Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Dark, No Stars / Trade & Limited Editions

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

None that I know of so far.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    Any variant covers as there was with UTD?
    The UK paperback is different from the hardback.

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm only on page 30, but it feels like I've read this one before. Bag of Delores Claibones anyone?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read BAG OF BONES, but I guess I should be glad that I haven't yet read DOLORES CLAIRBORNE.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He definitely is revisiting a few previously used themes. Thankfully, most of the details which make up the meat of each tale are unique enough to offer a new insight into King's character's minds and a couple of unexpected twists to boot.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Last night my UK review copy Full Dark arrived with publisher's letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Last night my UK review copy Full Dark arrived with publisher's letter.
    Has anyone posted photos of the UK review copy yet? For some reason, I really love review copies, but missed out on this one!

Brian

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am at work but could tonight unless John Hanic does it this afternoon!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not seeing anything Bag of Bones-like. Albeit I'm still fairly early in.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought I did before (maybe in the Pride and Joy thread) but here they are again:

And the publisher's letter:

John

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This might seem like a strange question but can someone tell me if the First Edition, First Printing has the full numberline 1 3 5 7 9 8 6 4 2 on the copyright page? I just received my copies from Amazon today and there is no 1 in the numberline. Are they already on a second printing? If so I will need to return it and go to a local bookstore and pick it up. Thanks.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My copy has a "1". I'm a bit surprised they're already into the second printing. I understood there were 1,200,000 copies of the first/first printed.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John, that is what I was afraid was. I know all the past Scribner copies had the full numberline I was just surprised there would be a second printing already. I can't believe I have to track down a first printing a week after the book is out.....

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    exactly like mine!!
    Thanks for posting!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    This might seem like a strange question but can someone tell me if the First Edition, First Printing has the full numberline 1 3 5 7 9 8 6 4 2 on the copyright page? I just received my copies from Amazon today and there is no 1 in the numberline. Are they already on a second printing? If so I will need to return it and go to a local bookstore and pick it up. Thanks.
    You got shanked. Return it and pick one up at your local discount book store; you will be able to visually able to confirm it's a 1st printing.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    You got shanked. Return it and pick one up at your local discount book store; you will be able to visually able to confirm it's a 1st printing.
    RF, I am going to have to disagree with you on this. By saying he got shanked, you imply a rip-off (at least that is what I infer). He ordered the book, and unless there was some promise of receiving a first edition, he got what he paid for.

To return it seems wrong to me as Amazon will now eat the cost of shipping it back.

JMO
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with tippy that I don't think he got "ripped off" but I think he is perfectly well within his rights to return it. When a book is ordered and shipped within a few days of its publication, an expectation of a first printing is inherent. If it's not a first, I see no problem in returning it.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I agree that it's def. not any kind of rip-off....you certainly should not expect collectible editions from Amazon...but, go ahead and return it. I certainly don't think anybody owes Amazon any loyalty over lost shipping costs.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Has a UK paperback (large or small) edition been released yet? There is no official posting for one on Amazon UK, but the US site has it available from 3 other dealers.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    RF, I am going to have to disagree with you on this. By saying he got shanked, you imply a rip-off (at least that is what I infer). He ordered the book, and unless there was some promise of receiving a first edition, he got what he paid for.

To return it seems wrong to me as Amazon will now eat the cost of shipping it back.

JMO
    Poor choice of words on my part. I meant that he was unfortunate (oh man, it sucks to be you).
    Amazon did nothing wrong, however he can return it by indicating he was dissatisfied (which I believe he is). Amazon policy states "Books purchased from Amazon.com are easily returned within 30 days of receipt of shipment to Amazon.com via our Online Returns Center." Additionally, the book qualifies as Not as Expected".

Country
    Country Flag

I did return it to Amazon and picked up my copy at the local book store. When I placed my order back in March of this year the description did state First Edition with the publication date. It now just lists the publication date without stating first edition. I had e-mailed Amazon and told them why I was returning it and they had no problems and issued a refund immediately, even before the books were returned.

I have always pre-ordered my books from Amazon and have always received 1st/1st copies. I was very surprised when these arrived and they were 2nd printings, especially being so close to the initial publication date.

For the little save (10%) in the future I might just always pick them up at the local bookstore. That why I am sure of what I get and will be sure they are in Brand New condition as well. Live and learn I guess.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I thought I did before (maybe in the Pride and Joy thread) but here they are again:

And the publisher's letter:

John
    How can you tell if you have a 1st edition of the UK book?
    The ones I received do not have number lines on the copyright page.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    How can you tell if you have a 1st edition of the UK book?
    The ones I received do not have number lines on the copyright page.
    The 1st edition, 1st printing has the number 1 in the middle of the copyright page. A 2nd printing would have the number 2.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Has a UK paperback (large or small) edition been released yet? Ther is no official posting for this on the Amazon UK site, but the US site has it available from 3 other dealers.
    The UK paperback was released at the same time as the hardback.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish the US would release HBs and PBs at the same time.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast