Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The voices of the Dark Tower

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have a mic and I'm skint this month

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Come here, I have one.

Roland would have understood.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I love this thread so much... so... I hope we get something new here.

Roland would have understood.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm too lazy to figure out how to convert a garage band file.

And, my voice sounds terrible.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Letti, I love your "bump" smilie. cute!

daggers, i highly doubt your voice is terrible. Your hair is wild and crazy and I bet you have a voice to match!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just realized I could do something on my video camera

I just have to figure out which passage and set up the tripod
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Along the Path of the Beam Marty is on a distinguished road Marty's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello strangers, this is as good a place as any to return to.

I'd love to do something for this thread. I will have to find out where sen buried our books though.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Marty! I look forward to hearing your DT reading.

I just went back and listened to random clips again, you all sound great!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Patrick, you should do a reading of Little Sisters of Eluria and post it on here.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    skint?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Guessing here - "Without money or much money".
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Along the Path of the Beam Marty is on a distinguished road Marty's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Aye, skint means no cash.

I'm there also.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It does...and i still am

Is it a combination of the phrase "skin flint" into one word?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I did one and read SK's forward but I did it on my camera (facing out the window) and it was too big for youtube
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I did it on my camera (facing out the window) and it was too big for youtube
    A lot of men would love to have your problem Matt. Buck up camper.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Is it a combination of the phrase "skin flint" into one word?
    Hmm, don't know - as skin flint means a stingy/miserly person I don't think so. But, it does sound likely.

People also say "I'm brassic!" because "brassic lint" is cockney rhyming slang for skint.

I know it means miserly, I was just thinking somehow over the years it morphed together and the morphed word was used in different ways than the original phrase. Just a thought.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5