PDA

View Full Version : King Books/Items Wanted

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35

kingfan2323
10-25-2019, 09:16 AM
I have no King first editions and since the only 2 I've read (shameful, I know) are "Cycle of the Werewolf" and "Thinner" I may as well start with one of them. I'm open to other suggestions as well.
My budget isn't large so though I'd love to have something signed, it's not in the cards right now.
Going to Boston for a few days so if anyone replies to this and I don't get back to you right away forgive me.
Thanks.Good affordable way to go is start with new ones. Maybe even go backwards. Just an idea.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bob Verdansky
10-25-2019, 12:12 PM
I am a CARRIE away from a complete first edition collection. Thought it would be cool to have a nice BCE until I find/can afford a true first. Not sure what the "best" BCE is but if anyone has one for sale or even suggestions I would appreciate it. Thx

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF

One on ebay for $795 obo.

webstar1000
10-29-2019, 04:19 AM
So for DoubleDay I thought I had found the 'set'. I did not. I am still after a couple. I have a fine Carrie, Stand and a Fine Night Shift jacket but need the book. I also need a find 2nd Salems and a Shining. That will give me a fine set. Anyone has one of these, PM me:)

OneFathom
10-29-2019, 09:52 AM
So for DoubleDay I thought I had found the 'set'. I did not. I am still after a couple. I have a fine Carrie, Stand and a Fine Night Shift jacket but need the book. I also need a find 2nd Salems and a Shining. That will give me a fine set. Anyone has one of these, PM me:)

I've got a nice Night Shift available. Take a look at the pics in my ebay listings. The link to them is in my signature.

surly
10-29-2019, 05:13 PM
Christmas will be here before you know it, and if anyone is looking to make some extra spending money from a sale, I am on the lookout for signed (prefer inscribed) 1st US of any of these titles:

The Green Mile (Scribner HC edition)
Hearts in Atlantis
TGWLTG
Regulators
Everything’s Eventual
Duma Key
On Writing

PM if you would like to discuss.
Thanks!

OneFathom
10-29-2019, 09:46 PM
Looking for any Dark Tower proofs/ARCs. Willing to buy/trade.

If you have any available, please let me know. Thanks!

webstar1000
11-04-2019, 06:40 AM
SO, I am THIS close to having a near flawless DoubleDay set. I just need Salems. Does anyone have a near fine or FINE copy that they would sell? I would pay handsomely to finish my set. THanks!

Fsmdr
11-04-2019, 07:18 AM
Looking for signed Shining 1st and an unsigned Night Shift 1st. Pm Me!

peripheral
11-04-2019, 02:31 PM
Looking for the PS Publishing Colorado Kid S/L - Miller variant (Signed by all / 150)... PM me! Thx...

Hunchback Jack
11-06-2019, 11:52 AM
It’s a long shot, but I’m looking for Suntup EOTD portfolio #46. PM me if you have it and would consider selling. (Sadly, I don’t have one to trade)

HBJ

andyg75
11-07-2019, 11:38 AM
Looking for the following:

Colorado Kid 1/150 #137 (Potter)
Wizard & Glass H&S UK s/l #157
Dark Tower Portfolio #157
Firestarter s/l with July 8 signing date
Colorado Kid 1/33 any artist #’s 3 and 4

Thank you in advance

Shannon
11-07-2019, 04:20 PM
Visiting a friend in NC while home for Christmas. Found out she is a recent Joe Hill fan. So … someone sell me something signed. :)

Oh, and if anyone has any extra TMSGs laying around, mine could always use a sibling. Thanks!

jsmcmullen92
11-07-2019, 07:27 PM
Visiting a friend in NC while home for Christmas. Found out she is a recent Joe Hill fan. So … someone sell me something signed. :)

Oh, and if anyone has any extra TMSGs laying around, mine could always use a sibling. Thanks!I have a N0S4A2 signed if interested

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Shannon
11-07-2019, 08:47 PM
Pass on N0S4A2 and Horns, but thank you though :)

webstar1000
11-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Cycle of the Werewolf S/L

Cook
11-08-2019, 03:49 PM

Shannon,
What specifically are you looking for, I think I have most of them.
Let me know.

Shannon
11-08-2019, 09:54 PM

Shannon,
What specifically are you looking for, I think I have most of them.
Let me know.

Thanks friend, but I found a signed Full Throttle on eBay for $30 including shipping. Edited the post now. Thanks again!

jsweet
11-13-2019, 08:01 AM
Looking for a Gwendy's Button Box trade HC (1st) signed by Chizmar for a gift. Thanks

wizardsrainbow
11-13-2019, 04:46 PM
Looking for a Gwendy's Button Box trade HC (1st) signed by Chizmar for a gift. Thanks

Got you covered here

webstar1000
11-14-2019, 05:43 AM
Anyone want to sell their Misery S/L?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-Dogz_AK47
11-14-2019, 07:34 AM

Don't you already have one, Kris?

webstar1000
11-14-2019, 08:14 AM

Don't you already have one, Kris?

Yes this is not for me my man!

PS: Your signature is bad ass!

playdohman
11-16-2019, 06:27 PM
Looking for Stephen King signed 2017 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions - Black & White signed

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191117/fd07537a9fbbd8d4fc38361c39c5df29.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

webstar1000
11-20-2019, 12:26 PM
Well lost the lettered Legends:( Anyone have one? OR a numbered version???

kingfan2323
11-20-2019, 03:13 PM
Well lost the lettered Legends:( Anyone have one? OR a numbered version???$2681.

I would have guessed higher? What did you think, Kris?

looking for: NOS4A2 (sub press)
Dead Zone 1st/1st, Boy's Life S/L

wizardsrainbow
11-20-2019, 03:40 PM
NOT for sale but I have Letter SS...looked for 20 years until I found one from consignee who is a member here.

lotuz
11-20-2019, 04:13 PM
Question: why is this book so elusive and valuable?

Is it because of the collection of signatures? I can't quite tell from the pictures how nice the leather and other qualities are.

From what little I've experienced, and from a lot of what I've seen here, the collections with King in them aren't generally as popular or desirable as the really nice editions of his solo work. And again, I can't tell the quality of the production from those pictures, but this doesn't look as nice as the numbered Sub Press The Green Mile, or some of the other King lettered editions that fetch $2500+. And this has a limitation of 52 and not 26.

Not trying to downplay the book at all but genuinely curious why it's at this level of pricing :)

webstar1000
11-20-2019, 05:10 PM
Well lost the lettered Legends:( Anyone have one? OR a numbered version???$2681.

I would have guessed higher? What did you think, Kris?

I was thinking $2500 or less. It shocked me and I didn’t have any higher bid! Thus I lost. I don’t get that desire but it’s a big one for this.

surly
11-20-2019, 05:20 PM
totally valid question, but not always a simple answer.
for me, VALUE = QUANTITY/DEMAND x CONDITION

Quality and aesthetic of book are a function of demand but not always the only driving factor. the production of this one is nice but nothing spectacular. i believe that in this case the content is driving the demand and the quantity is relatively limited so value goes up. sometimes i loose sight that collectors collect other than King. not only does this have a King, Dark Tower story, but it collects unpublished tales from a lot of other desirable series - including Fire and Ice so lots of different collectors want it.
youre right that anthologies usually are less valuable (sometime undeservedly so) but i think this one will hold its value.

kingfan2323
11-20-2019, 05:36 PM

Is it because of the collection of signatures? I can't quite tell from the pictures how nice the leather and other qualities are.

From what little I've experienced, and from a lot of what I've seen here, the collections with King in them aren't generally as popular or desirable as the really nice editions of his solo work. And again, I can't tell the quality of the production from those pictures, but this doesn't look as nice as the numbered Sub Press The Green Mile, or some of the other King lettered editions that fetch $2500+. And this has a limitation of 52 and not 26.

Not trying to downplay the book at all but genuinely curious why it's at this level of pricing :)The answer: The Dark Tower! Legends is First appearance of Little Sisters of Eluria.

sentinel
11-20-2019, 05:45 PM

Not trying to downplay the book at all but genuinely curious why it's at this level of pricing :)

It's all because of the content. I know George R. R. Martin fans that bought it, Terry Pratchett fans, Ursula Leguin, it's an all star anthology that draws a lot of different collectors.

Randall Flagg
11-20-2019, 05:55 PM

It's all because of the content. I know George R. R. Martin fans that bought it, Terry Pratchett fans, Ursula Leguin, it's an all star anthology that draws a lot of different collectors.

I agree. The lettered is very elusive as it's one of a very few King signed books that was never sold to the public.

wizardsrainbow
11-20-2019, 05:57 PM
Great question and great answers......I (am biased I know) tend to see it as Dark Tower 1st appearance of LSOE....Book itself and slipcase not such great shakes (definitely inferior to other S/Ls and Lettereds). So for me, a DT junkie, it was something I sought to own.

lotuz
11-20-2019, 06:58 PM
Ahhhhh...

Thanks for the responses everyone!

What I'm reading is that

(a) It's an important part of the King canon because of the Dark Tower connection.

(b) But it's also an important part of the canon for lots of other popular authors, who wrote stories related to their various epic works.

(c) And it was never released to the public.

This all makes good sense and fits together very nicely!

Because of (a), it's going to be more highly desired than other collections that King contributed to. Because of (b), people other than King collectors are going to be looking for it also. And because of (c), collectors have always had to find copies on the secondary market, so when it appears it's going to be fought over.

Thanks for the education :)

WeDealInLead
11-20-2019, 07:29 PM
First appearance of LSoE was in the trade edition of Legends. It was released in August '98, two months before the limited edition.

wizardsrainbow
11-20-2019, 09:19 PM
First appearance of LSoE was in the trade edition of Legends. It was released in August '98, two months before the limited edition.

Yes accurate! Is why I have a King signed TOR Legends 1st as well!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-21-2019, 01:03 AM

Just supply and demand. Like David said he waited 20 years to get it. I do not have it but then again I would never pay $1000 for an anthology.

Hunchback Jack
11-21-2019, 05:12 PM
Not just King fans would want this book. People who have no interest in King at all would pay real money for this edition. This was a phenomenal collection of the most successful fantasy authors of the time - many of whom are no longer with us.

Having all their signatures on one page in a collection of amazing stories would be a dream of many fantasy readers.

HBJ

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-22-2019, 12:57 AM
I only have the crappy numbered version. It's not a great book.

http://www.akyle.f2s.com/images/legends_1.jpg

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-22-2019, 04:05 AM
That's the best "crappy" book I've ever seen!

Garrell
11-22-2019, 04:28 AM
Really cool crap. Love it

andyg75
11-22-2019, 08:15 AM
Looking for Firestarter S/L with a July 8th signing date. Anyone?

Also looking for Colorado Kid #137/150, Potter version.

surly
11-22-2019, 10:45 AM
On the lookout for a copy of THE RAFT chapbook - the Gallery magazine isn't essential.

Hunchback Jack
11-24-2019, 05:32 PM
Does anyone in the US have an extra copy of the Hodder and Stoughton edition of Gwendy’s Button Box that they would be willing to part with?

webstar1000
11-27-2019, 05:28 PM
Signed or inscribed Cujo 1st but with the Madison address.

Br!an
11-28-2019, 03:21 AM
:orely: A first would have the Madison address.

webstar1000
11-28-2019, 03:22 AM

I agree. However you would be surprised how many people don’t know this Brian. Like shocked lol

Br!an
11-28-2019, 03:39 AM

I agree. However you would be surprised how many people don’t know this Brian. Like shocked lol

I wouldn't be surprised. I bought ~sixty of these for DR. I'd ask about the address and a lot of sellers would respond that "First published in 1981 by The Viking Press" is on the copyright page. I'd say, "That's nice, but is the address 625 Madison Avenue?" They'd tell me that the first published statement is a first edition point. I'd agree and tell them I'm not only looking for first editions but first printings which must have the Madison address.

webstar1000
11-28-2019, 03:44 AM

I wouldn't be surprised. I bought ~sixty of these for DR. I'd ask about the address and a lot of sellers would respond that "First published in 1981 by The Viking Press" is on the copyright page. I'd say, "That's nice, but is the address 625 Madison Avenue?" They'd tell me that the first published statement is a first edition point. I'd agree and tell them I'm not only looking for first editions but first printings which must have the Madison address.

Oh right! I bet you ran into that a LOT during that search. It’s crazy how many collectors don’t know.

Br!an
11-28-2019, 04:15 AM

Oh right! I bet you ran into that a LOT during that search. It’s crazy how many collectors don’t know.

A lot of booksellers would take offense. They'd list their bona fides as booksellers to "prove" they knew what they were talking about. Occasionally one would thank me.

Room 217 Caretaker
11-28-2019, 04:21 AM

A lot of booksellers would take offense. They'd list their bona fides as booksellers to "prove" they knew what they were talking about. Occasionally one would thank me.

Yes, many do take offense even though you're just asking a question, trying to help, or just verifying before you purchase. Hey Brian, Sound like someone recently on eBay?

Mulleins

MikeDuke
11-28-2019, 06:23 AM
Is this about Cujo. I am coming in in the middle I am really upset because my address is not 625 Madison Ave. Shit, Now I have to buy another Cujo? Mine says first published by Viking in 1981 but the address is 40 west 23rd street. It only has one date though, 1981.
Then it talks about the limited ed. If this is not a true first, I will be very upset. So I am guessing I am going to be very upset. So I don't have a first printing so that means it's not a true !st\\1st. I wonder how many other books I have are like that.
Sorry for the OT post. Please carry on.

Br!an
11-28-2019, 06:36 AM
Is this about Cujo. I am coming in in the middle I am really upset because my address is not 625 Madison Ave. Shit, Now I have to buy another Cujo? Mine says first published by Viking in 1981 but the address is 40 west 23rd street. It only has one date though, 1981.
Then it talks about the limited ed. If this is not a true first, I will be very upset. So I am guessing I am going to be very upset. So I don't have a first printing so that means it's not a true !st\\1st. I wonder how many other books I have are like that.

Yes, it's about Cujo. Doubleday moved from 625 Madison Avenue to 40 West 23rd Street during the publication of Cujo. First printings have the Madison Avenue address on the copyright page.

Br!an
11-28-2019, 07:28 AM
As for your other books, identifying first printings is a bit harder for the older books. Once a numberline came into use, it became much easier. So double-check your earlier books against the catalog descriptions. Also read the comments for each book.

stroppygoblin
11-28-2019, 07:39 AM
I updated the Cujo page (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Stephen+King+First+Editions:Cuj o+-+Trade+HC&redirect=no) to explicitly state the address is required for a 1st Print. The same address should also be present on the Dust Jacket (inner end flap).

:catalogfriend:

MikeDuke
11-28-2019, 08:12 AM
Thanks guys. So I don't have a true first first. Thanks. I may check my other books. But I will end this conversation now and move it to my thread if I choose
to take this further.

Br!an
11-28-2019, 08:22 AM

Yes, many do take offense even though you're just asking a question, trying to help, or just verifying before you purchase. Hey Brian, Sound like someone recently on eBay?

Mulleins

Why would any reasonable person act that way? :orely: Perhaps they are not quite reasonable.

ConstantReader84
11-28-2019, 06:13 PM
Hello,

Looking for a full sized hardcover of Danse Macabre in great shape. I don’t care about the print number or if it’s a club edition. I just want one in great shape (book and jacket), hardcover and full sized. The ones on eBay are always beat to shit with rips, stains, fading, etc.

Please help me complete my collection!

This is THE last book I need and have been looking for almost two years now...crazy!

Randall Flagg
12-01-2019, 04:28 PM
Long time no post. I am just slowly getting back to here to continue recruiting names. I will come back here shortly with my list and to collect others that are interested in my auction process. I think this is the right place to share items I am selling.

So, if you sent me your name already through Facebook (in September) you are good.
My first round of items will be for Stephen King T-shirts...stay tuned

John

What are you talking about? You haven't (as you said) posted here in months and now you post some babble in the King Books/Items WANTED thread.

Go play your games elsewhere.

Beverly Marsh
12-02-2019, 07:04 PM
Hey all,
I'm also looking for a Danse Macabre however I would like a 1/1. I have one but recently acquired an inscribed edition and I want a better DJ for the signed copy. Book itself doesn't matter, DJ doesn't have to be perfect but as close as possible would be good :)
Please PM if anyone can help a sister out!
Thank you!

WeDealInLead
12-04-2019, 02:19 PM
Looking for PS Publishing 'Salem's Lot.

king fan
12-06-2019, 06:53 AM
Looking for Desperation S/L

OneFathom
12-07-2019, 04:28 PM
Looking for Desperation S/L

Here you go! Click the link HERE (https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=stephen%20king&cm_sp=sort-_-SRP-_-Results&kn=signed&sortby=1&tn=desperation).

wizardsrainbow
12-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Interested in a PS Publishing Stand (just issued).

webstar1000
12-11-2019, 02:42 PM
Still after misery S/l.

Also, anyone know of a thread for Colorado Kind for matching numbers. I have a set of 1/33 but would love to match numbers. I have Blue 14 and green 7.

Oreo713
12-11-2019, 04:17 PM

Yes, it's about Cujo. Doubleday moved from 625 Madison Avenue to 40 West 23rd Street during the publication of Cujo. First printings have the Madison Avenue address on the copyright page.
Hi....I apologize for coming in the middle of this, but my husband is in hospice and lately all I have is the strength to lurk here. Can someone please help me put a picture that's on my laptop on here? I think I have one with the correct copyright page. Thanks
For some reason is says that I cannot post attachments.....huh??

Brian861
12-11-2019, 04:42 PM

Hi....I apologize for coming in the middle of this, but my husband is in hospice and lately all I have is the strength to lurk here. Can someone please help me put a picture that's on my laptop on here? I think I have one with the correct copyright page. Thanks
For some reason is says that I cannot post attachments.....huh??

PM me your email address and I can help you.

andyg75
12-12-2019, 11:28 AM
Still after misery S/l.

Also, anyone know of a thread for Colorado Kind for matching numbers. I have a set of 1/33 but would love to match numbers. I have Blue 14 and green 7.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?21219-Colorado-Kid-PS-Publishing/page2

I started this one a while back...

ConstantReader84
12-20-2019, 09:09 PM
Anyone have an unworn Faithful promo hat for sale?

Greg
12-21-2019, 02:41 AM
Hi,
Wanted:
DT I, II, III #281
Sisters and WTTKH #175
Also any associated UK Ltd for the above mentioned books. Cheers.

Fsmdr
01-02-2020, 09:00 AM
Looking for Buick 8 S/L and gift.

webstar1000
01-02-2020, 11:48 AM
Danse Mcabe S/L

Got a beauty:) thanks!

George at C-Springs
01-02-2020, 02:03 PM
WANTED: Sleeping Beauties Art Portfolio #186; I sent my change of number request in to Mindy as soon as I acquired #186 S/L (back on October 10th), but still received in the original order (#373). Along those same lines, I now have an extra Sleeping Beauties S/L #373 w/matching number Art Portfolio if anyone is interested.

webstar1000
01-05-2020, 05:39 AM
Still after letter Dystopia, letter Carrie and
Signed or inscribed Cujo 1st!

webstar1000
01-06-2020, 03:43 PM
Signed Shining 1st anyone?

Jimimck
01-10-2020, 04:01 PM
Still after letter Dystopia, letter Carrie and
Signed or inscribed Cujo 1st!

I like Cujo so much I settled for a signed later printing. Good luck on the hunt.

George at C-Springs
01-13-2020, 07:33 AM
Still looking for Sleeping Beauties Art Portfolio #186 (and any other SK #186).

jreitan47
01-16-2020, 06:45 AM
Looking for book promo items... bookstore posters, counter displays, publisher marketing kits, standees, and event posters. I have a lot, but know there’s a lot out there I don’t have. I have a few things for trade as well. Email me only please (no PMs here as I can’t access it during the day). JonathanReitan@gmail.com

The_Antiquarian
01-22-2020, 09:17 AM
Hello fellow collectors!

I am looking for a Lettered edition of Legends by Tor edited by Robert Silverberg, specifically Letter "S" copy.

I currently have Lettered "MM" copy and I am willing to trade my copy for yours PLUS reasonable monetary compensation!

I am desperately searching for the copy and if you know the whereabout of Letter "S" copy, I would be most grateful if you could send me a message!

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-22-2020, 09:51 AM
Looking for a Letterpress REVIVAL proof. Missed that last one on E-Bay!

HorrorfanTom
01-22-2020, 10:03 AM
Looking for a Letterpress REVIVAL proof. Missed that last one on E-Bay!

I just logged in to post the same! Glad I wasn't the only one who got outbid. After ur2ndbigestfan if someone has a proof let me know!!

willie3
01-22-2020, 12:00 PM
I ended up with that copy.
Sorry about that guys...

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-22-2020, 12:09 PM
Why you....Stephen King book collector you!

HorrorfanTom
01-22-2020, 01:59 PM
No apologies necessary! Glad it has found a good home!!

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-22-2020, 03:44 PM
I'm good, someone sold me one for my left arm, two Bic Macs and two tenths of my soul. The good news is I still have three sixteenths of my soul left and I'm right handed.

Aremag
01-27-2020, 10:05 AM
Looking for a Suntup Misery AGE. Looks like I found one.

vincent
02-02-2020, 12:33 AM
Has anyone ever seen or heard of manuscript photocopies of INSOMNIA out and about? I’ve never seen any.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

webstar1000
02-03-2020, 10:53 AM
Someone here had a flatsigned DT7 awhile back.... anyone remember who it was?

wizardsrainbow
02-03-2020, 05:01 PM
Someone here had a flatsigned DT7 awhile back.... anyone remember who it was?
Nope sorry, but I just bought a flatsigned DT VII by King AND Whelan for $199

amd013
02-10-2020, 09:45 AM
Looking for :

1st/1st Carrie
1st/1st Night Shift
Lettered Blockade Billy

Also looking for inexpensive SK themed bookmarks. Not anything fancy, as I intend to use and abuse them.

EDIT: added NS, as I deal I thought I had just fell through

dnemec
02-10-2020, 02:14 PM
Looking for :

1st/1st Carrie
1st/1st Night Shift
Lettered Blockade Billy

Also looking for inexpensive SK themed bookmarks. Not anything fancy, as I intend to use and abuse them.

EDIT: added NS, as I deal I thought I had just fell through

As for the bookmarks, I discovered this woman through one of my FB groups. She's a bit slow on the shipping, but she's got a ton of horror-themed bookmarks, including King ones. I have Pennywise, the twins, and King himself, as well as a bunch others. She has sales all the time and is frequently restocking. I'd get on her mailing list if you like what you see.

A Stranger Dream (http://www.astrangerdream.com/home?page=3)

Also recently bought this as a gift on Etsy at https://www.etsy.com/listing/735654856/redrum-bookmark

http://i.etsystatic.com/19385584/r/il/30b713/2067413468/il_794xN.2067413468_85er.jpg

webstar1000
02-11-2020, 11:40 AM
I am getting close to getting all the lettereds. Here is list if anyone wants to sell one:

1981 Danse Macabre 15
1981 Cujo 26
1982 Dark Tower I Gunslinger 35
1983 Christine 26
1984 Eyes Of the Dragon 52
1984 The Talisman 70
1990 The Stand 52
2000 Dystopia 26 (lettered only)
2004 Salems Lot Roman Numeral
2004 The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon 15
2007 The Colorado Kid 99 #'ed 1-33 x 3 artists (Chadbourne
2019 Shining Roman Numeral 10
2014 Carrie Deluxe 40th Anniversary edition - Lettered = 26

amd013
02-11-2020, 02:14 PM
I am getting close to getting all the lettereds. Here is list if anyone wants to sell one:

1981 Danse Macabre 15
1981 Cujo 26
1983 Christine 26
1984 The Talisman 70
1990 The Stand 52

Are you going for both variants of the "The Talisman" lettered? (the lettered "1-70" and the numbered "1-70")

webstar1000
02-11-2020, 02:34 PM

1981 Danse Macabre 15
1981 Cujo 26
1983 Christine 26
1984 The Talisman 70
1990 The Stand 52

Are you going for both variants of the "The Talisman" lettered? (the lettered "1-70" and the numbered "1-70")
Lettered :)

andyg75
02-13-2020, 01:06 PM
Looking for Colorado Kid PS (1/33 limitation) Potter version, either #3 or #4

MikeDuke
02-13-2020, 01:13 PM

1981 Danse Macabre 15
1981 Cujo 26
1983 Christine 26
1984 The Talisman 70
1990 The Stand 52
I can't help you but I just wanted to say congrats on getting close to a complete lettered set. It's pretty amazing.

OneFathom
02-13-2020, 03:13 PM

1981 Danse Macabre 15
1981 Cujo 26
1983 Christine 26
1984 The Talisman 70
1990 The Stand 52

I can help with the lettered Gunslinger - - - > LINK (http://heartwoodbooksandart.com/The-Dark-Tower-The-Gunslinger-by-Stephen-King-Lettered-State-AC_p_49655.html)

webstar1000
02-13-2020, 03:58 PM

1981 Danse Macabre 15
1981 Cujo 26
1983 Christine 26
1984 The Talisman 70
1990 The Stand 52

I can help with the lettered Gunslinger - - - > LINK (http://heartwoodbooksandart.com/The-Dark-Tower-The-Gunslinger-by-Stephen-King-Lettered-State-AC_p_49655.html)

Thanks Colin! I’ll have a gander at it:)

webstar1000
02-13-2020, 05:38 PM

1981 Danse Macabre 15
1981 Cujo 26
1983 Christine 26
1984 The Talisman 70
1990 The Stand 52

Not a chance. They want TOP TOP dollar and the jacket isn’t as new and there is no slipcase! They will never sell this for that kind of cash. Thanks but the hunt goes on!

amd013
02-14-2020, 09:55 AM

1981 Danse Macabre 15
1981 Cujo 26
1983 Christine 26
1984 The Talisman 70
1990 The Stand 52

Not a chance. They want TOP TOP dollar and the jacket isn’t as new and there is no slipcase! They will never sell this for that kind of cash. Thanks but the hunt goes on!

HMMM, this one is suspicious to me. First, I think I have seen that one somewhere (although that isn't suspicious). But if you look at the letter AC, the A does not look anything like the A shown in this page:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Gunslinger+The+DTI+-+Lettered+and+S+L

In fact the A in this lettered, looks suspiciously like a P with an extra leg, so I suspect this is a modified PC. Maybe that's why there is no slipcase.

Any other opinions? Anyone have a AA-AZ copy to compare the A to?

Also, I thought Gerald Winters had one for sale for 10K, but it is no longer listed. I am wondering if this is it, and this is why the AC seems familiar to me.

lotuz
02-14-2020, 01:09 PM
HMMM, this one is suspicious to me. First, I think I have seen that one somewhere (although that isn't suspicious). But if you look at the letter AC, the A does not look anything like the A shown in this page:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Gunslinger+The+DTI+-+Lettered+and+S+L

In fact the A in this lettered, looks suspiciously like a P with an extra leg, so I suspect this is a modified PC. Maybe that's why there is no slipcase.

Any other opinions? Anyone have a AA-AZ copy to compare the A to?

Also, I thought Gerald Winters had one for sale for 10K, but it is no longer listed. I am wondering if this is it, and this is why the AC seems familiar to me.

I agree that the "AC" looks awfully funny, especially next to the "AY" copy in the catalog. However, Very Fine Books had copy "AF" up for sale a while ago

https://www.veryfinebooks.com/Stephen_King_GUNSLINGER_Signed_Lettered_First_p/sk879.htm

and it also had a much different looking "A" than the one in the catalog. So it appears as though there were two letterers? The Heartwood Books one doesn't have a very clear picture, though, which doesn't help...

Hunchback Jack
02-14-2020, 01:42 PM
I tend to think the AC is genuine. The arch of the A looks like it was done in a single stroke, with the cross-bar done as a separate stroke. Also, if you take the right leg of the A away, the curve of the "P" doesn't look natural. Admittedly, the resolution of the image is pretty low, but thats my take.

HBJ

amd013
02-14-2020, 02:50 PM
Good points.

If what they say on the page regarding these being given out as gifts is correct, then that could explain it, as perhaps these were given out over a long period, and perhaps multiple people Lettered them.

Also, just yesterday I noticed something amusing. I was signing some financial documents, and it seemed when I wrote 2/13/20, the first two looked different from the second two. (much like Jeff pointed
out in his video regarding adding the missing number to his Suntup book), so it is even possible the same person did it.

webstar1000
02-14-2020, 03:11 PM
I will not be buying a lettered unless a single letter. I just don’t want to take any chances

surly
02-14-2020, 03:26 PM
I seem to recall there was a lettered STAND a while back with a similar discussion.
I always assumed the AC meant Author Copy.

sullichin
02-15-2020, 07:59 AM
Little change of pace from $11,000 lettered editions...

I saw this on Betts today and was intrigued:
Batman Anniversary Issue 400 special intro by Stephen King....Fine- $10 sold

Anyone have one of these they'd like to sell?

OneFathom
02-15-2020, 11:57 AM

Always plenty for sale on ebay. I'm sure you could get one for a very similar price/condition there.

WeDealInLead
02-15-2020, 01:36 PM

Always plenty for sale on ebay. I'm sure you could get one for a very similar price/condition there.

They're not hard to find. Check your local comic book store.

Ari_Racing
02-15-2020, 05:09 PM
You have several ones here:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0.A0.H0.Xbatma n+400.TRS0&_nkw=batman+400&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=stephen+king+rare

The intro by King is pretty cool.

Shannon
02-18-2020, 12:36 PM
TMSG.

That is all.

s0lace
02-18-2020, 07:18 PM
Looking for a VG, NF, or F Dead Zone 1/1. Please let me know if you've got one you can part with!

webstar1000
02-23-2020, 09:27 AM
UK Salem’s 1st

stroppygoblin
02-24-2020, 07:45 AM
I tend to think the AC is genuine. The arch of the A looks like it was done in a single stroke, with the cross-bar done as a separate stroke. Also, if you take the right leg of the A away, the curve of the "P" doesn't look natural. Admittedly, the resolution of the image is pretty low, but thats my take.

HBJ

I also agree its genuine. At first glance that A does look like its been modified and the fact its AC makes it seem worse, however if you look at this copy "AB" You can see the 'A' is identical.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_07732.JPG http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/922/Screenshot_2020-02-24_at_15_44_13.png

Kingfan24
03-04-2020, 04:40 PM
Looking for a Suntup Misery ARC

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-06-2020, 03:40 PM
Looking for the special Letterpress Patreon box the limited REVIVAL was shipped in and the Letterpress REVIVAL notepad...

and any other REVIVAL items I don't know about and I don't have.

andyg75
03-07-2020, 11:53 AM
Looking to buy Carrie PS Publishing Letter G if anyone knows where it is. I believe it was bought from Betts some years ago

larryfire
03-16-2020, 01:17 PM
I am in need of a Hearts In Suspension Cemetery Dance Slipcase. If you have an extra one that you are willing to sell, please contact me at larryfire@me.com

https://images.app.goo.gl/ftF6WxrpiJLUQRH39

THANKS

Randall Flagg
03-16-2020, 01:26 PM
We have a thread for wanted items.
Please put your post there.

Ari_Racing
03-16-2020, 05:00 PM
I took the liberty of moving the thread here.

Phalucha
03-22-2020, 05:02 AM
Still on the look out for issues of Ubris - especially the issue with Night Surf. Thanks!

wizardsrainbow
03-23-2020, 12:38 PM
I am in need of a Hearts In Suspension Cemetery Dance Slipcase. If you have an extra one that you are willing to sell, please contact me at larryfire@me.com

THANKS

gotcha covered

Brian861
03-23-2020, 09:34 PM

THANKS

gotcha covered

Literally :)

bdwyer19
03-24-2020, 03:48 PM
I’m looking for a new Cujo mask promo. My dog just destroyed the one I already have!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200324/bb8ce6afafaff70800e3a04e992b5de7.jpg

Brian861
03-24-2020, 03:59 PM
Were you wearing it and teasing the dog, Brian lol.

bdwyer19
03-24-2020, 04:02 PM
No, but my puppy has a thing about dogs on some kind of paper. He’s chewed up the Cujo mask, a Cesar Milan book, and my son’s “A Dog’s Purpose” paperback!

Brian861
03-24-2020, 04:10 PM
No, but my puppy has a thing about dogs on some kind of paper. He’s chewed up the Cujo mask, a Cesar Milan book, and my son’s “A Dog’s Purpose” paperback!

He's clearly establishing his dominance as the Alpha dog.

ExtremeWaysABA
03-27-2020, 09:53 PM
I've seen some comings and goings of lettered Red Dragon copies lately, and I have been in contact with a few of the great members here...always just slightly behind the curve, so to speak, when a copy pops up. I know that a lot of folks who have them ordered and coming in the fall are not looking to sell them immediately and I completely respect their desire to hold on to such a gorgeous edition. I just wanted to put a message out to all the good men and women on this forum and ask if over the coming months they're willing to sell their copy for a price that is not stratospheric, I'd be willing to work with a member to purchase a copy. I'm in no hurry, and waiting months is not an issue. On a related Suntup note, I was finally able to snag an elusive numbered copy of Misery from ruderabbit before joining others in a less-than-ideal employment situation. I wanted to thank ruderabbit for a great transaction. Thanks to everyone for reading this message and for helping me on my quest for my new "grail" book!

Merlin1958
03-29-2020, 07:31 AM

Man, that's a fucking interesting dog!!!! Imagine if you could talk to it!!! He's a keeper for sure. How is he with other live dogs? lol You should sit him in front of the TV and see what happens when you tune in "A Dog's Life" or something. lol

OneFathom
03-29-2020, 08:28 PM
Looking for any Dark Tower proofs (Plume, Grant, or Scribner).

Thanks!

Gid
03-30-2020, 12:22 AM
Hello
Looking for a number of slipcases.
Mr. Mercedes
End of watch
Revival
Sleeping beauties
Duma key

webstar1000
03-30-2020, 09:21 AM
Anyone have a Salems lot traycase? Like a collector one for the trade? I have located a really nice copy and want a case for it:)
EDIT: Just bought one from collector site!

webstar1000
04-01-2020, 09:58 AM
Looking for AGNST and SIE. Thanks

jreitan47
04-01-2020, 05:43 PM
Hey folks - I work in one of Oregon's many prisons (one of fourteen!), but we house one of the largest libraries and only one of two walk-in prison libraries in the entire state. While my primary job is running a mail room, I sometimes substitute for the library coordinator so I get to spend some time in there with the inmates and the library clerks. We have a huge horror section and quite a few Stephen King fans among the population but we're missing quite a few of his books. I'd like to see a complete King section for the guys to catch up on their King fixes. While we have a wide range of offenders (as all prisons do), reading is one of the few outlets for a lot of these guys...some of whom are celled up for up to 23 hours a day. Needless to say...reading is a life saver for many and helps keep a lot of guys out of trouble or helping them gain an education. Plus, a lot are life-long King fans that have no money to buy the new titles.

Here are the books we are missing:

-The Long Walk
-Roadwork
-Christine
-Cycle of the Werewolf
-Tommyknockers
-Bag of Bones
-On Writing
-Secret Windows
-DT 7: The Dark Tower
-Fairthful
-Colorado Kid
-Blaze
-Blockade Billy
-Revival
-Finders Keepers
-Bazaar of Bad Dreams
-End of Watch
-Sleeping Beauties
-Outsider
-Elevation
-The Institute

If you have any extra copies...reading copies...paperbacks...ex-library copies...large print copies...beat up hardbacks with no dust jackets...etc...we will take them! (please no collectible editions). We even have an old guy who spends all day repairing and rebinding beat up editions so we'll seriously take anything! We will also take anthologies and books about King. I've donated quite a few but there are many more I'm sure they don't have. Please EMAIL ME at JonathanReitan@gmail.com as I can't acccess the PM's here during the day (my computer at work blocks me from logging in) and I can send you our address. THANK YOU for anyone that's able to help out!

OneFathom
04-03-2020, 07:02 PM
Anyone have a jacket-less 1st Gunslinger (Grant) they're willing to part with?

darkseer
04-04-2020, 09:14 AM
Hey folks - I work in one of Oregon's many prisons (one of fourteen!), but we house one of the largest libraries and only one of two walk-in prison libraries in the entire state. While my primary job is running a mail room, I sometimes substitute for the library coordinator so I get to spend some time in there with the inmates and the library clerks. We have a huge horror section and quite a few Stephen King fans among the population but we're missing quite a few of his books. I'd like to see a complete King section for the guys to catch up on their King fixes. While we have a wide range of offenders (as all prisons do), reading is one of the few outlets for a lot of these guys...some of whom are celled up for up to 23 hours a day. Needless to say...reading is a life saver for many and helps keep a lot of guys out of trouble or helping them gain an education. Plus, a lot are life-long King fans that have no money to buy the new titles.

Here are the books we are missing:

-The Long Walk
-Roadwork
-Christine
-Cycle of the Werewolf
-Tommyknockers
-Bag of Bones
-On Writing
-Secret Windows
-DT 7: The Dark Tower
-Fairthful
-Colorado Kid
-Blaze
-Blockade Billy
-Revival
-Finders Keepers
-Bazaar of Bad Dreams
-End of Watch
-Sleeping Beauties
-Outsider
-Elevation
-The Institute

If you have any extra copies...reading copies...paperbacks...ex-library copies...large print copies...beat up hardbacks with no dust jackets...etc...we will take them! (please no collectible editions). We even have an old guy who spends all day repairing and rebinding beat up editions so we'll seriously take anything! We will also take anthologies and books about King. I've donated quite a few but there are many more I'm sure they don't have. Please EMAIL ME at JonathanReitan@gmail.com as I can't acccess the PM's here during the day (my computer at work blocks me from logging in) and I can send you our address. THANK YOU for anyone that's able to help out!

I never realized Oregon was such a hotbed of criminal activity. :orely:

webstar1000
04-08-2020, 05:11 AM
Looking to fill these gaps....

1981 Danse Macabre letter
1981 Cujo letter
1982 Dark Tower I Gunslinger letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
2004 The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Letter
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

Cook
04-08-2020, 06:35 AM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

I know where three of these are at a very very reasonable price.
Are these for you personally or are they for somebody else?

webstar1000
04-08-2020, 06:47 AM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

ALL for me.

bdwyer19
04-08-2020, 07:24 AM
I’m confused. I thought that when you obtained Dystopia, you had completed your Lettered collection.

webstar1000
04-08-2020, 07:32 AM
I’m confused. I thought that when you obtained Dystopia, you had completed your Lettered collection.

I never stated that I had finished getting all the lettereds. LOL I WISH. What that was... was when King signed a letter and not a number. I needed Carrie and Dystopia forever to do this and got Carrie then Dystopia not long after. While that was going on I was trying to get the lettereds when they differed from the numbered. As you can see from my list.. all that is left is Romans. Then there are letters that are the same other than destination of number or letter. Hope that makes sense. After this list I would have Kings main body of work.. all number and letter. Hope I make some sense there Brian. haha

AliI-N-wonderland
04-08-2020, 09:46 AM
Hello, all. I still have some books from my collection that I need to sell. Unless noted otherwise all books are unread and in tight perfect condition. Email me at acarson000000@gmail.com for pricing or to make an offer. Reasonable offers won't be refused 🙂
- 11/22/63 hand signed in blue ink by SK
-.Regulators/Desperation set (both first printings)
- Secretary of Dreams Vol.1 Gift Edition
-Secretary of Dreams Vol. 2 artist signed gift edition
- Riding the Bullet first limited edition printing
- Creep Show magazine first printing
- The Gunslinger PB first plume printing 1988
- The Talisman #159 of 3,500 signed by Peter straub and
Rick berry
-Full Dark No Stars gift edition
- DT: Wind Through the Keyhole - artist signed edition
- Desperation gift edition
-Eyes of the Dragon - first publishing
-The Dark Man slipcased hardcover edition w/bookmark
-Joyland first edition PB but in slipcase

Cook
04-08-2020, 09:57 AM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

ALL for me.

Please post pricing you are willing to pay for each one and I will see if this individual is interested in selling.
All are as new mint of course.
If the price is right they might sell more than the three I’m thinking of, its quite a collection.
I will not be adding an up charge.

In answer to the next question.. this individual does not have asking prices because the lettered are generally not for sale..
But if I have an offer to bring to them, they “might” sell

Lot guy
04-08-2020, 11:32 AM
Hello, all. I still have some books from my collection that I need to sell. Unless noted otherwise all books are unread and in tight perfect condition. Email me at acarson000000@gmail.com for pricing or to make an offer. Reasonable offers won't be refused 🙂
- 11/22/63 hand signed in blue ink by SK
-.Regulators/Desperation set (both first printings)
- Secretary of Dreams Vol.1 Gift Edition
-Secretary of Dreams Vol. 2 artist signed gift edition
- Riding the Bullet first limited edition printing
- Creep Show magazine first printing
- The Gunslinger PB first plume printing 1988
- The Talisman #159 of 3,500 signed by Peter straub and
Rick berry
-Full Dark No Stars gift edition
- DT: Wind Through the Keyhole - artist signed edition
- Desperation gift edition
-Eyes of the Dragon - first publishing
-The Dark Man slipcased hardcover edition w/bookmark
-Joyland first edition PB but in slipcase

Hi interested in Joyland and fdns gift, send me a pm

George at C-Springs
04-08-2020, 12:39 PM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter*
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman*
2004 Salems Lot Roman
2004 The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Letter*
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

Hey Kris, check out my "Holy Wow" post ... opportunity of a lifetime.

webstar1000
04-08-2020, 12:50 PM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter*
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman*
2004 Salems Lot Roman
2004 The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Letter*
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

Hey Kris, check out my "Holy Wow" post ... opportunity of a lifetime.

Yes that is my buddy:)

Cook
04-09-2020, 09:34 AM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

ALL for me.

Please post pricing you are willing to pay for each one and I will see if this individual is interested in selling.
If the price is right they might sell more than the three I’m thinking of, its quite a collection.

In answer to the next question.. this individual does not have asking prices because the lettered are generally not for sale..

Looking for some opinions on pricing for the Lettered's listed.
Below is Kris's guesstimate for the Lettered's he's looking to acquire, please share input.. Looking for honest value before I meet w/potential seller.
Thanks

Message from Kris on pricing:

"Here is my best guess. I have no idea Rich.. not sold often. See if there is any he will sell. THanks"

1981 Danse Macabre letter - $4500
1981 Cujo letter - $2000
Gunslinger letter - $7500
1983 Christine letter - $2000
1984 The Talisman letter - $1750
1990 The Stand letter - $3500
1997 Six Stories Roman - $1200
2004 Salems Lot Roman - $12000
2004 The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Letter - $1750
SIE Bootleg - $1200
ANGST Bootleg - $750

Roseannebarr
04-09-2020, 09:42 AM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

ALL for me.

Below is Kris's guesstimate for the Lettered's he's looking to acquire, please share input.. Looking for honest value before I meet w/potential seller.
Thanks

"Here is my best guess. I have no idea Rich.. not sold often. See if there is any he will sell. THanks"

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
SIE Bootleg - $1200
ANGST Bootleg - $750

I will take 2 gunslinger lettered at that price!

Randall Flagg
04-09-2020, 09:42 AM
IMO, TGWLTG lettered should be valued higher. There were only 15 done (much like Danse Macabre) for private distribution. I'd say $2.5K

webstar1000
04-09-2020, 10:07 AM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
SIE Bootleg - $1200
ANGST Bootleg - $750

You won't even buy the S/L I offered (and at $5450!!!) so how will you take two lettered at that price? LOL I offered you one AND payments and you said no. :orely: These are prices I WOULD feel comfortable paying (and during these times).

Roseannebarr
04-09-2020, 10:57 AM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
SIE Bootleg - $1200
ANGST Bootleg - $750

You won't even buy the S/L I offered (and at $5450!!!) so how will you take two lettered at that price? LOL I offered you one AND payments and you said no. :orely: These are prices I WOULD feel comfortable paying (and during these times).

Mr. Cook asked our opinion and that is the only one I felt comfortable answering about. Yes I would be VERY comfortable paying $7500 for a lettered Gunslinger. Especially because people keep telling me a signed #'d one is worth $6500. An amount I am not willing to pay for a number. I have not seen a lettered Gunslinger for sale in a LONG time!!!!!

I truly appreciate your offer of a S/L Gunslinger 1 for $5450 with no slipcase. I think I said thank you, but I plan on waiting for a JOB and one with a slipcase. This is my holy grail and plan on saving and doing this one right. Besides the PS Publishing books it will be the MOST expensive book I ever bought.

Being laid off STINKS. $1500 - $2000 month missing from my budget each month.

webstar1000
04-09-2020, 10:58 AM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
SIE Bootleg - $1200
ANGST Bootleg - $750

Mr. Cook asked our opinion and that is the only one I felt comfortable answering about. Yes I would be VERY comfortable paying $7500 for a lettered Gunslinger. Especially because people keep telling me a signed one is worth $6500. An amount I am not willing to pay for a number. I have not seen a lettered Gunslinger for sale in a LONG time!!!!!

I truly appreciate your offer of a S/L Gunslinger 1 for $5450 with no slipcase. I think I said thank you, but I plan on waiting for a JOB and one with a slipcase. This is my holy grail and plan on saving and doing this one right. Besides the PS Publishing books it will be the MOST expensive book I ever bought.

Being laid off STINKS. $1500 - $2000 month missing from my budget each month.

Yep sure does. I hope you get back to work soon. It’s Driving me slowly insane.

Roseannebarr
04-09-2020, 11:00 AM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
SIE Bootleg - $1200
ANGST Bootleg - $750

Correct. NO SLIPCASE is a non starter for me. Learned that in KING collecting class 101. Others may want it, good luck with the sale!

webstar1000
04-09-2020, 11:01 AM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
SIE Bootleg - $1200
ANGST Bootleg - $750

Correct. NO SLIPCASE is a non starter for me. Learned that in KING collecting class 101. Others may want it, good luck with the sale!

It’s already sold:)

Johnny007
04-09-2020, 12:59 PM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
SIE Bootleg - $1200
ANGST Bootleg - $750

These books are rarely offered. Most had limitations to 26 or less. Chris C. had all but the TGWLTG lettered and Angst in his collection sold in 2006 by Stu. In fact, I've never seen a lettered TGWLTG offered anywhere. But here are ballpark prices for normal times. You would be lucky to get a "very, very reasonable" price or "discount" on any of these rare items.

Danse Macabre -- $8K in F/F/F condition. I think Mike P. sold his copy for $10K and I bought a less than F/F/F copy for $6K
Cujo -- $3K minimum. I think CC's copy went for $1.8K 14 years ago. My copy as $2.7K a few years back
Dark Tower I The Gunslinger -- $10K in F/F/F condition. There might be some wiggle room downward...but not much.
Christine -- $3K minimum. Same as Cujo. I got a bargain 15 years ago.
The Talisman -- $2.5K ballpark. Don't see many of these either. My copy cost $1.8K 15 years ago.
The Stand -- $3.5K - $4K minimum. I sold an extra copy for $3K (letter T) a few years ago. Haven't seen one since. I still have Peter Schneider's copy (letter A). It was $4.5K in CC's sale.
Six Stories -- $2.5K - $3K ballpark. I paid up 15 years ago because of the provenance and the association. You might get one for less than my ballpark.
Salem's Lot -- Black is minimum $14K since that was a recent sale and a huge bargain. I'm on record saying that a black Roman is a $17.5K - $20K book. Add at least $5K for a red Roman.
TGWLTG -- no precedent that I'm aware of. Only 15 signed...but not as sought-after as Danse Macabre. I know of one copy and I agreed to buy it this summer as part of a larger purchase. Therefore, I don't want to give a price other than to say that the numbers discussed are way below what I will pay.
Sie -- $3K - $4K depending upon the seller. I bought one from an Austrian dealer for less than $2.5K but I had to pay up to replace it.

I have no idea about Angst. I believe Stockerlone offered a price range a few days ago. I hope there are some successful transactions and I hope this helps.

John

MikeDuke
04-09-2020, 01:11 PM
Wow, there are some big numbers in that list. I guess I will stay in my end of the pool and stick with numbers.

webstar1000
04-09-2020, 01:46 PM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
SIE Bootleg - $1200
ANGST Bootleg - $750

These books are rarely offered. Most had limitations to 26 or less. Chris C. had all but the TGWLTG lettered and Angst in his collection sold in 2006 by Stu. In fact, I've never seen a lettered TGWLTG offered anywhere. But here are ballpark prices for normal times. You would be lucky to get a "very, very reasonable" price or "discount" on any of these rare items.

Danse Macabre -- $8K in F/F/F condition. I think Mike P. sold his copy for $10K and I bought a less than F/F/F copy for $6K
Cujo -- $3K minimum. I think CC's copy went for $1.8K 14 years ago. My copy as $2.7K a few years back
Dark Tower I The Gunslinger -- $10K in F/F/F condition. There might be some wiggle room downward...but not much.
The Talisman -- $2.5K ballpark. Don't see many of these either. My copy cost $1.8K 15 years ago.
The Stand -- $3.5K - $4K minimum. I sold an extra copy for $3K (letter T) a few years ago. Haven't seen one since. I still have Peter Schneider's copy (letter A). It was $4.5K in CC's sale.
Six Stories -- $2.5K - $3K ballpark. I paid up 15 years ago because of the provenance and the association. You might get one for less than my ballpark.
Salem's Lot -- Black is minimum $14K since that was a recent sale and a huge bargain. I'm on record saying that a black Roman is a $17.5K - $20K book. Add at least $5K for a red Roman.
TGWLTG -- no precedent that I'm aware of. Only 15 signed...but not as sought-after as Danse Macabre. I know of one copy and I agreed to buy it this summer as part of a larger purchase. Therefore, I don't want to give a price other than to say that the numbers discussed are way below what I will pay.
Sie -- $3K - $4K depending upon the seller. I bought one from an Austrian dealer for less than $2.5K but I had to pay up to replace it.

I have no idea about Angst. I believe Stockerlone offered a price range a few days ago. I hope there are some successful transactions and I hope this helps.

John

Damm. I’m out for most of those at that price range.

Johnny007
04-09-2020, 02:11 PM
Kris,

You don't have to buy them all today...and you might find someone with a lettered book that you can buy over time. Good luck and stay safe!

John

webstar1000
04-09-2020, 02:13 PM
Kris,

You don't have to buy them all today...and you might find someone with a lettered book that you can buy over time. Good luck and stay safe!

John

Oh I can’t! Haha I sold a slinger s/l so have a few dollars and books make me so happy so I’m hopeful for one MAYBE two. That’s all:) hope you are well too my friend. Stay well and safe.

sentinel
04-09-2020, 04:26 PM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
SIE Bootleg - $1200
ANGST Bootleg - $750

John

John or Kris or anyone,
Help me understand. I am a huge collector, but I cannot justify in my mind why lettered copies of Cujo, Christine, Danse Macabre, The Stand etc... would be worth more than the numbered????
Obviously, because people are willing to pay more!
I don't know why anyone would pay more for the letter than the number when the books are exactly the same! I am happy to own all the Lettered editions of every book that is different. Beautiful editions for
Regulators, Skeleton Crew and of course Misery and others.
Maybe it's me and I just can't relate. I buy stuff all the time and pay significant $$$ I just can't figure out why a letter makes those editions more valuable IMHO??

webstar1000
04-09-2020, 04:28 PM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
SIE Bootleg - $1200
ANGST Bootleg - $750

John

John or Kris or anyone,
Help me understand. I am a huge collector, but I cannot justify in my mind why lettered copies of Cujo, Christine, Danse Macabre, The Stand etc... would be worth more than the numbered????
I don't know why anyone would pay more for the letter than the number when the books are exactly the same! I am happy to own all the Lettered editions of every book that is different. Beautiful editions for
Maybe it's me and I just can't relate. I buy stuff all the time and pay significant $$$ I just can't figure out why a letter makes those editions more valuable IMHO??

I have to agree. Hence my $ amounts. Perhaps a bit more.. but damm! Just a number v letter?

kingfan2323
04-09-2020, 05:11 PM
Rarity and collecting usually go hand in hand right?

surly
04-09-2020, 05:39 PM
John or Kris or anyone,

Lettered editions have evolved in to more exclusive versions, with higher production values, but i believe their original role was for private distribution by the author to close associates. Therefore the early lettered are considered association copies which makes them more desirable, even though the only visible difference is the letter.

Alec
04-09-2020, 06:15 PM
A 1931 $20 Gold Double Eagle is worth about half the value of the same coin dated 1930.
Again it’s an identical coin with just one digit difference.

kingfan2323
04-09-2020, 06:55 PM
A 1931 $20 Gold Double Eagle is worth about half the value of the same coin dated 1930.
Again it’s an identical coin with just one digit difference.1930 is more rare I assume?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-09-2020, 11:16 PM
I'm glad my lettered editions have gone up so much in value.

Roseannebarr said, "Being laid off STINKS. $1500 - $2000 month missing from my budget each month."

I just got my P60 form which is the UK earnings and tax paid yearly. I earned £8,400 for the whole year.

Br!an
04-10-2020, 04:19 AM

To me that's different. The coins are different and struck in different years. The books are identical and printed at the same time.

Kerry, the only difference I see is the value placed upon the letter by collectors. There is no inherent value. There is an artificial value created by the fact there are people willing to pay more for the letter.

Johnny007
04-10-2020, 06:09 AM
Surly hit the nail on the head. The early lettered editions were "set aside," so to speak, for those in the King circle who either had something to do with the publishing or sale of the book or someone close to King. They were not offered to the public for sale. And that's just as different as coins struck in different years.

The "artificial value created by the fact there are people willing to pay more for the letter" is simply called supply and demand. If these lettered books are differentiated only by a letter or a number, then why aren't there more opportunities to buy them? Why don't we see more lettered Plants, or lettered EOTDs, red numbered CP Salem's Lot?

I appreciate collector's different perspective on this issue. It's been discussed many times before and there are differing opinions, to be sure. So whether or not my estimates are accurate remains to be seen. I gave context for my numbers so you can take it for what it is. I won't get dragged into an argument about how collectors determine value on various items, though. I've said enough on this topic. Good luck in finding the best deal out there for everyone!

John

Alec
04-10-2020, 06:12 AM
Brian, I completely understand the rationale of your logic regarding limited and lettered.
The collecting world of books is open to a myriad of opinions, it is not “one size fits all”.
I suppose it’s one of the reasons that makes it so personal and diverse.

sentinel
04-10-2020, 07:46 AM

To me that's different. The coins are different and struck in different years. The books are identical and printed at the same time.

Kerry, the only difference I see is the value placed upon the letter by collectors. There is no inherent value. There is an artificial value created by the fact there are people willing to pay more for the letter.

Brian, you are right on, that's the bottom line.

Johnny & Surly, I see your point and agree sort of. I have many signed books because of association signatures and inscriptions and yes the lettered versions did go to important people in King's life but who?
At least with EOTD or NLR we know who and it's "value" is the person of relationship. A lettered Cujo is nice but doesn't mean anything because you don't know who owned it (most of the time).

I appreciate different collector's perspective also. Over the years I've had the opportunity to buy all of the lettereds and always found something else I prized more, that's collecting! :thumbsup:

OneFathom
04-10-2020, 09:38 AM
Looking for the PLUME ARC of DTIV Wizard and Glass!

Happy to buy/trade for it. Thanks.!

lotuz
04-10-2020, 09:52 AM
Perhaps this is a question that deserves its own thread, but does anyone know when the "shift" occurred? By this I mean the change from a lettered designation meaning a not-for-sale or association copy to a more exclusive version with higher production values? The earliest lettered book that I'm aware of for which the lettered designation took on the more modern "higher production value" meaning was the first Charnel House release in 1989. It seems like most of the books (King, at least) that Kris mentioned are from the 1980s, with the last in 1990, and then by 1996 when The Regulators was released, we were firmly in the "modern" era.

Was Joe really the first publisher to draw this distinct line for the modern use of lettered editions? I mean my guess is "no"... maybe he was the first to use a letter to designate his deluxe versions, but there had to have been publishers prior to 1989 that was doing both "regular" and "deluxe" editions, right? I'm so steeped in the genre world (when it comes to limited editions) and probably the first person to do this was not a horror publisher so it's not on my radar. I mean I'm definitely willing to give him credit for popularizing the convention - he was doing amazing stuff in the 1990s before a lot of other small publishers caught on and deserves some big kudos for pushing the small press publishing game forward. But when we talk about the current modern convention - a nicely produced limited edition book, typically with a run of 1000 or less, being designated with a number, and an even nicer, even more limited book, with a max run of 52 or less, being designated by a number, produced by the same publisher in roughly the same time frame - was there someone doing this before The Stress of Her Regard came out in 1989?

firemonkey66
04-10-2020, 10:38 AM
Was the lettered asbestos Firestarter an association copy edition? That one was markedly different from the numbered version, and if I remember correctly, was sold publicly.

Randall Flagg
04-10-2020, 10:41 AM
Lord John Press did Dolan's Cadillac in 1989. The lettered was bound completely different than the two "lower" styles of the numbered.
Of course Firestarter (1980) with the "asbestos" DJ could be considered, but the book block itself was the same as the S/L.

The chronological list of SK's signed limited books might be of assistance.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Complete+list+of+Stephen+King+S igned+Limiteds

lotuz
04-10-2020, 11:05 AM
Was the lettered asbestos Firestarter an association copy edition? That one was markedly different from the numbered version, and if I remember correctly, was sold publicly.

Lord John Press did Dolan's Cadillac in 1989. The lettered was bound completely different than the two "lower" styles of the numbered.
Of course Firestarter (1980) with the "asbestos" DJ could be considered, but the book block itself was the same as the S/L.

The chronological list of SK's signed limited books might be of assistance.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Complete+list+of+Stephen+King+S igned+Limiteds

Oooooooo - good call guys! Even with the book block the same, I'd definitely consider Firestarter to follow the "modern" convention. And it was 1980! Looking at the other S/L books from 1980-1989, it looks like only Firestarter and Dolan's Cadillac use that convention, and all the other books use letters to designate internal copies.

Either way, this moves the date up from 1989 at Charnel House to 1980 at Phantasia Press. It looks like Phantasia Press started publishing in 1978 but I don't recognize a lot of their earlier output so I'm not sure if "deluxe" editions were something they regularly did or was something special for Firestarter. Either way that gives me a good idea of how to keep digging...

I can't give either of you positive feedback right now but thank you!

Would love to hear from people who have older Phantasia books (cough, Steve?, cough) if they have any other lettered editions that were "deluxe"...

wizardsrainbow
04-10-2020, 12:34 PM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
SIE Bootleg - $1200
ANGST Bootleg - $750

John

I bought Mike Pasiuk's Lettered Danse over a year ago (i got a good deal).....$6,500 and bought his Angst for $1,600

I sold a Lettered Stand for $5,800 not too long ago

Lettered Gunslinger agreed around $10k
Cujo/Christine agree around $3,000
Agree with Johnny on Talisman, Six Stories and GWLTG

Salem's Lot Roman....one just sold (black) for $14,000 agree red maybe $5k higher

firemonkey66
04-10-2020, 12:44 PM
Lotuz, there was also the Scream Press zippered lettered Skeleton Crew In 1985. I didn’t want to quote that last post because it’s getting kind of bulky:)

Randall Flagg
04-10-2020, 12:56 PM
The lettered was in fact bound in leather with a zipper opening. There is also the pubisher's personal "check copy" 1/1. Try wrestling that one from Bob Jackson's hands.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1358288428-skeleton%20crew%201%20of%201.jpg

MikeDuke
04-10-2020, 01:03 PM
Not to de-rail the thread but I would love a lettered of some of these books but a mans got to know his limitations.
Carry on.

Br!an
04-10-2020, 01:55 PM
Not to de-rail the thread but I would love a lettered of some of these books but a mans got to know his limitations.
Carry on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0

amd013
04-10-2020, 02:44 PM

1981 Cujo letter
1983 Christine letter
1984 The Talisman letter
1990 The Stand letter
1997 Six Stories Roman
2004 Salems Lot Roman
SIE Bootleg
ANGST Bootleg

ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
SIE Bootleg - $1200
ANGST Bootleg - $750

John

I bought Mike Pasiuk's Lettered Danse over a year ago (i got a good deal).....$6,500 and bought his Angst for $1,600

I sold a Lettered Stand for $5,800 not too long ago

Lettered Gunslinger agreed around $10k
Cujo/Christine agree around $3,000
Agree with Johnny on Talisman, Six Stories and GWLTG

Salem's Lot Roman....one just sold (black) for $14,000 agree red maybe $5k higher

Just to add some more data points on this:

I have 2 "Lettered" copies of the Talisman (one number 1/70, one letter 1/70), one I bought for $1500 (2016), and the other I bought from David for an amount I don't recall (2016).
I bought the TGWLTG for $3000
I bought a roman # Six Stories for $900 in 2015 (guess I got lucky on that one)
Lettered Stand I got for $3800 from Mike P.

