PDA

View Full Version : King Books/Items Wanted

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

biomieg
03-21-2011, 11:44 AM
I am looking for the aftermarket traycase for the 'SALEM'S LOT gift edition and the Uelsmann photos... anyone wants to part with theirs?

namelessnpoor
03-21-2011, 01:11 PM
I am looking for the aftermarket traycase for the 'SALEM'S LOT gift edition and the Uelsmann photos... anyone wants to part with theirs?

I think Betts has a book in traycase with prints for sale right now. Maybe you culd work out a deal to trade yor book and some cash for the set he has for sale?
Just a thought

biomieg
03-21-2011, 01:29 PM
I may try that... my book is still shrinkwrapped and in as new condition.

ELazansky
03-21-2011, 04:22 PM
When I got my copy, I looked everywhere for the traycase with no luck. I had Dolso make me a slipcase, and I'm happy with it. I also had to take the wrap off - have to enjoy my books!

Fsmdr
03-21-2011, 04:34 PM
When I got my copy, I looked everywhere for the traycase with no luck. I had Dolso make me a slipcase, and I'm happy with it. I also had to take the wrap off - have to enjoy my books!

When you get a chance, could you show us the slipcase from Dolso?. I would love to see it.

ELazansky
03-21-2011, 04:44 PM

When you get a chance, could you show us the slipcase from Dolso?. I would love to see it.

Here's a few quick pics:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/701/medium/SL1.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/701/medium/SL2.jpg

Merlin1958
03-21-2011, 05:24 PM

Here's a few quick pics:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/701/medium/SL1.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/701/medium/SL2.jpg

COOL!!!!!! I have the very first of that case!!! I helped him a little with the design!!!! It's a beautiful case for that oversized edition. If you take some measurements he could probably build in a space to store the Folio pics.

Tip: I put felt feet on my cases from him so as to not scratch the shelves!!!!

Fsmdr
03-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Wow!. It looks great!. Is that wood that is stained glossy black?. Thanks for posting the picture.

Merlin1958
03-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Wow!. It looks great!. Is that wood that is stained glossy black?. Thanks for posting the picture.

Yes, its made of wood with a black laquer paint. Perfect for that book. It also has a felt lining you can choose the color of. Mine has Red Felt.

biomieg
03-21-2011, 10:30 PM
The set at Betts is gone already. Re: the shrinkwrap - I will remove it once I know for sure that I'm not trading the book (I got it last week).

wizardsrainbow
03-22-2011, 04:01 AM
Yep it's claimed. Sorry. I thought $300 was a great deal for the book, case and a set of prints

biomieg
03-22-2011, 04:34 AM
That's okay! It was a great price. I will just have to keep searching/waiting.

ELazansky
03-22-2011, 05:56 AM
I am looking for a UK S/L Wizard & Glass - if anyone has one they would like to sell for a reasonable price, please let me know.

harrison ryan
03-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Hello, everyone. I've been browsing these threads for a while tonight. I'm loving it. The members here have some truly daunting collections. As for myself, a lowly bookstore employee, I don't have the capital to fund a taste for signed, limited editions, but I do love the Bachman paperback originals. So I thought I'd sign up and shout a question into the void, and listen for echoes. I know this is probably a fairly run-of-the mill request, but I thought I'd ask about the current supply for the one Bachman I've yet to obtain, the rarest and priciest of the lot--you guessed it: Rage. I'm looking for a US, but Canadians are nice as well. Don't like the cover art on the NEL version, though. Anyone have a copy they're willing to part with? PM me if you do, I'll be busy perusing the many threads and checking out your collections...
Thanks!

UPDATE: Got one! Thanks jhanic and Stockerlone! I think I'm addicted to the forum now.

Cook
03-26-2011, 03:06 AM
You should probably try David at Betts.
Hard to get a hold of sometimes... ...he's got a pretty hectic life I'm sure.
Anyway, I'm sure he can help you.

jhanic
03-26-2011, 04:20 AM
Welcome, Harrison! One of our German members, Stockerlone, has had a copy of the US Rage on eBay for a while:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RAGE-Richard-Bachman-Stephen-King-US-FIRST-/110663503046?pt=Belletristik&hash=item19c40f0cc6

This is, although a bit pricey, the only one I've seen in a while.

John

harrison ryan
03-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys. Very helpful. We'll see...

wizardsrainbow
03-26-2011, 06:17 PM
You should probably try David at Betts.
Hard to get a hold of sometimes... ...he's got a pretty hectic life I'm sure.
Anyway, I'm sure he can help you.

I am on the lookout myself for Rage + other Bachman titles...harder to find these days

biomieg
03-28-2011, 11:10 AM
A member here once posted a picture of his signed copy of THE BREATHING METHOD. I think it was for sale. I would like to get it if the price is right (and if it's still for sale of course) but I can't remember who it was!!

wizardsrainbow
03-31-2011, 09:28 AM
Looking for a US S/L Under the Dome with cards and belly band for $250ish. PM me or email me at Betts.

WeDealInLead
03-31-2011, 09:49 AM
Looking for The Drawing of the Three S/L.

colling
03-31-2011, 02:44 PM
Looking for LSOE s/l#629 if anyone comes across it.

Also have a spare s/l wolves (#475) for sale if there are any takers.

best wishes
Martin

George at C-Springs
03-31-2011, 03:17 PM
There's a couple of the Drawing of the Three S/Ls on ABE's right now, priced between $900 & $2200 ... the $2200 one is #96. Pricey.

tippy4
03-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Looking for The Drawing of the Three S/L.

Take a look at my recent post in the classifieds section

WeDealInLead
04-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the responses.

I must be spoiled because the most expensive Dark Tower S/L I have was $400 so I can't really justify any of those prices.

Ricky
04-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Still (desperately) looking for a 1st fine copy of The Talisman. Anyone?

tippy4
04-01-2011, 07:29 PM

I must be spoiled because the most expensive Dark Tower S/L I have was $400 so I can't really justify any of those prices.

Yeah, but you can't really compare DT23 to DT567 for prices.

Just like DT1 is in a class by itself.

Room 217 Caretaker
04-02-2011, 03:19 AM

Yeah, but you can't really compare DT23 to DT567 for prices.

Just like DT1 is in a class by itself.

Rick is correct. A DT S/L with a number below 500 (giving the opportunity to have a completed matching # set), out weighs a DT S/L with number above 500.

I understand not everyone is into the matching number deal but history shows; value goes up when the books are tied together as a set.

Mulleins

WeDealInLead
04-02-2011, 04:43 AM
I know. I paid $350 for DT3 from a member here so I'm willing to wait. Deals are there if one is patient.

Room 217 Caretaker
04-02-2011, 05:38 AM
I know. I paid $350 for DT3 from a member here so I'm willing to wait. Deals are there if one is patient.

Oh sure...patient is key. I let 5, 6, & 7 S/L go to a member here at exact publish price. All over 500 # though. If you don't want matching, you can get a set for lower investment. Beware though, when you finally add Gunslinger S/L, it will call out to you to find the matching numbers :)

tippy4
04-02-2011, 10:04 AM
I think the going price for a DT2 is $800 to $1000 and $350 to $500 for a DT3.

I am asking the high end on mine because they are numbered below 501, and because the both have the same number.

I know matching #s are not your thing, so I can understand you not wanting to pay the "low / matching # premium".

I find it unlikely that you will find a DT2 below $700 (unless there are issues with the condition).

thegreattim
04-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Haven't had a chance to be around the forums recently, but I find myself in the market for a signed Bag of Bones that I will be giving as a gift. Please PM me (with price) if you are willing to sell either the first Scribner trade or the Hodder limited. Willing to pay fair market value, but would prefer to buy from you guys here over a random online bookseller.

Also, a premium may be paid for *any* signed King with a personalization to the name "Jeff". Long shot, I know, but worth putting out there.

tippy4
04-02-2011, 11:03 AM
I have one inscribed To Roxanne.

Any interest?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-02-2011, 11:20 AM
I find it unlikely that you will find a DT2 below $700 (unless there are issues with the condition).

Totally agree. For some reason DT2 is the hardest to find.

tippy4
04-02-2011, 11:32 AM

Well that is because it has the second lowest print run of all of the Dark Tower books.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-02-2011, 11:36 AM

Well that is because it has the second lowest print run of all of the Dark Tower books.

It seems harder to get than DT1 which has a lower print run. Check out the numbers for sale on ABE etc to see what I mean. Lots of DT1, but hardly any DT2.

harrison ryan
04-03-2011, 09:03 PM
I think I've been bitten by the collecting bug.
I'm looking for first trades of DT2-4, and a second printing of The Gunslinger. I'm not too fond of ebay, really. It's impersonal, and the accountability is not always what it should be. I am a little picky about condition, but it's not a dealbreaker either, if the price is right. I plan on reading the entire series through once more--it will be the first time for 1-4 in hardcover form! Thought I'd throw this out there and see what the true DT fans have to part with at the moment...pm's and pictures if you have anything that might suit. Thanks in advance!

Ric
04-04-2011, 04:39 AM
I'm looking for first trades of DT2-4, and a second printing of The Gunslinger. I'm not too fond of ebay, really. It's impersonal, and the accountability is not always what it should be. I am a little picky about condition, but it's not a dealbreaker either, if the price is right. I plan on reading the entire series through once more--it will be the first time for 1-4 in hardcover form! Thought I'd throw this out there and see what the true DT fans have to part with at the moment...pm's and pictures if you have anything that might suit. Thanks in advance!

You can still get a first trade of DT II directly from Grant I believe.

jhanic
04-04-2011, 06:01 AM

The only ones that Grant has available are those signed by the artist, Phil Hale.

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-2.html

John

Ric
04-04-2011, 06:41 AM

The only ones that Grant has available are those signed by the artist, Phil Hale.

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-2.html

John

True, but still a good price! And brand new direct from the publisher to boot.

WeDealInLead
04-04-2011, 07:21 AM
You can also get first 3 hardcovers from Betts for $160. DT I is 3rd printing (different artwork), DT II is 2nd printing (different artwork), DT III is 1st printing. The price is worth it for alternate artwork alone IMO and the books come in a still sealed slipcase.

harrison ryan
04-04-2011, 04:09 PM
You can also get first 3 hardcovers from Betts for $160. DT I is 3rd printing (different artwork), DT II is 2nd printing (different artwork), DT III is 1st printing. The price is worth it for alternate artwork alone IMO and the books come in a still sealed slipcase.

Interesting, but I kind of want to hold out for firsts, with the exception of DT1. Personally, I'm not so fond of the re-worked covers.

Shannon
04-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Interesting, but I kind of want to hold out for firsts, with the exception of DT1. Personally, I'm not so fond of the re-worked covers.

Yay! And that's why we're internet friends! Firsts all the way babay! :)

Shannon

demorgan
04-12-2011, 11:43 PM
still looking for a signed IT....i may be in the market soon for a s/l of the stand.

namelessnpoor
04-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Anyone have an extra black folder version of the Insomnia portfolio they care to part with for some cash !!!! Let me know.

Randall Flagg
04-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Anyone have an extra black folder version of the Insomnia portfolio they care to part with for some cash !!!! Let me know.
Use this link and submit your request to Glimmer Graphics. GG is the publisher of the the Insomnia portfolio.

LINK (http://www.glimmergraphicsprints.com/Contact.html)

namelessnpoor
04-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Use this link and submit your request to Glimmer Graphics. GG is the publisher of the the Insomnia portfolio.

LINK (http://www.glimmergraphicsprints.com/Contact.html)

I tried that, Todd is a great guy and i purchased a few things from him, but he will not sell anymore of the Insomnia portfolios he has. Says he only has a few and wishes to hold on to them at this time. That was as of a couple weeks ago.

Randall Flagg
04-14-2011, 03:17 PM
David from Betts has (to my knowledge) both versions.

namelessnpoor
04-15-2011, 07:18 AM
David from Betts has (to my knowledge) both versions.

I will check with him on that, thanks !

namelessnpoor
04-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Anyone have an extra 2nd edition Gunslinger jacket they care to sell. Picked up a copy of the book and the book its self is more or less unread and in fantastic shape, the jacket onthe other hand is not good at all, not sure how such a bad jacket ended up on such a great book !! But would like to add a great jacket to a great book if someone is willing to sell !!!! I know some of you out there have a few of them laying around !!

Randall Flagg
04-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Anyone have an extra 2nd edition Gunslinger jacket they care to sell. Picked up a copy of the book and the book its self is more or less unread and in fantastic shape, the jacket onthe other hand is not good at all, not sure how such a bad jacket ended up on such a great book !! But would like to add a great jacket to a great book if someone is willing to sell !!!! I know some of you out there have a few of them laying around !!
I have one extra of the 2nd edition (Fine condition) and three of the 1st-NF condition.:thumbsup: Make a serious offer.

herbertwest
04-16-2011, 02:44 AM
Hey guys, i need an advice, cause i have found an item that i want... but it's not that simple.

Couple of months ago (already? time flies!) i have seen an offer on a website about a set of magazines from let's say 76-80, with 20 magazines. I am looking for a specific issue of 76.
Therefore i show my interest to the seller but say that i need to know what issue she have from 76...
She is slow to answer, especially since she apparently doesnt have herself the magazines but had put the offer for her dad's magazines... after about a month i managed to know which issue she have (of 76)... and there is the one i am looking for!
That was two weeks ago. I reply saying that ok, i will buy the whole set as planned... please let me know the shipping cost etc.

No reply since.
What do you recommend me to do?
Even if she replies and tell me to send a check and etc... i dont really know if i should trust her : she's slow to reply, and i wouldnt be suprised if i never recieve the magazines..
On the other hand, it's the issue i am looking for, a reasonable price (let's say about 50€, and i would happily pay more than this for the single issue)...
also, if i can get the whole set, i am convinced a shop would buy me the other issues and that i could maybe even make a margin out of it...

i think that i have her phone number somewhere in my phone...

batsker
04-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Hey guys, i need an advice, cause i have found an item that i want... but it's not that simple.

Couple of months ago (already? time flies!) i have seen an offer on a website about a set of magazines from let's say 76-80, with 20 magazines. I am looking for a specific issue of 76.
Therefore i show my interest to the seller but say that i need to know what issue she have from 76...
She is slow to answer, especially since she apparently doesnt have herself the magazines but had put the offer for her dad's magazines... after about a month i managed to know which issue she have (of 76)... and there is the one i am looking for!
That was two weeks ago. I reply saying that ok, i will buy the whole set as planned... please let me know the shipping cost etc.

No reply since.
What do you recommend me to do?
Even if she replies and tell me to send a check and etc... i dont really know if i should trust her : she's slow to reply, and i wouldnt be suprised if i never recieve the magazines..
On the other hand, it's the issue i am looking for, a reasonable price (let's say about 50€, and i would happily pay more than this for the single issue)...
also, if i can get the whole set, i am convinced a shop would buy me the other issues and that i could maybe even make a margin out of it...

i think that i have her phone number somewhere in my phone...

Exactly which issue are you looking for from '76? I am going through all my magazines to put a list up here, and I might have what you're looking for if it is Stephen King related.

Steve

herbertwest
04-16-2011, 07:02 PM
It's a french magazine that i am interested by.

biomieg
04-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Anyone have decent copy of this magazine for sale? It's the October, 1970 issue. There are a couple on ABE but the cheapest is $89 and I'm not sure if that's a good price...

http://pictures.abebooks.com/CWORLD/1247576980.jpg

I'm also looking for these issues:

Cavalier (February 1972)
Cavalier (April 1972)
Cavalier (September 1972)
Cavalier (December 1972)
Cavalier (March 1973)
Cavalier (March 1974)

jhanic
04-18-2011, 12:01 PM
That's probably the most expensive of the Cavalier issues. I paid $95 for mine a year ago, but it's in mint condition. The others are easier to find (though still fairly scarce). Check out Hutch's site:

http://www.marketworks.com/storefrontprofiles/deluxeSFshop.aspx?sid=1&sfid=30007&c=0&search_text=cavalier&submit=GO

His prices are a bit high, but his descriptions are right on.

John

biomieg
04-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Thanks, John! Would you believe that I had never used the search function on Hutch's store before? I didn't even know he had all those magazines on the site.

demorgan
04-18-2011, 03:14 PM
IF anyone is wanting to sell their signed/limited of THE STAND..msg me. If the price is right, then we can further discuss it. Thanks in advance.
PS..jumping to another topic..has anyone heard anything about when the next joe hill gunpowder(slavegirls) is going on sale..:)

Niels
04-19-2011, 04:38 AM
@Michael : Have a look at oldmags.com, the march '74 issue is available. $27.95 + $18.95 shipping. I've bought all my '72 and '73 copies there.

biomieg
04-19-2011, 04:43 AM
Dank je wel, Niels!! Goede tip!

olverts
04-19-2011, 11:33 AM
I´m looking for some US Proofs :

Full Dark, No Stars blue cover
Full Dark, No Stars blue cover with white tape spine
Under the Dome hardcover with "Proof" printed on the back of the dust jacket
Duma Key blue cover
Nightmares in the Sky white cover partial proof

Please send me a pm if you have any of these to sell or know someone who does :)

Thanks in advance

biomieg
04-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Good luck! Those are not the easiest ones to find.

olverts
04-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Yes i know

But i have to try somewhere :)

jhanic
04-19-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm also looking for the Full Dark proof with the white spine.

John

demorgan
04-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Im looking for a signed IT...and may be in the market for a signed/limited of THE STAND..so, if anyone needs to sell one..send me a PM. Thanks

Ric
04-21-2011, 04:11 PM
nevermind! :)

biomieg
04-24-2011, 05:33 AM
I'm looking to upgrade a bunch of my US and UK 1st trade editions to F/F condition (or in the case of the early Doubleday books, as close to fine as possible).

US The Shining
US The Stand
US Night Shift
US Cujo
US Christine
US Shawshank Redemption hardcover (I have two ex-library copies but'd like to have a 'true' copy)
US Pet Sematary
US Talisman
US Thinner
US Skeleton Crew
US Misery
US Tommyknockers gold-lettered variant
US Stand Uncut
US Bag of Bones
US Hearts in Atlantis

UK Dead Zone
UK Firestarter
UK Christine
UK Misery
UK Tommyknockers
UK Gerald's Game
UK Nightmares & Dreamscapes
UK Bag of Bones

The earliest US books are not my priority as the copies I have are pretty decent and better copies will not come cheap. The books most in need of an upgrade are my US THINNER and EOTD.

Also, I need a copy of this book (I don't have it yet so any copy will be an upgrade):

UK Breathing Method hardcover (preferably not an ex-library copy unless it's in really good shape)

Cook
04-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Biomieg,
US Shawshank Redemption hardcover?
Do you mean different seasons?

biomieg
04-24-2011, 08:57 AM
Nope, I mean this one:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_fcdqdPh-_A8/TTg-GaNrMxI/AAAAAAAAArM/z-VikEN6y74/s512/shawshank.JPG

Cook
04-24-2011, 09:00 AM
Biomieg,
Wonders never cease, I've never seen this book.
Thank you

biomieg
04-24-2011, 09:24 AM
It's pretty scarce to begin with, and much more so in a non-ex-library state. Apparently almost all copies went to libraries at the time. The same is true for the UK Breathing Method hardcover. This pic shows both of them (picture courtesy of Mr. Rabbit Trick, I hope you don't mind, Alan!):

http://www.akyle.f2s.com/images/breathing.jpg

willie3
04-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Seeing Jerome's PnJ inspired me to try again...

Looking for a copy of Bachman's The Long Walk.

PM with price and condition if available.

Thanks All.

Karl

Randall Flagg
04-24-2011, 09:54 AM
biomeg, I have several extra copies of books on your list, but shipping will probably cost as much as buying the books.

biomieg
04-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Jerome, I know. But compared to getting a single book at a time and paying shipping costs separately for every book, getting several books from a single seller and having them shipped in a single box is cheap (relatively speaking). Shipping costs are the bane of us foreign collectors.

Cook
04-24-2011, 10:11 AM
biomeg, I have several extra copies of books on your list, but shipping will probably cost as much as buying the books.

Dear RF,
Would you happen to have any S/L #79 of any king related items?
I apologize if I already asked you this?

tomi_cc16
04-29-2011, 12:32 PM
+++Done+++

tippy4
04-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Check my 03/28 post in the Collectable Classifieds thread.

I have a matching # DT2 and DT3 that I am selling.

tomi_cc16
04-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Check my 03/28 post in the Collectable Classifieds thread.

I have a matching # DT2 and DT3 that I am selling.

Please write me on my e-mail tomi_cc16@yahoo.de

killbourne
04-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Looking for a signed/limited of THE STAND that doesnt require a kidney donation.

George at C-Springs
05-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Good luck with that! It'll be bone marrow at the very least.

Ric
05-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Not sure if this appeals to anyone, but I have a U.S. ARC of Hearts in Atlantis that I'm not interested in. I'd like to trade it for something, but I'm not sure what. I'd like a copy of the UK limited slipcased Just After Sunset. I'd add cash to the ARC if anyone's willing to trade for that.

The ARC is in good condition, but not perfect. If I had to grade it, I'd say VG+ with no marks, stains or damage other than normal shelf wear.

I also have a Secretary of Dreams Vol II (no slipcase) that I'd be willing to trade as well.

Thanks

biomieg
05-02-2011, 06:56 AM
I remember that someone was looking for a F/F copy of THE TALISMAN. This one comes pretty close (it's not perfect but very nice): http://cgi.ebay.com/Straub-Peter-Stephen-King-TALISMAN-hc-dj-1st-FINE-/120666834488?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item1c184dc638

BIN price is $45 and there's a little over two hours left.

WeDealInLead
05-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Howdy

I'm looking for a few US firsts:

The Dead Zone
Firestarter
Misery
It
The Talisman
Skeleton Crew

+ Dan Simmons 'Carrion Comfort' S/L

I'd like to buy at least 2 from the same seller to save on shipping cost.

rand53119
05-14-2011, 04:28 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for the signed limited Under the Dome from Simon & Schuster and the signed limited Full Dark, No Stars from Cemetery Dance.
Thanks,
Doug

Tito_Villa
05-14-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm looking for a fine copy of 'Legends' i think that has 'The Litte Sisters of Eluria' !?

Shannon
05-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Yep it does. I have it listed as its first appearance.

A quick Ebay (MY Ebay, lol, yours didn't come up with much) search "Legends Stephen King" brought up quite a few for under $15.

Cook
05-14-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm looking for a fine copy of 'Legends' i think that has 'The Litte Sisters of Eluria' !?

I have a trade edition.. ..but it's signed by Terry Goodkind,
If your interested, I might be willing to trade.

Tito_Villa
05-15-2011, 04:03 AM
Thanks shannon but none of the nicer copies will ship to the UK

Alos Cook thats good of you to offer but i'm sure you will probably want more because it is signed and i just don't have any real interest in Goodkind so i will probably givbe it a miss

Ric
05-15-2011, 07:34 AM
If anyone has or knows the best place to get a UK Limited Just After Sunset, I'm in the market.

EDIT: Thanks to Tom (tito_villa) I have obtained a copy! Thanks!!

ELazansky
05-15-2011, 07:48 AM
[QUOTE=Ric;611602]If anyone has or knows the best place to get a UK Limited Just After Sunset, I'm in the market.

Ric,

Hatchards has it for 40 GBP - http://www.hatchards.co.uk/index.cfm?pageTitle=Special%20Editions&HAT=78302306811305475564207-05060004-552634&ts=05060004-558374

Ric
05-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Thanks Eric!

Shannon
05-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Tito,
Yeah, but I'M willing to ship it to you! :) Just tell me which one you want, my friend.

Dolso
05-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Hi,
I'm looking for the signed limited Under the Dome from Simon & Schuster and the signed limited Full Dark, No Stars from Cemetery Dance.
Thanks,
Doug

Hi Doug~

Another post or two & you'll be able to get the PM I sent to you...........I think that there is one for you in the 'visitor messages'

Dick

tippy4
05-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Hi,
Thanks,
Doug

Sent you an email earlier regarding the FDNS.

Ben Staad
05-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Tippy I sent you a PM...

tippy4
05-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Tippy I sent you a PM...

Just replied......

super sam
05-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Looking for Secretary of dreams vol.2 with number 47.

BigCoffinHunter
05-24-2011, 07:12 AM
Looking for a signed/limited of THE STAND that doesnt require a kidney donation.

Guess it depends on how much a kidney is going for nowadays ;)

I'm not sure what a really good price on one of these should be in today's market. I had a slightly flawed copy (some rubbing to the gilt page edges) that I sold to Betts for $1,350.00 a few years back so that I could upgrade to a pristine copy at $1,500.00 (quite a deal even then).

Ricky
05-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Still looking for a copy of the DTIII proof (Grant).

George at C-Springs
05-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Still looking for a copy of the DTIII proof (Grant).

They're pretty common. Betts has two right now:

sp51 Dark Tower: Waste Lands Proof from Grant - new in shrinkwrap (white cover) $125
Dark Tower III The Waste Lands ARC - Grant publication with white cover - Fine $125

One on Abe with the artist's proofs included, but price is insane: http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=25843576&searchurl=kn%3Dproof%26sts%3Dt%26tn%3Dthe%2Bwaste% 2Blands%26x%3D57%26y%3D11

None on eBay at the moment, but they show up fairly often.

Shannon
05-24-2011, 10:40 PM
lol while scrolling down to get to the newest message, I read things like this:

"Guess it depends on how much a kidney is going for nowadays"

"They're pretty common. Betts has two right now"

lol

Ricky
05-25-2011, 06:29 AM
They're pretty common. Betts has two right now:

sp51 Dark Tower: Waste Lands Proof from Grant - new in shrinkwrap (white cover) $125
Dark Tower III The Waste Lands ARC - Grant publication with white cover - Fine $125

None on eBay at the moment, but they show up fairly often.

I'm fairly sure the two at Bett's are the same copy, listed twice. I bought it a couple of months ago, but David didn't realize that it wasn't in the shrinkwrap and wasn't in fine condition, so I sent it back. The search continues...

Merlin1958
05-25-2011, 10:39 PM
I'd be interested in a DT III Proof at $125. PM me anyone, Buellar, Buellar, Buellar!!!!!

LOL

jhanic
05-26-2011, 03:33 AM
Do you mean the Grant proof or the Plume proof? (I don't have extras of either, but I think it should be clarified.)

John

Merlin1958
05-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Do you mean the Grant proof or the Plume proof? (I don't have extras of either, but I think it should be clarified.)

John

Sorry you are absolutely correct.

The Grant Proof was what I meant. I'd go as high as $160 if necessary. However, I defer to your expertise, John if my price point is far off.

jhanic
05-26-2011, 05:06 PM
I don't think you're that far off. You should be able to find one in that range if you're patient.

John

Ricky
05-27-2011, 06:21 AM
I've been looking for one for about a year now. Unfortunately, the best priced one I've been able to find is about $250.

biomieg
05-28-2011, 03:40 AM
I'm looking for nice copies of these books:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5164/5381062613_a9ef887cbc.jpg http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1231821892l/1597650.jpg

I know there are multiple copies listed on the ABE site but I thought I'd try here first So if you have spare copies or are looking to sell your own please send me a PM!

Ric
05-28-2011, 06:16 AM
Two of my favorite Arkham house titles! I hope you can find them Michaël.

Tito_Villa
05-28-2011, 07:16 AM
US 1st edition Night Shift

biomieg
05-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Two of my favorite Arkham house titles! I hope you can find them Michaël.

I really like the artwork on these books. They are fairly easy to find although the 'CTHULHU' book can be relatively expensive in fine condition!

shibus
05-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Just a little ink adds a bit too......

http://usera.ImageCave.com/shibus/talesctuhlu01.JPG

http://usera.ImageCave.com/shibus/talesnight01.JPG

biomieg
05-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Greg, you collection of signed books never ceases to amaze me.

shibus
05-28-2011, 09:50 AM
dank u Michael

carlosdetweiller
05-28-2011, 11:02 AM
And don't forget to get the proof to go along with your signed first edition.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/newtalescthulhu-1.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/newtalescthulhuproof-1.jpg

shibus
05-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Now that is sweet Bob, Do you know if many were done?

George at C-Springs
05-28-2011, 01:35 PM

Showoff :)

carlosdetweiller
05-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Now that is sweet Bob, Do you know if many were done?

I have no real idea other than that I have been told (by Lloyd Currey, I think) that all Arkham House proofs are pretty scarce.

carlosdetweiller
05-28-2011, 02:08 PM

Showoff :)

I know. Something just comes over me sometimes.

killbourne
05-30-2011, 03:04 PM
If someone wants to sell THE STAND s/l . I may be in the market for one soon.

Jimimck
05-30-2011, 03:12 PM

I've just started putting a small amount away each week, so will be in the market for one in about 2 years lol

Tito_Villa
06-01-2011, 01:16 AM
US 1st 'The Dead Zone' F/F

darkdiscoveries
06-01-2011, 10:20 AM

Killbourne - I've got a good friend who has a super nice copy of THE STAND signed/limited she got new that was only just opened the box up and lifted the cover carefully to look at the sig and number a time or two. I was helping her try and sell it along with a couple other things since she doesn't do the ebay thing (she used to have a store and is very trustworthy). She was asking $2500 or best offer and I believe she still has it. If you're interested drop me a line here or at: darkdiscoveries@msn.com

- James
http://darkdiscoveries.com

Randall Flagg
06-01-2011, 11:15 AM
$2.5K is IMO too high for even a Mint #'d The Stand S/l.

jhanic
06-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Looking at The Collector's site buying history for The Stand, it appears that there have been NO sales over $2000 for the past 10 months or so.

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/buy-uslimited/thestand-buy.html

John

Merlin1958
06-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Seems to me the last one I heard of being sold for like $1,250.00-1,400.00. I know they have come down in price substantially since the high point of like $3500-4,000 a few years ago.

Randall Flagg
06-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Seems to me the last one I heard of being sold for like $1,250.00-1,400.00. I know they have come down in price substantially since the high point of like $3500-4,000 a few years ago.
Even at its zenith, I don't recall a #'d ever going for $4K.

Merlin1958
06-01-2011, 01:42 PM

Maybe not, but Hutch still has one listed at $3,995.00 I think!!!!! I like to go look at it and drool from time to time!!!! LOL

iowabob
06-01-2011, 01:55 PM

Maybe not, but Hutch still has one listed at $3,995.00 I think!!!!! I like to go look at it and drool from time to time!!!! LOL
Don't hold me to it, but I'm pretty sure Hutch's copy is Lettered, not Numbered.

Merlin1958
06-01-2011, 05:23 PM

Don't hold me to it, but I'm pretty sure Hutch's copy is Lettered, not Numbered.

Ahhhhh yes that would make sense!!!! Doh!!!

jhanic
06-01-2011, 05:25 PM
It's lettered #ZZ.

http://www.marketworks.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=30007&c=0&i=125990506

John

Merlin1958
06-01-2011, 05:51 PM
It's lettered #ZZ.

http://www.marketworks.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=30007&c=0&i=125990506

John

OK, my bad. Shoulda known I was missing something. I still enjoy "visiting" it every once in a while!!!! LOL

Shannon
06-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Zenith. Good word. :)

Ricky
06-02-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm beginning to think the only way to get a DTIII proof is by stealing one. <_<

killbourne
06-06-2011, 08:20 PM
May still be in the market for a THE STAND S/L..with a upper limit of $1450. I do appreciate any and all help/msgs. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows how grateful I am about the helping hands that Ive come across here on the this site.

Jimimck
06-06-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm beginning to think the only way to get a DTIII proof is by stealing one. <_<

You set the job up, I'll drive the getaway car....

George at C-Springs
06-06-2011, 10:04 PM
May still be in the market for a THE STAND S/L..with a upper limit of $1450. I do appreciate any and all help/msgs. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows how grateful I am about the helping hands that Ive come across here on the this site.

Here's one for only $50 above your upper limit (what's another $50?) if you're the only bidder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-THE-STAND-signed-limited-edition-967-F-F-/130528267500?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item1e64174cec

Ricky
06-07-2011, 06:02 AM

You set the job up, I'll drive the getaway car....

Legend says that there's a certain basement in Texas...

:evil:

biomieg
06-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Be warned, Bob will make a lettered edition out of your skin and a few pieces of bone if he catches you in his basement..... it wouldn't be the first time!

(I wonder who this 'woman' was.... we haven't seen GSVEC for a long time, have we?)

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/womanlettered.jpg

Ricky
06-07-2011, 06:14 AM
At least I know I'll be worth a couple thousand dollars. :lol:

iowabob
06-07-2011, 06:52 AM
Be warned, Bob will make a lettered edition out of your skin and a few pieces of bone if he catches you in his basement..... it wouldn't be the first time!
I had the rare honor of visiting "the basement" many years ago. I left without any skin on my back, and missing the big toe from my right foot, but it was definitely worth the price of admission.

I do wonder though ... what book did he make with the parts he collected?

carlosdetweiller
06-07-2011, 08:27 AM

An ultra limited edition (one of one) of Kinsella's THE IOWA BASEBALL CONFEDERACY. I needed some authentic material from Iowa.

iowabob
06-07-2011, 08:33 AM

An ultra limited edition (one of one) of Kinsella's THE IOWA BASEBALL CONFEDERACY. I needed some authentic material from Iowa.

If you had any of the skin left over, please consider using it to cover a baseball. I'd be more than happy to autograph it for you to display next to the book.

Shannon
06-08-2011, 05:10 PM
I am very interested in purchasing a Mist promo snow globe. Any help/direction would be appreciated, thank you.

Shannon

Randall Flagg
06-08-2011, 07:16 PM
I have one, but I wouldn't sell it.

Jimimck
06-08-2011, 07:51 PM
I have one, but I wouldn't sell it.

But I'm gonna tell you about it anyway to make you jealous lol

Shannon
06-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Meanie.

George at C-Springs
06-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Feel the love.

Patrick
06-08-2011, 11:33 PM
I had three. But two of them now belong to other TDT members.

Randall Flagg
06-09-2011, 05:25 AM
I actually gave one away to a member for free.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-09-2011, 05:54 AM
RF. Your signature is sooooo cruel!

George at C-Springs
06-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Money can't buy you happiness Shannon ... or a Mist snow-globe, apparently.

Jimimck
06-09-2011, 01:28 PM
lol @

For Sale: The Mist Snow-Globe-Will Trade For S/L The Stand

Merlin1958
06-09-2011, 05:53 PM
lol @

Me too!!!!!!!! Makes an excellent page holder for pics though!!!!!!!

Merlin1958
06-09-2011, 05:57 PM
By the way, if anyone is looking for a Lettered (M) SOD Vol I I know where one can be had for an asking price of $1,800.00

Just FYI

Merlin1958
06-09-2011, 05:58 PM
lol @

Me too!!!!!!!! Makes an excellent page holder for pics though!!!!!!!

I could be talked into throwing in a H20 Globe that rains specs of blood!!!!!

LOL

Jimimck
06-09-2011, 06:19 PM
I could be talked into throwing in a H20 Globe that rains specs of blood!!!!!

As in the Hallowwen movie? Please post pics! I'd love to see it.
I love horror movies, and Halloween is in the top five series for me...

Patrick
06-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Move along, Shannon, nothing to see here. (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?2228-Stephen-King-promotional-items&p=134577&viewfull=1#post134577)

Shannon
06-10-2011, 10:21 AM
This damn snow globe is going to be my white whale, I can see it now.

ELazansky
06-10-2011, 11:10 AM
That and the Duma Key tennis ball....

jhanic
06-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Single:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_items/DumaKeyTennisBall.jpg

Multiple:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_items/DumaKeyTennisBalls3-pack.jpg

John

Shannon
06-10-2011, 11:49 AM
lol, my new girlfriend collects snow globes. For the first one I give her, I want it to be the Stephen King one. :)

If I can find one for myself in the process, then great.

jhanic
06-10-2011, 12:46 PM
I should add that the "snow" in The Mist globe are actually spiders!

John

Shannon
06-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Yeah, I saw a video of it, there's like three spiderflakes (lol) in it ... Not the best snowglobe out there, but because of my King collecting obsession, I think it would be a very special "from Shannon" gift.

Patrick
06-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Nice snowglobe photo, Shannon. :lol:

I never did get a Duma Key tennis ball. :(

Randall Flagg
06-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Nice snowglobe photo, Shannon. :lol:

I never did get a Duma Key tennis ball. :(
You should have asked. I have several (I will have to check out the storage locker).

Patrick
06-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Well, let me know what you find bouncing around in there! :excited:

jhanic
06-14-2011, 05:40 AM
Proofs I don’t have (yet!):

US Proofs
Salem’s Lot
Night Shift
The Shining
The Stand
Dark Tower I – Gunslinger (Plume orange)
Dolan’s Cadillac grey/brown cover
Four Past Midnight grey cover
Green Mile #6
Dark Tower VI – Song of Susannah with black tape spine
Full Dark, No Stars with white tape spine

UK Proofs
Night Shift
The Stand
Dark Tower I – Gunslinger (Sphere)
Different Seasons
Skeleton Crew full proof (if exists)
Four Past Midnight

There are probably some other UK ones that I don’t know of.

John

biomieg
06-14-2011, 06:21 AM
I remember seeing your collection thread for the first time when I joined the forum a couple of years ago and you mentioned then that there were at least five proof collections out there that were more complete than yours. Is that still the case, John? If the list above is all you still need (yes I know they're all very scarce), then: wow! You're getting awfully close to the finish line!

jhanic
06-14-2011, 06:50 AM
Yeah, I'm sure there are a number of more complete proof collections than what I have, but I think I'm in the top ten at least. It does get expensive now, though!

John

biomieg
06-14-2011, 07:02 AM
Do you have any of the ones you're still looking for on your radar right now?

jhanic
06-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Nope. They're all hiding from me at the present.

John

Pasiuk57
06-14-2011, 11:58 AM
John
You are in the Top 10 for sure...

Ari_Racing
06-14-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm looking for a copy of Twice the power.

Please PM me if you have one for sale :)

Shannon
06-14-2011, 06:55 PM
I have a 1st Edition 2nd State dustjacket for 'Salem's Lot on a book club edition book. I would like to remedy that. If anyone has a 'Salem's Lot First Edition BOOK in fine condition with no dustjacket, I would like to purchase it from you, thank you. :)

biomieg
06-15-2011, 02:31 AM
I have a 2nd printing (?) book (Q41 gutter code) in fine condition and a 1st printing book with writing in it. If I could somehow merge the two I would be happy to sell it to you Shannon!

jhanic
06-15-2011, 04:51 AM
I'm looking for a copy of Twice the power.

Please PM me if you have one for sale :)

http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/submitRare.cgi?author=stephen+king&title=twice+the+power&keyword=&isbn=&order=PRICE&ordering=DESC&binding=Any+Binding&min=&max=&exclude=&dispCurr=USD&timeout=20&store=Alibris&store=Abebooks&store=AbebooksDE&store=AbebooksFR&store=AbebooksUK&store=Amazon&store=AmazonUK&store=AmazonDE&store=AmazonFR&store=Antiqbook&store=Biblio&store=BiblioUK&store=Bibliophile&store=Bibliopoly&store=Booksandcollectibles&store=ILAB&store=Half&store=LivreRareBook&store=Powells&store=ZVAB

John

sgc1999
06-15-2011, 05:25 AM
Hi,
I have both if your interested. They are both unopened and in mint condition. UTD is still shrinkwrapped. Are you still interested?
Simon
sgc1999@gmail.com

Hi,
Thanks,
Doug

Ari_Racing
06-15-2011, 06:34 AM
Thanks John!

Do you think the one at $195 has a good price?

jhanic
06-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Yes!

John

Ric
06-15-2011, 06:13 PM
My Startling Mysteries #12 has decided that it is lonely and misses its #6 sibling, so...

I am in the market for a VG condition or better copy of Startling Mysteries #6

If you have one, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

TwistedNadine
06-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Im looking for a Startling Mystery Stories Vol 1 #6 fall 1967 (with The Glass Floor) at a price that does not require me to sell my first born. Anyone have one to sell or trade?

biomieg
06-17-2011, 01:35 PM
I only have one copy so I'm not selling, but what is your price range? I think you can usually find a copy for less than $200 if you're patient.

TwistedNadine
06-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi All, Ive heard that there is a photocopy of "Code Name Mousetrap" and 'The 43rd Dream" (from 1965 and 1966 Lisbon High School) floating around. Anyone know how to get a photocopy or PDF to read the stories?

TwistedNadine
06-17-2011, 01:45 PM
200 is doable but I would go 250-275 if mint condition

TwistedNadine
06-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Also looking for: Ubris fall 1968, fall 1969 and spring 1968 to buy - cash or trade....

Randall Flagg
06-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Wanted: July, 1980 Omni Magazine.

Shannon
06-17-2011, 03:50 PM
RF, I have one. I'll trade someone for a Stand S/L and then trade you the Stand S/L for TMSG.

Deal?

Ric
06-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Im looking for a Startling Mystery Stories Vol 1 #6 fall 1967 (with The Glass Floor) at a price that does not require me to sell my first born. Anyone have one to sell or trade?

Hmmm, trying to get in on my action eh? I will pay $1 more than TwistedNadine's best offer. :)

TwistedNadine
06-17-2011, 05:57 PM
lol - Actually Ric I posted that in some other thread. Didnt even see your post until afterward. Newbie - trying to figure out which thread it belongs.

TwistedNadine
06-17-2011, 06:01 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/OMNI-VOL-2-NO-10-JULY-1980-FRANK-HERBERT-DUNE-/170652251905?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item27bbaab701

Cook
06-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Does anybody have a 1st ed. Hardcover Christine in Mint condition they are willing to sell me?

Merlin1958
06-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Does anybody have a 1st ed. Hardcover Christine in Mint condition they are willing to sell me?

PM member "1955spartan". I bet he has one and his entire collection is for sale.

Good Luck!!

Cook
06-18-2011, 11:00 PM

PM member "1955spartan". I bet he has one and his entire collection is for sale.

Good Luck!!

Thanks Merlin,
PM sent.

Tito_Villa
06-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Looking for a Night Shift UK 1st :)

Merlin1958
06-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Looking for a Night Shift UK 1st :)

Me too!!!!

Good Luck!!!

biomieg
06-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Also looking for: Ubris fall 1968, fall 1969 and spring 1968 to buy - cash or trade....

Does that mean you already have a copy of the issue with 'Night Surf' (Spring '69)? That seems to be the hardest one to find (or so I was told).

sgc1999
06-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Does anyone have dark tower gunslinger for sale 1st edition, 1st or 2nd printing? I dont have one. also looking for signed limited copies of the series.
Thanks,
Simon

Ric
06-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Does anyone have dark tower gunslinger for sale 1st edition, 1st or 2nd printing? I dont have one. also looking for signed limited copies of the series.
Thanks,
Simon

Just to avoid confusion, Grant refers to the Gunslingers as "First Edition" and "Second Edition" rather than first and second printings. As I'm sure you're aware you'll have a much easier -- and less expensive -- time tracking down a second edition. Good luck!

sgc1999
06-21-2011, 12:59 PM
thanks for the heads up, Im pretty much still a newbie. Only been collecting for a couple years. And dont have much in the way of dark tower besides the 1-7 PB i bought for reading.
Simon

WeDealInLead
06-21-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm looking for first printings of Different Seasons, The Dead Zone and Pet Sematary.

Patrick
06-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Thanks,
Simon
Have you checked the Collectible Classifieds thread? Some Dark Tower S/L's were offered up in just the last few posts there.

jon10g
06-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Hi
Does anyone have three Kevin Quigley chapbooks from Cemetery Dance , Chart of Darkness and Ink in the Veins volume one and two that they would like to sell? I have tried buying them from CD but they will not sell.
Thanks
Jon

Shannon
06-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Looking for the little chapbook updates to the Justin Brooks biblio. Thank you.

Randall Flagg
06-22-2011, 06:02 PM
I have two. I used to keep them under TMSG's that I have.

Shannon
06-22-2011, 06:48 PM
You know, I am going to build myself a time machine. After my time machine is complete, I am firstly going to take a tiny secret trip and make a tiny secret friend, but more on that later. AFTER I do that, I am going to go back to when you FIRST started collecting, about a hundred years ago, when you were only fifty-two years old. And I am going to convince the very first person who sold you your very first item to give it to you for free. You will spot it sitting on a shelf or propped up on a table after your daily ritual of walking the shores of the beach and laughing at the ducks. You feel a connection with this Stephen King item. You must own it. You quickly look around, and before anyone else sees the treasure that is before you, you grab it and walk hurridly towards the front counter with the item slightly tucked in the crook of your right arm. There is a man there, a very polite man with whom I have made friends with only ten minutes prior. You will walk up to him, carefully place the item on the counter and in a nervous voice ask how much it would cost you. The man will smile and simply extend his arms forward, slowly pushing the item back to you. "It's on the house, my friend." And at this moment you will feel a sense of astonishment the likes of which you have never felt before. You're going to wonder ...

"Why?"

and you are going to say ... "Oh my God, mister ... Thank you!" and he's going to say, of course, "You're welcome, I hope you enjoy the rich and exciting new world of Stephen King." You will smile, and turn to walk away, holding your new and free Stephen King item in your hands, watching it glisten as it catches our closest star's rays, turning it over and over again, inspecting each and every square centimeter, feeling the power that the item brings with it, imagining what the next hundred years of Stephen King collecting will be like. You are going to feel something that you have been grasping for your entire life.

Joy.

And THAT is when I'm going to step out from around the corner of the building and command my pet dinosaur to eat you.

iowabob
06-22-2011, 06:48 PM
I have two. I used to keep them under TMSG's that I have.
Quit teasing Shannon about TMSG's. What he REALLY needs for the upcoming holiday season is a wooden Derry, Maine Christmas Tree Ornament.

http://iowabob.com/images/iowabob/DMCT.JPG

Shannon
06-22-2011, 07:01 PM
I like that a lot, but I have something (in my opinion) better coming soon ...

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1081/kinghousechristmasornam.jpg

Jimimck
06-22-2011, 07:42 PM
What he REALLY needs for the upcoming holiday season is a wooden Derry, Maine Christmas Tree Ornament.

Cool.

(http://talkstephenking.blogspot.com/2010/11/king-house-christmas-ornament.html)
http://talkstephenking.blogspot.com/...-ornament.html (http://talkstephenking.blogspot.com/2010/11/king-house-christmas-ornament.html)
(http://talkstephenking.blogspot.com/2010/11/king-house-christmas-ornament.html)

Way cool!

iowabob
06-22-2011, 09:17 PM
I like that a lot, but I have something (in my opinion) better coming soon ...

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1081/kinghousechristmasornam.jpg

OK, then you're probably gonna want the other 5 or 6 ornaments made by the Bangor Historical Society. You don't want Steve's house go get lonely do you?

biomieg
06-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Shannon, one of the Brooks' Addenda is (was? Can't check it right now) listed on eBay.

George at C-Springs
06-23-2011, 02:37 AM
You know, I am going to build myself a time machine. First I am going to take a tiny trip and make a new friend, but more on that later. AFTER I do that, I am going to go back to when you FIRST started collecting, about a hundred years ago, when you were only fifty-two years old. And I am going to convince the very first person who sold you your very first item to give it to you for free. You will spot it sitting on a shelf or propped up on a table after your daily ritual of walking the shores of the beach and laughing at the ducks. You feel a connection with this Stephen King item. You must own it. You quickly look around, and before anyone else sees the treasure that is before you, you grab it and walk hurridly towards the front counter. There is a man there, a man I have recently made very good friends with. You will walk up to him, carefully place the item on the counter and in a nervous voice ask how much it would cost you. The man will smile and simply extend his arms forward, slowly pushing the item back to you. "It's on the house, my friend." And at this moment you will feel a sense of astonishment the likes of which you have never felt before. You're going to wonder ...

"Why?"

and you are going to say ... "Oh my God, mister ... Thank you!" and he's going to say, of course, "You're welcome, I hope you enjoy the rich and exciting new world of Stephen King." And you will smile, and turn to walk away, holding your new and free Stephen King item in your hands, watching it glisten as it catches the Sun's rays, turning it over and over again, inspecting each and every square centimeter, feeling the power that the item brings with it, imagining what the next hundred years of Stephen King collecting will be like. You are going to feel something that you have never felt before.

Joy.

And THAT is when I'm going to step out from around the corner of the building and command my pet dinosaur to eat you.

Nice story Shannon! I didn't see the pet dinosaur thing coming, figured he was going to slip and fall and watch it sail slowly through the air before shattering into a million pieces.

Randall Flagg
06-23-2011, 05:40 AM
You know, I am going to build myself a time machine. First I am going to take a tiny trip and make a new friend, but more on that later. AFTER I do that, I am going to go back to when you FIRST started collecting, about a hundred years ago, when you were only fifty-two years old. And I am going to convince the very first person who sold you your very first item to give it to you for free. You will spot it sitting on a shelf or propped up on a table after your daily ritual of walking the shores of the beach and laughing at the ducks. You feel a connection with this Stephen King item. You must own it. You quickly look around, and before anyone else sees the treasure that is before you, you grab it and walk hurridly towards the front counter. There is a man there, a man I have recently made very good friends with. You will walk up to him, carefully place the item on the counter and in a nervous voice ask how much it would cost you. The man will smile and simply extend his arms forward, slowly pushing the item back to you. "It's on the house, my friend." And at this moment you will feel a sense of astonishment the likes of which you have never felt before. You're going to wonder ...

"Why?"

and you are going to say ... "Oh my God, mister ... Thank you!" and he's going to say, of course, "You're welcome, I hope you enjoy the rich and exciting new world of Stephen King." And you will smile, and turn to walk away, holding your new and free Stephen King item in your hands, watching it glisten as it catches the Sun's rays, turning it over and over again, inspecting each and every square centimeter, feeling the power that the item brings with it, imagining what the next hundred years of Stephen King collecting will be like. You are going to feel something that you have never felt before.

Joy.

Did you enter that in the Cemetery Dance short story contest?

TwistedNadine
06-23-2011, 06:53 AM

Does that mean you already have a copy of the issue with 'Night Surf' (Spring '69)? That seems to be the hardest one to find (or so I was told).

Yep. Have that edition of Ubris as well as Onan, Moth, Contraband. Looking for the other Ubris issues and Marshroots (Marshroots is the impossible one to find...)

Shannon
06-23-2011, 09:56 AM
iowabob - I'll pass on the other ornaments from the Bangor Historical Society. I can't collect EVERYTHING now ... lol. The Derry ornament, that's something I would buy though, is it yours? Where did you find the picture? Give me info info info! :)

Michaël (ha!) - Thanks for the heads up, found it and am watching it. Ends in two days.

George - Having a dinosaur eat Jerome makes me smile.

Jerome - Nope, that was only for you. :)

biomieg
06-23-2011, 10:54 AM

Yep. Have that edition of Ubris as well as Onan, Moth, Contraband. Looking for the other Ubris issues and Marshroots (Marshroots is the impossible one to find...)

Very nice! You're ahead of me in the pre-Carrie game. I still need two Ubris issues, Onan, the Contrabands and Marshroots (counting from the 1967 Startling Mystery Mag, I don't expect to ever obtain anything older than that). And some Cavaliers but those are easy.

Pasiuk57
06-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Marshroots is tough
It took me many years to find one and then got lucky!
Took some help to get one!!

Merlin1958
06-23-2011, 02:12 PM
You know, I am going to build myself a time machine. After my time machine is complete, I am firstly going to take a tiny secret trip and make a tiny secret friend, but more on that later. AFTER I do that, I am going to go back to when you FIRST started collecting, about a hundred years ago, when you were only fifty-two years old. And I am going to convince the very first person who sold you your very first item to give it to you for free. You will spot it sitting on a shelf or propped up on a table after your daily ritual of walking the shores of the beach and laughing at the ducks. You feel a connection with this Stephen King item. You must own it. You quickly look around, and before anyone else sees the treasure that is before you, you grab it and walk hurridly towards the front counter with the item slightly tucked in the crook of your right arm. There is a man there, a very polite man with whom I have made friends with only ten minutes prior. You will walk up to him, carefully place the item on the counter and in a nervous voice ask how much it would cost you. The man will smile and simply extend his arms forward, slowly pushing the item back to you. "It's on the house, my friend." And at this moment you will feel a sense of astonishment the likes of which you have never felt before. You're going to wonder ...

"Why?"

and you are going to say ... "Oh my God, mister ... Thank you!" and he's going to say, of course, "You're welcome, I hope you enjoy the rich and exciting new world of Stephen King." You will smile, and turn to walk away, holding your new and free Stephen King item in your hands, watching it glisten as it catches our closest star's rays, turning it over and over again, inspecting each and every square centimeter, feeling the power that the item brings with it, imagining what the next hundred years of Stephen King collecting will be like. You are going to feel something that you have been grasping for your entire life.

Joy.

Shannon, that's a very sad, sad, story!!!! You never ended up with "TMSG"!!!!!

Shannon
06-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Ah, but in that alternate timeline, I become the new Randall Flagg and this is my website. Welcome!

Jimimck
06-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Ah, but in that alternate timeline, I become the new Randall Flagg and this is my website. Welcome!

Hi Randall. I hear you have a spare TMSG. Care to sell me one?
Thanks

The New ShannonsMovies

Shannon
06-23-2011, 08:38 PM
New Randall Flagg Shannon: Hello new ShannonsMovies, love the name. I DO have a spare TMSG, and I would be glad to share it, because I am nice like that to all my fellow collectors.

ShannonsMovies Shannon: HEY! I see what you did there! I didn't think anyone else from here was from my alternate reality. Beware my T-Rex.

iowabob
06-24-2011, 07:23 AM
Paging ShannonsMovies ... please meet me at the Thomas Hill Standpipe in Bangor. -- Pennywise

http://www.iowabob.com/images/iowabob/standpipe.jpg

sgc1999
06-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi,
Not sure what your 2nd edition slipcover for gunslinger is worth but if you let me know and if you still have it, im very interested, thanks,
Simon

I have one extra of the 2nd edition (Fine condition) and three of the 1st-NF condition.:thumbsup: Make a serious offer.

Shannon
06-24-2011, 02:06 PM
iowabob - Ooooooooh, I like it. I may have to reevaluate my previous statement about not wanting the other ornaments. That is cool. :) Do you have the other ones?

iowabob
06-24-2011, 02:58 PM
iowabob - Ooooooooh, I like it. I may have to reevaluate my previous statement about not wanting the other ornaments. That is cool. :) Do you have the other ones?
I think I have a total of 7 ornaments (including SK's house and the standpipe). If I remember correctly, there really isn't anything SK related with the other 5. I'll double-check and let you know.

Cook
06-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Paging ShannonsMovies ... please meet me at the Thomas Hill Standpipe in Bangor. -- Pennywise

Iowa..
You have any extra Standpipe Ornaments?

iowabob
06-24-2011, 03:30 PM

Iowa..
You have any extra Standpipe Ornaments?
Sorry bro, I don't.

Back in 1999 (?) I went to Bangor for the "Bag of Bones" signing that Stu held at Betts. It was in Novemer, and I picked up one of each of the ornamnts while I was there. In hindsight, I wish I'd bought more of the standpipe and SK's house because of the obvious tie-in with "It" and Mr. King. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

iowabob

PS Got any new 79's you want to brag about? ;)

Cook
06-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Yes I do, thank you very much by the way.
Pics to come... been really swamped at work lately.

Merlin1958
06-24-2011, 04:43 PM
I have 10 years running of "FAO Schwartz" Xmas Ornaments. Do they count?

LOL :wtf:

jon10g
06-26-2011, 04:55 AM
Does anyone have a PDF of King's reading list for summer 2011 which was Entertainment Weekly that they would share with me?
Many thanks
Jon

herbertwest
06-26-2011, 10:58 AM
It's not on EW website, so, i'd also be interested :-)
Did the last Pop of King column go online?

Bev Vincent
06-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Does anyone have a PDF of King's reading list for summer 2011 which was Entertainment Weekly that they would share with me?

My Summer Reading List (http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20503726,00.html)

jon10g
06-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the link.

Jon

killbourne
07-02-2011, 01:07 PM
WANTED: SIGNED -THE STAND 1990 1/1..........

WeDealInLead
07-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Looking for two first editions:

The Bachman Books
Danse Macabre

After that I need Carrie, Night Shift, 'Salem's Lot and The Gunslinger and I have a complete collection of US first editions. Piece of cake, amirite?

Merlin1958
07-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Looking for two first editions:

The Bachman Books
Danse Macabre

After that I need Carrie, Night Shift, 'Salem's Lot and The Gunslinger and I have a complete collection of US first editions. Piece of cake, amirite?

You may want to check with Iowabob or 1955spartan. Just a thought.

iowabob
07-04-2011, 04:56 PM
You may want to check with Iowabob or 1955spartan. Just a thought.
Thanks for the plug, but the only Danse Macabre I have at the moment is a UK 1st.

Fsmdr
07-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Looking for Gift Edition of Secretary Of Dreams Vol 1. Please PM me if you have one for sale.

biomieg
07-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Sorry Juliana, I just sold mine.

sgc1999
07-05-2011, 01:20 PM
does anyone have s/l sisters #520? I could trade or pay cash. i have #2-7 would love to match up my set. also selling 5-7 s/l if all goes well with recieving my #520 set.
Thanks,
Simon

Ric
07-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Did you buy the #520 set from David? I know he's had it up there for awhile. Congrats!!

sgc1999
07-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Ya, im so siked to finnaly be close to haveing a matched set. dont know if i will be able to find sisters and i know gunslinger only goes to 500 but thats close enough for me :)

Patrick
07-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Congrats on your almost-complete #520 set. Out of curiosity, what numbers are the 5-7 S/L's that you mention selling?

sgc1999
07-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Im thinking of selling #747 since the person who has #3 and 4 wants $2600 for the two books.

divemaster
07-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Im thinking of selling #747 since the person who has #3 and 4 wants $2600 for the two books.

That's insane.

WeDealInLead
07-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Fuck that. He bought those two books from me for $900. Sell your 747s and buy different S/L editions instead. Making $$$ is always good when selling books but $2500 for two DT books that aren't even that hard to find????? Unreal.

Ric
07-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Fuck that. He bought those two books from me for $900. Sell your 747s and buy different S/L editions instead. Making $$$ is always good when selling books but $2500 for two DT books that aren't even that hard to find????? Unreal.

Seriously, that's price gouging at its worst. 747 is too scattered anyway, I know who has the LSoE #747s. Better off just getting what works for you and not worrying about trying to match off the bat. Plus you did great with the #520 set so that's a start.

sgc1999
07-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I agree, thanks for the heads up. i thought it was way to high too. Im gonna work on a diffrent set.

Rahfa
07-06-2011, 01:39 PM

Seriously, that's price gouging at its worst. 747 is too scattered anyway, I know who has the LSoE #747s. Better off just getting what works for you and not worrying about trying to match off the bat. Plus you did great with the #520 set so that's a start.

I usually try not to fault sellers for trying to get top dollar, but that price makes NO sense at all. The set can't be fully matched, and while DT IV is scarce, DT III certainly isn't.

If he paid $900, he should be very content to sell in the $1500 range. But...he might have his reasons, who knows.

It is price gouging, but in a buyer's market he's practically gouging himself - he has a motivated buyer, which probably will not happen a second time anytime soon.

Ricky
07-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Still looking for the Grant Wastelands proof in shrinkwrap and The Green Mile paperbacks 1-6 in Fine condition.