Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Dark, No Stars / Trade & Limited Editions

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes that's what it looks like - sort of. But I'm sure the book has been shipped to many domestic and international destinations already and, more likely than not, other bookstores have already put it on their shelves too. I'm not really sure about the kind of embargo associated with book release dates but I don't think Scribner really cares if a couple of small booksellers put the book on their shelves a few days early.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

FYI : Not sure if anyone is following this or not - but the last email from CD indicated that the Gift Edition was 80% sold out.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post

I hate em... but I still entered the contest.

but in usual fashion, the people at S & S have their heads up their bums, I found it somewhat funny that where you enter your date of birth... on the dropdown menu.... they have the years from 1900 (how many 110 years old do they think will be entering?) to 2015. (how many minus 5 year olds ...that can read... and use the internet... do they plan on registering?)

I guess one can never be to young or to old to be a rabid king fan.

typical of S&S

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

...yeah, I'll have to be sure and check in on this site in 2047 or so. I can see the post now:

KingsBiggestFan=> Hi everyone, I'm new here. My name is Bob Jr. and I live in the Texas Panhandle. I am King's BIGGEST FAN!!!! I've been a King Fan since before I was born. I'm 35 years old and have been collecting for about 37 years. In fact, I got my first signed King book when I was just a twinkle in my daddy's eyes. I won it in a contest from some publisher that is no longer around. Nice to meet you guys, I'll show you pictures of my basement and make you all drool when I get time.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    ...yeah, I'll have to be sure and check in on this site in 2047 or so. I can see the post now:

KingsBiggestFan=> Hi everyone, I'm new here. My name is Bob Jr. and I live in the Texas Panhandle. I am King's BIGGEST FAN!!!! I've been a King Fan since before I was born. I'm 35 years old and have been collecting for about 37 years. In fact, I got my first signed King book when I was just a twinkle in my daddy's eyes. I won it in a contest from some publisher that is no longer around. Nice to meet you guys, I'll show you pictures of my basement and make you all drool when I get time.

WTF?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    The official release date of the US trade edition is November 9th 2010 but it's already in our bookstores. I grabbed one during my lunch break

Guess what I'll be reading tonight?
    Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!
    I know where I'll be heading after work tomorrow....

sk

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I hope they have one (or more) for you in Rotterdam, Siep! Good luck

By the way, we're moving to Delft so I'm going to have to check out the bookstores in the area. I've never been to Donner, so...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post

WTF?
    ha ha... just teasing ya a bit... i figured if anyone has been collecting king since BEFORE they were born, it'd have to be someone like you bob. after all, you do have the most incredible collection of anyone, as far as I'm concerned. to put together something like your basement, I figure any mortal nowdays would have to start collecting before they were out of the womb... apparently simon and schuster does too, since for their sweepstakes they are accepting birthdays from the year 2015.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I got the joke.

My Mood
    Gay

Brian - At last count, the Gift Edition was at 80% sold... is that still fairly accurate?

Thanks!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Brian - At last count, the Gift Edition was at 80% sold... is that still fairly accurate?

Thanks!
    It's probably closing in on 90% now, I'll can check the sales report later today to know the exact amount!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

My Mood
    Gay

Thank you, kind sir.

I really appreciate all the updates.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey everyone,

I had been planning (for the first time this year) to start getting the UK editions along with the US editions of King's new books. In this regard, I had been planning on ordering the Hodder edition of Full Dark from thebookdepository.com. Good discounts AND free worldwide shipping!

They informed me today however, that I could not order that title due to the publisher restricting the sale of that title to "people in specific countries." Have you guys ever run into this problem? Where is a good place that the US residents would recommend for for collecting of the UK hardcovers?

Thanks for the info!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That sounds really weird... eBooks have regional restrictions, but I don't see how a physical book can...?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always ordered my UK editions from Amazon.co.uk with no problems. (I just got an email notice that Full Dark shipped two days ago.)

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

As John said. Amazon is the easiest and cheapest.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I don't know about cheapest -- Book Depository doesn't charge shipping, which can be hefty from the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

Thanks!
    Sorry, didn't get back to post yesterday! As of the end of the day, the Gift Edition of FULL DARK, NO STARS was 89% sold. More orders came in overnight, so I suspect we've probably hit 90% now.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I also ordered FULL DARK from Amazon.UK. The e-mail I received indicated it had been sent Sunday, so was it 'officially' released before the US edition?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Not really. Amazon.co.uk normally sends the new releases to their US customers a few days ahead of the official publication date so that the order arrives around the official date. Somehow we didn't get a mail delivery yesterday, so I won't be surprised if my copy shows up today.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine came yesterday, but then I am in the UK so it's to be expected, great pre-order price from Amazon of £7.60($12.2). My us edition will be a while yet though.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So far, how many proofs are there? (US & UK)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

I know this thread isn't really about reading the book but I'm halfway through the last story and the book has been an awesome, sinister read so far!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There are 77 numbered UK proofs. If things go as before, there will be a few unnumbered ones showing up occasionally. No idea on how many US proofs were done, but they are scarce.

John

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any variant covers as there was with UTD?

Life is a garden...dig it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast