Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Full Dark, No Stars / Trade & Limited Editions

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Can't hardly wait to see which remarque I'm lucky enough to receive - next week, hopefully, if the postal service works in its usual pondering fashion (nah, not really, it's my impatience that makes it seem an eternity between shipping confirmation and subsequent delivery)
    Sweet - after having our customs people hold my LE Remarqued FDNS to ransom for two weeks until I paid tax on it, I have one of the Big Driver remarques from Glenn (will post it on my thread later this weekend) - freaking awesome !!!!
    We all float down here!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Turns out the lettered PC edition of FDNS I received has an original color illustration (aka remarque) done and signed by Chadbourne on the title page. Pics to come but its nothing not already seen - barn, house, skeleton coming out of the well with lots and lots of rats. Might not be a popular comment but truthfully Im a little bummed. I wanted the title page for a commissioned illustration (not a Chadbourne). On the bright side I didnt pay extra for it, so I guess thats something.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gotta accentuate the positive I suppose Nadine - a free remarque is pretty cool (but I suppose it depends on tastes, I know you're not a huge fan of Glenn's, particularly the repetitive stuff) but not so much so if you had other plans for it (ie- having one of the other artists remarque the title page) So, congratulations and commiserations in equal measure
    We all float down here!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Thanks Bad Penny.
    For prosperity's posterity's sake I'll post the image here.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking you mean posterity?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

Posterity/prosperity - it's all good I like it Nadine, mainly cos I believe you may hold the record for the overall number of rats in any one of Glenn's FDNS remarques (I count 15 1/3 of the furry little buggers)
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Perhaps a little Freudian slip seeing as apparently I have the most rats.

Yay me

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I suppose if rats were a recognised medium of exchange somewheres you'd likely be considered quite well-to-do, rodentially speaking ???
    We all float down here!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Hmmm

Well, I suppose if rats were a recognised medium of exchange somewheres you'd likely be considered quite well-to-do, rodentially speaking ???
    actually they may just be in Thailand .

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post

Yay me
    She who has the most rats wins....or so they say.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

In case anyone is interested, came across this one on eBay today; S/L #254, remarqued (it's a one-ratter), $1500 BIN/OBO.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...cAAOSwwRpef6B1
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

John F. Kennedy ExtremeWaysABA is a jewel in the rough ExtremeWaysABA is a jewel in the rough ExtremeWaysABA is a jewel in the rough ExtremeWaysABA is a jewel in the rough ExtremeWaysABA's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. That's a nice remarque, but at roughly $1000 over what FDNS S/L numbered copies are selling for today, I personally couldn't justify triple the market value.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    In case anyone is interested, came across this one on eBay today; S/L #254, remarqued (it's a one-ratter), $1500 BIN/OBO.

I'm sorry but, ONE RAT is really a totally lame remarque and I really mean no disrespect. You see I believe somewhere there is a "Rat" thread for FD/NS that ended with the famous "Ultimate Rat Edition" that contained, Glenn's absolute most rats and bears the further guaranty to never be reproduced or exceeded. As such the "Ultimate Rat Edition" is a truly one of a kind edition. The only book in existence. So, in that light, this edition has to be considered a "Light weight" by any reasonable standards.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

WAY WAY WAY overpriced...I SOLD a remarqued copy for $599....Some people love Chadbourne (I do), others do not....he did many remarques and his remarques are not worth more than $150 in my opinion.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bad Penny.

Posterity/prosperity - it's all good I like it Nadine, mainly cos I believe you may hold the record for the overall number of rats in any one of Glenn's FDNS remarques (I count 15 1/3 of the furry little buggers)

Yay me
    Actually, if my memory serves at all, this edition is not even close to the "Ultimate Rat" edition I mentioned above. As I recall there were 30+ rats in that edition. The rats extended past the full page remarque to quite a few of the pages even. It was designed, by Glenn's own count, to have the record number of rats and as I stated came with the guaranty to never be equaled or exceeded by him. I know, I designed and paid for the donation to the Haven Fund. TN's copy is quite nice and impressive none the less. I'm not trying to take anything away from her very cool and very nice ikkustration.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bad Penny.

Yay me
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

WAY WAY WAY overpriced...I SOLD a remarqued copy for $599....Some people love Chadbourne (I do), others do not....he did many remarques and his remarques are not worth more than $150 in my opinion.
    Unfortunately, as usual, David is spot on with his info. Maybe even a little generous with regard to the pricing. And I like his work too.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    If you want the definitive copy of this book, bid here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...iginal-Art-1-1

Good Luck!!!!
    I’d like to see the drawings in this one again.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bad Penny.

Yay me
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    If you want the definitive copy of this book, bid here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...iginal-Art-1-1

Good Luck!!!!
    I’d like to see the drawings in this one again.
    The art files are on my other PC and I can't get to them right now so, you'd have to ask, Jerome if he still has it. You can see the art on The Collector site under multiple illustrations. I know I sent him all three pieces. As I recall, Baumann did the B/W Truck, Clark did the dice and I'm unsure of which one Chadbourne did if that helps a little.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was scrolling back through and saw that in 2012 Merlin had a Lettered M up for $1500, so yeah this S/L one might be a tad high.

Also, if memory serves me right, we had a dedicated Rat thread that descended into name-calling and assorted other mayhem and was thus discontinued by the boss. I mean, that certainly sounds like us .......
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bad Penny.

Yay me
    I was scrolling back through and saw that in 2012 Merlin had a Lettered M up for $1500, so yeah this S/L one might be a tad high.

Also, if memory serves me right, we had a dedicated Rat thread that descended into name-calling and assorted other mayhem and was thus discontinued by the boss. I mean, that certainly sounds like us .......
    Really? Name calling and assorted mayhem? From us? Perish the thought, George.Perish the thought!!! LOL I have certainly never sunk to that level before I believe as far as I can recall. lol

Spoiler:
    You silly bastard!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    You know George on behalf of myself and the entire "Haven Fund Crew" of contributing members I gotta extend a big "Thank you" for re-visiting this thread and stirring a lot of great memories from the Haven Fund years. I know at least I appreciate it greatly. Not did we only create a LOT of memorable collectibles, but we had a lot of fun doing it and there was some truly remarkable charitable acts contributed by a host of members, artists and publishers to help us attain the success we did over the years,
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have the rarest edition of this book. Mine does not have a "remarque". (The only thing rarer is an unsigned Joe Hill book.)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I have the rarest edition of this book. Mine does not have a "remarque". (The only thing rarer is an unsigned Joe Hill book.)
    MIne does not either. I sold it and got one without one....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bad Penny.

Yay me
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Well now, don't you two know how to kill a discussion!!!! LOL

You know, now your both on the real rats hit list!!!! They'll be coming for you both. Be prepared!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

*Originally Posted by*Mr. Rabbit Trick*

I love mine!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are a few of what we called max rats:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast