PDA

View Full Version : Sign up for the 2010 Gathering - London

Darkthoughts
11-02-2009, 04:35 AM
So, with much potential planning to be done this is the official "Yes, I can come!/Woe is me, I can't make it!" thread.

Please specify in your post which month is best for you or whether you can be flexible about when you could attend, we will be basing the date on this information, so only post if you're reasonably sure you can come :)

I will post information on trains/buses to London from various UK locations and will also search for accomodation info. Anyone wanting to share rooms, offer lifts etc, also state that in your post. If members from outside the UK want to post flight details/prices, that'd be awesome.

Any further info you'd like to see, just ask. Nearer the time we could plan an itinary if people want to do particular activities, sight see etc.

Accomodation:

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/saver_search.php?search=&action=search&saverSearchType=rooms19&checkInDate=23%2F10%2F2009&locpostText=london

Lily-sai
11-02-2009, 05:24 AM
YAY! :)

I guess I can be pretty much flexible on the date - except I CAN'T come on 15.-17.10. I'll be organizing our own Youth Days here. Other dates - count me in! :)

Brice
11-02-2009, 05:26 AM
I still can't say when I can come and won't be able to before march or april, but I can say definitely not November or December and the furthur it gets into October the less likely it becomes.

Darkthoughts
11-02-2009, 06:35 AM
Trying to sort out a poll for the thread, but is September a good month for people? Or earlier in the year?

Brice
11-02-2009, 06:59 AM
I kinda' like around August- September. Of course I can't commit for sure yet so...

candy
11-02-2009, 11:07 AM
I still can't say when I can come and won't be able to before march or april, but I can say definitely not November or December and the furthur it gets into October the less likely it becomes.

would that not just have ben simpler to say any time between may and september?:P

for me, i can not do May or September or October.

Darkthoughts
11-02-2009, 11:46 AM
I'll have to get someone to have the kids either way, so if it's in or out of term it probably won't make any difference. Is August good for you Candy?

AlishaRiley
11-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Of course, I could probably make it to London at any point as long as my financial situation isn't too dire. I'll be at a festival for the 29th/30th/31st August to 1st/2nd September, so they're the dates I can't commit to, yet. Once I find out the set dates of the festival it should hopefully be slightly clearer!

Sickrose
11-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Of course, I could probably make it to London at any point as long as my financial situation isn't too dire. I'll be at a festival for the 29th/30th/31st August to 1st/2nd September, so they're the dates I can't commit to, yet. Once I find out the set dates of the festival it should hopefully be slightly clearer! Are you going to Reading festival by any chance? i went to the Leeds one this year and will be going again next year.

I would love to come I am not too far away from London.

AlishaRiley
11-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Of course, I could probably make it to London at any point as long as my financial situation isn't too dire. I'll be at a festival for the 29th/30th/31st August to 1st/2nd September, so they're the dates I can't commit to, yet. Once I find out the set dates of the festival it should hopefully be slightly clearer! Are you going to Reading festival by any chance? i went to the Leeds one this year and will be going again next year.

No, no, it's Sonisphere. :)
I went this year, so it's now being made an annual excursion. :excited:

alinda
11-02-2009, 02:17 PM
I am sick about this statement, but as I have been paying two mortages this entire year every 30 days , things are not looking good at all for me attending no matter when we plan it.I am laying out over $1,000 dollars a month now just for the houses, and thats not including anything else.Unless I rent out the old one fast, I'm afraid its a no go for me.:(

Jean
11-03-2009, 12:50 AM
bears definitely can't go to England in 2010... http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_sad.gif

Melike
11-03-2009, 04:11 AM
I want to be there. It would be good for me between September-December if I can come. But, like Bricey, it is not certain for me, too.

Brice
11-03-2009, 05:18 AM
I have a proposition and it pains me to suggest it, but as there are so many outside of England who can't attend what do y'all think of just holding off till 2011 so people have more time to save and plan? I'm only suggesting we push it back a bit so hopefully more can attend. I suspect it's not gonna' be often that many of us can travel to another country for something like this. It's just something to think about.

Sickrose
11-03-2009, 05:39 AM

No, no, it's Sonisphere. :)
I went this year, so it's now being made an annual excursion. :excited:

Sounds cool I am sure you will have a quality time !!

flaggwalkstheline
11-03-2009, 07:45 AM
this sounds awesome but i doubt i'll be able to come
its hard for me to make time enough to just get outta the state let alone go to london

alinda
11-03-2009, 08:52 AM
There do seem to be some who can attend, so putting it off for them to miss this opportunity seems somehow not right to me. Even so, I do wish I had the $ I would so love to come meet you all in this amazing city.:grouphug:

Frunobulax
11-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Yep. Not gonna be able to make it.

candy
11-03-2009, 10:52 AM
I have a proposition and it pains me to suggest it, but as there are so many outside of England who can't attend what do y'all think of just holding off till 2011 so people have more time to save and plan? I'm only suggesting we push it back a bit so hopefully more can attend. I suspect it's not gonna' be often that many of us can travel to another country for something like this. It's just something to think about.

There do seem to be some who can attend, so putting it off for them to miss this opportunity seems somehow not right to me. Even so, I do wish I had the $ I would so love to come meet you all in this amazing city.:grouphug:

so far linda it does seem to be just the Uk contingent who can make it, it makes more sense to put it back to when people can save to come, as brice says its a once in a life time trip, however...... this has been on since i joined so unless people's situation would be any different next year and/or would be able to save the funds, then is it going to be a case of permanantley puttin it back year after year?

edit; if it does get put back, how do the UK peeps feel about meeting for a weekend?

flaggwalkstheline
11-03-2009, 12:43 PM
could we have 2?
one in the UK and one in the USA?
not necessarily at the same time
but would that work?

Míchéal
11-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Well this suits me anytime, since its like right next door, so any month, any time... me = excited :)

Darkthoughts
11-04-2009, 02:44 AM
so far linda it does seem to be just the Uk contingent who can make it, it makes more sense to put it back to when people can save to come, as brice says its a once in a life time trip, however...... this has been on since i joined so unless people's situation would be any different next year and/or would be able to save the funds, then is it going to be a case of permanantley puttin it back year after year?
edit; if it does get put back, how do the UK peeps feel about meeting for a weekend?
I was thinking the same. The UK gathering has been in the pipeline since 2008 so I don't know how much more time people would need to plan for it :lol:

I would love to see everyone, but I'm up for a UK/European gathering if none of our US ka-tet can make it :)

could we have 2?
but would that work?
There have been US gatherings, last year was in Vegas ;)

Brice
11-04-2009, 04:35 AM
I'm just saying...it was only a suggestion, but I can guarantee I'd be able to be there in 2011 for certain. 2010 is possible, but not definite right now. *shrug* It was just an idea. We'll see as things become more concrete.

flaggwalkstheline
11-04-2009, 10:12 AM
I was thinking the same. The UK gathering has been in the pipeline since 2008 so I don't know how much more time people would need to plan for it :lol:

I would love to see everyone, but I'm up for a UK/European gathering if none of our US ka-tet can make it :)

could we have 2?
but would that work?
There have been US gatherings, last year was in Vegas ;)

didnt know that...
guess i'll just wait a few years :thumbsup:

Darkthoughts
11-04-2009, 12:27 PM
No worries Flagg, it's not an exclusive thing anyone who can get members together should go for it :couple:

Brice, whenever you're over here I will be there :huglove:

Patrick
11-04-2009, 10:48 PM
I would LOVE to go back to London! However having another child in 2009 puts a bit of strain on the budget. So as far as 2010 I may make it, but cannot commit at this time. In any case, I would have no particular preference in terms of month, other than to say that later in the year is better. Please plan whatever and whenever works for you all and I'll do my best to join you. Hope it works out. :)

Letti
11-04-2009, 10:58 PM
In life nothing is sure but I will try my best to be there.

Darkthoughts
11-05-2009, 12:07 AM
ZOMG, Patrick that would be amazing!!

Letti :cry: I thought you were a dead cert. Personally, if we had a UK meet up this year and then an international London gathering next year, I'd do both - so it's all good to me :)

If it ends up being UK-er's only, shall we meet somewhere more central than London? I'm South-West, but others like Alisha are more North.

Letti
11-05-2009, 12:24 AM
I would like to say that I am going to be there but.. life is so.. I don't know. Nothing is sure.
But I am almost sure I can do it. I am optimistic. :dance:

candy
11-07-2009, 02:40 AM
i can do either (flights to manchester/blackpool/liverpool / london all ) but its cheaper for me north. i can get a ferry to liverpool or heysham:grouphug:

Sickrose
11-07-2009, 03:59 AM
I am also in the north bue I am cental Manchester so its easy to get to other places. That is if noone minds a newbie tagging along.

candy
11-07-2009, 06:41 AM
I am also in the north bue I am cental Manchester so its easy to get to other places. That is if noone minds a newbie tagging along.

we were all newbies once (in fact i think i may still be classed as one?:couple:)

Brice
11-07-2009, 07:28 AM
I have been a newbie for several years now. :)

Letti
11-07-2009, 11:13 AM
newbie = new friend = happiness

Sickrose
11-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Aww thanks guys! Everyone is so nice on this site :)

DoctorDodge
11-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Well, i actually only live 1-2 hours from london by train, so it certainly shouldn't be a problem for me! Would be great to see all you guys who can make it!

Patrick
11-08-2009, 12:13 AM
One more reason my wife needs to go back to work. So I can afford to go to TDT-UK!

:lol:

Letti
11-08-2009, 12:29 AM
One more reason my wife needs to go back to work. So I can afford to go to TDT-UK!

:lol:

And what does she think about this reason? :D

Jon
11-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Sorry. Between medical bills for Misty and myself, I am flat broke.

wizardsrainbow
11-11-2009, 04:15 AM
I think I could come, provided I get some new source of income other than Betts Books. Want to come, would say it is 75% a go for me at this time.

Letti
11-11-2009, 09:17 AM
I think I could come, provided I get some new source of income other than Betts Books. Want to come, would say it is 75% a go for me at this time.

Oh, it would be so great to meet you.
First of all you are such a great person. Aaand secondly meeting you means meeting Callahan. ;)

stone, rose, unfound door
11-15-2009, 12:28 PM
I can't in June and before the end of March. Anytime after that's ok, as long as it's the week-end :)

Mordred Deschain
11-07-2010, 06:04 PM
So, with much potential planning to be done this is the official "Yes, I can come!/Woe is me, I can't make it!" thread.

Please specify in your post which month is best for you or whether you can be flexible about when you could attend, we will be basing the date on this information, so only post if you're reasonably sure you can come :)

I will post information on trains/buses to London from various UK locations and will also search for accomodation info. Anyone wanting to share rooms, offer lifts etc, also state that in your post. If members from outside the UK want to post flight details/prices, that'd be awesome.

Any further info you'd like to see, just ask. Nearer the time we could plan an itinary if people want to do particular activities, sight see etc.

Accomodation:

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/saver_search.php?search=&action=search&saverSearchType=rooms19&checkInDate=23%2F10%2F2009&locpostText=london
:(:cry:

Randall Flagg
11-08-2010, 12:31 PM
We will be archiving this thread soon.

Brainslinger
11-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Did they meet up in the end?