PDA

View Full Version : King Books/Items Wanted

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Garrell
08-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Hope you get it:)

Bad Penny
08-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Haha!!! Still need to visit this book collector dood here in Houston. He has a STAND S/L. Maybe i can wiggle that book outta his clutches. He's had it unsold for over 10 years....and "horror genre" isn't his thing he told me once. So maybe.....Keep your fingers crossed.

G

Good luck with that deal mate, if you can scoop one of these for less than $1,500 you'll be doing fine :smile:

Merlin1958
08-23-2012, 09:25 AM
I hear that!!! I struck out recently at $1,250 with AKC. He may still have one, but not for $1k!!!

divemaster
08-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Going from memory here, but the lowest price Stand S/L that I have come across that was either pristine or close to it went for $1,400. This was about 2 years ago. A bit of an outlier as all others I have seen (again, F or NF) have been over $1,500. I almost pulled the trigger. So $1,400 is my mental set point for purchase. If you can do better than that you should jump on it without hesitation.

Merlin1958
08-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Going from memory here, but the lowest price Stand S/L that I have come across that was either pristine or close to it went for $1,400. This was about 2 years ago. A bit of an outlier as all others I have seen (again, F or NF) have been over $1,500. I almost pulled the trigger. So $1,400 is my mental set point for purchase. If you can do better than that you should jump on it without hesitation.

Yeah, $1400-1700 seems to be the current market. Good luck!!!

Jimimck
08-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Didn't someone pick one up here for $1150 earlier this year or last year? Thats the magic figure I have in my head for buying one no matter how poor it will make me...
I agree though, anything under $1500 would be a good buy.

**EDIT** Forgot to mention:

I have some spare coin sitting in my paypal account, about $150, and am wondering if anyone is keen to seel any of the following:
- Insonia Gift edition (am not expecting this to cost $150 :wink: )
- Green Mile Gift edition
- Talisman Gift edition
- COTW trade edition with The Collectors aftermarket slipcase
- Anything else that is super cool that may fit in that budget.

I live in New Zealand, and so I have to allow for shipping, so kinda hoping I won't have to add to much to that budget to cover shipping costs, if anything at all.

Anyway - let me know what you want to get rid of and lets see if I can increase my collection a bit more!

Cheers
James

sgc1999
08-23-2012, 02:22 PM
theres a talisman at betts for $100:)
still in the shrinkwrap.

Jimimck
08-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks SGC - but that is the Talisman/Blackhouse edition I think. I should have mentioned I'm after the two volume Talisman deluxe edition (I think of this as a gift edition, but yeah, the gift edition is with Blackhouse ay?)

Cheers
James

shaq
08-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Hi,

I have the insomnia gift edition if you want to make an offer, in very good condition. I' m uk based if that has any bearing on postage costs.

Also, I have a grants artist edition of DT vii? Anyway pm me if interested.

Cheers, dave

AKC
08-23-2012, 04:41 PM

I just sold 1 of my 2 copies for $1,700 at BETTS.....The other one will also be posted for sale on BETTS soon......for $1850 (NEW/NEW Condition with WSJ Article and ORIGINAL SHIPPING BOX from DOUBLEDAY).......

If somebody wants to make me a FAIR offer based on current market value, I'd listen....

AKC

Jimimck
08-23-2012, 04:55 PM
AKC - see my budget in the post four above yours? Whadda think? :evil:

Shannon
08-23-2012, 04:55 PM
AKC: $1.50!

divemaster
08-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Didn't someone pick one up here for $1150 earlier this year or last year? Thats the magic figure I have in my head for buying one no matter how poor it will make me...

The one that went for $1,150 was not "pristine or close to it." I don't recall the particulars but there was something weird about it.

sgc1999
08-23-2012, 06:02 PM
i think the case was trashed and needed a complete restoration.

TwistedNadine
08-23-2012, 06:05 PM
i think the case was trashed and needed a complete restoration.

Was that it? I seem to recall there was something weird about the sig or the sig page but might be confusing that with something else

sgc1999
08-23-2012, 06:16 PM
oh snap i just remembered it actually didnt have any box at all. Just the book.

TwistedNadine
08-23-2012, 06:18 PM
oh snap i just remembered it actually didnt have any box at all. Just the book.

Yeah I think that was it.

AKC
08-24-2012, 04:47 AM

I just sold 1 of my 2 copies for $1,700 at BETTS.....The other one will also be posted for sale on BETTS soon......for $1850 (NEW/NEW Condition with WSJ Article and ORIGINAL SHIPPING BOX from DOUBLEDAY).......

If somebody wants to make me a FAIR offer based on current market value, I'd listen....

AKC

Copy 2 of 2 SOLD for asking price overnight....

Sorry Jerome, back on topic......

WeDealInLead
08-24-2012, 06:52 AM

The one that went for $1,150 was not "pristine or close to it." I don't recall the particulars but there was something weird about it.

Jimimck,

I think you might be thinking of mine. I bought it for $1100 in January last year. The seller didn't put a picture of the book in the listing. I asked some questions and after satisfying answers, I used Buy It Now. It was in great condition too.

I do remember the one divemaster is talking about though but can't remember the particulars.

biomieg
08-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Can one of my US friends get me a nice 'news stand' (i.e., no address label) copy of Harper's with the newest King short story? I can pay you when I get back home (in a week) - I don't want to use PayPal on my iPhone. Thanks!

Niels
08-25-2012, 04:45 AM
Make that 2 copies

Stockerlone
08-25-2012, 06:00 AM
Can one of my US friends get me a nice 'news stand' (i.e., no address label) copy of Harper's with the newest King short story? I can pay you when I get back home (in a week) - I don't want to use PayPal on my iPhone. Thanks!

Was it difficult to get in the Netherlands?
I´ve seen them at airport or train station bookshops in my area but they were far too expensive.

Niels
08-25-2012, 09:14 AM
I haven't seen one for sale, yet.
Made an inquiry at the American Book Center, but haven't received a reply.

Roseannebarr
08-25-2012, 10:35 AM
I haven't seen one for sale, yet.
Made an inquiry at the American Book Center, but haven't received a reply.

release date august 28 but i thought they release early

TwistedNadine
08-25-2012, 11:02 AM

I can pick up a couple of copies for you guys (Biomieg and Niels). Not sure if its out yet but Ill be bopping around bookstores today so will check it out and let you know.

Niels
08-25-2012, 12:11 PM
That would be very nice! Just let me know the result.

Merlin1958
08-25-2012, 04:53 PM
I would be willing as well. I'll check B&N tomorrow!!!! Let me know re:status. Though I would guess if not you guys there would be others. No charge, it's on me!!!

TwistedNadine
08-25-2012, 05:36 PM

My B&N had them in stock so I picked up Fine copies for you guys

Biomieg and Neils PM me to figure out logistics

Merlin1958
08-25-2012, 05:43 PM

OK, way to go TN!!! You guys are in great hands!!!! Let me know if anyone else is interested from overseas!!

sgc1999
08-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Hi,
Looking for remarqued dark tower books 1st/1st, or remarqued artist editions.

Jimimck
08-25-2012, 09:37 PM

OK, way to go TN!!! You guys are in great hands!!!! Let me know if anyone else is interested from overseas!!

Hey Bill.
I'd be keen on a copy if you have one spare. How much to getting to NZ?
Cheers

Jimimck
08-26-2012, 02:32 AM

**EDIT** Forgot to mention:

I have some spare coin sitting in my paypal account, about $150, and am wondering if anyone is keen to seel any of the following:
- Insonia Gift edition (am not expecting this to cost $150 :wink: )
- Green Mile Gift edition
- Talisman Gift edition
- COTW trade edition with The Collectors aftermarket slipcase
- Anything else that is super cool that may fit in that budget.

I live in New Zealand, and so I have to allow for shipping, so kinda hoping I won't have to add to much to that budget to cover shipping costs, if anything at all.

Anyway - let me know what you want to get rid of and lets see if I can increase my collection a bit more!

Cheers
James

Oh yeah, From a Buick 8 gift edition is on my want list too....

TwistedNadine
08-26-2012, 11:10 AM
I would be willing as well. I'll check B&N tomorrow!!!! Let me know re:status. Though I would guess if not you guys there would be others. No charge, it's on me!!!

You cant one up me, Mr. Bill. I will also not be charging for this minor service to fellow members.
So there.

TwistedNadine
08-26-2012, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=Merlin1958;722627]

Hey Bill.
Cheers

I have an extra for you Jimimck. I also have your address. I'll send it off tomorrow with the other ones.

biomieg
08-26-2012, 11:49 AM

Thank you! I'll be back home on Saturday, just let me know how much I owe you.

ur2ndbiggestfan
08-26-2012, 02:20 PM
I went looking today and couldn't find Harper's at Target or my local drug store. I guess they don't carry it.

Jimimck
08-26-2012, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=Merlin1958;722627]

Hey Bill.
Cheers

I have an extra for you Jimimck. I also have your address. I'll send it off tomorrow with the other ones.

You kick arse! Thank you very much
:biggrin:

Thelangoleer
08-26-2012, 04:50 PM
As I said before I sold some items out of my collection - looking for a rainy season s/l print

Randall Flagg
08-26-2012, 05:56 PM
As I said before I sold some items out of my collection - looking for a rainy season s/l print
Contact tippy4...but be prepared to pay the appropriate amount.

Roseannebarr
08-27-2012, 07:59 AM
I went looking today and couldn't find Harper's at Target or my local drug store. I guess they don't carry it.

I saw Harpers at our local grocery store. but not at target!

WeDealInLead
08-27-2012, 10:39 AM
'Salem's Lot - illustrated edition, first printing
The Stand - Holdforf cover, first printing
Wizard & Glass UK hardcover

tippy4
08-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Contact tippy4...but be prepared to pay the appropriate amount.

Yes, I recently acquired one...and it is really nothing special.

That being said, I don't think I am going to part with it anytime soon.

Thelangoleer
08-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Seems to be a rarity ... Oh well... Also looking for lsoe gift or s/l

Merlin1958
08-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Seems to be a rarity ... Oh well... Also looking for lsoe gift or s/l

Best of Luck!!!!

deanhoadley
09-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, my girlfriend has jus won this on ebay, looking at it I sure its just a hardback edition of the book, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271044420634?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 but iv no idea coz of the embossed signature? Anyone offer nay help please?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Hi Dean. It is the USA hardback. It is not a proof. All the hardbacks have an embossed signature on the cover. Just make sure there is a price on the DJ or it could be a book club edition.

thegunslinger41
09-12-2012, 06:16 AM
Looking for Joe HIll Heart-Shaped BOx #ed (1-200) Edition. Please PM me your best price! Thanks.

G

Brice
09-12-2012, 06:43 AM
By best price you mean highest, right? :unsure:

:P

thegunslinger41
09-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Of course I mean highest price Brice! LOl

Brice
09-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Oh, cool! I have a copy in pristine condition for a very modest price of 1 trillion US $s.

AKC
09-15-2012, 12:10 PM
I want a NLR and a Roman Numeral Six Stories!!!!

Is that too much to ask?

AKC

jhanic
09-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Not if you have enough money! :tongue:

John

neosatus
09-22-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm looking for a Secretary Of Dreams Volume 2 S/L Traycase if anyone has a spare.

Thelangoleer
09-23-2012, 06:29 AM
might be a long shot but does anyone have a extra G-F dj for night shift?

tippy4
09-23-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm looking for a Secretary Of Dreams Volume 2 S/L Traycase if anyone has a spare.

I have one I would sell for $300...I will even throw the book inside in for free!

:biggrin:

Shannon
09-23-2012, 02:01 PM
$300's not a bad price at all, especially if he includes the book.

TwistedNadine
09-24-2012, 10:42 AM

Did you check to see if CD have any?
Ive been lucky getting a few items that way even tho no longer available on their web site

Thelangoleer
09-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Anyone out there have an extra night shift first edition jacket? And what would a book be worth alone?

EXPLORER
09-28-2012, 07:37 PM
WANTED Drawing of The Three Signed Ltd #219 and The Wastelands Signed Ltd #219

biomieg
10-02-2012, 12:44 AM
I'm looking for a F/F (or close) copy of PET SEMATARY with the '1983' date, and a nice copy of the 2nd state (typeset) proof of the same book. I have great copies of the other versions ('1982' trade and 'typewritten' proof) that need company.

Thelangoleer
10-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Would like to get one of those FDNS signed book club editions also looking for an insomnia gift edition at a reasonable price

Ari_Racing
10-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Looking for a copy of Harpers that include the story Batman and Robin had an altercation. Also...if no one has a copy for sale but would be kind to scan or take a pic of the pages and send 'em to my email I'd really appreciate that. I've been unable to read the story so far. :(

biomieg
10-10-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm looking for a F/F (or close) copy of PET SEMATARY with the '1983' date, and a nice copy of the 2nd state (typeset) proof of the same book. I have great copies of the other versions ('1982' trade and 'typewritten' proof) that need company.

Anyone? I can get both on ABE but I prefer dealing with you guys!

you ever seen a ghost?
10-10-2012, 12:45 PM
i promise an updated and revised edition of the bibliography is coming. this time it is going to be ebook only. that is all i can say right now other than that the publisher is not Cemetery Dance. we signed the contract and everything, but we ran into some formatting issues and i am having to revise every entry in the document to make it easier for the typesetter (yes, ebooks have typesetters apparently). however, this gives me the chance to make it as up to date as possible, so i am still updating/revising as i am fixing the formatting. i have made corrections as they have been sent to me, but i have done the best i can without buying every single item, which is something even the supercollectors don't do. imagine if you had hardcover, reprint hardcover, trade paperback, UK trade paperback, book club and mass-market paperback of some fucking bargain bin anthology containing yet another reprint! i promise that there are some items that have never been mentioned in print before though. get excited!

-justin

jhanic
10-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Looking forward to the new one, Justin! Your first edition is still an invaluable tool.

John

Jimimck
10-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Looking for a copy of Harpers that include the story Batman and Robin had an altercation. Also...if no one has a copy for sale but would be kind to scan or take a pic of the pages and send 'em to my email I'd really appreciate that. I've been unable to read the story so far. :(

Hi Ari,
I'm sure that is the magazine Twisted Nadine sent me a copy of, so I can scan the story for you when I get home.
PM me your email and I'll send it off to you.

Cheers
James

herbertwest
10-10-2012, 05:10 PM
i promise an updated and revised edition of the bibliography is coming. this time it is going to be ebook only. that is all i can say right now other than that the publisher is not Cemetery Dance. we signed the contract and everything, but we ran into some formatting issues and i am having to revise every entry in the document to make it easier for the typesetter (yes, ebooks have typesetters apparently). however, this gives me the chance to make it as up to date as possible, so i am still updating/revising as i am fixing the formatting. i have made corrections as they have been sent to me, but i have done the best i can without buying every single item, which is something even the supercollectors don't do. imagine if you had hardcover, reprint hardcover, trade paperback, UK trade paperback, book club and mass-market paperback of some fucking bargain bin anthology containing yet another reprint! i promise that there are some items that have never been mentioned in print before though. get excited!

-justin

Cant wait !
May we expect it to be available before the end of the year? :)

TwistedNadine
10-10-2012, 05:34 PM

I have a PDF of it. If you still need it PM me and Ill email it tomorrow

you ever seen a ghost?
10-10-2012, 06:42 PM

-justin

Cant wait !
May we expect it to be available before the end of the year? :)

not really sure on that one.

-justin

Shannon
10-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Mr. Justin,

Love your book, very looking forward to the next one.

- Me. :)

biomieg
10-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Justin, I'm looking forward to it! Thank you for this update.

Roseannebarr
10-11-2012, 10:13 AM
I want a NLR and a Roman Numeral Six Stories!!!!

Is that too much to ask?

AKC

I want a NLR as well. Nobody seems to want to sell :(

sgc1999
10-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Is there a kind member who would be willing to sell me a first printing dj for "four past midnight" ? i dont care about the book but im looking for an unclipped fine dj. Thank everyone:)

Ricky
10-11-2012, 02:14 PM
I have a PDF of it. If you still need it PM me and Ill email it tomorrow

Could I also bother you to e-mail me the PDF as well? I'd really appreciate it. I don't need a copy of the magazine. Just want to read the story.

Is there a kind member who would be willing to sell me a first printing dj for "four past midnight" ? i dont care about the book but im looking for an unclipped fine dj. Thank everyone:)

I think I have an extra one. I'll check when I go upstairs and get back to you.

Jimimck
10-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Ricky, PM me your email and I can forward you the PDF I sent Ari.
Its scanned from the magazine Twisted Nadine kindly sent me!

I'll be home in about six hours so can send it then if you still need a copy.

Offer open to anyone else that needs.

Fsmdr
10-11-2012, 03:59 PM

Betts have one for sale:

JS4 Four Past Midnight 1st Viking Edition - Fine/Fine- $15

sgc1999
10-11-2012, 07:07 PM
thank you:)

Merlin1958
10-12-2012, 07:08 AM

I'll take you up on that!!!

Ricky
10-12-2012, 11:51 AM

I checked last night and it turns out I don't have an extra. I could've sworn I did. Sorry about that.

Thank you! :D

sgc1999
10-12-2012, 11:58 AM
no worries. David has one. Thanks though.

stkmw02
10-14-2012, 06:44 AM
Last year, I decided to get my King fix to celebrate my birthday and receiving my Masters of Library Science - both on May 12th! This year, May 12th marks my birthday, Mother's Day, and my due date!! I'd like to celebrate... before all my "King fund" money goes to baby. ;)

Thank you very much for taking a look, I appreciate any purchasing suggestions!!

IMMEDIATELY SEEKING:
Different Seasons (Viking)
Pet Sematary (Doubleday - first state dust jacket)
The Dead Zone (Viking)

NO RUSH:
The Bachman Books (NAL hardcover)
'Salem's Lot (Doubleday 1975 - first or third cover state)
Carrie (Doubleday)
The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger (Grant 1982)
Firestarter (Viking) - awaiting!!
The Green Mile Complete Serial Novel (Scribner) - awaiting!!
Just After Sunset (Scribner) - awaiting!!
Night Shift (Doubleday)
The Plant (Philtrum Press)
Rage (Signet paperback, Bachman)
Roadwork (Signet paperback, Bachman)
The Shining (Doubleday)
Six Stories
The Stand (Doubleday, 1978 ) - awaiting!!

Volume 5 of Castle Rock Newsletters

Bare Bones
First Words
The Fugitive Recaptured
How to Write Tales of Horror, Fantasy, and Science Fiction
The Stephen King Companion

LT's Theory of Pets (Stephen King audio recording)
Mile 81 CD
UR CD
The WaveDancer Benefit CD

Bag of Bones DVD
Desperation DVD
The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer DVD
Dolan's Cadillac DVD
Graveyard Shift DVD
Hearts in Atlantis DVD
The Night Flier DVD
Nightmares & Dreamscapes DVD
Riding the Bullet DVD
Sometimes They Come Back DVD
Stephen King's The Shining DVD
Tales from the Darkside: The Movie DVD
Thinner DVD

CRinVA
10-15-2012, 06:41 AM
Just a few items Library Girl!!!!!!

All I want are a First Edition Salems Lot - any state Dust jacket

and 1st Eds of Rage, Roadwork, The Long Walk

stkmw02
10-15-2012, 06:43 AM
lol Well, it IS just a few when you consider those will complete my collection! :redface:

sgc1999
10-15-2012, 06:49 AM
congrats on the new addition to your family!!!

Merlin1958
10-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Does anyone out there want a TGWLTG Pop-up Book? I'll pay for s/h just want it to go to a good home!!! Pm me if interested!!!

stkmw02
10-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Aw, c'mon... someone MUST want TGWLTG! It's such an awesome pop-up!!

Thelangoleer
10-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Is there any chance of extra nf or f the stand jackets out there?

bdwyer19
10-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Aw, c'mon... someone MUST want TGWLTG! It's such an awesome pop-up!!

Krystal - I sent Bill a PM the other day. He's sending it my way!!:nana:

stkmw02
10-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Yay!! Glad it isn't homeless. :lol:

Randall Flagg
10-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Not to be a smart ass, but yes there are a few....all of which are on a nf or f 1st edition. It just isn't the case that a person has a "spare". Looking for (other than 'Salem's Lot) dj's for King's Doubleday works is futile.

neosatus
10-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Not to be a smart ass, but yes there are a few....all of which are on a nf or f 1st edition. It just isn't the case that a person has a "spare". Looking for (other than 'Salem's Lot) dj's for King's Doubleday works is futile.

Very true. 95% of the value is in the jackets. 1/1s without jacket or with a destroyed jacket are fairly easy to find.

biomieg
10-17-2012, 09:32 PM

What RF said. And I suppose this isn't really the place to discuss this, but - weren't you planning to sell rather than to buy stuff? I seem to remember that a couple of days ago you posted that you were thinking of selling your whole collection.

I'm only bringing this up because you wanted to buy a book from me not too long ago, telling me that you were good for it despite the bad press you'd gotten recently from other members. But after dickering for a couple of weeks and making empty payment promises you stopped communicating altogether. I would have understood a decision not to buy my book after we'd agreed upon it if you really decided to sell your collection (although a PM telling me so would have been the right thing to do). But I guess I should have known better in the first place.

Shannon
10-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Not to comment on his negotiation process (again), but only the "I'm selling things and now I'm buying things again" thing, I do that all the time. :)

biomieg
10-18-2012, 07:21 AM
I know ;) and I'm not saying people aren't allowed to change their minds (I've done so several times in the past) but please have the decency to tell the person you're dealing with: 'you know what, it's just not going to work out right now for whatever reason' instead of making promises, not coming through and then stop communicating altogether.

Thelangoleer
10-18-2012, 12:46 PM
I never said I wasn't going to buy from you - in fact I told you I was. So therefore I will. I can't be on this site 24/7 even though I would like to be. I'm dealing with putting my grandma in a care facility, and if any of you have ever had to deal with that personally you understand what I'm going through.

Randall Flagg
10-18-2012, 01:12 PM
I never said I wasn't going to buy from you - in fact I told you I was. So therefore I will. I can't be on this site 24/7 even though I would like to be. I'm dealing with putting my grandma in a care facility, and if any of you have ever had to deal with that personally you understand what I'm going through.
At the risk of sounding insensitive, if you have the time to come here and dicker with people, decide to sell, express interest in buying (Dustjacket), then pop in and seek sympathy (in a granted very sympathetic situation), then you should have the time to either cancel or follow through on commitments/intent.
You have used up most if not all of the good will that member here are willing to give.

Merlin1958
10-18-2012, 01:25 PM
At the risk of sounding insensitive, if you have the time to come here and dicker with people, decide to sell, express interest in buying (Dustjacket), then pop in and seek sympathy (in a granted very sympathetic situation), then you should have the time to either cancel or follow through on commitments/intent.
You have used up most if not all of the good will that member here are willing to give.

Very good point!!!

biomieg
10-18-2012, 11:24 PM
You're right: you never said you weren't going to buy. In fact, you never said ANYTHING AT ALL after you postponed paying for a $45 book several times. I've been waiting for weeks and it would have taken you 30 seconds max to send me a PM and say 'yes' or 'no' with a bare minimum of explanation.

I sympathize with you and what you must be going through but I'm not selling you my book anymore. Maybe it's time for you to prioritize and quit your drawn-out 'negotiations' until things have settled down in your personal life.

*edit: I like to think I'm a fairly easygoing guy, and I try to avoid getting into arguments on message boards but I will speak up if I think it's necessary. Case closed now, as far as I'm concerned.

Back on topic: I'm still looking for (near) fine copies of the PET SEMATARY 2nd state (typeset) proof and 2nd state trade 1st edition ('caretakers 1983').

stkmw02
10-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Anyone know where I could get a first edition of Legends? I was interested in one on ebay, but the listing was pulled.

Shannon
10-23-2012, 05:55 PM
I don't know anywhere in specific right this very second, but they're not rare at all.

ELazansky
10-24-2012, 02:43 AM
Anyone know where I could get a first edition of Legends? I was interested in one on ebay, but the listing was pulled.

Here's one for $11 - http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=8754757773&searchurl=bi%3Dh%26fe%3Don%26kn%3Dking%2Bsilverber g%26tn%3Dlegends

Dan
11-01-2012, 09:23 AM
I recently was able to pick up a copy of Secretary Of Dreams: Volume 2 S/L. When the book arrived, I noticed the traycase was damaged. It has bent corners and an indentation on the front. I was able to get a partial refund, but am keeping the book because it cost less than half of the cover price. Now I need a new tray case. They don't have any on the CD site. So does anyone have one that they don't want? I know it is far fetched, but surely someone has an extra.

Randall Flagg
11-01-2012, 10:44 AM
I recently was able to pick up a copy of Secretary Of Dreams: Volume 2 S/L. When the book arrived, I noticed the traycase was damaged. It has bent corners and an indentation on the front. I was able to get a partial refund, but am keeping the book because it cost less than half of the cover price. Now I need a new tray case. They don't have any on the CD site. So does anyone have one that they don't want? I know it is far fetched, but surely someone has an extra.
Have you tried sending an email or PM to Brian Freeman from CD?

Dan
11-01-2012, 10:50 AM
No, I emailed Mindy and she told me they didn't have any. I will try Brian. Thanks!

Randall Flagg
11-01-2012, 10:58 AM
If Mindy said no, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Shannon
11-01-2012, 11:14 AM
If i remember correctly, there is a sod two lettered traycase for sale on ebay right now.

AKC
11-01-2012, 11:14 AM
I just sold one but I think there is one on eBay!

Randall Flagg
11-01-2012, 11:41 AM
http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m7VZYL0787H5oeWGyydr2oA.jpg (http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING-Secretary-of-Dreams-Volume-2-signed-limited-edition-TRAYCASE-ONLY-/150933827470?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item23245b6f8e) STEPHEN KING Secretary of Dreams Volume 2 signed/limited edition TRAYCASE ONLY (http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING-Secretary-of-Dreams-Volume-2-signed-limited-edition-TRAYCASE-ONLY-/150933827470?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item23245b6f8e)

Merlin1958
11-01-2012, 12:06 PM
http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m7VZYL0787H5oeWGyydr2oA.jpg (http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING-Secretary-of-Dreams-Volume-2-signed-limited-edition-TRAYCASE-ONLY-/150933827470?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item23245b6f8e) STEPHEN KING Secretary of Dreams Volume 2 signed/limited edition TRAYCASE ONLY (http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING-Secretary-of-Dreams-Volume-2-signed-limited-edition-TRAYCASE-ONLY-/150933827470?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item23245b6f8e)

And THAT, my friends is why RF won't do 2 shows a night!!!

Hat's off to TMIDITW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-LYgyqcMps

Dan
11-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks RF!

Randall Flagg
11-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks RF!
Thank Shannon and AKC, they mentioned it, I just threw up the link.

Dan
11-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Did not win. Jumped to $61 in last few seconds.

east-tennessee
11-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Looking for High Times Mag. #65 January 1981 Stephen King Intreview....nice/fine shape.....?

Anyone have an extra copy?

Brian,,,,,,,,,

sgc1999
11-12-2012, 09:08 AM

And THAT, my friends is why RF won't do 2 shows a night!!!

Hat's off to TMIDITW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-LYgyqcMps

awesome:)

Fsmdr
11-12-2012, 06:43 PM
I remembered someone here looking for a signed IT?. Should also check with seller if this is a 1st:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Signed-It-First-Edition-/130802259468?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item1e746c160c&BackToListReferer=http%3A%2F%2Fmy.ebay.com%2Fws%2F eBayISAPI.dll%3FMyEbayBeta

Merlin1958
11-13-2012, 11:47 AM
I remembered someone here looking for a signed IT?. Should also check with seller if this is a 1st:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Signed-It-First-Edition-/130802259468?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item1e746c160c&BackToListReferer=http%3A%2F%2Fmy.ebay.com%2Fws%2F eBayISAPI.dll%3FMyEbayBeta

I know Dolso was looking for one awhile back. I think he got screwed on a forgery!!

WeDealInLead
11-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Just After Sunset with the N DVD
'Salem's Lot illustrated first printing
The Stand Holdorf first printing
UTD collectors edition
UTD slipcases from CD
F & SF w/ The Gunslinger stories

Randall Flagg
11-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Just After Sunset with the N DVD
'Salem's Lot illustrated first printing
UTD collectors edition
UTD slipcases from CD

I have those, except I believe the cases for UTD that I have are from the Collector. http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/slipcase/utd.html

WeDealInLead
11-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Could you PM me the price? I'd take all three books if the price was right. I had the slipcase from The Collector already but sold it. If I had the slipcases from CD, the shelf would have a more uniform/matching look.

Feel free to send a list of any other stuff n' junk you don't need. Thanks.

P

namelessnpoor
11-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Does anyone have the UK versions of Robin Furths The Dark Tower Concordance volumes 1, 2 and the comlpete cordance ? Just realized I do not have any of the UK versions of these. I think i can still get the complete and the newest complete revised and updated versions on amazon UK but if someone has them all as apackage deal let me know that too.
Thanks

Jimimck
11-22-2012, 09:22 PM
TMSG

Randall Flagg
11-23-2012, 11:48 AM
TMSG
You and many others. And to think when they first came out myself and other members here gave them away.

Shannon
11-23-2012, 01:15 PM
:) It's hard work, but when you FINALLY find one, you feel like you accomplished something. Promise. :)

Bad Penny
11-23-2012, 01:29 PM
I got warm and fuzzies when I scooped mine (thanks Shannon) but, that may have just been the rash (I'm using ointment, promise :onfire:)

Scoogs
11-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Does anyone have the UK versions of Robin Furths The Dark Tower Concordance volumes 1, 2 and the comlpete cordance ? Just realized I do not have any of the UK versions of these. I think i can still get the complete and the newest complete revised and updated versions on amazon UK but if someone has them all as apackage deal let me know that too.
Thanks

Was there a UK hardcover of the complete concordance, or just the first two volumes?

skyofcrack
11-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Looking for High Times Mag. #65 January 1981 Stephen King Intreview....nice/fine shape.....?

Brian,,,,,,,,,

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/skyofcrack/sk_limiteds/high_times_65.jpg

Copy available here (http://www.undergroundcollectibles.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/25643/subcatid/0/id/503841) but not in fine shape.

Cover shows wear and is detached, two spine splints taped, light edge tanning, shows moderate use. (Image shown is not of this particular copy.)

Shannon
11-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Without jinxing anything or saying too much, I might might might be coming into quite a bit of money next year. With that being said, I am serious inquiring about any of the following items that include King material. I know that a lot of these items are long gone and/or have never been discovered, but if they are out there and you can assist me in my search, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

People, Places, And Things - Volume 1
Thirty-One Of The Classics
Land Of 1,000,000 Years Ago
The Pit And The Pendulum
Dave's Rag
The Village Vomit
The Enterprise
The Star Invaders
Comics Review
The Drum
The Maine Campus/The Maine Summer Campus

biomieg
11-25-2012, 01:43 AM
You're thinking big, Shannon. I like that!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-25-2012, 01:51 AM
No-one has People, Places, And Things - Volume 1 (1960). Stephen King has the only surviving copy of the reprint, Volume 2 (1963), which has 2 less stories.

So you can strike that off your list.

Stockerlone
11-25-2012, 03:39 AM
A good friend from the German SK Forum is looking for something...
think impossible to find.

1. Angst röm. II Edition Phantasia
2. Die Augen des Drachen Portfolio röm. II Edition Phantasia

All known Edition Phantasia Stephen King books are in the German SK Forum list... but not this 2 roman numbered books.

Roseannebarr
11-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Without jinxing anything or saying too much, I might might might be coming into quite a bit of money next year. With that being said, I am serious inquiring about any of the following items that include King material. I know that a lot of these items are long gone and/or have never been discovered, but if they are out there and you can assist me in my search, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

People, Places, And Things - Volume 1
Thirty-One Of The Classics
Land Of 1,000,000 Years Ago
The Pit And The Pendulum
Dave's Rag
The Village Vomit
The Enterprise
The Star Invaders
Comics Review
The Drum
The Maine Campus/The Maine Summer Campus

I often dream of winning the lottery and when i do, i will be buying lots of SK books and i mean lots. and when i do, i am going to send everyone of my friends on DT.org free books! You all helped me in one way another get things i need so i thought i would repay the favor!! I thought i would never have a SK bobblehead but thanks to shannon i do! Olverts sold me his TNLR and it is my favorite! thanks everyone for putting me in a poor house! but at least i have sk books!

Jimimck
11-25-2012, 01:17 PM
I've often dreamed of the same shopping spree, including hooking up members here with some cool items.
I'd be talking to David for a personalised tour of Betts if I won millions....

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-25-2012, 02:19 PM
I've often dreamed of the same shopping spree, including hooking up members here with some cool items.
I'd be talking to David for a personalised tour of Betts if I won millions....

You'd be better off having a tour of Bob's collection, which is far better than anything Betts Books has.

Shannon
11-25-2012, 02:43 PM
... not to put down Betts, of course.

Thelangoleer
11-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Just putting some feelers out. I'm Looking for a S/L Regulators - seeing what the price is currently.

Randall Flagg
11-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Oh no...

Randall Flagg
11-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Just putting some feelers out. I'm Looking for a S/L Regulators - seeing what the price is currently.
MEMBERS NOTE:
CHECK THIS THREAD OUT BEGINNING WITH POST #93-BEFORE ANSWERING OR DEALING WITH THIS QUESTION/MEMBER:
"Buyers" To Avoid (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?15575-quot-Buyers-quot-To-Avoid)

Randall Flagg
11-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Member deleted post, but for posterity I have restored it.

Randall Flagg
11-26-2012, 04:23 PM

Merlin1958
11-26-2012, 04:24 PM
MEMBERS NOTE:
CHECK THIS THREAD OUT BEGINNING WITH POST #93-BEFORE ANSWERING OR DEALING WITH THIS QUESTION/MEMBER:
"Buyers" To Avoid (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?15575-quot-Buyers-quot-To-Avoid)

Oh Lighten Up. I have bought from him before with no issues!!! Give a guy a break!!! We are family, right?

Randall Flagg
11-26-2012, 04:29 PM
MEMBERS NOTE:

Oh Lighten Up. I have bought from him before with no issues!!! Give a guy a break!!! We are family, right?
No break. Sorry. I would rather piss off one member than have several go through the trials and tribulations of dealing with him.
If he wishes to redeem himself, then he wouldn't post these type of questions that are a waste of time for those truly interested in buying or selling a S/L Regulators.

divemaster
11-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Merlin, remember that it was only 6 weeks ago he was "putting out feelers" for selling off his entire collection due to some sort of financial crisis. Was that real? Is this buying interest real? Nobody knows with this guy. We all face or could face situations where we are in buying mode, or "must sell" mode. Members here who play straight up are welcomed and we try to help out with purchases as books fit our needs. This guy has a reputation (deserved, if you ask me) of stringing people along and changing stories. I'm glad you had a good experience. But Jerome is right to warn people.

Shannon
11-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Thelangoleer, what I do to get a market value of something:

I check eBay's current auctions and completed listings. I check Betts Books, I check Abebooks and Veryfinebooks. I check skcollector.com. I check the forums here to see if any have sold or been offered for sale recently.

If someone has an item listed for $800, and it sits there for months, that's probably a little more than it's worth. If people list the item over and over and over again at $600, and they sell easily enough, then I would say they priced it a little low. Just go for an average between what DOES sell and what DOESN'T sell.

Quality is important, very important. There is always the argument of PC vs. numbered. It matters WHO is selling the item, etc etc. There are a lot of factors, but this is how I personally gauge the market value of an item.

Merlin1958
11-27-2012, 06:00 AM
Merlin, remember that it was only 6 weeks ago he was "putting out feelers" for selling off his entire collection due to some sort of financial crisis. Was that real? Is this buying interest real? Nobody knows with this guy. We all face or could face situations where we are in buying mode, or "must sell" mode. Members here who play straight up are welcomed and we try to help out with purchases as books fit our needs. This guy has a reputation (deserved, if you ask me) of stringing people along and changing stories. I'm glad you had a good experience. But Jerome is right to warn people.

You have a point. Maybe he's a Yankee fan? LOL LOL

Edit: I guess I would have to bow to the majority, but "I" have no complaints. Then, I am the most easy going guy out there!!! LOL LOL LOL

bdwyer19
11-27-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm in the market for a 2nd or 3rd state US Salem's Lot. My Dolso case only has a BCE placeholder right now!

AKC
11-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Back in the market for a Roman Numbered Six Stories......

Was having dialogue with a TDT member awhile back about his roman Six Stories but didn't have the funds at the time.....

Can't remember who it was!!!!!!!

AKC

east-tennessee
11-30-2012, 10:50 PM

Brian,,,,,,,,,

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/skyofcrack/sk_limiteds/high_times_65.jpg

Copy available here (http://www.undergroundcollectibles.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/25643/subcatid/0/id/503841) but not in fine shape.

Cover shows wear and is detached, two spine splints taped, light edge tanning, shows moderate use. (Image shown is not of this particular copy.)

Thanks, I've seen this copy for sale for years, I'm looking for a better copy....

Brian......

Merlin1958
12-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Just posted a list of member books for the HF here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?6468-Collectible-Classifieds&p=739971&viewfull=1#post739971

Check them out!!! All funds got to the Haven Fund!!!

biomieg
12-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Does anyone have a (spare) copy of the Satyricon II program book (1983) they want to sell to me? I haven't seen one for sale in a long time.

Jimimck
12-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Hi team.
I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but going to try anyway:

Has anyone heard of any aftermarket cases that would fit UK Bag of Bones?

I have a flat signed edition that needs a home.

What's that Bill? Dolso you say? Why good idea. Oh, bugger, I don't quite have that kind of budget right now.... :wink:

Cheers
James

biomieg
12-10-2012, 01:35 PM
I haven't seen one. Congratulations by the way, BoB is a great novel IMO and a good book to have signed!

TwistedNadine
12-10-2012, 02:23 PM

I havent heard of one but the gentleman who makes The Twelve slipcase said that he does custom made slipcases based on measurements. His prices seem pretty reasonable, too.
His contact:
jeffrey.whiley@ntlworld.com

Merlin1958
12-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi team.
I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but going to try anyway:

I have a flat signed edition that needs a home.

What's that Bill? Dolso you say? Why good idea. Oh, bugger, I don't quite have that kind of budget right now.... :wink:

Cheers
James

Found these guys before I found Dolso. I originally purchased a SC from them for my LOTR books, but my vision was for a case that Dick ultimately made. They were a little pricey as well, but I bought a fairly fancy, 3 book case. They were great to deal with and may be worth a shot. Good luck

http://www.tbclrarebooks.com/

sgc1999
12-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi,
does anybody have an eyes of the dragon UK 1st edition in vg++ or better condition they could sell me?

biomieg
12-11-2012, 12:29 PM
I sent my almost as new copy to Bill for the Haven Fundraiser...

Jimimck
12-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the custom made slipcase links peoples!

Merlin1958
12-12-2012, 08:51 AM
I sent my almost as new copy to Bill for the Haven Fundraiser...

Which was promptly sold to a fellow member. Proceeds to the HF!!!

sgc1999
12-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Im looking for a copy of Stories - Neil Gaiman & Al Sarrantonio s/l

Randall Flagg
12-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Need an ARC of NOS4A2. Either version, whichever is cheaper. For a friend.

AKC
12-31-2012, 01:32 PM
I think a Lettered Regulators is back on my list......

What's a good price? $3,000?

Randall Flagg
12-31-2012, 01:35 PM

That is a very good buying price-perhaps impossible.
Expect to pay closer to $5K than $3k.

WeDealInLead
12-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Looking for the UK gift edition of 11.22.63 with the DJ. Also UK gift/facsimile of TWTTK with the DJ if possible. Thanks.

AKC
12-31-2012, 03:57 PM

No longer looking for one!!!!

A TDT Member had "extras".......

How is that possible?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Merlin1958
12-31-2012, 04:00 PM

No longer looking for one!!!! A TDT Member reached out to me! Coming soon to the New Pride and Joy Thread!!!!! He had "extras".......

How is that possible?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Congrats, Tim!!!

And a Happy New year to you and yours as well!!!

carlosdetweiller
12-31-2012, 05:16 PM

How is that possible?

Obviously he has more money than sense.

Merlin1958
12-31-2012, 05:28 PM

How is that possible?

Obviously he has more money than sense.

Wow, cold, Bob, Very cold!!! LOL

carlosdetweiller
12-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Well, I know the guy pretty well.

Merlin1958
12-31-2012, 05:42 PM
Well, I know the guy pretty well.

Of course. I was just being "witty"? LOL A joke was all. Happy New Year, Bob!!!

Do you like "Faithful"???

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?16954-Save-the-Faithful-book-or-not-thread!!!!&p=744966#post744966

Shannon
12-31-2012, 10:17 PM
I posted my BIG wants earlier ... let's see if I can come up with some little wants ... All SK-related, please ...

- Collections (25+) of non-English foreign books
- Numbered non-English foreign books
- Paperback gift sets in the cardboard slipcases still in plastic
- Large print books
- Turtleback/Perma-Bound, etc. books
- King nonfiction first appearances (especially in newspapers like Washington Post Book Review or Bangor Daily News)

east-tennessee
12-31-2012, 10:55 PM
Looking for the Green Mile - S/L-1/148......

Brian.

Niels
01-01-2013, 03:00 AM
Shannon, how many Dutch books do you want? Every title 1:biggrin:?

Stockerlone
01-01-2013, 03:47 AM
Shannon, how many Dutch books do you want? Every title 1:biggrin:?

.... and of cause all German books:excited:

Niels
01-01-2013, 04:06 AM
(Already put them in boxes........ just waiting for Shannon to respond :smile_002:)

Cook
01-01-2013, 05:49 AM

Brian.

Ebay currently has 1 listed

Shannon
01-01-2013, 10:42 AM
I only have two Dutch books:

'Salem's Lot / Bezeten Stad (the one with the weird cover)
Under The Dome / Gevangen (numbered)

German books I have about twenty, but if you're looking to sell some, I can send you my list. :) Thanks!

east-tennessee
01-01-2013, 08:21 PM

Brian.

Ebay currently has 1 listed

Thanks,,,but..priced too steep :(

namelessnpoor
01-03-2013, 05:01 AM
Looking for one of the tan/cream/light yellow colored slipcases that were sold with the UK edition of 11/22/63. These came from CD. If you have an extra or just are willing to sell yours let me know. I have 2 copiesof the book, one of each variant dust jacket and only have a case for one of them, wanted them to match on my shelf.
Thanks

sgc1999
01-03-2013, 07:39 AM
I have a freind who is looking for the limited to 600 centipede press Saloms lot if anybody has one to sell.
Thanks

cit74
01-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Thanks Simon - he was referring to me (I think) - took me a little to find my way in the various forums - so if anyone has one of the limited Salems lot from centipede I am looking for one.
Thanks

killbourne
01-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Looking for the following-not in a hurry, looking for a reasonable price..and I hope that no one takes offense if we differ.
1) s/l wolves of the calla
2) s/l christine
3) skeleton crew-s/l
4) the eyes of the dragon-s/l
Or if you have any signed trades of his earlier work. Thank you, or "thank" as my little girl would say.

Ricky
01-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Still looking for the followings firsts in Fine condition:

Different Seasons
The Green Mile (paperback set)
Danse Macabre
The Bachman Books
Skeleton Crew

If anybody is selling any of these (or knows anyone who is) please let me know.

Merlin1958
01-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Still looking for the followings firsts in Fine condition:

Different Seasons
Danse Macabre
The Bachman Books
Skeleton Crew

If anybody is selling any of these (or knows anyone who is) please let me know.

Check the recent posts in the Classifieds thread. I think you'll find what you seek!!

biomieg
01-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Anyone have spare copies of Playboy November, 2009 and March, 2010 (containing 'The Bone Church' and 'Tommy')? I purchased these from eBay seller the_bricabrac_man back in November but never received them... and I'm tired of waiting!

George at C-Springs
01-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Looking for a single digit Insomnia S/L!

Randall Flagg
01-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Sorry, I have 9, but none are for sale. JK. That's a great goal and the book shouldn't break the bank.

Roseannebarr
01-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Sorry, I have 9, but none are for sale. JK. That's a great goal and the book shouldn't break the bank.

Hee Hee Hee. I see what you did there. I was thinking 9 is an awful lot!

George at C-Springs
01-11-2013, 03:18 PM
You crack me up RF.

I've got a single digit EOTD and Desperation, just trying to add to the collection. Interested in any single digit U.S. King S/L (not the anthologies, just primary King editions)

sgc1999
01-11-2013, 03:59 PM
I have a single digit firestarter and Saloms lot for the right price:)

George at C-Springs
01-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Well, dammit ... will my first born cover it, or do you want them both?

sgc1999
01-11-2013, 07:37 PM
lol:)

thegunslinger41
01-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Ok...there isnt a Dean Koontz (other authors you read thread so....) Will pay $150 for Dean Koontz Dark Rivers of the Heart S/L.

Gabriel

namelessnpoor
01-15-2013, 10:48 AM
I have a little sub-collection going (well trying to anyway)....so does anyone have any loose S/L pages from King books that have his signature on them? I have managed to get one from Six Stories and I have one from The Stand S/L.
For some rason I think they are interesting items to have. If you have something like that and your interested in selling it let me know !

sgc1999
01-15-2013, 12:17 PM
the man who runs gauntlet press has a bunch of signed pages left from the he is legend books. signed by King, Hill, and some by Matheson as well.

Randall Flagg
01-15-2013, 12:18 PM
I have a little sub-collection going (well trying to anyway)....so does anyone have any loose S/L pages from King books that have his signature on them? I have managed to get one from Six Stories and I have one from The Stand S/L.
For some rason I think they are interesting items to have. If you have something like that and your interested in selling it let me know !
I have a sig page from He Is Legend. King's signature (maybe Joe Hill also) is on it.

namelessnpoor
01-15-2013, 02:45 PM
I have a sig page from He Is Legend. King's signature (maybe Joe Hill also) is on it.

Is it for sale? Shoot me a PM if it is with how much you want.

tippy4
01-21-2013, 12:41 PM
I am looking for a VERY FINE condition UK UTD S/L, or a VERY FINE condition US 11/22/63 S/L.

Looking to trade a S/L of SoD V2 for either.

Email me if you are interested.

Thanks!

TwistedNadine
01-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Email sent

I am looking for a VERY FINE condition UK UTD S/L, or a VERY FINE condition US 11/22/63 S/L.

Looking to trade a S/L of SoD V2 for either.

Email me if you are interested.

Thanks!

WeDealInLead
01-22-2013, 08:57 AM
The Stand with the b/w "Holdorf" cover.
UK DT paperbacks for TDOTT and The Waste Lands. First editions only.
Any doubles of first short story appearances you might have.

AKC
01-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Something to put my Plant Volumes in!!!

:frown1::frown1::frown1::frown1:

Randall Flagg
01-26-2013, 03:12 PM

Ask Mr. Rabbitt Trick

killbourne
01-26-2013, 03:45 PM
looking for a signed Carrie.

sgc1999
01-26-2013, 04:01 PM

Betts has one:)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-27-2013, 01:38 AM

Ask Mr. Rabbitt Trick

I don't think you will be able to get the official Michael Alpert traycase, but you could go for a cheap slipcase...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/563/medium/plant_slip.jpg

Room 217 Caretaker
01-27-2013, 05:11 AM
Very nice RT.

killbourne
01-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Looking for a s/l Salem's lot or a regular signed trade..doesnt matter what edition, same goes for Carrie.

sgc1999
01-27-2013, 06:00 PM
whats the going rate for a fine/fine salems lot s/l?

Solar
01-28-2013, 06:27 AM

I haven't been watching them lately, but when I was after one two years ago, most ebay sellers were asking around 1500BIN/Best Offer. I think one no reserve auction ended around 950. I'd assume they might be a little higher now.

AKC
01-28-2013, 07:15 AM

I haven't been watching them lately, but when I was after one two years ago, most ebay sellers were asking around 1500BIN/Best Offer. I think one no reserve auction ended around 950. I'd assume they might be a little higher now.

$900 - $1,000......

sgc1999
01-28-2013, 07:41 AM
that's a steal if someone can grab one under $1000!!!
I paid $1200 for mine but its mint!! and its a low number...if that matters. It does to me :biggrin1:

sublimicals
01-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Hello Everyone

I have listed currently the Signed Limited Edition of IT # 567 of 750 on ebay.
I am willing to sell it to someone here I would just need to cancel the listing.
Have a look guys. I am willing to negotiate

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181069756661?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

AKC
01-28-2013, 09:35 AM
I bought one ('Salem's S/L) on eBay about 2 years ago for $787.00......I am sure it has appreciated a bit since then but who knows to what degree......

Not sure what my number was since I've sold a couple since then.....

Getting older, memory not as sharp as it once was....

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Betts Bookstore sales of Salem's Lot S/L

#42 - $999
#86 - $890
#108 - $1000
#119 - $999
#130 - $1199
#155 - $950

The Library Policeman
01-28-2013, 12:48 PM
I bought #130.

Probably the best feeling I've had as a collector when it arrived as I waited so long for a copy.

AKC
01-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Betts Bookstore sales of Salem's Lot S/L

#42 - $999
#86 - $890
#108 - $1000
#119 - $999
#130 - $1199
#155 - $950

Ok, around $1000 on average.....

sgc1999
01-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know if there is any way at all that Bernie Wrightson still does remarques or if he would?
He is a very illusive man :confused:

Ben Mears
01-28-2013, 02:31 PM
I bought #130.

Probably the best feeling I've had as a collector when it arrived as I waited so long for a copy.

It's a beautiful book; understated design along with high quality materials and craftmanship. Not a bad little story either!

Ricky
01-28-2013, 02:46 PM
If anyone is selling (or knows anyone who is) a fine 1st Signet copy of The Running Man, please let me know. Thanks.

Scoogs
01-28-2013, 05:11 PM
Does anyone know if there is any way at all that Bernie Wrightson still does remarques or if he would?
He is a very illusive man :confused:

Sometime around the publishing of WOTC he had an address on his website where you could send books for him to sign. I sent a 1st/1st trade of Wolves with return postage and a letter asking about hiring him for a remarque. Included my business card, full contact info, etc. 2 or 3 years later when I moved, I still hadn't even gotten the signed book back and never had a response about the remarque request.
My family have also moved out of that house a few years ago, so that book is a complete loss.

If you have any better luck than I did, let me know. I'd still like to get a remarque from him.

Scoogs
01-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Looking for a copy of the original Dark Tower Concordance S/L from Cemetery Dance.
I'm also interested in a 1st/1st trade hardcover of WOTC signed by Bernie Wrightson, I missed the one that Bett's had.

ELazansky
01-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Looking for a copy of the original Dark Tower Concordance S/L from Cemetery Dance.

PM sent

AKC
01-29-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm also interested in a 1st/1st trade hardcover of WOTC signed by Bernie Wrightson, I missed the one that Betts had.

I've got an extra with a DT Slipcase from the Collector...PM if you still need one!

killbourne
01-30-2013, 08:52 PM

Betts has one:)

I may ask about that one, but a little hesitant considering the state of the dustjacket. Plus, I always like to ask the people here first anyway.

George at C-Springs
02-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Looking for The Stand Portfolio #729!

Also (bump):

A single digit S/L Insomnia
Any single digit King S/L (except Desperation and EOTD, already have those)
Any King S/L #186
Any King S/L #414

RC65
02-01-2013, 11:02 PM
My need is pretty modest. I just need a HC 1st, Fine/Fine, of FIRESTARTER, and since my firsts of PET SEMATARY and CHRISTINE are UK 1sts, I suppose I should continue that trend.

Kingfan24
02-02-2013, 09:21 AM
anyone have any of the more common 1/1s for sale? im looking for stuff like cujo, firestarter, pet cemetery, etc. just let me know!

sgc1999
02-02-2013, 03:49 PM
anyone have any of the more common 1/1s for sale? im looking for stuff like cujo, firestarter, pet cemetery, etc. just let me know!

Hi,
what condition are you looking for? I have some 1st ed early books in near fine condition I could sell you if your interested.
also im always up for a trade if you would rather trade something for them that's fine as well.

RC65
02-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Looking for a FIRESTARTER 1st HC, UK or US, in Fine/Fine condition...though NF/NF would be okay, if both truly NF. Also looking for Gift Editions of FULL DARK, NO STARS and/or ???? (INSOMNIA? DESPERATION? Or ??). Don't have any Kings to trade, but have these to trade in any combination. All are Fine/Fine, or minimally NF/NF:

WORLDS ENOUGH AND TIME, Dan Simmons, trade HC

SEAL TEAM SIX, Weston Ochse, ARC tpb

MULTIPLEX FANDANGO, Weston Ochse, S/L HC

BLACK WINGS HAS MY ANGEL, tpb reprint

CATACOMBS, John Farris, Centipede Press HC (note: significant binding errors in rear of book that wipes out the last few pages of the novel and most of the afterword).

BY WIZARD OAK, Peter Crowther, Earthling Pub. S/L HC

OCTOBER DARK, David Herter, Earthling Pub. S/L HC w/ manuscript page

Edward Bryant, AMONG THE DEAD, signed/inscribed (“For Lou”), 1st trade HC

MY ROSE & MY GLOVE, Harvey Jacobs, Midnight House HC, #39/500

Some Kent Harrington HC 1sts published by Dennis McMillan, some signed

NECROPOLIS, Tim Waggoner, 1st HC, Five Star, signed

FAR LANDS, OTHER DAYS, E. Hoffman Price, Carcosa Press HC...very cool (and huge!) collection of old pulp tales by Karl Edward Wagner’s Press, great dj art

URN AND WILLOW, Scott Thomas, tpb

THE MAD & THE MACABRE, Jeff Strand and Michael McBride, signed.

EXPLORER
02-02-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm also interested in a 1st/1st trade hardcover of WOTC signed by Bernie Wrightson, I missed the one that Bett's had.

When I purchased an extra WOTC Artist Copy recently I glanced at my bookshelves and did not spot any WOTC trade to compare...
Could not figure why until and wondered WTH .....after a mild panic ..it took me a couple hours before I realized for some stupid reason they were in a cabinet in another room.
I have , two WOTC signed by Bernie Wrightson, two WOTC signed by Stephen King and a HB Advanced reader with Letter as well as unsigned 1st/1st.
so...

I would consider selling or trading a 1st/1st trade hardcover of WOTC signed by Bernie Wrightson
How much was Betts getting for it?

AKC
02-02-2013, 04:43 PM
$25.00-$30.00.....

creepshow kid
02-02-2013, 06:47 PM
i am trying to track down a few creepshow related gems to complete my collection! if you have creepshow items you are looking to get rid of p.m. me!

herbertwest
02-03-2013, 03:27 AM
Can you please be a bit more specific?

Randall Flagg
02-03-2013, 05:35 AM
i am trying to track down a few creepshow related gems to complete my collection! if you have creepshow items you are looking to get rid of p.m. me!
Welcome to the site. I merged your thread into out King Books/Items Wanted thread.

Tito_Villa
02-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Looking for a IT gift edition, going to downgrade and sell my S/L i think

tippy4
02-03-2013, 03:29 PM

Too bad you did not post this yesterday. CD had a 40% off sale that ended last night.

Ari_Racing
02-03-2013, 03:31 PM
The gift edition has been sold out for months now.

Jimimck
02-03-2013, 06:34 PM

I've got a gift edition to swap for your S/L :evil:

tippy4
02-03-2013, 08:18 PM

Well waddya know....you're right.

I don't recall this announcement.

That being said, CD has had several 50% off sales in the last few months....and you were able to get a GE of IT during these sales (I know because I purchased a couple).

east-tennessee
02-03-2013, 09:33 PM

I thnik I might grab few of Grants WTTKH gift ed. before there gone ( beautifull book and case ) ...

thegunslinger41
02-05-2013, 06:19 AM
Ok...Looking for the following:

Gunslinger (DT1)

Viking "revised" Proof/ARC
Grant Proof/ARC (probably can't afford)

THE STAND S/L (Any Number)

-Gabriel

namelessnpoor
02-05-2013, 06:28 AM

Gunslinger (DT1)

-Gabriel

There is a Stand s/l on ebay currently at $1050
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Wrightson-signed-limited-edition-of-THE-STAND-in-coffin-box-/200890159142?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item2ec5fc9026

thegunslinger41
02-05-2013, 06:43 AM
cool! Will keep my eyes on it. Thanks bud for the heads up. :)

G

jhanic
02-05-2013, 09:04 AM

Gunslinger (DT1)

-Gabriel

Gabriel, there was never a Grant proof of The Gunslinger. There were a small number of F&Gs (Folded and Gathered) done.

John

thegunslinger41
02-05-2013, 10:05 AM

Gunslinger (DT1)

-Gabriel

Gabriel, there was never a Grant proof of The Gunslinger. There were a small number of F&Gs (Folded and Gathered) done.

John

Ahhh..ok, cool. Then I just need the VIKING proof! Anyone want to part with theirs??

:)

biomieg
02-05-2013, 10:16 AM
There are only a handful Viking Gunslinger proofs (literally) and I would be surprised if any of the owners I know would part with theirs... but who knows?

You sure picked out one of the hardest books to get a proof of!!

Jimimck
02-05-2013, 11:37 AM

Gunslinger (DT1)

-Gabriel

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Wrightson-signed-limited-edition-of-THE-STAND-in-coffin-box-/200890159142?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item2ec5fc9026

That's one hot King collector.

Robert Fulman
02-05-2013, 12:16 PM
bookmint (the seller) is George Beahm. I think the model is his daughter, but might be his wife.

Randall Flagg
02-05-2013, 12:44 PM
The box could be repaired, but at $1,050 I would look for a mint copy and not screw with it.

Roseannebarr
02-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Books paid for and waiting:

S/L Shining Gift Edition Shining
Screamplay
Ghost of Darkland County
S/L Dr. Sleep Gift Edition Dr. Sleep

Reserved - Not paid
Gift Edition 30th Anniversary Cujo
Gift Edition 30th Anniversary Firestarter

Thats alot of money for 35 days after xmas!

Clacke
02-05-2013, 03:14 PM

Gunslinger (DT1)

-Gabriel

That's one hot King collector.

I love the Q & A further down the page. :smile:

Q: Hi, does the girl come with the book as well? I'm only asking as that would greatly increase the value:)

A: You can ask Laura's husband, who is 6 feet, 3 inches, and is a former Marine, teaches firearm safety and owns several handguns and a rifle, and currently teaches self-defense, with and without weapons, for a military contractor. Or not.

Ricky
02-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Danse Macabre
The Bachman Books
Skeleton Crew
The Running Man (US first)

Still looking for these in fine condition (with no success).