Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Dark, No Stars / Trade & Limited Editions

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since when does a book club sell signed editions?? I'm a member of the Stephen King Book Club, and while I didn't open the copy of FDNS this time around before sending it back, I'm pretty certain it wasn't signed. So the question is which book club. As for the price, too high. For a signed book club edition, $50 or maybe even $75. For this particular book though I wouldn't bite simply because there's a S/L coming from CD. Yes it'll be more expensive than what I'd pay for this one, but I'd rather pay for the extras that'll come with the CD edition than have a signed book club edition, even if it is some sort of S/L.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I would just like to take a moment and use the listing under discussion to point out how easy it is for a publisher to print the most basic limation sheet for signature. So why the hell couldn't the U.S. Signed Limited edition of UTD have had one? Yes, I'm still annoyed.

Back on topic, despite one hundred copies being the smallest limitation of FDNS yet (vs. the booksigning or the CD S/L), the BIN price is too high for me as well.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Until this moment, I've never heard of it. Seems legit.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$500 is too rich for my blood, but it certainly is intriguing.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The (more or less) completist in me says Buy it, but, as Randall says, $500 is a bit much.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

With normal trade editions going for $299, I'd say $350-$400 is the right price for this one.

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Somebody asked the seller about the book:

Q: Hi I was wondering how and where you obtained this book.
    A: The book was obtained through a book club special customer sale.
    No further info than that.....

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is this truly a BCE though? Are we talking the small size / cheap paper and binding? I find it strange that they would produce an S/L... Although it does obviously look legit.

As to address Patrick's comment on the limitation page, I COMPLETELY AGREE! Scribner really dropped the ball not putting such a page into UtD.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I asked the seller if there was a price on the dust jacket. No price.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone,

As you know, Ralph posted a link to a heretofore unseen signed limited book club edition of FULL DARK, NO STARS in the Intriguing Auctions thread. While it fit that thread topic since it is certainly an intriguing eBay auction, it was beginning to generate two discussions on the same topic in both that thread and this thread.

Because the book is generating much discussion and information about the 100 signed books in this limited edition that goes beyond the single auction, I have moved all the posts over to this FDNS thread to keep the conversation in one location and since this thread is dedicated to this single title, it seemed the appropriate place.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks.
    - Patrick

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a little more information in regards to the signed limited book club edition.

I sent the seller this:

Hello, which book club offered this signed edition? Given the limitation, I'm surprised they let you purchase two copies. Also, is the signed limitation page bound into the book or is it loose? I can't tell from the photo. Thank you in advance and happy new year!
    The seller's response:

This was a special e-mail offer through the Science Fiction Book Club. The signed limitation page is bound into the book.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info Patrick.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The fact that there's a limitation page that is bound into the book, makes this more interesting than any of those 400 signed copies of the trade edition.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    The fact that there's a limitation page that is bound into the book, makes this more interesting than any of those 400 signed copies of the trade edition.
    It certainly makes it interesting, but so far no one thinks it is a least $299 interesting. I think it will get a bid before the 5+ days when it ends, it still remains to be seen if $500 is too high.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone dug up any information on this?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Has anyone dug up any information on this?
    It was a special offer to members of the Science Fiction Book Club. It is a book club edition (no price on dustjacket) and has an unnumbered signed limitation page bound into the book. There are only one hundred of these special edition books.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My wife and I are both in the SFBC and neither one of us got this special email. I wonder how they decided who got one.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    My wife and I are both in the SFBC and neither one of us got this special email. I wonder how they decided who got one.
    That's too bad. Both for you missing the opportunity, but also because it would be nice to have confirmation of the information from someone other than a single seller.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone here order a remarque to be done in there limited FDNS? I'm considering it... I thought I read a post or emal about them using color....
    Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks Brian .........

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    Did anyone here order a remarque to be done in there limited FDNS? I'm considering it... I thought I read a post or emal about them using color....
    Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks Brian .........
    Glenn is using color, which is the first time he's done that for a remarque for us. I will post a photo of the first one he sends us, which should be next week!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    That's too bad. Both for you missing the opportunity, but also because it would be nice to have confirmation of the information from someone other than a single seller.
    A friend who is an executive at Direct Brands (the company that owns SFBC) confirmed for me that they did ask King to sign 100 copies and these copies were sold on their website via an email offer. She was looking into who exactly was sent the offer and what the original price for the deal was. I will post back if I hear more.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    A friend who is an executive at Direct Brands (the company that owns SFBC) confirmed for me that they did ask King to sign 100 copies and these copies were sold on their website via an email offer. She was looking into who exactly was sent the offer and what the original price for the deal was. I will post back if I hear more.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    Interesting, thanks again for the inside info, Brian. Look forward to hearing more.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    Interesting Brian. Thanks for the info. Not mad at all that I didn't get the email. Just curious. I'm sure those 100 copies didn't last long once the emails went out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast