Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Dark, No Stars / Trade & Limited Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

I got my orer in the S/L. Unsure on a gift, if I'm getting a trade to read, what's the point?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just the regular trade edition for me.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Hopefully they'll be able to accomodate everyone who places an order. I remember back when they did From a Buick 8 they had to call some people after the fact to let them know they were already sold out and wouldn't be able to fulfill the order. Considering that the official announcement went out through King's mailing list, I'm thinking this one will go pretty quick.
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Illustration's thread created in the respective forum.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Wow! You are fast!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Man, you are fast!!

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Lettered is definitely pricey and the extras aren't really that special IMHO.
    Keep in mind that the descriptions of the Lettereds don't usually do the final product justice. I mean, it's no Lettered Regulators, but a Cemetery Dance Lettered is usually a very nice product, particularly when it's one of the $750.00+ Lettereds (Devil's Wine, From a Buick 8, Secretary of Dreams, etc.)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nyy3723a View Post
    I got my orer in the S/L. Unsure on a gift, if I'm getting a trade to read, what's the point?
    The gift edition is a reprint. The first edition will be the Scribner one.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I wish King would go with other publishing houses other than CD. I wonder if he has some sort of contract with them for x number of books. Doesn't seem like something he would normally do but with all of the publishers out there, it just seems like this one is getting all of the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Would have to get confirmation from Mindy, but the book has been at the printer since September and may be considered the first edition, regardless of the fact that it will be arriving in December. If I recall correctly, Grant's edition of Black House did not arrive until months after the trade (due to production delays) but because they had copies finished before the trade edition release, they were still able to claim the Black House S/L as the first edition.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think that King is "closed" to other offerings from different publishers. After all, in the last years several other publishers sold limited editions of King books.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if Hodder is going to also do a UK s/l edition...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's a slightly different dust jacket too:

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post
    Would have to get confirmation from Mindy, but the book has been at the printer since September and may be considered the first edition, regardless of the fact that it will be arriving in December.
    Scribner's FDNS has been at the printer since August. The first edition is the one published first, and Scribner's will be published long before CD's.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It would be interesting to know the hour-to-hour breakdown of sales.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

well, I should get the #'d and the gift with my lifetime membership...
    Thankyou CD for publishing this King limited through CD.

I would get the lettered... but, I've got so much invested in CD so far, with the SOD 2 ltr'd, necon artist & ltr'd, century's best ltr'd, riding the bullet's...
    I really need to get some of these and get caught up before I start adding more.

bigger yet is the fact this month I just spent 13,000.00 on a refi/paydown on the house (went from a 30 year to 15 year), have had about 2000.00 worth of medical tests done and have about 1500.00 more to get done, made some significant purchases for upgrading my DJ business, just got back from an expensive Hawaiian vacation.... it's really bad timing for me also.

still almost want to pull the trigger on the lettered... but between the backlogs and the expensive month... probably going to practice some self control... for once.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post
    Would have to get confirmation from Mindy, but the book has been at the printer since September and may be considered the first edition, regardless of the fact that it will be arriving in December.
    Scribner's FDNS has been at the printer since August. The first edition is the one published first, and Scribner's will be published long before CD's.
    As I said, I have no knowledge as to who would be claiming the first edition. I just remember Grant's Black House being the "First Edition" even though it was not released until the following year (2002 versus 2001 for the trade edition).

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    I wish King would go with other publishing houses other than CD. I wonder if he has some sort of contract with them for x number of books. Doesn't seem like something he would normally do but with all of the publishers out there, it just seems like this one is getting all of the cake.
    I have the feeling that we just don't have our hand held up high enough to let him know that we are still here! LOL
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I were going to spend $750 or $1,5000 on a book, Sai King himself had better bring it to my house.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Munshun View Post
    If I were going to spend $750 or $1,5000 on a book, Sai King himself had better bring it to my house.
    Well, that's probably not going to happen

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6OG6dk8R9k"]YouTube - Home Delivery[/ame]

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Well, that's probably not going to happen

So I guess a blowjob would be out of the question?

Country
    Country Flag

I'd pay more than that for his grocery list

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

well, i ordered a signed and gift.hope they come for x-mas!!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just placed my order for a S/L, so they're not sold out yet.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Sorry, just now getting around to update everyone on the boards -- the Lettered Edition is sold out!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast