PDA

View Full Version : King Books/Items Wanted

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Beverly Marsh
03-17-2016, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I did check with David yesterday and he doesn't have one so this place is the next best thing :) I'd much rather buy from members here than EBay if possible(although I guess some of you are on ebay but I don't know who you are on there, lol) I got one!

Cwalker
03-17-2016, 09:44 AM
ISO- DT VI Song of Susannah Grant AE. I know there are some signed trades floating around but I am looking for the original AE edition. I've seen some for about $200 which seems pricey, there's one on Ebay right now for a set with this and DT VII. Don't need VII so might see if they'll break it up if it doesn't sell. Wanted to check here first though!

You and I seem to be focusing on the same goals right now!
See, this is why I have to take road trips to the source. (it was SUCH a chore driving down to Grant Publishing and poking around Robert Weiner's office....) :rolleyes3: I figure the next best thing to a full S/L set would be an all-artist signed set.

Race you to the finish!! :)

Beverly Marsh
03-17-2016, 10:22 AM
ISO- DT VI Song of Susannah Grant AE. I know there are some signed trades floating around but I am looking for the original AE edition. I've seen some for about $200 which seems pricey, there's one on Ebay right now for a set with this and DT VII. Don't need VII so might see if they'll break it up if it doesn't sell. Wanted to check here first though!

You and I seem to be focusing on the same goals right now!
See, this is why I have to take road trips to the source. (it was SUCH a chore driving down to Grant Publishing and poking around Robert Weiner's office....) :rolleyes3: I figure the next best thing to a full S/L set would be an all-artist signed set.

Race you to the finish!! :)

Hahaha! That's my exact thinking. I'll NEVER own an S/L set and these looked good so what the heck.
Good luck to you sir :)

NeedfulKings
03-17-2016, 06:53 PM
F&SF October, 78 with the Gunslinger Part 1. I'm not looking for anything pristine.

Aronstg
03-21-2016, 06:05 PM
Looking for IT 1st/1st F/F or close to that.

Thought I had bought one but when it showed up in the mail it was wrapped in a plastic grocery bag. Needless to say the condition was not as advertised.

wolfehr
03-22-2016, 03:08 PM
Anyone happen to have CD Carrie Art Portfolio #160 that would be open to selling or trading for a different number?

I'm trying to help out a fellow collector that has #160 of the book and is looking to trade for one of mine (#602 and #604). I want to help out, but I have the matching #'s for the art portfolios and my collecting OCD will nag me down the line if I break up a matching number book/art portfolio.

burial
03-24-2016, 06:39 AM
I'm looking for fair priced 1st/1st US edition of:
Black House
Pet Sematary
It
Thinner
The Bachman Books

PM if you want to sell

jreitan47
03-24-2016, 11:02 AM
I need a US 1st Dance Macabre in NF of F condition. I just looked at my copy last night and forgot that my DJ was price clipped.

at_one
03-24-2016, 01:34 PM
I'm still looking for a copy of Whispers S/L. Anybody got a lead on one?

OneFathom
03-24-2016, 09:12 PM
In need of a nice condition Carrie (1st) dust jacket if anyone happens to have a spare they'd be willing to part with. Will buy/trade for it.

HONKYTONKSMASH
03-27-2016, 04:07 PM
In the market for a 1st/1st US Rage in NF condition.

WeDealInLead
03-28-2016, 07:15 AM
I'm looking for two paperback anthologies:

Terrors, edited by Charles L. Grant
New Terrors 2, edited by Ramsey Campbell

Also, the Maine Magazine with One for the Road.

Ari_Racing
03-28-2016, 07:21 AM
I'm looking for two paperback anthologies:
Also, the Maine Magazine with One for the Road.

The list of hunters for this magazine is growing...

Pasiuk57
03-28-2016, 10:07 AM
Ari
I've looked for that one for years so far without success...
I have almost all his other magazines but that one has eluded me...

Ari_Racing
03-28-2016, 10:09 AM
Yes...so far it looks like it's almost impossible to find one...

Pasiuk57
03-28-2016, 10:11 AM
I'm also a fan of the short story itself!
Oh well, that's not the only thing I'm looking for but...

wizardsrainbow
03-29-2016, 03:16 AM
Here is the weirdest feeling of all....I have NOTHING on my Want list at present....the gentleman who posted just above me recently put me in that position....feels mighty weird!

Not to say I'm done buying stuff for my personal collection....

Dan
03-29-2016, 03:38 AM
Here is the weirdest feeling of all....I have NOTHING on my Want list at present....the gentleman who posted just above me recently put me in that position....feels mighty weird!

Not to say I'm done buying stuff for my personal collection....

That's great! Does this mean you are now the proud owner of the asbestos Firestarter?!? Pictures are mandatory.

wizardsrainbow
03-29-2016, 04:49 AM
Nope...do not desire that particular collectible, but I am the new proud owner of the Sphere Gunslinger Proof....that filled the last true "hole" in my Dark Tower collection.....after 15+ years of searching.

CurtSeattle
03-29-2016, 06:01 AM

I still have mine since I haven't really marketed it since I posted I would sell it. Last one on Ebay sold for $610 in Feb and another right before it in Feb for $381. Not sure what is a fair price these days for it as it seems to be harder to find (none on Ebay currently).

Here is a link to it and the Night Visions 5 extra I also have if you want to make an offer. http://1drv.ms/1R327gh

(I also have a Gunslinger 1st/1st but not fine/fine condition so not sure if you are interested in getting a placeholder copy (it's in very good shape just not fine/fine)).

Curt

webstar1000
03-29-2016, 06:06 AM

I still have mine since I haven't really marketed it since I posted I would sell it. Last one on Ebay sold for $610 in Feb and another right before it in Feb for $381. Not sure what is a fair price these days for it as it seems to be harder to find (none on Ebay currently).

Here is a link to it and the Night Visions 5 extra I also have if you want to make an offer. http://1drv.ms/1R327gh

(I also have a Gunslinger 1st/1st but not fine/fine condition so not sure if you are interested in getting a placeholder copy (it's in very good shape just not fine/fine)).

Curt

I had one a month ago with some spine fade which these are prone to I am told.. I paid $200. I think Alan could help with Bett's sales but the $300 mark seems to be a fair number if I remember correctly.

Pasiuk57
03-29-2016, 06:36 AM
David
glad you are happy!
Now if I can find that magazine!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-29-2016, 06:54 AM

Curt

I had one a month ago with some spine fade which these are prone to I am told.. I paid $200. I think Alan could help with Bett's sales but the $300 mark seems to be a fair number if I remember correctly.

David has only sold two Whispers S/L: $225 and $200

Dan
03-29-2016, 08:28 AM
Nope...do not desire that particular collectible, but I am the new proud owner of the Sphere Gunslinger Proof....that filled the last true "hole" in my Dark Tower collection.....after 15+ years of searching.

Still a fantastic item!

webstar1000
03-29-2016, 08:54 AM

I know one you desire my good buddy:):):) IT is a BIG hole in your remarqued collection of DT books!

wizardsrainbow
03-30-2016, 02:17 AM

I know one you desire my good buddy:):):) IT is a BIG hole in your remarqued collection of DT books!

You say truey true, but that collectible will NEVER be had.....a Dark Tower V remarqued by Bernie Wrightson....given Bernie's condition now, it will never happen, in my opinion....I can wish, but that's all I've got.

webstar1000
03-30-2016, 03:12 AM

You say truey true, but that collectible will NEVER be had.....a Dark Tower V remarqued by Bernie Wrightson....given Bernie's condition now, it will never happen, in my opinion....I can wish, but that's all I've got.

Where there is a will.. there is a way David! Stand true to your mission!!

webstar1000
03-30-2016, 03:13 AM

IF and I say IF... one could get him to do one or find one he may have done David.. what would you value it at? Say it was not even a crazy remarque.. just middle of the road one. What do you think that be worth?

wizardsrainbow
03-30-2016, 03:36 AM

IF and I say IF... one could get him to do one or find one he may have done David.. what would you value it at? Say it was not even a crazy remarque.. just middle of the road one. What do you think that be worth?

Good question but that value depends on the collector interested.....for some, remarques are a "yawner." Some think remarques actually devalue a book...People are welcome to their opinions and preferences...For me personally, I'd pay some serious dollars to obtain one, as, as far as I know, it would a) fill a hole in a collection and b) might be the only DT V remarque done....I can't put an actual $$ value on such a thing. I've acquired a great many items on the "cheap" that are worth significant $$ today and I know I've paid multiple times "real" value on a few items, just because I had to have them...There is no good answer as to value of an item like this.

Aronstg
03-30-2016, 07:01 PM
Anyone have a Gift Edition of IT for sale? I know of someone who is looking to get their feet wet in collecting and wants to start their collection with this book.

Thanks

allasorte
03-30-2016, 07:35 PM
Does anyone have extras of the traycases for both SOD volume one and two? I bought a matching numbered set and the traycases aren't new. I know CD has "one" but not "two." Thanks

herbertwest
03-31-2016, 12:01 AM
Anyone have a Gift Edition of IT for sale? I know of someone who is looking to get their feet wet in collecting and wants to start their collection with this book.

Thanks

A friend of mine sells one : 250€ (about $280) + shipping.
Contact me :)

Fsmdr
03-31-2016, 08:14 AM
A few things on my want list if anyone has them for sale:

- shrinkwrapped Salem's Lot Gift
- Shrinkwrapped 11/22/63 S/L
- Dead Zone 1st in NF or better
- Christine 1st in NF or better

webstar1000
03-31-2016, 08:36 AM

I have to ask.. sorry... why shrinkwrapped?

tippy4
03-31-2016, 09:20 AM
I can answer on the Salem's Lot........

That book is a dust magnet......sw protects against it.

webstar1000
03-31-2016, 10:47 AM
I can answer on the Salem's Lot........

That book is a dust magnet......sw protects against it.

GOOD POINT

Brian861
03-31-2016, 10:55 AM
Mine's still in shrink as well. I was late to the game and missed out on the slipcase or traycase. Whichever one it was. Need to have something made for it. That book is a beast though.

jhanic
03-31-2016, 11:00 AM
I have mine in a Brodart-cover plus a tray case from Tomas. No dust problems.

John

Brian861
03-31-2016, 11:07 AM
I have mine in a Brodart-cover plus a tray case from Tomas. No dust problems. John

That'd work, too :).

Fsmdr
03-31-2016, 03:50 PM

I have to ask.. sorry... why shrinkwrapped?

Tippy is right. Plus the S/L 11/22/63 when the DJ is 'opened' it tears the sticker on the DJ.

wizardsrainbow
03-31-2016, 08:42 PM
Mine's still in shrink as well. I was late to the game and missed out on the slipcase or traycase. Whichever one it was. Need to have something made for it. That book is a beast though.

I have a DOLSO wood case (dark red) with Salem's Lot plaque on spine that I bought from a collector....never listed it...if you want to see it, email me at david@bettsbooks and I'll take pics and send them...would be reasonably priced.

Brian861
04-01-2016, 01:18 AM

I have a DOLSO wood case (dark red) with Salem's Lot plaque on spine that I bought from a collector....never listed it...if you want to see it, email me at david@bettsbooks and I'll take pics and send them...would be reasonably priced.

Thanks, David! I'll get that email sent.

stroppygoblin
04-01-2016, 01:28 AM
A recent post by Brian861 made me check my collection. I don't currently have the Revival B & N variant and no one ever posts this detail when selling on eBay. If anyone has a spare copy in nice condition they would be willing to sell, please PM me. :thumbsup:

needfulthings
04-01-2016, 01:54 AM
Simon I was in the same boat wound up having to go to B&N after the fact & had to pay full cover price. Unheard of in this day & age when almost everybody was selling the regular ones at 50% off. The only time you pay full price for a new King book is at a King signing.:lol:

stroppygoblin
04-01-2016, 03:19 AM
Simon I was in the same boat wound up having to go to B&N after the fact & had to pay full cover price. Unheard of in this day & age when almost everybody was selling the regular ones at 50% off. The only time you pay full price for a new King book is at a King signing.:lol:

Happy to pay FCP - just not in a position to visit a B & N!!! :evil:

Beverly Marsh
04-01-2016, 09:49 AM
Yes, I'm back.

ISO- PS Pub's One For the Road artist signed. I asked in the assessment thread what a fair price is so that's what I would like to go by.
Thank you!

Shining19
04-05-2016, 04:41 AM
What is different/special about the B&N Revival variant? I must have missed this info at the time.

Randall Flagg
04-05-2016, 05:34 AM
What is different/special about the B&N Revival variant? I must have missed this info at the time.
Per the Catalog:
Note: A variant DJ changes the wording on the back to read "...at the bookstore," instead of "...at Barnes & Noble". The variant was sent to retailers other than Barnes & Noble.

Standard DJ:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1441133916-Revival%20dj%20rear%20BandN%20478x716.jpg

Barnes & Noble DJ:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1441133893-Revival%20full%20dj%201024x683.jpg

jhanic
04-05-2016, 05:45 AM

The back of the dust jacket says "bookstore" in most variations, but the volumes sold at B&N say "Barnes & Noble". There is no difference in the books themselves.

Barnes & Noble:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/RevivalbackBampN_zpsf9cf98b4.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/RevivalbackBampN_zpsf9cf98b4.jpg.html)

Bookstore:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/Revivalbackbookstore_zps096af59c.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/Revivalbackbookstore_zps096af59c.jpg.html)

John

Shining19
04-05-2016, 08:04 AM
Thanks. Looks like there's a trip to B&N in my future. Sigh.

stroppygoblin
04-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Does anyone know if this was a 'limited run' by B & N? ie just the first editions would have that cover, or will all books sold by them have this variant? just wondering how easy it is going to be to just walk in and pick one up now.

Again, to reiterate, if someone finds a copy with a Fine B & N DJ, I'd be happy to cover cost plus shipping.

jsmcmullen92
04-05-2016, 09:45 AM
Does anyone know if this was a 'limited run' by B & N? ie just the first editions would have that cover, or will all books sold by them have this variant? just wondering how easy it is going to be to just walk in and pick one up now.

Again, to reiterate, if someone finds a copy with a Fine B & N DJ, I'd be happy to cover cost plus shipping.

I'll go check this afternoon at the one by me.

stroppygoblin
04-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Thank you sir!

Shining19
04-05-2016, 10:18 AM
I'll grab an extra copy when I get mine as well. I'm not sure when that'll be though, hopefully sometime this week. Let me know next week if mcmullen can't find one for you.

Randall Flagg
04-05-2016, 11:18 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if in a few weeks/months there are remainders at B&N with their name on the DJ. Probably less than $8 each.

jsmcmullen92
04-05-2016, 04:03 PM
Heck my BN didn't have any. Funny enough they only had the British PB.

needfulthings
04-05-2016, 05:34 PM

Simon I assume you would just want a 1st edition of the B&N variant? I also feel after 17 months it may be almost imposable to still find a first edition at B&N.... Better to have members search used bookstores to find a first B&N. $30 plus postage for non-first WOW!. Just my opinion for what its worth.

Randall Flagg
04-05-2016, 06:19 PM
I'll repeat my prediction.
There will likely be remaindered books in B&N any month now. Seems reasonable to assume that B&N will have there own custom DJ books on remainder.

People didn't think much of the importance when the book was released, but if there is a current demand, I suggest patience to save money.

Br!an
04-05-2016, 06:31 PM
B&N don't have any hardcovers for sale on their website. My B&N does not have any as of last time I was there. (I'm there a lot.)

That said there does seem to be a pattern in that books I couldn't find anymore in the store in hardcover end up appearing on the discount rack.

They must find a few pallets in the warehouse or something.

stroppygoblin
04-06-2016, 12:36 AM

Simon I assume you would just want a 1st edition of the B&N variant? I also feel after 17 months it may be almost imposable to still find a first edition at B&N.... Better to have members search used bookstores to find a first B&N. $30 plus postage for non-first WOW!. Just my opinion for what its worth.

I'll repeat my prediction.
There will likely be remaindered books in B&N any month now. Seems reasonable to assume that B&N will have there own custom DJ books on remainder.

People didn't think much of the importance when the book was released, but if there is a current demand, I suggest patience to save money.

I'm sure RF is right, but the longer these books are out there sitting on shelves or being moved from store to store, the less chance there is of finding a pristine DJ. I really only need the DJ as I already have 2 copies of the book (one signed, thanks to LotGuy :thumbsup:) so I'd only need the DJ shipped. The sender can keep the book as a reading copy, or whatever. This is a pretty low priority item for me, but condition is important and i'm happy to pay cover price if needed.

becca69
04-06-2016, 05:39 AM
Simon, next time I'm at B&N I'll look for one.

Randall Flagg
04-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Hypothesis:

B&N has either sold all of the 1st edition (I don't believe there was a second printing) hardbacks of Revival; or the remaining books were sent back weeks ago to a warehouse(s) that handle books that will subsequently be shipped back to the stores (or possibly other retailers) as remainders.

Since B&N.com has none for sale and the stores have none I can't think of any other likely possibility.

sharki69
04-06-2016, 11:59 AM
I see the B&N variant from time to time at my local bookstore. If someone looking for a copy let me know and I'll find one for you probably for $8 ish

Randall Flagg
04-08-2016, 09:23 AM
King signed Eyes of the Dragon Trade US 1st edition.

webstar1000
04-08-2016, 09:50 AM

Budget?

Randall Flagg
04-08-2016, 12:46 PM

Budget?

Rent A Car

needfulthings
04-08-2016, 12:58 PM
Hypothesis:

B&N has either sold all of the 1st edition (I don't believe there was a second printing) hardbacks of Revival; or the remaining books were sent back weeks ago to a warehouse(s) that handle books that will subsequently be shipped back to the stores (or possibly other retailers) as remainders.

Since B&N.com has none for sale and the stores have none I can't think of any other likely possibility.

2nd HAND BOOKSTORES.:doh:

Randall Flagg
04-08-2016, 01:51 PM
Hypothesis:

2nd HAND BOOKSTORES.:doh:

That's why I parenthetically said "or possibly other retailers".:Ball Kick:

jsmcmullen92
04-09-2016, 01:23 PM
Simon.
I found you your B&N Revival. They had 2 had half priced books. 1 in Fine condition the other was ripped to shreds.

stroppygoblin
04-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Simon.
I found you your B&N Revival. They had 2 had half priced books. 1 in Fine condition the other was ripped to shreds.

Awesome! I'll PM you :thumbsup:

Shining19
04-09-2016, 05:14 PM
I struck out today at B&N so I'm glad stroppy found one. My guess is that they're all back at the B&N distribution center receiving the cursed black stripe of devaluation before being redistributed to the stores. I am SO going to forget about this variant in 2 weeks when they're back out and I have time to search. sigh

Brian861
04-09-2016, 11:27 PM
Simon.

Awesome! I'll PM you :thumbsup:

Good looking out for a fellow member! +1. And glad you were able to have one scored for ya, Simon.

WeDealInLead
04-10-2016, 03:18 PM
looking for UK hardcover 1st of Wizard and Glass.

Phalucha
04-10-2016, 04:42 PM
I am looking for a slipcase for The Gunslinger as I picked up another copy of the book. Please pm or email me if you want to sell. Paul.

OneFathom
04-10-2016, 08:04 PM
Anyone have an extra 1st/1st dust jacket of The Stand in nice condition?

Beverly Marsh
04-15-2016, 04:57 AM
I am looking for the US 1st of Roadwork and have been for some time. I can't seem to find it anywhere! The UK and Canadian 2nd printing pop up a lot but not what I need. There is ONE on ebay right now but it's listed for $290 which seems pretty pricey given it's condition. I've had no problem finding the other three but why is this one so scarce? Also, for once, I'm not being impatient as I've been looking for awhile now. If anyone has any leads please let me know. Thanks!

Randall Flagg
04-15-2016, 05:08 AM
Roadwork and Rage are VERY difficult to find in VG+ or better condition. When found, they are pricey.

Beverly Marsh
04-15-2016, 05:20 AM
Roadwork and Rage are VERY difficult to find in VG+ or better condition. When found, they are pricey.

Yeah, the Rage I have is not in the best condition but I got it for pretty cheap and there were others in worse condition that cost more. I had been looking for awhile and finally decided that I would probably never find a pristine one. At least not for what I wanted to pay. I'm not in love with it but I'm okay with it.
Of course now I can't find the one Roadwork that was listed.....lol

webstar1000
04-15-2016, 05:33 AM
I want my wife to buy me a Green Mile S/L for my birthday. lol Is that too much to ask for guys N gals? :smile_002:

allasorte
04-15-2016, 07:40 AM
I want my wife to buy me a Green Mile S/L for my birthday. lol Is that too much to ask for guys N gals? :smile_002:

Not at all, as long as she isn't using your money since you need to use your money to buy more books lol. I love collecting. I have amassed a nice collection within the 5 years of being an avid horror/King fan. I consider it an obsession, a hobby, and an investment down the road if something awful may happen. My problem now is is that all the "cheap" books are bought. Things I'm buying now when I can are S/L's. I need a Gunslinger and some super early double day books which are worth more then many newer S/L's. I just can't afford it right now. If collecting progresses down the road, eventually I'll be complaining I now am shopping for lettered editions. That would be a glorious day!!!

peripheral
04-15-2016, 02:22 PM

No. If she REALLY REEEEALLY loved you, she would... :couple::D

The Library Policeman
04-15-2016, 02:28 PM
I got a 1st/1st 'Salem's Lot from my Mrs a few birthdays a go.

Best present ever!

Shining19
04-16-2016, 04:25 AM
I'm looking for a sub $150 US Roadwork as well. At least I have patience, I've been looking for awhile now. Got the Mrs. a S/L Firestarter, signed/dated the day she was born, for her birthday in July this year (thanks David). Hope she loves it.

jsmcmullen92
04-22-2016, 11:46 AM
If someone here happened to win the Maitz Woman in 217 sketch HF auction the other day let me know. I hit a dead spot the last 5 minutes of the auction and missed the ending.

Phalucha
04-25-2016, 04:04 PM
I am looking for a VGplus or better first of The Shining without a DJ if anyone has one they want to sell.

jsmcmullen92
04-25-2016, 04:42 PM
I'm looking for a Different Seasons 1/1... No idea why this one has alluded me for so long.

Oreo713
04-26-2016, 10:01 AM
I am pretty new do this....what is 1/1? Is there a rating list somewhere? Thanks

Ari_Racing
04-26-2016, 10:03 AM
First edition, first printing.

jsmcmullen92
04-26-2016, 10:05 AM
I am pretty new do this....what is 1/1? Is there a rating list somewhere? Thanks

Common things you will see here:
1/1 = 1st edition 1st printing.
S/L = Signed Limited edition
Sometimes this is referred to as S/N Signed Numbered edition to differentiate it from the Signed Lettered edition.

other things you will see are flat signed vs inscribed but I think those are pretty self explanatory.

Brian861
04-26-2016, 10:06 AM

1/1 means 1st Edition/1st Printing. Click on the 'Wiki' at the top of the page for the catalogues. These guys and gals know it all! :).

Oreo713
04-26-2016, 10:08 AM
thank you all....I am going to have to investigate.......

what condition does the Different Seasons 1/1 have to be in?

becca69
04-26-2016, 01:03 PM
Looking for UK 1st print Thinner, not price clipped or just the dust jacket. I purchased a yellow band copy from Australia and the DJ is clipped.

jsmcmullen92
04-26-2016, 06:35 PM
thank you all....I am going to have to investigate.......

what condition does the Different Seasons 1/1 have to be in?
I am looking for Nf/Nf at least
which means near fine DJ (Dust Jacket) and Book

Sorry if you already know some if these just want to make sure you know what I am saying

peripheral
04-26-2016, 11:46 PM
Looking for UK 1st print Thinner, not price clipped or just the dust jacket. I purchased a yellow band copy from Australia and the DJ is clipped.

VG+ copies are everywhere here in Melbourne, OZ. Reckon I've sold over 10 on eBay in my time. I'll keep an eye out for you and let you know, if you don't have any luck elsewhere.

becca69
04-27-2016, 03:37 AM

VG+ copies are everywhere here in Melbourne, OZ. Reckon I've sold over 10 on eBay in my time. I'll keep an eye out for you and let you know, if you don't have any luck elsewhere.

Thank you!

Phalucha
04-27-2016, 05:53 PM
Looking for a Hearts in Atlantis - signed and dated in year of pub. PM if you have for sale.

webstar1000
04-28-2016, 05:47 AM
Anyone have some beat off paperbacks to read of the Wayward Pines series? NOTHING around my neck of the woods!

Room 217 Caretaker
04-28-2016, 06:15 AM
Anyone have some beat off paperbacks to read of the Wayward Pines series? NOTHING around my neck of the woods!

I'm not going to say anything......I'm not going to say anything........I'm not going to..........

Brian861
04-28-2016, 06:17 AM

I'm not going to say anything......I'm not going to say anything........I'm not going to..........

:rofl:

AKC
04-28-2016, 06:21 AM
That is, without question, the funniest thing I have read in a long, long time. I absolutely gut laughed....

Way to go Webster.....way to go.

bdwyer19
04-28-2016, 06:42 AM

Too funny!!!

webstar1000
04-28-2016, 06:57 AM
haha believe it or not guys... in my neck of the woods, "beat off" means something that is beat up, damaged, no good, used heavily. lol Sorry... hahahahaa

Brian861
04-28-2016, 07:00 AM
haha believe it or not guys... in my neck of the woods, "beat off" means something that is beat up, damaged, no good, used heavily. lol Sorry... hahahahaa

Yep, that would just about describe it :D.

Theli
04-28-2016, 09:23 AM
^hahaha

needfulthings
04-28-2016, 10:47 AM

:evil:
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/3645/AaFlXx.jpg

Randall Flagg
04-28-2016, 11:09 AM

http://orig04.deviantart.net/317d/f/2009/184/d/7/fap_fest_by_dbestarchitect.gif

Brian861
04-28-2016, 12:13 PM
:emot-roflolmao:

webstar1000
04-28-2016, 02:58 PM
HHahahahaha you guys are pure awesome. Lol

allasorte
04-28-2016, 03:51 PM
On a serious response, what about kindle or even a download somewhere? I haven't looked myself.
Is the writer Blake Crouch? lol

dnemec
04-28-2016, 04:02 PM

I'd like to help, but I liked those too much and there is definitely a reread in my future. Try ebay - I managed to buy all three at once for around $12.

webstar1000
04-29-2016, 03:39 AM

I'd like to help, but I liked those too much and there is definitely a reread in my future. Try ebay - I managed to buy all three at once for around $12.

Oh cool! I will try!

webstar1000
04-29-2016, 03:39 AM
On a serious response, what about kindle or even a download somewhere? I haven't looked myself.
Is the writer Blake Crouch? lol

I cant... have to have a real book! lol

Shining19
04-29-2016, 04:38 AM
Do you mind if some of the pages are stuck together?

webstar1000
04-29-2016, 05:53 AM
Do you mind if some of the pages are stuck together?

?

Shining19
04-29-2016, 06:05 AM
haven't figured out how to quote people quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I shouldn't post before my morning coffee.

webstar1000
04-29-2016, 06:17 AM
haven't figured out how to quote people quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I shouldn't post before my morning coffee.

ahaha got ya!

Beverly Marsh
04-30-2016, 11:57 AM
I had a hard time getting myself under control after these previous posts. Oh those crazy Canucks and their slang. Must be a maple syrup overdose ay Kris? ;)

Anyway, looking for a Gunslinger 1/1 DJ only. Anthony was right, there is some fading on the spine portion(the yellow is barely visible)otherwise, besides a little minor crumple at the top the DJ looks really good. The spine fade isn't killing me so not a necessity to replace but if anyone has an extra for a normal price........

Randall Flagg
04-30-2016, 12:22 PM
I had a hard time getting myself under control after these previous posts. Oh those crazy Canucks and their slang. Must be a maple syrup overdose ay Kris? ;)

Anyway, looking for a Gunslinger 1/1 DJ only. Anthony was right, there is some fading on the spine portion(the yellow is barely visible)otherwise, besides a little minor crumple at the top the DJ looks really good. The spine fade isn't killing me so not a necessity to replace but if anyone has an extra for a normal price........
There is no "normal" price for a F/F Gunslinger 1/1 DJ. By normal I mean less than $500.

Beverly Marsh
04-30-2016, 12:53 PM

There is no "normal" price for a F/F Gunslinger 1/1 DJ. By normal I mean less than $500.

I saw a couple(one mint)that sold for around $200 so that's what I was going by. I'm definitely not paying too much for it as it's not a necessity and between the book and a new DJ I don't want to end up paying more than it's worth.

Randall Flagg
04-30-2016, 01:12 PM
I haven't seen a mint copy sell for $200 in quite some time. Perhaps I missed a recent auction or two...

Aronstg
04-30-2016, 03:35 PM
I haven't seen a mint copy sell for $200 in quite some time. Perhaps I missed a recent auction or two...

I agree. I don't think I've seen a mint one sell for that low. I think $200 will probably get you a VG or slightly better DJ these days.

Beverly Marsh
05-01-2016, 04:15 AM
Problem solved with the DJ. I'm returning the book :)
I can live with a lot when it comes to condition but this would have driven me crazy.

herbertwest
05-02-2016, 03:10 AM
I had some but cannot find them anymore : does anybody has some "Signed by authors" stickers that they could part with?
I best and cheapest I found were those : http://autographedbytheauthor.com/ But I dont want to buy 1000 and therefore spend $30+shipping. 100 would be plenty for me, so if someone want to share cost or sell me some of theirs :)

jsmcmullen92
05-02-2016, 05:55 AM
I had some but cannot find them anymore : does anybody has some "Signed by authors" stickers that they could part with?
I best and cheapest I found were those : http://autographedbytheauthor.com/ But I dont want to buy 1000 and therefore spend $30+shipping. 100 would be plenty for me, so if someone want to share cost or sell me some of theirs :)

Here are some that sell by the 20.
Here (http://www.zazzle.com/signed_copy_round_stickers_52-217311243179859413)
And Here (http://www.zazzle.com/signedcopy_classic_round_sticker-217436661012265345)

AKC
05-02-2016, 06:58 AM
Ned Dameron Original Interior piece from DT III.....

webstar1000
05-02-2016, 07:26 AM
Ned Dameron Original Interior piece from DT III.....

I might have a good lead on one. I will reach out and see for ya AKC!

Johnny Alien
05-03-2016, 05:56 AM
I am looking for a 1st/1st Bachman Books and a 1st/1st Skeleton Crew

wizardsrainbow
05-05-2016, 07:44 AM
I'm looking for a Dolan's Cadillac slipcase...As I'm here maybe once per week...email me at david@bettsbooks.com

wizardsrainbow
05-06-2016, 04:33 AM
I'm looking for a Dolan's Cadillac slipcase...As I'm here maybe once per week...email me at david@bettsbooks.com

THANKS to a member here that pointed me in right direction to Dolan's slipcase!!!! You are AWESOME!

Beverly Marsh
05-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Hopefully a King family member counts in this wanted thread :)
A last ditch effort as I have all but given up on ever finding this but am looking for the promotional Christmas card that came out for NOS4A2.

peripheral
05-09-2016, 05:27 AM
PS Publishing editions of Christine and Skeleton Crew #204 specifically, anyone? I shall bestow upon you riches beyond your wildest dreams... Or at the very least, swap you another number :)

Brian861
05-09-2016, 08:56 AM
PS Publishing editions of Christine and Skeleton Crew #204 specifically, anyone? I shall bestow upon you riches beyond your wildest dreams... Or at the very least, swap you another number :)

You silly, Peri :lol: Are you running for class president, again! :nana:

Tommy
05-09-2016, 09:10 AM
Does anyone happen to have both the Cemetery Dance S/L of The Dark Man #53 and the The Dark Man Artwork Portfolio #53?

I have the matched set for #50 (the book is not remarqued but the Portfolio is remarqued) if the owner might like to chat?

Oreo713
05-09-2016, 09:38 AM

ok...I'll bite.....what are PS Publishhing editions? Thanks for your patience with me...newbie here.

Oreo713
05-09-2016, 09:38 AM

ok...I'll bite.....what are PS Publishhing editions? Thanks for your patience with me...newbie here.

Brian861
05-09-2016, 10:09 AM

Here ya go Oreo:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Christine+30th+Anniversary+UK&redirect=no
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Skeleton+Crew+30th+Anniversary+ Edition

Also be sure to check out the whole list of goodies at:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Test+Thread

Oreo713
05-09-2016, 10:44 AM

Here ya go Oreo:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Christine+30th+Anniversary+UK&redirect=no
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Skeleton+Crew+30th+Anniversary+ Edition

Also be sure to check out the whole list of goodies at:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Test+Thread

Thank you!!!!!!!!

peripheral
05-09-2016, 10:52 AM

You silly, Peri :lol: Are you running for class president, again! :nana:

Haha... State President! I wasn't going to commit to these PS editions (I love some of them, it's just I have no bloody room or money!), but then another Aussie sold me his #204 number line for cheap, so I'm on a fishing expedition now. :)

peripheral
05-09-2016, 10:55 AM

Hey Oreo, Brian set you straight. They're nice little signed/ artist editions, and a few of the canon collectors here also have the Signed Lettered editions, which are stunning and cost the value of a small farm. Welcome to the site!

Kingfan24
05-09-2016, 03:47 PM
Good to see new members!

Brian861
05-10-2016, 02:03 AM
Thank you!!!!!!!!

You're most welcome and welcome to the madness :eek:

Haha... State President! I wasn't going to commit to these PS editions (I love some of them, it's just I have no bloody room or money!), but then another Aussie sold me his #204 number line for cheap, so I'm on a fishing expedition now. :)

Well ya got my vote, Pedro :D. I checked my Thinner variant for ya but I'm thinking ya already got that one since ya didn't list it as wanted. Not sure where the variant numbering starts though.

peripheral
05-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Another long shot:
Anyone have a lazy UK Waste Lands 1st / 1st (Sphere) paperback lying around that they're willing to sell an Aussie down on his luck? Two, even?

stroppygoblin
05-12-2016, 03:59 AM
Another long shot:
Anyone have a lazy UK Waste Lands 1st / 1st (Sphere) paperback lying around that they're willing to sell an Aussie down on his luck? Two, even?

I have one. It's a true first but has spine creases. You can have it for just the shipping cost. PM if interested.

peripheral
05-12-2016, 04:13 AM
Another long shot:

I have one. It's a true first but has spine creases. You can have it for just the shipping cost. PM if interested.

I think I love you.

Br!an
05-13-2016, 01:18 PM
Get a room. :wtf:

Brian861
05-13-2016, 09:16 PM
Nice grab, Peri!

stroppygoblin
05-14-2016, 12:04 AM
Unfortunately, due to a mistake on my part, I do not currently have a spare 1st UK Wastelands. The book I had on my main shelf turned out to be a BCA and the one I was going to give to peripheral is my only actual 1st edition. I am now actively seeking a better copy and as soon as I procure one, Antoni will get my current copy as agreed.

Brian861
05-14-2016, 12:08 AM
Unfortunately, due to a mistake on my part, I do not currently have a spare 1st UK Wastelands. The book I had on my main shelf turned out to be a BCA and the one I was going to give to peripheral is my only actual 1st edition. I am now actively seeking a better copy and as soon as I procure one, Antoni will get my current copy as agreed.

A stand up deal from a stand up guy :thumbsup:

peripheral
05-14-2016, 12:34 AM

And for that, I still think I love him. :)

Brian861
05-14-2016, 12:54 AM

And for that, I still think I love him. :)

You're so sweet, Peri! :heart:

AstroDad
05-16-2016, 03:04 PM
Looking for a DT7 S/L. PM me if you have one available. Thanks!

edit: found

bdwyer19
05-18-2016, 12:51 PM
I'm looking for a S/L Christine and Six Stories.

Fsmdr
05-18-2016, 01:15 PM
Anyone have a Buick 8 gift edition for sale?.

jonp
05-18-2016, 01:25 PM
I'm looking for a S/L Christine and Six Stories.

I have a Six Stories S/L I am considering selling, Brian. There are photos of it in the Current Market Value thread post #6271. It has a lightly bumped corner.

bdwyer19
05-18-2016, 02:17 PM
Anyone have a Buick 8 gift edition for sale?.

Check with Lot Guy. He has a copy for sale on eBay.

Brian861
05-18-2016, 09:36 PM
On the hunt for PS Skeleton Crew #521 Monkey variant if anyone willing to depart with it. Thanks!

picontin
05-21-2016, 10:41 AM
I'm looking for a S/L copy of Doctor Sleep (US) for a nice price..:unsure:

frik
05-21-2016, 11:59 AM
I'm looking for a S/L copy of Doctor Sleep (US) for a nice price..:unsure:

Good luck, Pitou!!

sk

Beverly Marsh
05-23-2016, 06:33 AM
ISO
The Long Walk and Running Man UK firsts.

Phalucha
05-23-2016, 05:28 PM
Looking for a signed/dated Hearts in Atlantis.

jreitan47
05-24-2016, 01:27 PM
*PROOFS! I need your proofs!*
In rebuilding my King collection from scratch in the last year, I've managed to collect nearly all the US and UK firsts that I can afford at this time and a handful of gift/limited editions. I'm now in the collecting proof's stage again and it's as fun as expected to be (again!)! I grabbed the more affordable and highly available US ones right away (Hearts in Atlantis, Rose Madder, Bag of Bones, On Writing and have also snagged Carrie CD anniversary edition proof and End Of Watch). So now I'm looking for others (the list is long!), get at me if you have some for sale and/or trade. I especially would love to work with you if you're able to accept payment plans. It's something I've done with several members here because I live in a very limited budget and have quite a few medical expenses at the moment. Thanks! jonathanreitan@gmail.com

jreitan47
05-25-2016, 08:58 AM
*PROOFS! I need your proofs!*
In rebuilding my King collection from scratch in the last year, I've managed to collect nearly all the US and UK firsts that I can afford at this time and a handful of gift/limited editions. I'm now in the collecting proof's stage again and it's as fun as expected to be (again!)! I grabbed the more affordable and highly available US ones right away (Hearts in Atlantis, Rose Madder, Bag of Bones, On Writing and have also snagged Carrie CD anniversary edition proof and End Of Watch). So now I'm looking for others (the list is long!), get at me if you have some for sale and/or trade. I especially would love to work with you if you're able to accept payment plans. It's something I've done with several members here because I live in a very limited budget and have quite a few medical expenses at the moment. Thanks! jonathanreitan@gmail.com

I LOVE this place! Already picked up 5 more Proofs in less than 24 hours thanks to you guys! I SOOO appreciate those who are willing to work with me!

dnemec
05-25-2016, 12:01 PM
Are any of the Brits taking orders from us Yanks for End of Watch? Can't recall seeing anything this time around. Thanks!

jonp
05-25-2016, 12:05 PM
Are any of the Brits taking orders from us Yanks for End of Watch? Can't recall seeing anything this time around. Thanks!

I am getting a few members EOW. Just PM me which editions you want and I can get them for you, Dez.

dnemec
05-25-2016, 12:18 PM

I am getting a few members EOW. Just PM me which editions you want and I can get them for you, Dez.

Thanks, Jon!

jreitan47
05-25-2016, 12:25 PM

How many different editions are there?? I must have missed something..

Br!an
05-25-2016, 12:37 PM

There is the Goldsboro Books "limited" edition. There is the Waterstones signed edition. There is the standard 1st/1st unsigned hardcover. There are also paperback and airport editions, and no doubt others I failed to mention.

jreitan47
05-25-2016, 12:41 PM

There is the Goldsboro Books "limited" edition. There is the Waterstones signed edition. There is the standard 1st/1st unsigned hardcover. There are also paperback and airport editions, and no doubt others I failed to mention.

Wow, I feel like an idiot. Didn't know about the Goldsboro and the Waterstone editions. Can someone post info on those?

jonp
The only ones I know that will released are: trade 1st, WHSmith Collector's edition, Airport TPB. Sometimes there is a Waterstones edition.

zelig
There's no Goldsboro EOW. At least not that I know of.

Br!an
05-25-2016, 12:52 PM
I'm sorry Jonathon. I had a couple of browsers open and conflated the two threads. I was actually replying about The Fireman and not to End of Watch.

Jon is likely right for EOW. Goldboro isn't do an EOW and I think Waterstones is selling the trade hardcover.

webstar1000
05-26-2016, 10:37 AM
Anyone have a copy of Waste Lands that were remarqued by Ned and part of the original 19 for sale? :)

carlosdetweiller
05-26-2016, 10:56 AM
Anyone have a copy of Waste Lands that were remarqued by Ned and part of the original 19 for sale? :)

Yes.

AKC
05-26-2016, 11:01 AM

+1

If anybody has one they'd be willing to sell, let me know!

Randall Flagg
05-26-2016, 11:11 AM

Beverly Marsh
05-26-2016, 12:48 PM
Updating just in case some soul feels sorry for me at some point...:)

ISO:
Running Man UK first

Beverly Marsh
05-30-2016, 12:40 PM
Not sure where to post this so I will do it here :)
First off Happy Memorial Day to my fellow countrymen and women.
Secondly, I want to say a thank you. I had not one, but two members from here give me a shout to let me know there was UK Running Man listed on eBay. It turned out to be not quite what I need (yes, we all know it's a feeling of NEED!)but the fact that they told me about it means a lot. Thanks guys!

biomieg
05-31-2016, 01:30 AM
It's quite the community, isn't it? I always feel as if we're collectively building one big awesome TDT collection. I secretly hope that twenty years from now, someone will have created a virtual TDT museum where we can meet, chat and stroll through the Detweiller Wing.

allasorte
05-31-2016, 02:25 PM
Does anybody have an extra dust jacket for the numbered Cemetery Dance limited edition of From a Buick 8 that they would be willing to part with? If so, send me a PM. Thanks!

Talk to this guy on Ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-From-a-Buick-8-Cemetery-Dance-Lettered-Edition-Dust-Jacket-/152091709882?hash=item23695f51ba:g:fTIAAOSwKfVXELQ o

Br!an
06-01-2016, 04:14 AM
Does anybody have an extra dust jacket for the numbered Cemetery Dance limited edition of From a Buick 8 that they would be willing to part with? If so, send me a PM. Thanks!

CD still sells them. The gift and traycased limited have the same jacket.

AstroDad
06-09-2016, 06:51 PM
I am on the hunt for #245 of the Artist edition for CD's recent Salem's Lot. If you have it or happen to see it around please PM me!

TCCBodhi
06-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Does anyone with an extra End Of Watch feel like sharing one of their extras to someone on a VERY limited income that barely covers medical bills? Perhaps for that $200-250 range that these will probably settle at? I'd LOVE to complete my set before too many fakes make their way onto the market. I can also use my signed paperback copy of Mr. Mercedes for added trade value.

It's a long shot, but it can never hurt to ask, I suppose.

EDIT: Just looked at older emails and noticed that I'm high enough on David's waitlist to be covered by what he has coming in. Woot!

dnemec
06-22-2016, 04:32 PM
Does anyone have an extra WH Smith copy of Mr. Mercedes? Apparently, I started collecting UK books after it came out so I don't have either UK copy of it. And my FK and EOW will be so lonely without their friend...

stroppygoblin
06-23-2016, 07:05 AM
Does anyone have an extra WH Smith copy of Mr. Mercedes? Apparently, I started collecting UK books after it came out so I don't have either UK copy of it. And my FK and EOW will be so lonely without their friend...

Sorry Dez, I have 2 spare copes of FK but no additional Mr Mercedes. If you find one in the UK and they wont ship stateside, just PM me, I'd be happy to forward it on.

Anubis2347
06-23-2016, 07:34 AM
Is the WH Smith the purple cover edition?

jsmcmullen92
06-23-2016, 07:39 AM
Yup. WH is usually purple and Waterstones is usually Blue.

Anubis2347
06-23-2016, 07:50 AM
I have an extra copy. But I won't be able to get my hands on it and ship until the end of next week. If thats ok PM me.

dnemec
06-23-2016, 10:11 AM
I have an extra copy. But I won't be able to get my hands on it and ship until the end of next week. If thats ok PM me.

Terrific! Thank you!!!

Sovereign
06-23-2016, 06:48 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any #153 King books.

Ari_Racing
06-24-2016, 04:39 AM
It's been a while since I posted here:

Rose Madder's promotional Mask.
The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter to booksellers
The Plant #1 Unsigned
The Plant #3 Unsigned.
Redbook May 1984
Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck

Fsmdr
06-24-2016, 07:40 AM
Anyone with 11/22/63 S/L for sale?

firemonkey66
07-12-2016, 01:13 PM
Does anybody have an extra fine/new Little Sisters of Eluria LSOE dust jacket for the Grant artist edition? If so, please PM me, thanks!

Fsmdr
07-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Does anybody have an extra fine/new Little Sisters of Eluria LSOE dust jacket for the Grant artist edition? If so, please PM me, thanks!

You need to empty your PM inbox

firemonkey66
07-12-2016, 03:55 PM

You need to empty your PM inbox

Oh, I'm sorry. Thanks for letting me know! I just cleared some space.

firemonkey66
07-13-2016, 06:18 AM

Bump.

Beverly Marsh
07-13-2016, 11:13 AM
I will never give up on these!!!

ISO(still)
Running Man UK 1/1
IT art portfolio

amd013
07-13-2016, 02:48 PM
Anyone know where I can get a slipcase for Six Stories? I often see copies of Six Stories sold with after market slip cases, but I never see the spine or both sides. Are these just plain black slipcases, or was there some design on them? I take it some one at some time made a batch of these? If so then I would like to get one consistent with those.

Randall Flagg
07-13-2016, 03:17 PM
Anyone know where I can get a slipcase for Six Stories? I often see copies of Six Stories sold with after market slip cases, but I never see the spine or both sides. Are these just plain black slipcases, or was there some design on them? I take it some one at some time made a batch of these? If so then I would like to get one consistent with those.
The Catalog is your friend.
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Six+Stories+-+S+L

Theli
07-13-2016, 03:20 PM
Looking for a copy of the s/l The Shining from Sub. Press.

'Salem's Lot proof of either the CD copy or preferably the Illustrated edition from 2005 from Doubleday

webstar1000
07-13-2016, 03:21 PM
I knew betts made a few traycases but not sure where the slipcases ones came from or vice versa. The catalogue really doesn't give much info on that part of it unfortunately:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carlosdetweiller
07-13-2016, 04:35 PM
I knew betts made a few traycases but not sure where the slipcases ones came from or vice versa. The catalogue really doesn't give much info on that part of it unfortunately:(

I think Stu at Betts made both the slipcases and traycases; the traycases being the more expensive option.

webstar1000
07-13-2016, 04:37 PM

I think Stu at Betts made both the slipcases and traycases; the traycases being the more expensive option.

Do you remember what the prices were Bob? I seem to think the traycases are more rare as well... I waited a long time to find one perfect with the traycase...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carlosdetweiller
07-13-2016, 04:43 PM

Do you remember what the prices were Bob? I seem to think the traycases are more rare as well... I waited a long time to find one perfect with the traycase...

No. I don't recall. I seem to remember the slipcases coming first and we soon realized that a slipcase wasn't ideal for a paperback with somewhat delicate "French wraps." If one wasn't careful the front or back (or both) covers could get bent going into the slipcase. Stu then made traycases but continued selling the slipcases at a lower price. The price of $40.00 seems right to me for the traycases but my memory may not be accurate on this.

needfulthings
07-13-2016, 11:44 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/9760/QXcuc6.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/3899/1tXaif.jpghttp://imageshack.com/a/img923/3782/uHgbkr.jpg

surly
07-14-2016, 02:41 AM

No. I don't recall. I seem to remember the slipcases coming first and we soon realized that a slipcase wasn't ideal for a paperback with somewhat delicate "French wraps." If one wasn't careful the front or back (or both) covers could get bent going into the slipcase. Stu then made traycases but continued selling the slipcases at a lower price. The price of $40.00 seems right to me for the traycases but my memory may not be accurate on this.

it was $25 for the slipcase and $50 for the traycase.
if i remeber correctly, it lead to some very heated discussion in the newsgroup at the time of why would anyone pay that much to protect a paperback book that only cost $90. in fact, i think Stu left the group and stopped posting because of it.

carlosdetweiller
07-14-2016, 03:31 AM
if i remeber correctly, it lead to some very heated discussion in the newsgroup at the time of why would anyone pay that much to protect a paperback book that only cost $90. in fact, i think Stu left the group and stopped posting because of it.

Thanks. I'm glad you remembered. I also very distinctly remember that several members of the newsgroup refused to buy the book itself thinking $90 was a ridiculously high price for a paperback book (even if it was a S/L). Most of us however couldn't get our payment in quick enough. There was no PayPal then. You had to send payment via snail mail. Somehow the newsgroup (alt.books.stephen_king) was the first to hear about it. I rushed to the bank and got a cashier's check for $90 then hurried to the post office and sent it overnight express mail to Bangor. I ended up with copy #6. Those were the days.

webstar1000
07-14-2016, 04:15 AM

Thanks. I'm glad you remembered. I also very distinctly remember that several members of the newsgroup refused to buy the book itself thinking $90 was a ridiculously high price for a paperback book (even if it was a S/L). Most of us however couldn't get our payment in quick enough. There was no PayPal then. You had to send payment via snail mail. Somehow the newsgroup (alt.books.stephen_king) was the first to hear about it. I rushed to the bank and got a cashier's check for $90 then hurried to the post office and sent it overnight express mail to Bangor. I ended up with copy #6. Those were the days.

OMG are you serious??? LOL So that was the only way to secure a copy? You could not call? What if you sent a check in too late? You just got it sent back? Man I love hearing these old stories...

webstar1000
07-14-2016, 04:15 AM

OMG are you serious??? LOL So that was the only way to secure a copy? You could not call? What if you sent a check in too late? You just got it sent back? Man I love hearing these old stories...

Pasiuk57
07-14-2016, 04:59 AM
I remember selling comics at an early age of about 15 or so. I would advertise in a weekly newspaper for comics, people would mail in orders, I would cash their check(wait till they cleared), then get the package ready, wait in line at the post office. Each sale could take up to a month. Now everything is so instant, which I love.

zelig
07-14-2016, 05:07 AM
I remember selling comics at an early age of about 15 or so. I would advertise in a weekly newspaper for comics, people would mail in orders, I would cash their check(wait till they cleared), then get the package ready, wait in line at the post office. Each sale could take up to a month. Now everything is so instant, which I love.

This brings back some memories for me. I did pretty much the same thing back around 1988 or so. Started a mail order business from home selling science fiction, fantasy and horror books. Placed a small ad in a magazine, printed up a catalog and mailed them out along with an order form to those who responded. Orders would arrive in the mail with checks and then I'd ship them out. Old school mail order.

Bev Vincent
07-14-2016, 06:13 AM

Here is one thread from the newsgroup (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt.books.stephen-king/six$20stories$20traycase/alt.books.stephen-king/FmeUIjqvhrE/jMhOwfS9GQEJ) where the cost of the book and the slipcase is discussed and debated. It confirms the $25/$50 prices for the slipcase/traycase.

carlosdetweiller
07-14-2016, 08:36 AM
Great reading, Bev! Thanks for posting that link. I remember so many of those names and it brought back some great memories. The old newsgroup wasn't as saccharin sweet as this one is sometimes. Controversy and flame wars were frequent and you really had to get yourself ready for battle every time you logged on. I was so intimidated that I was afraid to post most of the time. I was afraid flame throwers like "Dani K." or "Robert Whelan" or "John M." would attack what I said. Hell, I'm still afraid "Dani K." might pop up somewhere even today. That bitch was mean!

Bev Vincent
07-14-2016, 08:40 AM
Great reading, Bev! Thanks for posting that link. I remember so many of those names and it brought back some great memories. The old newsgroup wasn't as saccharin sweet as this one is sometimes. Controversy and flame wars were frequent and you really had to get yourself ready for battle every time you logged on. I was so intimidated that I was afraid to post most of the time. I was afraid flame throwers like "Dani K." or "Robert Whelan" or "John M." would attack what I said. Hell, I'm still afraid "Dani K." might pop up somewhere even today. That bitch was mean!

I'm friends with DaniK on Facebook -- I think she's mellowed a lot over the years!

needfulthings
07-14-2016, 10:10 AM
if i remeber correctly, it lead to some very heated discussion in the newsgroup at the time of why would anyone pay that much to protect a paperback book that only cost $90. in fact, i think Stu left the group and stopped posting because of it.[/QUOTE]
Sales slip from Philtrum Press.
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/1337/bk8nEf.jpg

stroppygoblin
07-14-2016, 11:10 AM
Sweet Jesus Bruce - do you EVER throw anything away??? :evil:

needfulthings
07-14-2016, 11:29 AM
Sweet Jesus Bruce - do you EVER throw anything away??? :evil:
You mean like the sales receipt for the tray case?:lol:
I am NOT a big fan of after market slip or tray cases. I DID feel that this book & My Pretty Pony... SCREEMED for one.

Patrick
07-14-2016, 01:11 PM
Impressive.

I would also love a traycase for my SIX STORIES.

Randall Flagg
07-14-2016, 01:34 PM

Makes our site seem tame.

Roseannebarr
07-14-2016, 01:56 PM
Impressive.

I bought a traycase from Camelot books. odd duck doesn't quite shut. $40

carlosdetweiller
07-14-2016, 02:20 PM

Makes our site seem tame.

It is. Or maybe it is just the way I remember it after 20 years. I was very new to the internet (I guess we all were). But it seemed everyone else had been there for a while and had much more to say than I did. And it was intimidating as hell. Or so I remember. I wanted to be a part of the newsgroup and contribute but as a newcomer I felt shy and unsure as to what was really going on and how to contribute. Everyone else all seemed to know each other pretty well. And they definitely weren't all warm and fuzzy to newcomers. One great bit of nostalgia reading the thread about Betts and the slipcases was that there were no emoticons. We all seemed to learn how to express our thoughts and feelings with words alone.

carlosdetweiller
07-14-2016, 02:25 PM
I also remember in pretty good detail the first time I got up the nerve to respond to Bev Vincent on alt.books.stephen_king. I'll have to tell that story one day.

Rahfa
07-14-2016, 03:43 PM
I don't think I participated in the newsgroup, but I remember the name Robert Whelan - why was he notorious? I recall the name, but no specifics.

Bev Vincent
07-14-2016, 04:00 PM
I don't think I participated in the newsgroup, but I remember the name Robert Whelan - why was he notorious? I recall the name, but no specifics.

He did love an argument.

Rahfa
07-14-2016, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I did some research - I think I DID particpate lightly and do remember that people actually thought Whelan WAS Stephen King.

I could look up my posts, but I probably had a different user name and don't remember what it was.

On-topic - I want Dark Tower II #71 if anybody has it!

Bev Vincent
07-14-2016, 04:02 PM
I also remember in pretty good detail the first time I got up the nerve to respond to Bev Vincent on alt.books.stephen_king. I'll have to tell that story one day.

Do tell! I got to know some great people on that group, including Charlie Fried, Steve Spignesi, Tabby King...and Bob!

carlosdetweiller
07-14-2016, 04:58 PM

Peter Straub showed up periodically on alt.books.stephen_king. King and Straub had said for years (and still do) that they tried to imitate each others styles when writing The Talisman. Because they did it so well it is impossible (or so they say) for them to tell who actually wrote what parts of the book. Robert Whelan didn't believe that and wrote lengthy posts directed to Peter Straub claiming that he knew many of the parts that Straub wrote simply because of the style being so different from King's. Peter argued with him for quite a while but Robert's posts just got longer and more frequent. After a few weeks Peter admitted to writing some of the parts in question.

In 2001 I was at a book signing at Texas Motor Speedway (odd place for a book signing, I know) and Peter Straub was there. We talked for a while and Robert Whelan's name came up. I asked him about it and Peter said that he really couldn't remember if he wrote those parts or not but he said he did because he thought it was the only way to shut Robert up. We laughed at that. I'm pretty sure Bev was there for that conversation.

Robert took part in many other discussions and never would admit he was wrong. But the argument with Straub is the one that I really remember.

webstar1000
07-14-2016, 05:01 PM
Love this shit boys... Keep it coming!!