Br!an
04-10-2020, 03:04 PM
Was Joe really the first publisher to draw this distinct line for the modern use of lettered editions? I mean my guess is "no"... maybe he was the first to use a letter to designate his deluxe versions, but there had to have been publishers prior to 1989 that was doing both "regular" and "deluxe" editions, right?

There have been deluxe and limited editions for over a hundred years. I've seen very early low print run editions (10-25) designated with Roman numerals from the early 20th century. At some point a publisher realized they could publish 26 copies and use a letter designation. I don't know when that occurred though. I do know that there were lettered editions published in the 1960s.

Johnny007
04-11-2020, 07:45 AM
Just a clarification regarding the different numbers re: lettered Danse Macabre.

I made the assumption that Mike P. had only one lettered Danse Macabre copy and stated in my original comment that he sold "his" copy. I based my comment on an e-mail I received on 29 January 2018 where he stated in response to a question I had about the availability some items:

"I sold my Lettered Danse for $10000.
Uk Carrie mine is not signed.
I have s marching COTW and portfolio but not cheap."

I should have stated that he sold "a" copy since he sold a copy to David at a different price.

Having multiple copies of items is not unusual. Another collector had at least 2, if not 3, copies of the lettered Danse. And two of them now reside at different locations in the UK. I hope that clarifies any confusion or any questions regarding the lettered Danse Macabre.

John

Cook
04-11-2020, 09:48 PM
I want to thank everybody for the input regarding my inquiry into reality based pricing for Stephen King Lettered Editions.
I personally felt uncomfortable approaching these folks with inaccurate "best guesses" pricing.
After many very informative conversations via email, telephone, texts & PM's, I've come to the obvious conclusion to NOT pursue this any longer.
My collecting for the most part has not included Lettereds editions (I only have a couple) so I was/am unfamiliar with honest pricing.
So I apologize to the parties that were interested & hope you understand.

webstar1000
04-12-2020, 03:24 AM
I want to thank everybody for the input regarding my inquiry into reality based pricing for Stephen King Lettered Editions.
I personally felt uncomfortable approaching these folks with inaccurate "best guesses" pricing.
After many very informative conversations via email, telephone, texts & PM's, I've come to the obvious conclusion to NOT pursue this any longer.
My collecting for the most part has not included Lettereds editions (I only have a couple) so I was/am unfamiliar with honest pricing.

You could have sent me a private message. I was the interested party. Somehow I’m not surprised by this stunt and called this outcome RIGHT from the start. SMH

willie3
04-12-2020, 05:03 AM
Been very interesting and informative following this lettered pricing discussion.

I find two things puzzling though...
1) Webstar1000, you are always one of the first posters when someone asks about a price on an SK volume, but on all these Lettered editions you were 50% low in some cases, and then professed lack of knowledge regarding pricing.
2) In another thread, you lamented about you being laid off due to the pandemic, but you are trying to purchase better than $38k worth of books, “for me”.

Not surprised either it ended this way, but again, learned a lot.

webstar1000
04-12-2020, 05:11 AM
Been very interesting and informative following this lettered pricing discussion.

I find two things puzzling though...
1) Webstar1000, you are always one of the first posters when someone asks about a price on an SK volume, but on all these Lettered editions you were 50% low in some cases, and then professed lack of knowledge regarding pricing.
2) In another thread, you lamented about you being laid off due to the pandemic, but you are trying to purchase better than $38k worth of books, “for me”.

Not surprised either it ended this way, but again, learned a lot.

1) I was asked what I was comfortable to pay. I stated such. The books I need are not sold very often. AND pricing large purchases during a pandemic....
2) where did you read I was going to buy these all at once? Honestly where did I state that? I sold a S/L Slinger I had and had enough to get one maybe two.

PS: Glad you learned a lot.

Cook
04-12-2020, 06:48 AM

You could have sent me a private message. I was the interested party. Somehow I’m not surprised by this stunt and called this outcome RIGHT from the start. SMH

Seriously ??
Kris, is everything always just about you?

andyg75
04-12-2020, 08:55 AM
Carrie PS Publishing Lettered G, anyone?

Fsmdr
04-12-2020, 05:44 PM
SOD vol 1 S/L
Doctor Sleep S/L

MikeDuke
04-13-2020, 06:19 AM
Carry on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0
Yep. That's the one and that's me. Knowing my limitations. Not being Clint.

lotuz
04-13-2020, 10:41 AM
Was Joe really the first publisher to draw this distinct line for the modern use of lettered editions? I mean my guess is "no"... maybe he was the first to use a letter to designate his deluxe versions, but there had to have been publishers prior to 1989 that was doing both "regular" and "deluxe" editions, right?

There have been deluxe and limited editions for over a hundred years. I've seen very early low print run editions (10-25) designated with Roman numerals from the early 20th century. At some point a publisher realized they could publish 26 copies and use a letter designation. I don't know when that occurred though. I do know that there were lettered editions published in the 1960s.

This is good info and gives me a rough place to start when I get the chance to do some more research! I was doubtful that this was something that was brand new in the 1980s, because I know that my sample is very biased by my collecting habits (signed limited books from the 1980s and later, essentially). But I did some cursory searches and just didn't find much. Obviously I'm going to have to dig deeper and get pretty far outside my own area of semi-quasi-sorta-expertise :)

Scoogs
04-13-2020, 01:52 PM

This is good info and gives me a rough place to start when I get the chance to do some more research! I was doubtful that this was something that was brand new in the 1980s, because I know that my sample is very biased by my collecting habits (signed limited books from the 1980s and later, essentially). But I did some cursory searches and just didn't find much. Obviously I'm going to have to dig deeper and get pretty far outside my own area of semi-quasi-sorta-expertise :)

I'm interested to hear what you will be able to find.
Despite my signature below, I've never actually researched the limited editions that Mark Twain signed and have no idea if there were lettered versions or not.

Br!an
04-13-2020, 05:11 PM

I'm interested to hear what you will be able to find.
Despite my signature below, I've never actually researched the limited editions that Mark Twain signed and have no idea if there were lettered versions or not.

I know of no lettered Twain. That doesn't mean they don't exist though. There were multiple limiteds. He made a rather famous quote about limited editions and how nobody reads them.

kingfan2323
04-15-2020, 04:30 PM
Book found. Thx

kingfan2323
04-18-2020, 01:20 PM
Have copies to trade and Looking for #246 of:
Dark Man S/L
Dark Man Art Portfolio
Wizard and Glass UK S/L
TWTTKH UK "gift edition" of 700 copies
Wasteland Portfolio
DT: The Complete Concordance
Road to the Dark Tower

Appreciate people checking. Thx

seeking: anything DT related #246

frik
04-19-2020, 06:32 AM
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/924/grKeYA.jpg

This is my PS Potter The Colorado Kid edition. Looking for the matching Chadbourne and Miller versions.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

sk

Randall Flagg
04-19-2020, 07:15 AM
Congratulations. Hard book to obtain. I tried for years to find a matching PC set. Best I could get was two PC, and one blank copy.

frik
04-19-2020, 08:09 AM
Congratulations. Hard book to obtain.

Thanks RF, but it has been in my collection for a couple of years.
Just thought a matching set was long overdue.
But like you said, (very) hard to obtain.

sk

sk

andyg75
04-19-2020, 10:34 AM
Congratulations. Hard book to obtain. I tried for years to find a matching PC set. Best I could get was two PC, and one blank copy.

There’s a PC Miller on Abe at the moment

andyg75
04-19-2020, 10:35 AM
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/924/grKeYA.jpg

This is my PS Potter The Colorado Kid edition. Looking for the matching Chadbourne and Miller versions.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

sk

Good luck with the search

andyg75
04-19-2020, 10:35 AM
I’m looking for the U.K. S/L of Wizard & Glass, number 157, to complete my Dark Tower collection. It’s probably a pipe dream, but if anyone has one, could you check your numbers and let me know if you have it? I’d be happy to pay, or I have number 156 and 187, either of which I can trade, and I’ll pay shipping both ways.

As a completist, if anyone has number 157 of the UK Charlie the Choo Choo too, that would also be great. I have a couple of those too, so I can trade and pay shipping as above.

Here’s hoping 🤞🤞

andyg75
04-19-2020, 11:42 AM
I’m looking for the U.K. S/L of Wizard & Glass, number 157, to complete my Dark Tower collection. It’s probably a pipe dream, but if anyone has one, could you check your numbers and let me know if you have it? I’d be happy to pay, or I have number 156 and 187, either of which I can trade, and I’ll pay shipping both ways.

As a completist, if anyone has number 157 of the UK Charlie the Choo Choo too, that would also be great. I have a couple of those too, so I can trade and pay shipping as above.

Here’s hoping 🤞🤞

Oh, and while I’m asking, Carrie PS Lettered G...

Randall Flagg
04-19-2020, 12:39 PM

The Miller one I have is undesignated.
Link to the ABE one?

oxfordcomma
04-19-2020, 02:13 PM

Link to the ABE one?

I have information about this book which may be of some use to you.
Please email or PM for more.

Randall Flagg
04-19-2020, 02:37 PM
Email sent

oxfordcomma
04-19-2020, 02:45 PM
Email sent

...response sent

andyg75
04-20-2020, 06:44 AM

Link to the ABE one?

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=30578476059&cm_sp=det-_-bsk-_-bdp

Shannon
04-20-2020, 06:08 PM
Looking for hardcover Dark Tower books for my mother for Mother's Day. I would like each book in hardcover format. It doesn't matter who the publisher is or which edition/printing it is. Nothing limited, nothing signed, needs to be "gift" quality, prefer to purchase all from one person, but will consider all offers.

First one to PM me with a reasonable price gets my money, thank you.

