Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Dark, No Stars / Trade & Limited Editions

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Sorry, just now getting around to update everyone on the boards -- the Lettered Edition is sold out!
    Cool how is the Signed Limited selling???

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Sorry, just now getting around to update everyone on the boards -- the Lettered Edition is sold out!
    Lettered sold out.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice book! Although i wont be buying one...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Scribner's will be the first edition since their edition will be out in November. Ours won't be ready to ship until December.

best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Munshun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If I were going to spend $750 or $1,5000 on a book, Sai King himself had better bring it to my house.
    Well, that's probably not going to happen

So I guess a blowjob would be out of the question?
    ask me really nice and tell me I have a purty mouth... you never know...JKing

whew... so glad the lettered is sold out... I'm was really starting to breakdown ...

adicktion is not a purty thing (pun relates to both the above comments)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I place my order for the S/L about three hours ago.

Looking forward to receiving this new book around New Year's. CD puts out a quality product.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my order in early this morning - Central European Time - when most of you were still in bed sound asleep. I didn't have to think twice and ordered the gift, numbered and lettered editions.
    I've never regret the King limiteds I ordered - only the ones I didn't order!

sk

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Serious question after reading the CD webpage about this book. When they say these "will only increase in value", do they mean in a Franklin Mint/Bradford Exchange kind of way?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ordered - all three states!

sk

Serious question after reading the CD webpage about this book. When they say these "will only increase in value", do they mean in a Franklin Mint/Bradford Exchange kind of way?
    I'm fairly sure we don't say they "will only increase in value" about ANY book we publish, but if you look at the current prices for our edition of FROM A BUICK 8 on ABE, you'll see they are a fair bit more than the original issue price.

We do say this in reference to the BUICK 8 Gift Edition:

"As many collectors know, that was one of the rare Stephen King Gift Editions to sell out before publication and to go up in value significantly over the years."

Right now, on ABE, the three least expensive copies of that Gift Edition are:

US$ 70.03 -- for a library copy
    US$ 130.00 -- for a copy missing its slipcase
    US$ 250.00 -- for the first copy that has the slipcase and is in fine condition

If there have been other SK Gift Editions that have sold out pre-publication and gone up in value, please let me know so I can update that text. Thanks!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian, ABE is not a good indication of what a book sells for because it only shows the asking price. I usually offer less than what the seller's price is for an item and often have my offer accepted. No where does this show.

There's one on eBay that sold for $125. That's all I've been able to find there.

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.htm....c0.m270.l1313

John

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm fairly sure we don't say they "will only increase in value" about ANY book we publish, but if you look at the current prices for our edition of FROM A BUICK 8 on ABE, you'll see they are a fair bit more than the original issue price.

We do say this in reference to the BUICK 8 Gift Edition:

"As many collectors know, that was one of the rare Stephen King Gift Editions to sell out before publication and to go up in value significantly over the years."

Right now, on ABE, the three least expensive copies of that Gift Edition are:

US$ 70.03 -- for a library copy
    US$ 130.00 -- for a copy missing its slipcase
    US$ 250.00 -- for the first copy that has the slipcase and is in fine condition

If there have been other SK Gift Editions that have sold out pre-publication and gone up in value, please let me know so I can update that text. Thanks!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Yeah, that's it! I got the wording wrong but that was what I was talking about. It just seems like I get at least one or two CD emails every week - not just Stephen King books - touting some "collector's edition" or another. With that many it just seems a little "Franklin-minty". jmho

For those who were asking, I don't think the Limited Edition page is going to be around tomorrow, if you know what I mean.

Thanks to everyone who already ordered!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to Brian for coming here several times today to communicate with our members. I imagine things are quite hectic at CD today, and it says a lot about Brian, and perhaps a lot about our members that he comes here and addresses comments, questions and complaints.

Thanks again to Brian.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree wholeheartedly! Thanks VERY much, Brian.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to Brian for coming here several times today to communicate with our members. I imagine things are quite hectic at CD today, and it says a lot about Brian, and perhaps a lot about our members that he comes here and addresses comments, questions and complaints.

Thanks again to Brian.
    I agree wholeheartedly!

On a related note, I emailed Mindy this morning, which must be very busy for her too, and she replied within minutes.

- Patrick
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, thanks for all the updates Brian. Now... get back to work!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks again to Brian.
    I agree. I've not been a direct CD supporter for quite a while now. But with the increased communication Brian has given on these boards and the apparently turn around in business practices, I'd consider order direct again... some day.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

When, years ago, I started considering buying Gift editions, the first one I pointed my guns on was "Desperation", which I was able to buy at amazon.com

The next one was From a Buick 8, for which I gotta thank Rusty (namelessport), who pointed out one for me at a very good price.

Those two books were (both editions are simply awesome) the reason I become a collector.

So there's no chance I'd not buy this book.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

[quote=Mr. Munshun;559020][quote=BrianFreeman;559014]
    Yeah, that's it! I got the wording wrong but that was what I was talking about. It just seems like I get at least one or two CD emails every week - not just Stephen King books - touting some "collector's edition" or another. With that many it just seems a little "Franklin-minty". jmho
    "Franklin-minty" I love it!

I will never guess at what a book may or may not be worth in the long-term because I think it's foolish to do so -- who knows what the future might hold --- but I think a lot of people buy these books for a variety of reasons including a lot of general readers who just like hardcover books.

We've had several books sell out VERY quickly this year, and obviously that doesn't mean they'll go up in value, but it seems like a good start if you're a collector who likes to discuss that part of collecting. Better than if they take months or years to sell, right?

(Some of the books that have sold out quickly are The Passage by Justin Cronin, the signed edition of Pork Pie Hat by Peter Straub, The Secret Backs of Things by Christopher Golden, Bone Soup by TM Wright, and Four Rode Out by Tim Curran, Brian Keene, Tim Lebbon, and Steve Vernon. Those all sold out in anywhere from 4 hours to one week.)

And now, yes, I'd better get back to work! It's been a long couple of weeks.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Ordered the Gift and Limited Editions late, because I had to work and I'm probably the only person in the universe without a cell phone or Twitter or any of that sort of thing. My order went through, so I hope the Limited hasn't sold out yet. $47 postage! Does the term 'highway robbery' mean anything to anybody?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Ordered the Gift and Limited Editions late, because I had to work and I'm probably the only person in the universe without a cell phone or Twitter or any of that sort of thing. My order went through, so I hope the Limited hasn't sold out yet. $47 postage! Does the term 'highway robbery' mean anything to anybody?
    You're not the only one.

I remembered the email I received a few days ago saying there will be a new limited edition announced on Tuesday. I checked my email as soon as I woke up and there it was.

I'm sure Mr. Freeman would've told us it's sold out if it were.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

If I were going to spend $750 or $1,5000 on a book, Sai King himself had better bring it to my house.
    Well, that's probably not going to happen

So I guess a blowjob would be out of the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    When, years ago, I started considering buying Gift editions, the first one I pointed my guns on was "Desperation"
    Desperation and Insomnia were the first two Gift Editions I ever purchased and I was hooked!

Best,
    Brian

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got mine ordered. I am glad to see a limited being done for this one!!

Life is a garden...dig it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast