PDA

View Full Version : Donations Please!

Matt
11-27-2009, 10:19 PM
I stopped being shy about asking for donations to our fundraiser somewhere in 2008. :lol:

I am really hoping anyone in this community that has a little extra money or a collectible will donate to our fund raiser this year.

Donating will be easy as always for those of you who are gracious enough to send money, I will post a thread with information on how to do it.

For those of you who like to send books, please do so as much as you can. We are going to have a slightly different structure this year to make sure we can maximize our donation as much as possible.

Please remember donated books need to be collectible. The do not have to be Stephen King and I will basically auction anything that would be considered a collectible.

Please contact me if you would like to get involved. As always, I will be contacting everyone I know in the King world and asking for something, we already have some great prizes put together.

And as we all know by Ari's recent pride and joy, this site really knows how to put together a grand prize. This year will be amazing.

Thanks to everyone who has been or will get involved with this amazing cause.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
11-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Fire up the auctions, I'm ready to bid!

Daghain
11-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Are you going to put up the PayPal link again, Matt?

Matt
11-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Sure am, all of that will appear right after the first. The bigger these things get, the more advanced preparation I have to do.

Daghain
11-29-2009, 10:03 AM
:thumbsup:

turtlex
11-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Hey Matt - Just a suggestion here... what if people donating books kept the books and then shipped them out themselves. Basically, with shipping them to you, then you shipping them out - we're kind of doubling up on postage...

... just a suggestion.

candy
11-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Hey Matt - Just a suggestion here... what if people donating books kept the books and then shipped them out themselves. Basically, with shipping them to you, then you shipping them out - we're kind of doubling up on postage...

... just a suggestion.

not just a pretty face:couple:

Matt
11-29-2009, 10:03 PM

... just a suggestion.

I let that happen when anyone requests it. Main concern when we began is that people would pledge a book for donation and then not send it after it was auctioned. Because of that, my policy was to have it in hand before I put it on the block.

We haven't had too much problem with it so I am open to allowing it much more this year.

Hannah
11-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Well, we can always refund the money if that person doesn't send the book/item, I suppose.

Matt
11-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Yep, and it really hasn't been any kind of problem. I think I had one instance where someone didn't follow through so it could be policy this year easily.

Darkthoughts
11-30-2009, 03:14 AM
I'm good with that for the donation I discussed with you, Matt. I was going to ship to you after Friday when I get paid, so let me know if you want me to keep hold of it :)

Matt
11-30-2009, 05:44 AM
Sounds great Lisa, I am fine either way. If you don't mind waiting, that works for me.

The only thing I would ask from those who are donating and sending for me, please PM me a good image for auctions or giveaway. :grouphug:

Matt
12-15-2009, 07:33 AM
I do need those images you guys. I am having the donations sent from the originator to the winner directly across the board this year.

Thank you to everyone who has donated items so far but we need more. If you have anything laying around that could be considered collectible, please consider donating it to our fundraiser this year. :grouphug: