Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's The Stand Comics - All Series Discussion

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Cool beans.

I swear, the local comic shop I go to, they pocket all their promo stuff and then sell it on eBay.... I wish a had a great local comic shop!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My guy GIVES them to me--multiple copies usually!

John

My Mood
    Gay

You're very lucky.

I'm in a weird spot, kind of small town, and the comic shop... not very customer focused, unfortunately. They tend to run out of things real frequently, like boards and bags and boxes - things which should be staples in a comic shop.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't even have a comic shop.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

Well, Brice, since my local shop is so ( sorry to say ) stinky, I buy most my comics online.

I would LOVE to support a good local shop - I used to go to my local New England Comics back when I lived in Massachusetts - but right now, my local shop just doesn't seem worthy of it.

One of my favorite things to do is just going into comic shops and looking around, that whole "comic shop" feel and what not.

If my local shop would change it's habits some, they'd be a much better shop and have a lot more customers. ( ie - give out those promos they get for free to customers, have supplies in stock, offer to order up that graphic novel, etc ).

But... I do like to feel that my loyalty is appreciated, that they are customer focused ( which, IMHO, is the only way a good comic shop can survive ) and my local place... no way I can say that about them. It makes me sad.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a great place here like that, Pam, and they recently shut down. Now I still have three other places that I can go, but that shop was the most customer-focused and they were all just a cool group of guys. The two main ones that I go to--one near home, one near work--are actually part of a chain of comic book stores in the Denver area. They are "okay", but that's as far as I'll go. The availability of certain titles is erratic, though they do always have bags, boards, and boxes. But they also put too great a value on some of their offerings. I remember wanting to buy a sketch variant of Gunslinger Born #2 from them a while back and they had priced it at $250.00. Now I don't care if it is a CGC grade of 10; that's way too much. I ended up getting it on eBay the next week for $45 or so.
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Gay

See ! That is just crazy. $250! That's rediculous and just taking advantage of a customer.

Don't these people realize that if they treat their customers right, then the customer becomes loyal and it's a win-win situation?!?

I know a customer focus'd shop is hard to run, but I've been in enough of them that I know it's possible. None of them are anywhere near me now, however.

I am going to see what my local guy says when I ask about the Stand hardcover, both the regular and the variant.... my prediction is that it will be something along the lines of "Oh, we weren't planning on carrying that".... rather than the should be "I'll be happy to special order a copy of both for you".

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

When I asked my guy about the hardcover, he asked me how many of each I wanted! (I also buy for one of our overseas members and he knows this.)

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You can download issue #1 & the Sketchbook from the SKMB...

Marvel has announced that The Stand: Captain Trips Premiere Hardcover will be available exclusively at comic shops and TalesOfWonder.com. The highly anticipated collection includes all five issues of the first arc.

To celebrate, Marvel is offering visitors of StephenKing.com a complimentary digital version of the complete first issue. This download also includes the Captain Trips Sketch Book. - A must have file for The Stand's constant readers.

http://www.stephenking.com/index.html

On that ominous tract Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome link!

I downloaded the first issue. Love the art.

I have the Dark Tower grapic novels that are out, and I like them, no complaints really, but the art doesn't really do anything for me. I don't hate the art, but I don't love it either.

I love the art in the Stand comic. Feels real, looks tight.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That download is an awful pdf file though right?, cbr files are faster, easier to use, and are read through viewers designed for comics not documents like adobe is.

So seeing as Marvel has been generous enough to offer the first issue online I hope it's okay for me to offer up the cbr file of the same issue, just go to the following link and hit download. It's worth the effort, it's far better quality in every area (especially the quality of the colors and full screen viewing).

http://www.mediafire.com/?joywtolrjrm

You will also need a viewer, follow the next link for a program called cdisplay, when installed double click the comics file The Stand - Captain Trips 01 (2008) .cbr and open with the cdisplay program. See how it looks then it's worth right clicking and playing around with the configure settings to get it perfect for you monitor, height & width, mouse scrolling options, view one page at two on screen etc. I make it sound a lot harder than it actually is.

http://ifile.it/3gaj1q9

Hopefully Marvel will do the same with some Dark Tower issues then I can semi-legitimately post those in cbr form.

My Mood
    Gay

Captain Trip HC is now out!
    Available at your local comics store ( or online comics store ).
    Two Versions - Regular ( Lee Bermejo Cover ) and Variant ( Mike Perkins Cover )

My Mood
    Gay

Default American Nightmares # 1

The STAND:
    AMERICAN NIGHTMARES # 1

FIRST PRINTING

COVER BY: MIKE PERKINS

ART: MIKE PERKINS
    WRITER: ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA
    PENCILS: MIKE PERKINS
    INKS: MIKE PERKINS
    COLORED BY: LAURA MARTIN
    LETTERED BY: CHRIS ELIOPOULOS
    CREATIVE DIRECTOR & EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: STEPHEN KING

THE STORY:
    The second arc begins! The deadly super flu Captain Trips has devastated the country and now the few survivors must pick up the pieces and go on. Larry Underwood seeks escape from New York City. Lloyd contemplates an extremely unsavory dinner option in jail, and Stu Redman makes a desperate bid for freedom from his interrogators. Most ominous of all, the stange being called Randall Flagg continues his dread journey across the devastated landscape of America. You must not miss it!

CARDSTOCK COVER/Parental Advisory

ORIGINAL PRICE: 3.99
    IN STORES: March 11, 2009

Copyright : Marvel Entertainment, Inc.
    Copyright : Stephen King
    This comic series is produced under license from The Doubleday Broadway Publishing Group and Stephen King. All Rights Reserved.

My Mood
    Gay

Hey All - I was doing some looking around at Marvel and they list 4 issues for this one.

THE STAND: AMERICAN NIGHTMARES #1
    THE STAND: AMERICAN NIGHTMARES #1 BERMEJO VARIANT
    THE STAND: AMERICAN NIGHTMARES #1 LINCOLN TUNNEL VARIANT ( previously announced as Midnight Variant )
    THE STAND: AMERICAN NIGHTMARES #1 SKETCH VARIANT

I will update the checklist accordingly.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice picture, but I find all those 'dramatic' poses amusing. It's like "Hey look at us! We're doing the robot!" (Ok comic actions tend to be exaggerated to make the point, but even so...)

My Mood
    Gay

Ha!
    I hadn't noticed that, but for sure, that's exactly how it looks.
    That, or they were playing 1-2-3-RedLight !

Traveler Shayde is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

My favourite King novel outside of the Dark Tower series, in comic form. I have only one thing to say - I want.

Looks like it's time to hit the comic stores around here...

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read this over the weekend, and it appears to still be going strong. The art is good and the story has flowed just right so far.
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got my copies of this. They look great!

John

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered a copy from tales of wonder - came in two days ago

Teriffic - it cost less than the cover price and they threw in a Capt trips #4 Variant Copy!

Ge i don't even know which cover I got - Guess I better check! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Gay

Just got a notice that mine have shipped. I ordered two variant covers!

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got mine yesterday.

Life is a garden...dig it!

John F. Kennedy Nedmonds is on a distinguished road

Ordered mine today also ordered the long road home.

I read the first few pages online and captian trips artwork looks amazing..

On sale at forbidden planet if anyone cares lol

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike Perkins is doing an original sketch of Flagg for our giveaway
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Gay

Hey Nedmonds - which cover did you get? The regular Bermejo, or the Perkins variant?

I wonder how hard/easy it is to find both?

( i got one of each )

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast