• 2: Only so-so

2 2.02%
  • 1: I didn't like it

1 1.01%
  • Never Read

28 28.28%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bracket #1: Rage (1977)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #1: Rage (1977)

Rage, 1977

Please vote for Rage using the following scale:

5: I loved it
    4: It was good
    3: Average
    2: Only so-so
    1: I didn't like it

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was good. I understood this book better than I wish I could've, but it wasn't the best of the Bachmans.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

What Sam said.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

the bachman books are some of my favorites so 5
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

This one gets a 5 from me, as it did last year. I was very dissapointed that this book was last place last year. I am hoping that it does better this year.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

a definite 1 from bears

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    a definite 1 from bears
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

just because it's a touchy subject doesnt make it not good, all the bachman books have this live-wire emotional kick in the teeth aspect to em, and some of them hit waaaay to close to home for many people's comfort zones
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave it a five. I think it's a shame King took it out of print.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    just because it's a touchy subject doesnt make it not good
    who ever said it did?

all the bachman books have this live-wire emotional kick in the teeth aspect to em, and some of them hit waaaay to close to home for many people's comfort zones
    Oh, come on. Rage is very far from being in any respect more "kicking in the teeth" than lots of books - great, good, mediocre or just plain poor (the "live-wire" topic by itself doesn't make a book great, you see) - written by mankind. In this particular case every word of it rings false to me, and the whole thing seems weak, unconvincing, pretentious, and psychologically ridiculous - in a word, a big lie from the beginning to the end. I don't appreciate it in books.

(any further discussion in the Rage thread, please)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Sorry , but I can bearly remeber the story. Pretty unremerkable
    for me, and yet I gave it a 2 ...so so.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Sunset Alex is on a distinguished road Alex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat" -Theodore Roosevelt

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Dumb, adolescent fantasy, but if you can get into it, it's distinctively written. It's really not so hard to believe that this is the author who grew up to write The Stand.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked the story well enough--a good read. However, there's really no depth of character. Compare Rage to, say, Apt Pupil. The latter is much more developed as far as getting into the mind of the boy.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Rage has earned a FAS (final average score) of 4.000000000 or 80.00%, placing 4th in this bracket. It will not be moving on to Round 2. In 2009, Rage placed 5th (last) with a FAS of 2.977777777, so it gained 1.022222223 (+34.33%) this time.

+ Reply to Thread