Shannon
04-20-2020, 06:09 PM
Also, TMSG. That is all.

Randall Flagg
04-20-2020, 06:17 PM
Full set is expensive.
All because of first book. DTII through VII are easy.

wizardsrainbow
04-20-2020, 06:43 PM
Full set is expensive.
All because of first book. DTII through VII are easy.

if you did Viking set hardcover, not 1sts for books 1-4. then not as bad

Shannon
04-20-2020, 07:45 PM
I apologize, my wording was weird, I'll edit the post now, thanks!: I would like each book in hardcover format. It doesn't matter who the publisher is or which edition/printing it is.

Randall Flagg
04-21-2020, 01:43 PM
I'm looking for the PS 1/150 Colorado Kid. I need a PC of the Chadbourne version. I have a #68 to trade.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1439337033-TCK_Slip_Chadbourne_profile.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/510/medium/TCK_Slip_Chadbourne_sig.JPG

herbertwest
04-22-2020, 01:09 AM
Dumb question in reply to Jerome trade suggestions, but how does people do a trade?
Do you both ship the book at the same time? One person first and the next one after...?

Always wondered if people have had issues with trading books.

webstar1000
04-22-2020, 04:14 AM
Dumb question in reply to Jerome trade suggestions, but how does people do a trade?
Do you both ship the book at the same time? One person first and the next one after...?

I never have. 99% of king collectors are honest. I just did a trade with someone I didn’t know and it worked out great:)

Randall Flagg
04-22-2020, 07:56 AM
Years back I mentioned I was looking for a Firestarter S/L dated 7/5 (my birthday) and I had a copy dated 7/6 to trade. A member who had a 7/5 copy contacted me for my address and we traded copies.
Success story.

Stockerlone
04-22-2020, 08:33 AM
I have done several trade deals and have been disappointed only one time so far.

Brian861
04-22-2020, 11:38 AM

I did a trade with Cook and have another one in the works with him. I sent my books to him first then received his to me. Flawless. I personally feel that if you are the one that initiates the trade, you should send your stuff out first.

Kris and others are probably comfortable doing it on Facebook but I'd only do it here with trusted members or members that have been vouched for. If a member gets a bad name here, they're done as far as future transactions.

webstar1000
04-22-2020, 11:41 AM

I did a trade with Cook and have another one in the works with him. I sent my books to him first then received his to me. Flawless. I personally feel that if you are the one that initiates the trade, you should send your stuff out first.

Kris and others are probably comfortable doing it on Facebook but I'd only do it here with trusted members or members that have be vouched for. If a member gets a bad name here, they're done as far as future transactions.

Make no mistake about it. Facebook is no different. One Chance and not only are you done... you are banned for life.

Brian861
04-22-2020, 11:52 AM

Kris and others are probably comfortable doing it on Facebook but I'd only do it here with trusted members or members that have be vouched for. If a member gets a bad name here, they're done as far as future transactions.

Make no mistake about it. Facebook is no different. One Chance and not only are you done... you are banned for life.

Again, they'd have to be vouched for if I didn't know them. By you or another trusted member on said Facebook group.

Randall Flagg
04-22-2020, 12:31 PM
We only had one legitimate member who was a regular poster that burned another member. Years ago, but I still remember the outrage.

Roseannebarr
04-22-2020, 01:18 PM
David from Betts Books has been an excellent middleman for trades on high price items. Fees or tip should apply. If you are talking high dollar items and trading with someone you don’t know I would recommend him

Or even if you do know them and want added protection

webstar1000
04-22-2020, 02:35 PM
We only had one legitimate member who was a regular poster that burned another member. Years ago, but I still remember the outrage.

I don’t remember this.. could you share the story RF?

Randall Flagg
04-22-2020, 02:41 PM
It will take some time to find the relevant thread/posts.

webstar1000
04-22-2020, 02:42 PM

Thanks!

Roseannebarr
04-22-2020, 02:51 PM

Was it Stevo hump. And twisted Nadine (she sent $$ and he went radio silent$? Stevo? Something like that?

Randall Flagg
04-22-2020, 03:22 PM
Stevo hump wasn't (IIRC) a regular member here, but I think he burned TN. The member I had in mind was Disel24. He burned stockerlone and wedealinlead. I think he sold them both the same item and never delivered.

We harassed Steve for months but never recovered the money. Even contacted local law enforcement, but to no avail.

Stephen Humphrey
1033 Scales circle
Valley Alabama 36854

Stockerlone
04-23-2020, 12:11 AM
Stevo hump wasn't (IIRC) a regular member here, but I think he burned TN. The member I had in mind was Disel24. He burned stockerlone and wedealinlead. I think he sold them both the same item and never delivered.

We harassed Steve for months but never recovered the money. Even contacted local law enforcement, but to no avail.

Stephen Humphrey
1033 Scales circle
Valley Alabama 36854

My disel24 Gabriel Diaz story from 2010:

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?2482-Book-Dealers-eBay-sellers-dt.org-buyers-sellers-to-Avoid-like-the-Corona-Virus&p=593867&viewfull=1#post593867

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?2482-Book-Dealers-eBay-sellers-dt.org-buyers-sellers-to-Avoid-like-the-Corona-Virus&p=594158&viewfull=1#post594158

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?2482-Book-Dealers-eBay-sellers-dt.org-buyers-sellers-to-Avoid-like-the-Corona-Virus&p=594286&viewfull=1#post594286

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?2482-Book-Dealers-eBay-sellers-dt.org-buyers-sellers-to-Avoid-like-the-Corona-Virus&p=595764&viewfull=1#post595764

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?2482-Book-Dealers-eBay-sellers-dt.org-buyers-sellers-to-Avoid-like-the-Corona-Virus&p=596014&viewfull=1#post596014

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?2482-Book-Dealers-eBay-sellers-dt.org-buyers-sellers-to-Avoid-like-the-Corona-Virus&p=603906&viewfull=1#post603906

webstar1000
04-23-2020, 04:09 AM
Anyone have a DT 2 Drawing S/L for sale? Under 500 be great to of course..

Shannon
04-25-2020, 06:17 PM
Alright, let's try it this way:

Looking for a hardcover Gunslinger under the eBay price of $39.99. Shipped to Vegas, thank you.

WeDealInLead
04-25-2020, 06:29 PM
https://www.bookdepository.com/Dark-Tower-I-1-Stephen-King/9781501182105?ref=grid-view&qid=1587868106876&sr=1-4

tippy4
04-26-2020, 10:02 AM
Anybody have a spare CD slipcase for the 1st Edition Sleeping Beauties?

Need two actually.

Thanks

Rick

Garrell
04-26-2020, 12:47 PM
Looking for a 1st/1st On Writing inscribed preferred or signed

webstar1000
04-29-2020, 05:22 AM
Anyone have a signed Revival 1st in the CD case? It is not for me... thought someone might have a spare! Also a 11/22/63 S/L! Thanks

HONKYTONKSMASH
04-29-2020, 03:10 PM
Looking for 1st/1st US Mr Mercedes and Finders Keepers in F/F(or close). Thanks!

OneFathom
05-01-2020, 09:37 PM
Looking for NF+ paperback copy of the 2nd printing of 'Salem's Lot (UK) by New English Library with the art similar to the 1st UK hardcover printing. Love the art and would like a copy or two.

Here's the copy I'm referring to: LINK (https://www.etsy.com/listing/799717307/salems-lot-stephen-king-vintage-horror?ref=user_profile&cns=1)

Cook
05-02-2020, 06:36 AM
Looking for 1st/1st US Mr Mercedes and Finders Keepers in F/F(or close). Thanks!

PM sent

webstar1000
05-05-2020, 07:24 AM
BIG thanks to a member here I have a flatsigned Gunslinger in my collection now. The jacket is pretty rough but the price was great so I thought I would see if there are any rolled still kicking around?

Noxus35
05-05-2020, 07:41 AM
BIG thanks to a member here I have a flatsigned Gunslinger in my collection now. The jacket is pretty rough but the price was great so I thought I would see if there are any rolled still kicking around?

Very cool! 😎

Do you mean one like this? 🤔

https://www.behemothrarebooks.com/product-page/dark-tower-the-gunslinger-stephen-king-unfolded-as-new-1st-printing-dustjacket

webstar1000
05-05-2020, 07:47 AM

Very cool! 😎

https://www.behemothrarebooks.com/product-page/dark-tower-the-gunslinger-stephen-king-unfolded-as-new-1st-printing-dustjacket

Yes... but I can darn near buy a near fine book as well for that. LOL

Noxus35
05-05-2020, 07:53 AM

Very cool! 😎

Yes, you can haha... 🙃
I'll keep my eyes open for you on the web.

webstar1000
05-05-2020, 07:54 AM

Very cool! 😎

Yes, you can haha... 🙃

Tanks man. I had one not a year ago. I sold it for $350 and now wish I had not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeDuke
05-05-2020, 07:58 AM
That's great Kris. Good luck on the DJ.

Noxus35
05-05-2020, 08:05 AM

Very cool! 😎

Yes, you can haha... 🙃

Tanks man. I had one not a year ago. I sold it for $350 and now wish I had not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome man!
If i do find any on the web i'll send you a pm.

jreitan47
05-05-2020, 12:55 PM
Looking for:

-CHRISTINE UK 1st
-CUJO UK 1st
-DANSE MACABRE UK 1st
-Always looking for promo items (book and movie), non-fic appearances in mags, interviews, newspapers, etc.

kingfan2323
05-07-2020, 07:39 PM
Looking for a decent price on Desperation and Insomnia S/L if someone can help.

Thx.

seeking: anything DT related #246

Merlin1958
05-08-2020, 11:26 AM

Very cool! 😎

Yes, you can haha... 🙃

Jerome may have one you can purchase. As I recall he had several awhile ago. He may still have 1 or 2

Randall Flagg
05-08-2020, 11:40 AM
I have a few left, but have no interest in selling them as they are for my Gunslinger 1st editions that have less than perfect DJ's. It would take a mind blowing offer for me to part with one.

Shannon
05-09-2020, 04:34 PM
- Drawing of the Three and/or Waste Lands hardcover with shipping to Vegas in giftable condition. Thanks!

s0lace
05-09-2020, 08:59 PM

Hey, I've got the Mr. Mercedes' DM me?