Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Marvel's The Stand Comics - All Series Discussion

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been too cold here for me to get to my comics store the past few days. I'll probably go this weekend, though.

John

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got a copy off of Ebay but won't get it until this weekend.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I got mine on Wednesday. It's no better or worse than anything from before... meaning, it's great. Seriously, that is how you do a comic adaptation of a book. Artwork has stayed consistent throught the series as well.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Is there another arc for The Stand series?

I was wondering if there will be another arc after No Man's Land for The Stand series? There is only one more issue left of No Man's Land and I don't think that will be enough to finish the story of The Stand.

Spoiler:
    The last issue looks like it ends with Mother Abiligal picking the group of men to walk to Las Vegas. the story still has a lot of ground to cover, like when the group ends up in Las Vegas, the nuke exploding, and Stu and Tom's traveling back to boulder in the winter.

I think that The Stand series needs another five issue arc.

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

i think they need to leave it the fuck alone. it drives me absolutely insane when authors destroy their shit, turn it into caricatures, just to gain capital off the popularity of CHARACTERS, who don't, haven't, and never will exist. it's about time both authors AND readers recognized the fact that it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to tell the complete and unadulterated story of EVERYTHING, unless your everything is so elementary that a newborn wouldn't find the pages worthy of pissing on.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Adumbros View Post
    i think they need to leave it the fuck alone. it drives me absolutely insane when authors destroy their shit, turn it into caricatures, just to gain capital off the popularity of CHARACTERS, who don't, haven't, and never will exist. it's about time both authors AND readers recognized the fact that it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to tell the complete and unadulterated story of EVERYTHING, unless your everything is so elementary that a newborn wouldn't find the pages worthy of pissing on.
    Umm I think you are missing the point entirely. all I asked if there will be another arc after "No Man's Land" Since I am reading the book "The Stand" I want the comic to tell the story the whole way through in a decent way. I don't want them to cram the story into one last issue of "No Mans Land"
    this has absolutely nothing to do with "authors turning their work into caricatures" blah, blah blah. What is the point of having "The Stand" as a comic if it does not finish the entire story of the book.

I don't want the comic to tell about everything. the events I mentioned are key to the ending and proper telling of "The Stand." I just want the story of the comic to equal the story in the book.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's another arc called "The Night Has Come" coming. Here's the first cover.

Spoiler:
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

I didn't miss the point at all. there never was a need for the comic. it was nothing but a way to cash in on the previous success of a storyline that was put to rest over thirty years ago.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Stand - The night has come (Starting in August)

The Stand - The night has come
    (Sixth series)

(Click to enlarge)

It's all been building to this, True believers: The ultimate conflict between Good and Evil. The three spies sent by the Free Zone to infiltrate Flagg's ranks have crossed over to the west, but have they underestimated the dark man's power? And the loyalty of those who follow him? Blood will be shed as the final chapter of Stephen King's masterpiece of apocalyptic horror begins!

Publisher: Marvel
    Language: English
    Release: Number #1 will hit stores on August 10th, 2011.
    Price: $3.99
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. New series in August. I've just created the new thread.

Thanks for the info, CyberGhostFace!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

Excellent, thanks for posting this...
    Collecting these Stephen King comics are so addictive!
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the monster. (
    Spoiler:
    I assume it's a 'Flagg goes bitey' moment. Doesn't look much like how I imagined, but it's an interesting image. Kind of like a cross between a man and a Dune sandworm...
    )

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    There's another arc called "The Night Has Come" coming. Here's the first cover.

Spoiler:

Looks totally scary!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

Default The Stand: No Man's Land (issue #5)

Picking up a copy of "The Stand: No Man's Land (issue #5)" next Wednesday 6/8/11.
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

There's like three or four more arcs coming...I'd say 15-20 issues left, or a little less than two years.

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Night Has Come is the last one

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't miss the point at all. there never was a need for the comic. it was nothing but a way to cash in on the previous success of a storyline that was put to rest over thirty years ago.
    I think the idea, at least from Mr. Kings perspective, is to reach a broader audience for the material and maybe provide some visual Acuity. IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

There wasn't a "need" for The Stand book in the first place...there wasn't a "need" for the 'Uncut' edition to be published 20 years ago...there wasn't a "need" for you to get out of bed this morning.

It's entertainment. Choose to be entertained, or choose to be a scold.

Quote Originally Posted by nocny View Post
    The Night Has Come is the last one
    Huh, you're right...I though 'No Man's Land' was the halfway point, not 'Soul Survivors.'

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cover artwork for number 2:

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Well, this is it. One more issue and it's all over.

There was a cool Rich Bachman cameo in the second last issue. I'd post the image but I'm not sure if that's copyright violation.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17