PDA

View Full Version : The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Randall Flagg
12-23-2011, 12:10 PM
1. I think we should stick with Grant for consistency and because Grant produces the first editions of these books.

2. Those thumbnails are links to the actual book discussion subforums, aren't they? (It's been a while since I clicked on them.) If so, would a LSOE thumbnail link the same subforum as DTI?
The images actually link to the Catalog entry for the specific title. Just beneath the thumbnails there is a link that says "Book Discussion". That links to the Baronies where each book has a discussion thread.

Room 217 Caretaker
12-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Despite the fact Scribner's cover is oodles better, the Grant is the first edition so that's the cover that should be used.

Wasn't 5,6, & 7 Artist Editions the true first as well? If so, shouldn't they be the covers representing the story?

Mulleins

Randall Flagg
12-23-2011, 12:11 PM
The original thought was to display the first Trade edition of each title.

Patrick
12-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Jerome.

I'd like to see the DMG S/L covers (first volume for the two-volume books) depicted, but that's just me. Never thought about the AE's vs. the Trades, Ralph. I'm fine with any DMG cover as long there is some sort of logic to it.

I hope others chime in with their thoughts as well.

mae
12-23-2011, 12:33 PM
The AE editions were the first.

Randall Flagg
12-23-2011, 12:35 PM
The AE editions were the first.
But they were not the first Trade edition.

Merlin1958
12-23-2011, 05:52 PM
You should probably remain consistent and go with the Grant covers. As far as LSOE goes, to me once it was married by Grant to "The Gunslinger" that made it officially a DT story in my book.

Totally out of the blue, but this just got me thinking about Talisman and BH. In Talisman Jack flips to the "Territories", but in BH he flips to Roland's world. I gotta go find me a thread...........................LOL

TCCBodhi
12-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Yay! After an exhausting 10 hour drive due to snow and accidents that blocked the highway from Dallas to Alamogordo, I'm tucked into the hotel. Signed in to the computer to see that Karen (or her minion) sent me my order confirmation for the AE. Sadly, I don't have <800 of TLOE, so I'll have to get my postcard in for the lottery, that'll be the only way I can get it. I can barely afford directly from Grant, let alone after-market. Maybe someday I can get myself a consistently numbered full series, but I've had a lot of fun, excitement & misery in working my way up from the trade edition of DT 2 - 4, Money enough to preorder the AE for DT5 & 6, and FINALLY getting called in the 6th lottery (starting with DT2 at age 15 or so) I'd entered on DT7 for copy #1487 or so, lucked out again for LSOE and got up to copy #100x. We'll see if I get 3rd time lucky this time around.

Shelving this, I'll likely put it AFTER the original seven. Next time I reread the series though, I'll take my cue from SK initial announcement and I'll probably read it in between 4 & 5........the next time I begin my trip through the desert with Roland.

Roog
12-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Is there an artwork difference between the Deluxe Edition and the Artist Edition?

Randall Flagg
12-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Is there an artwork difference between the Deluxe Edition and the Artist Edition?
No.

NeedfulKings
12-29-2011, 08:43 PM
This may have been asked, but will the Grant Artist Edition be similar in size to the seven main editions or oversized like LSOE? I'm hoping for the former.

Thankee

herbertwest
12-30-2011, 05:00 AM
Who will be the first to get a proof?

Randall Flagg
12-30-2011, 07:26 AM
This may have been asked, but will the Grant Artist Edition be similar in size to the seven main editions or oversized like LSOE? I'm hoping for the former.

Thankee
It's my understanding it will be similar in size to the first 7 DT books.

carlosdetweiller
12-30-2011, 07:35 AM
Who will be the first to get a proof?

I'm betting on jhanic. If not then it will be pasiuk57.

jhanic
12-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Or carlos!

John

LostAlivE
12-30-2011, 09:18 AM
I love all of the covers of Grants AE editions they look far better than any of the trade edition's covers. Butthis time around the trade of TWTTK has the AE edition of Grants beat. Grants AE edition looks like something Marvel came up with for them.

frik
12-30-2011, 09:26 AM
I love all of the covers of Grants AE editions they look far better than any of the trade edition's covers.

I'm pretty sure you're referring to the US trade editions.
But have a look at this Swedish cover: my favorite by far, easily beating any of the Grant editions.

sk

http://s.cdon.com/media-dynamic/images/product/00/09/36/28/22/3/king-stephen-det-morka-tornet.jpg

herbertwest
12-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Of course, Bev is out of the line, because i bet that he did already read a manuscript and will get a proof before anyone else.

I love all of the covers of Grants AE editions they look far better than any of the trade edition's covers.

But have a look at this Swedish cover: my favorite by far, easily beating any of the Grant editions.

sk

http://s.cdon.com/media-dynamic/images/product/00/09/36/28/22/3/king-stephen-det-morka-tornet.jpg

Brilliant! Who is the artist?

frik
12-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Brilliant! Who is the artist?

Steve Stone. He's an amazing artist! Wish he would do the Wind Through the Keyhole cover!

http://www.stevestoneartworx.com/galleries/index.html

sk

biomieg
12-30-2011, 01:16 PM
He's also responsible for the artwork of the 2003 Viking reissues of DTI-IV. An amazing artist indeed.

Jimimck
12-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Oh he did that awesome cover for The Waste Lands. Yeah he should have done the new one for Grant!

neosatus
12-30-2011, 04:20 PM

sk

Wow, that's awesome. I'll have to try to get one of those.

Merlin1958
12-30-2011, 04:25 PM

sk

Wow, that's awesome. I'll have to try to get one of those.

You're right, Then again "Eeeeeeeeee, and sneetch's" kinda take the shine off, no?

Roog
12-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Very nice artwork indeed!
Got myself the DT 5-6-7 hardcovers from Sweden. Pretty expensive but very nice :)
http://www.roog.nu/stephenking/k12.jpg

NeedfulKings
12-30-2011, 10:41 PM

Thankee
It's my understanding it will be similar in size to the first 7 DT books.

Thankee sai

Ari_Racing
12-31-2011, 08:32 PM
I gotta get those swedish copies. Those look so great!

super sam
01-01-2012, 02:00 PM
If someone want a copy of the Swedish ed., just send me a PM and i will try to help you get one.

neosatus
01-01-2012, 06:13 PM
If someone want a copy of the Swedish ed., just send me a PM and i will try to help you get one.

I looked up the images of 5 and 6, and I would love all 3. I'll be contacting you for sure! Edit: Your mailbox is full Sam.

http://s.cdon.com/media-dynamic/images/product/00/04/06/02/87/3/king-stephen-vargarna-i-calla-det-morka-tornet-5.jpghttp://s.cdon.com/media-dynamic/images/product/00/07/64/06/67/3/king-stephen-sangen-om-susannah.jpg

super sam
01-02-2012, 01:19 AM

I looked up the images of 5 and 6, and I would love all 3. I'll be contacting you for sure! Edit: Your mailbox is full Sam.

Sorry. Mailbox is fixed now.

frik
01-02-2012, 01:20 AM
This is where I got my Swedish DT V, VI and VII. World-wide shipping available.
It seems the only hc edition available is DT VII. The others come as paperbacks.

http://www.sfbok.se/asp/sokresultat.asp

sk

Cloysterpete
01-02-2012, 01:35 AM
What's Doctor Doom doing on the cover of Wolves of the Calla?

-edit-
...and with a lightsaber also!

Storyslinger
01-02-2012, 02:31 AM

-edit-

Really?

Rahfa
01-02-2012, 07:32 AM

-edit-

+1

Cloysterpete
01-03-2012, 12:47 AM

-edit-

Really?

Yeah he's bad ass enough for a Dark Tower cover now lol

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb93/cloysterpeteuk/8f3d53f4.jpg

Seriously though they must not have many Marvel readers in Sweden as there's no way Marvel would let them out a cover like that in the States.

jhanic
01-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Ms Mod on the SKMB:

Scribner has confirmed my recollection that there will not be any illustrations in their edition.

John

wizardsrainbow
01-04-2012, 01:23 PM
NEWS BULLETIN FROM BETTS BOOKS (that's me folks, lol)

The buzz about this new book has lifted the price of a complete same-number set. I just sold a complete same-number DT set (#61) + #61 Desperation for $12,500!

divemaster
01-04-2012, 01:24 PM

The buzz about this new book has lifted the price of a complete same-number set. I just sold a complete same-number DT set (#61) + #61 Desperation for $12,500!

So do you think buckly1investor will ever get his $20,000? LOL

jhanic
01-04-2012, 01:25 PM

Congratulations, David.

John

wizardsrainbow
01-04-2012, 01:30 PM

So do you think buckly1investor will ever get his $20,000? LOL

As you as wrote...LOL I think you know the answer...not a chance unless something really unusual happens to the economy or (God forbid, King).

And this was not a newbie collector...the guy has a Lettered Gunslinger and a complete same-number set II-VII.

PlayPhish
01-04-2012, 03:43 PM
I would classify The wind Through the Keyhole as more of a comic story arc than DT 4.5.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I would classify The wind Through the Keyhole as more of a comic story arc than DT 4.5.

So would I.

Randall Flagg
01-04-2012, 04:56 PM

So would I.
Yes, but we (collectors) are stuck with it.

Cook
01-05-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm not sure I understand the comic story comment?
Is this comment based on the actual story ??

So would I.
Yes, but we (collectors) are stuck with it.

Brian James Freeman
01-05-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm not sure I understand the comic story comment?
Is this comment based on the actual story ??

I was a little confused by those posts, too, to be honest. I felt like the book fit right into place as The Dark Tower 4.5 in terms of the story, how it was written, etc. Could you guys elaborate a bit on what you mean? Maybe I'm just missing something -- it wouldn't be the first time! ;) Thanks!

Brian

Ari_Racing
01-05-2012, 09:23 AM
???

It's a story, not a comic. I really don't understand why people thinks of it as a comic.

herbertwest
01-05-2012, 09:52 AM
There will be no UK proof for THE WIND..

Dunno about the USA though.

WeDealInLead
01-05-2012, 09:58 AM
???

It's a story, not a comic. I really don't understand why people thinks of it as a comic.

because of the artwork perhaps.

mistercrowley
01-05-2012, 10:00 AM
King called it Dark Tower 4.5 so that's what I consider it.

Randall Flagg
01-05-2012, 11:46 AM
PlayPhish said "comic story arc". I have the feeling he has read the story-and thus is qualified to render an opinion.

Bev Vincent
01-05-2012, 12:09 PM
I don't agree with the comic book description, either -- and I've read it, too. It's no more of a comic story arc than the flashback of W&G is, in my opinion.

Brian James Freeman
01-05-2012, 12:13 PM
I don't agree with the comic book description, either -- and I've read it, too. It's no more of a comic story arc than the flashback of W&G is, in my opinion.

I agree with Bev's assessment. That's exactly how I felt, too.

Brian

Ari_Racing
01-05-2012, 12:14 PM
I agree with Bev and Brian as well.

CRinVA
01-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Well, I'd be glad to read it and give my assessment if only I had the opportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nerak
01-05-2012, 12:38 PM
It's being referred to a as a "comic" because of the art.

The art is amazing! Wait til you see the rest of it. And, yes, if you wanna see the Jae Lee art, you have to purchase the Grant edition, cause Scribner is not including anything....

mistercrowley
01-05-2012, 12:43 PM
If I buy a artist edition when does my card get charged?

mae
01-05-2012, 12:48 PM
I still haven't received my AE confirmation apart from an email that a confirmation is forthcoming. And I placed the order as soon as it was possible.

mistercrowley
01-05-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm holding off just because I'm not sure when exactly its shipping and when my card would be charged in relation to that.

Randall Flagg
01-05-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm holding off just because I'm not sure when exactly its shipping and when my card would be charged in relation to that.
I wouldn't fret too much. They are not going to sell out of the AE anytime soon. Plus I don't think Jae Lee will do full page remarques in "a few".:angry_002:

Robert Fulman
01-05-2012, 12:56 PM
I did receive a confirmation email ("Re: WWW Form Submission"). The email says the following:

If you have chosen the ³lump sum² payment or have placed a pre-order under $300, your card will be charged just prior to shipping in February 2012.

I would like to say how jealous I am of those who have read it already. I'll gladly take a day off to drive up to New Hampshire if you need another proof reader.

mistercrowley
01-05-2012, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't fret too much. They are not going to sell out of the AE anytime soon. Plus I don't think Jae Lee will do full page remarques in "a few".:angry_002:

That does make me a little sad that there's no chance of coming across a neat remarque

Randall Flagg
01-05-2012, 01:02 PM

That does make me a little sad that there's no chance of coming across a neat remarque
There is the same chance as coming across a LSOE that was remarqued-slim and none.

jhanic
01-05-2012, 01:07 PM
I also agree. It's anything but a comic ARC.

John

Nerak
01-05-2012, 01:24 PM
They are going to be charged sometime in February.

Can't tell ya when exactly. Sorry. It's in the works! We are waiting now. Printers and such....tick tick tick....just waiting....I HATE waiting!

But the art is cool!!!! I have three fav colors and two B&W snicker snicker

And, we don't need another proof reader. The book has already been printed! LOL But thanks for the offer

biomieg
01-05-2012, 01:34 PM
This implies that you don't need the proofs for the book anymore. I'd be happy to take one off your hands!

Ricky
01-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Oh, but it would be much cheaper to ship to Maryland. ;)

jemaher
01-05-2012, 02:06 PM

There is the same chance as coming across a LSOE that was remarqued-slim and none.

i bought 20 AE of LSOE but alas, no remarques.....

Cook
01-05-2012, 02:41 PM
I'll fly to your place & drive up with you if they need "2" more proof readers !!!!

I did receive a confirmation email ("Re: WWW Form Submission"). The email says the following:

If you have chosen the ³lump sum² payment or have placed a pre-order under $300, your card will be charged just prior to shipping in February 2012.

I would like to say how jealous I am of those who have read it already. I'll gladly take a day off to drive up to New Hampshire if you need another proof reader.

Cook
01-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I'll second that one too !!

This implies that you don't need the proofs for the book anymore. I'd be happy to take one off your hands!

biomieg
01-05-2012, 02:56 PM

Oh, but I never asked Karen to send me one for free - I'll gladly pay for the proof and the shipping!

PlayPhish
01-05-2012, 03:22 PM
PlayPhish said "comic story arc". I have the feeling he has read the story-and thus is qualified to render an opinion.

Thoroughly enjoyed the book; finished in an evening. I just feel that the Dark Tower series is done. Backstory should be relegated to the comics now.

There is one element in the book I disliked greatly but will refrain from mentioning it until the book is published. It may be that I'm reading too much into it.

I haven't seen any artwork but am pretty excited as I like Lee's comic work.

mistercrowley
01-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Yeah but can the series really be done if King says otherwise? As for the backstory...the comics followed the storyline from after Wizard and Glass so really it all comes back to the Dark Tower novels anyway you look at it.

PlayPhish
01-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah but can the series really be done if King says otherwise?

In my mind, YES! :)
It finished with DT VII.

Robert Fulman
01-05-2012, 03:43 PM

Oh, but I never asked Karen to send me one for free - I'll gladly pay for the proof and the shipping!

I offered to drive up to New Hampshire. I wouldn't even expect to keep it; I would just read it and then go home.

herbertwest
01-05-2012, 03:45 PM
So apparently Bev, Brian & Ari all of them have proof copies. US one i guess?

mistercrowley
01-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Yeah but can the series really be done if King says otherwise?

In my mind, YES! :)
It finished with DT VII.

As someone who was EXTREMELY disappointed with the ending I'm glad he's still keeping it going. That confrontation with Roland and The Crimson King was horrid.

PlayPhish
01-05-2012, 03:55 PM
That confrontation with Roland and The Crimson King was horrid.

AGREED!!!

Ricky
01-05-2012, 04:11 PM
At least we know that when faced with despicable evil, all you need is an eraser.

Lilja
01-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Hodder & Stoughton confirmed today that their edition of Wind Through the Keyhole will have the black and white illustrations.

Lilja

jhanic
01-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the info, Lilja!

John

Bev Vincent
01-06-2012, 03:04 AM

Scribner hasn't issued proofs yet.

herbertwest
01-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Scribner hasn't issued proofs yet.

Ok my bad, you had the manuscript then ;-)
But, will they issue any proofs? The publication date is getting close now..

mae
01-06-2012, 01:21 PM
I still haven't received my AE confirmation apart from an email that a confirmation is forthcoming. And I placed the order as soon as it was possible.

Should I contact Grant?

jhanic
01-11-2012, 06:48 AM
Welcome to issue #76 of the Donald M. Grant Newsletter

11 January 2012

We hope you all had a good Holiday Season and a Happy New
Year. May 2012 be better for all of us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE DARK TOWER: THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE
1. WEB ORDER PAGE
2. TRADE EDITION SLIPCASE
3. PRINTED FLYER
4. ORDER CONFIRMATION
5. LITTLE SISTERS - MATCH YOUR NUMBER

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DARK TOWER: THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE

1. WEB ORDER PAGE

We have added another of Jae Lee’s color illustrations to the web page.

Since we began accepting advance orders on December 19 we have received over
3,000 orders. We are accepting advance orders for both the Deluxe and Artist
Editions of THE DARK TOWER: THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE at:

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-twttk.html

Please read the rest of this Newsletter before placing your order.

2. TRADE EDITION SLIPCASE

We will be producing a slipcase for the Scribner Trade Edition
which will match the three slipcases we produced for the first
seven Dark Tower books:

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-slipcases.html

This will not be shipped until 6-8 weeks after the Trade Edition
is released so that we can be sure it will fit properly. Cost is
$30.00 plus a $1.00 shipping charge. We will not be charging the $5.00 order fee
on orders where the slipcase is shipping by itself.

3. ORDER CONFIRMATION

If you send a check and the check is cashed we have received
your order. If you sent an order via our website you will receive
as confirmation an email titled “RE WWW Form Submission”. We have received over
3,000 email orders but are now sending
confirmations within 3 or 4 business days. If you call or email us
this will only delay getting orders ready but if you sent in your
order in December and did not receive an order confirmation
please send us an email with the subject NO ORDER CONFIR-
MATION to karenf@grantbooks.com.

We have a small staff and will be hiring extra help but it will take
time to process orders, especially for people expecting a specific
numbered copy. We appreciate your patience.

Please do not call or email us for further details as we will just
refer you to our web site and suggest you remain subscribed to
our email newsletter.

4. PRINTED FLYER

Our usual full-color printed flyer will be in the mail next week.

5. LITTLE SISTERS - MATCH YOUR NUMBER

Due to financial considerations at the time many of our cus-
tomers who bought the Deluxe Edition of LITTLE SISTERS OF
ELURIA chose not to purchase the matching numbered Gift
Edition. As we have been shipping copies from the higher num-
ber down we still have many of the Gift Editions up to number
690. If you would now like to match your Deluxe Edition with
the same numbered Gift edition please email Karen French at
karenf@grantbooks.com under the subject title “Little Sisters
Gift Number” with your number and Karen will confirm if we
still have that number.

We will send out another Newsletter when we know when ship-
ping THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE will begin.

Thank you.

Robert K. Wiener, President
Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc.

.................................................. ..............
This email should only be sent to those who have asked to receive it.
To unsubscribe, return to http://www.grantbooks.com and click the "unsubscribe"
button.

John

mistercrowley
01-11-2012, 06:55 AM
They really don't want to be emailed do they?

Randall Flagg
01-11-2012, 12:14 PM
New art: https://secure.grantbooks.com/images_S_King/TWTTK-chapter2_color_art.jpg

Robert Fulman
01-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Complete rip-off of my R-rated version of the cover art. Are there any lawyers on the board?

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2307/twttkoriginal.jpg

(jk, of course)

Ricky
01-11-2012, 12:43 PM
I don't know if there's anything to it, but I like the B&W pieces much more than the colored pieces. I think that the thing with the colored ones is that they scream, "HEY! Look! I'm in a comic!"

DanHocker
01-11-2012, 12:52 PM
I don't know if there's anything to it, but I like the B&W pieces much more than the colored pieces. I think that the thing with the colored ones is that they scream, "HEY! Look! I'm in a comic!"

I think it only screams comic because most everyone is used to seeing his work in the Dark Tower comics. None of it really screams comic to me, as I haven't actually read or seen more than the covers of any of the comics. To me it's just that it's a completely different style direction than any of the other Dark Tower books.

Ricky
01-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Exactly. It's the style that sticks out. I can't look at it and not think comic comic comic. All of the DT artists have different styles, of course, but I think this one is getting alot of attention because of his comic background as opposed to book "illustrations".

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Complete rip-off of my R-rated version of the cover art. Are there any lawyers on the board?

The more I see this Jae Lee cover, the more I hate it.

I do think the Scribner cover is one of the best ever produced. (and I fuc*ing hate Scribner).

This must be hate day for me!

Merlin1958
01-11-2012, 05:38 PM

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2307/twttkoriginal.jpg

(jk, of course)

I LOVE this!!!! LOL LOL LOL Great work!!!

:lol1:

Patrick
01-11-2012, 08:08 PM
That newly revealed artwork is trippy. :thumbsup:

Yours is good, too, Robert Fulman.

Randall Flagg
01-16-2012, 11:46 AM
UK cover
https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/372998_127516977355305_1379107958_n.jpg

mistercrowley
01-16-2012, 11:58 AM
That's another cover I like better than the Jae Lee Grant cover.

biomieg
01-16-2012, 12:00 PM
I don't know... it will have to grow on me, I think. So far, Scribner is the winner.

jhanic
01-16-2012, 01:11 PM
I like it. As mistercrowley said, it's better than the Grant Jae Lee cover. I still think the Scribner cover is best.

John

olverts
01-16-2012, 01:14 PM
I couldn´t agree more John !

mae
01-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Not bad, but reminds me of some of those teenybopper fantasy books. Scribner's is badass.

neosatus
01-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Not bad, but reminds me of some of those teenybopper fantasy books. Scribner's is badass.

Yeah. It's incredibly cliche to me.

[Creator thoughts]

"Well, it's got 'keyhole' in the title so let's make a keyhole cover."
"Ok, sounds good but let's spice it up a bit--let's add fire. Everything looks cooler with fire."
"Brilliant."
*Pats back.
*Pats back.

Randall Flagg
01-16-2012, 04:24 PM

Yeah. It's incredibly cliche to me.

[Creator thoughts]

"Well, it's got 'keyhole' in the title so let's make a keyhole cover."
"Ok, sounds good but let's spice it up a bit--let's add fire. Everything looks cooler with fire."
"Brilliant."
*Pats back.
*Pats back.
Oops, forgot to mention:

Put a pyramid or triangle in-easier to draw than an ellipse and makes more (non)sense.

mistercrowley
01-16-2012, 04:26 PM
At least there isn't a giant Tony the tiger.

surly
01-16-2012, 05:03 PM
UK cover
https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/372998_127516977355305_1379107958_n.jpg

Has anyone seen this yet?

Could You Find Your Face on Stephen King's New Book?

To celebrate the publication of The Wind through the Keyhole, the hotly anticipated new episode in Stephen King’s fantasy series The Dark Tower, we’re inviting you to help make literary history; lucky entrants will have their faces featured on the back of the jacket artwork.
https://www.facebook.com/stephenkingbooks

Cooool.

chrise
01-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Ha! That's awesome.
Part six of the terms and conditions page sounds intriguing:
"6. Entering is not a guarantee of your photo appearing on the cover. Selected photographs will be printed on the cover of the book using mosaic technology and will only be clearly visible through the Facebook site, not on the actual printed book cover."

Jimimck
01-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Either way, I'm entering!
Thanks for posting.

jhanic
01-16-2012, 07:06 PM
I don't really do Facebook.

John

Randall Flagg
01-16-2012, 07:07 PM
UK cover

Has anyone seen this yet?

Could You Find Your Face on Stephen King's New Book?

To celebrate the publication of The Wind through the Keyhole, the hotly anticipated new episode in Stephen King’s fantasy series The Dark Tower, we’re inviting you to help make literary history; lucky entrants will have their faces featured on the back of the jacket artwork.
https://www.facebook.com/stephenkingbooks

Cooool.
herbertwest posted it here on the site in the Stephen King News forum. Hours ago.

Jimimck
01-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Don't worry surly, I didn't see it there either...

surly
01-17-2012, 05:31 AM
sorry, I didn't see the post in the other thread.

biomieg
01-17-2012, 05:39 AM
There's a whole TDT world outside Calvin's Corner but I can't say I go there very often and I think most of us don't (yes it's 'us' vs. 'them' already). Maybe it's time to start a CC Separatists movement and go our own way?

Just kidding, of course, but...

Robert Fulman
01-17-2012, 05:45 AM
I am in the NFL football pool, and every week it's a pain to figure out where I need to go on this site to find it, simply because it isn't in the corner.

Back on topic, I was looking at my bookshelf last night, and I am disappointed that the TWTTK won't be more like LSOE. I really like the size of that book, and the feel of the faux-leather. Also, I am definitely going to read my Artist's Edition; I don't think I could wait a couple more months to get my hands on the trade edition. Maybe I should buy two?

LostAlivE
01-17-2012, 09:10 AM
I love the cover on the US trade edition but the UK edition has at least the B&W's in the book. I love Grant books but this one just looks like they took the color pic's from the comic book series and just added them to the book.
To me looks like the one to get would be the UK one because of the B&W's that are going to be in it.
Be nice to put the US cover on the UK edition and you would have a darn good book.
The Grant edition looks like it belongs on the shelf with the HC comic book editions.
But that is just me I guess.

neosatus
01-17-2012, 02:24 PM
I love the cover on the US trade edition but the UK edition has at least the B&W's in the book. I love Grant books but this one just looks like they took the color pic's from the comic book series and just added them to the book.
To me looks like the one to get would be the UK one because of the B&W's that are going to be in it.
Be nice to put the US cover on the UK edition and you would have a darn good book.
The Grant edition looks like it belongs on the shelf with the HC comic book editions.

I don't really understand this way of thinking.

Did people think Jae Lee would change his whole style for this book or something?

Jimimck
01-17-2012, 03:09 PM
The more I look at the Grant edition cover, the more I am buying in to the whole "lets make it different" theory.
This story IS different from the series, in that it is a stand alone story about the Ka-tet we have all fallen in love with, and as such I'm starting to dig the idea of making the book a bit different from the rest of the series...

Cloysterpete
01-20-2012, 01:51 PM

Did people think Jae Lee would change his whole style for this book or something?

Well yeah, if your working in a medium radically different from your usual work then it would be logical to assume you would tailor your style to come out with something that is appropriate to the new medium, if your a comic book artist and you have a commission to come up with a novel cover but instead you just come out with another comic book cover then I think you have clearly failed to understand what elements make a successful book cover.

To be honest I don't think he can change his style, I believe he can only produce one type of art so if he tried to produce something different it would probably be just as terrible. I don't blame him for this mess though, it's Kings fault (I think Karen said he was Kings choice of artist) for making a silly decision in picking him for the job.

Randall Flagg
01-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Precisely.

willie3
01-20-2012, 02:10 PM
I like Jae Lee's art.

What has always bothered me, was his lack of any background.
This 'minimalist' style of art attracted a lot of fans because it was new at the time he broke into comics.
For me it became a distraction fairly quickly.
I do not think it suits the medium it is being used for now.

JMHO

Karl

Randall Flagg
01-20-2012, 03:14 PM
BTW, to my knowledge, Lee only does pencil-B&W drawings. Everything else is "colorized" by someone else.

DanHocker
01-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Wasn't the cover artist chosen by a poll on the Stephen King forums?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Wasn't the cover artist chosen by a poll on the Stephen King forums?

Yes, but it was very limited. Michael Whelan was excluded.

neosatus
01-20-2012, 05:48 PM

Well yeah, if your working in a medium radically different from your usual work then it would be logical to assume you would tailor your style to come out with something that is appropriate to the new medium, if your a comic book artist and you have a commission to come up with a novel cover but instead you just come out with another comic book cover then I think you have clearly failed to understand what elements make a successful book cover.

To be honest I don't think he can change his style, I believe he can only produce one type of art so if he tried to produce something different it would probably be just as terrible. I don't blame him for this mess though, it's Kings fault (I think Karen said he was Kings choice of artist) for making a silly decision in picking him for the job.

I guess I don't understand what a "comic book artist" is. To me an illustrator is an illustrator. Where the art ends up makes no difference to me. I can tell a Chadbourne piece instantly because of his style. If Glenn had done a comic book would his style change? One could argue that he has done "comic book" / "graphic novel" work in The Secretary Of Dreams, and I don't see that he altered his style in any way, for that.

If someone doesn't like Lee's work--all good--art is totally subjective.

I don't like the cover because of the characters on it--but that has nothing to do with Lee. He was just following guidelines placed upon him by King and/or his people.

Randall Flagg
01-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Would someone please provide the link to the SK poll? I recall the poll, and remember that Whelan wasn't an option. Besides Lee, who were the other choices?

willie3
01-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Would someone please provide the link to the SK poll? I recall the poll, and remember that Whelan wasn't an option. Besides Lee, who were the other choices?Here ya go (http://www.stephenking.com/forums/showthread.php/21090-Which-artist-would-you-like-to-have-illustrate-The-Wind-Through-the-Keyhole)

Karl

Randall Flagg
01-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Thanks. Evidently Whelan was a choice-and almost half chose him.
I could understand why after having done DTVII that Whelan wasn't chosen.
If Jae Lee is credited as the artist, the colorist should receive equal billing.
The weird thing is that some of the interior art would have been a far superior choice.

neosatus
01-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks. Evidently Whelan was a choice-and almost half chose him.
I could understand why after having done DTVII that Whelan wasn't chosen.
If Jae Lee is credited as the artist, the colorist should receive equal billing.
The weird thing is that some of the interior art would have been a far superior choice.

Agreed on all accounts. They'd have been better off getting someone to do background art as well. If that's not something Lee does--fine--but someone should have.

Cloysterpete
01-21-2012, 12:55 AM
You have to wonder why they put up such a poll to ask which artist fans would like to see illustrating the new book if they are just going to ignore the results, Jae Lee didn't win that poll, he wasn't even second he was joint third. I expect he would have been a lot further down if he didn't have the second highest profile of anyone on that list thanks to the DT comics.

Patrick
01-23-2012, 12:16 AM
You have to wonder why they put up such a poll to ask which artist fans would like to see illustrating the new book if they are just going to ignore the results, Jae Lee didn't win that poll, he wasn't even second he was joint third. I expect he would have been a lot further down if he didn't have the second highest profile of anyone on that list thanks to the DT comics.
I wonder how much effort was made to work a deal with the guy who came in second behind Whelan. Based on a quick look at his site, I bet he would have been good.

neosatus
01-23-2012, 12:53 AM
I wonder how much effort was made to work a deal with the guy who came in second behind Whelan. Based on a quick look at his site, I bet he would have been good.

Maybe the poll was a tool to purposely raise or lower a specific artist's buying temperature. Maybe they got Lee to do it "on the cheap" because he got a low percentage of the vote?

And how much happier would people be if the cover was a Whelan version of "Tiger and Boy"? (Or even the 2nd place guy)
I don't think I'd be much happier at all.

But hey, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining too much. I think the jacket will look plenty fine once Grant adds all the extras to it. Right now it just looks so barren...

herbertwest
01-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Excerpt :
http://books.simonandschuster.com/Wind-Through-the-Keyhole/Stephen-King/9781451658903/excerpt_with_id/18323?cp_type=ea&custd=364402&mcd=ea&view_pc_site=1

DanHocker
01-24-2012, 11:37 AM
If I remember correctly Whelan wasn't chosen because the powers that be wanted to use someone outside the artists that had already been used. Which is something I totally understand. Personally I actually like Jae Lee's artwork. I don't particularly care for the cover piece they chose, but I understand why it was chosen.

Fsmdr
01-24-2012, 11:54 AM
If I remember correctly Whelan wasn't chosen because the powers that be wanted to use someone outside the artists that had already been used. Which is something I totally understand. Personally I actually like Jae Lee's artwork. I don't particularly care for the cover piece they chose, but I understand why it was chosen.

Was Bernie Wrightson ever considered for it's illustrator?. I voted for him to the the illustrator.

Nerak
01-25-2012, 04:16 AM
King wanted Lee from the get go. I don't remember the reason for the poll, but it wasn't EVER to decide who the artist was going to be as that decision was already made.

Lee's wife did the coloring for the book.

mistercrowley
01-25-2012, 04:48 AM
Can someone tell me if this story mainly focuses on Roland's past or the present?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Can someone tell me if this story mainly focuses on Roland's past or the present?

It's a story from the Book of Eld, so it's his past.

Patrick
01-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Lee's wife did the coloring for the book.
Interesting. Thanks for that bit of trivia, Karen.

skyofcrack
01-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Has anyone else posted the art from the latest Grant flyer?

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/skyofcrack/dt8_grant_flyer.jpg

surly
01-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Has anyone else posted the art from the latest Grant flyer?

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/skyofcrack/dt8_grant_flyer.jpg

Although I'm not the biggest fan of Lee's style, seeing these makes me realize that it's really the typography on the Grant cover that bugs me and not the image.

LostAlivE
01-28-2012, 09:22 AM
I finely figured out the reason why Jae Lee's illustrates bugged me like someone else on here pointed out he doesn't do backgrounds for his pic's. I am glad it is his wife who does the color for them.
This being a fairy tale like story his illustrations are growing on me for this book. They still remind me of the comic books thought.
I am just glad we all have a new Dark Tower book to drool over and of course read.

Ari_Racing
01-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Can't wait to receive the flyer! :)

jhanic
01-28-2012, 10:37 AM
I got two of them--and the post man managed to drop both in the snow!

John

divemaster
01-28-2012, 11:46 AM
I received mine and didn't even think to see if someone might have wanted it. I tossed it. Now that I know folks like these things, I'll try not to do that next time.

dubrosa22
01-31-2012, 12:53 PM
I was very happy to receive my Grant brochure in faraway Oz only yesterday :)
Very happy with the new Lee pics in it. Much better!!!!!

biomieg
02-03-2012, 06:07 AM
According to PS Publishing's latest newsletter, H&S will issue a limited (700 copies), slipcased edition of TWTTKH (with the standard facsimile sig, of course).

Tito_Villa
02-03-2012, 06:10 AM
For £100 i won't be getting one of them, hell, even at £50 i doubt i would get a copy!

Tony
02-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Yeah 100GBP seemed kinda high for a facsimile signature, even though it does come with a slipcase...

biomieg
02-03-2012, 06:54 AM
The JUST AFTER SUNSET slipcased, limited (500 copies), with facsimile sig was only £45 if I recall correctly. I really have no idea why they jacked up the price for these recent editions with facsimile sigs. Especially since the true signed limited UNDER THE DOME had a retail price of £100!

Tito_Villa
02-03-2012, 06:58 AM
The JUST AFTER SUNSET slipcased, limited (500 copies), with facsimile sig was only £45 if I recall correctly. I really have no idea why they jacked up the price for these recent editions with facsimile sigs. Especially since the true signed limited UNDER THE DOME had a retail price of £100!

Exactly my thoughts!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-03-2012, 08:14 AM
This should be the same price as JAS (£45), because there are no extras like DVDs the others had.

Brian James Freeman
02-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Yeah 100GBP seemed kinda high for a facsimile signature, even though it does come with a slipcase...

You should see what a US retailer who wants to offer this has to pay... Ugh.

Brian

DisneyGuys
02-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Hoping to hear from some voices of experience.
What is the best method for purchasing one of the UK "trade" editions of The Wind Through the Keyhole for myself in the US? I'm kinda hooked by the idea of the mosaic using photos submitted by people on Facebook (I submitted one). If my photo is one used, then I would like to acquire a copy of the book.
Is it best to purchase direct from the UK publisher? Via Amazon or Amazon.uk? Or wait until Cemetery Dance offers some of the UK trade editions on their site (as I am a happy customer of CD)? I guess I could just watch and pick up a copy on eBay, but I has less confidence in being sure of the condition coming from an individual reseller.
Please let me know some opinions on which way I should proceed.
Thanks, Daniel

biomieg
02-03-2012, 11:05 AM
I would use Amazon.co.uk if I were you. Despite their poor packing skills, I never received a damaged book from them. Granted, from the UK to The Netherlands isn't that far, but I have the same experience with US books from Amazon.com.

Robert Fulman
02-03-2012, 11:05 AM
It's funny, with 11/22/63, I felt compelled to buy the UK Slipcased Edition (I got number 112; if someone finds 263, hook me up). I think that was driven by the fact that I saw SK at the JFK library and got a signed book, and the fact that I was actually able to buy the S/L at a reasonable price.

With TWTTK, I'm just not feeling that need. I think that the Grant Artist's Edition will be sufficient for me.

Randall Flagg
02-03-2012, 11:18 AM
What is the best method for purchasing one of the UK "trade" editions of The Wind Through the Keyhole for myself in the US? I'm kinda hooked by the idea of the mosaic using photos submitted by people on Facebook (I submitted one). If my photo is one used, then I would like to acquire a copy of the book.
Is it best to purchase direct from the UK publisher? Via Amazon or Amazon.uk? Or wait until Cemetery Dance offers some of the UK trade editions on their site (as I am a happy customer of CD)? I guess I could just watch and pick up a copy on eBay, but I has less confidence in being sure of the condition coming from an individual reseller.
Thanks, Daniel
Just be awarethat if your photo is selected, it will likely be no larger than this smiley: :(

jhanic
02-03-2012, 11:36 AM
I usually get all my UK trade editions from Amazon.co.uk. I had one book damaged, but they took care of the replacement.

John

DisneyGuys
02-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Just be aware that if your photo is selected, it will likely be no larger than this smiley: :(

Yes... but still kinda cool. I'll know it is there.
It would be nice if the publisher offered for sale a few dustjackets only that were still flat to have as a collectible and conversation piece.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks, Daniel

Daniel,
The mosaic photo on facebook will not be on the book. It's for facebook only. It is a publicity stunt to publicise the book.

Anyone who wants UK editions, should buy from Amazon. They are the cheapest book sellers in the world. (I never personally buy my books from Amazon).

Randall Flagg
02-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks, Daniel

Daniel,
The mosaic photo on facebook will not be on the book. It's for facebook only. It is a publicity stunt to publicise the book.

Anyone who wants UK editions, should buy from Amazon. They are the cheapest book sellers in the world. (I never personally buy my books from Amazon).
Ouch, I guess I didn't read the small print well enough.

Jimimck
02-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Daniel,

you sure about that?
I thought I read the mosiac would be on the book, but the picture would be so small you would not be able to make out your photo on the book, but they would put a larger picture on facebook for you to check out?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Daniel,

you sure about that?

No I'm not. That's just what I remember reading somewhere. I did not take much notice as i am not on facebook.

herbertwest
02-04-2012, 02:49 AM
My understanding is that the mosaic will be pictures as big as a pixel (or so) and therefore it will hardly be noticing.. but it will be there.

Something like that.

shaq
02-04-2012, 03:11 AM
I have just checked on PS Publication regarding the UK version.

Not sure how long this offer has been available, but free shipping anywhere, and 20% voucher for other items for the first 200 orders. That must help subsidise the price for this?

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/the-wind-through-the-keyhole-slipcase-a-dark-tower-novel-by-stephen-king-1218-p.asp

I bought the UK 11.22.63 facsimile version, and that was ok, not a big fan, rather have the real deal, but thought I'd point out the offer.

I can't get too fired up about this book as yet, to me, in my head, the series is complete, BUT I'm thinking about reading the full series again, and when I do that, I'll read it at that time, between 4 and 5. It confuses me a little because I actually love this series, and just don't have the heart for this. Wierd. I'm hoping that reviews will knock sense into me.

DisneyGuys
02-04-2012, 06:40 AM
I'm posting this information only because there seems to be some confusion regarding the mosiac for the dust jacket on the UK edition. While I can no longer access the Facebook Ap that was set up for submissions and had the "fine print" included, I did find this information archived in the ever-useful resources at Lilja's Library (http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=2874).

Using mosaic design technologies, thousands of readers’ images will be incorporated in the illustration on the back cover of The Wind through the Keyhole.

For your chance to be a part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, all you have to do is upload your photo via this facebook app https://www.facebook.com/stephenkingbooks. We can’t guarantee that everyone’s photo will make it on – but we’ll contact you when the jacket is ready so you can see if your face is featured, and if you’ve been lucky, you can share your pixels of fame with friends and family!

http://disneyguys.com/Daniel/King-WTTK-mosaic.jpg

And Heinercj quoted from the "fine print" in the comments of the page:

"Selected photographs will be printed on the cover of the book using mosaic technology and will only be clearly visible through the Facebook site, not on the actual printed book cover."

So, I think it is correct that the photos of people's faces will be on the actual dust jacket for the book, but too small to really make out. Still, I personally thought it was cool because it reminded me of the scenes of Jack's visit to the rose in NYC and Roland's visit to Maine where King describes the immediate area as being filled with faces making up everthing in the vicinity.

Thanks for the suggestions on the best way to purchase the UK edition.
Daniel

mistercrowley
02-04-2012, 06:58 AM
The Hodder edition with facsimile signature will be available through Amazon US?

jhanic
02-04-2012, 07:53 AM
I wouldn't count on it. They may list it, but they may not get any copies.

John

LostAlivE
02-04-2012, 09:18 AM
EDITION: Slipcased Hardcover with specially printed dustjacket.
This is from PS's website. What slipcase will they use the Grant slipcase or will they make one themselves and what about the DJ?
Is PS going to do like they did with the "11/22/63" DJ? To me "special" means PS will make a different DJ for the book?
If they are going to make a different DJ that would be great and maybe worth getting and if they make a slipcase of their own.
I just hope it won't be like the one they did for "11/22/63."

Randall Flagg
02-04-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm posting this information only because there seems to be some confusion regarding the mosiac for the dust jacket on the UK edition. While I can no longer access the Facebook Ap that was set up for submissions and had the "fine print" included, I did find this information archived in the ever-useful resources at Lilja's Library (http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=2874).

Using mosaic design technologies, thousands of readers’ images will be incorporated in the illustration on the back cover of The Wind through the Keyhole.

For your chance to be a part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, all you have to do is upload your photo via this facebook app https://www.facebook.com/stephenkingbooks. We can’t guarantee that everyone’s photo will make it on – but we’ll contact you when the jacket is ready so you can see if your face is featured, and if you’ve been lucky, you can share your pixels of fame with friends and family!

http://disneyguys.com/Daniel/King-WTTK-mosaic.jpg

"Selected photographs will be printed on the cover of the book using mosaic technology and will only be clearly visible through the Facebook site, not on the actual printed book cover."

So, I think it is correct that the photos of people's faces will be on the actual dust jacket for the book, but too small to really make out. Still, I personally thought it was cool because it reminded me of the scenes of Jack's visit to the rose in NYC and Roland's visit to Maine where King describes the immediate area as being filled with faces making up everthing in the vicinity.

Thanks for the suggestions on the best way to purchase the UK edition.
Daniel
Thanks for the information.

skyofcrack
02-04-2012, 11:59 AM

This is the distinction. The pics will be too small to see yourself on the book but can be enlarged on Facebook.

Randall Flagg
02-04-2012, 10:38 PM
In other words.....a waste of time, and or a facebook self flagellation.

Jimimck
02-04-2012, 11:05 PM
In other words.....a waste of time, and or a facebook self flagellation.

Or in other words - quite an exciting opportunity to be part of Stephen King history and have your face on the cover of one of his books. Who cares if you can't see it, just knowing it is there may actually be quite cool to a lot of people.

frik
02-05-2012, 03:35 AM
I couldn't care less about having my face on the cover of this book, nor about the facsimile signature.
But of course I got myself a copy....:)

sk

LostAlivE
02-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Amazon.co.uk has the collector's edition of THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE, limited to 700 numbered copies, which features facsimile signature, head and tail bands, ribbon marker and slipcase.

jhanic
02-05-2012, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't plan on getting a copy via Amazon. Just because they list it doesn't mean that they will actually get copies.

John

Robert Fulman
02-05-2012, 07:17 PM
BTW, an interesting quirk of PS Publishing's webstore is that their inventory system will tell you how many copies of a book are left if you try to order too many. For example, I tried to add 1000 copies of TWTTK to my cart and got the error message, "There is only 322 of The Wind Through The Keyhole [slipcase] A Dark Tower Novel by Stephen King in stock." Assuming that they started with their 400 copy allotment, they have sold 78 copies in the last couple of days.

jemaher
02-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Crafty!

Robert Fulman
02-09-2012, 05:25 AM
Amazon.co.uk has a legitimate looking picture of the Hodder slipcased edition:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41hQPcQZlOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also, PS has sold 100 copies.

Tito_Villa
02-09-2012, 05:27 AM
It does look smart but still not worth the £100

LostAlivE
02-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Amazon.co.uk has a legitimate looking picture of the Hodder slipcased edition:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41hQPcQZlOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also, PS has sold 100 copies.

I like this it looks good.
The one you get from PS comes with a dustjacket whereas the one from Amazon UK doesn't.

Jimimck
02-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Agree it does look pretty cool.

I just tried to search on ebay (both .uk and .com) to see if there were many 11/22/63 UK special editions available, and at what price. There was only two available, at around the £100 mark.
I was hoping to see if the price of them had dropped already as an indication of the future price of WTTK, as I also agree the price is too high for what it is.

herbertwest
02-10-2012, 12:32 PM
I am sorry to say that looks WAY nicer than the DMG limited edition. This one looks so sweet !

herbertwest
02-11-2012, 04:04 AM
UK limited edition by Hodder & Stoughton, BUT we should mention that because they dont do any dustjack, PS Publishing decide to create a dustjacket and will put on the copy for those that will buy through their website !
(At the least, that's what was said in their newsletter)

http://www.liljas-library.com/img/other/uk_limited_wind.jpg

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/the-wind-through-the-keyhole-slipcase-a-dark-tower-novel-by-stephen-king-1218-p.asp

mae
02-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Do we have a release date for Grant?

Cook
02-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Amazon.co.uk has the collector's edition of THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE, limited to 700 numbered copies, which features facsimile signature, head and tail bands, ribbon marker and slipcase.

Does anybody have a link to the above mentioned Amazon link? :thumbsup:

Cook
02-11-2012, 11:54 AM
This is a cut & paste from the website;

Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc. expects to be shipping the limited editions of this new Dark Tower novel by Stephen King, illustrated by Jae Lee, by the end of February 2012.

Do we have a release date for Grant?

Robert Fulman
02-11-2012, 12:19 PM

Does anybody have a link to the above mentioned Amazon link? :thumbsup:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wind-Through-Keyhole-Stephen-King/dp/1444755455/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328991534&sr=1-2

Jimimck
02-11-2012, 04:31 PM
I see 15% off already. Getting better.

mae
02-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Got an email from Grant saying my card was charged. Guess that means the book will be shipping soon?

Nerak
02-15-2012, 10:52 AM
yes, that's true, working my fingers off here....

mae
02-15-2012, 11:05 AM
:panic:

herbertwest
02-15-2012, 12:53 PM
So, there are absolutely NO PROOFS for this book?

Tito_Villa
02-15-2012, 01:31 PM
I held a proof at Grant, don't know if they sent it out or not!

Merlin1958
02-15-2012, 10:35 PM
yes, that's true, working my fingers off here....

OMG!! They're starting to ship???? Holy Crap!!!! Can't wait!!!! Karen you are the best!!! "Gronk" told "Eli" to tell me to say "Hi"!!!!

:razz:

mae
02-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Karen, so what would you say to be the official publication date? It's for our thread with release dates:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?3555

Nerak
02-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Bill, lol

There is no official release date yet. But they will be shipping before the month is out.

And the only proofs are from Scribner. Tito, you might have held a set of F&Gs. Grant is not doing proofs.

jhanic
02-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Grant is not doing proofs.

:(

John

Merlin1958
02-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Bill, lol

There is no official release date yet. But they will be shipping before the month is out.

And the only proofs are from Scribner. Tito, you might have held a set of F&Gs. Grant is not doing proofs.

Why does Gisele keep emailing me "Catch This"!!!! ??????????

She really needs to go back to work, no??? LOL

skyofcrack
02-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Is this a cover or an ad?

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/skyofcrack/sk_tdt8_wttk_uk.jpg

mae
02-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Placeholder cover.

tippy4
02-17-2012, 07:28 PM
I wonder if King will be doing any signings when the trade edition comes out on April 24?

Randall Flagg
02-17-2012, 07:33 PM
I wonder if King will be doing any signings when the trade edition comes out on April 24?
He just might.....:ninja:

herbertwest
02-18-2012, 04:28 AM
Bill, lol

But that means that Scribner is doing some proofs.
Anyone here got one?

jhanic
02-18-2012, 04:56 AM
Not yet.

John

Bev Vincent
02-18-2012, 05:44 AM
I expect one within the next day ot two.

herbertwest
02-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Ari? :-)

Ari_Racing
02-19-2012, 06:38 PM
No news so far.

TCCBodhi
02-20-2012, 10:37 AM
I saw this weekend that my card was charged on the 12th for the Artist Edition, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the new book! I probably won't read this copy though, unless I get too tempted before the trade edition publishes. Too many accidents occur in my household while I'm reading.

wizardsrainbow
02-21-2012, 07:20 AM
Found this on my doorstep this morning from UPS....I am thrilled!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/WTTKH_ARC1.jpg

bdwyer19
02-21-2012, 07:37 AM
Just got the Grant Newsletter... Artist Editions are being mailed out today!!!

mae
02-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Just got the Grant Newsletter... Artist Editions are being mailed out today!!!

AHHHH :panic:

I guess 02/21/12 is the official release date for our catalog.

Nerak
02-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Yup, we just started shipping as of Today. So, I would say today is the official release date. We are starting with the artist editions and from December on...so...if you have the last name of Zebulon, you will be waiting a few.....LOL

Tito_Villa
02-21-2012, 08:41 AM
I guess international orders will be last :(

Keep up the good work though!

jhanic
02-21-2012, 09:16 AM
Found this on my doorstep this morning from UPS....I am thrilled!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/WTTKH_ARC1.jpg

Congratulations, David. I'm still waiting on my contacts.

John

AKC
02-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Yup, we just started shipping as of Today. So, I would say today is the official release date. We are starting with the artist editions and from December on...so...if you have the last name of Zebulon, you will be waiting a few.....LOL

Mine is WILSON.....close enough.

:cry::cry:

Robert Fulman
02-21-2012, 10:42 AM
My last name comes after Zebulon. Luckilly for me (?) my wife is going to swipe the book when it shows up so she can give it to me on my birthday (3/17).

Pasiuk57
02-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Congrats David!!

olverts
02-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Congratulations David !

herbertwest
02-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Nice one David!

Randall Flagg
02-21-2012, 11:50 AM
SCOOP!

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1329853798-TWTTK%20Green684x954.jpg

mae
02-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Is that the AE slipcase? Nice!

Randall Flagg
02-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Is that the AE slipcase? Nice!
Yes. The S/L looks completely different, but I am not at liberty to show my picture at this time.

CRinVA
02-21-2012, 01:01 PM
I am in the front half of the alphabet and I live on the East Coast near a major city so I hope to be reading my Artist Edition in a day or two!!!!!!!!!!

Just in time as I just finished 11/22/63 and I am reading The Woman by Jack Ketchum which is prety short so this shuold work out well! And I jsut got notified that my reserved Audio of 11/22/63 is erady for pickup at the library so I can get a re-listne in shortly.

Of note, I also and #1 on the lsit for a Library edition of The Stand Audio - I was the first person to recommend they purchase this edition. They are purchasing two copies and I get the first one! WooHoo.

My commute time is set for sonme time to come right now! I have the audio of IT also sitting on my shelf and I am re-listeneing to the entire Dune series.

Lilja
02-21-2012, 01:08 PM

Have you seen these proofs? I know Hodder isn't doing any.

Lilja

Lilja
02-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Sorry, just saw the photo above.

Lilja

jhanic
02-21-2012, 01:21 PM
I guess I'm going to have to wait for my copies from Grant, since I ordered both the Deluxe and AE. That's okay, though.

John

Randall Flagg
02-21-2012, 02:23 PM
EXCLUSIVE SCOOP! PLEASE DO NOT SHARE!

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1329862983-chapter2%20color%20art%20615x908.jpg

Randall Flagg
02-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Another SCOOP in ~10 minutes....

Randall Flagg
02-21-2012, 02:40 PM
No comments = No Scoops.....

Jimimck
02-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Great picture. Next scoop please...

Randall Flagg
02-21-2012, 02:45 PM
EXCLUSIVE SCOOP! PLEASE DO NOT SHARE! Next picture in ~10 minutes...if comments are forthcoming..

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1329864253-chapter3%20611x905.jpg

Lilja
02-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Please show us more.

Lilja

Lilja
02-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Have you gotten your book or were are these coming from?

Lilja

Garrell
02-21-2012, 02:49 PM
That is the best one so far...love Jae Lee's work!!!

Lilja
02-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Can you show us faster? It's almost midnigt here in Sweden :-)

Lilja

Randall Flagg
02-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Sorry, next image in 23 minutes.

Lilja
02-21-2012, 02:55 PM
OK, can you tell how many there will be?

Lilja

Randall Flagg
02-21-2012, 02:58 PM
OK, can you tell how many there will be?

Lilja
Depends on how many comments I receive. More comments = more images.

Lilja
02-21-2012, 03:00 PM
OK, I'm afraid I won't be around to comment if it's 20 min between since it's midnight here in Sweden. I hope someone else do though because I'd love to see them.

Lilja

Jimimck
02-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Such a tease.

I love the look of the slipcase, and these pictures look pretty cool too.

How many people who have oredered an AE from Grant intend to read it before the trade edition comes out? Not sure if I can hold off waiting, but then I don't want to mark my copy at all...

Randall Flagg
02-21-2012, 03:07 PM
EXCLUSIVE SCOOP! PLEASE DO NOT SHARE.
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1329865556-chapter3%20.1%20620x904.jpg

Jimimck
02-21-2012, 03:09 PM
That one is cool. Doesn't have that same "bubblegum" cartoon look to it as the cover. Its a bit darker in its mood which I think is cool.

Bev Vincent
02-21-2012, 03:11 PM
I received my Scribner galley today, too.

mae
02-21-2012, 03:13 PM
How many people who have oredered an AE from Grant intend to read it before the trade edition comes out? Not sure if I can hold off waiting, but then I don't want to mark my copy at all...

I read all my previous Grant editions, and I plan on reading this one as soon as it arrives. I love the feel of the Grant books. They're meant to be read.

Dr. Dawg
02-21-2012, 03:14 PM
These are all really nice, I can't wait to get my copies! I like the texture of the slipcase, it looks similar to what was used for the LSOE editions.

Robert Fulman
02-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Are all of the pictures from Roland's story, or are here any of our ka-tet? Either way, I'm liking these.

carlosdetweiller
02-21-2012, 03:23 PM
So did I read today's posts correctly? Someone posted that Hodder is not doing a proof? Is that confirmed? So the only proof for this title is by Scribner? Anyone know for sure?

Jimimck
02-21-2012, 03:23 PM
I read all my previous Grant editions, and I plan on reading this one as soon as it arrives. I love the feel of the Grant books. They're meant to be read.

This will be the first time I've had an AE edition before having actually read the story, and so am just nervous about damaging the book in the nomal course of reading it. I agree though, books are meant to be read and so I think maybe I will give this one a read before the trade edition comes out...

carlosdetweiller
02-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Oh, yeah.........I'm still not a fan of Jae Lee.

Lilja
02-21-2012, 03:28 PM
So did I read today's posts correctly? Someone posted that Hodder is not doing a proof? Is that confirmed? So the only proof for this title is by Scribner? Anyone know for sure?

I have gotten confirmation from Hodder that they are NOT doing any Galleys, Proofs or ARCs.

Lilja

mae
02-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Oh, yeah.........I'm still not a fan of Jae Lee.

Yeah definitely looks like pages from the DT comic book. But, we don't read the books for their illustrations. The trade won't even have them. I never really pay much attention to them, I find them a distraction, to be honest.

Lilja
02-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Can we expect one more soon?

Lilja

carlosdetweiller
02-21-2012, 03:35 PM

I have gotten confirmation from Hodder that they are NOT doing any Galleys, Proofs or ARCs.

Lilja

Thanks!

idlewarnings
02-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Slipcase looks great. Jae's artwork is growing on me. The true test will be how well it sits next to the words.