Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's The Stand Comics - All Series Discussion

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Yes, that's the "regular" version. Honestly, I haven't been able to find any information on how many of each were printed anyways, so I have no idea how scarce/not-scarce the "variant" cover is.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Stand: American Nightmares #5 (of 5)

THE STAND: AMERICAN NIGHTMARES #5 (of 5)
    Written by ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA
    Penciled by MIKE PERKINS
    Cover by LEE BERMEJO
    Variant Cover by MIKE PERKINS
    Sketch Variant Cover by LEE BERMEJO
    It's the Fourth of July, the first holiday post-plague, but none of the survivors are celebrating. While Nick Andros hovers between life and death--and between the influence of Randall Flagg and Mother Abigail--Larry Underwood makes a shocking discovery in his tent... And Stu Redmond's path intersects with Harold and Frannie's, but immediately a conflict (that will have enormous
    ramifications for all our players) immediately erupts among the three. The second mini-series adapting Stephen King's horror epic ends here, True Believers, setting stage for Volume Three: "SOUL SURVIVORS."
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Gay

Awesome cover !

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ditto!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Stand: American Nightmares #3

Has anyone else noticed that "American Nightmares" is not on the cover of the color variant for American Nightmares #3? "The Stand" is prominent, but not the other.

John

My Mood
    Gay

John, honestly, until you pointed it out, I hadn't noticed - but you're right. Here's the linkage to what Marvel has - all graphic writing removed to just leave the amazing Perkins variant artwork.

I will update the King Comic Catalog when I get a good shot of the actual cover with writing.

ETA: Here's the published comic with the limited words, as John pointed out.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The Stand Graphic Novel Finally Comes to Bookstores

Marvel Comics and Random House’s Doubleday Broadway Publishing Group have reached an agreement to allow The Stand: Captain Trips, the hardcover graphic novel adaptation of Stephen King’s The Stand, to be distributed in the general bookstore market beginning in January 2010. The book was originally released exclusively through comics shops, also known as the direct market, in March after Marvel acknowledged that it did not have permission from the prose book’s original publisher, Doubleday, now a part of Random House, to distribute it to the general bookstores.

While Marvel has declined to go into the details of its agreement to publish a comics version of The Stand, in an interview earlier in the year with PW Comics Week, Ruwan Jayatilleke, Marvel senior v-p, strategic-development & acquisition, and David Gabriel, Marvel senior v-p, sales & circulation, acknowledged the distribution restrictions on Marvel’s license to publish the work. At the time the two outlined elaborate plans to publish the book exclusively through comics shops. Marvel titles are distributed to the book trade by Diamond Book Distributors.

My Mood
    Gay

Cool.

Thanks so much, Bev!

I'm guessing, that exclusive to comic stores thing failed miserably and sales were way down. My shop sold only copies to me and one other person ( I had them pre-order me one of each cover so I'd be sure to get both ). That's really not a resounding success.

And... there just aren't that many comic shops anymore. Not compared with retail bookstores.

Now comes the question... Does this mean another cover?!?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably another three. Barnes and Noble, Amazon, and Borders.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Gay

Daggers!!!

Don't be giving them any ideas!!!!

Do you have any idea how many copies of Long Road Home I have?!?!?

There was "retail", and "amazon", and "borders" and "b&n"... yeah, they saw me coming!!!

I suspect a new cover, but hopefully, just the one.

( do you hear me, Marvel Comics!?!? One !!! )

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, if you keep buying them all you're only encouraging their behavior.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    You know, if you keep buying them all you're only encouraging their behavior.
    OMG !! This explains so much !!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad I could provide a little insight for you.

My Mood
    Gay

Daggers, I need you to live in my head, but only for, like, a week.

( sadly, I feel I need to disclose that I have a copy of every cover, of each hardcover, DT and Stand ... maybe even more than one of the Bermejo LRH, cause it's my favorite )

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You're going to have to slow down or you're going to need an extra room just for your comic books. (said by a woman who has a room for her books LOL)

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    You're going to have to slow down or you're going to need an extra room just for your comic books. (said by a woman who has a room for her books LOL)

Me, too !!!
    My "den" is now my mini-library... full of bookcases, and comics!
    What is this 'slow down' thing? Never heard of it. Not once. Never.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Marvel has now adopted what they are calling the "Pam policy"- All Marvel comics/graphic novels will have different exclusive covers for each store they are sold in...not each chain, each store.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Marvel has now adopted what they are calling the "Pam policy"- All Marvel comics/graphic novels will have different exclusive covers for each store they are sold in...not each chain, each store.
    I have suspected this all along !

( And what's sad is that part of me thinks that would be really cool! )

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, yeah...everyone in the company is growing rich off you Pam. I bought stock and used my say as a shareholder to convince them to do more covers... I told them never mind new comics...they only need to do one a year with ALOT of covers. They have promised their janitor that he can retire as a millionaire when he's 30...he is now 29.

My Mood
    Gay

I'm just trying to be there for the many underpaid cover artists out there.

I'm a humanitarian, what can I say.

( oh, and all kidding aside, MVL stock especially with all the movies in the pipeline )

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am sure. My stock portfolio consists only of stock given to me by the evil bastards I work for.

My Mood
    Gay

I have no portfolio, but if I did... MVL would be in it.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose it's horrible that I'd LOVE for my stock to do badly just to know the company was failing. Yes, I really do hate them that much.

My Mood
    Gay

FYI : I searched all over Marvel's website for some announcement and they don't have anything there. Honestly, their website really kind of stinks as far as getting good information from.

I'm glad Bev was playing attention.

Who knows when Marvel might decide to let the fans know.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast