Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's The Stand Comics - All Series Discussion

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Marvel's The Stand Comics - All Series Discussion

King announced today in an interview on NPR that Marvel will do 'The Stand' as a series of graphic novels.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, now that could be cool. Did he say who the artist would be, by any chance?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No. He just mentioned it in the interview, almost a slip.
    I will post the link to the interview as soon as it is uploaded. Should be around 6PM EDT today.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Thanks Jerome. I'm really liking this relationship King and Marvel has. I was hoping for Eyes of the Dragon too..
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, thanks Jerome. I'm at work and couldn't listen to the live broadcast.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eyes of the Dragon would be awesome in graphic novel form!
    Hmm, I wonder how many "issues" a Stand version would be. That's a long damned book.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I bet it goes on for a while, which I would love.

I remember he said a brief thing about this in Lilja's interview too right?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Samanthita is on a distinguished road

This is pretty cool. The more I think about it, that book would probably be one of the best to be turned into a graphic novel.
    I wonder how long it will take.

Traveler 1ofthe19 is on a distinguished road

I just learned how to pronounce Roland's last name!!!!

Mr.King said: Des-jain
    I was saying: Dec-esh-en

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its pronounced in the audio version as des-chain. I loved the way he said it though, different than other ways I've heard it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing news! I can't wait to see The Stand in a different format!

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

This woiuld be awesome

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Suh-Weet. Wonder who'll do the art.

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

This would be fantastic!!!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

it was funny, king said it so randomly that i was just like "did he just say what i think he said" and then he said it again quickly. i think this is a great idea for a graphic novelization. the stand has always been my fav non DT book and i can't wait to see this. i'd also love to see a graphic Talisman/Black House [maybe as a leadup to the alleged Jack Sawyer Book Three]

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to be honest and say I'd rather see new material by King rather than adaptations of existing ones. I'll probably still check out The Stand, though.

As for Eyes, if they were to do it, I would hope that they jump on the opportunity to continue it and finish up where it left off.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

And I've been pronouncing it "D'shain"

Ah well..
    This isn't another April Fool's joke though is it? I'm SO EXCITED FOR THE STAND!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I've been pronouncing it "D'shain"
    Considering the posh sound of the other names that would be fitting. In my mind it was either Deh-shane or Deh-shine, but that's obviously similar. Deschain looks kind of French doesn't it? Like 'Dufresne' (pronounced Doo-frane, not Doo-frez-nee, like I assumed when I first saw it, duncebreed that I am.)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope, I did that too, Brainslinger. You're not alone.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully it will be a better adaptation than the Gunslinger Born was.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to wait for it Hate being British...
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to The Stand being made into a comic. yay!!!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'm British, but I still pick up the Dark Tower comics shortly after they come out. There are plenty to be picked up on ebay (although obviously there are postage costs that you wouldn't get just grabbing it from the shop.) I'd imagine it would be the same for this.

I'm not sure I'll bother grabbing the Stand comics though having the novel. I'm mainly interested in The Dark Tower comics for the new material (which we got plenty of, even in Gunslinger Born.)

That being said I imagine it would be some interesting artwork. It'd be interesting to see that first image of the dark man walking down the dusty road in his cowboy boots...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Be a non-english native language person...
    Officially you'll have to wait a lot to read it... or buying the english version as well...

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast