PDA

View Full Version : King Books/Items Wanted

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Patrick
06-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Nice list, Killbourne. Good luck!

Roseannebarr
06-26-2013, 07:41 PM
WANTED

DOCTOR SLEEP arC

JOYLAND ARC

WHY ARE THERE NONE FOR SALE?

pm ME PLEASE.

George at C-Springs
06-27-2013, 09:51 PM
Wanted - Joyland #186, have #385 ... work a trade? Let me know!

Jimimck
06-27-2013, 11:00 PM
Looking for a reasonabley priced (ok lets be honest - cheap) copy of October 1978 edition Fantasy & Science Fiction Magazine. The one with The Gunslinger in it.
Doesn't have to be in fine condition, but would prefer no address labels. Just need this last one to complete my set.

Ta.

Boys and girls, still looking for a copy if anyon has a spare...

Might pay a bit more than cheap if required ;-)

biomieg
06-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Do any of my UK friends have a regular Titan Joyland hardback for sale at (more or less) cover price? I sold my S/L because another irresistible collectible came along but I'd still like to have a nice hardcover of this lovely book. Yes, I should have ordered both.

FOUND ONE!

bdwyer19
07-02-2013, 07:05 AM
A few months ago, Heritage Auctions had an inscribed copy of Misery up for auction. It was inscribed to Brian. I was planning on getting it, but had issues with the Heritage site at the last minute. I was pretty upset too, as it went for under $200. Did anyone here happen to buy it? Do you know the person who did? I would be very interested in making a deal if you would be willing to sell. Thanks!

Kingfan24
07-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Looking for an unsigned Joyland hardcover from Titan at or around issue price. Didn't order both in time.

biomieg
07-02-2013, 07:38 AM
I'll trade one for your Joyland ARC.

Pasiuk57
07-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Not if I buy it first!

Randall Flagg
07-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Looking for an unsigned Joyland hardcover from Titan at or around issue price. Didn't order both in time.
$89 PP gift, free media mail shipping.

Patrick
07-02-2013, 12:45 PM
$89 PP gift, free media mail shipping.
I have short term memory loss and am too lazy to look it up. What was the issue price on this edition? I didn't order it either.

cit74
07-02-2013, 12:50 PM
wasn't it $35?

TwistedNadine
07-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Think it was 40 plus 4 shipping from the US site

cit74
07-02-2013, 12:58 PM

wow $35 for a king sig - still hard to believe

divemaster
07-02-2013, 12:59 PM
That's for the unsigned version.

The S/L was $75 + shipping

bdwyer19
07-02-2013, 12:59 PM

wow $35 for a king sig - still hard to believe

That's for the unsigned hardcover. It was $75 for the S/L. Still a great deal!

The Library Policeman
07-02-2013, 01:09 PM
I think Chad means the extra $35 got you the King sig.

Patrick
07-02-2013, 01:11 PM
I'd like to have it, but I'm not losing sleep over it either. If anyone wants to sell an unsigned hardcover for $50 plus shipping, I'll be pleased to buy it.

TwistedNadine
07-02-2013, 01:17 PM

I guess you and I speak "Chad" 'cause I understood what he meant lol

cit74
07-02-2013, 01:23 PM

Thanks - I wasn't confusing to myself...I thinks

bdwyer19
07-02-2013, 01:29 PM

Thanks - I wasn't confusing to myself...I thinks

Yeah, ok... Once it was translated for me, it makes perfect sense!

Brice
07-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Chadese

The Library Policeman
07-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Chadese

:lol:

Randall Flagg
07-02-2013, 01:49 PM
I'd like to have it, but I'm not losing sleep over it either. If anyone wants to sell an unsigned hardcover for $50 plus shipping, I'll be pleased to buy it.
I'll sell you one (since you are after all a beer buddy) for $49.19 PP gift. Free media mail shipping.

Patrick
07-02-2013, 02:02 PM
I'll sell you one (since you are after all a beer buddy) for $49.19 PP gift. Free media mail shipping.
You've got a deal as long as you let me buy the next round.

CyberGhostface
07-03-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm going to order the second volume of Secretary of Dreams so I'm on the lookout for a slipcased gift edition of the first one. I may not be able to purchase it right away but if possible I'd like to "reserve" it in advance.

tippy4
07-03-2013, 08:34 PM
I have one that I was about to put on ebay......

CyberGhostface
07-03-2013, 09:30 PM
I'll admit upfront that I wouldn't be able to pay a whole lot for it so you'd probably get more for it on eBay.

Dan
07-04-2013, 06:18 AM
What is the going rate for Secretary of Dreams 1? I have looked for a while, but they were all priced so high.

Kingfan24
07-04-2013, 06:46 AM
If you look on ebay most of them are going in the higher end ranges from about 100-200. Some even get above 200 when bundled with the second SOD.

biomieg
07-04-2013, 06:50 AM
Do people actually pay that much for SOD gift editions or are these asking prices?

Kingfan24
07-04-2013, 06:51 AM
No those are actually sold listings.

tippy4
07-04-2013, 11:27 AM
If you look on ebay most of them are going in the higher end ranges from about 100-200. Some even get above 200 when bundled with the second SOD.

Check ebay...there are no "stock" copies up for auction.

A check of SOLD listing shows that undamaged copies sell from $141 to $375 (although $375 is a freak).

I am asking $175 for mine.

CyberGhostface
07-04-2013, 02:07 PM
I've given it some thought and I've decided to pass on getting either SoD. Part of me wants it but part of me feels like I just want it to for the sake of getting it, and on top of the GEs for The Shining, Dr. Sleep and NOS4A2 I ordered I'm already going to be paying anywhere from $50 to over $80 for a NOS4A2 slipcase and then there's "The Dark Man" which I'm still considering...

dnemec
07-04-2013, 02:35 PM
I've given it some thought and I've decided to pass on getting either SoD. Part of me wants it but part of me feels like I just want it to for the sake of getting it, and on top of the GEs for The Shining, Dr. Sleep and NOS4A2 I ordered I'm already going to be paying anywhere from $50 to over $80 for a NOS4A2 slipcase and then there's "The Dark Man" which I'm still considering...

It's been a pocket-emptying year for us King fans, hasn't it?! :biggrin:

The Library Policeman
07-04-2013, 02:48 PM

Most certainly has. Worst (I really mean best) I can remember :D

ELazansky
07-04-2013, 02:58 PM

You may want to check out this seller on eBay - he is making NOS4A2 slipcases for $20 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Hill-NOS-4R2-NOS-4A2-Slipcases-for-1st-editions-/171057441517?pt=Fiction&hash=item27d3d16aed

Kingfan24
07-04-2013, 02:58 PM

I've ordered dr. Sleep s/l and gift
The shining s/l and gift
The dark man s/l, trade and the one with slipcase
And Joyland s/l

Not to mention the Shannon sale and betts

..... Yikes haha

The Library Policeman
07-04-2013, 03:05 PM

The shining s/l and gift
And Joyland s/l

..... Yikes haha

Me too! Lol

CyberGhostface
07-04-2013, 03:20 PM

You may want to check out this seller on eBay - he is making NOS4A2 slipcases for $20 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Hill-NOS-4R2-NOS-4A2-Slipcases-for-1st-editions-/171057441517?pt=Fiction&hash=item27d3d16aed

It's actually for the Subterranean Gift Edition that I've ordered, not the trade edition, but I'll e-mail him and ask if he's planning on it just in case. Thanks. :)

Yep. And when I got the IT Gift Edition I promised to myself that I would only get one for The Shining if the ever made it. You can see how well that turned out. :pullhair:

The Library Policeman
07-04-2013, 03:26 PM

It's actually for the Subterranean Gift Edition that I've ordered, not the trade edition, but I'll e-mail him and ask if he's planning on it just in case. Thanks. :)

Did they do a Gift Edition of NOS4A2? I though it was a Signed/Ltd and a Lettered.

CyberGhostface
07-04-2013, 03:28 PM
You're right, I guess I'm just used to referring to the cheapest edition available as the "Gift Edition". :doh:

The Library Policeman
07-04-2013, 03:31 PM
You're right, I guess I'm just used to referring to the cheapest edition available as the "Gift Edition". :doh:

:lol: I totally get what you mean.

dnemec
07-04-2013, 03:37 PM

The shining s/l and gift
And Joyland s/l

..... Yikes haha

You mean you didn't order the Pet Sematary and Christine 30th Anniversary Editions as well?! For shame!

The Library Policeman
07-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Shit! Forgot about them. I ordered them too.

Dan
07-04-2013, 04:13 PM
I tried to find stuff to use the coupon with at CD, but either have everything or have it on order. I managed to find one Rick Hautala book I wanted.

dnemec
07-04-2013, 04:19 PM
I tried to find stuff to use the coupon with at CD, but either have everything or have it on order. I managed to find one Rick Hautala book I wanted.

Yea, I had to go through my email folder to see what I had ordered and what I hadn't. I actually was looking at Shiver VI just a week or so ago and thought: "I'll wait for a sale." Bingo! So I got that and Bev's new book which I hadn't ordered yet either.

Kingfan24
07-04-2013, 05:17 PM

The shining s/l and gift
And Joyland s/l

..... Yikes haha

You mean you didn't order the Pet Sematary and Christine 30th Anniversary Editions as well?! For shame!

Are those still available for order? TBH I would like them but I feel as if they are basically an over-hyped hardcover. They aren't really first editions, so it feels like a book club.

WeDealInLead
07-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Neither are The Shining S/L and gift, Joyland and The Dark Man. Most limited editions aren't true first editions and I don't see a problem with that.

Merlin1958
07-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Neither are The Shining S/L and gift, Joyland and The Dark Man. Most limited editions aren't true first editions and I don't see a problem with that.

Well, technically I suppose, they are the 1/1 of the Limited Press run. LOL

Nevertheless, I agree!!

Kingfan24
07-04-2013, 06:05 PM

Nevertheless, I agree!!

What Merlin said rings true for me - the gift editions and s/l are more specialty "collectible" books.

Merlin1958
07-04-2013, 06:08 PM

Nevertheless, I agree!!

What Merlin said rings true for me - the gift editions and s/l are more specialty "collectible" books.

Yeah, that's how I view them. Same with "PC" copies. I know that is not a popular thought, but I still think they are somehow "Special" IMHO

sgc1999
07-08-2013, 04:23 PM
looking for anyone who might want to sell there Joe Hill Locke and Key lettered edition? I can also trade a signed numbered set plus cash OR just cash. Looking for any of his lettered books.
thanks all:)

herbertwest
07-09-2013, 01:32 PM
2 great items are currently on their way to my work
Hope they arrive before i go on hols next thursday!

barlow
07-09-2013, 02:32 PM
The First edition Gunsllinger dustjacket had lettering that was lighter in shade. More of a true yellow. The 2nd edtion was almost burnt orange.
In addition, the first book had brown fabric boards, the 2nd had black.
The first lists the price of $20 for the trade, and $60 for the limited on the inside front dj. The first advertises Conan on the back inside dj. The 2nd has a color picture added to the Conan advertisement.
That's a few of the differences.
First on right in these pictures:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9253/gunslingerspinesog3.jpg

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9624/gunslingerspineswodjnv5.jpg

I have seen the binding of the first edition described in various places in the past as maroon. When I think of maroon I think of a dark red. I always thought the binding on the gunslinger as light brown.

Ken

Randall Flagg
07-09-2013, 06:48 PM
The First edition Gunsllinger dustjacket had lettering that was lighter in shade. More of a true yellow. The 2nd edtion was almost burnt orange.
The first lists the price of $20 for the trade, and $60 for the limited on the inside front dj. The first advertises Conan on the back inside dj. The 2nd has a color picture added to the Conan advertisement.

I have seen the binding of the first edition described in various passes in the past as maroon. When I think of maroon I think of a dark red. I always thought the binding on th gunslinger as light brown.

Ken
I suppose that is why the Catalog entry says "brown". Display devices may show a different "shade", but the images are direct scans of my books.

barlow
07-09-2013, 07:47 PM

I have seen the binding of the first edition described in various passes in the past as maroon. When I think of maroon I think of a dark red. I always thought the binding on th gunslinger as light brown.

Ken
I suppose that is why the Catalog entry says "brown". Display devices may show a different "shade", but the images are direct scans of my books.

Yep I really appreciate that the description here on the site says brown. I am away from home right now, so I can't double check but I think the Stephen king companion say's maroon, and I know the description on The Collector says maroon. I just don't know how this book could ever be described as maroon.

mcdonaldj
07-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Afraid I've got to respectfully disagree - it is reddish brown otherwise known as maroon IMHO. It is perhaps not a deep red shading of brown, but is definitely not just brown either.

subie09lega
07-09-2013, 09:41 PM
According to the highly respected Wikipedia, there's a liberal interpretation for what maroon is. I always thought of maroon as the Crayola crayon color of maroon but they're showing three different shades that are quite different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maroon

Randall Flagg
07-10-2013, 06:10 AM
According to the highly respected Wikipedia, there's a liberal interpretation for what maroon is. I always thought of maroon as the Crayola crayon color of maroon but they're showing three different shades that are quite different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maroon
None of their examples look the "brown" that the DTI First is:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9624/gunslingerspineswodjnv5.jpghttp://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1373465322-Marroon.jpg

subie09lega
07-10-2013, 06:19 AM
Yeah, I never would have called it maroon.

divemaster
07-10-2013, 06:22 AM
Rust?

Randall Flagg
07-10-2013, 06:47 AM
Rust?
Russet:
Hex:
RGB:
(128, 70, 27)

sgc1999
07-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Isn't the second edition a different color?

Randall Flagg
07-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Isn't the second edition a different color?
Black.

sgc1999
07-10-2013, 12:31 PM
maybe that pis is a faded 2nd edition then next to a 1st?

Brice
07-10-2013, 12:49 PM
It seems the only way to clear up this confusion is for everyone to mail me all their Gunslinger 1sts and 2nds. :innocent:

Randall Flagg
07-10-2013, 01:37 PM
maybe that pis is a faded 2nd edition then next to a 1st?
You're probably correct...

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1373492182-Presentation1.jpg

tippy4
07-10-2013, 02:45 PM
At some point will someone be posting some King Books/Items Wanted ?

Sorry...someone just left me a snarky ebay comment and I am pissy.

Randall Flagg
07-10-2013, 02:49 PM
At some point will someone be posting some King Books/Items Wanted ?

Sorry...someone just left me a snarky ebay comment and I am pissy.
Back on topic. Thanks.

sgc1999
07-10-2013, 03:03 PM
I am looking for Dark tower books with Remarque. Im willing to trade signed King books and or cash for them. Top of the list would be a really nice DT 7 and a LSOE if there is such a thing. I have never heard of a remarqued TWOC but I would pay handsomely for that one. also looking for a SOS remarqued although I hear they are very anticlimactic. Thanks for any help finding some.
Simon

TwistedNadine
07-10-2013, 04:32 PM
If Stevohump stiffs me on the CD IT gift edition Im looking for one of those...

namelessnpoor
07-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Wanted: From a Buick 8 (gift edition)
Christine S/L

paypal awaits you !
thanks

Shannon
07-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Wanted: Money
I will trade you King Books/Items.

:)

TwistedNadine
07-12-2013, 07:16 AM
Shannon got an IT gift edition?

Jimimck
07-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Have seen a few auctions for Gunslingers in far from true collectible condition. Making me think perhaps I should keep an eye out for something like that, as an entry level acquisition.

Anyone have multiple Gunslingers, where some are less than NF and looking to offload for a discounted price?

Shannon
07-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Nope, sold it a year(ish) ago. Beautiful book.

Randall Flagg
07-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Have seen a few auctions for Gunslingers in far from true collectible condition. Making me think perhaps I should keep an eye out for something like that, as an entry level acquisition.

Anyone have multiple Gunslingers, where some are less than NF and looking to offload for a discounted price?
The snag is when somoene writes in the book.
A new DJ can be had for a price, but erasing an ink inscription is difficult if not impossible.

Jimimck
07-12-2013, 07:10 PM
If the price was right, I'd consider putting up with writing on the inside.

tippy4
07-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Wanted: From a Buick 8 (gift edition)
Christine S/L

paypal awaits you !
thanks

Rusty...I have an amazing copy of Christine.......

Bad Penny
07-12-2013, 07:55 PM

I may be able to help you out here James - I have two copies in the collection, and I'll be keeping the one that's written in (signed by SK) and wouldn't be adverse to cutting a deal with you for the other.

Drop me a PM if you're interested mate :D

Bad Penny
07-12-2013, 08:13 PM

Worst comes to worst, TN, I have six copies of this edition and would be happy to let one go at cover price plus shipping :)

mistercrowley
07-13-2013, 05:15 AM
looking for the red Insomnia Traycase that would have come with the signed limited version. Zeising does"t have any in stock

SierraKiloCollector
07-13-2013, 07:01 AM
Hello everyone -

It has been a while so I need to throw out the net once again....

I am looking for The Gunslinger #253 and LSOE #253 to complete my S/L set. I have a LSOE #484 (F/F) I will trade straight up for the #253 and will pay (or trade!) for the Gunslinger #253.

Thanks!
Be well.

SKC

The Pie
07-13-2013, 03:11 PM
I currently have 3 first edition Gunslinger books on consignment at Betts Books. All of them have the aftermarket slip cases from Tomas at SK Collector.

The quality of each one varies slightly and the prices reflects that. The prices are $675, $599, and $575. When looking at the Betts site, they are listed as AN-1, AN-2, and AN-3.

Happy shopping! The first edition still continues to be an infrequent and sometimes elusive purchase. I'm a bit surprised these haven't sold yet but Betts is the best site for SK rarities and David/Wiz did do a thorough review of the condition of each book so believe the prices are solid.

jhanic
07-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Welcome to the boards, Pie. I think we'd all love to see some pictures of your collection.

John

George at C-Springs
07-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Since I haven't said it in a few months ....

.... still looking for a single digit Insomnia S/L!

The Pie
07-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Yes John, I should! A significant portion of my collection came from Betts through the years and I still try to buy there first when I have a gap to fill. Stu and David have been fantastic to work with.

Randall Flagg
07-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Yes John, I should! A significant portion of my collection came from Betts through the years and I still try to buy there first when I have a gap to fill. Stu and David have been fantastic to work with.
Post once more and at 5 posts the automatic "spam buster" allows you to post links, pics etc.
Although you have been lurking for 3 years.:mummy:

TwistedNadine
07-15-2013, 09:16 AM

Worst comes to worst, TN, I have six copies of this edition and would be happy to let one go at cover price plus shipping :)

Good to know, thanks very much!
There's a remote chance Ill get the copy I paid for from Stevohump but if not Ill let you know.

Bad Penny
07-15-2013, 12:57 PM

Good to know, thanks very much!
There's a remote chance Ill get the copy I paid for from Stevohump but if not Ill let you know.

No problem at all - and, just in case shipping charges may be a perceived issue, they're not as bad as one may think (albeit the shipping time quoted is between 3 - 20 working days) - go figure :unsure:

In the meantime, best of luck (and to the others involved) with the stevohump/heffalump drama, which I've been following with interest :o

RandyinAK
07-20-2013, 08:17 AM
On the hunt for a Gunslinger 1st Ed. Dustjacket....................
Thanks,

Dan
07-20-2013, 08:30 AM
On the hunt for a Gunslinger 1st Ed. Dustjacket....................
Thanks,

RF has one or more in fine condition, from what I recall.

jhanic
07-20-2013, 09:37 AM
I'm willing to trade a signed limited Joyland (#712) for a signed trade of Joyland. PM me.

John

Jimimck
07-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Hi team. I'm close to having the funds available for a S/L Cujo (should be in a position to send some funds to someone by the end of the week), and so just putting some feelers out there if anyone has one for sale? I'm keeping an eye on EBay too, but maybe a better deal through here? I'm happy to pay PP gift to the right seller.

Thanks
James

namelessnpoor
07-22-2013, 04:52 AM
I too, woould like a signed trade of Joyland if anyone is selling.
Also want a Buick 8 gift edition.
money is waiting, can pay immediately.

Br!an
07-22-2013, 05:28 AM
I too, woould like a signed trade of Joyland if anyone is selling.
Also want a Buick 8 gift edition.
money is waiting, can pay immediately.

Does it have to be the gift edition? There is an ebay auction for a Buick 8 S/L at $108 right now. I doubt it will stay at that price, but it could be a good deal.

2002 SPECIAL SIGNED LIMITED EDITION FROM A BUICK 8 BY STEPHEN KING (http://www.ebay.com/itm/321167660675?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649)

namelessnpoor
07-22-2013, 05:55 AM
gunslinger41....you sent me a pm in regards to a book you may sell, i tried to respond but it says your mailbox is full, I am interested, clear out some space or just email me direct at
rrdunaway@msn.com (rrdunaway@msn.com)

Kingfan24
07-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Looking for the talisman gift set (grey books) and the little sisters of eluria gift edition - can pay immediately if deal is reached

Jimimck
07-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Hi team. I'm close to having the funds available for a S/L Cujo (should be in a position to send some funds to someone by the end of the week), and so just putting some feelers out there if anyone has one for sale? I'm keeping an eye on EBay too, but maybe a better deal through here? I'm happy to pay PP gift to the right seller.

Thanks
James

Hey team. Just bumping this as I am now in a position to pay straight away...

Cheers
James

Bad Penny
07-23-2013, 01:55 PM

Thanks
James

Cheers
James

Best of luck getting a great copy at a great price mate - we all know how important, meaning wise, this book is to you !!!! :smile:

ELazansky
07-23-2013, 02:39 PM

Thanks
James

Cheers
James

James,

Not sure if you would want a less than perfect copy, but Camelot Books has this on their website:

Stephen King

Cujo Signed Limited corner of slipcased damaged $499.95

Jimimck
07-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Eric. I searched the site but couldn't see the listing.

To be honest, while I am normally one that is happy to consider a damaged item if the price is right, for this particlar purchase, I'm going to hold off for a fine copy and will be happy to pay a reasonable market price for that.

I did see they had a Pet Semetery anniversary edition available however, so might consider that as I missed out on those when they were available from the publisher...

Thanks for the info!

Cheers
James

ELazansky
07-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Eric. I searched the site but couldn't see the listing.

No problem. Just wanted to throw it out there. It is listed under the Mid-Week Specials #1 at the bottom of their home page.

Ricky
07-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Looking for a F/F 1st IT. If anyone's selling or knows of one for sale, please let me know.

Jimimck
07-24-2013, 05:36 PM

Thanks
James

Woo Hoo! Found one!!!

Bad Penny
07-24-2013, 05:37 PM

Thanks
James

Woo Hoo! Found one!!!

Awesome mate, just awesome ---- congratulations !!!!! :nana:

Ari_Racing
07-25-2013, 10:17 PM
Congratulations!

Ben Staad
07-27-2013, 02:01 AM
Congrats. I'm so happy that you found one. A big virtual (manly) hug to you.

Thanks
James

Woo Hoo! Found one!!!

darkdiscoveries
07-28-2013, 10:18 AM
I've got some extra copies of the Slipcased HC of THE DARK MAN (w/Bookmark) on the way now up for grabs. Looking to see if anybody has any extra copies of the non-slipcased Trade HC of DM as it has a different dust jacket I guess. Maybe a swap for two of the non-slipcased for a slipcased one? Or something along those lines possibly.

I also have a lot of non-King signed/limited books either here or coming that I can offer up for trade (and send a list on).

- James
http://darkdiscoveries.com

jhanic
07-28-2013, 12:08 PM
James, if you have a signed trade edition of Joyland, I'll swap a signed limited (#712) edition of Joyland.

John

darkdiscoveries
07-28-2013, 12:42 PM
James, if you have a signed trade edition of Joyland, I'll swap a signed limited (#712) edition of Joyland.

John

Hi John,

Sorry I sold the signed/# copy of JOYLAND that I had. I'll keep you in mind if I get any more thought!

- James

jhanic
07-28-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm looking for a signed TRADE edition to swap for my s/l (#712).

John

Merlin1958
07-28-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm looking for a signed TRADE edition to swap for my s/l (#712).

John

Now why would you want to go and do that? If I may ask.

Ricky
07-28-2013, 06:21 PM
I would guess because there's about 5 copies of a signed trade Joyland out there. :lol:

Merlin1958
07-28-2013, 06:34 PM
I would guess because there's about 5 copies of a signed trade Joyland out there. :lol:

Ahh, I see. It hadn't dawned on me!!! :doh:

The "Trade" edition is a HC? The S/L is still a very handsome production IMHO

Jimimck
07-28-2013, 06:39 PM
No the trade edition is only in Paperback. Only the limited editions (unsigned, numbered and lettereds) are hardbacks...

Merlin1958
07-28-2013, 06:43 PM
No the trade edition is only in Paperback. Only the limited editions (unsigned, numbered and lettereds) are hardbacks...

That is what I thought. See, I have this thing about PB's..... But, to each his own!!!

Jimimck
07-28-2013, 07:02 PM
I don't normally collect paperbacks either, but I do when the first edition only comes in that format (Colorado kid, storm of the century, Joyland etc)

Merlin1958
07-28-2013, 07:06 PM
I don't normally collect paperbacks either, but I do when the first edition only comes in that format (Colorado kid, storm of the century, Joyland etc)

Well, I have one in an archival bag of course. Like I said I just have this thing about PB's and it's a long story. Just commented off the top of my head.

P.S. I have HC's of all of the above mentioned titles!!! LOL LOL LOL

Kingfan24
07-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Looking for a f or nf gunslinger second jacket - can pay immediately if deal is reached. Also looking for a gunslinger first - doesnt have to be in"Collectors" shape but I just want to fill a hole in the collection for now.

Jimimck
07-29-2013, 06:36 PM
Also looking for a gunslinger first - doesnt have to be in"Collectors" shape but I just want to fill a hole in the collection for now.

Nothing wrong with that at all :thumbsup:

biomieg
07-29-2013, 11:21 PM
I'm still looking for leads on a decent Signet Firestarter 1st printing paperback and a copy of the Satyricon booklet with 'The Return of Timmy Baterman'. C'mon guys, it's almost my birthday - help me out here!

SystemCrashOverRide
07-30-2013, 03:03 AM
I'm desperately looking for a single ticket to the Toronto PEN event with Stephen and Owen. If anyone has one fpr sale please PM me!

Randall Flagg
07-30-2013, 07:15 AM
Looking for a f or nf gunslinger second jacket - can pay immediately if deal is reached. Also looking for a gunslinger first - doesnt have to be in"Collectors" shape but I just want to fill a hole in the collection for now.
It's almost easier to find a F/NF 1st DJ. The 2nds are hard to come by.

Highbury
07-30-2013, 08:36 AM
I'd be willing to part with signed limited of Joyland as I am on the hunt for Cemetery Dances production of The Passage and somehow work in The Twelve.

EDIT: Will be keeping my copy of Joyland at this time. Please disregard.

Jimimck
08-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Looking for a f or nf gunslinger second jacket - can pay immediately if deal is reached. Also looking for a gunslinger first - doesnt have to be in"Collectors" shape but I just want to fill a hole in the collection for now

Kingfan, did you see RF's post in the interesting auctions thread?

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/images/icons/icon1.png

A screwed up DJ can be replaced, but a stain on the book board itself sure screws up the book, thus the starting price (still too much) of $250:

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger by Stephen King (1st Edition, 1982, Grant) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Dark-Tower-The-Gunslinger-by-Stephen-King-1st-Edition-1982-Grant-/290954672051?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item43be3ff7b3)

Merlin1958
08-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Looking for a f or nf gunslinger second jacket - can pay immediately if deal is reached. Also looking for a gunslinger first - doesnt have to be in"Collectors" shape but I just want to fill a hole in the collection for now

Kingfan, did you see RF's post in the interesting auctions thread?

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/images/icons/icon1.png

A screwed up DJ can be replaced, but a stain on the book board itself sure screws up the book, thus the starting price (still too much) of $250:

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger by Stephen King (1st Edition, 1982, Grant) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Dark-Tower-The-Gunslinger-by-Stephen-King-1st-Edition-1982-Grant-/290954672051?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item43be3ff7b3)

Having a few pints are we? LOL LOL You seem to be typing a bit too loud!!! LOL LOL LOL

Good point though, James. Go get 'em Kingfan!!

Ricky
08-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Does anyone have any idea what the IT 25th Anniversary art portfolio might go for? I don't remember CD's retail price and haven't seen any for sale recently.

George at C-Springs
08-01-2013, 05:53 PM
I'd be willing to part with signed limited of Joyland as I am on the hunt for Cemetery Dances production of The Passage and somehow work in The Twelve.

Highbury, just keep your eye on eBay, Abe, etc, The Passage S/Ls come up all the time. I'll usually post it in the "Other Author's" thread if it's a good deal.

Jimimck
08-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Does anyone have any idea what the IT 25th Anniversary art portfolio might go for? I don't remember CD's retail price and haven't seen any for sale recently.

I can't recall if the issue price was $85 or $95, but saw one sold at Betts recently for $175!

carlosdetweiller
08-01-2013, 06:06 PM

I can't recall if the issue price was $85 or $95, but saw one sold at Betts recently for $175!

It was $85 plus they charged $15 for shipping.

Ricky
08-01-2013, 06:45 PM
That almost makes me sick at how reasonable that is. :(

jhanic
08-02-2013, 04:37 AM

With shipping, mine was $96.50.

John

SystemCrashOverRide
08-02-2013, 04:50 AM
Just a reminder, I'm still looking for a ticket to PEN in Toronto if anyone has one for sale, please contact me.

Cheers,

-Chase

Robert Fulman
08-02-2013, 05:11 AM
That almost makes me sick at how reasonable that is. :(You would probably be sicker to realize that they didn't sell out immediately, and they lasted through more than one of CD's 50% off coupon codes.

Ricky
08-02-2013, 07:07 AM
You're trying to make me throw up, right?

TwistedNadine
08-03-2013, 11:38 AM

Ive seen a few on ebay they seem to be going for about 150-175 which seems really pricey to me.

Dan
08-03-2013, 12:26 PM
I bought mine for about $100 shipped straight from CD. It seemed like a lot of money for something that wasn't a book, but I've changed my mind. Considering there are so many prints inside, the amazing quality of the portfolio, and the artist signature sheets, I'm amazed it wasn't higher. I've seen several times people parting out the portfolio and selling individual prints for $15 - $30 each. Also, compared to say the Wastelands Portfolio from Grant, there is no comparison. The wasteland portfolio is nice, but it's wrapped in a piece of cardboard with a photocopied piece of paper glued to it. I might be remembering incorrectly, but I believe that Brian Freeman said they either lost money or came in very close with these because the production costs were higher than anticipated, but they had already been per-sold and didn't want to change the price. The only downside, in my opinion, of the portfolio idea is that it's very difficult to display all the prints without continuous handling. I could buy multiple frames, but it's not feasible due to cost and space. I still think its a great purchase and highly recommend you find one.

Kingfan24
08-03-2013, 12:28 PM
I bought mine for about $100 shipped straight from CD. It seemed like a lot of money for something that wasn't a book, but I've changed my mind. Considering there are so many prints inside, the amazing quality of the portfolio, and the artist signature sheets, I'm amazed it wasn't higher. I've seen several times people parting out the portfolio and selling individual prints for $15 - $30 each. Also, compared to say the Wastelands Portfolio from Grant, there is no comparison. The wasteland portfolio is nice, but it's wrapped in a piece of cardboard with a photocopied piece of paper glued to it. I might be remembering incorrectly, but I believe that Brian Freeman said they either lost money or came in very close with these because the production costs were higher than anticipated, but they had already been per-sold and didn't want to change the price. The only downside, in my opinion, of the portfolio idea is that it's very difficult to display all the prints without continuous handling. I could buy multiple frames, but it's not feasible due to cost and space. I still think its a great purchase and highly recommend you find one.

I love my protfolio as well - now if only I could find a S/L It for a reasonable price.

Dan
08-03-2013, 12:31 PM
I hear ya! I "should" just save my money and get one, but sure enough I find something else I "have" to have and become broke again.

Jimimck
08-03-2013, 12:42 PM
When I decided to only have my three favourite King books in s/l format, IT was in that category. So of course I started kicking myself for not buying one at the $475 issue price.

I think $650 isn't too bad on the secondary market. Maybe in a few years ill be on the hunt for one too.

(Oh btw, I've kinda gone against my decision to only have my top three books in s/l format. I just can't bring myself to sell the few others I have lol)

Kingfan24
08-03-2013, 12:47 PM
The S/L format I just cannot stay away from. They are such amazing productions with amazing artwork, and plus you get a king sig. as well haha.

biomieg
08-03-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm (almost) the opposite. I hardly care about signed/limited editions. The stuff that gets my juices flowing (as Bob would say) is obscure items that don't look like much - old proofs from the 70s and 80s, college-era magazines and stuff like that. The S/Ls that I do like are the Philtrum Press editions (The Plant, EOTD, NLR, Six Stories) and quirky books like Dolan's Cadillac.

carlosdetweiller
08-03-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm (almost) the opposite. I hardly care about signed/limited editions. The stuff that gets my juices flowing (as Bob would say) is obscure items that don't look like much - old proofs from the 70s and 80s, college-era magazines and stuff like that. The S/Ls that I do like are the Philtrum Press editions (The Plant, EOTD, NLR, Six Stories) and quirky books like Dolan's Cadillac.

Agree 100%. Anyone with a credit card and an internet connection can get all the S/L's they can stand and/or afford. The early pre-Carrie publications and difficult periodical appearances are the real prizes.

Randall Flagg
08-03-2013, 01:24 PM

Agree 100%. Anyone with a credit card and an internet connection can get all the S/L's they can stand and/or afford. The early pre-Carrie publications and difficult periodical appearances are the real prizes.
Do you/did you pick those up prior to internet connections and credit cards-the days when anyone with a land-line telephone and a checkbook (with a bank account having sufficient funds) could buy stuff? People of means-Doctors, Lawyers, Wall Street Bankers, etc. Not the common folk.
Here is where the emoticon that Bob hates goes-:lol1:

TwistedNadine
08-03-2013, 01:35 PM

I also agree with this. I would gladly trade an SL for one of these more obscure items (the one missing Ubris copy comes to mind)

carlosdetweiller
08-03-2013, 01:35 PM

Do you/did you pick those up prior to internet connections and credit cards-the days when anyone with a land-line telephone and a checkbook (with a bank account having sufficient funds) could buy stuff? People of means-Doctors, Lawyers, Wall Street Bankers, etc. Not the common folk

Yeah, I think I said "all they can stand and/or afford." Certainly one should have the funds before purchasing. The point I was trying (probably unsuccessfully) to make was that buying S/L's on the internet is like fishing in a stocked lake where anyone can catch all the fish they want. Hunting down the rarer appearances takes more time and persistence and, often as not, can be priced cheaply if the seller doesn't realize what it is. Similar (maybe) to catching that elusive cutthroat trout on a hand tied fly in a remote stream all by yourself vs. paying a guide or fishing instructor to let you catch a bunch of large rainbow trout that were swimming in the hatchery last week. Which would make you happier? It all depends on the fisherman, I suppose.

TwistedNadine
08-03-2013, 01:36 PM
WANT TO TRADE??

I need a ticket to the Colorado Sept 25 event. Can trade for a NY ticket or...?
Anyone?

carlosdetweiller
08-03-2013, 01:39 PM
I would gladly trade an SL for one of these more obscure items (the one missing Ubris copy comes to mind)

Which Ubris are you missing?

TwistedNadine
08-03-2013, 01:40 PM
I would gladly trade an SL for one of these more obscure items (the one missing Ubris copy comes to mind)

Spring 68 with Caine Rose Up and Here There Be Tygers...

biomieg
08-03-2013, 01:44 PM

Spring 68 with Caine Rose Up and Here There Be Tygers...

I need that one as well (and the Fall '69 issue - I do have the other two).

Bad Penny
08-03-2013, 01:52 PM

Do you/did you pick those up prior to internet connections and credit cards-the days when anyone with a land-line telephone and a checkbook (with a bank account having sufficient funds) could buy stuff? People of means-Doctors, Lawyers, Wall Street Bankers, etc. Not the common folk

Yeah, I think I said "all they can stand and/or afford." Certainly one should have the funds before purchasing. The point I was trying (probably unsuccessfully) to make was that buying S/L's on the internet is like fishing in a stocked lake where anyone can catch all the fish they want. Hunting down the rarer appearances takes more time and persistence and, often as not, can be priced cheaply if the seller doesn't realize what it is. Similar (maybe) to catching that elusive cutthroat trout on a hand tied fly in a remote stream all by yourself vs. paying a guide or fishing instructor to let you catch a bunch of large rainbow trout that were swimming in the hatchery last week. Which would make you happier? It all depends on the fisherman, I suppose.

Can one not undertake both guided and guideless expeditions (I know I've been known to on the odd occasion)? As to the plethora of S/L's out there ripe for the plucking (limitless funds and 4G internet connection nonwithstanding) is there not a certain personal satisfaction and sense of accomplishment to be derived in the hunting down of a bargain price, a matching number or a copy in pristine condition? Personally speaking, I take equal satisfaction from this as I do in tracking down the more esoteric and unusual items associated with this shared collecting passion of ours (and, yes, the credit card and internet connection facilitate these forages too).

Jimimck
08-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Good points Grant.

I'd also like to point out that while Cujo s/l can be had by "anyone with a credit card and an Internet connection" I'd place a safe bet that I'm going to appreciate my recent acquisition of one as much (if not more so) as anyone appreciates their Pre carrie publication...

TwistedNadine
08-03-2013, 02:22 PM
I understood your point very well Bob. The Marshroots I acquired is one of the obscure items I had been searching for and sheer persistence and right place at the right time I not only found a copy but one at a fantastic price (and yes internet and email certainly helped). Same thing with the Ubris copies I have though the Marshroots was a far better deal. If I was as diligent with finding a copy of Spring 68 Ubris it would be in my collection by now but Ive slacked off considerably. Reversely Ive been buying SLs as they are released, keeping one and selling the others at a profit as a means to pay for the SL I keep. Ive found this to be a hell of a lot easier than searching out the obscure hard to find and a lot less time consuming but no where near as fulfilling or satisfying.

WeDealInLead
08-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Looking for a couple of paperbacks: Silver Bullet (movie tie-in), and Umney's Last Case (both covers).

carlosdetweiller
08-03-2013, 04:57 PM
I understood your point very well Bob. The Marshroots I acquired is one of the obscure items I had been searching for and sheer persistence and right place at the right time I not only found a copy but one at a fantastic price (and yes internet and email certainly helped). Same thing with the Ubris copies I have though the Marshroots was a far better deal. If I was as diligent with finding a copy of Spring 68 Ubris it would be in my collection by now but Ive slacked off considerably. Reversely Ive been buying SLs as they are released, keeping one and selling the others at a profit as a means to pay for the SL I keep. Ive found this to be a hell of a lot easier than searching out the obscure hard to find and a lot less time consuming but no where near as fulfilling or satisfying.

Congrats on the Marshroots. Definitely one of the rarer pre-Carrie items.

I have sent you and biomieg a PM that may help in your searching. Let me know if you do not get it.

Ricky
08-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Ive seen a few on ebay they seem to be going for about 150-175 which seems really pricey to me.

I think the lowest I've seen is $125 (after the auction ended), so yeah, that does seem a bit pricey.

I still think its a great purchase and highly recommend you find one.

I keep checking everywhere (ABE, eBay, etc.) but I haven't seen too many for sale.

I need a ticket to the Colorado Sept 25 event. Can trade for a NY ticket or...?

I don't have a Colorado ticket, but if you ever want to sell any NYC tickets, let me know.

TwistedNadine
08-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Congrats on the Marshroots. Definitely one of the rarer pre-Carrie items.
I have sent you and biomieg a PM that may help in your searching. Let me know if you do not get it.

Got it and very much appreciate the lead!

RandyinAK
08-04-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm still trying to find 2 tickets to the Toronto event..... I would take just one ticket it that was all that was available.... Anyone selling tickets to the Toronto event? Thanks

Fsmdr
08-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Looking for the US S/L of 11/22/63 in shrinkwraps. Thanks.

jhanic
08-05-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm willing to trade a signed limited Joyland (#712) for a signed trade of Joyland. PM me.

John

Swap made!

John

The Library Policeman
08-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Congrats, John.

Bad Penny
08-05-2013, 10:26 PM

John

Swap made!

John

Excellent news on the exchange John - congratulations :smile:

SystemCrashOverRide
08-06-2013, 04:55 AM
I feel like I just posted this and it's already been buried (you guys post so damn much! ;) ).

Looking for a single ticket to the Toronto PEN event. Please message me if you have one, have a lead on one, or have even heard whispers.

skyofcrack
08-06-2013, 05:26 AM
I'm still looking for leads on a decent Signet Firestarter 1st printing paperback and a copy of the Satyricon booklet with 'The Return of Timmy Baterman'. C'mon guys, it's almost my birthday - help me out here!

Good Luck! I've spent my entire SK collecting life looking for these two items. :cool2:

WeDealInLead
08-06-2013, 05:47 AM
I feel like I just posted this and it's already been buried (you guys post so damn much! ;) ).

Looking for a single ticket to the Toronto PEN event. Please message me if you have one, have a lead on one, or have even heard whispers.

Look for an overpriced ticket on eBay from scalpers when it gets closer to the event. It might be tough to find one close to issue price; it's the only event on the Doctor Sleep tour that has a guaranteed one hour signing after the Q&A.

That might change and actually, I would be surprised if it didn't change.

SystemCrashOverRide
08-06-2013, 06:07 AM
Look for an overpriced ticket on eBay from scalpers when it gets closer to the event. It might be tough to find one close to issue price; it's the only event on the Doctor Sleep tour that has a guaranteed one hour signing after the Q&A.

I know I wont be able to get it at the ticket price, I'm prepared to pay more than that, so far I haven't even been able to find someone to throw my money at!

biomieg
08-06-2013, 06:29 AM

Good Luck! I've spent my entire SK collecting life looking for these two items. :cool2:

I am beginning to think I have a better chance of finding a 'Salem's Lot, Shining, Stand or Night Shift proof....

(admittedly, there are a few Signet Firestarter 1st printings listed online but I don't think any of those are in decent shape) (although I'm not even looking for a perfect copy, I'd at least like the spine to be relatively straight and not creased too much)

jhanic
08-06-2013, 07:05 AM

I am beginning to think I have a better chance of finding a 'Salem's Lot, Shining, Stand or Night Shift proof....

(admittedly, there are a few Signet Firestarter 1st printings listed online but I don't think any of those are in decent shape) (although I'm not even looking for a perfect copy, I'd at least like the spine to be relatively straight and not creased too much)

Michaël, don't give up too easily. I have four Signet Firestarter first printings--two with the white cover, one with the black and one with a white cover that states "By the author of The Dead Zone and Cujo". The first three state "By the author of The Dead Zone". All have a full number line starting with "1". I've never seen another first that states "By the author of The Dead Zone and Cujo". Here's a picture of the first two:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_items/FirestarterPBfirstblackandwhite.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/Other_items/FirestarterPBfirstblackandwhite.jpg.html)

The copies I have are in G-VG shape.

John

biomieg
08-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Well, if you wish to sell one of the duplicate white ones you know where to find me ;)

SystemCrashOverRide
08-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Michaël, don't give up too easily. I have four Signet Firestarter first printings--two with the white cover, one with the black and one with a white cover that states "By the author of The Dead Zone and Cujo". The first three state "By the author of The Dead Zone". All have a full number line starting with "1". I've never seen another first that states "By the author of The Dead Zone and Cujo". Here's a picture of the first two:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_items/FirestarterPBfirstblackandwhite.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/Other_items/FirestarterPBfirstblackandwhite.jpg.html)

John

I've seen/own that soft cover (have to check the shelf) but I didn't know it had any value... Is it especially rare in any sense? Did they do multiple printings with that cover? Or only one?

jhanic
08-06-2013, 07:13 AM
I'll remember that! :D

John

jhanic
08-06-2013, 07:17 AM

John

I've seen/own that soft cover (have to check the shelf) but I didn't know it had any value... Is it especially rare in any sense? Did they do multiple printings with that cover? Or only one?

Just check the number line. According to my notes, there were a total of 50,000 copies of the first printings and all were packaged in a box with two other King paperbacks. I estimate there were 25,000 of each color, but I could be wrong in that. As I said, though, I've never seen another first printing with "By the author of The Dead Zone and Cujo". I truly don't know where that one came from. I got it off eBay.

John

biomieg
08-06-2013, 07:18 AM

John

There are dozens of printings with this cover but being the obsessive-compulsive collector that I am, I'm looking for a first printing. Like John says, that one is instantly recognizable because it has the blurb 'from the author of the Dead Zone' (not mentioning any other titles), and it has a full number line of course.

It is not valuable, I simply like the design of the older PBs and I'm trying to get a set of the ones from the 1970s and 1980s (I already have great copies of every book before Firestarter). But for some reason, first printings are really hard to find.

TwistedNadine
08-06-2013, 08:17 AM
it's the only event on the Doctor Sleep tour that has a guaranteed one hour signing after the Q&A.

What makes you think the hour signing will change? Youre thinking they will change it to pre-signed books being distributed like the other events?

sgc1999
08-06-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm looking for Remarqued Dark Tower books. will pay nicely!!!
wolves of Calla
song of Susannah
The Dark tower
Sister of Eluria

tippy4
08-07-2013, 03:10 PM
it's the only event on the Doctor Sleep tour that has a guaranteed one hour signing after the Q&A.

What makes you think the hour signing will change? Youre thinking they will change it to pre-signed books being distributed like the other events?

I agree with him...nothing about these events is set in stone.

My opinion....King will sign...it will be one book per person, no inscriptions, and he will stay more than an hour, but not more than two.

WeDealInLead
08-07-2013, 03:16 PM
I called them shortly after I bought the tickets. The guy said (in short), it's Doctor Sleep + 1. I called the next day and talked to a different person and he said that there would be a one hour signing. I asked about the number of books King agreed to sign and the answer was "don't know."

I really, really, hope I'm wrong and they honour the announcement but I have this feeling that the PEN folk aren't 100% on what's really going to happen.

Randall Flagg
08-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Everyone calling (as mentioned) just fucks things up. These venues and charities have in most cases never done something like this before. The only freaks repetitively calling are people like us. The calls actually help them figure out how to make sure collectors can't intelligently tip the odds in their favor for a signed book.
Stop fucking things up for everyone. Be surreptitious, but don't ruin the deal for everyone.

Roseannebarr
08-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Everyone calling (as mentioned) just fucks things up. These venues and charities have in most cases never done something like this before. The only freaks repetitively calling are people like us. The calls actually help them figure out how to make sure collectors can't intelligently tip the odds in their favor for a signed book.
Stop fucking things up for everyone. Be surreptitious, but don't ruin the deal for everyone.

That is what I was trying to say! The more they think about it the more they can do to screw it up for us. LIke kingfan said, if everyone is getting a book unsigned as they come in and then they hand out 200 to live people on the way out. extra tickets were meaningless. :)

Ari_Racing
08-08-2013, 06:22 AM
You can't blame people for calling and trying to figure out how the signing will be. If just by calling you fuck up the signing it's the organizer's blame, not the one who calls.

tippy4
08-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Does not mater whose fault it is...the net result is it is screwing other people (potentially).

Patrick
08-08-2013, 12:57 PM
As TN, and perhaps others, know, I have never been a proponent of calling hosting organizations for these events. Too much conflicting information, most of which is unreliable as the plans develop and change and most of their own people have no clue as to the plan anyway. Personally I try to maintain the goal of going to events with the low expectation of receiving the minimum value you paid for and with the expectation of enjoying yourself. Beyond that, as a signature hound, stay aware, think creatively, be respectful, and try not to piss off the staff unnecessarily.

The Library Policeman
08-08-2013, 01:09 PM
The James Herbert signing I went to last year in Waterstones was a poorly organised shambles. The actual signing was a free for all with no staff organising a line to wait in. Everyone just gathered at the signing table in a crowd. Thankfully Mr. Herbert was very patient and courteous, staying to almost midnight and signing (with dedications) for everyone.

Merlin1958
08-08-2013, 02:39 PM
As TN, and perhaps others, know, I have never been a proponent of calling hosting organizations for these events. Too much conflicting information, most of which is unreliable as the plans develop and change and most of their own people have no clue as to the plan anyway. Personally I try to maintain the goal of going to events with the low expectation of receiving the minimum value you paid for and with the expectation of enjoying yourself. Beyond that, as a signature hound, stay aware, think creatively, be respectful, and try not to piss off the staff unnecessarily.

And stay close to either, Jerome or Jim. Those guys are professionals!!! LOL

Hell, Jerome can "sense" King's urge to pee!!! LOL LOL

EXPLORER
08-08-2013, 07:33 PM

And stay close to either, Jerome or Jim. Those guys are professionals!!! LOL

Hell, Jerome can "sense" King's urge to pee!!! LOL LOL
I was on the phone with my wife when Mr King walked into one bookstore I was canvasing and as I told her he headed toward the back she questioned, "Why didn't you follow him?". When I mentioned that he might be on his way to the bathroom she understood my thought of restraint. Instead I just waited (with book in hand) by the display of his books and was rewarded with a greeting and handshake (as well as some signatures). I never even thought to wonder if he had washed his hands at the time.

Ricky
08-10-2013, 09:42 AM
WANTED: It 25th Anniversary Edition Art Portfolio (any number). If anyone's selling, thinking about selling, or knows someone who is, please let me know!

mistercrowley
08-10-2013, 09:46 AM
I have one that i am considering selling for the right price. PM me with an offer and maybe we can work something out

dnemec
08-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Looking for an unsigned 1st/1st of The Shining or Carrie that I *hope* to get signed in October.

sgc1999
08-10-2013, 07:43 PM
How about a night shift:)

Kingfan24
08-11-2013, 12:24 PM
I have been trying (to no avail) to find an IT S/l - so if anyone has one at a decent price lets make a deal!

Kingfan24
08-11-2013, 01:40 PM
McdonaldJ - empty your box so i can respond to your pm

Merlin1958
08-11-2013, 06:07 PM
I have been trying (to no avail) to find an IT S/l - so if anyone has one at a decent price lets make a deal!

Best of luck to you. That is one of the better "Re-issue" S/L to come out so far!!! CD really rocks!!! :rock:

SystemCrashOverRide
08-11-2013, 07:32 PM
I'll keep putting this out there on the off chance that some fresh eyes see it, I'm still looking for a ticket to Stephen/Owen King's PEN event in Toronto. If you have a ticket or know anyone who has an extra or who cannot go, please let me know as I would be happy to buy it.

TwistedNadine
08-12-2013, 09:15 AM
I thought I saw an Ebay listing for one or two Canada tickets just recently. Too lazy to check right now.
I have NY tickets tho if your interested

George at C-Springs
08-15-2013, 05:29 PM
WANTED

Joyland S/L #186 (have #385)

Insomnia S/L # 1, 2 ,3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9!

Greg
08-16-2013, 03:28 AM
IT PC Portfolio wanted, cheers.

Kingfan24
08-16-2013, 03:32 PM
So after purchasing Brice's copy of knowing darkness - I know someone here bought his original whelan drawing. I would REALLLLLLY like to get that back and keep it with its original book - please pm me - I can pay cash or trade!

Merlin1958
08-16-2013, 04:55 PM
So after purchasing Brice's copy of knowing darkness - I know someone here bought his original whelan drawing. I would REALLLLLLY like to get that back and keep it with its original book - please pm me - I can pay cash or trade!

Now you need one of these!!!

https://www.bookslipcase.com/Custom_made_book_slip_case_.html

Randall Flagg
08-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Sorry. No.

carlosdetweiller
08-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Sorry. No.

How ironic that it is Jerome that now owns the drawing?

Kingfan24
08-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Oh well not much I can do about that

Tito_Villa
08-17-2013, 01:38 AM
Pretty funny, looking for a US Carrie 1st

Kingfan24
08-17-2013, 06:34 AM
Needless to say looking for a whelan drawing for knowing darkness

Rachel Readman
08-17-2013, 09:10 AM
You could always pay Michael to do another drawing, if he is willing. That way the money goes to the artist and supports him in his work and you get what you want, everyone wins.

Randall Flagg
08-17-2013, 10:48 AM
It was reported, but even Jerad Walters isn't certain, that there would be 50 pieces done by Whelan. Perhaps Whelan knows the true number, but I believe there were less than 50. 7 members here have 8 pieces. Perhaps more.
FWIW, I don't think I could ever sell the piece, but if I did it would take an offer I "can't refuse". Art is subjective, but the two pieces I have are my favorites of what I have seen.

DoctorZaius
08-17-2013, 10:48 AM
You could always pay Michael to do another drawing, if he is willing. That way the money goes to the artist and supports him in his work and you get what you want, everyone wins.

Do you know if Whelan accepts commissions?

Brice
08-17-2013, 11:22 AM
It was reported, but even Jerad Walters isn't certain, that there would be 50 pieces done by Whelan. Perhaps Whelan knows the true number, but I believe there were less than 50. 7 members here have 8 pieces. Perhaps more.
FWIW, I don't think I could ever sell the piece, but if I did it would take an offer I "can't refuse". Art is subjective, but the two pieces I have are my favorites of what I have seen.

50 is the highest number of these that might have been done. I too now believe less than 50 were done. I'm thinking in the 10-25 range at this point after talking to several people. Of course I haven't spoke to Whelan himself though.

Do you know if Whelan accepts commissions?

Yes, I believe he does! David (wizardsrainbow here) from Betts might be the best person to ask about it.

tippy4
08-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Perhaps the other 42 reside with the LSOE remarques.

Sorry.....I could not resist.

mcdonaldj
08-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Oh well not much I can do about that

Add him to your mortal enemies list.

"Yes, in fact I have 61. Would you like to see the list?"

Randall Flagg
08-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Perhaps the other 42 reside with the LSOE remarques.

Sorry.....I could not resist.
Actually (not sure it's 42, but quite a few) of the LSOE remarqued copies exist.
Sorry too...old wound.

Tito_Villa
08-17-2013, 02:05 PM
And you'll never tell?

Randall Flagg
08-17-2013, 02:06 PM
And you'll never tell?
I will tell.
Not today; but I will.

Tito_Villa
08-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Any time frame?

Randall Flagg
08-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Any time frame?
Noon to 3PM PDT

TwistedNadine
08-17-2013, 02:09 PM
unspecified day

Randall Flagg
08-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Monday

TwistedNadine
08-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Unspecified Year

Tito_Villa
08-17-2013, 02:16 PM
Haha

Randall Flagg
08-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Off topic. We (I ) should move these posts.

bdwyer19
08-19-2013, 04:57 AM
Longshot, I know... I'm looking for a S/L Christine or Regulators. Thanks!

tippy4
08-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Longshot, I know... I'm looking for a S/L Christine or Regulators. Thanks!

See my signature...I have a beautuful copy of Christine for sale.

bdwyer19
08-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Thanks Rick. Unfortunately, it's out of my price range.

RandyinAK
08-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Hello Everyone,
Any chance anyone has a couple tickets (I would even be happy with one) for the Stephen King October event in Toronto?
Thanks

Jimimck
08-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Wanted: Dark Man Art Portfolio. Keen to trade Dark Man Arc.

dnemec
08-20-2013, 05:15 AM
Still looking for an unsigned 1st/1st of The Shining or Carrie that I *hope* to get signed in October. I'd like for it to be in really great shape as this book will not be upgraded. If anyone has one, please PM me!!!

thegunslinger41
08-20-2013, 08:42 AM
Looking to purchase 1st/1st of Rage and THe Long Walk.

thegunslinger41
08-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Looking for a Salem's Lot 1/600 from Centipede press. Thanks!

Merlin1958
08-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Looking for a Salem's Lot 1/600 from Centipede press. Thanks!

There is one for sale on ebay right now, I believe.

Check recent posts in the "Intriguing Auctions" thread.

jhanic
08-23-2013, 04:02 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING-SALEMS-LOT-CENTIPIDE-PRESS-1-600-COPIES-IN-CLAM-SHELL-CASE-/171109673902?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item27d6ee6bae

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALEMS-LOT-by-Stephen-King-Centipede-Press-Limited-Gift-Edition-/251323994095?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item3a8413cfef

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Salems-Lot-LIMITED-EDITION-Stephen-King-1-of-600-Photographs-by-Jerry-Uelsmann-/130917620555?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item1e7b4c5b4b

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-23-2013, 06:36 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING-SALEMS-LOT-CENTIPIDE-PRESS-1-600-COPIES-IN-CLAM-SHELL-CASE-/171109673902?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item27d6ee6bae

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALEMS-LOT-by-Stephen-King-Centipede-Press-Limited-Gift-Edition-/251323994095?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item3a8413cfef

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Salems-Lot-LIMITED-EDITION-Stephen-King-1-of-600-Photographs-by-Jerry-Uelsmann-/130917620555?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item1e7b4c5b4b

John

These have shot up in price. I looked at my records, and I bought mine off ebay in April 2008 for $110. The seller was riverlintrader, and I remember the seller had a few for sale at that price.

cit74
08-23-2013, 07:07 AM

John

These have shot up in price. I looked at my records, and I bought mine off ebay in April 2008 for $110. The seller was riverlintrader, and I remember the seller had a few for sale at that price.

i got one a few months back for $200 - and picked up a dolso case for it - so in the end still cheaper than those with the tray case. Betts had one for sale a little ways back as well - with the tray case - so might want to check there as well

Br!an
08-23-2013, 07:18 AM

John

I don't see them actually selling for that.

thegunslinger41
08-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Yeah, my issue with these is that they are overprice, IMO. People are hesitant to list their items with a lower starting bid, regular auction style. Ugh.. Oh well. One will come up eventually.

tippy4
08-23-2013, 08:50 AM
I bough 40 of these back in the day from CP.....I was close to selling them at cost towards the end of my selling of them....wish I had hung on to them.

Scoogs
08-23-2013, 09:52 AM
I forget the exact price, but one or two sold earlier this year on the high end of those prices. It included the traycase and the extra set of prints.

Kingfan24
08-24-2013, 03:10 PM
still looking for the grey talisman gift edition....

Br!an
08-26-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm looking for a nice copy of Creepshow worthy of having Bernie Wrightson sign it.

***Found one***

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-14-2013, 05:48 AM
Looking to buy "Ubris" from Fall 1969, containing The Dark Man/Stud City. Anyone help?

George at C-Springs
09-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Still looking for a single digit S/L Insomnia and Joyland #186!

killbourne
09-15-2013, 06:09 PM
a s/l salem's lot.

Scoogs
09-15-2013, 06:41 PM
a s/l salem's lot.

There's one on ebay that is ending soon, but the $1400 opening bid seems a bit high for the current market.

Fsmdr
09-19-2013, 08:02 AM
Looking for S/L Secretary Of Dreams Vol 1. Thanks.

Ari_Racing
09-19-2013, 08:16 AM
Oh...I sold mine two weeks ago :(

carlosdetweiller
09-19-2013, 08:22 AM

PM sent.

SirFolio16
09-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Looking for:
Christine S/L

EXPLORER
09-19-2013, 10:07 AM

check http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Secretary-of-Dreams-Vol-1-by-Stephen-King-2006-Hardcover-/221285380985?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item3385a2f379

NEVERMIND.. NOT a S/L

tippy4
09-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Looking for:
Christine S/LSee my signature.........

namelessnpoor
09-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Anyone have a 1st /1st Firestarter they want to get rid of cheap? Just looking for something decent, even with no jacket is fine, as long as book is decent. Not looking to pay a lot obviously.
PM me if you have something
Thanks