Bev Vincent
07-14-2016, 05:40 PM

Peter Straub showed up periodically on alt.books.stephen_king. King and Straub had said for years (and still do) that they tried to imitate each others styles when writing The Talisman. Because they did it so well it is impossible (or so they say) for them to tell who actually wrote what parts of the book. Robert Whelan didn't believe that and wrote lengthy posts directed to Peter Straub claiming that he knew many of the parts that Straub wrote simply because of the style being so different from King's. Peter argued with him for quite a while but Robert's posts just got longer and more frequent. After a few weeks Peter admitted to writing some of the parts in question.

In 2001 I was at a book signing at Texas Motor Speedway (odd place for a book signing, I know) and Peter Straub was there. We talked for a while and Robert Whelan's name came up. I asked him about it and Peter said that he really couldn't remember if he wrote those parts or not but he said he did because he thought it was the only way to shut Robert up. We laughed at that. I'm pretty sure Bev was there for that conversation.

Robert took part in many other discussions and never would admit he was wrong. But the argument with Straub is the one that I really remember.

Yeah, I was there at the speedway for that conversation!

Shannon
07-16-2016, 09:57 PM
The Mist DVD: Ultimate Edition with Pop-Up Monster (http://nuno-dvdcollection.blogspot.com/2009/11/mist-ultimate-edition-pop-up-monster.html)

Does anyone have one for sale or know of where I can find one? I could SWEAR I had one of these, because it seems so familiar, but I guess I sold it along with the rest of my stuff. Now that I collect limited edition movies, I'd love to own one again.

becca69
07-17-2016, 08:22 AM
The Mist DVD: Ultimate Edition with Pop-Up Monster (http://nuno-dvdcollection.blogspot.com/2009/11/mist-ultimate-edition-pop-up-monster.html)

Does anyone have one for sale or know of where I can find one? I could SWEAR I had one of these, because it seems so familiar, but I guess I sold it along with the rest of my stuff. Now that I collect limited edition movies, I'd love to own one again.

That's super cool... if you find two, let me know :thumbsup:

amd013
07-18-2016, 12:19 PM
Impressive.

Thanks everyone for the interesting discussion on the history of the slipcase/traycase. I read most of the thread Bev provided. I found the side discussion on fake politeness funny, but sad.

Roseannebarr, is the traycase you bought from Camelot books the same as the one produced by Stu? Do you think the issue with shutting is unique to yours, or probably a problem with all the traycases? In other words for $40, would you do it again?

Thanks,
Mike

Roseannebarr
07-18-2016, 12:54 PM
Impressive.

Thanks everyone for the interesting discussion on the history of the slipcase/traycase. I read most of the thread Bev provided. I found the side discussion on fake politeness funny, but sad.

Roseannebarr, is the traycase you bought from Camelot books the same as the one produced by Stu? Do you think the issue with shutting is unique to yours, or probably a problem with all the traycases? In other words for $40, would you do it again?

Thanks,
Mike

I dont know if its stu's or not. i needed a tray case. It is better than nothing. hope that helps.

SystemCrashOverRide
07-18-2016, 08:55 PM
WTB: copies of the Colorado Kid. Not sure where my paperback made off to, and I don't have the hardcover editions. Please PM me if you have spares of either.

Beverly Marsh
07-19-2016, 05:47 AM
The Running Man UK 1/1(it drives me crazy to have something incomplete!!)
Phantasmagoria issues 8 and 11(see above)
IT art portfolio

jreitan47
07-19-2016, 09:22 AM
Do we have any members here from Spain? I'm looking to get my hands on a copy of the December 2014 Spanish edition of Esquire that has King on the cover. I've seen one on the international eBay site, but it seems a bit high. I'm sure there are some out there a bit cheaper, I just don't know where else to look.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/JReitan47/_57_zpsdtk55vip.jpg

Roseannebarr
07-19-2016, 12:11 PM
Impressive.

Thanks,
Mike

I dont know if its stu's or not. i needed a tray case. It is better than nothing. hope that helps.

just verified with CAmelot. This is not Stu's traycase.

Patrick
07-19-2016, 12:14 PM
Impressive.

Thanks,
Mike

Too bad it doesn't shut all the way. Is it very noticeable?

herbertwest
07-19-2016, 12:34 PM
Do we have any members here from Spain? I'm looking to get my hands on a copy of the December 2014 Spanish edition of Esquire that has King on the cover. I've seen one on the international eBay site, but it seems a bit high. I'm sure there are some out there a bit cheaper, I just don't know where else to look.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/JReitan47/_57_zpsdtk55vip.jpg

Any idea of what it includes? An article about his visit in europe, or an interview or an essay?

I have always been disappointed that the french Playboy didnt have the translation of his stories from the us version

jreitan47
07-19-2016, 12:43 PM
I THINK it's the translation of the story, "That Bus is Another World", which appeared in the August 2014 issue of the English language edition.

you ever seen a ghost?
07-19-2016, 12:45 PM
so, any offers on one of these posters:

http://stephenking.com/promo/hard_listening/sweepstakes/index.html

apparently, only five winners received one. i actually got one by participating in a two-hour interview with the publisher a couple of weeks ago. they sent me that and a $300 Amazon gift card. they had my e-mail from when i requested copies of King's material from Hard Listening a couple of years ago.

the poster is in pretty good shape but is somewhat wrinkled and all from the method in which the shipped it to me.

does this really mean there are only 6 out there in the wild?

Bev Vincent
07-19-2016, 01:02 PM
Any idea of what it includes? An article about his visit in europe, or an interview or an essay?
I have always been disappointed that the french Playboy didnt have the translation of his stories from the us version

I found this description: El relato de Stephen King That Bus Is Another World (Ese Autobús Es Otro Mundo) ha sido publicado en castellano en la edición de diciembre de la revista Esquire (edición España). Además, se incluye un artículo titulado Todos Los Rostros del Rey, sobre la trayectoria del autor de Maine.

So, a translation of That Bus and an overview of his "trajectory" as an author called "All the Faces of the King"

amd013
07-19-2016, 01:10 PM
Impressive.

Thanks,
Mike

Ok Thanks, even though you didn't give it a glowing review, I went ahead and ordered it.

Ari_Racing
07-19-2016, 01:32 PM
I have that magazine. It has that story and an article about him.

herbertwest
07-19-2016, 01:37 PM

I found this description: El relato de Stephen King That Bus Is Another World (Ese Autobús Es Otro Mundo) ha sido publicado en castellano en la edición de diciembre de la revista Esquire (edición España). Además, se incluye un artículo titulado Todos Los Rostros del Rey, sobre la trayectoria del autor de Maine.

So, a translation of That Bus and an overview of his "trajectory" as an author called "All the Faces of the King"

That story was supposed to be inspired to him when he visited France, and we (french) didn't even get that story translated...

stroppygoblin
07-19-2016, 02:15 PM
Impressive.

Thanks,
Mike

Can you post a picture? (of the traycase)

you ever seen a ghost?
07-20-2016, 05:27 AM

apparently, only five winners received one. i actually got one by participating in a two-hour interview with the publisher a couple of weeks ago. they sent me that and a $300 Amazon gift card. they had my e-mail from when i requested copies of King's material from Hard Listening a couple of years ago.

the poster is in pretty good shape but is somewhat wrinkled and all from the method in which the shipped it to me.

really, no interest in this signed King (and others) poster?

Ari_Racing
07-20-2016, 05:56 AM

Which other signed posters do you have and how much are you asking for 'em?

amd013
07-20-2016, 07:23 AM
Impressive.

Thanks,
Mike

Can you post a picture? (of the traycase)

I just got an email from Kim at Camelot books. She said she was ready to ship but noticed the velcro doesn't keep it shut. She said if I was ok with waiting, they would look for a magnetic closure. She sent some pictures to show it:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/FullSizeRender2.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/FullSizeRender21.jpg

Br!an
07-20-2016, 07:51 AM

Which other signed posters do you have and how much are you asking for 'em?

There is only one poster. It is signed by King and other people.

burial
07-21-2016, 01:32 AM
I'm looking for someone who owns Firestarter Press Kit...
msg me pls