Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Dark, No Stars

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ari, Just curious. Which was your favorite story?

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hard to choose one...I think the order would be:

1) Fair Extension
    2) 1922
    3) Big driver
    4) A good marriage.

But again...there isn't a difference between the 1st one I choose and the last one. I think it's one of the collections I enjoyed the most, just below Just After Sunset (which I think it's the best he wrote).
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

My list would be the exact inverse of that one!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm so envious of those of you with the ARCs. *sigh* Can't wait to read this one based on all your feedback!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I couldnt help reading the afterword before the stories

"the stories in this book are harsh"
    After reading the afterword, i understand better the title
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Official promo site for the book: http://www.stephenking.com/promo/ful...ars/index.html

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeous web page for that.

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just received this e-mail from River Run Bookstore. I sure wish I lived closer... Anyone want to get me one of the books??

RiverRun Bookstore is honored, thrilled, and pretty much over the moon to announce that we will be hosting world famous bestselling author Stephen King for his new book: Full Dark, No Stars.

This event will be on Thursday, December 2nd at 7pm. The event will be held at RiverRun Bookstore, located at 20 Congress Street in downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

This is a ticketed event. Please see below for details before contacting us. You must e-mail us in order to get your ticket.

* The ticket price ($27.99) admits one person and includes ONE copy of Full Dark, No Stars. Tickets are limited to TWO per customer (to admit two people in). Mr. King will ONLY be signing this book. He will not be personalizing, and he won't be signing other books or memorabilia. Instead of a paper ticket, you will be required to show ID at the door and we will check you off of a list.

*You must be present at the signing in order to get your book. We will not be mailing signed books after this event.

* Stephen King will sign for 400 people. We are able to sell an additional 50 standby tickets. It is NOT a guarantee that Mr. King will sign these additional 50 books. If he doesn't get to them, RiverRun is happy to refund the ticket price.

*In order to get a ticket, you MUST e-mail riverrunking@gmail.com with a name and phone number to contact you at. RiverRun Bookstore will call you within 24 hours of your email if you are within the first 450 people to e-mail us. We will hold your ticket for up to 48 hours without payment, but reserve the right to sell your ticket if you do not pay during that time.

*Once tickets are sold out, we will have an automatic response e-mail to notify you that all tickets are gone.

*Ticket holders will be assigned a time to show up at the store and wait in line. Dress warmly, because you will have to wait outside for a period of time!

**Mr. King will not pose for photos. Non-flash photography is allowed.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!

Nice to know that! Too bad this year I can't make it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do bookshops usually charge tickets for book signings?

I remember wandering into a bookshop in the Glades in Bromley a few years back. There was a guy there signing a book (I think some kind of autobiography thing) for a queue of people. His face was vaguely familiar... and he turned out to be one of the Rolling Stones. (I forget which one. Not Jagger.) So A little Dark Tower link there too. Hee!

I think anyone could pretty much join the queue free of charge. As long as they were buying the book... a large chunk which would go into the writer's pocket of course. (I didn't. I probably wandered over tot he fantasy and horror sections and had a perusal as normal.)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It's virtually unheard of to charge a fee for a book signing at a store. Often you have to buy a copy of the current book, that's all.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I received a call and have 2 tickets. From what I understand, the ~$28 includes 1 copy of the book. In other words, no premium price just to get in and THEN buy the book.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Despite what I said, including the price of a hardback book, I guess that's not too bad.

The event is now sold out.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Jerome...I am assuming that you are having two people go for you...cause if you were plannin on visiting the East Coast I would have known and expected a visit!!!! LOL
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Book trailer and interview are up on official site:
    http://www.fulldarknostarsbook.com/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That site also has more excerpts and other goodies.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
    Jerome...I am assuming that you are having two people go for you...cause if you were plannin on visiting the East Coast I would have known and expected a visit!!!! LOL
    Eh HEM!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Is the Liner Notes to 1922 by King on the site, taken from the book's afterword or written for the online excerpt only?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well noticed! It's not from the book (not from the afterword), so it's an exclusive text.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

H&S promo video for 1922:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkOHyGzO2jc"]YouTube - 1922 - Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King - Part 1[/ame]

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

EXCELLENT!

Did it appear in a dedicated website?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

It'll probably be on H&S FDNS website, which is supposed to be up in a few days.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW! Awesome!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast