Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Dark, No Stars

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Liljas has posted the UK cover

Reversed... like someone that is lying on the ground, dead.
    This one and the american one, makes me think that the stories will be pretty violent, with lots of dead people, killing...
    My first thought was that it looked like a reflection in a pool of water.
    I kinda got the impression that this is the view of someone hanging upside down.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Lilja has posted the corrected cover of the UK Full Dark, No Stars:

John

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think they should have stuck with the first one!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    I think they should have stuck with the first one!

I definitely agree. Obviously, it leant a little mystery. I also liked the idea of it being the view of someone hanging upside down. Kind of unsettling.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished the last story in Full Dark, No Stars this morning. My grades:

1922: A-
    Big Driver: A
    A Fair Extension: A
    The Good Marriage: A+

One of King's better collections for sure. The stories are pretty dark, though, and may not appeal to everyone.

John

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

so when does it come out?
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

November.

I liked 1922 better than Fair Extension primarily because I was disappointed with the resolution of the latter.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Now I thought the resolution was just right. Oh, well.

John

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

I'm looking forward to reading The Good Marriage.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

John:

Spoiler:
    I thought he got off too easy. He never paid for what he received--not really, in a literary sense.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    John:

Spoiler:
    I thought he got off too easy. He never paid for what he received--not really, in a literary sense.
    Spoiler:
    But eternity is SUCH a long time!

John

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

grrrrrr, I want one!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So how does this rank with King's other recent works? How about the other two novella collections?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Because of it's dark themes, I don't think it will be as popular as his earlier novella collections. I think, though, that all the stories are VERY well written, so in that in that light, it's one of his best. Just my opinion, though.

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I like the sound of that actually. It's been a while since we've gotten something truly dark from King. And sounds like it will be literary dark, just like the title promises.

I so cannot wait

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I finished the last story in Full Dark, No Stars this morning. My grades:

1922: A-
    Big Driver: A
    A Fair Extension: A
    The Good Marriage: A+

One of King's better collections for sure. The stories are pretty dark, though, and may not appeal to everyone.

John
    Damn good grades those!, overall an A then. Did you enjoy the book overall as much Bev?.

I know it's neither nowt nor sumpthin bit Fair Extension is so short it's not really a novella is it, it's like Blockade Billy legth or shorter isn't it?.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Here you can read an excerpt of the last story in the book:

http://books.simonandschuster.com/Fu...view_pc_site=1
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I just did and now I
    Spoiler:
    want to know what she found in the garage.......

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I just did and now I
    Spoiler:
    want to know what she found in the garage.......
    Only about three months to wait!

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I finshed the book 4 days ago. INCREDIBLE STORIES!!! All are perfect, but not for everyone. I think the casual reader might not have a good impresion if they start reading King with this book.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I finshed the book 4 days ago. INCREDIBLE STORIES!!! All are perfect, but not for everyone. I think the casual reader might not have a good impresion if they start reading King with this book.
    Without spoiling anything, can you elaborate on what you mean by that?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

All the stories have very strong and tough "scenes", where the casual reader won't be indifferent when reading 'em.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ohhh, I'm excited to read it now! Sounds like they're all very dark. Ari, would you say that that's the case? And are they "scary", per se?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Scary isn't the word exactly. Even when there are some parts that are scary (specially in the first story), but they're all dark stories.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good deal.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast