Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Haruki Murakami's first two novels back in print!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Haruki Murakami's first two novels back in print!

Haruki Muarakami's first two novels never published in English outside Japan and out of print there since the 1990s are back in print!

http://www.cnngo.com/tokyo/shop/pinb...-stores-405135
    http://lindsaynelson.com/2009/12/pin...ow-reprinting/

Just ordered both from Otaku.com for about $35 shipped. If anyone's a fan of Murakami, these are must-haves.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Thanks -- I've been a big fan of his work since Wind-up Bird Chronicles.

Gunslinger Apprentice sai delgado is on a distinguished road sai delgado's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

My partner has loaned me his short story collection-'After the Quake', but I haven't read it yet-looking forward to it though.
    'He bowed low, right down to the ground, in front of the man sitting there motionless, whose smile reminded him of everything that he had ever loved in his life, of everything that had ever been of value and holy in his life.' Herman Hesse

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Thanks -- I've been a big fan of his work since Wind-up Bird Chronicles.
    I have most of Murakami, but I can't get this one. First of all, the hardcover goes for exorbitant prices used (even really used), and also the translation has actually omitted chapters from the original. Maybe they'll re-translate it and I'll get it then.

I also can't find a good copy for a decent price of his first short story collection, The Elephant Vanishes, which also commands high prices. Also, Norwegian Wood has never been published in hardcover as far as I can surmise, which is unfortunate.

John F. Kennedy rosered is on a distinguished road rosered's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I real "Pinball, 1973" online, and I don't really like it a lot. The funny part is there is one girl called Naoko that commits suicide o.O (another one)

+ Reply to Thread