Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's The Stand Comics - All Series Discussion

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I'm sure I missed it somewhere, but when is this coming out?
    September 10th, 2008.

The Marvel September preview also lists two variants, a 'sketch variant', and a 'Perkins variant'.
    http://marvel.com/catalog/?date=2008-09

I'm really looking forward to September.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Jeez, more variants! I guess I'll have to get them too!

John

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is going to be super-cool. Thanks for posting this Cyber!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I'm sure I missed it somewhere, but when is this coming out?
    September 10th, 2008.

The Marvel September preview also lists two variants, a 'sketch variant', and a 'Perkins variant'.
    http://marvel.com/catalog/?date=2008-09

I'm really looking forward to September.
    Awesome. Thanks!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Traveler iprimate858 will become famous soon enough iprimate858's Avatar

What else has Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa written?

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He did a great run in Sensational Spider-Man. He's also written for the HBO show Big Love. I'd say that the comic is in good hands.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

There are supposed to be about 30 issues in total.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Aside from the Dark Tower, The Stand is my favorite King book and was my very first collectible.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roughly speaking the average number of material covered in each issue will likely be 38 pages (of the actual novel), and the amount of book material covered in the respective arcs will be 228 pages.

Of course, I'm getting these new numbers by dividing the Mass Market Paperback edition (which is 1141 pages long) with five and thirty, respectively, but I think its a decent estimate. Of course, I'm willing to bet some events in the book will be given more time than others, so that should be counted in.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

bangoskank1

check it out on Liljas Library.com

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not a big comic fan but I would like to acquire the Dark Tower comics and The Stand Comics. They sound like they are going to be great

Eyes Like Silver Dollars Tvmorbid is on a distinguished road Tvmorbid's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I find it interesting that Marvel are adapting The Stand, especially due to the large copnnections is has to The Dark Tower. I wonder if they're doing this series to introduce people to Flagg so they introduce him into the Dark Tower series? There's a lot of empty spaces in the main story where Flagg was off doing other stuff, might be interesting to cover that in a series

BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I actually thought he might be doing the Stand stuff in the time period he was away in the Dark Tower books. Can't tell for sure of course but it fits in well with...
    Spoiler:
    his appearance in the emerald palace in Wizard and Glass. He could have returned there after the events of course, but I kinda got the impression the events are going on in that world at that moment.

It doesn't entirely fit with his amnesia in the Stand mind, but I've a theory that's a slightly different trips world to the one in WAG and a slightly different Flagg (i.e. events happen are similar but without the amnesia, if that makes sense.)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like Marvel is doing a Sketchbook preview of The Stand. According to the auction, it's due out July 3.

The Stand Sketchbook

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Same day as the Almanac.

Here's an interview with the artist

Gunslinger Apprentice natehorning is on a distinguished road

So is The Long Road Home issue 5 out July 2nd, the almanac July 3rd and The Stand sketchbook July 3rd? I have to drive to the next city over to get them and want to consolidate my trips down as far as possible. Stupid gas prices.

Nate

I would think everything is out on the same day, as most shipments to comic shops take place once weekly.

This page says the almanac is in stores on July 2nd.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably head to my comics store on the 3rd, just to make sure that I get everything in one trip. It's not really that far for me, but... I doubt that the store would get a delivery on a Saturday (the 5th).

John

Country
    Country Flag

My Collection

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oooohhhhh, nice!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Damn, those are great.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! I'm impressed. That series is going to be a good one I think.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I trust the Marvel site to get the Almanac date right...the 2nd of July

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Those are some great-looking sketches...I especially like Larry Underwood.
    The artists will do a good job with the rest, from what they've shown so far.
    Come on September!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast