PDA

View Full Version : Papa Legba - Night Surf (Ishq Remix)

Gaberax
10-29-2009, 12:21 PM
School colors on our jackets, we rule o’er nations from on high
The temperature was excessive; as if stars of many worlds crowded the tortured sky.

To save some dollars, clumps of gold purchased their missiles; to this end these fellows did conspire.
Those born in later April thru the latter part of May, caught fish with webs of wire

The magicians used supernatural powers to scare tree-bound canines away
Carnivorous birds, times two, flew at us. Northern bears of horror were prowling, lynx from the USA.

Then Royalist supporters launched a disdainful attack from our left. The independent men of thought and action from six nations saved us in a brilliant charge coming from our right
Boot apparel was used to goad to action, though these men were trained to fight.

Wearing trousers ending at the knee, armed with tools to trim the hedge
Horses ran to set the race, metal cylinders moved up and down repeatedly along the outside edge

They served strange apples from New Zealand, the improvised music; nice and loud
The orchestra contained enough trombones to make dear, old Meredith proud.

Large wasps brought aggravation to the bulkers of the inland sea.
At the time I thought it all nonsense. Now it makes perfect sense to me.

John_and_Yoko
10-29-2009, 12:29 PM
You know, you and I should really collaborate on riddle projects together. :) Between your ability to create riddles and my ability to keep a consistent rhythm scheme, I think we can accomplish greatness.

Gaberax
10-29-2009, 06:06 PM
You know, you and I should really collaborate on riddle projects together. :) Between your ability to create riddles and my ability to keep a consistent rhythm scheme, I think we can accomplish greatness.

Yaiiiissss! My evil plan of WORLD Domination will then be within my reach. Bwhahahahaha!!!!! First the Riddles forum, then the whole web and finally....THE WORLD!!!! Bwhahahahahahaha! Bwhahahahaha! BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

John_and_Yoko
10-29-2009, 06:24 PM
:lol: Just put me in charge of language, dude. :P

Anyway, not sure of the answer here, although it sounds like it's talking about a war of some kind....

Some of it sounded a little like The Hobbit but I'm pretty sure that's not it....

Gaberax
10-29-2009, 06:32 PM
:lol: Just put me in charge of language, dude. :P

Anyway, not sure of the answer here, although it sounds like it's talking about a war of some kind....

Some of it sounded a little like The Hobbit but I'm pretty sure that's not it....

CORRECT! Hobbit is incorrect! :lol: BTW, check your private messages. ;)

P.S. "talking about a war" MISDIRECTION! :panic:

John_and_Yoko
10-29-2009, 07:05 PM
This is going to be completely grasping at straws at this point, but here goes....

:rose:

School colors on our jackets, we rule o’er nations from on high FLAGS?
The temperature was excessive; as if stars of many worlds crowded the tortured sky.

To save some dollars, clumps of gold purchased their missiles; to this end these fellows did conspire.
Those born in later April thru the latter part of May, caught fish with webs of wire

Carnivorous birds, times two, flew at us. Northern bears of horror were prowling, lynx from the USA.

Then Royalist supporters launched a disdainful attack from our left. (TORIES?) The independent men of thought and action from six nations saved us in a brilliant charge coming from our right
Boot apparel was used to goad to action, though these men were trained to fight. (SPUR?)

Wearing trousers ending at the knee, (BREECHES?) armed with tools to trim the hedge (CLIPPERS?)
Horses ran to set the race, metal cylinders moved up and down repeatedly along the outside edge (PISTONS?)

They served strange apples from New Zealand, the improvised music; nice and loud

That's all I can think of offhand and I have no idea if ANY of it is even on the right track....

Gaberax
10-30-2009, 03:56 AM
This is going to be completely grasping at straws at this point, but here goes....

:rose:

School colors on our jackets, we rule o’er nations from on high FLAGS?

Then Royalist supporters launched a disdainful attack from our left. (TORIES?) The independent men of thought and action from six nations saved us in a brilliant charge coming from our right
Boot apparel was used to goad to action, though these men were trained to fight. (SPUR?)
Wearing trousers ending at the knee, (BREECHES?) armed with tools to trim the hedge (CLIPPERS?)
Horses ran to set the race, metal cylinders moved up and down repeatedly along the outside edge (PISTONS?)

That's all I can think of offhand and I have no idea if ANY of it is even on the right track....

Yes, those marked in blue are correct. ***Waits for scales to fall from eyes***

Maturins_Daughter
10-30-2009, 03:58 AM
from what you've got there J&Y, I'd say Gabe is going for basketball team names... Spurs, Clippers, and Pistons are all team names.

As well as the nuggets for this one:

And heat for this one:

Maturins_Daughter
10-30-2009, 03:59 AM
Those born in later April thru the latter part of May, caught fish with webs of wire-- this is Taurus, so I'm going to go with the Bulls

The magicians used supernatural powers to scare tree-bound canines away -- magic

Maturins_Daughter
10-30-2009, 04:00 AM
Then Royalist supporters launched a disdainful attack from our left. (TORIES?) The independent men of thought and action from six nations saved us in a brilliant charge coming from our right -- the 76ers

Gaberax
10-30-2009, 04:25 AM
Then Royalist supporters launched a disdainful attack from our left. (TORIES?) The independent men of thought and action from six nations saved us in a brilliant charge coming from our right -- the 76ers

Slow down, you're gonna hurt yourself. :wtf: Some you have right and some...not so much. The damned riddle is chock-full of them.

Maturins_Daughter
10-30-2009, 05:18 AM
So which one's are right??

Gaberax
10-30-2009, 05:22 AM
So which one's are right??

The temperature was excessive HEAT; as if stars of many worlds crowded the tortured sky.

To save some dollars, clumps of gold NUGGETS purchased their missiles; to this end these fellows did conspire.
Those born in later April thru the latter part of May BULLS, caught fish with webs of wire

The magicians used supernatural powers MAGIC to scare tree-bound canines away

Then Royalist supporters launched a disdainful attack from our left. The independent men of thought and action from six nations saved us in a brilliant charge coming from our right
Boot apparel was used to goad to action SPURS, though these men were trained to fight.

Wearing trousers ending at the knee, armed with tools to trim the hedge CLIPPERS
Horses ran to set the race, metal cylinders moved up and down PISTONS repeatedly along the outside edge

Those in blue are right. Carry on, woman!!! :lol:

Maturins_Daughter
10-30-2009, 10:01 AM
The temperature was excessive HEAT; as if stars of many worlds crowded the tortured sky.

To save some dollars, clumps of gold NUGGETS purchased their missiles; to this end these fellows did conspire.
Those born in later April thru the latter part of May BULLS, caught fish with webs of wire nets?

The magicians used supernatural powers MAGIC to scare tree-bound canines away timberwolves
Carnivorous birds, times two raptors or seahawks?, flew at us. Northern bears of horror were prowling grizzlies?lynx from the USA. bobcats?

Boot apparel was used to goad to action SPURS, though these men were trained to fight.

Wearing trousers ending at the knee knicks?armed with tools to trim the hedge CLIPPERS
Horses ran to set the race, metal cylinders moved up and down PISTONS repeatedly along the outside edge

Gaberax
10-30-2009, 10:17 AM

Those born in later April thru the latter part of May BULLS, caught fish with webs of wire nets?YES!

The magicians used supernatural powers MAGIC to scare tree-bound canines away timberwolves YES
Carnivorous birds, times two raptors YES or seahawks? NO, wrong sport, flew at us. Northern bears of horror were prowling grizzlies? YES lynx from the USA. bobcats? YES

Wearing trousers ending at the knee knicks?YES armed with tools to trim the hedge CLIPPERS

Yes to most. No to one. ;)

Maturins_Daughter
10-30-2009, 10:34 AM
School colors on our jackets,BLAZERS we rule o’er nations from on high KINGS
The temperature was excessive HEAT; as if stars of many worlds crowded the tortured sky. SUNS

To save some dollars, clumps of gold NUGGETS purchased their missiles; ROCKETS to this end these fellows did conspire.
Those born in later April thru the latter part of May BULLS, caught fish with webs of wire nets?YES!

The magicians used supernatural powers MAGIC to scare tree-bound canines away timberwolves YES Carnivorous birds, times two raptors YES flew at us. Northern bears of horror were prowling grizzlies? YES lynx from the USA. bobcats? YES

Then Royalist supporters CAVALIERS?launched a disdainful attack from our left. The independent men of thought and action MAVERICKSfrom six nations saved us in a brilliant charge coming from our right
Boot apparel was used to goad to action SPURS, though these men were trained to fight. WARRIORS

Wearing trousers ending at the knee knicks?YES armed with tools to trim the hedge CLIPPERS
Horses ran to set the racePACERS, metal cylinders moved up and down PISTONS repeatedly along the outside edge

They served strange apples from New Zealand, the improvised music; nice and loud JAZZ?

Large wasps HORNETS brought aggravation to the bulkers of the inland sea.

And that's about all I can see right now... :)

Gaberax
10-30-2009, 10:40 AM
School colors on our jackets,BLAZERS YES we rule o’er nations from on high KINGS YES
The temperature was excessive HEAT; as if stars of many worlds crowded the tortured sky. SUNS YES

To save some dollars, clumps of gold NUGGETS purchased their missiles; ROCKETS YES to this end these fellows did conspire.

The magicians used supernatural powers MAGIC to scare tree-bound canines away timberwolves YES Carnivorous birds, times two raptors YES ? NO, wrong sport, flew at us. Northern bears of horror were prowling grizzlies? YES lynx from the USA. bobcats? YES

Then Royalist supporters CAVALIERS?YES launched a disdainful attack from our left. The independent men of thought and action MAVERICKS YES from six nations saved us in a brilliant charge coming from our right

Horses ran to set the race PACERS, YES metal cylinders moved up and down PISTONS repeatedly along the outside edge

They served strange apples from New Zealand, the improvised music; nice and loud JAZZ?YES

Large wasps HORNETS YES brought aggravation to the bulkers of the inland sea.

Yes, yes and yes. A couple more still lurking.

Maturins_Daughter
10-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Aaaand a few more that I just saw
To save some dollars, BUCKS
The magicians WIZARDS
the bulkers of the inland sea. LAKERS
The orchestra contained enough trombones SIXERS, WHO USED TO BE CALLED 76'ERS AS IN 76 TROMBONES LED THE BIG PARADE :LOL:
Carnivorous birds, times two SHOULD HAVE ALSO SAID "HAWKS" SINCE THE CLUE WAS TIMES 2
though these men were trained to fight. WARRIORS

Is there a New Zealand apple type called the Celtic?

IWasSentWest
10-30-2009, 10:52 AM
inland sea -lakers

IWasSentWest
10-30-2009, 10:56 AM
The orchestra contained enough trombones to make dear, old Meredith proud-thunder (thunder and lightning- brooks meredith)

IWasSentWest
10-30-2009, 10:57 AM
though these men were trained to fight-celtics?

IWasSentWest
10-30-2009, 10:58 AM
YES Carnivorous birds, times two raptors YES ? NO, wrong sport, flew at us - hawks (atlanta hawks, not seahawks! haha)

Gaberax
10-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Aaaand a few more that I just saw
To save some dollars, BUCKS
The magicians WIZARDS
the bulkers of the inland sea. LAKERS
The orchestra contained enough trombones SIXERS, WHO USED TO BE CALLED 76'ERS AS IN 76 TROMBONES LED THE BIG PARADE :LOL:
Carnivorous birds, times two SHOULD HAVE ALSO SAID "HAWKS" SINCE THE CLUE WAS TIMES 2
though these men were trained to fight. WARRIORS

Is there a New Zealand apple type called the Celtic? JAZZ

Excellent! :clap: A double-dribbling, free-throwing, fast-breaking goose to you! And a foul-line, sky-hook, at-the-buzzer goose to John_and_Yoko! Thanks for playing, all.

though these men were trained to fight-celtics? Actually, the clue for the Celtics was partially the "The independent men of thought and action from six nations" but hey, you got it!

Warm, goose nachos for Gingy! ;)

IWasSentWest
10-30-2009, 11:47 AM
maturin must have edited that post, because all that was not there when i posted! sorry for being redundant gaberax!

coulda sworn i had the thunder one <_< haha

Maturins_Daughter
10-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Yep, rather than post one right after another like I did earlier. I would post what I had, and then go back to the same post when I found another one. I didn't even see yours until I'd finished up.

Sorry for the mixup.

IWasSentWest
10-30-2009, 11:54 AM
nah it's fine! you did well :)

Jon
11-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Hmmm... I don't see the Pacers. Any horse reference?

Gaberax
11-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Hmmm... I don't see the Pacers. Any horse reference?

"Horses ran to set the race"

Horses ran to set the race, metal cylinders moved up and down repeatedly along the outside edge

Jon
11-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Sorry...I missed that.