Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's The Stand Comics - All Series Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice inertia1215 is on a distinguished road inertia1215's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Heather, if you want I'll pick up a copy for you. You'll just have to pay for the book and postage to your house from Waxhaw, NC.
    haha, Waxhaw?? I'm in Charlotte! Not too far at all!

I'll probably pre-order one with my comic subscriptions, I get a discount, so it'll work out to $17.45, I can handle that!!
    In a book,in a box,high upon a shelf
    In a locked a guarded vault
    Are things I keep only for myself
    Its your fate,but its not your fault

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm about 15 minutes south of Waxhaw, but it's the last PO I pass on the way home.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Remember there are two cover versions, folks. A Bermejo and a Perkins. The Perkins is a wraparound and is considered the "variant" cover. I assume the price is going to be the same.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Pam, do you happen to have pictures of the two hardcovers available? I'd like to see what I'll be looking for!

John

My Mood
    Gay

John - From what I've read :

Standard will use the issue 1 cover ( bermejo ) :

Variant Wraparound will be a Perkins :

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Pam. I'll alert my comics store guy to be on the watch for these!

John

My Mood
    Gay

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Then there's the email I got from Overlook about the Limited Edition (Not sold in stores!) preordering. Also a deal if you buy both versions with the Overlook slipcases. Heather, I'm sure you can get one from their website - full price, tho.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Gay

I got that email too, Gretchen and thought it was a little deceiving. The books will be available in comics book stores, just not other kinds of book stores.

My Mood
    Gay

Variant Cover and Back. Perkins wraparound. Very cool.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Where is Amazon.com when you need them?

I hate to have to pay full price for them. Oh well at least there are only two different kind this time.

My Mood
    Gay

Yup, just the two covers.

Overlook Connection has a discount if you check with Lilja's Library. I think it's 10% off.

If you go to your local comic book shop - ask them if they will discount the book if you pre-order. That might do it.

Along the Path of the Beam jcf817 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Question: Any idea of the ratio of regular to limited editions?

My Mood
    Gay

I haven't seen anything official, indicating one to the other, no.

However, if you pre-order, you're likely gauranteed one of each. Most comic shops take pre-orders.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure I'll buy both versions.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good looking out turtlex. Many thanks. Just pre-ordered mine from Overlook. You're right they have a deal for both covers the reg and variant

Thanks Again

My Mood
    Gay

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Then there's the email I got from Overlook about the Limited Edition (Not sold in stores!) ...
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I got that email too, Gretchen and thought it was a little deceiving. The books will be available in comics book stores, just not other kinds of book stores.
    I checked out the Overlook website today saw that the link to the hardcover on their website says, "NOT Sold in Stores." Upon clicking the link, there is no clarification. They chose to let the statement stand (no pun intended).

They're not referring to the slipcase option either, as the link leads to all the 'book only' orders as well.

Personally I consider this bold statement not simply "a little deceiving", but an outright lie. Very disappointing from an established business like Overlook.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Traveler Dave Hinchberger is on a distinguished road

Default Stand Listing Clarification

Hi to everyone. I usually don't have time to read posts much less respond to them. I wish I had the luxury. Thanks to many of you I'm very busy with the store. and I appreciate your support. I've received a few e-mails from customers that support us and were surprised to see some comments in this thread and wanted me to know about it. First and foremost there is no deception intended in this information about The Stand books. Our distributor informed us that the Variant Stand is a "limited" and that both books would not be available in book stores. Many of our customers don't frequent comic stores or know where to find one. Most King readers purchase their books from book stores and I wanted to make it clear that we could supply copies of each. The important thing to remember is that comics and comic "books" are limited to what we order in advance. This is the comic industry standard. Yes they will produce more than ordered, but they have also informed us that the "limited" variant will have a lower print run. So whether you purchase from us or another source, I do advise that you pick up on a copy early to guarantee you receive one. If you ever have any questions about a listing at our store, I am happy to answer or clarify any of our listings. You can reach me at overlookcn@aol.com - All my best, Dave Hinchberger, Owner Overlook Connection Bookstore and Press

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hinchberger View Post
    Hi to everyone. I usually don't have time to read posts much less respond to them. I wish I had the luxury. Thanks to many of you I'm very busy with the store. and I appreciate your support. I've received a few e-mails from customers that support us and were surprised to see some comments in this thread and wanted me to know about it. First and foremost there is no deception intended in this information about The Stand books. Our distributor informed us that the Variant Stand is a "limited" and that both books would not be available in book stores. Many of our customers don't frequent comic stores or know where to find one. Most King readers purchase their books from book stores and I wanted to make it clear that we could supply copies of each. The important thing to remember is that comics and comic "books" are limited to what we order in advance. This is the comic industry standard. Yes they will produce more than ordered, but they have also informed us that the "limited" variant will have a lower print run. So whether you purchase from us or another source, I do advise that you pick up on a copy early to guarantee you receive one. If you ever have any questions about a listing at our store, I am happy to answer or clarify any of our listings. You can reach me at overlookcn@aol.com - All my best, Dave Hinchberger, Owner Overlook Connection Bookstore and Press

Well said Overlook!!

And again Thanks out to Turtle for the heads up!! If not for him/her I might have missed this til too late!!!

You Da Man!!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to see you Dave, thanks for throwing that out there.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Gay

Dave - Thanks for coming over and posting! I truly appreciate you taking the time.

As I'm sure you understand, we just wanted to make sure that everyone knew where the books were going to be released and where they could get them.

This being said - as Dave knows - He already has my order so I am gauranteed one of each!

Merlin - We're all about sharing the comic book love, so come on over and read and post often!

ETA : Dave has offered us a 10% discount on the Stand Hardcover books over at his site. Please see this thread for details : http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=7111

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received these:

John

My Mood
    Gay

John -

Is that a promo postcard?

Nice ~!~

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Not really a postcard, but I call it a bookmark. There's no room on it for postage, etc.

John

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast