welcome to the first book review of 2010 for the dt.com book club

Hopefully most of you will have finished this by now, just in case i have placed spoilers warning in the title.

1. what are your thoughts on Catch 22, is it genius or trying too hard?

2. what did you all think of the style of the book?

3. what did you think of the characters, were you sympathetic to their plight?

I am sure there are more questions, theories out there and i shall leave you all to discuss in more details

for me;
My thoughts on this book ranged wildly while reading it, and i must say that it was one of the hardest books i have read for a long time. Initially, on reading Letti and Jean say how much they loved this book, i did wonder if something had maybe been lost in translation? I still however, believe the book was trying to hard to be a cult book.

The style of writing in the book was extremely confusing, however the more i read, i suppose the more i understood why it was written in this whirlwind style. The whole book, characters and their situations was as confusing to them as it was too me.

For the whole book to be written in that riddling style made it very difficult to feel sympathy for any of the characters. Also - possibley a more important point, none of the characters (to me) where particularly likable. The whole greed, power and corruption made most if not all the characters quite detestable.

I also found there were too many characters, and i ended up going back quite a few times, because i was unsure which character was which?