PDA

View Full Version : King Books/Items Wanted

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

east-tennessee
04-11-2014, 09:13 PM
I have a new rolled Gunslinger 2nd.........but it would take alot of $JACK$ to part with it..........

Brian.......:tongue:

Randall Flagg
04-12-2014, 05:40 AM
A fine 2nd dj is harder to find than a fine 1st.

Kingfan24
04-12-2014, 06:24 AM
I was also given a rolled jacket bay a member here

stroppygoblin
04-12-2014, 06:52 AM
What price would you put on a fine 2nd? If an unfolded 1st goes for around $100?

Fsmdr
04-12-2014, 07:32 AM
What price would you put on a fine 2nd? If an unfolded 1st goes for around $100?

$100?. I paid close to $200 for a pristine 1st DJ.

stroppygoblin
04-12-2014, 07:38 AM
I understood RF had some for $100?

mcdonaldj
04-12-2014, 07:48 AM
I understood RF had some for $100?

Emphasis on had. My personal opinion is that the S.K. market is getting tighter, prices are going up. For example, 1-2 yrs ago I had no problem finding a NF+ The Shining 1/1 for $200'ish. Now it is proving impossible.

Randall Flagg
04-12-2014, 11:44 AM
Current market is ~150+ for a perfect 1st dj. A NF+ (I have several) is ~$100-$150 (plus tube and shipping). 2nds are hard to find. Perhaps $150-$200 for a fine dj.

stroppygoblin
04-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Happy to pay $100-150 for a NF 2nd if anyone has one...

Randall Flagg
04-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Happy to pay $100-150 for a NF 2nd if anyone has one...
And to think I turned my nose at a few that were nicely priced.
Oh well; that's how it goes.

Randall Flagg
04-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Funny story (I think). Several years ago (~4) I sold a DTI 2nd DJ to someone who is a member here.
I tubed up and sent a a 1st dj by mistake (mine). The person contacted me and sent the 1st dj back and I sent the 2nd dj. I believe that was the last 2nd I ever sold.
Wierd how stuff works.

killbourne
04-13-2014, 11:10 AM
WANTED: s/l salem's lot

Ari_Racing
04-14-2014, 05:14 AM
I'm looking for a copy of The eyes of the dragon S/L.

WeDealInLead
04-15-2014, 06:05 PM
I'm looking for UK paperbacks of DT books other than The Gunslinger. First editions and fine condition only. Thanks.

Lot guy
04-16-2014, 02:39 AM
Salem's Lot Illustrated Edition Proof
Cycle Of The Werewolf Art Portfolio #161

Kingfan24
04-16-2014, 04:20 AM
Looking for two of the more recent common things.

Trade edition and limited edition of turn down the lights.
Trade edition and limited edition of shivers 7.

Dan
04-16-2014, 05:12 AM
Turn Down the Lights limited has not been released

Br!an
04-16-2014, 05:20 AM

I have two Shivers VII w/remarques for sale if you're interested.

Kingfan24
04-16-2014, 05:34 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I thought it had been.

Kingfan24
04-16-2014, 05:34 AM

I have two Shivers VII w/remarques for sale if you're interested.

Hey Brian, thanks for the offer, but I think I'd like them without remarques

Br!an
04-16-2014, 06:07 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I thought it had been.

The first set of signature sheets went missing. They are making progress on the second set being signed.

Aronstg
04-16-2014, 08:00 AM
Ì'm going to be looking for some books to start to build a new collection. I only have 1 signed king book at the moment and would like to get a few more gift editions. I missed out on the FDNS gift edition on Betts. I've got some inquiries out on an IT gift edition and I have access to the DR Sleep and Shining gift editions. What are some must haves in a good King collection for someone on a budget?

stroppygoblin
04-16-2014, 08:08 AM
Ì'm going to be looking for some books to start to build a new collection. I only have 1 signed king book at the moment and would like to get a few more gift editions. I missed out on the FDNS gift edition on Betts. I've got some inquiries out on an IT gift edition and I have access to the DR Sleep and Shining gift editions. What are some must haves in a good King collection for someone on a budget?

Additional GE's: (all beautiful)
Desperation
From a Buick 8
The Talisman (original)
Talisman & Black House (Grant Set)
The Green Mile
The Dead Zone

You shouldn't have too much difficulty in tracking down copies of these and most of them are relatively low money (compared to S/L's)

webstar1000
04-16-2014, 08:11 AM

Good luck man! It is fun to colllllllllllect:)

Aronstg
04-16-2014, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the help!! I think I want to get my hands on a bunch of GE and then try to track down some artists for them to get remarques! This is going to be fun!

stroppygoblin
04-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the help!! I think I want to get my hands on a bunch of GE and then try to track down some artists for them to get remarques! This is going to be fun!

Here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18220-2014-Haven-FundraiserAuction-24-Rachel-Readman-4-Remarques-in-Just-After-Sunset) is a current Haven Fund auction for a Just After Sunset Collectors Edition with FOUR remarques from Rachel Readman. This would be a great start to your collection!!

Kingfan24
04-16-2014, 08:19 AM

Be careful. It is a lot of fun but it is a VERY expensive hobby sometimes and if you aren't careful sometimes you will spend more than you really want to/are able to. I was at that point once and it's not a fun place to be.

Aronstg
04-16-2014, 08:46 AM
Thanks Stroppy. It is a lovely remarque, it's just out of my current budget right now.

Thanks for the advice Kingfan. I've been collecting books for about a year now and I'm just getting into King collecting. It's a serious jump but I think I just need to be patient, look for good deals and be able to pass on things that just don't make fiscal sense at the time. Gift Editions will be a good start and I'll keep my eye out for any S/L releases coming up. I'd like to pick up a few signed 1st/1sts as well, particularly a different seasons 1st/1st. Thankfully I'm a patient person.

Joe315
04-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Another tip is not just to jump at something to fill a hole in your collection. If you want a first edition of The Shining or The Stand, for example, save up for a copy you will be happy with. Don't pay $150 for a copy to fill that empty space on your shelf and then pay $400 for a better copy later on. Save up that $550 and buy a great copy.

Aronstg
04-16-2014, 03:25 PM
Joe315. Noted! I actually have made this mistake in the past. I recently realized that I have about 7 duplicate copies of books right now! Haha

Merlin1958
04-16-2014, 03:27 PM
Another tip is not just to jump at something to fill a hole in your collection. If you want a first edition of The Shining or The Stand, for example, save up for a copy you will be happy with. Don't pay $150 for a copy to fill that empty space on your shelf and then pay $400 for a better copy later on. Save up that $550 and buy a great copy.

Sage advice, my friend!! Wish I had gotten that same advice early on!!

Joe315
04-16-2014, 03:49 PM

Sage advice, my friend!! Wish I had gotten that same advice early on!!

Me too...

:Ball Kick:

kickingmyself

Room 217 Caretaker
04-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Thanks Stroppy. It is a lovely remarque, it's just out of my current budget right now.

Thanks for the advice Kingfan. I've been collecting books for about a year now and I'm just getting into King collecting. It's a serious jump but I think I just need to be patient, look for good deals and be able to pass on things that just don't make fiscal sense at the time. Gift Editions will be a good start and I'll keep my eye out for any S/L releases coming up. I'd like to pick up a few signed 1st/1sts as well, particularly a different seasons 1st/1st. Thankfully I'm a patient person.

Don't listen to these guys...........COME TO THE DARKSIDE (Besides, we have cookies over here)

Merlin1958
04-16-2014, 04:09 PM

Don't listen to these guys...........COME TO THE DARKSIDE (Besides, we have cookies over here)

:emot-roflolmao:

Frankie
04-16-2014, 06:43 PM

I agree with this to an extent, but I also wouldn't turn my nose up at a $60 copy of The Stand just because I also had a $400 copy of The Stand, I would keep both and happily have them on my shelf. Within reason, anyway. I wouldn't buy an ex library copy of The Stand with no DJ. But a well worn but more or less intact copy has a certain appeal to me. It shows the love (it's not carelessness, it's love, goddamnit). A personal preference thing though, for sure. Having said that I own neither a shitty nor a nice copy of the original Stand, and I think I only own two books that I'd ever bother upgrading, and neither is terrible, both are probably at least VG or VG+, and neither is terribly valuable anyway.

If the worst thing that happens to a new King collector is buying a few books that aren't in the greatest shape (at fair market value) that they later want to upgrade, they should count their lucky stars. I think over half the King auctions on eBay are either misrepresented, ridiculously priced, or outright fraudulent.

Frankie
04-16-2014, 06:54 PM
And by no means are the questionable antics confined to eBay. IIRC there's an Insomnia GE on AbeBooks priced within 20 dollars of the cheapest S/L (though I believe that SL is a PC?). Regardless, it's a ridiculous price, bordering on obscene.

There are GE Desperations on Abe priced at ~160, despite the fact you can get them new from Grant for $75.

There's a DT3 through LSoE on Abe for $5,000.

You get my drift. :)

Roseannebarr
04-16-2014, 08:51 PM
I think over half the King auctions on eBay are either misrepresented, priced, or outright fraudulent.[/QUOTE]

I have 7 copies of the dead zone. From ebay. All of them worse than the copy that I originally owned.all misrepresented on ebay! It became a joke, I finally just had to settle for my original copy from the old days! Same with firestarter

Joe315
04-16-2014, 10:17 PM

I agree with this to an extent, but I also wouldn't turn my nose up at a $60 copy of The Stand just because I also had a $400 copy of The Stand, I would keep both and happily have them on my shelf. Within reason, anyway. I wouldn't buy an ex library copy of The Stand with no DJ. But a well worn but more or less intact copy has a certain appeal to me. It shows the love (it's not carelessness, it's love, goddamnit). A personal preference thing though, for sure. Having said that I own neither a shitty nor a nice copy of the original Stand, and I think I only own two books that I'd ever bother upgrading, and neither is terrible, both are probably at least VG or VG+, and neither is terribly valuable anyway.

If the worst thing that happens to a new King collector is buying a few books that aren't in the greatest shape (at fair market value) that they later want to upgrade, they should count their lucky stars. I think over half the King auctions on eBay are either misrepresented, ridiculously priced, or outright fraudulent.

Don't disagree with anything you said. I think the message at the core of my point is to be careful and not rush a purchase just because it's there. You might be able to find a great copy on the cheap. You just have to be patient, do your research, and make sure your happy with everything before you buy.

I rushed a purchase a couple times and ended up upgrading the copy because ultimately I wasn't satisfied with the book. Now, with a bit more collecting experience under my belt, I am trying to get what I want on the first go 'round, even if it costs a bit more and takes a little longer to get.

Example being, I have two firsts of the stand. If I had the patience to do the research and not worry about someone else snapping up the copy, I would have a nicer copy of the book that I would be 100% satisfied with. Now there is nothing wrong with the copies I have and I do really enjoy them, but it is one of my favorite books and I want a great looking copy for my shelf.

webstar1000
04-17-2014, 03:15 AM
I think over half the King auctions on eBay are either misrepresented, priced, or outright fraudulent.

I have 7 copies of the dead zone. From ebay. All of them worse than the copy that I originally owned.all misrepresented on ebay! It became a joke, I finally just had to settle for my original copy from the old days! Same with firestarter[/QUOTE]

LOL I have 4 copies! Why is this book done like this? I went after each one and they all gave my money back and did not want their BCE back. lol

Frankie
04-17-2014, 05:32 AM
Dead Zone and Firestarter are definitely the two worst from my experience. Seems like everyone agrees that the old Viking books just don't hold up well. The Dead Zone is one of the few books in my collection that I wouldn't mind upgrading.

My two best stories (scams) from when I first started collection were when the guy sent me a BCE of IT instead of the 1st. He claimed it was an honest mistake and sent me the 1st for free (and let me keep the BCE, not really worth shipping back obviously), but since it takes all of 3 seconds to check the DJ for a price before you ship the book, I don't really buy it.

The other was I think the Dark Half. I had a 1st bought at release but before I was collecting, so it was a well read copy. Think I may have even lost the DJ. So I just wanted a nice copy for the shelf. The listing described the copy as being in "good condition" but then went on to use something like "a very nice copy in great shape" or something similar. If he'd just said good without any other adjectives I wouldn't have bought it, but since he also said "nice" and "great" I figured he was using the word good in the general sense. Got the book and it looked like it had been read by a coal miner on his lunch breaks. Never seen a book that filthy in my life. I think that may be the only negative eBay feedback I've ever left.

stroppygoblin
04-17-2014, 05:46 AM
Although I agree there are many dubious sellers on ebay, most of the problems are down to sellers who simply have no clue about what they are selling. They look at a book (presumably previously belonging to their parents/ex boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/brother/sister/etc) and read "first published in..." and think "cool a first edition! - i'll make a fortune".

It does my head in wading through auction after auction trying to separate the wheat from the chaff. I have lost count of the number of times I have sent a message with:

1. Is there a price on the dust cover?
2. What is the number line on the cover page state? Hint: it will look something like 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

99/100 I have had to explain further and then tell them - That's NOT a first edition.

divemaster
04-17-2014, 05:53 AM
99/100 I have had to explain further and then tell them - That's NOT a first edition.

Yeah, and when you do that, they respond "You suck!" "You are an idiot!" "If you ever contact me again, I'll have eBay BAN YOU!!!"

skyofcrack
04-17-2014, 08:59 AM
I'm so glad that most of my King collection was either purchased new in actual stores (discounted/remaindered) or, if through the mail only new copies. I can't imagine dealing with eBay'ers and tons of used King books. Ugh.

Kingfan24
04-17-2014, 09:05 AM
What is a decent price for the paperback house next door signed by king?

Randall Flagg
04-17-2014, 09:20 AM
Got the book and it looked like it had been read by a coal miner on his lunch breaks. Never seen a book that filthy in my life. I think that may be the only negative eBay feedback I've ever left.
:biggrin: rep points for that.

Kingfan24
04-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Does anyone have any of the early king magazine appearances for sale?

BrighterDeathNow
04-17-2014, 03:43 PM
In search of:

DT 5 Artist Ed. x2
DT 6 Artist Ed. x2

7 is still available at Grant so I won't be needing those.

mistercrowley
04-18-2014, 04:47 AM
I have a DT5 AE if your interested pm me

stroppygoblin
04-18-2014, 06:29 AM
David at Betts books has a DT 6 AE, still in shrink wrap.

killbourne
04-18-2014, 02:45 PM
Wanted:
s/l salem's lot
signed salem's lot 1/1
s/l cujo
s/l blockade billy

Priest
04-22-2014, 10:00 AM
Hey Folks,

i am searching for a fine 1/1 The Stand - (the cut version, not the 1990s)
I am absolute fine to pay a fair price for it, as long as it really is a fine copy.

Please give me a short PM if you wan a sell one.
BR Priest

webstar1000
04-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Matching IT S/L and Portfolio....:)

Robert Fulman
04-23-2014, 11:13 AM
I'll bite... Is there a reason you can't just use this page: http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_CERTS?

stroppygoblin
04-23-2014, 11:31 AM
I think the idea is to save a little $$$.
If a member here has one (given as a gift, etc) that maybe due to expire and have nothing they need to use it on, they may wish to sell it at less than cover price.

They get some money instead of wasting it and the buyer saves some too.

Correct?

Randall Flagg
04-23-2014, 12:12 PM
If a member here has one (given as a gift, etc) that maybe due to expire and have nothing they need to use it on, they may wish to sell it at less than cover price.

Correct?
I wasn't aware the gift certificates expire.

Patrick
04-23-2014, 01:26 PM

Correct?
They don't.

stroppygoblin
04-23-2014, 01:37 PM

Correct?
They don't.

My mistake, supposition on my part.

Patrick
04-23-2014, 01:45 PM
No worries, stroppy.

tippy4
04-23-2014, 02:06 PM

Correct?
They don't.

They don't expire in the state of California (where Patrick, Jerome, and I live).

I don't believe the same is true throughout the country, and the rest of the world.

Typical Californian arrogance to assume that as California goes, so goes the rest of the world. :P

READ MORE (http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/question-legal-gift-certificates-expire-27997.html)

Randall Flagg
04-23-2014, 02:20 PM

Correct?
They don't.

They don't expire in the state of California (where Patrick, Jerome, and I live).

I don't believe the same is true throughout the country, and the rest of the world.

Typical Californian arrogance to assume that as California goes, so goes the rest of the world. :P

READ MORE (http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/question-legal-gift-certificates-expire-27997.html)
Not that it would happen to CD, but if a business goes bankrupt, then all bets are off on GC's. An example I am aware of was Circuit City. My wife had ~$200 in GC's from them that became worthless. My point would be, spend them in a reasonable amount of time. It's good for you.

Br!an
04-23-2014, 02:38 PM

Correct?
They don't.

CD gift certificates don't expire. I have had other GCs expire. Phone cards too.

The coupon for the CD book club does expire one month after issue. If there is nothing I want to buy with the coupon that month I buy a gift certificate and use that when there is something more interesting.

sgc1999
04-24-2014, 12:39 PM
USE IT OR LOSE IT SISTER!!!
I believe that was a quote from Jim Carrey.

Nickelwise
04-25-2014, 09:27 AM
I'd be potentially interested in just about anything signed, if it's inscribed "To Wes" I'm sure more than a long shot, but I thought I'd put it out there.

_PCC_
04-27-2014, 11:27 AM
Hi, interested in finding a CD slipcase for Duma Key.

Priest
04-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Just wondering if somebody here is willing so tell me a S/L Gunslinger ?
Let me know if you have one more then you actually need ;D

webstar1000
04-29-2014, 06:31 AM
Looking for:

Cycle of Werewolf S/L with matching Portfolio
Matching It with Portfolio
Insomnia #459
Matching Talisman, Black House and GE

All Fine/fine.

PM me if you have something.. thanks!

jonahwriter
04-29-2014, 07:06 AM
Looking for:

Signed "Just After Sunset" bookplate (with "N" illustration)

EXPLORER
04-29-2014, 12:50 PM
Hi, interested in finding a CD slipcase for Duma Key.

Have a few, however they all seem to have signed copies in them.
Checking to see if have any others. I bought several at one time.

killbourne
05-03-2014, 03:05 AM
Lettered Joyland + cash for s/l gunslinger...long shot, but thought I would put it out there.

carlosdetweiller
05-03-2014, 04:01 PM
I am looking for a first edition Carrie dust jacket. Anyone with just the dust jacket for sale please let me know. Thanks.

erxbooks
05-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Does anyone know if there is any kind of a slipcase that will hold the F&SF Gunslinger magazines?

thegreattim
05-04-2014, 01:37 PM
I feel like Camelot made one some years ago, but I could be way off.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-04-2014, 01:57 PM
Does anyone know if there is any kind of a slipcase that will hold the F&SF Gunslinger magazines?

I made one a few years ago from 1/8" clear acetate. It was so gorgeous I had several masterbatery experiencies just recalling the smooth clear lines and figure hugging properties...

... Mmmmmm I'm satisfied!

All kidding aside, I made a clear acetate slipcase for my copies. I think I sold it to a member on here, for a few bucks.

stroppygoblin
05-04-2014, 02:42 PM

I had Jeff make a custom one...
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/stroppygoblin/D75E8090-D121-448A-8356-711D9BD1F112_zpsacdcxsrz.jpg (http://s938.photobucket.com/user/stroppygoblin/media/D75E8090-D121-448A-8356-711D9BD1F112_zpsacdcxsrz.jpg.html)

skyofcrack
05-04-2014, 02:43 PM

Dolso made a couple and might be persuaded to make some more:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/685/medium/F_SF_For_Sale_2_doc.JPG

https://www.bookslipcase.com/Home.html

I'd love to get one myself. Maybe if the dimensions were a bit wider to accommodate the magazines being inside protective bags.

Patrick
05-04-2014, 10:00 PM

I made one a few years ago from 1/8" clear acetate. It was so gorgeous I had several masterbatery experiencies just recalling the smooth clear lines and figure hugging properties...

... Mmmmmm I'm satisfied!

All kidding aside, I made a clear acetate slipcase for my copies. I think I sold it to a member on here, for a few bucks.
I bought one like that on eBay years ago. After that description, I hope that Mr. R. T. was not the seller!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/JHPatrick/Books/SK-SaSF-1.jpg

subie09lega
05-05-2014, 05:30 AM
I'm looking for a S/L Blockade Billy, if anyone has a copy they're willing to part with, PM me.

webstar1000
05-05-2014, 05:44 AM
I'm looking for a S/L Blockade Billy, if anyone has a copy they're willing to part with, PM me.

There is one I never see come up for sale:( I need one too...

bdwyer19
05-05-2014, 05:56 AM

A day late, but one just sold in eBay yesterday for $634.

subie09lega
05-05-2014, 06:06 AM
I actually bid on that one but I didn't quite bid enough, unless the winner bid a lot more than the winning bid which would mean I didn't bid near enough. There are some on ABE but they start at $1K and go up from there which I think is outrageous for this. I may make them an offer and see if they'll accept it. The worst they can do is say no, or just ignore me.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-05-2014, 07:46 AM
I bought one like that on eBay years ago. After that description, I hope that Mr. R. T. was not the seller!

Mine looked exactly like that! (I sold mine with the books as well).

killbourne
05-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Wanted: s/l of salem's lot. So, if you got one for sale, let me know.

The Library Policeman
05-06-2014, 04:44 AM
Looking for the New English Library paperback first printing of Carrie. If anyone can point me in the direction of a copy I'd be your pal for life. :D

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-06-2014, 08:10 AM
Looking for the New English Library paperback first printing of Carrie. If anyone can point me in the direction of a copy I'd be your pal for life. :D

Its hard to get one in good condition. Bob's is the best I've seen.

biomieg
05-06-2014, 08:33 AM
I have a copy, Alan. I'll send you some pics if I don't forget.

The Library Policeman
05-06-2014, 08:54 AM

Its hard to get one in good condition. Bob's is the best I've seen.

Yep I can't find a copy anywhere in ANY condition! Bob's is a beaut though. :)

I have a copy, Alan. I'll send you some pics if I don't forget.

That'd be great, thanks Michaël!

Randall Flagg
05-06-2014, 12:02 PM

There is one I never see come up for sale:( I need one too...
I have a couple. PM sent to subie09lega.
webstar, PM me if you also still want one.

biomieg
05-07-2014, 01:45 AM
Alan, here you go (I figured I might as well post them here for the enjoyment of our collector friends :)) As you can see the pics are not great but I guess they'll do. Book is covered by one of those vinyl (?) covers.

Front:
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1399455781-10350432_10203463554220159_9138325915573700433_n.j pg

Back:
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1399455791-10258661_10203463554380163_176796375507374379_n.jp g

Spine:
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1399455801-1098203_10203463554700171_95227542359274933_n.jpg

The Library Policeman
05-07-2014, 01:50 AM
Wow! Superb copy. Thank you, Michaël :D

biomieg
05-07-2014, 01:52 AM
BTW, this might raise the 'Open Market' discussion again but I guess the consensus is that this edition is the first?

The Library Policeman
05-07-2014, 01:53 AM
I'd say it is most definitely the first edition :)

AKC
05-08-2014, 07:05 AM
S/L Joyland....

Yep, there is one on eBay that's priced about $150.00 too high....

mistercrowley
05-08-2014, 08:19 AM
I have one available Akc if your interested pm me

DanishFan
05-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Any help would be much appreciated here...I'm looking for info on the following: 1) King apparently wrote the official biography of Richard Bachman. It can be found on various websites, but I'm looking for info on when it was written and where it was first posted (or published if it was in some fanzine or something). On King's own MB nobody could help, not even the Moderator bothered to check into it, and people kept sending me the text of the Bachman Books intros, which was not what I asked for. 2) The US ARCs of The Green Mile, Bag of Bones and Hearts in Atlantis have letters from King to booksellers/reviewers. It seems like not all copies of them do, so they are likely scarce. Does anyone here have them and could perhaps do a scan or something? I do know some of the UK ARCs also has these letters, but I'm mostly interested in the US (first) ones. The Green Mile ARC letter is not the same as the Foreword: A Letter piece. 3) This is probably a bit of a stretch, but since this place is for the real collectors, I'll ask anyway: Way back in 2001, when readers submitted their writing samples on King's site (the On Writing Dick and Jane-exercises), a short note by King popped up, thanking the participants. The now defunct Needful Things website had the note on their site, but the first appearance (King's site) can't be found anywhere, not via Wayback. So does anyone here remembers it and perhaps (a stretch, I know) saved it as a pdf or printed it out? The same with a short comment by King on his own MB in September 2005, where the patrons wrote a birthday story for King. King praised it with a short note. That note appeared on Bev Vincent's MB, but the hardcore collector here wants to know if, again, someone might have saved it in one way or another from King's site? And finally (that's a promise): Philtrum Press had a full-page advertisement for the online The Plant publication, in USA Today and Publishers Weekly. The ad has a short note by King (displayed in one of the Phantasmagoria newsletters that I have). Does anyone have the USA Today/Publishers Weekly with the ad? Sorry for my ramblings, I've just become more and more "obsessive" trying to find everything King has published, even the "less important" pieces such as these.

webstar1000
05-08-2014, 08:33 AM
S/L Joyland....

$150 for an S/L Joyland too high? I missing something?

Robert Fulman
05-08-2014, 08:39 AM
The cheapest one on eBay is $495, which is "about $150 too high", meaning he thinks it's worth $350.

webstar1000
05-08-2014, 09:01 AM
The cheapest one on eBay is $495, which is "about $150 too high", meaning he thinks it's worth $350.

ahhhhhhhhhh.... got it. I'm brain dead today!

herbertwest
05-08-2014, 10:09 AM
Any help would be much appreciated here...I'm looking for info on the following:

1) King apparently wrote the official biography of Richard Bachman. It can be found on various websites, but I'm looking for info on when it was written and where it was first posted (or published if it was in some fanzine or something).
On King's own MB nobody could help, not even the Moderator bothered to check into it, and people kept sending me the text of the Bachman Books intros, which was not what I asked for.

2) The US ARCs of The Green Mile, Bag of Bones and Hearts in Atlantis have letters from King to booksellers/reviewers. It seems like not all copies of them do, so they are likely scarce. Does anyone here have them and could perhaps do a scan or something? I do know some of the UK ARCs also has these letters, but I'm mostly interested in the US (first) ones.
The Green Mile ARC letter is not the same as the Foreword: A Letter piece.

3) This is probably a bit of a stretch, but since this place is for the real collectors, I'll ask anyway: Way back in 2001, when readers submitted their writing samples on King's site (the On Writing Dick and Jane-exercises), a short note by King popped up, thanking the participants.
The now defunct Needful Things website had the note on their site, but the first appearance (King's site) can't be found anywhere, not via Wayback. So does anyone here remembers it and perhaps (a stretch, I know) saved it as a pdf or printed it out? The same with a short comment by King on his own MB in September 2005, where the patrons wrote a birthday story for King.
King praised it with a short note.
That note appeared on Bev Vincent's MB, but the hardcore collector here wants to know if, again, someone might have saved it in one way or another from King's site? And finally (that's a promise): Philtrum Press had a full-page advertisement for the online The Plant publication, in USA Today and Publishers Weekly.
The ad has a short note by King (displayed in one of the Phantasmagoria newsletters that I have). Does anyone have the USA Today/Publishers Weekly with the ad?

Sorry for my ramblings, I've just become more and more "obsessive" trying to find everything King has published, even the "less important" pieces such as these.

Those looks interesting. Sorry that I cannot help.
May I suggest that you make your post "clearer" to read, by adding spaces and going to the next line, such as your quoted message above? (instead of one giant block of text)

DanishFan
05-08-2014, 10:49 AM
Yes, of course, I can see it needed some more consideration and paragraphs

AKC
05-08-2014, 11:49 AM
S/L Joyland....

I have one available Akc if your interested pm me

PP Gift Payment sent......and THAT is how we do things!

Thanks!

AKC

Randall Flagg
05-08-2014, 12:35 PM
2) The US ARCs of The Green Mile, Bag of Bones and Hearts in Atlantis have letters from King to booksellers/reviewers. It seems like not all copies of them do, so they are likely scarce. Does anyone here have them and could perhaps do a scan or something? I do know some of the UK ARCs also has these letters, but I'm mostly interested in the US (first) ones. The Green Mile ARC letter is not the same as the Foreword: A Letter piece.
The Catalog is your friend:
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Stephen+King+Manuscripts+Proofs +and+ARCs:Bag+of+Bones

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1340357601-Bag%20of%20Bones%20proof%20letter.jpg

mistercrowley
05-08-2014, 12:35 PM
Fast and easy. Pleasure doing business Tim

herbertwest
05-09-2014, 04:04 AM
2) The US ARCs of The Green Mile, Bag of Bones and Hearts in Atlantis have letters from King to booksellers/reviewers. It seems like not all copies of them do, so they are likely scarce. Does anyone here have them and could perhaps do a scan or something? I do know some of the UK ARCs also has these letters, but I'm mostly interested in the US (first) ones. The Green Mile ARC letter is not the same as the Foreword: A Letter piece.
The Catalog is your friend:
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Stephen+King+Manuscripts+Proofs +and+ARCs:Bag+of+Bones

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1340357601-Bag%20of%20Bones%20proof%20letter.jpg

This letter isnt from King ;-)

biomieg
05-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Wanted - the following UK proofs:

The Dead Zone
Firestarter
Christine
Thinner
Skeleton Crew (edit: partial proof)
The Talisman
IT
The Eyes of the Dragon
Misery

Modest goals, right? They will keep me busy for some time, I'm sure.

If you happen to have a lead on any of these, please let me know. Thank you! Most important to me right now are Thinner and Skeleton Crew.

carlosdetweiller
05-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Most important to me right now are Thinner and Skeleton Crew.

I've never seen a UK full proof of Skeleton Crew. I have only seen the partial proof which includes the "Introduction," "Here There Be Tygers," "The Monkey," "The Jaunt," "The Raft," "Nona," "Survivor Type," and "Gramma."

Is that the one you are after or are you hunting a full contents proof?

biomieg
05-09-2014, 02:42 PM
I should have specified that I am indeed looking for the partial proof. Like you, I have never heard of or seen a UK full proof of Skeleton Crew.

killbourne
05-10-2014, 09:45 AM
If anyone wants to sell their s/l salems lot....let me know. I figure some people may need to sell some stuff in regards to getting ready for the carrie stampede.

Merlin1958
05-10-2014, 03:22 PM
If anyone wants to sell their s/l salems lot....let me know. I figure some people may need to sell some stuff in regards to getting ready for the carrie stampede.

Sell a 'Salem's Lot S/L to pay for a "Carrie 40th anniversary"? Say it ain't so!!!! No offense, but that would seem crazy to me. JMHO Unless you happen to have two.

skyofcrack
05-11-2014, 05:37 AM
The US ARCs of The Green Mile, Bag of Bones and Hearts in Atlantis have letters from King to booksellers/reviewers. It seems like not all copies of them do, so they are likely scarce. Does anyone here have them and could perhaps do a scan or something? I do know some of the UK ARCs also has these letters, but I'm mostly interested in the US (first) ones. The Green Mile ARC letter is not the same as the Foreword: A Letter piece.

Bag of Bones letter from Holographic ARC:
http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/skyofcrack/stephen_king/sk_bob_arc_letter_zpsc6cf6470.jpg~original

carlosdetweiller
05-11-2014, 06:32 AM
If viewed separately from the letter I wonder how many of us would think that signature was legit? I don't think I would. Worrisome.

Dan
05-11-2014, 06:35 AM
If viewed separately from the letter I wonder how many of us would think that signature was legit? I don't think I would. Worrisome.

Agreed. I never chime in because I am not even close to being an expert, but sometimes they calls of fake on here seemed ok to me. That's why I'm pretty much sticking to S/L's or flat signed from reputable people like Dave at Betts.

tippy4
05-11-2014, 06:52 AM

Agreed. I never chime in because I am not even close to being an expert, but sometimes they calls of fake on here seemed ok to me. That's why I'm pretty much sticking to S/L's or flat signed from reputable people like Dave at Betts.

I don't think it is legit.

Probably some lackey at Hodder signed it.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-11-2014, 08:25 AM

I agree with Tippy.

Randall Flagg
05-11-2014, 12:10 PM

I agree with Tippy.
I third the opinion.

killbourne
05-11-2014, 01:51 PM

Sell a 'Salem's Lot S/L to pay for a "Carrie 40th anniversary"? Say it ain't so!!!! No offense, but that would seem crazy to me. JMHO Unless you happen to have two.
I was referring to the version of CARRIE that was recently announced by PS that will lettered and signed by king that everyone is expecting to be costly. :mad1: I hope that it is clear. ANyway, for whatever reason one may have, if you need to sell your s/l salem's lot, please take me into consideration. I even have a extra s/l IT or s/l Doc Sleep that along with some cash...if anyone is needing such.

herbertwest
05-12-2014, 12:31 AM
I dont remember reading anything about that lettered, and even less that it will be signed. Did I miss something?

killbourne
05-12-2014, 01:25 AM
I dont remember reading anything about that lettered, and even less that it will be signed. Did I miss something?
The regular slipcased edition is going to follow the same standard and format we used for Christine and Pet Sematary. For the text paper, we’re working on using 120gsm Munken Lynx on both editions. And as soon as we’ve completed the various tests, the signing sheets will go to print next week and should be sent out to the various perps for completion week commencing 19 May (by which time production of the slipcased edition and the slipcases themselves should be well underway—probably early next week). As to when copies of the book will actually start going out, well, that depends on how fast Messrs. Chadbourne, Lovegrove and Newman complete their signing chores (the author’s signature in the slipcased edition is a facsimile).

The deluxe edition has a couple more component parts.

Artist Glenn Chadbourne is hard at it working his way through 26 one-off super-limited pieces of artwork (‘super limited’ as in “one of one”, sports fans!) that will be included in the traycase as a separate item. But in addition to this, there will be a separate 300 gsm artstock catalogue featuring prints of all 26 pieces. The gallery will be limp sewn bound and will be placed into the tray case with the other items.

The actual book will measure 254 x 175mm / 10" x 7" (trimmed page size) with colour leaves printed on 130gsm gloss/silk (tbc). Where plates fall, blank pages will be left for colour leaves to be tipped onto them. These colour leaves will be trimmed to fit within the page (e.g. 224 x 145mm) leaving a white border all round. The book will be section sewn and printed in 4 colour throughout. Nicky is ironing out final choices for head- and tail-bands, ribbon markers, and material options for boards and traycase. The 26 deluxe edition copies are going to be hand prepared by Blissets (www.blissetts.com) in tandem with TJ, our regular printers (and while we’re mentioning them, hearty congratulations to Neil on the birth of Athena just a few days ago. We’re expecting her to take her position on the production line like the rest of us!)

Of course, the signing sheet of each copy of the deluxe edition will be lettered (as in A—Z, kids!) and that letter will be carried forward onto the gallery catalogue, the special original artwork envelope, the book exterior and the actual traycase.

So far, so good.

So, when will it be ready? I reckon it should be June—Nicky and I are keen to have the book as a birthday present to the both of us (Nicky is 3 July and I’m 4th) but we’ll have to see. Oh, there’s one more thing: Stephen has agreed to sign the sheets for the lettered edition but those sheets are going to be included in the actual book design. So instead of receiving 26 single pages, Stephen, Glenn, James and Kim will receive the eight-page sections, giving us the benefit of not having to tip in the sheets later. We’ll be doing this on all future deluxe lettered editions and we’re already well into plans for Thinner, which will feature cover and interior artwork from Edward Miller and Les Edwards plus (in the deluxe traycased edition) remarques from Les.

I’d like for us to be in a position to put up the order page in the next 10-14 days and certainly before the end of the month at which time, with all tests completed and signatures underway, we’ll be able to confirm all publishing details. We’ll be announcing the date and time of the page being uploaded after which it’ll be every man and woman for themselves. The page will feature an automatic reverse counter and copies will be allocated on a strict first-come, first-served basis and limited to one per customer.

I tells you, we’re all of us super-excited about this!

killbourne
05-12-2014, 01:26 AM
Stephen has agreed to sign the sheets for the lettered edition but those sheets are going to be included in the actual book design. So instead of receiving 26 single pages, Stephen, Glenn, James and Kim will receive the eight-page sections, giving us the benefit of not having to tip in the sheets later. We’ll be doing this on all future deluxe lettered editions and we’re already well into plans for Thinner, which will feature cover and interior artwork from Edward Miller and Les Edwards plus (in the deluxe traycased edition) remarques from Les.

Ari_Racing
05-12-2014, 08:48 AM
Do all the holographic ARCs of Bag of Bones include the letter?

skyofcrack
05-12-2014, 08:53 AM

Holographic ARC copies info:

One of a reported 200 copies printed
Includes a bound in letter to the constant reader with printed signature

jhanic
05-12-2014, 09:19 AM

Holographic ARC copies info:

One of a reported 200 copies printed
Includes a bound in letter to the constant reader with printed signature

I disagree with the 200-copy limitation. They seem more common than that.

John

tippy4
05-12-2014, 08:17 PM
Did CD produce a slipcase for Duma Key, and if so, does anyone have a spare?

Willing to pay cash, or make a trade....

To trade, I have:

CD slipcase for the GE of IT
Misery Promo Notepad
Doctor Sleep Promo Sleep Mask
Vincent Chong Sketch Book
UK Cell Promo Booklet

Email me (ornate1@aol.com)

Aronstg
05-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Tippy,

I'm not sure if Cd did but Overlook did for sure. I think you can get them on ebay for $10.

tippy4
05-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Thanks....I have seen The Overlook slipcases...eh...they're ok....really like what I have in regards to the CD Wind Through The Keyhole, Doctor Sleep, and Full Dark No Stars slipcases.

stroppygoblin
05-13-2014, 12:04 AM
Yes, CD made one. Much nicer than the Overlook one IMHO.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/X_CASES034.jpg

stroppygoblin
05-13-2014, 03:50 PM
I have recently picked up Carrie and 'salem's Lot in this later printing series (I already had Night Shift) Does anyone have a copy of The Shining edition they would be willing to part with?

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/SKVarious.jpg

Patrick
05-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Yes, CD made one. Much nicer than the Overlook one IMHO.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/X_CASES034.jpg
I have slipcase envy. I'd love to pick one up if anybody has a reasonably priced spare they'd like to unload. Tippy should have first shot at making a deal though, since he brought up the subject.

Robert Fulman
05-13-2014, 06:30 PM
I have recently picked up Carrie and 'salem's Lot in this later printing series (I already had Night Shift) Does anyone have a copy of The Shining edition they would be willing to part with?

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa411/ELazansky/Books/SKVarious.jpgI don't have the Shining (not in my collecting universe), but I have a mental list of "cool things carlosdetweiller has posted", and there is variant Carrie where the title is written horizontally on the spine, rather than vertically. You should try to find that one, too (I'm sure this is where Bob comes in and says, "There's only of those, and I have it.")

stroppygoblin
05-14-2014, 12:26 AM
I don't have the Shining (not in my collecting universe), but I have a mental list of "cool things carlosdetweiller has posted", and there is variant Carrie where the title is written horizontally on the spine, rather than vertically. You should try to find that one, too (I'm sure this is where Bob comes in and says, "There's only of those, and I have it.")

These were out of my "I only collect...." universe as well, but I already had Night Shift (from a purchase so long ago I cant remember where I got it) and I saw Carrie and 'salems Lot on ebay for a couple of $'s each. Impulse bought both and now want to complete the set. I have bought a couple of 1st edition variants recently and am trying NOT to look for more! :nope:

carlosdetweiller
05-14-2014, 04:43 AM
I don't have the Shining (not in my collecting universe), but I have a mental list of "cool things carlosdetweiller has posted", and there is variant Carrie where the title is written horizontally on the spine, rather than vertically. You should try to find that one, too (I'm sure this is where Bob comes in and says, "There's only of those, and I have it.")

There is certainly more than one because I have two. I got the first one years ago directly from Peter Schneider. It was my understanding that they never made it to retail outlets and the jacket was redesigned so that the title was printed vertically on the spine so it could be read. But I found my second copy on eBay from a seller who had no inside publishing contacts and had no idea it was a variant. So I think that some of the early jackets did make it to retail outlets. I think there are some out there if you look.

stroppygoblin
05-14-2014, 07:37 AM

There is certainly more than one because I have two. I got the first one years ago directly from Peter Schneider. It was my understanding that they never made it to retail outlets and the jacket was redesigned so that the title was printed vertically on the spine so it could be read. But I found my second copy on eBay from a seller who had no inside publishing contacts and had no idea it was a variant. So I think that some of the early jackets did make it to retail outlets. I think there are some out there if you look.

Bob, I just went through your collections thread looking for this (never a chore, always a pleasure) but I didn't see any pictures of the Carrie Variant. Any chance you could repost or point me to where you showed them?

thegunslinger41
05-14-2014, 07:42 AM
I would like a CLEAN first print of THE LONG WALK. Sigh...maybe one day soon. :)

carlosdetweiller
05-14-2014, 08:09 AM

Bob, I just went through your collections thread looking for this (never a chore, always a pleasure) but I didn't see any pictures of the Carrie Variant. Any chance you could repost or point me to where you showed them?

Sure. I'll try to do that when I get home later today.

webstar1000
05-14-2014, 08:43 AM
I want Gunslinger41's matching Talisman and Black House set:) lol

Priest
05-14-2014, 10:33 AM
seams that i do not have luck with my searches, so here is something different.

Anybody willing to sell a Centipede Press Salems Lot Gift ?

webstar1000
05-14-2014, 10:34 AM

I think (could be wrong) that Ben had one with Collector Traycase and prints for like $600. Check with him

carlosdetweiller
05-14-2014, 11:14 AM

Here are the photos (first state on the left, final version on right):

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/carrienewdjspines.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/carrienewdjs-1.jpg

herbertwest
05-14-2014, 01:16 PM
Am I the only person that is being annoyed by the fact that, sometimes, different publishers write the title or King's name in a different direction?
It also happens with books of the same publisher. At least it's the case in France.
It looks odd on a shelve

Ari_Racing
05-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Am I the only person that is being annoyed by the fact that, sometimes, different publishers write the title or King's name in a different direction?
It also happens with books of the same publisher. At least it's the case in France.
It looks odd on a shelve

OCD!

:D

stroppygoblin
05-14-2014, 02:14 PM
Thanks Bob. Interestingly they kept the Horizontal Printing for Night Shift, not sure about the other 2 however.

stroppygoblin
05-14-2014, 02:39 PM

You have a PM Priest.

carlosdetweiller
05-14-2014, 03:11 PM
Thanks Bob. Interestingly they kept the Horizontal Printing for Night Shift, not sure about the other 2 however.

The other two are also horizontally printed. I think they were all done at the same time so, initially, all four were horizontal. But Carrie, being thinner, didn't look right so it had to be redone.

stroppygoblin
05-14-2014, 03:18 PM

The other two are also horizontally printed. I think they were all done at the same time so, initially, all four were horizontal. But Carrie, being thinner, didn't look right so it had to be redone.

Ah Ok, makes sense. Any opinion on value of the 4 as a set? (assuming Fine copies)

carlosdetweiller
05-14-2014, 04:54 PM

Ah Ok, makes sense. Any opinion on value of the 4 as a set? (assuming Fine copies)

I would guess maybe $15 to $20 apiece for really nice copies? I haven't followed any recent sales so it is just a guess.

Pasiuk57
05-15-2014, 04:17 AM
Bob
what printing were they?

carlosdetweiller
05-15-2014, 04:30 AM
Bob
what printing were they?

Carrie - 13th
'Salem's Lot - 15th
The Shining - 14th
Night Shift - 13th

According to the number lines on the copyright pages of each book.

WeDealInLead
05-29-2014, 04:12 AM
I'm still looking for a trade HC of Joyland.

Also any hardcover anthologies you're looking to unload.

Well, that was easy.

webstar1000
05-29-2014, 04:28 AM
Some original art by King Artists. Not looking to go broke but if you have something interesting... drop me a line!

Dan
05-29-2014, 04:52 AM
I'm still looking for a trade HC of Joyland.

Also any hardcover anthologies you're looking to unload.

Gauntlet 2 S/L (http://www.ebay.com/itm/201096189807?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

Garrell
05-29-2014, 08:57 AM
Still looking for a 1st 1st of Rage

Priest
05-29-2014, 01:40 PM

You have a PM Priest.

aaaaand its mine ;D
And with mine, i mean already in my shelve!
Thanks gob, big hands to you , it was a pleasure!

The Library Policeman
05-29-2014, 01:48 PM

You have a PM Priest.

aaaaand its mine ;D

Great this place, innit? :D
Congrats!

Priest
05-29-2014, 01:55 PM

You have a PM Priest.

aaaaand its mine ;D

Great this place, innit? :D
Congrats!

absolute ;D
But i underestimated the size of the book, so I had to rearrange ;D

stroppygoblin
05-29-2014, 04:02 PM

You have a PM Priest.

aaaaand its mine ;D

The pleasure is mine. Your purchase has enabled me to update my own collection. The replacement is on it's way now! :thumbsup:

SirFolio16
06-07-2014, 07:28 PM
Hello all,

I am helping out a friend here... does anyone happen to have a Bone Mallet from the Sub Press Nos4a2 for sale?

If so please contact me.
Sirfolio16@hotmail.com

Roseannebarr
06-08-2014, 10:07 PM
I was able to buy 29 red leather library books for $50

Looking for the following to complete my collection

on writing
Insomnia
Desperation
The girl who loved Tom Gordon

Any body want to sell?

biomieg
06-09-2014, 12:04 AM
*bump*

UPDATED

(Still looking for the rest - c'mon guys, some of you must have these lying around, maybe you even have duplicates! Help a brother out...)

The Dead Zone
Firestarter
Christine
Thinner
Skeleton Crew (edit: partial proof)
The Talisman
IT
The Eyes of the Dragon
Misery
The Tommyknockers

Modest goals, right? They will keep me busy for some time, I'm sure.

If you happen to have a lead on any of these, please let me know. Thank you! Most important to me right now are Thinner and Skeleton Crew.

Kingfan24
06-15-2014, 07:28 AM
Does anyone have any s/l they want to trade?

I have two books I'd be willing to trade - borderlands 5 s/l f/f/f and He is legend f/f/f

Lookwhoitis
06-15-2014, 07:31 AM
I was able to buy 29 red leather library books for $50

Looking for the following to complete my collection

on writing
Insomnia
Desperation
The girl who loved Tom Gordon

Any body want to sell?
Awesome deal!

The Library Policeman
06-16-2014, 06:18 AM
Looking for a Book Club Edition of The Stand (original version) if anyone can help?

Thanks!

Merlin1958
06-16-2014, 05:14 PM
Looking for a Book Club Edition of The Stand (original version) if anyone can help?

Thanks!

Mate, your fucking "In Box" is full!!!!! Empty it and I would be glad to help out. My brutha from anutha mutha!!!

Tony
06-16-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm still looking for an IT S/L, and I have a copy of The Shining or GRRM's A Clash of Kings to trade.

stroppygoblin
06-17-2014, 01:36 AM

Thanks!

Alan are you collecting BCE's now as well as PB's?
I think I have a very early BC of the original stand, but I'm travelling (again) won't be back till Thurs night.
If Bill hooks you up before then, that's great, but I'll check again when I get home.

stroppygoblin
06-17-2014, 01:39 AM
I'm looking for a UK 1st of Christine if anyone has a spare?

I'd also be interested in ex-lib copies of the UK Carrie and UK 'salem's Lot (both 1st/1st) if they are reasonable money.

The Library Policeman
06-17-2014, 05:13 AM

Thanks!

Alan are you collecting BCE's now as well as PB's?
I think I have a very early BC of the original stand, but I'm travelling (again) won't be back till Thurs night.
If Bill hooks you up before then, that's great, but I'll check again when I get home.

Simon, I'm not collecting BCE's it's just this one particular title I'm after. I may have one in the works, if not I'll certainly let you know.

Thank you!

The Library Policeman
06-17-2014, 05:14 AM

Thanks!

Mate, your fucking "In Box" is full!!!!! Empty it and I would be glad to help out. My brutha from anutha mutha!!!

Lol thanks Bill and I emailed you! :D

stroppygoblin
06-20-2014, 05:11 AM
Alan, I checked my other copy of the Stand. It appears to be a 1st edition later printing rather than a BCE as I recalled. Book is nr Fine but cover is price clipped and has some wear, I'd say Good to VG at best. I appreciate this is not what you are looking for, but putting it out there if anyone else has any interest.

BrighterDeathNow
06-21-2014, 03:29 AM
Come August I'll be in the market for a copy or two or the Artist/Gift Ed. of Little Sisters of Eluria. Just posting this now to get a feel for availability and price.

SirFolio16
06-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Looking for a Fine 1st/1st edition of the US 11/22/63 signed....

If anyone has one please let me know.

killbourne
06-21-2014, 10:39 PM
wanted:S/L SALEMS LOT

Roseannebarr
06-22-2014, 12:36 AM

David at betts has one with collectors case! $220.

Jimimck
06-22-2014, 08:10 AM

David at betts has one with collectors case! $220.

That case from the Collector is so nice, I purchased one and then saw how cool it was went out and purchased a flat signed copy to put inside it...

WeDealInLead
06-22-2014, 08:25 AM
The typo in one of the faux articles ruins it for me.

Randall Flagg
06-22-2014, 11:10 AM
The typo in one of the faux articles ruins it for me.
Which typo?

WeDealInLead
06-22-2014, 01:13 PM
http://stephenkingcollector.com/pictures/slip/5-large.jpg

Bottom left news headline. I could be wrong, but "Would be" should be hyphenated or the headline rephrased.

Dan
06-22-2014, 02:20 PM
Maybe I'm not in on the joke, but done you mean the "surives" in the headline?

dnemec
06-22-2014, 02:53 PM

I was thinking "Assasins"--always remember, there are 2 asses! But I still like the look of case. Of course, haven't picked one up yet...

ELazansky
06-22-2014, 04:00 PM

There's no joke. I see what he is referring to. You don't say "Would be shooter" - it should say "Would-be shooter"

divemaster
06-22-2014, 04:46 PM
The joke is the complaint over a missing hyphen deep in the corner of the page when there is a huge misspelling in large font right at the top front and center.

And a missing apostrophe in the headline as well.

Br!an
06-22-2014, 05:17 PM
JFK Surives Assasins Bullet > JFK Survives Assassin's Bullet

Would-be would be correct.

jhanic
06-22-2014, 05:21 PM
I may be naive, but I assumed that newspaper was a "Special Edition". If that were true, typos would be expected because of the rush to get the edition out.

John

Merlin1958
06-22-2014, 05:52 PM

I have one in a awesome, Dolso case, but you can't have it!! LOL

Welcome back, Ray!!! So good to see you back and posting again. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

Superfly
06-23-2014, 08:25 AM
as a reminder: looking for The Stand S/L

If anyone has one please let me know

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c016.gif (http://www.cheesebuerger.de/smilie.php)

SirFolio16
06-23-2014, 09:04 AM
It's good to finally be back.

I ended up ordering the signed 1st/1st of 11/22/63 from Betts. And ordering the collector case from StephenKingcollector.com.

The typo's bothered me until I read "I may be naive, but I assumed that newspaper was a "Special Edition". If that were true, typos would be expected because of the rush to get the edition out."...

While that may not be the actual reason for the typo's it makes enough sense for me to overlook them... the case really is gorgeous.

e_taylor
06-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Looking for a copy of Wizard and Glass signed by Dave McKean - any help is appreciated!

Lot guy
06-23-2014, 05:06 PM
'Salem's Lot Deluxe Roman Numeral PC is Fine or actual Roman Numeral will pay $4,500.00-$5,000.00
'Salem's Lot S/L & Gift
'Salem's Lot Illustrated Proof
Doctor Sleep Proof

Ari_Racing
06-28-2014, 03:14 PM
I'm looking for a copy of The Stand S/L

Randall Flagg
06-28-2014, 03:52 PM
Aren't we all...

needfulthings
06-28-2014, 09:04 PM
THERE MUST BE 1,250 PEOPLE WHO AREN'T.:rolleyes2:

stroppygoblin
06-29-2014, 12:05 AM
:drool:

Aren't we all...

Don't you already have 2? :drool:

Merlin1958
06-30-2014, 05:40 PM
:drool:

Aren't we all...

Don't you already have 2? :drool:

Pay him no mind. He is the quintessinal tease!!! He will hold those copies over us for eternity!! LOL LOL

webstar1000
07-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Anyone got an extra Under the Dome slipcase from the collector?

Fsmdr
07-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Looking for numbered S/L LSOE and numbered S/L SOD 1. Willing to pay $400 each. Thanks.

SystemCrashOverRide
07-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Wanted: Mr Mercedes Uk Collectors Edition and UK first Edition. Please PM me if you have any available!

George at C-Springs
07-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Heard back from Mindy just a few minutes ago, and unfortunately my #186 request for Doctor Sleep was lost in the upgrade to a remarqued copy.

So, if anybody comes up with #186, I'm your man and have a doube-remarqued #110 to trade with.

Frankie
07-07-2014, 06:38 PM
It's good to finally be back.

I ended up ordering the signed 1st/1st of 11/22/63 from Betts. And ordering the collector case from StephenKingcollector.com.

The typo's bothered me until I read "I may be naive, but I assumed that newspaper was a "Special Edition". If that were true, typos would be expected because of the rush to get the edition out."...

While that may not be the actual reason for the typo's it makes enough sense for me to overlook them... the case really is gorgeous.

I can't willfully suspend my disbelief quite that much. Massive typos in the massive headlines of the most massive news story in decades? Even the drunkest newspaperman on the planet would have at least caught the ones in the headlines. Shame, because it's a great case and a good idea.

Bev Vincent
07-08-2014, 01:53 AM
https://stamperdad.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/dewey_defeats_truman1.jpg

(I always have to grin at a complaint about typos that contains typos!)

Frankie
07-08-2014, 05:26 AM
https://stamperdad.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/dewey_defeats_truman1.jpg

I don't see any typo there.

(I always have to grin at a complaint about typos that contains typos!)

There's a pretty big difference between posting something on an internet forum from a cell phone and publishing something.

Bev Vincent
07-08-2014, 05:59 AM
The whole title is a typo! Dewey lost the election.

zelig
07-08-2014, 04:45 PM
It's probably a long shot but if anyone has #102 of PS Publishing's Christine and interested in selling, let me know. Thanks.

webstar1000
07-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Matching Insomnia and Portfolio anyone?

Stockerlone
07-09-2014, 07:57 AM
Looking for: The Speed Queen ARC
and..... Faithful ARC :biggrin:
(because of the postage cost as possible from Europe.):idea:

jhanic
07-09-2014, 09:10 AM
The Faithful proof is virtually impossible to find.

John

atomgl
07-10-2014, 04:17 PM
I have a complete copy of King hosting as guest vj on mtv from 1986 with all videos intact and the interview he does with ac/dc. Any interest in trades? looking for copies of interviews from newspapers and tv show interviews (stuff not on youtube) thanks

atomgl
07-10-2014, 06:19 PM
this came out to coincide with the release of on writing but was different tips. anybody have a copy?

biomieg
07-11-2014, 03:06 AM
Atomgl, welcome to the forum. Looks like you've come to the right place! It's probably easiest to post questions like these in the 'King Items Wanted' thread or perhaps the Collectible Classifieds thread (I'll let the moderators decide that). Just to keep things organized a little! Same goes for the thread you started in the King Collectibles Catalog - that part of the forum is really a Catalog with descriptions of items and such, not so much a place to debate the existence of unpublished works.

But again: welcome. I look forward to discuss collectible King with you :)

atomgl
07-11-2014, 03:10 AM
thank you - love it here! how do you get the king items wanted thread? haven't been able to find it.

Bev Vincent
07-11-2014, 03:21 AM
I have this -- it's a broadsheet advertising supplement called Book Street. My copy is a little yellowed and folded into quarters, and I only kept the connected section of pages that has King's article on it -- pages 3 through 6.

atomgl
07-11-2014, 03:30 AM
Are you looking to sell it or sell/trade a copy? By the way I am reading your road to the dark tower right now. I ended up leaving my copy in a public place as I got mesmerized but 2 attractive females and ended up having to order another copy. Priceless book!

skyofcrack
07-11-2014, 03:34 AM
thank you - love it here! how do you get the king items wanted thread? haven't been able to find it.

Go to the top of the page and click Forum then scroll down and click Calvin's Corner (under Stephen King Collecting). Then scroll down to find the King Books/Items Wanted thread which is usually on the 1st page. Welcome. :)

atomgl
07-11-2014, 03:35 AM
thank you my friend

Bev Vincent
07-11-2014, 04:04 AM
By the way I am reading your road to the dark tower right now. I ended up leaving my copy in a public place as I got mesmerized but 2 attractive females and ended up having to order another copy. Priceless book!

So, my fiendish marketing plan is working -- I'll have to give the two lasses a raise. :biggrin:

Randall Flagg
07-11-2014, 05:23 AM
atomgl, we have a thread to look for King items:
King Books/Items Wanted (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?966-King-Books-Items-Wanted)

I'll be merging this thread there.

biomieg
07-11-2014, 06:56 AM
Is any of my UK friends willing to get me a nice copy of the UK 1st/1st trade edition of Mr. Mercedes? I would normally get a copy here in Amsterdam or The Hague but all my spare time seems to have vanished in thin air since my boy Julian was born.... I'll pay for all expenses of course!

jonp
07-11-2014, 07:35 AM
I will be able to get one for you Michael. Was it the normal version or the WHSmiths?

biomieg
07-11-2014, 07:57 AM
The regular version will be fine, Jon. I quit being a (wannabe) completist some time ago ;) Thank you for helping me out!

jonp
07-11-2014, 07:59 AM
I will get one tomorrow.

SystemCrashOverRide
07-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Could I persuade you to get me one of each Jon? Are they both readily available at cover price? I would happily pay you.

jonp
07-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Could I persuade you to get me one of each Jon? Are they both readily available at cover price? I would happily pay you.

Yes, I will try and get both for you. The WHSmith edition was selling fast a few weeks ago, but I will check. Shipping to Canada may be pricey!

SystemCrashOverRide
07-11-2014, 10:09 AM
Please let me know sir! Cheers

SirFolio16
07-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Looking for The Stand Art Portfolio

biomieg
07-11-2014, 11:10 AM
Also still looking for the following UK proofs:

The Dead Zone
Cujo
Christine
The Talisman
Skeleton Crew (partial)
Thinner
IT
EOTD

I also need a better US 1st/1st trade edition of EOTD - I own a very nice copy but the red lettering on the spine has faded somewhat.

biomieg
07-11-2014, 11:21 AM
(not that I expect to find any of those proofs anytime soon... *sigh*)

Randall Flagg
07-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Looking for The Stand Art Portfolio
Which one?
The blue cover has 12 plates, the black cover has 12+ a 13th plate with a Wrightson signature.

SirFolio16
07-11-2014, 02:17 PM
I would like either... price permitting I would prefer the nicer one.

Comrade Alex
07-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Looking for John Scalzi, Old Man's War, S/L by Sub Press.
Thanks!

Phalucha
07-12-2014, 05:19 AM
I am looking for the following titles:
1). Signed first of Cell
2). Signed first of Wizard and Glass

Email me at paulhalucha@gmail.com if you would like to cell.

Paul

Happy to say I have added both of these now. Just looking for Contraband 2 still. That is it for me for rest of 2014...unless I see something else I must have.

stroppygoblin
07-12-2014, 07:49 AM
I will get one tomorrow.

Good luck Jon, I was in 4 different stores today and looked. Lowest print run I could find was 4 :(

SystemCrashOverRide
07-12-2014, 07:54 AM
I will get one tomorrow.

Good luck Jon, I was in 4 different stores today and looked. Lowest print run I could find was 4 :(

Apparently Jon is a wizard, as he totally came through

biomieg
07-12-2014, 08:24 AM
+1!

atomgl
07-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Anybody have a copy of king's notes on tales of the vampyre?

evilash
07-14-2014, 03:20 PM
I'm looking for a fine Cycle of the Werewolf dust jacket. I know it's a long shot but worth a try.

Phalucha
07-14-2014, 03:47 PM
One more for me. Am looking for a copy of Dandelion Wine with the SK intoduction. Thanks.

Lot guy
07-14-2014, 04:40 PM
Bag Of Bones 2nd Draft
Will pay $400 range

Randall Flagg
07-14-2014, 06:20 PM
One more for me. Am looking for a copy of Dandelion Wine with the SK intoduction. Thanks.
Which version?

Phalucha
07-15-2014, 02:54 AM
Unsigned edition is just fine.

ELazansky
07-15-2014, 04:26 AM

Camelot has the limited edition signed by Bradbury for $350 - http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/dandelion-wine-50th-anniversary-edition

atomgl
07-18-2014, 04:02 PM
looking for a copy of the interview king did from the set of creepshow where he is covered in bugs. not sure where it aired?

Phalucha
07-18-2014, 04:56 PM
Picked up signed Cell from David today, so off the list. Thanks David! Still really want a signed Wizard and Glass if someone has one. Signed "to Paul" would be bonus.

herbertwest
07-18-2014, 11:15 PM
looking for a copy of the interview king did from the set of creepshow where he is covered in bugs. not sure where it aired?

TV interview then?

_PCC_
07-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Picked up signed Cell from David today, so off the list. Thanks David! Still really want a signed Wizard and Glass if someone has one. Signed "to Paul" would be bonus.

Wow, my name is Paul and I have a signed 1st Ed. W&G. He flat signed though.

_PCC_
07-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Looking for a CD slipcase for Duma Key

Phalucha
07-19-2014, 02:46 PM
You had me excited for a minute! Contact me if you want to sell.

Priest
07-20-2014, 12:25 PM
Hey Folks,
i am in the need for some 1/1s -- if you have some for sale, just let me know! I would be happy to get some at once.

Different Seasons
Pet Sematary
Desperation
The Green Mile (PB)
Bag of Bones
The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands
The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass
The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla
The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower
The Colorado Kid
Blaze

atomgl
07-24-2014, 09:26 AM
i have seen reference to it but it may not exist.

Br!an
07-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Hey Folks,
i am in the need for some 1/1s -- if you have some for sale, just let me know! I would be happy to get some at once.

Different Seasons
Pet Sematary
Desperation
The Green Mile (PB)
Bag of Bones
The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands
The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass
The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla
The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower
The Colorado Kid
Blaze

What level of quality are you looking for? Fine? NF?

mkberger
07-25-2014, 08:09 AM

Camelot has the limited edition signed by Bradbury for $350 - http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/dandelion-wine-50th-anniversary-edition

We have the Bradbury signed edition for considerably less ($200);
We also have the ARC/proof that includes both DANDELION WINE and SUMMER MORNING, SUMMER NIGHT, one of only about three that I have seen (we're big on Bradbury stuff).

If you/anyone are looking for either of these, drop me a note.

mgerner214
07-25-2014, 08:43 AM
Hello All!
So, I am new to this board but can be found on other boards like "The Collector" and "King.com", as well as "eBay" for feedback with the same ID.
I am looking to buy Salem's Lot S/L any number is okay as long as it at least f/f.
I am okay paying with PayPal with a regular invoice or gift.
Thanks,

Garrell
07-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Looking for a UK Mr. Mercedes 1st/1st

Randall Flagg
07-25-2014, 01:34 PM
Hello All!
So, I am new to this board but can be found on other boards like "The Collector" and "King.com", as well as "eBay" for feedback with the same ID.
I am looking to buy Salem's Lot S/L any number is okay as long as it at least f/f.
I am okay paying with PayPal with a regular invoice or gift.
Thanks,
Welcome to the board. Once you have 6 posts more sections will open up, and you can send and receive PM's.
"Playful tugging", but how does a book get better than F/F? That's the highest there is.:P