PDA

View Full Version : V tv series

mystima
11-04-2009, 09:22 AM
anyone catch the new series. started out differently. what was your opinion of the show

Gris
11-04-2009, 09:49 AM
I liked it. Wife and I plan on continuing to watch it.

I downloaded to original series and movie. I couldn't watch them for some reason and it's been so long that the memories are extremely fuzzy. Kind of nice since now I don;t have huge expectations.

mystima
11-04-2009, 12:48 PM
i am just glad they got the visitors being lizards and the renegade visitors out of the way and we don't have to worry about them dragging that out

Bev Vincent
11-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Not bad. I wasn't expecting to see Alan Tudyk in it. Two Firefly alumna!

razz
11-04-2009, 12:52 PM
I never heard of the original series, so I was expecting something more...well...
http://static.open.salon.com/files/vfv041235004108.jpg

So I was severely disappoint.
ಠ_ಠ

lophophoras
11-04-2009, 01:13 PM
It wasn't too bad.

I really enjoyed the original back when I was a kid, so I figured I would give this one a shot.

I'll probably watch the series.

Ricky
11-04-2009, 01:14 PM
It wasn't a bad pilot but it wasn't a great one either. My main issue is that when the Vs came, everyone seemed a bit too...accepting of their arrival. Would not at all happen in real life.

Though, Juliet was in it! :clap:

Odetta
11-04-2009, 02:33 PM
I was a huge fan of the original series... I am looking forward to the updated version and I enjoyed the pilot!

Heather19
11-04-2009, 02:44 PM
I quite enjoyed it.

Not bad. I wasn't expecting to see Alan Tudyk in it. Two Firefly alumna!

I noticed that too. Although it took me forever to figure out who Anna was. I kept staring at her, knowing that I knew her from something else, but couldn't remember what it was until the episode was almost over. :lol:

It wasn't a bad pilot but it wasn't a great one either. My main issue is that when the Vs came, everyone seemed a bit too...accepting of their arrival. Would not at all happen in real life.

I agree. I was shocked at how welcoming the people were. If a scenario like that actually occurred, there is no way people would be that open and receptive about it. If anything it would probably be the exact opposite.

educatedlady
11-05-2009, 07:46 AM
I liked the pilot for the most part. I found the writing to be a bit stiff but maybe that will even itself out as it goes along. I spent the weekend watching all the original series that SyFy showed so I was pumped for the new version.

I'm stoked that Alex Tudyk AND Morena Baccarin are in this. I love them both.

ChristineB
11-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Had to use the DVR for it here, our local station opted for a local football show in that time slot :pullhair: and they are doing it again next week.

It was good, should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Bev Vincent
11-05-2009, 08:10 AM
We had local election reports on the screen, which was especially annoying during the scenes where the Visitors were speaking foreign languages that were subcaptioned. The election coverage at the bottom of the screen obscured the text!

Míchéal
11-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Starts here tonight, cant wait!!!

Ricky
11-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Hopefully this won't be like FOX and pull it off the air after 3 episodes. :panic:

Heather19
11-08-2009, 05:48 PM
I hate to break it to you Ricky, but last I heard they're only going to air about 4 episodes, then it's going to go on a long extended break until March. Not sure how many episodes they have planned after that.
I wasn't thrilled when I heard that. It really makes no sense to me. So someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

educatedlady
11-09-2009, 11:40 AM
You're right, Heather. 4 episodes now and then it will return after the Olympics. You can read more here: http://io9.com/5396219/v-is-not-doomed-and-you-should-still-watch

mystima
11-12-2009, 09:21 PM
watched Monday's episode and was disappointed with it. i couldn't keep up with all the nonsense it was making. story went nowhere in my opinion. it's really sad when you fall asleep during a show you were looking forward to.

Bev Vincent
11-13-2009, 03:03 AM
Yeah, I'm staying with it but I only watch with one eye while working on other stuff.

educatedlady
11-13-2009, 01:21 PM
I think this is why they are going on such a long hiatus. They are only in the second episode and they've hit a wall. I will give these first 4 episodes a shot and hope for the best when it comes back.

LadyHitchhiker
11-13-2009, 03:52 PM
I am quite enjoying it and can't wait for more!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Has anyone read the second generation novelization? There could be even more twists coming than in the original series! :dance:

Ricky
11-13-2009, 04:40 PM
I hate to break it to you Ricky, but last I heard they're only going to air about 4 episodes, then it's going to go on a long extended break until March.

:o

See, this is what I don't understand about TV. Why air four episodes, give people the opportunity to like the show, and just when it starts to pick up, pull it off the air for 4 months?

Well, at least we still have LOST.

Jon
11-13-2009, 06:25 PM
I was a huge fan of the original series... I am looking forward to the updated version and I enjoyed the pilot!

Ditto, love!

Gris
11-14-2009, 05:09 AM
I just saw the 2nd one last night. I still enjoyed it. There are a lot of different sub-plots going on and the pace seems pretty quick, but it was easy to follow for me and I did still enjoy it.

If I had a complaint, it would be that they sort of wrote it assuming you saw, and remember, the first series. I saw it, but don't remember it. Was what? 20 years ago?

mystima
11-17-2009, 01:52 AM
Original was about 20-25 years ago. came out in the early to mid 80's. I was a big fan of the original series also. that is the main reason i started watching the new one.

ChristineB
11-17-2009, 09:21 AM
If I had a complaint, it would be that they sort of wrote it assuming you saw, and remember, the first series. I saw it, but don't remember it. Was what? 20 years ago?

I have to disagree with you on this point. They have rewritten the series completely, the only things that are even close to the same are the aleins coming in. There is no need to see the original to watch and understand this one at all, since the characters are different and the story is different.

Heather19
11-17-2009, 02:54 PM
I finally got around to watching the second episode this past weekend. I quite enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to tonights.
Does anyone happen to know how many episodes will air when it returns in March?

LadyHitchhiker
11-18-2009, 12:18 PM
The break will be because of the Olympics is my understanding.

Bev Vincent
11-18-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm finding it a little on the bland side. I heard at one point that the long break is also to allow them to retool the show a little because the execs weren't happy with it.

LadyHitchhiker
11-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Well I do agree there needs to be more characters and more character development - the original V was full to the rafters with diversity - but there's still time... it's just starting! :) It's far more interesting than Flash Forward

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Bev Vincent
11-18-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm finding Flash Forward more interesting because there is more of a sense of mystery. With V, it's pretty clear that the V have bad intentions and it will turn into a good vs. bad battle without much mystery.

jayson
11-18-2009, 01:35 PM
The break will be because of the Olympics is my understanding.

i don't watch the show, but i do know it's on ABC and the olympics will be on NBC so i am doubting this will be the reason for the break.

i read awhile back the break was an intentional ploy by the network to make "an event" out of the handful of episodes showing this fall and thus generate more interest when it returns in the spring.

it didn't sound like a great idea to me at the time, and judging from the posts from some of you who actually watch it, it doesn't seem to be pleasing to the fans.

Heather19
11-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Yeah, the break is going to be far longer than the Olympics. There's one more episode and then it's off the air for about 4 months.

LadyHitchhiker
11-18-2009, 03:20 PM
I respect your opinion, Bev and I'll keep watching Flash Forward with ya, but my issue is that the episodes of Flash Forward just seem to be the same information reformulated into another episode, by just tweaking it a little bit, and I guess I've just been in the mindset lately to want a faster progression of the story. Perhaps because I was so into Jericho - which was a slower pace show - and it was so brutally massacred by CBS. I really miss Threshold and Flash Gordon and thought they were the perfect pace but they were killed too. And I'm really enjoying Fringe because it has a great pace and it also has a lot of mystery.

I guess what I'm saying in a very roundabout fashion is I'm afraid I'll get too into Flash Forward and then they'll cancel it, but there's so much buzz about V that I have high hopes that at this point it won't be cancelled.

Perhaps they're trying with V to do like with the original series, break it up and generate more of a buzz. I don't think that was the intention with the first generation of V - I think it just kept being voted back on - but maybe that's what ABC wants to do, too. I don't know. I think sometimes these network execs are a little nuts! :)

Oh and I guess you guys can guess I'm a huge sci-fi nut now, too ;)

I do agree with you Bev that they shouldn't be just washing over some of these very important plot points, and should be drawing out certain parts of it. Like, who wanted to know in the first episode that they were lizards? I wanted it drawn out more even though I already knew that answer.

My husband's not really into it, but he's the one who got me rehooked on V so I'll be keeping with it as long as it's on. Usually I don't give up on a show. Now, I'm sorry I gave up on Heroes since George Takei was on it :( But I can always catch up with DVDs if money prevails! :dance:

mystima
12-24-2010, 11:36 AM
The new season starts in January. Here's hoping it will be good. have a happy holiday.

Mattrick
12-25-2010, 10:37 AM
anyone catch the new series. started out differently. what was your opinion of the show

Awful, just awful. Studios need to learn; just because BSG did good, doesn't mean they need to reboot every SCI-FI show from the 70s.

ICry4Oy
01-07-2011, 12:12 PM
I enjoyed the new episode this week. Completely brought home the fact that Anna is a ruthless bitch in every way.

Also was AWESOME to see the original Diana from the original series is going to play Anna's motherbitch!

Ricky
01-07-2011, 12:26 PM
I really, really enjoyed the premiere as well. I like that they're thinking that the V's were experimenting on the humans for years, but personally, I don't think Erica's birth was influenced by them in any way.

mystima
01-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I enjoyed the new episode this week. Completely brought home the fact that Anna is a ruthless bitch in every way.

Also was AWESOME to see the original Diana from the original series is going to play Anna's motherbitch!

nice will have to go back and find it...didn't get to watch it premier night