Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's The Stand Comics - All Series Discussion

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    It's refreshing to finally get the images of Gary Sinise and Molly Ringwald out of my head for Stu & Frannie.

Totally.

I didn't mind the actor for Larry though. *shrugs*
    As for his depiction in the comics...yeah, pretty damn good, though I thought he might have longer hair. *shrugs again*

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let's bump this ol' thang right on up.
    Heng Dai

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just read this issue. They're doing a great job.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've kept away from them for the time being. Partly, due to finance, partly cos I've got the book. I also figured I could always get the GN if I changed my mind.

I'm still sorely tempted though, the art look amazing.

Just out of interest though, how are the extras shaping up? I get the impression it's mostly sketches, that sort of thing.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Damnit, mine's probably going to show up while I'm in Vegas. I'll have to wait to read it. GRRRR.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    ... Just out of interest though, how are the extras shaping up? I get the impression it's mostly sketches, that sort of thing.
    Not much in the way of extras, a few sketches, an interview or two. But the everything about this presentation of the story itself is worth the cover price.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What Patrick said. The artwork is amazing.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stoked... I loved the first comic!!!!!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Preview images:

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

This was a pretty good issue. I thought it did a good job advancing the storylines and as always the artwork is very cool.

Country
    Country Flag

Does it compare well with the book?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think so. It's doing a pretty good job of telling a huge story in comic format. And the artwork is really good.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Marvel's The Stand: American Nightmares # 4

The STAND:
    AMERICAN NIGHTMARES # 4

FIRST PRINTING

COVER BY: LEE BERMEJO

ART: MIKE PERKINS
    WRITER: ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA
    PENCILS: MIKE PERKINS
    INKS: MIKE PERKINS
    COLORED BY: LAURA MARTIN
    LETTERED BY: CHRIS ELIOPOULOS
    CREATIVE DIRECTOR & EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: STEPHEN KING

THE STORY:
    The penultimate chapter of the second volume based on Stephen King's horror epic! The survivors of the Captain Trips plague have started to team-up. Stu Redman and Glen Bateman trade origin stories--and horror stories about their mutual nightmares--while Randall Flagg sets out to recruit his first soldier in the ultimate battle between Good and Evil: Lloyd Henreid. But will the starving madman accept the dark man's offer? And either way, will he or his soul survive?

CARDSTOCK COVER/Parental Advisory

ORIGINAL PRICE: 3.99
    IN STORES: July 8, 2009

Comic Content
    • Comic Story
    • Color Commentary Essay ( on digital coloring of comics )
    • Mike Perkins Black and White Line Art for Variant Cover
    • The Stand Issue 5 Preview

Copyright : Marvel Entertainment, Inc.
    Copyright : Stephen King
    This comic series is produced under license from The Doubleday Broadway Publishing Group and Stephen King. All Rights Reserved.

Interior Artwork As It Appears In –
    The STAND: AMERICAN NIGHTMARES

Issue 4

Copyright : Marvel Entertainment, Inc.
    Copyright : Stephen King
    All Rights Reserved.
    Last edited by turtlex; 07-28-2009 at 05:20 AM.
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, I like the cover art!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Lee's covers are just so fantastically detailed and just so.... YEAH!

It's like those jeans, you can feel the material !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Why is it coming out Jan. 2nd?

I thought it was supposed to come out last Wednesday?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe everyone is taking a holiday break?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

According to Lilja's site (www.liljas-library.com) it's due December 17.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm...the date I got (Jan. 2nd) was from Marvel.Com. Same with Treachery #4 coming out Dec. 24th.

EDIT: I just double-checked on Marvel's site and it will, indeed, be released on January 2nd. Lilja must have some bad info.
    Heng Dai

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Correction noted. Thanks very much!

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Marvel's The Stand: American Nightmares #1 (of 5)

THE STAND: AMERICAN NIGHTMARES #1 (of 5)

Written by ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA

Art & Cover by MIKE PERKINS

Variant Cover by LEE BERMEJO

Sketch Variant Cover by MIKE PERKINS

The second arc begins! The deadly super flu Captain Trips has devastated the country and now the few survivors must pick up the pieces and go on. Larry Underwood seeks escape from New York City. Lloyd contemplates an extremely unsavory dinner option in jail, and Stu Redman makes a desperate bid for freedom from his interrogators. Most ominous of all, the stange being called Randall Flagg continues his dread journey across the devastated landscape of America. You must not miss it!
    32 PGS./Cardstock Cover/Parental Advisory…$3.99

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

My comic guy better be sending Sai King a "thank you" card for all the purchases I'm making
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Stand: Captain Trips #5

THE STAND: CAPTAIN TRIPS #5

In Stores Jan. 28th!!

Written by ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA

Penciled by MIKE PERKINS

Cover by LEE BERMEJO

Variant Cover by MIKE PERKINS

The violently contagious superflu Captain Trips has now encompassed the entire country in its deadly embrace and there’s no turning back. America is rapidly becoming a country of the sick...the dead...the damned. Against that ever-darkening backdrop, Randall Flagg, the Walking Dude, the Dark Man, at long last saunters into this, the climactic chapter of the first volume of Marvel's acclaimed adaptation of Stephen King's horror classic. Abandon hope all ye who enter here...
    Heng Dai

Country
    Country Flag

I had to delete the original and restart this thread due to formatting issues. The image and info was provided by CyberGhostFace.
    Heng Dai

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOVE that cover!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast