Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Dark, No Stars / Trade & Limited Editions

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I heard from a British bookseller the trade edition is already scarce. It's not available at Amazon.com.uk and it's around 20 pounds at Abes. Don't know why they'd do so few of a trade paperback, unless my information is faulty.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Don't know why they'd do so few of a trade paperback, unless my information is faulty.
    They do many thousands of the paperbacks, just in short printings. They will be on the second or third printing by now.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got an email from CD stating that the Gift Edition of Full Dark is 97% sold out.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Glen Chadbourne is doing remarqes in the Limited Edition at CD. ($195)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'll reply to that with 'smilies':

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If I were more a fan of Chadbourne's work, I'd consider it.

John

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got the email from CD about the remarques also, and as much as I do like Glenn's work, I think they're asking for too much unless he's doing something more than a pen or pencil piece of art. I know there's the middleman of CD in there so Glenn's not getting as much for the work as CD is charging, but the cost is just too high for my wallet.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was very excited when I first saw the email about the Chadbourne remarques, but then I saw the price. It's too high for me.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

If it was Dameron-esque, maybe (well, not that good...but something in that vein) it would be worth it....but yeah, $195 for a pencil drawing isn't worth it. They should establish some parameter on what he'll be doing.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    ... They should establish some parameter on what he'll be doing.
    I agree. I had assumed it would be one of Glenn's single page black-and-white remarques, which I like very much based on what people like Ralph have posted. However I don't like any of them $180 worth. But perhaps this new offer is a full 2-page spread, multi-colored remarque. No idea.

Perhaps Brian can shed some light on this.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The price was $179, not $195, but I think all of the slots have sold (assuming everyone sends in payment). It's going to be a color piece of art, but I don't know if that's pencils or inks. Glenn didn't say but I can ask if anyone bought one and is having second thoughts!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Color?

Anyway, I hope we get to see some of the end results. I'll probably be a bit jealous.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Honestly, a color piece for $179 should be worth it...it's the black-and-white pencil drawings that seem pretty meh...as we've seen with Dameron and Maitz, color changes everything.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Rahfa that a color piece might certainly be worth the price. Color does add a different dimension to the work. It was still too much for my wallet to handle, but it sounds like people should be getting their money's worth.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I just got FDNS, my first UK King book in the mail today. Yay! I thought that it was time (as a US collector) to expand my horizons. However, my UK friends, I don't suppose Hodder starts their first printing indicators with "2" by any chance, do they? Like maybe they thought Random House had a good idea and wanted to run with it?

*I'm not holding my breath for a positive answer*

Country
    Country Flag

2 = second printing.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dammit, I knew as much. Stupid Amazon.

Thanks for the confirmation, though, Mr. Rabbit.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I got my 1st/1st UK edition from our local bookstore here in The Netherlands and I'm pretty sure they have more copies (we usually get both US and UK trade HCs here, in addition to the Dutch translation). So I could probably get one for you if you want to. But shipping to the US will be quite a bit more expensive than through Amazon... probably around $25 (in addition to the $30 or so for the book).

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the offer, biomieg! I'll definitely take it into consideration. The primary reason I was convinced into starting my UK King collection this year was the price, as Amazon had it listed for less than 8ps. Even with the extra shipping and the abysmal exchange rate, it was less than the US hardcover price. I'll look into returning my 2nd printing and I'll see about other, cheaper options for the 1st/1st first.

I really do appreciate the offer, though. That's very cool of you!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Well. we even have a thread for this kind of stuff: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ist-each-other that's how cool we are at TDT. org!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is really annoying that the folks on eBay selling copies of FDNS from the signing last night seem to be trying to pass this off as a limited edition. This is one subtitle for an auction:

RARE VIDEO+PHOTO PROOF, 1ST EDITION/1ST PRINT 1/450

Yes, he only signed 450 books, but it isn't limited. It is one of 1.2 million or so first editions that happen to be signed. Whose to say he won't sign other copies down the line for someone.

Yes, that's silly.....it's not limited to anything...he certainly didn't sign it "one of 450 RiverRun edtions."

They were first trade editions, though, whuch surprised me.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Why the surprise? I believe first print run exceeded 1 million-1.2 million to be more precise.

I dunno....I guess it's been out almost a month so I just assumed it would have a 2-10 number line. I recall whatever the last book was going to 2nd printings very quickly.

When I spoke to a friend at S&S the other day, she indicated they were already shipping the second printing.

Best,
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast