PDA

View Full Version : Favorite SK story moments. (spoilers)

mikeC
12-04-2009, 09:34 AM
NIGHT FLIER:

I was listening to the Night Flier last night and I thought about how great the scene where the vampire is revealed by his blood pee was. I loved that! Steve writes so many classic moments that are so visual and brilliant that you never forget them.

This might be a hard thread for those that haven't read everything to not have stories spoiled for them.
Maybe it would be better to start each comment by writing what story it is on top?

Anyone like to share their favorites?

flaggwalkstheline
12-04-2009, 09:37 AM
My favorite moment in an novel by Sai King
And possibly by any writer in general
is in needful things when Nettie and Wilma have their epic battle in the street armed with a big knife and a meatcleaver
It's like some kind of horrifiyingly funny wild west housewife showdown:cowboy::shoot::unsure:

LadyHitchhiker
12-06-2009, 04:43 AM
In Dreamcatcher
when Mr Grey is in the restaurant and he tastes bacon for the first time. I laughed out loud.

candy
12-06-2009, 04:52 AM
oh gawd there are so many, i will have a think and get back to you

alinda
12-06-2009, 06:24 AM
I remember Wireman so often in so many little ways.
It's funny ya know that this characture has maybe
even influenced decisions in my life...crazy huh?
"maybe si, maybe no" :wtf:

mdarkpoet
12-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Hmmm in Desperation when Marinville has any of his scenes, the man just radiates cool :cool:

ESPECIALLY when at the end and he...

sacrifices his life and says the best line ever "God forgive me, I HATE CRITICS" I'd have to say Tak was officially owned

stone, rose, unfound door
12-11-2009, 04:20 PM
When Ben decides to lose weight in IT. This moved me and even influenced me. :blush:

Sam
12-11-2009, 05:37 PM
When Jake recites the Gunslinger's Litany for the Calla folken and shows his proficiency with the gun. That scene brought goosebumps up all over.

velcro_fly
12-12-2009, 10:44 PM
When Jake recites the Gunslinger's Litany for the Calla folken and shows his proficiency with the gun. That scene brought goosebumps up all over.

That was a great scene. As well as when the Ka Tet is introducing themselves to the people
of Calla, and Oy stands, speaks and bows to them. I loved it. :)