Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's The Stand Comics - All Series Discussion

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those pictures are pretty close to how I imagined them, especially Frannie.

I wasn't all that keen on her in the book mind you, but seeing her physically (sort of) shows her in a whole new light somehow. That mischievous smirk maybe.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

will start my hunt soon, I think...
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the portrayal of Frannie a lot. Molly Ringwald nearly ruined her for me, but this actually looks like the girl I pictured when reading the book.

Everytime I watch the mini-series all I can think is "Fuck if I would risk my life for Molly Ringwald." A girl would need to be 90% less annoying and at least twice as hot.

I am really looking forward to this series. Marvel is beginning to take too much of my money.
    Heng Dai

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Fran in the above sketches too. THAT is how I always imagined her, not Miss Molly
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have mine on advance order.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Am definitely going to be getting this series. The Stand is one of my favorite King stories.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Stand is also one of my top favorites (actually, I think it is THE top favorite of mine) and that's where my problem lies.

When I read a book, it's as if I'm watching a movie in my head. I have my own ideas on what the characters look like and how they act.

With movies, and now graphic novels, I am not seeing MY characters, but someone else's interpretation of them. Sometimes this is good--The Green Mile comes to mind--but other times there's a definite disconnect.

Again, this is me. I don't EVER mean to be critical of the productions. They just seldom match what I see in my own head.

John

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    When I read a book, it's as if I'm watching a movie in my head. I have my own ideas on what the characters look like and how they act.
    This is how it is for me too. I prefer it that way too.

However, I am a little more accepting of other's interpretations in "visual" formats.

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blackrose22 View Post
    Shit I've still to get all the Gunslinger Born comics and now this is coming out. Going to have to hit Forbidden Planet in Dublin shorty and get them the ones I'm missing.
    Your better off getting them in Sub City as Forbidden Planet is a rip-off and Sub City has old variant covers too.

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the tip Micheal but where is Sub City as I've never heard of it before?

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know the name of the street but if you come on to Grafton st from the Trinity College side and take the first right it's at the end on the left just before you hit Georges st.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The sketch book is available today. My comic store threw it in free with my purchase of the latest Long Road Home installment,

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the sketch book was meant to be free. It is an advert to entice people to buy the series. Just like the DT sketch book.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yeah, it's free. The dealer at the new shop I found today said "Here, take three."

The Mike Perkins variant covers for the first five issues will interconnect to form a panorama of the major characters: Flagg, (Stu, Fran and Harold), Larry, Trashcan Man and (Nick & Tom), which is a neat idea.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish there was a comic store close to me so I could get a copy of the sketchbook. The closest one is a hour and a half away.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm about 3 and a half from the closest one to me.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You're about a bazillion miles from EVERYTHING.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got my copy. It's great!

John

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Yeah, it's free. The dealer at the new shop I found today said "Here, take three."
    Now I am mad. The comic book store I went to did not mention it and I did not see it displayed either.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I asked about it specifically after not seeing it on display

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Picked it up today. Love the artwork!

Matt, let me know if you need one.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

There are NONE in my comic shop...rage

Gunslinger Apprentice inertia1215 is on a distinguished road inertia1215's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

got mine with my set of Long Road Home....its beautiful!

Artwork is incredible and can't wait to get my hands on this one, Marvel is doing a great job so far, I don't mind giving them a bunch of my money!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had one sent to me with the Almanac! I didn't ask for it, I didn't even know it was available free in the UK, so I was nicely surprised.

As I've read The Stand I'm in 2 minds about getting the comics... but this has strongly pulled me into the PRO camp.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

This looks pretty freakin' cool...

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast