Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's The Stand Comics - All Series Discussion

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fathers Face View Post
    Good the movie sucked hopefully the comic ( sorry the Graphic Novel ) will do a better job.
    'Comic' is accurate on a per issue basis. (I noticed they use the term 'Graphic Novels' for each of the Heroes comics online, which isn't correct. It's as if people are worried it'll be associated with kids stuff maybe.) The arc collections would be GNs certainly.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ewwwwww!

It's perfect!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

John F. Kennedy LiveTransmission is on a distinguished road LiveTransmission's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very Cool!

I also picked up the preview sketchbook at the store a couple of weeks ago and I'm very excited.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

MORE!!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I love the stand... I am very excited about seeing it in comic book form...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hee hee! Sounds like that guy could do with a throat lozenge.

Gunslinger Apprentice bluelph24 is on a distinguished road bluelph24's Avatar

Do any of you suppose that this series will have extras in the back of the comics similar to the DT comics? Cause if there arn't extras, i'll just wait for the hardcovers or TPBs. The only reason i don't do that for the DT ones is all the goodies in each issue

So it goes.

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all. "
    - Oscar Wilde

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

[off topic]

bluelph24 - your pennywise banner kicks major ass!!!!!!!

[/off topic]

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Marvel's The Stand: Captain Trips #3

THE STAND: CAPTAIN TRIPS #3

In Stores Now!!

Written by ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA

Penciled by MIKE PERKINS

Cover by LEE BERMEJO

Variant Cover by MIKE PERKINS

Sketch Variant by LEE BERMEJO

Ever-evolving and ever-deadly, the superflu "Captain Trips" continues to spread across the country, affecting even such far-flung lost souls as Larry Underwood in New York and Frannie Goldsmith in Maine. As rumors about chemical warfare and bubonic plague start seeping into the media, the actions of the American government begin to devolve, legal systems local and global start to break down, and two reckless outlaws--Lloyd Henreid and Poke Freeman--decide to take advantage of the situation, cutting a path of destruction through the American southwest. It's murder and mayhem, Stephen King-style, in the third chapter of this epic struggle between good and evil!

Click Here to Join the Discussion

Click Here to View the Discussion for Captain Trips #2
    Stephen King's horror epic continues in this issue as the unseen killer, the super-flu Captain Trips, spreads across the entire country, a tide of disease and death. Meanwhile, in Atlanta, in the Center for Disease Control, the US government has taken a keen interest in Stuart Redman, who seems to be the only person immune to the Captain Trips infection. They are determined to find out why--with or without Stu's cooperation. And what do the recurring nightmares Stu's been having--about a dark man with red eyes standing in a cornfield--mean? Plus: Frannie Goldsmith and her father! Larry Underwood in New York!
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

ooooo super neat. thanks for the post.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Meh, I've never cared for these type of trailers...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice. Great art.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bluelph24 View Post
    Do any of you suppose that this series will have extras in the back of the comics similar to the DT comics? Cause if there arn't extras, i'll just wait for the hardcovers or TPBs. The only reason i don't do that for the DT ones is all the goodies in each issue
    Yeah. Think I might do the same. I don't know if there are extras or not, but I imagine there'll be a review on Liljas's site. If extras are mentioned there, then I might go the individual issue route although I'm undecided yet whether or not to go for this at all yet. Part of me would rather just stick with the novel.

Gorgeous art is a bit of an arm twister though.

Gunslinger Apprentice bluelph24 is on a distinguished road bluelph24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelph24 View Post
    Yeah. Think I might do the same. I don't know if there are extras or not, but I imagine there'll be a review on Liljas's site. If extras are mentioned there, then I might go the individual issue route although I'm undecided yet whether or not to go for this at all yet. Part of me would rather just stick with the novel.

Gorgeous art is a bit of an arm twister though.
    yeah. When i go to pick up treachery 1 (cause Stand 1 and Treachery 1 come out on the same day) i'll check out the stand, leaf through it and see if there are any goodies. I'll certainly post here if there are.

So it goes.

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all. "
    - Oscar Wilde

Country
    Country Flag

A couple more pages from Captain Trips issue 1 here.

John F. Kennedy Hornet of Death is on a distinguished road Hornet of Death's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man, a Stand comic book? Awesome.

That happens when you got noone to talk about King and the Tower for over a year.

It's good to be back at such a community.

I want this comic.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Marvel's The Stand website

http://www.marvel.com/comics/The_Stand

Not much here that we haven't seen already, but there's an article called "The Flagg Chronicles" and a wallpaper showing a certain lovable R.F.

I like how they call Flagg Stephen King's Doctor Doom. Given King's current stance on the character, you'd think that they'd say he was Stephen King's Mole Man.

My Collection

bangoskank1

Default THE STAND - Issue #1

There may a thread started on this but I didn't find it so I'll start one in case....It's out....I love it...any thoughts????Discuss...

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, there is one. I'll merge it for you.

Mine's in the mail so I'll have to wait to give my opinion.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Jeez, more variants! I guess I'll have to get them too!

John
    Me too, but this time I'm gonna wait until the crazy flurry dies down. I bought my first 3 for WAAAAY more than they're worth now, because I got caught up in the craziness of the beginning.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

The guy at Comic Galaxy roped me in to buying this-something I worried about once I started reading The Gunslinger Born, to be honest-but I ended up enjoying it, notwithstanding the lack of connection to Stephen King.

Now it looks like I'll have to spend an extra eight dollars every month.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post

did you order yours online somewhere? I'm wondering if I should just wait till the hardcover eventually comes out, because every place I've seen it for is for more money that I'd like to spend when you add in the shipping. However, I don't know if I can wait that long.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got it the day after it came out. It was really good, although i must amit i was a bit disapointed that it basily just showed what happend in the begining of the movie and that Flagg wasn't in it yet. I look forward to the next instalment[s] though.

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post

did you order yours online somewhere? I'm wondering if I should just wait till the hardcover eventually comes out, because every place I've seen it for is for more money that I'd like to spend when you add in the shipping. However, I don't know if I can wait that long.
    Thank you for giving me yet another chance to whore out my online comic guy:

www.g-mart.com

Duck is AWESOME. You can set up an advance order and he'll just charge and ship as they come. He bags and boards them all and I have NEVER had a single problem with him.

Also, when I first found him, he saw I was ordering the first series individually and offered to set me up a subscription. The customer service is A++++

I usually get the hardcover from Amazon. If you preorder it's pretty cheap. And, the Overlook has had slip covers for the sets so far - apparently they have one for The Stand as well, but he has no artwork as yet, so I'm holding out on that. He ships slow as hell, though. Just FYI.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast