PDA

View Full Version : Betts Books

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

biomieg
12-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Alan is right. By the way, the Shining is not a true 'long' proof.

Anyway, King's Doubleday's books are not his earliest writing IMO.

herbertwest
12-04-2011, 09:37 AM
None of us has the original "Slade". Bob has the Doubleday long proofs, but not the NEL ones.

FYI: There are 3 "Drums" with King content.
29 May 1964 Band Uniforms
27 Oct 1965 Codename Mousetrap
29 Jan 1966 The 43rd Dream

29 May 1964 Band Uniforms
Never heard about that one? Is it non fiction?

edit : found that
"“For Stephen King: The Non-Fiction, Rocky Wood and Justin Brooks hunted down 500-plus published articles and a handful of manuscripts, from sports writing and a high school newspaper piece on band uniforms to book introductions and controversial Bangor Daily News columns, and compiled them into an impressively weighty tome that any King completist would be thrilled to have on the shelf.” - Publishers Weekly"
http://www.horror.org/blog/?tag=stephen-king

Brice
12-04-2011, 05:49 PM
I could be mistaken, but I thought Bob was missing one of the long proofs.
Shannon
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/732/medium/doubledayproofs.jpg

Which one? We don't know that Carrie exists, do we?

You were right and no, we don't. I'll make my guess the long proofs with a long proof Carrie. If you're gonna' dream; might as well dream big. Ooh, a complete pre-Carrie collection.

wizardsrainbow
12-05-2011, 12:19 PM
I am hoping to post the item with pictures tomorrow.

wizardsrainbow
12-06-2011, 04:10 AM
I'm on my other job until at least 10am. It will almost certainly be afternoon when I post the item.

wizardsrainbow
12-06-2011, 10:38 AM
For SALE and for your viewing pleasure is the following incredibly unique, one-of-a-kind Stephen King collectible: The ONLY complete set of Comics Review fanzine. This three issue publication (it was cancelled after the third issue) contains the Stephen King story "I Was A Teenage Grave Robber," widely recognized as the actual first published work by Stephen King. The story ran about 6,000 words in length over the three issues. Only 20-25 copies were made. This set comes with a signed Letter of Authenticity from Comics Review Editor Mick Garret who states that to his knowledge this is the only known surviving set of all three issues.

The owner of this AMAZING and RARE King collectible had a custom case made to house the three issues (pictured). There are three shelves inside this case which securely house each issue.

This set is being auctioned off to the highest bidder over the set floor price of $10,000.

You may submit your highest bid to me (silent auction) by E-MAIL ONLY at david@bettsbooks.com. I will accept bids until next Monday, December 12 at 12 noon (12/12 12:00 noon). I will not tell you if you have the highest bid. Each of the issues are in at least Near Fine condition. This collectible has been well cared for over the years. NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO OWN A PIECE A KING HISTORY: THE ONLY KNOWN COMPLETE SET OF COMICS REVIEW THAT CONTAINS KING'S 1ST PUBLISHED WORK!!

Pictures up at Betts Books.

jhanic
12-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Bob was right, as usual!

Out of my price range, so good luck to whoever gets them!

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Glad to see its being sold in a "Silent Auction". This gives everyone a chance, not just a few select friends.

biomieg
12-06-2011, 12:12 PM
An amazing collectible/set of collectibles, for sure. And I think it's great to see that even ephemeral stuff like this turns up every now and then.

Ari_Racing
12-06-2011, 12:47 PM
WOW. I'm completely speechless.

sgc1999
12-06-2011, 12:59 PM
i entered once and got one:)

58 times and only got three!?! Amazing!

John

Randall Flagg
12-06-2011, 04:09 PM
It will never garner 10K. Good luck David.

Ari_Racing
12-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Really? I think it'll probably go for 12-15 K.

Shannon
12-06-2011, 04:33 PM
I think it will sell with the minimum price of $10,000, especially with all the losers from the Lettered Firestarter auction having money in their pockets to burn, lol.

Brice
12-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Damn! I'm only short by about 10 or so grand.

biomieg
12-07-2011, 01:34 AM
$10,000 is a lot of money but it really is a one-of-a-kind set. It can't be compared at all to a S/L in terms of production values but it's very desirable on other levels, just like a 'Salem's Lot 1st state DJ, for example.

I think it will sell and I hope it ends up in the collective Calvin's Corner collection.

Randall Flagg
12-07-2011, 07:00 AM
For David's sake, I hope it sells too. It is just a bit mind boggling.

Patrick
12-07-2011, 04:33 PM
... I hope it ends up in the collective Calvin's Corner collection.
Hear, hear!

Brice
12-08-2011, 04:35 AM
WAY out of my league, but it's a fantastically cool item.

wizardsrainbow
12-12-2011, 08:32 AM
ONLY A HALF HOUR TO GO FOLKS!

Brice
12-12-2011, 08:34 AM
David, I'm about 10 grand short. Can we work out payments? I'm willing to commit to my greatgrandkids being indentured towards this.

wizardsrainbow
12-12-2011, 09:05 AM
SOLD!!!

The Comics Review item has been sold and it is staying in the "family"

LostAlivE
12-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Well David how much did it go for I know everyone is dying to know so I'll ask?

wizardsrainbow
12-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Until I hear from the winner that I can share such info, I will tell you that it went for over the minimum $10,000 and not by just a little bit.

CRinVA
12-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Just Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jhanic
12-12-2011, 09:44 AM
WOW!! Congratulations to both the seller, you and the new owner!

John

Pasiuk57
12-12-2011, 10:14 AM
David
congrats!! Wish it was me but nope sadly...

Randall Flagg
12-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Until I hear from the winner that I can share such info, I will tell you that it went for over the minimum $10,000 and not by just a little bit.
I guess I'll have to eat my hat for predicting it wouldn't go for 10K.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-12-2011, 12:02 PM

There might have been only one bid.

biomieg
12-12-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm glad it sold and I'm very glad it 'stays in the family', as David put it. Well done, whoever you are! Congratulations.

Pasiuk57
12-12-2011, 12:48 PM
It is not every day you see something like that appear-long since thought not around any more....

Sir_Boomme
12-12-2011, 01:10 PM
so....Bob... how much did you pay for it... ha ha....

(I'd be really surprise if it wasn't Bob...)

Patrick
12-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Congrats to both the seller and the buyer!

Brice
12-12-2011, 02:13 PM
What if anything King related is in them other than I Was A Teenage Graverobber?

Randall Flagg
12-12-2011, 04:52 PM

There might have been only one bid.
Yes, but if the "floor" was 10K I imagine it sold for at least that.

AKC
12-12-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm going to guess $12,500.

And, it wasn't me.....

AKC

carlosdetweiller
12-12-2011, 07:00 PM
It was my good fortune to be the winner of this "silent auction." I've known that this set of Comics Review existed since 2001. I exchanged a few e-mails with the owner, he sent me photos but was not interested in selling at that time. A couple of months ago we were reunited in cyberspace by Rocky Wood. He was interested in selling and was exploring options to reach the best audience and, hopefully, get the most interest and bids. I suggested he contact David at Betts before making a final decision and I was happy to see that it worked out in that David did the sale/auction.

I wanted this set pretty badly and had so for several years. This isn't the greatest timing for me to make a large purchase but I thought this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I needed to find a way to step up to the plate and get it done. I was very happy when I heard from David that my bid was successful. One more hole in the collection filled. Now if I could just find that darned tall proof of CARRIE!

The Library Policeman
12-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Awesome, Bob. Congratulations!

AKC
12-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Absolutely awesome....

Congratulations!

AKC

TwistedNadine
12-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Congratulations!! One of my Holy Grails. Im very envious and agree it is a once in a lifetime opportunity, Carlos

Brice
12-12-2011, 07:12 PM
It was my good fortune to be the winner of this "silent auction." I've known that this set of Comics Review existed since 2001. I exchanged a few e-mails with the owner, he sent me photos but was not interested in selling at that time. A couple of months ago we were reunited in cyberspace by Rocky Wood. He was interested in selling and was exploring options to reach the best audience and, hopefully, get the most interest and bids. I suggested he contact David at Betts before making a final decision and I was happy to see that it worked out in that David did the sale/auction.

I wanted this set pretty badly and had so for several years. This isn't the greatest timing for me to make a large purchase but I thought this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I needed to find a way to step up to the plate and get it done. I was very happy when I heard from David that my bid was successful. One more hole in the collection filled. Now if I could just find that darned tall proof of CARRIE!

Do you believe there is one?

Congratulations Bob! (there would probably be a smilie here, but I know you don't like them)

Shannon
12-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Congratulations my friend. Would you consider this item to be in your top five? Or is it a "Eh, glad I finally have it ... next!" item? :)

oy-the-brave
12-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Congrats Bob :thumbsup: very nice.

Fsmdr
12-12-2011, 10:27 PM
A very big congratulations to you, Bob!. Curious if there is a date of publication on these?. Or approximate period?.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Congratulations Bob. That's a great addition to your collection.

Patrick
12-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Congrats, Bob!

olverts
12-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Congratulations Bob !

biomieg
12-13-2011, 12:39 AM
Congratulations, Bob! This set couldn't have found a better home.

Tito_Villa
12-13-2011, 12:52 AM
Congrats Bob, a great buy!!!

carlosdetweiller
12-13-2011, 02:52 AM
A very big congratulations to you, Bob!. Curious if there is a date of publication on these?. Or approximate period?.

1965. But I'm not certain that it is stated as such in each issue. I'll have to see.

Thanks to all for the congratulations!

Pasiuk57
12-13-2011, 04:45 AM
Bob
A GREAT item to have in the collection for sure.....
Nice Job!

CRinVA
12-13-2011, 05:59 AM
Just wow - an awesome collection just gets better and better!

Congrats Bob

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-13-2011, 07:09 AM
1965. But I'm not certain that it is stated as such in each issue. I'll have to see.

The dates are on the pictures posted at Betts. Looks like June 1964 on issue #2. The letter says 1964.

Sir_Boomme
12-13-2011, 08:02 AM
WOOOW! I'm sooooo surprise it was BOB who won this.... ha ha ha...

Congrads Bob.... glad to see you got it.... I was going to give you a run for the money.... if it hadn't just happened to show up for sale after I just last week plopped 20+ grand down on a new truck (my christmas gift to myself)

had I known last week... I'd have just stuck with my old 97 dodge and gotten in the mix for this one.

Congrads Dude!!!!! Merry Christmas.... now hurry up and post the damn pictures of these prettys in their new home (I'm sure you'll be displaying them appropriately - given their status)
and... don't forget to update your will - it's terry newsom - no "e" at the end)

Ari_Racing
12-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Congratulations!!! What an awesome purchase! :)

carlosdetweiller
12-13-2011, 08:36 AM

The dates are on the pictures posted at Betts. Looks like June 1964 on issue #2. The letter says 1964.

Thanks! As soon as I typed "1965" I thought to myself that it didn't sound right and meant to double check but didn't get around to it.

jhanic
12-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Wonderful, Bob. I don't really think anyone here was surprised (too much, at least) that you were the winner.

John

carlosdetweiller
12-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Wonderful, Bob. I don't really think anyone here was surprised (too much, at least) that you were the winner.

I'm a little surprised myself. As I said earlier in this thread, the time was really not right for me to make a big purchase. Chris Cavalier and I talked last week and I told him that I didn't think I would place a bid. Then the whole "once-in-a-lifetime" thing started me to think that I should at least take a stab at it. I'm also surprised that some other collector didn't outbid me. I thought my bid had about a 50/50 chance of winning. In the end I think I did the right thing and don't think I will look back with any regret.

herbertwest
12-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Congratulations Bob!

sentinel
12-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Congratulations Bob! Glad you picked it up. I thought hard about it......

Brice
12-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Bob, now has three comics that might be worth more than everything I own in the world combined. :lol:

Sir_Boomme
12-14-2011, 06:54 AM
I think Bob might have gotten out cheap... it's the wrong time of year to sale something this big.... with christmas budgets.... like I said... had I not just paid cash for a new truck.... a christmas present to myself....

it's good to be Bob....:cool:

carlosdetweiller
12-14-2011, 08:13 AM
I think Bob might have gotten out cheap...

I think so too, relatively speaking.

Cook
12-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Congratulations Bob,
Very impressive addition.

Johnny007
12-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Congratulations, Bob -- if I may. It's great that you could fill one of the few holes you might still have!

Johnny007
12-15-2011, 11:15 AM
David -- Thanks for the biographical information on your site. Well done! Another U of A alum done good, lol!!!! Please keep those cool SK items coming in 2012....and please make sure they get here before the Mayan calendar claims the end of the world!

Ben Staad
12-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Bob, now has three comics that might be worth more than everything I own in the world combined. :lol:

I just spent the last few hours (minutes) tabulating my net worth and I concur with Brice :)

Brice
12-15-2011, 08:35 PM
:lol:

Roseannebarr
12-15-2011, 10:57 PM
David, I like your story so i posted it here! i hope you dont mind --- because i know you will change your website sooner or later! I like archived history.

David wrote on his website -----
I get questions all the time from you, loyal customers, about my background/history. As all of you are King lovers, I'll share some of my history with you. It is nothing close to a Stephen King novel, but it is MY story nevertheless.

I am 52 years of age and was born in Des Moines Iowa. My parents are now both deceased (I lost my mother this past June) but I have an older brother and younger sister. We moved briefly to Chagrin Falls Ohio and then on to Chatham New Jersey. In third grade, we moved back to Ohio...a small town called Celina. I was a good student and involved in many extra-curricular activities, but baseball (playing...was always my passion). I played various positions all through high school, mainly pitcher, second base and third base. My first job was as a paperboy, delivering the daily newspaper after school on my bicycle to my customers. In high school, I worked at the local IGA (I gyp anybody) supermarket as a bagger/stocker.

I considered several universities and settled on Drake University (in Des Moines) as they were one of the few schools in the country that had a combined Accounting/Actuarial Science major...and my grandparents still lived there, providing me with family close by. At Drake, I soon decided Actuarial Science was not my cup of tea so I became a Finance major as I had always been interested in the stock market. At Drake, I was also a Resident Assistant in my dorm and then became a founding member (and later President) of the local Sigma Chi fraternity. It was in the fraternity that I ended up meeting my future wife...although she was my roommate's girlfriend at the time!

After Drake, I took a job as a Group Manager of Housewares/Linens at Gimbel's Department store in Milwaukee Wisconsin. I eventually became Assistant Buyer of the Toy Department after about 6 months. Well, retail turned out to be long hours and short on pay so I applied to graduate schools, got accepted at the University of Arizona and departed the frigid winter climate of Wisconsin for Arizona. I worked my butt off at UofA and received a Masters of Science degree in Finance in 1 1/2 years. In my last year there, I student taught a beginning Finance class and co-authored an article with my professor Eric Sorensen that was published in the Financial Analysts Journal in 1984...the article was about Dividend Discount Models. After graduation, I landed a job as a Research Analyst with a small OTC broker on Wall Street called Baird Patrick & Sons. I lived in Union New Jersey and commuted by train into the World Trade Center. While working in New York, I began courting my former Sigma Chi roomate's girlfriend. At about the time that she enrolled in grad school at Boston University, I took a new Analyst job (retail and consumer sector was my specialty) with Advest Inc. in Hartford CT. I moved to CT. We got married in the fall of 1989 at a small country inn in South Woodstock Vermont. We have three children.

After 5 years working in Hartford, I took a new job with Swiss American Securities (a unit of Credit Suisse) in midtown New York City. I worked for Swiss American for about 15 years, initially as the Consumer sector analyst but then for the last 7 years as Director of Research. It was during this time that my personal collection of Stephen King books took off. Like all of you, I started small....but one thing led to another and then it became signed books, and signed limited editions....well many of you can identify with that story! I was fortunate to have a great paying job that could fund my interest (well, addiction if the truth is to be told) in Stephen King. Then in late 2004, Credit Suisse decided that they wanted to create a brand new research unit to analyze the US markets for their Private Banking clients, so I created Credit Suisse Research US and headed up that new unit for them. Well, we were doing fine until the markets/economy hit the fan in 2008. At that point, Credit Suisse, looking to cut overhead, decided it was going to provide its US research out of Zurich, not the US, so my entire unit was closed down in spring 2009. So, after 18 years with Credit Suisse, I found myself without a job for the first time in my life. Job hunting was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life...and especially in 2009/2010 hiring in the Financial arena was just horrid.

While looking for a job in late summer/early autumn of 2009, Stu Tinker announced that he was giving up running Betts. I spoke to Stu who knew me for more than a decade as a customer of Betts, I spoke to my wife/family and decided that with my knowledge of the King market, collectors etc. that I would be a great caretaker for Betts. So I bought Betts from Stu in late 2009. Truthfully, Betts is a pretty small business and is not anywhere near big enough to support a family if 5 in CT, so my "real" job search continued. Finally, in October 2010 I landed a Supervisory Analyst position with a New York City brokerage firm, so I work the night shift (Midnight to about 10am), but at least I get to work from home. Still, between the full time SA job, Betts and family time, there is not much extra time in my life.

So, that's an outline of my life. Betts is by far the most fun job I've ever had and I continue to value and enjoy my contact with each of you.

I wish all of you and your families a happy and peaceful holiday season. Thank you for your continuing support of Betts Books.

Your Caretaker,

David

Shannon
12-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Don'tcha know David doesn't change the website? He just adds to it. :)

Brice
12-16-2011, 07:08 PM
David has more willpower than me. I'd have bought Betts and just incorporated EVERYTHING into my collection. :lol:

Seriously, that was a pretty entertaining read.

Cook
12-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Is Betts changing it's Website?
God I hope so, no offense David, I know you didn't design it but seriously... website development is really not that hard anymore.
I hardly go there, I can't tell what's new or old, just seems to be confusing.
Also pictures really close the deal for me, when's the last time anybody ever bought from feebay sight unseen?
I'm sure somebody here can help you.
Please please don't be offended, no disrespect intended.

Don'tcha know David doesn't change the website? He just adds to it. :)

Shannon
12-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Someone is redesigning the website, I can't remember who.

I like the picture idea also (like each item would have a link to a picture), but David is already one busy s.o.b., you know?

Randall Flagg
12-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Ari is working on it.

Ari_Racing
12-18-2011, 08:28 PM
The truth is that the website is ready (the design), but I was unable to have the database updated and converted from it's current format (html).

I really hope to have it ready before the end of the year.

Merlin1958
12-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Ari, is "Da Man"!!!!!!!!

Jimimck
12-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Looking forward to it Ari!

Patrick
12-18-2011, 11:15 PM
An easer-to-use website would certainly increase the frequency of my visits.

herbertwest
12-19-2011, 01:03 AM
The truth is that the website is ready (the design), but I was unable to have the database updated and converted from it's current format (html).

I really hope to have it ready before the end of the year.

:clap:

Ricky
12-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Same goes for me, Patrick.

wizardsrainbow
01-06-2012, 09:01 AM
ATTENTION!

****THE SPECIAL REMARQUED BOOKS I HAVE LONG SOUGHT HAVE ARRIVED!

I WILL HAVE 7 DAVE MCKEAN REMARQUED COPIES OF 1ST EDITION WIZARD & GLASS FOR SALE! DAVE HAS REMARQUED A TOTAL OF 15 BOOKS AND IS NOT PLANNING TO DO ANY MORE. PEOPLE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET DAVE TO REMARQUE OR EVEN JUST SIGN W&G COPIES FOR YEARS AND HE HAS REFUSED. MY SOURCE, A UK RARE BOOK DEALER FINALLY GOT DAVE TO AGREE TO DO A FEW COPIES. HE DID 7 A COUPLE MONTHS AGO AND MY UK FRIEND SOLD THEM ALL IN JUST A FEW HOURS.

DAVE AGREED TO DO ONE MORE SMALL PROJECT, SO I SHIPPED BRAND NEW STILL SHRINKWRAPPED COPIES OF W&G TO MY UK FRIEND. WHAT I HAVE TO SELL ARE 5 OF MY OWN COPIES AND 2 THAT A FRIEND (WHO GOT IN ON THE FIRST BATCH) HAS DECIDED TO SELL RATHER THAN KEEP. THIS MAY BE YOUR ONLY CHANCE TO OWN SUCH A RARE AND BEAUTIFUL DARK TOWER COLLECTIBLE! IT IS VERY UNLIKLY THAT DAVE WILL DO ANY MORE (I AM GETTING A COUPLE JUST SIGNED, NOT REMARQUED, COPIES SOON THOUGH)

TO BE FAIR AND TO GIVE EVERYONE A CHANCE, I AM GOING TO POST THE IMAGES AT 12 NOON SATURDAY MORNING (TOMORROW)...THIS WILL GIVE CUSTOMERS IN THE US, EUROPE AND ASIA A SIMILAR CHANCE TO PURCHASE ONE OF THESE BOOKS.

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT OVER THE YEARS I HAVE BEEN ASKED COUNTLESS TIMES TO TRY TO GET MCKEAN SIGNED OR REMARQUED BOOKS...I TRULY BELIEVE THAT THIS IS YOUR ONE AND ONLY CHANCE TO OWN ONE OF THESE.

ALL REMARQUES ARE IMAGES OF ROLAND OF GILEAD, DAVE MCKEAN STYLE.

REMARQUE IMAGES WILL BE POSTED AND NUMBERED AT 12 NOON SATURDAY MORNING. YOU MAY NOT PUT AN ORDER IN NOW. ORDERS WILL BE FILLED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS BEGINNING AT 12 NOON. PLEASE ORDER ONLY BY THE NUMBER ASSOCIATED WITH EACH REMARQUE. YOU MAY GIVE ME A FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD CHOICE. IN THE EVENT THAT YOUR FIRST CHOICE IS SOLD ALREADY, I WILL TRY TO FILL YOUR ORDER WITH CHOICE NUMBER TWO, THREE ETC.

PRICING WILL BE DISCLOSED WITH THE IMAGES. ALL REMARQUES WILL BE THE SAME PRICE. AS I CONSIDER MYSELF SOMETHING OF A REMARQUE EXPERT (I HAVE OVER 50 REMARQUED BOOKS IN MY PERSONAL COLLECTION) I ALSO KNOW QUITE WELL THE VALUE OF REMARQUES AS IT PERTAINS TO DETAIL, RARITY, ARTIST ETC. I ASSURE YOU THAT THESE REMARQUES WILL BE AT A FAIR PRICE BASED ON THE VARIABLES I HAVE MENTIONED. AS FAR AS I KNOW, THESE ARE 7 of ONLY ROUGHLY 15 THAT EXIST IN THE WORLD AND I DO NOT BELIEVE THERE WILL BE ANY MORE!!

SO...BE HERE TOMORROW AT NOON (EAST COAST TIME). YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS EVENT!

Fsmdr
01-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Very cool, David!. We are looking forward to seeing it!.

AKC
01-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Here is 1 of the 15 David references currently FOR SALE on ABE.....

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=6023351072&searchurl=an%3DStephen%2Bking%26sortby%3D1%26tn%3D Wizard%2Band%2Bglass%26x%3D0%26y%3D0

AKC

wizardsrainbow
01-07-2012, 08:06 AM
I will try to post the images here folks, but understand I have to run Betts first and will be at the ready for emails (hoping I get some!) Images may not get posted here until after the fact.

If you are at all interested in this project, you MUST respond to me at david@bettsbooks.com and view images on my inventory page. I can't be flicking back and forth here looking for PM offers...just so you know...not trying to exclude anyone here.

tippy4
01-07-2012, 09:01 AM
They are cool, but out of my price range.

I like #3 the best.

I would have preferred this style of illustration of the ones that McKean actually did for W&G.

chrise
01-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Those look great!
Although that does seem like a large increase from a few months ago when Analecta sold some of the same ones for just over $500.

http://www.analectabooks.com/stephen-king--wizard-and-glass-signed-first-edition.html

Cook
01-07-2012, 09:06 AM
wizardsrainbow... David,

Is this A Haven Foundation Charity event?
Sorry, I guess I should ask if any of the proceeds are going to the Haven Foundation?

I will try to post the images here folks, but understand I have to run Betts first and will be at the ready for emails (hoping I get some!) Images may not get posted here until after the fact.

If you are at all interested in this project, you MUST respond to me at david@bettsbooks.com and view images on my inventory page. I can't be flicking back and forth here looking for PM offers...just so you know...not trying to exclude anyone here.

Randall Flagg
01-07-2012, 09:08 AM
W&G 1 (Sold)
http://www.bettsbooks.com/art/WAG%20Remarque%201.JPG
W&G2
http://www.bettsbooks.com/art/WAG%20Remarque%202.JPG
W&G 3(Sold) and 4
http://www.bettsbooks.com/art/WAG%20Remarque%203.JPG http://www.bettsbooks.com/art/WAG%20Remarque%204.JPG
W&G 5 and 6 (Sold)
http://www.bettsbooks.com/art/WAG%20Remarque%205.JPG http://www.bettsbooks.com/art/WAG%20Remarque%206.JPG
W&G7
http://www.bettsbooks.com/art/WAG%20Remarque%207.JPG

WeDealInLead
01-07-2012, 09:10 AM
VERY nice looking sketches. Way overpriced for what you get though. Sure a McKean sketch is hard to find but that's IMO the only thing these books have going for them... scarcity.

tippy4
01-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Three sold already.

Nobody wants the four "profile shots" as a first choice it would seem.

George at C-Springs
01-07-2012, 09:15 AM
I like 1 and 6, but only because I'm a Clint Eastwood fan. That is Clint, right? Well, except for the sunglasses in 6, I'm pretty sure Clint never wore them. And 3 looks for all the world like an Italian gondoliere with a gun in his hand!

I'm just not a big McKean fan. I don't really think much of an artist who doesn't respond to people who want to see and buy more of his work (doesn't make a lot of sense), but beyond that I'm just not a fan of his style. Sorry David, but for almost $1k (!) I could have another absolutely phenomenal Ned Dameron, in full color with astonishing detail and obvious time and effort put into the work by the artist. For what I see here from McKean, I'd never have gone higher than $250 IMHO. That being said, I'm sure they will sell and wish you good luck ... but I'll save my $$$$ for some of your other items.

mistercrowley
01-07-2012, 09:18 AM
I just don't like his style at all

tippy4
01-07-2012, 09:19 AM
I like 1 and 6, but only because I'm a Clint Eastwood fan. That is Clint, right? Well, except for the sunglasses in 6, I don't think Clint ever wore them. And 3 looks for all the world like an Italian gondoliere with a gun in his hand!

I don't think it was supposed to be Eastwood, but I agree with you 100% on the sunglasses.....bad choice on adding them IMO.

#2 and #4 and #5 are virtually the same drawing.

WeDealInLead
01-07-2012, 09:20 AM
I know I'm in the minority but I really like his style, the combo of photography, computer manipulation and painting.

tippy4
01-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Four sold now.

I would say that David priced them just right.

Room 217 Caretaker
01-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Four sold now.

I would say that David priced them just right.

Exactly. Being the proud owner of one (it took me years to obtain it), I think he is right on. Anyone attacking David over the price, how in the world can you compare artist. They are each there own. This is Dave McKean, and what he can do with a brush pen is outstanding. I just can't compare artist, I look at each one for what they do and how they use talent.

I've seen basic Whelan pen art sell for over $1000.

Mulleins

tippy4
01-07-2012, 09:39 AM
My prediction is that when Lilja and The Collector send out their next newsletter, they will all be gone.

WeDealInLead
01-07-2012, 09:45 AM
I didn't see a single attack on David so far.

Room 217 Caretaker
01-07-2012, 10:02 AM

Bullshit

Quote from post 843 "Sorry David, but for almost $1k"

That may how he expresses his opinion but again, who are we to say what the right price is?

My biggest complaint for this website and the members here, we are quick to attack over a selling price. This all maybe coming out wrong in my post, but this isn't the first time members are called out for making money on a sale. Maybe it's all just starting to get to me.

Yes, someone pissed in my cornflakes this morning.

Mulleins

tippy4
01-07-2012, 10:09 AM

Bullshit

Quote from post 843 "Sorry David, but for almost $1k"

That may be how he expresses his opinion but again, who are we to say what the right price is?

My biggest complaint for this website and the members here, we are quick to attack over a selling price. This all maybe coming out wrong in my post, but this isn't the first time members are called out for making money on a sale. Maybe it's all just starting to get to me.

Yes, someone pissed in my cornflakes this morning.

Mulleins

I don't know if I agree with the word "attacking", but there has been some grief given about the price.

Ralph is right in that there have been some members here that love to give other members shit about selling their items at a profit (I have been on the receiving end of those attacks a couple of times), but it is better than it used to be.

And Ralph...for God's sake, don't eat those cornflakes! :emot-roflolmao:

Cook
01-07-2012, 10:10 AM
I think I like #7 (the last one) the best of all,
It looks the closest to Roland (of the 7)

Tony
01-07-2012, 10:16 AM
I think sellers should be allowed to sell whatever they like at whatever price they like without any grief - simply let the market decide what's fair. If you don't like it, speak with your wallet and simply don't buy.

Stockerlone
01-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Nice Remarques........
(analectabooks- Stephen King : Wizard and Glass - signed and remarqued by Dave McKean - SOLD OUT)

AKC
01-07-2012, 10:55 AM
I bought # 3.....

Given the scarcity, I'd have paid more.....

THANK YOU DAVID!

AKC

wizardsrainbow
01-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Everyone has different tastes, I get and respect that. I think Ralph summed things up well several posts above...McKean is not only super scarce, but his style and use of brush pen are what make him unique. Based on what I paid and what I think these are worth, I am trying to take anyone to the cleaners.

frik
01-07-2012, 11:14 AM
I think sellers should be allowed to sell whatever they like at whatever price they like without any grief - simply let the market decide what's fair. If you don't like it, speak with your wallet and simply don't buy.

My sentiments exactly, Tony. I'm just glad McKean's illustrations don't appeal to me whatsoever (although Wizard and Glass is my favorite DT by far), so I'm not even tempted to buy. Others are, and have; good for them!

sk

George at C-Springs
01-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Mulleins, I wasn't attacking David at all, hence "IMHO", "good luck", and "I'll save my $$$$ for some of your other items". I've bought many things from Betts in the past and I'm sure I'll buy many more ... but these won't be one of them.

A wise man once told me that remarques are art, you either like the art or you don't, and you buy it if you like it. For me, I just don't like these remarques. I don't think they do justice to Roland's character at all (sunglasses? goatee? turkey neck?). If anything, they fit my image of one of the Big Coffin Hunters. More than that, I don't like the brush style, or the fact that it looks like he could have whipped one of these out in a minute or so. Granted, remarqes are supposed to be simple sketches added for a personal touch to a book, but I appreciate the artists who put time and effort into their works. Maybe I've been spoiled by Dameron and Chong and such, but that's the art that I like. Like you said, you can't compare artists.

I was on website at revealing, had an e-mail ready on the second computer, and had my choice of all of the remarques because none had sold yet. It took me all of three seconds of scrolling to decide that I really wasn't interested, but knowing the scarcity of his work thought I.d get one if not priced over $250 ... and then I scrolled up, saw the price, thought "you have GOT to be kidding me", closed and came over here.

So, in closing .. no attack, good on ya, Roland looks like Clint, save my $$$ for another day!

tippy4
01-07-2012, 11:15 AM
I bought # 3.....

Given the scarcity, I'd have paid more.....

THANK YOU DAVID!

AKC
#3 was my favorite...I almost sent in an email asking to buy it....almost.

Congrats!

wizardsrainbow
01-07-2012, 11:20 AM
I do not feel attacked....like I said, I respect people's opinion on style, price, artist. Like someone said...if you do not like it don't buy it...no skin off my nose to be sure. I am quite pleased with 4 of 7 sold in less than two hours and I have a buyer that may well pick up a second at the end of the day if any are left.

I thank you all for your support (and to my buddy Jerome for posting the images here)...this IS a discussion board, so I enjoy the chatter about these.

Stockerlone
01-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Everyone has different tastes, I get and respect that. I think Ralph summed things up well several posts above...McKean is not only super scarce, but his style and use of brush pen are what make him unique. Based on what I paid and what I think these are worth, I am trying to take anyone to the cleaners.

I like this ´brush pen style´ very much one of my preferred artists Reinhard Kleist draws the same style.
If I had the necessary money, i would have bought a book. Beautiful !!!

Cook
01-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Did you forget the word "NOT" ??
LOL that's funny LOL

George at C-Springs
01-07-2012, 11:33 AM
All publicity is good publicity, right David? :-)

Sir_Boomme
01-07-2012, 12:17 PM
well... I definitely hope david sells them all - and he's entitled to whatever he can get for them.

that said... they're to Picasso-ish for my taste -
to be completely truthful, they look alot like the 2 to 5 minute india ink poses (warm up exercises) I did in my first year drawing classes at U.T. (back in the late 70's)...except, I personally liked mine better.

of course - I prefer a dali over a picasso myself... but the picasso's sale for more.

and...that also said...
If you like em... buy them and enjoy them fully.
and David deserves whatever the market allows.

Rahfa
01-07-2012, 12:23 PM
LOL that's funny LOL

Haha...yeah, it was a Freudian slip, right?

These are pricey - but that's what collectible art costs. I am not an art or remarque collector, so I really don't know if this is the right/wrong price or what...but they are the first remarques for this book he's done in 15 years - that's a pretty legit collectible item.

I think selling prices rub people the wrong way when the book/art or whatever just got past the initial onsale....so people who are disappointed about missing out then have to see people who were lucky flip the book for big profits....so it's natural to be both frustrated AND jealous. I do think that if people waited a little while to try and resell, or just kept it to ebay, it would reduce any 'attacks' to very few (and there aren't that many, anyway).

In art's case, there's NO upside to selling cheap - they can't be replaced. So $950 sounds good to me. If the price is too high, they go unsold.

Sir_Boomme
01-07-2012, 12:28 PM
though Picasso had various styles - these are a couple of his from the period that remind my of the McKeans

oh yeah, and they're worth LOTS of money now... (it's all in the name behind the drawing)
http://www.crywalt.com/blog/images/20091104/quixote.jpg
http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/ESC/PP861.jpg

wizardsrainbow
01-07-2012, 12:32 PM
LOL that's funny LOL

LOL...YES forgot the NOT.....OMG what an ommission!

wizardsrainbow
01-07-2012, 02:14 PM
I'll share this one (drools)....this McKean remarque was given to my UK buddy who got these done. Now THAT is Clint Eastwood

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/8183636_orig_1_.jpg

George at C-Springs
01-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Ha! Outlaw Josey Wales unless I'm mistaken, one of my favorite movies. He's even wearing the serape! See, now in that context I really like this sketch! Too funny. Thanks for sharing that David.

sgc1999
01-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Ha! Outlaw Josey Wales unless I'm mistaken, one of my favorite movies. See, now in that context I really like this sketch! Too funny. Thanks for sharing that David.
"in these parts here you gotta be able to sing the yellow rose of texas, and dixie land with equel enthusiasm..." great movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Patrick
01-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Congrats on the sale going so well, Dave. My favorite, by far, is the one he did for your buddy.

wizardsrainbow
01-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Me too brother Patrick! I was all over that one by email until I looked more closely and saw Dave dedicated it "To Steve" My heart kinda went thud!

wizardsrainbow
01-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Also...coming VERY soon....existing consigneee gave me some new listings.......OLD SK books, inscribed....some nice ones. Won't want to miss these!

wizardsrainbow
01-07-2012, 04:16 PM
And while I'm on a roll posting to the site today.....

I know many of you are curious about Betts, is it profitable, etc.

When I bought it from Stu and I looked at his historical P&Ls, I clearly saw that sales and profits were in a steady decline in every year since he posted the Supercollection....and I mean like 20% drops per year after year after year. Still, I was without a job at the time. I decided that my strategy would differ from Stu's. I always thought Stu's prices were on the high side and looking at his sales/net income ratio, his net margin was fairly impressive. My strategy was clear to me....as a collector myself I KNOW that feeling of finding a book I wanted at a DECENT price, so it was easy for me to go with the primary goal of (1) getting books to people who really wanted them and (2) profits, while important, were secondary. My love of collecting mandated that I help people first...doing so would lead me to profits.

2010 was my first full year as Caretaker (I bought Betts in December 2009). My 1st year sales were 3x what Stu did in 2009, but I'd say my profits were about equal to his. 2011 proved to be a weird year...strong in the early months but DEAD DEAD DEAD June-August and strong in the fall. I came close to equaling 2010 sales and profits were a bit shy as well. Suffice it to say, that if I had to support my family of 5 on what I make at Betts, I would truely be under the poverty level. That's why I must work another full time job...and believe me, Betts itself is a full time job, but it IS BY FAR THE MOST FUN I'VE EVER HAD IN A JOB.

So I am telling you all this just so that you have a better understanding of Betts. I don't always respond to your emails as quickly as either you or I like, but I try very hard to be the best caretaker/service provider that I can, while balancing the time commitments of another full time job as well as be a good father and husband to my family. It's a stressful life. but overall I am very very happy doing what I do.

Support from all of you has been HUGE and you cannot know how much it is appreciated. I know some things slip through the cracks and I apologize for the errors that I make...none are intentional or malicious...I simply LOVE this job to death but wish I had more time to do it. I have SO MANY great ideas but little extra time to implement some of them. What I think I AM GOOD at doing is sourcing new exciting product for all of you, and I try to do it at prices where YOU can feel satisfied that you have gotten a good deal. Based on the positive feedback I get from many of you, I believe I am doing a good job as Caretaker of Betts. It is something I want to keep doing for many years.

So, I wish you all a belated Happy New Year and hope that it is a great one for all of your collecting passions!

wizardsrainbow
01-07-2012, 04:23 PM
#7 just sold......5 of 7 sold today so far.

Lou Creed
01-07-2012, 04:33 PM
I believe sales at Betts will increase sharply when you roll out the new website.

Patrick
01-07-2012, 05:58 PM
You rock, David. I'll say this, I virtually never bought a thing when Stu owned Betts. I liked looking at the inventory list, but, as you point out, his prices were always high. David, in the time that you've owned the business, I have been a repeat customer and consider Betts to be a viable, fair market source of collectible King.

I agree with Lou, I'll bet sales increase after the website upgrade.

George at C-Springs
01-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Here here!

Lou, where are you at in Iowa? I spent a lot of time in the bustling metropolis of Fort Dodge.

Lou Creed
01-07-2012, 10:49 PM
The Ottumwa area.

Room 217 Caretaker
01-08-2012, 04:57 AM
The Ottumwa area.

Radar O Reilly's home town.

I'm showing my age now...haha

Mulleins

wizardsrainbow
01-08-2012, 05:07 AM
#2 sold overnight.....ONLY #4 is left....6 of 7 sold in less than 24 hours....very pleased

Room 217 Caretaker
01-08-2012, 05:32 AM
I like the profile of #4.

For those that are buying, I suggest getting Archival tissue (cutting to size), and place between the artwork and the opposite page. Not that I've ever seen an issue, it's just something I like to do for piece of mind.

I buy from here

http://www.archivalmethods.com/Product.cfm?categoryid=7&Productid=109

11x14 size is perfect to work with and always gives me extra.

Mulleins

TwistedNadine
01-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Also...coming VERY soon....existing consigneee gave me some new listings.......OLD SK books, inscribed....some nice ones. Won't want to miss these!

Looking forward to these, David! ETA on listing them?

TwistedNadine
01-08-2012, 06:19 PM

For those that are buying, I suggest getting Archival tissue (cutting to size), and place between the artwork and the opposite page. Not that I've ever seen an issue, it's just something I like to do for piece of mind.

I buy from here

Mulleins

Thanks for that, I actually did come across a book that has smudges on the opposite page of a drawing. Good tip

Shannon
01-09-2012, 12:57 AM
David = My next baby daddy

:) Love you, friendo!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-09-2012, 06:39 AM

I buy from here

Mulleins

Thanks for that, I actually did come across a book that has smudges on the opposite page of a drawing. Good tip

If you look at the pictures on the Betts website you can see where the ink has bled to the oposite page.

carlosdetweiller
01-09-2012, 02:13 PM
If you look at the pictures on the Betts website you can see where the ink has bled to the oposite page.

I thought so too, initially. But I think those markings are just part of the design of that page and are supposed to be there. Unless we are talking about different markings.

Cutter
01-09-2012, 02:33 PM
...and believe me, Betts itself is a full time job, but it IS BY FAR THE MOST FUN I'VE EVER HAD IN A JOB.

I just thought this was really cool. That is wonderful to heard David.

btw, I love the remarques. Even though that is not how I would envision Roland, I think those books are going to be easily worth the value you are selling them for and a good deal for the buyers. McKean is a superstar artist with tons of fans. More fans from the Gaiman camp than King camp, though.

wizardsrainbow
01-10-2012, 07:52 AM
LAST REMARQUE SOLD! All 7 ARE GONE!

AKC
01-10-2012, 07:57 AM
LAST REMARQUE SOLD! All 7 ARE GONE!

David, that's fantastic news! Congratulations and THANK YOU for bringing these to us!

I can't wait to post mine in the New Pride & Joy Thread!!!!!

AKC

Tito_Villa
01-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Congratulations David, they weren't my cup of tea but that's the thing about art, some love it and some don't. Good for those that purchased them though, a very limited remarque.

Ben Staad
01-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Congrats to David and all of the new owners of these books.

Randall Flagg
01-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Considering how fast they sold, I would say David under-priced them.

Rahfa
01-10-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't know...they sold because the price was right and people jumped on them right away. Yeah, a couple people might have paid $1500, or $1300, but all of them? You never know.

If you overprice and they do NOT sell, and they just sit there? That drives buyers away...so it's better for the first seller to make the money, be happy and move on to the next thing.

Randall Flagg
01-10-2012, 12:04 PM
True. Retail is all about "turns".

mistercrowley
01-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Bought a signed limited of 11/22/63 from Betts at a very good price Saturday. Now just waiting for my CC to be charged and for it to ship:excited:

wizardsrainbow
01-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Bought a signed limited of 11/22/63 from Betts at a very good price Saturday. Now just waiting for my CC to be charged and for it to ship:excited:

Gee, who knew I was behind on things??? I cry your pardon.

mistercrowley
01-10-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm just excited to get an actual signed limited after getting screwed by Simon and Schuster multiple times and then buying a signed trade edition only to receive a forgery. It's been quite an adventure

AKC
01-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Sorry mistercrowley but David is VERY BUSY getting all of MY books (11 to be exact) together and ready for shipment......

It's quite possible that I will use all of YOUR packing peanuts and bubble wrap so you may have to wait a week or so......

:biggrin1:

AKC

P.S. Good to see that the bug has bitten you......

mistercrowley
01-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Wow that is a ton of books. You can have my packing peanuts. Those little bastards are a pain the ass. They fall everywhere and cling to everything

Merlin1958
01-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Congrats David!!! Nice sale!!

AKC
01-23-2012, 04:36 PM
McKean SIGNED DT IV 1st Trades at Betts!

ONLY 2 COPIES AVAILABLE!

AKC

Randall Flagg
01-23-2012, 05:06 PM
I am sure that is a value, but in essence the cost is $>$400 just for (from what I have seen) a "terrible" signature. (Mckean just scribbles). The market will dictate and I know of several collectors here who have.......one....two..?

Robert Fulman
01-24-2012, 05:35 AM
My concern would be that McKean "never" does ramarques, and "never" signs books, but now he has done both in the last month. At some point, he has to say to himself, "How many books could I sign and still make at least $100 for half a second of work?". I know he has held out for almost twenty years, but I bet he gives in soon*.

* Completely uninformed opinion.

Robert Fulman
01-24-2012, 05:36 AM
(The price of $525 for a flat-signed book seems to make $950 for the remarqued version a bargain, though.)

Tito_Villa
01-24-2012, 05:38 AM
None sold yet though

neosatus
01-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't pay $200 for one of those. Hell, that's nearing what a W&G S/L could go for. That's also close to what the S/L of Knowing Darkness cost. And those are both very fine productions, and I can see the value with them.

Dude flatsigns a book that takes 2 seconds and all of a sudden the thing's worth $425 more? :confused:

But that's coming from someone who doesn't collect art work or artist sigs.

That's cool David got some copies though, for those interested in one. I know they're hard to get.

biomieg
01-24-2012, 06:21 AM
I suppose there are some hardcore DT collectors and/or completists who feel they 'need' these, but...

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-24-2012, 07:17 AM
They "need"...therapy!

:)

ELazansky
01-24-2012, 07:50 AM
I don't see how his sig is worth that much. I have a Gaiman S/L with both Gaiman and McKean and it was around $60

mistercrowley
01-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Yeah I don't understand why an artist signature might be worth so much unless it was accompanied by a detailed remarque.

wizardsrainbow
01-24-2012, 08:54 AM
It all boils down to those who "have to have" one of these. I'm in that camp. I'm a Dark Tower completist and it is the cornerstone of my collection. I was hugely disappointed at the price myself...but in the scope of my collection, $500 is worth it to "fill that hole." I totally get the head scratching about that price for an artist signed book. These will sell I have no doubt. I got 4, sold one already without even posting them, kept one for myself...two to sell.

wizardsrainbow
01-24-2012, 08:57 AM
On another note....if ANYBODY has a King signed UK 1st edition Song of Susannah, GET A HOLD OF ME. I think that may be the only Dark Tower hardcover edition that I do not have signed by King.

wizardsrainbow
02-06-2012, 12:10 PM
McKean SIGNED DT IV 1st Trades at Betts!

ONLY 2 COPIES AVAILABLE!

AKC

SOLD OUT!

Merlin1958
02-06-2012, 12:59 PM
On another note....if ANYBODY has a King signed UK 1st edition Song of Susannah, GET A HOLD OF ME. I think that may be the only Dark Tower hardcover edition that I do not have signed by King.

Perish the thought!!! YOU?? Actually NEED something????????

Next thing ya know, Cats will be sleeping with Dogs!!!!

The Apocalypse is upon us!!!

:tongue1:

LOL Congrats on the "Sell Out" You are "Da Man"!!!!!

Randall Flagg
02-17-2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks to the donor who just contributed $300 via the Paypal widget.
I'll merge this thread in a bit, but $300 (not buying something, just straight donation) is noteworthy.
Hopefully the donor will drop in and accept my (our) gratitude.

Merlin1958
02-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks to the donor who just contributed $300 via the Paypal widget.
I'll merge this thread in a bit, but $300 (not buying something, just straight donation) is noteworthy.
Hopefully the donor will drop in and accept my (our) gratitude.

For real!!!!

Garrell
02-17-2012, 08:45 PM
SK does not just drop in hehe:) A guess and trying to get Shannon on a new conspiracy track:excited:

Tito_Villa
02-18-2012, 03:11 AM
Very generous

Ben Staad
02-18-2012, 05:37 AM
Very generous

I agree! Awesome donation and this person certainly does deserve a special thanks...So Thanks!

sgc1999
02-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Abenaki (Maine USA, Montreal Canada) Wliwni ni
Abenaki (Maine USA, Montreal Canada) Wliwni
Abenaki (Maine USA, Montreal Canada) Oliwni
Achí (Baja Verapaz Guatemala) Mantiox chawe
Achuar (Ecuador, Peru) Maketai
Achuar (Ecuador, Peru) Yuuminsame
[Adare, see Harari]
Adyghe (Middle East) Wapsaw
Adyghe (Middle East) Thawerapsaw
Afar (Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti) Gadda ge
Afrikaans (Southern Africa) Dankie
Afrikaans (Southern Africa) [very much] Baie dankie
Aguacateco (Huehuetenango Guatemala) Ntyox teru'
Aguaruna (Peru) Seé
Ahtna (Alaska) Tsin'aen
Ainu [Saru dialect] (Japan) [formal] Iyayraykere
Ainu [Saru dialect] (Japan) [informal] Hioy'oy
[Akan, see Asante and Fante]
Akha (China, Southeast Asia) Gui lah hui te ha
Akha (China, Southeast Asia) Gui lah hui mi a de
Akha (China, Southeast Asia) Gui lah hui dui dui ma
Akha (Thailand) Ghu long khu me-ah
Akha (Chiang Rai Northern Thailand) Gu lah hu ma de
Aklanon (Philippines) Saeamat kimo
Alabamu (Texas USA) Alíila
Alabamu (Texas USA) Kano
Alabamu (Texas USA) Kanobi
Alabamu (Texas USA) [informal] Tá
Alabamu (Texas USA) [very much] Alíilamoolo
Alabamu (Texas USA) [very much] Kanoomoolo
Alabamu (Texas USA) [very much] Kanopalammoolo
Albanian (Albania, Yugoslavia) Ju falem nderit
Albanian (Albania, Yugoslavia) Faleminderit
Albanian (Albania, Yugoslavia) [very much] Faleminderit shumë
[Aleut, see Unagan]
Altai (Russia) Bïyan bolzïn
[Alutiiq, see Suqpiaq]
Ambo (Angola, Namibia) Ondapandula unene
Amharic (Ethiopia, Israel, Egypt) Amesegënallô
Amharic (Ethiopia, Israel, Egypt) Amesegunalhun
Amharic (Ethiopia, Israel, Egypt) [very] Betam amesegënallô
Amuzgo (Mexico) Quialva'
[Anishinaabe, see Ojibwe]
Apache (Arizona USA) Ashoge
Apache (Arizona USA) [formal] Áshood
Apache [Jicarilla] (Arizona USA) Ihe edn
Apache (Arizona USA) [informal] Ahíyi'ee
Apalachicola (Florida USA) Mvto
Apsaaloke (United States) Ahoo
Apsaaloke (United States) Ahó
Apsaaloke (United States) [very much] Ahókacira
Arabic (Middle East, North Africa) Shukran
Arabic (Middle East, North Africa) [very] Shukran gazilan
Arabic (Syria) Mamnuun
Arabic (North Africa) SaHHa
Arabic (Morocco) [lit. Praise to Allah] El-hamdullah
Arabic (Morocco) Barak llahu fik
Aragonese (Aragon Spain) Grazias
[Araucano, see Mapuche]
[Arawak, see Taino]
Armenian (Armenia, Russia, Middle East) Shnorhagallem
Armenian (Armenia, Russia, Middle East) Shterakravetsun
Armenian [Western] (Armenia) Shenorhagal em
Armenian [Western] (Armenia) [very much] Shad shenorhagal em
Armenian [Eastern] (Armenia) Sh'norhakal em
Armenian [Eastern] (Armenia) Shnorhakalutjun
Armenian (Armenia) [colloquial] Merci
Aromunian (Greece, Balkans) Multsãnjescu
Asante (Ghana) Meda w'asé
Asante (Ghana) Meda wo ase
Asante (Ghana) [very much] Meda wo ase paa paa paa
Assyrian [Eastern Assyrian] [by man] Basima
Assyrian [Eastern Assyrian] [by woman] Basimta
Assyrian [Eastern Assyrian] [by plural] Basimeh
Assyrian [Eastern Assyrian] Mesi
Assyrian [Eastern Assyrian] [very much] Hawit basima chim raba
Assyrian [Western Assyrian] (Assyria) Taudi
Asturian (Spain) Gracies
Atayal (Taiwan) Muhuway su
Atayal (Taiwan) Mhuway su'
Atayal (Taiwan) Mhuway su' balay
Atayal (Taiwan) [informal] Hway
Ateso (Uganda) Eyalama
[Aukan, see Ndjuka]
Aymará (Bolivia, Peru, Chile) Juspajaraña
Aymará (Bolivia, Peru, Chile) Juspajarkätam
Aymará (Bolivia, Peru, Chile) Juspaxar
Aymará (Bolivia, Peru, Chile) Yuspagara
Aymará (Bolivia, Peru, Chile) Dios pagarakátam
Aymará (Tihuanacu Bolivia) Yusulupay
Aymará (Lake Titicaca Bolivia) [rare] Yuspagarkàtam
Aymará (Lake Titicaca Bolivia) [rare] Yuspagaràtam
Azerbaijani [Azeri] (Azerbaijan, Iran) Sayol
Azerbaijani (Azerbaijan, Iran) Sag olun
Azerbaijani (Azerbaijan, Iran) Tæshækkür elæyiræm
Azerbaijani (Azerbaijan, Iran) [very much] Chokh sag olun
[Azeri, see Azerbaijani]
[Aztec, see Náhuatl]

Bakweri (Cameroon) Masuma
Bakweri (Cameroon) Na somi saisai
Balinese (Bali) [Halus speech] Tiang matur suksama
Balinese (Bali) Matu suksama
Balinese (Bali) Matur suksme
Balochi (Pakistan) Tai merbani
Bambara (Mali) [singular] I ni ce
Bambara (Mali) [plural] Aw ni ce
[Bangla, see Bengali]
[Basa Sunda, see Sundanese]
Bashkir (Russia) Rekhmet
Basque (Spain, France) Eskerrik asko
Basque (Spain, France) Mila esker
Basque [Navarrese] (Spain) Esker mila
Basque [Navarrese] (Spain) Esker aunitz
Basque [Roncalais] (Spain) Eskerrik anitx
Batak (Indonesia, Sumatra, Philippines) Mauliate
[Bavarian, see German (Bavaria)]
Belorussian (Belarus) Dziakuju
Belorussian (Belarus) Dziákuj
Bemba (Zambia, Congo-Brazaville) Tsikomo
Bemba (Zambia, Congo-Brazaville) Twa to te la
Bengali (India, Bangladesh) Dhanyabad
Bengali (India, Bangladesh) [very much] Ozasro dhanyabad
[Bisayan, see Visayan]
Bislama (Vanuatu) Tangkiu
Bislama (Vanuatu) Tangkyu
Bislama (Vanuatu) [very much] Tangkiu tumas
Bislama (Vanuatu) [informal] Ta
Bisu (Xhina, Thailand, Myanmar) Ang hmèn yá
Blackfoot (Alberta Canada, Montana USA) Nitsíniiyi'taki
Boboda (Burkina Faso, Mali) Baraka
[Bobo Fing, see Boboda]
Bosnian (Bosnia and Hercegovina) Hvala
Bosnian (Bosnia and Hercegovina) [respect] Hvala vam
Breton (Brittany France) Trugarez
Breton (Brittany France) [formal] Trugarez deoc'h
Breton (Brittany France) [informal] Trugarez dit
Breton (Brittany France) [informal] Mersi dit
Breton (Brittany France) Ho trugarekaat
Brigidian (western Ireland) Boche'
Bru (Vietnam) Sa-aun
Bukusu (Mt. Elgon Kenya) Nasima
Bukusu (Mt. Elgon Kenya) Orio muno
Bukusu (Mt. Elgon Kenya) Webaale
Bukusu (Mt. Elgon Kenya) Wanyala
Bulgarian (Bulgaria) Blagodarya
Bulgarian (Bulgaria) Mersi
Bulgarian (Bulgaria) [thank you very much] Mnogo blagodarya
Bulu (Cameroon) Akeva
Bunun (Taiwan) Uninang
Bura (Nigeria) Maraba
Burmese (Myanmar) Chezu ba
Burmese (Myanmar) Chezu tinbade
Burmese (Myanmar) [thank you very much] Amyaji chezu tinbade
Burushashki (Northern Pakistan) Juu na
Burushashki (Northern Pakistan) Juu goor maniSh
Burushashki (Northern Pakistan) Shukria
Burushashki (Northern Pakistan) Bakhshish
[Byelorussian, see Belorussian]

Cahuila (United States) 'Ácha-ma
Cakchikel (Mexico) Matiosh chawe
[Cambodian, see Khmer]
Camuno (Italy) Gràsce
Cantonese [Chinese] (China) [for gift] Doh je
Cantonese [Chinese] (China) [for service] M goi
Cantonese [Chinese] [in advance- for gift] Doh je sin
Cantonese [Chinese] [in advance- service] M goi nei sin
Cassubian (Northweast Poland) Dzãkujã
Cassubian (Northweast Poland) [informal] Dzãczi
Cassubian (Northweast Poland) [old] Bóg zaplac
Catalan (Andorra, Spain, France) Gràcies
Catalan (Andorra, Spain, France) [very] Moltes gràcies
Catalan (Andorra, Spain, France) Mercès
[Cebuano, see Visayan]
Cham (Southeast Asia) Uan tabuan
Chamorro (Guam) Si yuus maasi
Chamorro (Guam) Si yu'os ma'ase'
Chatino (Tataltepec Mexico) Ngua tsaa xlay'be hii
Chechen (North Caucasus) Barkal
Chechen (North Caucasus) Barkalla
Cherokee [western] (United States) Wado
Cherokee [eastern] (United States) Sgi
Cheyenne (United States) Néá'eshe
Cheyenne (United States) [plural] Néá'êshemeno
Cheyenne (United States) [intertribal] Hahóo
Chichewa (South Africa, Malawi) Zikomo
Chichewa (South Africa, Malawi)[very much] Zikomo kwambiri
Chichewa (South Africa, Malawi)[very much] Zikomo kwambili
Chilomwe (Malawi) Zikomo
Chilomwe (Malawi) [thank you very much] Zikomo kwambili
[Chinese, see dialects: Cantonese, Hoi San, Hokkien and Mandarin]
Chingoni (Malawi) Zikomo
Chinook Jargon (North America) Masiem
Chinook Jargon (North America) Mahsie
Chinyanja (Zambia, Mozambique) Zikomo
Chinyanja (Zambia, Mozambique) [very much] Zikomo kwambiri
[Chippewa, see Ojibwe]
Chishona (Zimbabwe) [to one person] Ndatenda
Chishona (Zimbabwe) [to one person] Ndinotenda
Chishona (Zimbabwe) [to a group] Tatenda
Chishona (Zimbabwe) [to a group] Tinotenda
Chishona (Zimbabwe) [for doing a task] Mazviita
Chishona (Zimbabwe) [for doing a task] Maita basa
Chishona (Zimbabwe) [for doing a task] Maita zvenyu
Chitonga (Malawi) Yewo
Chitonga (Malawi) [very much] Yewo chemene
Chitonga (Zambia) Twalumba
Chitumbuka (North Malawi) Yewo
Chitumbuka (North Malawi) [very much] Yewo chemene
Chitumbuka (North Malawi) [very much] Yewo chomene
Chiyao (South Malawi) Sikomo
Chiyao (South Malawi) Asante
Chiyao (South Malawi)[thank you very much] Sikomo kwejinji
Chiyao (South Malawi)[thank you very much] Asante sana
Choctaw (Oklahoma United States) Yokoke
Choctaw (Oklahoma United States) Yakoke
Chol (Mexico) Wokolix awölö
Chol (Mexico) Wokol a wala
Chortí (Guatemala) Ch'ahp'ei'x ta'p'a
Chuj (Guatemala) Yuj wal dios
Chuukese (Micronesia) Kili so
Chuukese (Micronesia) [very much] Kili so chapur
Chuukese (Chuuk Lagoon Micronesia) Kini so
Chuukese (Chuuk Lagoon Micronesia) [very] Kini so chapur
Chuvash (Russia) Tavtapuch
Chuvash (Russia) Tav
Chuvash (Russia) Tavssi
[Circassian, see Adyghe]
Coeur d'Alene (Idaho United States) Limlemtsch
Comanche (North America) Ura
Comanche (North America) Urako
Comori (Comoros) Marahaba
Comori (Comoros) Marahabha
[Conibo, see Shipibo]
Cornish [middle/unified] (Great Britain) Dew re-dallo dheugh-why
Cornish [middle/unified] (Great Britain) Durdala dywy
Cornish [modern] (Great Britain) Durdaladawhy
Cornish [modern] (Great Britain) Gwra'massi
Cornish [modern] (Great Brit.) [very much] Merastawhy
Cornish [Kemmyn] (Great Britain) Meur ras
Cornish (Great Britain) Meur ras dhis
Corsican (France) Grazia
Corsican (France) À ringraziè vi
Corsican (France) À ringraziavvi
Cree (Canada) (to one person) Kinanâskomitin
Cree (Canada) (to more than one person) Kinanâskomitinawaw
Cree (Canada) E'kosi
Cree (Canada) Têniki
Cree (Canada) Mikwec
Cree (Canada) Nunasko'mowin keya
Cree [Ouje Bougoumou] (James Bay Canada) Mîkwêc
Cree [Plains Cree] (Canada) Kitatamihin
[Creek, see Muskogee]
Creole (West Indies) Mese
[Créole (Seychelles), see Seselwa]
Crioulo (Guinea-Bissau) Obrigado
Croatian (Bosnia, Yugoslavia) Hvala
Croatian (Bosnia, Yugoslavia) [very much] Puno hvala
Croatian (Bosnia, Yugoslavia) [very much] Hvala lijepa
[Crow, see Apsaaloke]
Czech (Czech Republic) Dêkuji
Czech (Czech Republic) [informal] Dik'

Dagaare (Burkina Faso, Ghana) Barka
Dagaare (Burkina Faso, Ghana) Puorra bebe la
Dakota (North America) Pidamayado
Dakota (North America) [by male] Pidamaya yedo
Dakota (North America) [by female] Pidamaya ye
Dani, Grand Valley Baliem (Papua) Wah wah wah
Dani, Western (Papua New Guinea) Kaonak
Danish (Denmark, Greenland) Tak
Danish (Denmark, Greenland) [very much] Mange tak
Dega (Vietnam) Lac jak
Dega (Vietnam) [very much] Lac jak ko ih lu
Deg Xinag (Alaska) Dogedinh
Deg Xinag (Alaska) Xisrigidisddhinh
Dekelh [Carrier] (Canada) Musi
Dekelh [Carrier] (Canada) [very much] Musicho
Dekelh [Lheidli] (Canada) [by one to one] Snachailya
Dekelh [Lheidli] (Canada) [by one to 2+] Snachalhuya
Dekelh [Lheidli] (Canada) [by 2 to 1] Nahnachailya
Dekelh [Lheidli] (Canada) [by 2 to 2+] Nahnachalhuya
Dekelh [Lheidli] (Canada) [by 3+ to 1] Nenachailya
Dekelh [Lheidli] (Canada) [by 3+ to 2+] Nenachalhuya
Dekelh [Nak'albun] (Canada) [by 1 to 1] Snachailya
Dekelh [Nak'albun] (Canada) [by 1 to 2+] Snachalhya
Dekelh [Nak'albun] (Canada) [by 2+ to 1] Nenachailya
Dekelh [Nak'albun] (Canada) [by 2+ to 2+] Nenachalhya
Dekelh [Saik'uz] (Canada) [by one to one] Snachailya
Dekelh [Saik'uz] (Canada) [by one to 2+] Snachalhuya
Dekelh [Saik'uz] (Canada) [by 2 to 1] Nahnachailya
Dekelh [Saik'uz] (Canada) [by 2 to 2+] Nahnachalhuya
Dekelh [Saik'uz] (Canada) [by 3+ to 1] Nenachailya
Dekelh [Saik'uz] (Canada) [by 3+ to 2+] Nenachalhuya
[Delaware, see Lenape]
Dhivehi (Maldives) Shukuriyyaa
Dhivehi (Maldives) [very much] Varah bodah shukriyyaa
Dhopadhola (eastern Uganda) Afwoyo swa
Dhopadhola (eastern Uganda) Walwa swa
Dinka (Sudan) Yin acaa muoc
Diola (Senegal) Mersi
Diola (Senegal) Emitekati
Domari (Egypt) Daarim
Duna (Papua New Guinea) Tirja
Dusun (Sabah Malaysia) Pounsikou
Dutch (Netherlands, Belgium) [polite] Dank u
Dutch (Netherlands, Belgium) [informal] Dank je
Dutch (Netherlands, Belgium) [polite] Dank u wel
Dutch (Netherlands, Belgium) [informal] Dank je wel
Dutch (Netherlands) Bedankt
[Dyerma, see Zarma]
Dyula [Jula] (Cote d'Ivoire, Burkina Faso) I ni che
Dzongkha (Bhutan) Kadinche
Dzongkha (Bhutan) Kadinche la

Edo (Nigeria) Ù rú èsé
Edolo (Papua New Guinea) Neseke
Egyptian (ancient Egypt) [to a man] Dua Netjer en ek
Egyptian (ancient Egypt) [to a woman] Dua Netjer en etj
Ekegusii (Kenya) Imbuya mono
Enga (Papua New Guinea) Tángeyoo
English (America, Australia, UK, New Zea.) Thank you
English (America) [informal] Thanks
English (New Zealand, Midland England) Cheers
English [Strine dialect] (Australia) Thenks
English [Strine dialect] (Australia) Enks
English [old English] (old Britain)[sing.] Ic þancas do
English [old English] (old Britain)[sing.] Ic þancie þe
English [old English] (old Britain)[plur.] Ic sæcge eow þancas
English [Texan] (Texas United States) Thank ya
Ese Ejja (Bolivia, Peru) Jamayá acuá
[Eskimo, see Inuktitut and Inuttut]
Esperanto (international use) Dankon
Esperanto (international use) Dankon al vi
Estonian (Estonia) Tänan
Estonian (Estonia) Aitäh
Estonian (Estonia) [to a man] Ole meheks
Estonian (Harjumaa Estonia) Aitih
Estonian (Viru-Nigula Estonia) Aiteh
Estonian (Vastseliina Estonia) Tehnän
Eton (Cameroon) Abumgang
Eton (Cameroon) Abuimgang
Ewe (Ghana, Togo) Mudo
Ewe (Ghana, Togo) Akpe
Ewe (Ghana, Togo) Mudu, epenau
Ewondo (Cameroon) Abui ngan
Eyak (Alaska) 'Awa'ahdah

Fang (Gabon) Abora
Fante (Ghana, Burkina Faso) Medagse
Fante (Ghana, Burkina Faso) Medawagse
Faroese (Faroe Islands) Takk
Faroese (Faroe Islands) Takk fyri
[Filipino, see Tagalog and Visayan]
Fijian (Fiji) Vinaka
Fijian (Fiji) [very much] Vinaka vakalevu
Fijian (Fiji) [very much] Vinaka sara vakalevu
Finnish (Finland) Kiitos
Finnish (Finland) Kiitoksia
Finnish (Finland) [formal] Paljon kiitoksia
Finnish (Finland) [informal] Kiitti
[Flemish, see Dutch (Belgium)]
Foe (Papua New Guinea) Kije
Fon (Benin, Togo) Ablo
Fon (Benin, Togo) A houanu
Fon (Benin, Togo) [very much] A houanu ka ka
Fon (Benin, Togo) [formal] E na ce nu we
French (France, Belgium, Africa, Canada) Merci
French (France, Belgium, Africa, Canada) Merci beaucoup
Frisian [Westerlauwer] (Netherlands) Tanke
Frisian [Westerlauwer] (Netherlands) Tanke wol
Frisian [Westerlauwer] (Netherlands) Tankje
Frisian [Westerlauwer] (Netherlands) Tankje wol
Friulian (northern Italy) Graciis
Fulani (West Africa) Jaaraama
Fulani (West Africa) [to one person] A jaaraama
Fulani (West Africa) [to several people] On jaaraama
Futuna (Wallis and Futuna) Malo
Futuna Aniwa (Vanuatu) Fafetai
Futuna Aniwa (Vanuatu) Jinisa

Ga (Ghana) Ogiwadong
Gaam (Eastern Sudan) Áwdém áalò
Gaam (Eastern Sudan) Àayyá
Gagauz (Moldova) Saa olsun
Galician (Spain) Grazas
Gallo (France) Mèrczi
Garifuna (Guatemala) Téngi nían bún
Gascon (France) Merci
Georgian [Kartuli] (Georgia/former USSR) Mahd-lob
Georgian [Kartuli] (Georgia/former USSR) Gmadlob
Georgian (Georgia) [to more than 1 person] Mahd-lobt
Georgian (Georgia) [to more than 1 person] Gmadlobt
German (Central Europe) Danke
German (Central Europe) Danke schön
German (Central Europe) Vielen Dank
German (Central Europe) [informal] Dank dir
German (Austria) [in spoken language] Dankschen
German (Bavaria) [in spoken language] Danksche
German (Switzerland) [in spoken language] Dank schön
German (Zurich Switzerland) [spoken] Dankë
German (Zurich Switzerland) [spoken] Dank schön
German (Zurich Switzerland) Merci
German (Zurich Switzerland) [very much] Merci villmahl
Gong (Thailand) Ang kêun
Greek [Hellenic] (Greece, Cyprus) Efcharisto
Greek (Greece, Cyprus) Sas efharisto
Greek (Greece, Cyprus) [very much] Efharisto poli
Greek (Greece, Cyprus) [very much] Sas efharisto poli
Griko (Salento Italy) Kali' sso'rta-ssu
Guarani (Paraguay, Brazil, Bolivia) Aguije
Guarani (Paraguay) Aguyje
Guarani [Mbyá] (Brazil) Ha'evete
Gujarati (India, Bangladesh, S. Africa) Aabhar
Gujarati (Gujerat State, India) Dhanyawaad
Gumatj (Australia) Ga'
Gurrangung (Australia) Yaddung jee
Gurung (Nepal) [to a child] Syaabaas
Gurung (Nepal) [to an equal or superior] Dxanyaa'baad
Gwich'in (Alaska) Mahsi'
Gwich'in (Alaska) Mahsi' choo
[Gypsy, see Romani]
G/wi [San] (Kalahari Africa) !kaen se !tau
G//ana [San] (Kalahari Africa) Kaen se !tau

Haida (Alaska) Háw'aa
[Hal-Pulaar, see Fulani]
Hän (Alaska) Mahsi'
Harari [Adare] (Ethiopia) Gaza yagabzal yushen
Harari [Adare] (Ethiopia) Alla magah
Hassaniya (Mauratania) Shukram
Hausa (West Africa) Nagode
Hawaiian (Hawaii) Mahalo
Hawaiian (Hawaii) [very much] Mahalo nui loa
Hebrew (Israel) Toda
Hebrew (Israel) [very much] Toda raba
[Hellenic, see Greek]
Helong (Timor, Semau Island Indonesia) Nodan mamomamo
Hindi (India, East Asia, Suriname) Dhanyawaad
Hiri Motu (Papua New Guinea) Tanikiu
Hmong Daw (Laos, Thailand) Ua tsaug
Hmong Daw (Laos, Thailand) Ua koj tsaug
Hmong Daw (Laos, Thailand) [very much] Ua tsaug ntau
Hmong Daw (Laos, Thailand) [very much] Ua koj tsaug ntau
Hmong Du (Vietnam) Ô chò
Hmong Njua (Laos, Thailand) Ua tsaug
Hmong Njua (Laos, Thailand) [very much] Ua tsaug ntau ntau
Hmong Njua (Northern Thailand) Zoo sab muab
Hñähñu (Mexico) Jamadi
Hoi San (China) U de
Hokkien [Chinese] (Singapore, Indonesia) Gum xia
Hopi (North America) [said by men] Kwakwhá
Hopi (North America) [said by women] Askwali
Hopi (North America) [said by women] Hevé
Hopi (North America) [very much, by men] Is kwakwhá
Hopi (North America) [very much, by women] Is askwali
Houailou (New Caledonia) Ei
Huambisa (Peru) See
Huambisa (Peru) Maake
Huaorani (Ecuador) Ewa ra
Huastec (Mexico) Jalbinchi yaan
Huastec (Mexico) C'ac'naamal yaan
Huave (Mexico) Dios mangüy ic
Huichol (Nayarit and Jalisco Mexico) Pan parius
Huichol (Nayarit and Jalisco Mexico) Pam parios
Hungarian [Magyar] (Hungary) Köszönöm
Hungarian [Magyar] (Hungary) Köszi
Hungarian [Magyar] (Hungary) [very much] Nagyon köszönöm
Hungarian [Magyar] (Hungary) [very much] Köszönöm szépen
Huron [Wyandotte] (USA, Canada) Yontonwe
Huron [Wyandotte] (USA, Canada) Ti-jiawen

[Ibo, see Igbo]
Icelandic (Iceland) Takk
Icelandic (Iceland) Takk fyrir
Icetot (Uganda) Ilakasugotia
Ido (international use) Danko
Igbo [Ibo] (Nigeria) Imena
Igbo [Ibo] (Nigeria) Imela
Igbo [Ibo] (Nigeria) Yâuwá
Igbo [Ibo] (Nigeria) Dalu
[Ik, see Icetot]
Ilokano (Philippines) Dios ti agngina
Ilokano (Philippines) Agyamanac
Ilokano (Philippines) [very much] Agyamanac unay
Ilonggo (Philippines) Salamat
Ilonggo (Philippines) Daghang salamat
Indonesian (Indonesia) [formal] Terima kasih
Indonesian (Indonesia) [informal] Makasih
Indonesian (Indonesia) [very informal] Thanks ya
Indonesian (Jakarta Indonesia) [slang] Trims
Ingush (Russia) Barkal
Ingush (Russia) [in spoken language] Barkl
Ingush (Russia) [lit. thanks be to you] Barkal xalda hwa
Ingush (Russia) [thank you very much] Saagha xalda hwa
Ingush (Russia) [thank you very much] Deala reaza xalda hwuona
Innu (Labrador and Quebec Canada) Tshinashkumitan
Interlingua (constructed) Gratias
Inuktitut (Baffin Island Canada) Qujannamiik
Inuktitut (Canada) Qujanaq
Inuktitut (Canada) [very much] Qujanarssuaq
Inuktitut (Canada) Mutna
Inuktitut (Canada) Nakorami
Inuktitut (Alaska) Taikkuu
Inuktitut (Barrow Alaska) Quyanaq
Inuktitut (Barrow Alaska) [very much] Quyanaqpaq
Inuktitut (Noatak Alaska) Taku
[Inupiaq, see Inuktitut]
Inuttut [Greenlandic] (Greenland) Qujanaq
Ioway (United States) [by men] Aho
Ioway (United States) [by women] Aha
Irish (Ireland and Britain) [to one] Go raibh maith agat
Irish (Ireland) [to more than one] Go raibh maith agaibh
Irish (Ireland and Britain) Go raibh maith 'ad
Irish (Ireland and Britain) [to one] Go raibh mile maith agat
Irish (Ireland) [to more than one] Go raibh mile maith agaibh
Isamurongen (Batanes Philippines) Dios mamajes dinio
Italian (Central Europe, E Africa) Grazie
Itbayaten (Batanes Philippines) Ah Dios mamexes
Itbayaten (Batanes Philippines) Ah Dios mamexes dimo
Itbayaten (Batanes Philippines) Dios mamexes dimo
Itbayaten (Batanes Philippines)[very much] Rakux u kapamaxemaxes namen dimo
Ivasayen (Batanes Philippines) Dios mamajes dimo
Ivasayen (Batanes Philippines) [very much] Mamajemajes kami dimo su racuj
Itzaj [Itzá Maya] (Guatemala) D'yos b'ot'ik ti'ij
Itzaj [Itzá Maya] (Guatemala) D'yos b'o'tik
Itzaj [Itzá Maya] (Guatemala) D'yos b'o'tikil
Ixcatec (Mexico) Skanaa-ri
Ixil (Guatemala) Ta'n tiz

Jacalteca (Guatemala) Nich'an tiox
Japanese (Japan) Arigato
Japanese (Japan) Domo arigato
Japanese (Japan) [act of thanks not ended] Arigato gozaimasu
Japanese (Japan) [act of thanks has ended] Arigato gozaimashita
Japanese [Izumo] (Japan) Dan san
Japanese [Kansai Ben](Kansai, Osaka Japan) Ookini
Japanese [Kansai Ben](Kansai, Osaka Japan) Ookini arigatou
Japanese [Kumamoto] (Japan) Kora doshi
Japanese [Kyo Kotoba] (Kyoto Japan) Ohkini
Japanese [Shodoshima] (Shodoshima Japan) Ookini
Japanese [Tohoku Ben] (northeast Japan) Oshoshina
Japanese [Uchinaaguchi] (Okinawa Japan) Nihwee-deebiru
Jaqaru [Jacaru] (South America) Jilatyi
Javanese (Indonesia) Matur nuwun
Javanese (Indonesia) Suwun
Jèrriais (Jersey) Mèrci bein des fais
[Jula, see Dyula]

Kabuverdianu (Cape Verde) Obrigadu
Kabyle (Algeria) Tamemmirt
Kachin (Burma) Chyeju kaba sai
Kachin (Burma) Chyeju gaba sai
Kadazan (Sabah Malaysia) Kotohuadan
Kala Kawaw Ya (Australia) Eso
Kalmyk (Russia) Khanganav
Kanienkehaka [Mohawk] (Canada, USA) Niawen
Kanjobal [Q'anjob'al] (Guatemala) Yujwal Dios
Kanjobal [Q'anjob'al] (Guatemala) Yuj wal tyoxh
Kanjobal [Q'anjob'al] (Guatemala) Yuj wal ch'an tyoxh
Kankanaey (Philippines) Salamat
Kannada (India) Dhanyawaadagalu
Kannada (India) Vandane
Kannada (India) Vandanegalu
Kanuri (Nigeria) Ardeneskin
Kapampangan (Philippines) Salamat
Kapampangan (Philippines) [formal] Salamat pu
Karaim (Trakai Lithuania) Tabu
Karakalpak (Uzbekistan) Rahmet
Karamojong (Uganda) Alakara
Karelian (Finland, Russia) Spassibo
Karelian [Tver] (Russia) Passibo
Karen (Thailand) Da blu
Karen (Thailand) [very much] Da blu do ma law
[Karen, see also Pho Karen and Sgaw Karen]
[Kartuli, see Georgian]
Karuk [Karok] (California USA) Yo-twa
Kasem (Ghana, Burkina Faso) De N lei
Kasem (Ghana, Burkina Faso) A ke lei naa
Kashmiri (India, Pakistan, China) Shukria
Kashmiri (India, Pakistan, China) Danawad
Kaurareg (Australia) Eso
Kaurna (Southern Australia) Ngaityalya
Kazakh (Kazakhstan, Central Asia, China) Rahmet
Kazakh (Kazakhstan, Central Asia, China) Rahmet sizge
Kekchi [K'ekchí] (Guatemala) Bantiox
Kekchi (Guatemala) B'antiox
Keres (Southwestern United States) Khuu'a
Keres (Southwestern United States) Da-waa-ee
Khakas (Siberia Russia) Aalghïstapcham
Khakas (Siberia Russia) Ispasiba
Khmer [Cambodian] (Cambodia) Ar kun
=Khomani (South Africa) /Aise
Khowar (Central Asia) Shukria
Khowar (Central Asia) Mehrbani
Khowar (Pakistan) Tazim
Kichagga (Tanzania) Haika
Kidavida (Africa) Chavucha
Kiembu (Africa) Ni waro
Kiga (Africa) Kazaare
Kiga (Africa) Webare
Kiga (Africa) Mwebare
Kiga (Africa) Yebare
Kiga (Africa) Otyo
Kiga (Africa) Osyo
Kikamba (Tanzania) Ni oseo
Kikongo (Congo, Angola) Ntôndili kwami
Kikongo (Congo, Angola) Merci mingi
Kikongo (Congo, Angola, Cuba) Ndondele
Kikongo (Congo, Angola, Cuba) Ntandele
Kikongo (Congo, Angola, Cuba) Wuanka
Kikongo (Cuba) Nkimandi
Kikongo (Cuba) Manbote
Kikuyu (Africa) Ni wega
Kikuyu (Africa) Thengiu
Kikwe (Africa) Niwega muno
Kiluba (Congo-Kinshasa) Wafwa ko
Kinyamwezi (Africa) Wabeeja
Kinyarwanda (Rwanda, Congo-Kinshasa) Murakoze
Kinyarwanda (Rwanda, Congo-Kinshasa) [inf] Urakoze
Kiowa (North America) Aahóow
Kipsigis (Uganda) Kongoi
Kirgiz (Kyrgyzstan) Rakhmat
Kirgiz (Kyrgyzstan) Chong rakhmat
Kiribati (Pacific Is.) Ko rabwa
Kirundi (Burundi) Murakoze
Kisanga (Bunkeya Congo-Kinshasa) Tua santa
Kiswahili (Southeast Africa) Asante
Kiswahili (Southeast Africa) Aksante
Kiswahili (Southeast Africa) Ahsante
Kisawhili (Southeast Africa) [to several] Asanteni
Kiswahili (Southeast Africa) [very much] Asante sana
Kiswahili (Southeast Africa) Shukrani
Kiswahili (Southeast Africa) Nashukuru
Kituba (Africa) Melesí
Klallam (Washington United States) Há'neng cen
Klallam (Washington USA) [to a friend] Há?neng cen, naschá?che
Klallam (Washington USA) [to friends] Há?neng cen, nescháye?che
Klallam (Washington USA) [to a friend] Neschá?che cxw
Klallam (Washington USA) [for a gift] Há?neng cen ?a? ce n's?éngateng
Koasati (Alabama & Oklahoma United States) Tâ
Koasati (Alabama & Oklahoma United States) Alí:la mó
Kohistani (Central Asia) Shukria
Koiari (Papua New Guinea) Maigo
Koiari (Papua New Guinea) Maiteka
Komi-Permyak (Russia) Atto
Komi-Zyryan (Russia) Attö
Konkani [Konknni] (India) Dhanyawaada
Konkani [Konknni] (Goa India) Dev borem korum
Korean (Korea) Komapsumnida
Korean (Korea) Kamsahamnida
Korean (Korea) [very informal] Komawoyo
Kosraean (Micronesia) Kulo
Kosraean (Micronesia) [very much] Kulo maluhlap
Kosraean (Micronesia) [very much] Kulo na maluhlap
Koyukon (Alaska) Baasee'
Koyukon (Alaska) Anaa basee
Krio (Sierra Leone) Tenki ya
Krio (Sierra Leone) Tenkey
Kuna (Panama) Dot nuet
Kupsapiny (Uganda) Keyi tapon
Kurdi [Kurmanji] (Iraq, Iran) Shukur
Kurdi (Middle East) Sipas
Kurdi (Middle East) Sipas dikim
Kutthung (Australia) Murromboo
Kwakiutl (North America) Gilakas'la
Kwakiutl (North America) [very much] Ah gilakas'la
Kwanyama (Angola, Namibia) Nda pandula
Kwéyòl (Haiti) Mèsi
Kwéyòl (Haiti) [thank you very much] Mèsi plen
Kwéyòl (Haiti) [thank you very much] Mèsi anpil
Kwéyòl (Haiti) [thank you very much] Granmèsi

Ladakhi (India, Pakistan) Od dju
Ladakhi (India, Pakistan) Jule
Ladin (Gardena Valley Italy) De gra
Ladin (Badia Valley Italy) Dilan
Ladin (Fassa Valley Italy) [to one person] Detelpai
Ladin (Fassa Valley Italy) [plural] Develpai
Ladino (Spain) Gracias
Ladino (Spain) Munchas gracias
Lahu (Thailand) Ah bo
Lahu (Thailand) [very much] Ah bo u ja
Lahu (China, Southeast Asia) Aw bon uija
Lahu (China, Southeast Asia) Da ja
Lahu (China, Southeast Asia) Òboi jâ
Lakhota (North America) [by female] Pilamaya ye
Lakhota (North America) [by male] Pilamaya yelo
Lakota (North America) [very much] Pilamaya aloh
Lao (Laos) Khawp jai
Lao (Laos) [thank you very much] Khawp jai lai lai
[Lappish, see Sami]
Latin (ancient Rome, Vatican) Gratia
Latin (ancient Rome, Vatican) Gratias
Latin (ancient Rome, Vatican) Gratias tibi ago
Latin (ancient Rome, Vatican) Gratiam habeo
Latvian (Latvia) Paldies
Latvian (Latvia) [very much] Liels paldies
Lenape [Delaware] (United States) Wanìshi
Lepcha (India, Nepal, Bhutan) Trok chi
Lingala (Congo-Kinshasa, Congo-Brazaville) Melesí
Lingala (Congo-Kinshasa, Congo-Brazaville) Matóndo
Lingala (Congo-Kinshasa, Congo-Brazaville) Natondi yo
Lingua Franca (Mediterranean) Gratzia
Lingua Franca (Mediterranean) [very much] Mouchou gratzia
Lisu (China, Burma, Thailand) Xual mu wa
Lisu (China, Burma, Thailand) Dut zoil
Lisu (China, Burma, Thailand) Atkel bboxmu
Lisu (Thailand) Ahku bumu
Lithuanian (Lithuania) Ačiū
Lithuanian (Lithuania) Dėkoju
Lithuanian (Lithuania) [very much] Labai ačiū
Lithuanian (Lithuania) Dėkui
Lithuanian (Lithuania) Labai dėkoju
Lithuanian (Lithuania) [very sincere] Nuoširdžiai dėkoju
Livonian (Latvia, Estonia) Tienu
Livonian (Latvia, Estonia) Tenu
Loglan (international) Sia
Low Saxon (Eastern Friesland, Germany) Dank
Low Saxon [Northern Low Saxon] (Germany) Danke
Low Saxon [Westphalian] (Germany) Ek dank auk schoin
Low Saxon [Westphalian] (Germany) Sind auk viellmaols bedankt
Lucumí (Cuba, United States) Moducué
Luganda (Uganda) Webale
Luganda (Uganda) [very much] Webale nyo
Luiseno (United States) No$un looviq
Lummi (United States) Hy'shqe siam
Lunda (Zambia) Kusakililaku
Lunyankole (South Uganda) Webale
Lunyoro (West Uganda) Webale
Luo (Kenya, Tanzania) Erokamano
Lushootseed (Seattle Washington USA) Ck'wálidxw
Lushootseed (USA) [for food or drinks] Helí'dubshewx
Luvale (Zambia) Gunasakulila
Luxembourgish (Luxembourg) Merci

[Maa, see Masai]
Maasai [Maa, Masai] (Kenya, Tanzania) Aske
Maasai (Kenya, Tanzania) Ashi
Maasai [Maa, Masai] (Kenya, Tanzania) Ashi oleng
Maasai (Kenya, Tanzania) [very much] Ashi naling
Mabuiag (Australia) Eso
Macedonian (Macedonia) Blagodaram
[Magyar, see Hungarian]
Makhua (Tanzania) Asantte
Makhua (Mozambique) Kooshukhuru
Makhua (Mozambique) Marahaba
Malagasy (Madagascar) Misaotra
Malagasy (Madagascar) [formal] Misaotra tompoko
Malagasy (Madagascar) [very much] Misaotra indrindra
Malay (Malaysia, Brunei) Terima kasih
Malay (Malaysia, Brunie) [very much] Terima kasih banyak-banyak
Malayalam (India) Nandi
Malayalam (India) Valarey nanhi
Malayalam (India) Nanni
Maldivian (Maldives) Sabkaa
Malinké (Senegal, Mali) Ni ke
Maltese (Malta) Grazzi
Maltese (Malta) [very much] Grazzi hafna
Mam (Guatemala) Chjóonte
Mam (Guatemala) Chjoonta
Mam (Guatemala) Chjónta tey
Mam (Guatemala) [to more than one person] Chjónta che
Mambwe (Tanzania, Zambia) Sanco
Mampruli (Ghana) Mossi
Manchu (China) Baniha
Mandarin [Chinese] (China) Xie xie
Mandarin [Chinese] (China) Toa chie
Mandinka (West Africa) Abaraka
Mandinka (West Africa) [to one person] I ning bara
Mandinka (West Africa) [to several people] Al ning bara
Manx (Britain) Gura mie ayd
Manx (Britain) Gura mie eu
Manx (Britain) [thank you very much] Gura mie mooar ayd
Maohi (South Pacific) Mauruuru
Maori (New Zealand) Tika hoki
Maori (New Zealand) Ka pai
Maori (Cook Islands) Meitaki
Maori (Cook Islands) [very much] Meitaki ma'ata
Mapuche [Araucano] (South America) Krasia may
Mapuche [Araucano] (South America) Chaltu
Mapuche [Araucano] (South America) Chaltu may
Mapuche [Araucano] (South America) Traeltu
Mapuche [Araucano] (South America) Manumeimi
[Mapudungun, see Mapuche]
Marathi (India) Abhari ahi
Marathi (India) Dhanyawaadh
Marathi (India) Dhanyawaatha
Mari (Russia) Tau
Marquesan (French Polynesia) Koutai
Marshallese (Marshall Islands) Kommol
Marshallese (Marshall Islands) [very much] Kommol tata
Marshallese (Marshall Islands) [very much] Kwölukkuun emmol
Mashi (Bukavu Congo-Kinshasa) Koko
Matukar (Papua New Guinea) Ujanamok
[Mayan, see Yucatec]
Mazahua (Mexico) Pöjö
Mazatec (Mexico) Natejchiri
Mazatec (Mexico) Nkhi k'a ninashitechino
[Mbisu, see Bisu]
Mende (Sierra Leone) Baiika
Mende (Sierra Leone) Bisse
Mende (Sierra Leone) Baika
Meriam Mir (Australia) Eswau
[Miao, see Hmong]
Mien [Yao] (Laos, Thailand) Laengz zingh
Mien [Yao] (Laos, Thailand) Laengz zingh meih
Mien [Yao] (Laos, Thailand) [very much] Laengz zingh camv
Mien (Vietnam) Tö' dun
Mikmaq (Canada) Welálin
Mikmaq (Canada) Weláliek
Mina (Togo) Akpe
Mina (Togo) [very much] Akpe ka ka
Minangkabau (West Sumatra Indonesia) Tarimo kasih
Minangkabau (West Sumatra Indoensia) [inf] Makasi yo
Miskito (Nicaragua) Tingki
Miwok [S Sierra] (South Sierra USA) Tengkiju
Mixtec (Oaxaca Mexico) [formal] Kúta'ùná
Mixtec (Oaxaca Mexico) [familiar] Kúta'ùrí
Mixtec (Oaxaca Mexico) Kúta'ù shãàrí nuùro
Mixtec (Estetla Mexico)[formal-to one p.] Niku tab'i
Mixtec (Estetla Mexico)[formal-to several] Niku tab'o
Mixtec (Estetla Mexico) [informal] Ta xa'u zin
Mixtec (Magdalena Peñasco Oaxaca Mexico) Cutahvixieensa
Mixtec (Magdalena Peñasco Oaxaca Mexico) Cacutahvixensa
Mixtec (San Juan Colorado Mexico) Tyáhvi nyóò
Miyako (Ryukyu Island Japan) Nihedebil
[Mohawk, see Kanienkehaka]
Mohican (North America) Wneeweh
Mohican (North America) Oneowe
[Mokpwe, see Bakweri]
Moldavian (Moldova) Multumesc
Mon (Burma, Thailand) Tang kun
Monegasque (Monaco) Merçì
Mongolian (Mongolia, Northern China) Bayarlalaa
Mongolian (Mongolia, Northern China) Gyalailaa
Mongolian (Mongolia) [very much] Tand ikh bayarlalaa
Mongolian (Mongolia) [for hospitality] Saikhan zochluullaa
Mongolian (Mongolia) [for help] Ta ikh tus bolloo
Mòoré [Mossi] (Burkina Faso) Wenatase
Mòoré [Mossi] (Burkina Faso) Barka
Mòoré [Mossi] (Burkina Faso) Mpuusda barka
Mòoré [Mossi] (Burkina Faso) [very much] Barka wusgo
Mopá-maya (Guatemala) B'o'tic
Mordvin (Russia) Syukprya
Morisyen (Mauritius) Mersi
[Mossi, see Moore]
Motu (Papua New Guinea) Tanikiu
Mpi (Thailand) Mèu mèu
Mpongwe (Gabon) Kewa
Muskogee (Oklahoma & Florida USA) Mvto
Muskogee (Oklahoma & Florida USA) Henka
Muskogee (Oklahoma & Florida USA) Ka
Muskogee (Oklahoma & Florida USA) Akvsv'mkv

Náhuatl [Aztec] (Mexico) Tlazohcamati
Náhuatl [Aztec] (Mexico) Icnelia
Náhuatl [Aztec] (Mexico) [very much] Tlazohcamati huel miac
Náhuatl [Aztec] (Mexico) [very much] Tlazohcamatzin
Náhuatl (Tepoztlan Mexico) Tlazocama
Náhuatl (Tepoztlan Mexico) Tlazocamatl
Náhuatl (Tepoztlan Mexico) Tlazocamati
Náhuatl [classical: Aztec Empire] Nictlazohcamati
Nakota (USA, Canada) Pinamaya
Nama (Namibia) Aio
Nandi (Kenya) Kongoi
Nandi (Kenya) Kaigai
Nandi (Kenya) Asai
Nanubae (Papua New Guinea) Emba:m
Napulitano (Italy) Gràzzie
Natick (North America) Tobotonoque
Natick (North America) Ttaubotneanauayean
Natick (North America) Kuttabotomish
Nauruan (Nauru) Tsuba kor
Navajo (United States) Ahéhee'
Naxi (Yunnan China) Jjef bei seiq
Ndebele (Zimbabwe) Ngeyabonga
Ndebele (Zimbabwe) Ngiyabonga
Ndebele (Zimbabwe) Ngiyathokaza
Ndebele (Zimbabwe) [very much] Ngeyabonga kakulu
Ndebele (Zimbabwe) [very much] Ngiyabonga kakulu
Ndebele (Zimbabwe) [plural] Siyabonga
Ndebele (Zimbabwe) [plural, very much] Siyabonga kakulu
Ndjuka (Suriname) Gaantangi fi ye
Ndjuka (Suriname) Gaantangi
Ndjuka (Suriname) A bigi ba
Nenets (Russia) Nyarya bada
Nepali (Nepal, Bhutan) Dhanyabaad
Newari (India, Nepal) Su-bhaay
Nez Perce (North America) Qe'ci'yew'yew'
Nganasan (Russia) Xoasi
Nganasan (Russia) Nägê
Ngbaka (Africa) Dé kãã
Ngizim (Nigeria) Ná goodoota-ngaa naa ci
Ngoni (Malawi) Zikomo
Nias [North Nias] (Nias Island Indonesia) Sauha gölö
Nias [South Nias] (Nias Island Indonesia) Söwö gölö
Nigerian Pidgin (Nigeria) Thank yu
Nigerian Pidgin (Nigeria) Well done
Nisi (Arunachal Pradesh India) Pajaliptso
Niuean (Niue, South Pacific) Fakaaue
Niuean (Niue, South Pacific) [informal] Ha ia
Niuean (Niue, South Pacific) [very much] Fakaaue lahi mahaki
Norwegian [Nynorsk, Bokmaal] (Norway) Takk
Norwegian [Bokmaal] (Norway) [very much] Tusen takk
Norwegian [Sortlandsk] (Sortland Norway) Takk
Ntomba (Africa) Ebóto
Ntomba (Africa) Ewata

[Occitan, see Provencal]
Ojibwe [Chippewa, Anishinaabe] (N.America) Miigwech
Okanogan (North America) Lim limt
Omaha (Nebraska and Oklahoma, USA) Wíbthahon
Oriya (India) Danna waat
Oromo (Kenya, Somalia) Ulfaad'd'a
Oromo (Kenya, Somalia) Waaqni sii haa kennu
Oromo (Kenya, Somalia) Maharaba
Oromo (Kenya, Somalia) Galatoomii
Oromo (Kenya, Somalia) Galatomaa
Oromo (Kenya, Somalia) Fayyaa ta'aa
Oromo (Kenya, Somalia) Fayyaa ta'i
Osage (USA) We'-a-hnon
Osage (USA) Thla-ho
Ossetian (Caucasus) Arfö
Ossetian (Caucasus) Buznyg
Otetela (Lodja Congo-Kinshasa) Losaka

Paamese (Vanuatu) Hihuri
Paamese (Vanuatu) Namasmasuk
Pa'ikwene (Amazon) Kibeiné
Paipai (Mexico, USA) 'Ara'ya:ikm
Paipai (Mexico, USA) 'Ara'yai:km
Paipai (Mexico, USA) 'Ara'ye:km
Paiwan (Taiwan) Malimali
Paiwan (Taiwan) Masalu
Palauan (Palau) Sulang
Palauan (Palau) Msuulaang
Palauan (Palau) Ke kmal mesaul
Panamahka (Nicaragua) Tingkih
Papiamentu (Dutch Antilles, Aruba) Danki
Pashto (Afghanistan) Tashakkur
Pashto (Afghanistan, Pakistan) Sta na shukria
Pende (Congo-Kinshasa) Hambadiahana
[Penobscot, see Abenaki]
Persian (Iran, Afghanistan, Tajikistan) Tashakkur
Persian (Iran, Afghanistan, Tajikistan) Motehshakeram
Persian (Iran) Mamnoon
Pho Karen (Thailand) Hsà khawn hsá ta má' lâw
[Pidgin English, see Nigerian Pidgin, Pijin and Tok Pisin]
Piedmontese (northern Italy) Grasie
Pijin (Solomon Islands) Tanggio
[Pikanii, see Blackfoot]
Pipil (El Salvador) Paampa diyúx
Pipil (El Salvador) Padiux
Plattdeutsch (Germany) Dankscheen
[Plautdietsch, see Plattdeutsch]
Pocomchí (Guatemala) Rin dios awe
Pohnpeian (Micronesia) Kalangan
Pohnpeian (Pohnpei) Kalangen en Komwi
[Police Motu, see Hiri Motu]
Polish (Poland) Dziękuję
Polish (Poland) [spoken by several people] Dziękujemy
Polish (Poland) [familiar] Dzięki
Polish (Silesia region, southern Poland) Dziynki
Polish (Silesia region, southern Poland) Dziynkuja
Polynesian (Polynesia) Auw'e
Ponpeian (Ponpei) Kelangan
Popoluca (Mexico) Ni'ctíyus
Portuguese (Portugal, Brazil) [by male] Obrigado
Portuguese (Portugal, Brazil) [by female] Obrigada
Potawatomi (United States) Iwgwien
Potawatomi (United States) Migwe'c
Potawatomi (United States) Kcumigwe'c
Provencal [Occitan] (France) Mercé
Provencal [Occitan] (France) Gramaci
Provencal [Occitan] (France) [very much] Mercé plan
Pueblo [Acoma] (Southwestern USA) Da-wah-eh
[Pular, see Fulani]
Puluwat (Micronesia) Kilissow
Punjabi (India) Dhannvaad
Punjabi (India) Dannaba
Punjabi (India) Shukria
Punjabi (India) Miharbaanee
Punjabi (India) Tuhaadee kirpaa hai
Puyuma (Taiwan) Tayu'an

[Q'anjob'al, see Kanjobal]
Quechua Ancashino (Ancash Peru) Paylla
Quechua Ayacuchano (Ayacucho Peru) Yuspagrasunki
Quechua Ayacuchano (Ayacucho Peru) Dyuspagrasunki
Quechua Ayacuchano (Ayacucho Peru) Diyus pagapusonqa
Quechua Ayacuchano (Ayacucho Peru)[plural] Diyus pagapusonqacheh
Quechua Ayacuchano (Ayacucho Peru) [very] Anchata agradisiyki
Quechua Ayacuchano (Ayacucho)[very;plural] Anchata agradisiykicheh
Quechua Cochabambino (Cochabamba Bolivia) Diuspagarasunki
Quechua Cochabambino (Cochabamba Bolivia) Diuspagarapusunki
Quechua Cochabambino (Cochabamba Bolivia) Pachi
Quechua Cochabambino (Cochabamba Bolivia) Pachis
Quechua (Cuzco Peru & Cochabamba Bolivia) Yusulpayki
Quechua Cuzqueño (Cuzco Peru) Yusulpaykinsunki
Quechua Cuzqueño (Cuzco Peru) Yuspagarasunki
Quechua Cuzqueño (Peru)[to several people] Yuspagarasunkichis
Quechua Cuzqueño (Cuzco Peru) Añay
Quechua Cuzqueño (Cuzco Peru) Añachaykin
Quechua Cuzqueño (Cuzco Peru) Grasias
Quechua Cuzqueño (Cuzco)[very much/formal] Urpi sonqo
Quechua Cuzqueño (Cuzco)[very much/formal] Sinchitan añaychayki
Quechua Huancaño (Huanca Peru) Rasyas
Quiché [K'iche] (Guatemala) Maltiox
Quiché [K'iche] (Guatemala) [to a man] Maltiox tat
Quiché [K'iche] (Guatemala) [to a woman] Maltiox nan
Quiché [K'iche] (Guatemala) Sibälaj maltiox
Quiché [K'iche] (Guatemala) [for work] Cheri cha ai
Quichua (Ecuador) Pagui
Quichua (Ecuador) Pagui shungulla
Quichua (Ecuador) Diusulupagui
Quichua (Ecuador) Yupaichani

Rakhin (Myanmar) Chyee zu thon ree
Rapanui (Easter Island) Maururu
[Raramuri, see Tarahumara]
Resigaro (Peru) Kashoonopihku
Rohingya (Myanmar) Shukuria
Romani [Romany] [Gypsy] (Europe) Gestena
Romani [Romany] [Gypsy] (central Europe) Nais
Romani [Romany] [Gypsy] (central Europe) Nais tuke
Romani [Caló] (Spain) Najis tuke
Romani [Arli/Kovachi] [to a man] Ov sasto
Romani [Arli/Kovachi] [to a woman] Ov sasti
Romani [Arli/Kovachi] [to a group] Oven saste
Romanian (Romania) Mulţumesc
Romansch (Switzerland) Grazia
Romansch (Swizterland) Grazie
Romansch (Swizterland) Grazcha
Rotuman (Pacific Islands) Noa'ia
Rotuman (Pacific Islands) [said to child] Filo'montou
Rukai (Taiwan) Maulanenga
[Runasimi, see Quechua]
Russian (Russia) Spasibo
[Ryukyu, see Miyako]

[Saame, see Sami]
Saami [Lappish] (Scandinavia) Giitit itt
Saami [Lappish] (Scandinavia) Giittus
Saami [Lappish] (Scandinavia) Giitus
Saami [Lappish] (Scandinavia) [very much] Giitus eanat
Saami [Lappish] (Scandinavia) Giihtu
Saami [Lappish] (Scandinavia) Gaejtho
Saami [Davvi Saami] [Lappish](Scandinavia) Giitu
Saami [Inari Saami] [Lappish](Scandinavia) Takkâ
Saami [Skolt Saami] [Lappish](Scandinavia) Spässep
Saami [Skolt Saami] [Lappish](Scandinavia) Spä'sseb
Saanich (Vancouver Island Canada) Hay sxw q'a
Saanich (Vancouver Island Canada) Hay sxw q'e
Saisiat (Taiwan) Muhuway su
Samoan (Samoa) Fa'afetai
Samoan (Samoa) [thank you very much] Fa'afetai tele
[San, see G//ana, G/wi and =Khomani]
Sangha (Mali) Birepo
Sango (Central African Republic) Mèrèsi
Sanskrit (ancient India) Anugurihiitosumi
Sara (Chad) Angen
Saramaccan (Suriname) Gaantángí fii
Saramaccan (Suriname) F&uacteu;únu
Sardinian (Italy) Grassias
Sarnami (Suriname, Holland) Dhanbaad
Sarnami (Suriname, Holland) Dhanjabaab
Sarnami (Suriname, Holland) Sukriya
Sarnami (Suriname, Holland) Soekoeria
Sasak (Indonesia) Matur tampiasih
Sasak (Indonesia) Tampi asiq
Saulteaux (Manitoba Canada) Miigwech
Savonian (Ylä-Savo Finland) Kiitoksija
Scottish Gaelic (Scotland) Tapadh leat
Scottish Gaelic (Scotland) [formal] Tapadh leibh
Scottish Gaelic (Scotland) [many thanks] Moran taing
Scottish Gaelic (Southern Scotland) [for.] Gun robh math agaibh
Scottish Gaelic (Southern Scotland) [inf.] Gun robh math agad
Scots (Scotland) Thenk ye
Scots (Scotland) Thank ye
Scots [Ulster Scots] (Northern Ireland) Thenks
[Seminole, see Creek]
Senoufo (Cote d'Ivoire, Mali) Minkari
Senoufo (Cote d'Ivoire, Mali) Minmonchar
Sepedi (South Africa) Ke a leboga
Serbian (Bosnia, Yugoslavia) Hvala
Serbian (Bosnia, Yugoslavia) [very much] Hvala lepa
Seri (Sonora Mexico) Yooz ma samsisíinxo
Serrere (Senegal, Gambia) Dioka ndjiale
Seselwa [Seychelles Creole] (Seychelles) Mersi
Seselwa [Seychelles Creole] (Seychelles) Gran mersi
Sesotho (Lesotho, South Africa) Ke a leboha
Setswana (Botswana, South Africa) Ke itumtese
Setswana (Botswana, South Africa) Ke itumela
Setswana (Botswana, South Africa) Ke a leboga
Setu (Estonia) Aiteh
Sgaw Karen (Thailand) Tà byu' dô law
Sgaw Karen (Thailand) Dah bluet
Shanghai (Shanghai China) Sha ja non
Shanghai (Shanghai China) Sha sha
Shanghai (Shanghai China) [informal] Sha ja
Shelta (USA, Ireland) [old;no longer used] Djeelsha grawsta
Sherpa [Helambu] (Nepal, Tibet) Thuchi chea
Sherpa [Solu] (Nepal, Tibet) Thuchi che
Shimasiwa (Comoros) Marahaba
Shina (Central Asia, India) Shukria
Shina (Central Asia, India) Bakhshish
Shipibo (Peru) Iráque
Shipibo (Peru) [very much] Ichabires iráque
Shona, see Chishona]
Sicilian (Sicily Italy) Grazzii
Silozi (Zambia) Ni itumezi
Silozi (Zambia) Litumezi
Silozi (Zambia) Nitumezi
Sindhi (Pakistan) Mehrbani
Sinhalese (Sri Lanka) Istuti
Sinhalese (Sri Lanka) [very much] Bohoma istuti
Siswati [Swazi] (Swaziland)[by one person] Ngiyabonga
Siswati [Swazi] (Swaziland)[more than one] Siyabonga
Slovak (Slovakia) Dakujem
Slovak (Slovakia) [formal] Dakujem vám
Slovak (Slovakia) [informal] Dakujem ti
Slovenian (Slovenia) Hvala
Slovenian (Slovenia) [formal] Hvala vam
Slovenian (Slovenia) [familiar] Hvala ti
Slovenian (Slovenia) [very much] Hvala lepa
Solresol (old; international) Sol Ti
Somali (East Africa) Mahad sanid
Soninke (Mali, Senegal) Nawari
Sorbian [Upper Sorbian] (eastern Germany) Dz'akuju so
Sorbian [Lower Sorbian] (eastern Germany) Z'e'kujom se
Spanish (Spain, America) Gracias
Spanish (Spain, America) [very much] Muchas gracias
Spokane (United States) Chn lm-s-cút
Sranan (Suriname) Grantangi
Sranan (Suriname) Tangi
Sranan (Suriname) Danki
Sudovian (Baltic region) Denkâ
Sudovian (Baltic region) Denkauja
Suqpiaq (Alaska) Quyanaa
Sundanese [Basa Sunda] (Indonesia) Hateur neuheun
Sursilvan (Switzerland) Engraziel
Suryoyo (Syria, Turkey) Tawdi
Suryoyo (Syria, Turkey) [very much] Tawdi sagi
Susu (Guinea) Inwali
Swabian (Central Europe) Dankeschee
Swabian (Central Europe) Dankschee
[Swahili, see Kiswahili]
[Swazi, see Siswati]
Swedish (Sweden, Finland) Tack
Swedish (Sweden, Finland) Jag tackar
Swedish (Sweden, Finland) [very much] Tack så mycket
Swedish (Sweden, Finland) [very much] Tackar så mycket
Swedish (Sweden, Finland) [very much] Stort tack

Tabriak (Papua New Guinea) Jəpən
Tabriak (Papua New Guinea) Jεpεn
Tagalog (Philippines) Salamat
Tagalog (Philippines) Salamat po
Tagalog (Philippines) Salamat sa iyo
Tagalog (Philippines) [very much] Maraming salamat
Tahitian (Tahiti) Mauruuru
Tahitian (Tahiti) Mauruuru roa
Taino [Arawak] (Caribbean) Oáan
Taino [Arawak] (Carribbean, Florida USA) Bo matum
Tajik (Tajikstan) Tashakur
Tajik (Tajikstan) Rakhmat
Taki-taki (French Guyana) Ganta
[Tamahoq, see Tamashek]
Tamashek [Tamahoq, Tuareg] (West Africa) Tanumert
Tamil (India, Southeast Asia) Nandri
Tamil (India, Southeast Asia) Nangreeih
Tamil (India, Southeast Asia) Romba nanringa
Tamil (India, Southeast Asia) Rumba nandri
Tamil (Madras/Chennai India) [colloquial] Rumba thanks
Tanaina (Alaska) Chin'an
Tanana (Alaska) Basee choo
Tanana (Alaska) Maasee'
Tanana [Upper Tanana] (Alaska) Tsen'ii
Tarahumara [Rarámuri] (Mexico) Matéterabá
Tarahumara [Raramuri] (Mexico) Matétera
Tarahumara [Raramuri] (Samachique Mexico) Natérarabá
Tashkorghani (Central Asia) Rahmat türi
Tatar (Russia) Rekhmet
Tay (Vietnam) Day fon
Telugu (India) Dhanyavaadaalu
Telugu (India) Tamara krutagntha
Tetum (East Timor) [by a man] Obrigado
Tetum (East Timor) [by a man] Obrigadu
Tetum (East Timor) [by a woman] Obrigada
Tetum (East Timor) [by a man] [very much] Obrigado barak
Tetum (East Timor) [by a man] [very much] Obrigadu barak
Tetum (East Timor) [by a woman][very much] Obrigada barak
[Teuso, see Icetot]
Tewa (Southwestern United States) Kuunda
Thai (Thailand) Khawp khun
Thai (Thailand) [by man] Khawp khun khrap
Thai (Thailand) [by woman] Khawp khun kha
Thai (Thailand) [by man] Khrap
Thai (Thailand) [by woman] Kha
Thai (Thailand) [very much] Khawp khun makh
Thangmi [Thami] (Himalayas) Sewa
Tibetan (Tibet, China) Tujechhe
Tigrinya (Ethiopia, Eritrea) Yrunyli
Tigrinya (Ethiopia, Eritrea) Yaqhanyelay
Tigrinya (Ethiopia, Eritrea) Yeqniyeley
Tigrinya (Ethiopia, Eritrea) Yekanyelay
Tlingit (Canada, northwest coast of USA) Guneshcheesh
Tlingit (Canada, Alaska) Gunalchéesh
Tlingit (Canada, Alaska) [very much] Gunalchéesh hó hó
Tlingit (Canada, Alaska) [very much] Atlein gunalchéesh
Tojolabal (Chiapas Mexico) Tzachatal
Tojolabal (Chiapas Mexico) Yuj
Tok Pisin [Pidgin English] (New Guinea) Tenkiu
Tok Pisin (New Guinea) Tenkyu
Tok Pisin (New Guinea) [very much[ Tenkyu tru
Tongan (Tonga South Pacific Island) Malo
Tongan (Tonga South Pacific Island) [very] Malo 'aupito
Toraja (Indonesia) Kurre sumange
[Torres Strait Broken, see Yumpla Tok]
Totonac (Veracruz Mexico) Paxkatkatzinil
[Tsalagi, see Cherokee]
Tschiluba (Kasai Oc. Reg., Congo-Kinshasa) Twasakadila
Tsimshian (Alaska) Way dankoo
Tsonga (South Africa) I nkomu
[Tuareg, see Tamashek]
Tugalug (Philippines) Salamot
Tukang Besi (Indonesia) Tarima kasi
Tulu (India) [thank you very much] Mast upakara
Tupi [Tembé Tenetéhar] (Brazil) [by men] Azéharamopa
Tupi [Tembé Tenetéhar] (Brazil) [by men] Azéharamo kui
Tupi [Tembé Tenetéhar] (Brazil) [by men] Azéharmo kui
Tupi [Tembé Tenetéhar] (Brazil) [by men] Azéharamo aypopa
Tupi [Tembé Tenetéhar] (Brazil) [by men] Ipopa
Tupi [Tembé Tenetéhar] (Brazil) [by men] Ipo
Tupi [Tembé Tenetéhar] (Brazil) [by women] Azéharamo aypo-mia
Turkish (Turkey, Northern Cyprus) Tesekkür ederim
Turkish (Turkey, Northern Cyprus) Tesekkurler
Turkish (Turkey, Northern Cyprus) Mersi
Turkish (Turkey, N. Cyprus) [informal] Sagol
Turkish (Turkey, N. Cyprus) [formal] Sagolun
Turkish (Turkey, N. Cyprus) [very much] Çok tesekkür ederim
Turkish (Turkey, N. Cyprus) [very much] Çok sagolun
Turkmen (Turkmenistan) Sag bol
Turkmen (Turkmenistan) Sag bolung
Turkmen (Turkmenistan) Tangur
Tuscarora [Southern Band] (N.Carolina USA) Nyeahweh
Tuvaluan (Tuvalu) Fakafetai
Tuvan (Russia) Chettirdim
Tzeltal (Chiapas Mexico) Jocolawal
Tzeltal (Chiapas Mexico) Wokolawal
Tzotzil (Chiapas Mexico) Kolaval
Tzotzil (Chiapas Mexico) Kolawal
Tzotzil (Chiapas Mexico) [very much] Batz'i kolaval
Tzotzil (Chiapas Mexico) Ois botik

Uchinaaguchi (Okinawa Japan) Nihei deebiru
Uchinaaguchi (Okinawa Japan) Ippe nihei deebiru
Uchinaaguchi [Shuri] (Okinawa Japan) Nifee deebiru
Udmurt (Russia) Tau
Ukrainian (Ukraine) Dyakooyu
Ukrainian (Ukraine) Spasibi
Unagan (Alaska) Qagaasakung
Unagan (Alaska) Qaqaasakuq
Urdu (India, Pakistan) Shukriya
Urdu (India, Pakistan) Danyavad
Urdu (India, Pakistan) Merbani
Ute (Colorado and Utah USA) Towayak
Ute (Colorado and Utah USA) Tog'oyak
Ute (Colorado and Utah USA) Tograyock
Ute (Colorado and Utah USA) Tokhoyak
Uvean (Wallis and Futuna Vanuatu) Malo
Uvean (Wallis and Futuna Vanuatu) Malo te ofa
Uyghur (Central Asia) Rakhmat
Uyghur (Central Asia) Rähmät sizgä
Uzbek (Uzbekistan) Rakhmat
Uzbek (Uzbekistan) Tashakkur

Vai (Liberia, S.Leone) [for favor, to 1] Ee-seh
Vai (Liberia, S.Leone)[for favor,to group] Wo-seh
Vai (Liberia, S.Leone) [for gift, to 1] Bai-ka-way
Vai (Liberia, S.Leone) [for gift,to group] Wo bai-kay-way
Valencian (Spain) Gracies
Valencian (Spain) Moltes gracies
Venda (South Africa) Ndi a livhuha
Venda (South Africa) Ndo livhuwa
Venda (South Africa) Ukhani
Veps (Russia) Spasibo
Vietnamese (Vietnam) Cám ơn
Vietnamese (Vietnam) [to man] Cám ơn ông
Vietnamese (Vietnam) [to married woman] Cám ơn bà
Vietnamese (Vietnam) [to unmarried woman] Cám ơn cô
Vietnamese (Vietnam) [to male equal] Cám ơn anh
Vietnamese (Vietnam) [to female equal] Cám ơn chị
Vietnamese (Vietnam) [to young person] Cám ơn em
Vietnamese (Vietnam) Cám ơn quý vị rât nhiều
Vietnamese (Vietnam) Ông quá tử tế với tôi
Visayan [Cebuano] (Philippines) Salamat
Visayan [Cebuano] (Philippines) Gracia
[Vlaams, see Dutch (Belgium)]
Votic (Russia) Passibo
Votic (Russia) [may God give you health] Antagoo Jumal tervüt teilee

Wakhi (Central Asia) Shukria
Wakhi (Central Asia) Shobosh
Wali (Northern Ghana) Bareka
Walloon (Belgium) Merci
Walloon (Belgium) [pronounced] Mercè
Walloon (Belgium) [old form] Gråces
Wampanoag (USA) Taubut
Warlpiri (Australia) Wiyarrparlunpaju-yungu
Welsh (Wales) [formal] Diolch yn fawr
Welsh (Wales) [thank you very much] Diolch yn fawr iawn
Welsh (Wales) [thanks] Diolch
Wintu (California USA) Depelda mat doyut
Wintu (California USA) Depelda cala da mat doyut
Wintu (California USA) Cala da mat doyut
Wolof (West Africa) Djere dief
Wolof (West Africa) Jerejef
[Wyandotte, see Huron]

Xhosa (South Africa) Ndiyabulela
Xhosa (South Africa) Enkosi
Xhosa (South Africa) [very much] Enkosi kakhulu
Xiamen (China) Kam sia

Yacouba (Côte d'Ivoire) Balika
Yaka (Angola, Congo-Kinshasa) Koloombo
Yami (Taiwan) Ayoi
[Yao (Africa), see Chiyao]
[Yao (Asia), see Mien]
Yapese (Micronesia) Kam magar
Yiddish (Europe) Dank
Yiddish (Europe) A dank aych
Yoruba (Nigeria) E se é
Yoruba (Nigeria) Oshe
Yoruba (Nigeria) A dupe
Yoruba (Nigeria) [honorific] E seun
Yoruba (Nigeria) [non-honorific] O seun
Yoruba [to age mate or younger] O se
Yoruba [to person older than speaker] E se
Yucatec (Yucatan Mexico) Dios bo'otik
Yucatec (Yucatan Mexico) Dyos bo'otik
Yucatec (Yucatan Mexico) Dios bootiki'
Yucatec (Yucatan Mexico) Hach dyos bo'otik
Yucatec (Yucatan Mexico) Yum bo'otik
Yucatec (Yucatan Mexico) Ki' bolal
Yuki (United States) Mis tatk
Yugur [Western Yugur] (Gansu China) Sagha &ccedi;owattï
Yugur [Western Yugur] (Gansu China) Çowattï
Yolngu Matha (Australia) Yo manymak
Yumpla Tok (Torres Strait Australia) Eso po yu
Yup'ik (Alaska) Quyana
Yup'ik (Siberia) Quyanaghhalek
Yup'ik (Siberia) Igamsiqanaghhalek

Zapotec (Villa Alta Mexico) [to one] Dishkleno
Zapotec (Villa Alta Mexico) [to several] Dishklenle
Zapotec (Yatzachi Mexico) [to one] Choshcwleno'
Zapotec (Yatzachi Mexico) [to one] Choshcwlentio'
Zapotec (Yatzachi Mexico) [to several] Choshcwlen chele
Zapotec (Yatzachi Mexico) [very much] Choshcwleno' de'e zan las
Zapotec (Zoogocho Mexico) [to one] Choshkleno'
Zapotec (Zoogocho Mexico) [very much] Choshklenteco
Zapotec (Zoogocho Mexico) [to several] Choshklenle
Zapotec (Oaxaca Mexico) Guishepeli
Zarma [Dyerma] (West Africa) Fofo
Zoque (Mexico) Yuscotoya
Zulu (South Africa, Lesotho) Ngiyabonga
Zulu (South Africa, Lesotho) [very much] Ngiyabonga ka khulu
Zulu (South Africa, Lesotho) [plural] Siyabonga

jhanic
02-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Simon, what are those?

John

Bev Vincent
02-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Looks like "thank you" in every language known to mankind!

wizardsrainbow
02-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Jerome-

You are most welcome for the donation. Every year I try to give generously. Last year I donated an item (I may still do so this year). This year, I tagged several items on my site (www.bettsbooks.com) for "25% of proceeds go to Haven Foundation" So, that is my contribution...so far. I guarantee more to come.

sgc1999
02-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Simon, what are those?

John
ben got it right. only missing cherokee and asl:)

jhanic
02-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Impressive!

John

noal
02-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Wow, well done!

Shannon
02-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Very generous friend! Remember to keep some of the money for yourself though, eh? :)

wizardsrainbow
03-01-2012, 04:25 AM
State of the King Collecting Market: update by The Caretaker

As Caretaker of what I believe is the largest site for Stephehen King collectibles, I thought I would share with you some "inside" observations I have made about the "health" of the Stephen King collectibles market.

Following an absolutely DISMAL summer...since I have owned Betts Books, demand/sales were the slowest they have ever been in June-August 2011, collector interest and demand began to strengthen in September and gained momentum into the Xmas holiday season. Not only sales, but inquiries about SK books steadily rose. The release of 11/22/63 was a phenomenal success....I think because 1) the story was engaging and well written and 2) the subject matter is one that appeals to a huge percentage of the population. I believe I sold more than 30 signed first trade editions...the most BY FAR of any new release since I took the helm at Betts. However, post Christmas, I have been ASTOUNDED at the demand/interest/sales/new consignments. There is usually a drop off after Christmas as people begin to pay off their credit card debt built up over the holiday season...not usually a strong period for discretionary spending. Whether it is because the new and eagerly anticipated Dark Tower story "Wind Through thye Keyhole" is now being shipped by Grant Books, or if the economy is REALLY getting better, my sales at Betts in the first two months of the year are up about 250% of what I booked in 2010 and 2011. It is by far the strongest two month period of any time I have owned Betts and going back to Stu's records the strongest sales since he consigned Chris Cavalier's collection many years ago.

Is the economy really getting better? That is hard to say...I know so so many people that are still unemployed, underemployed (like myself) or simply just struggling day by day to keep a roof over their head, clothes on their family and decent food for their kids. I have been "swamped" with offers to buy books/collections/consignments in the last several months...and MORE IMPORTANTLY...pricing is starting to HEAD BACK UP after steadily falling for the last 6-7 years. While I am keeping my prices as sharp as I can, demand is lending itself to a modest rise in pricing and there has been no slack in the demand....so, those of you who care about the "investment value" of their collections as opposed to just enjoying the collections for what they are...this should be most welcome news.

I thought that these "facts" might be of interest to all of you so thought I'd share with everyone.

jhanic
03-01-2012, 04:30 AM
Thanks, David. A very interesting analysis.

John

Tito_Villa
03-01-2012, 04:34 AM
Good to know David!

Tony
03-01-2012, 05:00 AM
Yep thanks for letting us know. You share quite a lot of information about your business, that's pretty cool. Obviously it's also in your best interest, like now, but still that's nice of you : )

elscorcho526
03-01-2012, 05:29 AM
State of the King Collecting Market: update by The Caretaker

As Caretaker of what I believe is the largest site for Stephehen King collectibles, I thought I would share with you some "inside" observations I have made about the "health" of the Stephen King collectibles market.

Following an absolutely DISMAL summer...since I have owned Betts Books, demand/sales were the slowest they have ever been in June-August 2011, collector interest and demand began to strengthen in September and gained momentum into the Xmas holiday season. Not only sales, but inquiries about SK books steadily rose. The release of 11/22/63 was a phenomenal success....I think because 1) the story was engaging and well written and 2) the subject matter is one that appeals to a huge percentage of the population. I believe I sold more than 30 signed first trade editions...the most BY FAR of any new release since I took the helm at Betts. However, post Christmas, I have been ASTOUNDED at the demand/interest/sales/new consignments. There is usually a drop off after Christmas as people begin to pay off their credit card debt built up over the holiday season...not usually a strong period for discretionary spending. Whether it is because the new and eagerly anticipated Dark Tower story "Wind Through thye Keyhole" is now being shipped by Grant Books, or if the economy is REALLY getting better, my sales at Betts in the first two months of the year are up about 250% of what I booked in 2010 and 2011. It is by far the strongest two month period of any time I have owned Betts and going back to Stu's records the strongest sales since he consigned Chris Cavalier's collection many years ago.

Is the economy really getting better? That is hard to say...I know so so many people that are still unemployed, underemployed (like myself) or simply just struggling day by day to keep a roof over their head, clothes on their family and decent food for their kids. I have been "swamped" with offers to buy books/collections/consignments in the last several months...and MORE IMPORTANTLY...pricing is starting to HEAD BACK UP after steadily falling for the last 6-7 years. While I am keeping my prices as sharp as I can, demand is lending itself to a modest rise in pricing and there has been no slack in the demand....so, those of you who care about the "investment value" of their collections as opposed to just enjoying the collections for what they are...this should be most welcome news.

I thought that these "facts" might be of interest to all of you so thought I'd share with everyone.

Fascinating, David. I was one of your post-Christmas (first-time) customers. Couldn't be more pleased with the product/customer service :) ...looking forward to future consignment postings!

-Frank

biomieg
03-01-2012, 05:37 AM
It has been a couple of months since I bought anything at Betts. I'm laying low, waiting for a Doubleday proof (preferably 'Salem's Lot or The Stand) to show up at Betts. I'll then sell my girlfriend's car and snatch the proof from the Claws of Evil Olverts.

Great job, David!

olverts
03-01-2012, 06:12 AM
Great to know David !

When i have money i have to be your worst nightmare Michaël :)

wizardsrainbow
03-01-2012, 06:19 AM
It has been a couple of months since I bought anything at Betts. I'm laying low, waiting for a Doubleday proof (preferably 'Salem's Lot or The Stand) to show up at Betts. I'll then sell my girlfriend's car and snatch the proof from the Claws of Evil Olverts.

Great job, David!

Michael-

If I get one of those proofs...your going to have to sell the GIRLFRIEND, not the car dude.

biomieg
03-01-2012, 06:22 AM
Yeah, you always seem to have money when I don't, Hannes... but that's okay, if you continue collecting the way you do now you'll have everything you want before the end of 2012 and then I can start hunting again.

biomieg
03-01-2012, 06:33 AM
David, that's probably true...

Just curious, but has anyone ever offered a Doubleday proof for sale to Betts (rather than consigning it)? I remember the Night Shift proof on eBay a year or two ago, that one went for $4000 I think. Good stuff!

wizardsrainbow
03-01-2012, 06:34 AM
Yep thanks for letting us know. You share quite a lot of information about your business, that's pretty cool. Obviously it's also in your best interest, like now, but still that's nice of you : )

Thank you. As I've said before, Betts does not make a lot of money, and that's ok with me. The real reason I do it is because of the pure joy I get from helping collectors satisfy their "itches." As a hard-core collector myself, I TOTALLY understand that euphoria of finding something you really want. I get the same "high" in helping other people. Running Betts is its own reward!

Shannon
03-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Always enjoy reading about the Belts behind the scenes stuff. My opinion is that the recent raise in money and interest is due to the excellent selection of new consignment items/collections being offered.

I love Betts Books. :)

CRinVA
03-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Not to be negative, but it is still hard to navigate the Betts web page. I know that work is in progress and that it is but a parttime effort, but I truly belive that a redesigned site will do nothing but generate sales. Right now I find it hard to peruse, know what is new and what is old and what is simply repeated elsewhere on the thread already! JMHO of course.

Shannon
03-01-2012, 10:46 AM
I agree. I hate it when something halfway down the page gets discounted and i don't realize it until a few weeks later. :(

AKC
03-01-2012, 11:08 AM
I am probably in the minority here but I do enjoy, at times, the "quest" of finding a treasure buried within! Last week, I found a 1st/1st Stand that I picked up right away for an incredible price! Missed it every other time!

I dunno. While I agree that a more formal architecture for the site would be easier to shop, the current format makes it "fun" for me.....

As for the duplication and older items WAY down, I never get that far so if it was deleted, wouldn't notice...

Again, probably the minority.

Tony
03-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Is a redesigned site being worked on?

The Library Policeman
03-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Thank you. As I've said before, Betts does not make a lot of money, and that's ok with me. The real reason I do it is because of the pure joy I get from helping collectors satisfy their "itches." As a hard-core collector myself, I TOTALLY understand that euphoria of finding something you really want. I get the same "high" in helping other people. Running Betts is its own reward!

This is so true. David being a collector himself really shows when you deal with him. I actually have a 'Salem's Lot S/L on layaway (made my first payment 2 days a go:) ) and worked out the whole deal with David in a matter of minutes. I have been after a copy of this book practically since the minute it sold out and I am very excited about the fact I shall have one in a few months! Wiz understands how much these things mean to us and it shows when you deal with him. and I for one think Betts may well be the best bookstore in the whole universe!

Thanks David!

Roseannebarr
03-01-2012, 10:43 PM
I think i missed that STand Book how much did you get it for? I always do a Ctrl F and type the books that i am looking for! I just had my 1st edition signed and now i cant upgrade!

wizardsrainbow
03-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Michael-

Answer is no...No one has ever offered to sell Doubleday proofs (not on consignment) to me in last 2+ years.

Website....sigh...I am well aware that navigation is "difficult" at best. I certainly take no offense from people who point out its shortcomings (of which there are several!). My friend Ari has been working on a redesign for some time now (on his own time and initiative). I recognize he has his own life and I have never pushed him on this, but I have no idea how far along he is.

I got a couple estimates a year ago from "outsourced" places to redesign my site, add search function and on-line checkout/payment and the sum was several thousand dollars...not an amount I can afford to spend. But perhaps I need to "invest" a significant portion of annual profits at Betts to redesign the site. I am certainly not tech savvy enough to try it on my own. I will contact Ari and see where he stands on his work here.

Being tech "illiterate (maybe too strong a word)" I fret about a new website because right now, I control everything, uploading new inventory, pictures etc. I have a pretty good handle on how to manipulate the site. I DO NOT want to pay a webmaster or someone to maintain my site and keep it looking pretty. I want to be able to upload inventory, pictures, stories, text exactly when I want. Maybe I would have that same control in an updated version...I just do not know so it scares me a bit.

herbertwest
03-02-2012, 02:57 AM
If Ari needs some help, i'll be more than happy to contribute. I can work on websites, but not on designs. However, nowadays there are lot of existing templates for wordpress and other CMS.

Ari_Racing
03-02-2012, 06:30 AM
Sorry for the lack of update. Website is ready, but database with the content isn't. I'm still working manually to adapt the table as it looks now in the website in excel, so I can migrate it to DB. Since it can't be converted automaticaly, it takes a lot of time.

Merlin1958
03-02-2012, 12:03 PM
FWIW, fellow member "IowaBob" set up a book store rather handily utilizing a template web page store program. From what I understand, he's no Hi-Tech fellow either. Might be worth a PM?

Ari_Racing
03-02-2012, 12:23 PM
No need. The website is ready. The DB will be very soon. In two weeks I'll have finished the project that is killing me and I'll be able to convert the rest of it.

Merlin1958
03-02-2012, 03:52 PM
No need. The website is ready. The DB will be very soon. In two weeks I'll have finished the project that is killing me and I'll be able to convert the rest of it.

Sorry, meant no harm. Just thinking out loud.

Ari_Racing
03-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Oh, Bill...don't worry, man. Sorry if I was misunderstood. :) I was just explaining that only one thing is missing. :thumbsup:

Dan
03-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Just placed my first order from Betts today. Super nice guy. Nothing spectacular, just filling some holes in my newly started collection. Can't wait to get them. Thanks David!!

Randall Flagg
03-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Welcome to the boards. If you need any assistance please ask-either in a thread or via PM.

needfulthings
03-05-2012, 04:09 PM
:thumbsup::rock:http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8758/dscn5836c.jpg

needfulthings
03-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Just placed my first order from Betts today. Super nice guy. Nothing spectacular, just filling some holes in my newly started collection. Can't wait to get them. Thanks David!!
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5233/a320n.jpg

Dan
03-05-2012, 05:52 PM
8) That's how I will picture David now. Captain Nice!

AKC
03-05-2012, 05:58 PM
I think i missed that STand Book how much did you get it for? I always do a Ctrl F and type the books that i am looking for! I just had my 1st edition signed and now i cant upgrade!

$250.00

It was a Consignment Book that David had listed as VG/VG. When I bought it and he received it from the Seller it was F/F. Beautiful copy that will look good in my BLACK Stand Case in route from the Collector.....

Gotta go. Heading to Betts to find the next "Hidden Treasure".....

wizardsrainbow
03-06-2012, 05:03 AM
8) That's how I will picture David now. Captain Nice!

Hey Dan! Thanks for that first order....others will tell you...collecting King is a very slippery slope! LOL

Merlin1958
03-06-2012, 11:13 AM

This is so true. David being a collector himself really shows when you deal with him. I actually have a 'Salem's Lot S/L on layaway (made my first payment 2 days a go:) ) and worked out the whole deal with David in a matter of minutes. I have been after a copy of this book practically since the minute it sold out and I am very excited about the fact I shall have one in a few months! Wiz understands how much these things mean to us and it shows when you deal with him. and I for one think Betts may well be the best bookstore in the whole universe!

Thanks David!

I would have to whole-heartedly agree!!!! Now, if he could just make me a deal on a UK 'Salem's Lot he could have my firstborn, cheap!!! LOL LOL

CRinVA
03-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Oh David will make you a deal!!!! All you gotta do is pay him and he'll send the book right out - packaged perfectly too! No problem!!!!!!! :-)

biomieg
03-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Jimimck has a UK SALEM'S LOT for sale, make the man an offer!

Shannon
03-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Yeah!!! Make the man an offer! :)

AKC
03-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Yeah you Yankee! Make the man an offer!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Oh David will make you a deal!!!! All you gotta do is pay him and he'll send the book right out - packaged perfectly too! No problem!!!!!!! :-)

Pay him? He's never asked me for any money.

Jimimck
03-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Yeah Yankee man, make the man an offer....

The Library Policeman
03-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Offer. Man. Make. :)

Merlin1958
03-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Jimimck has a UK SALEM'S LOT for sale, make the man an offer!

Actually, I have. We came very close to a deal, but the s/h from New Zealand always seems to be a deal breaker. Hence, my request of David. Kinda crappy in this day and age that s/h should be such a burden either way, but it is what it is I suppose.

Dan
03-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Just got my order from Betts! Very well packaged. Thanks a bunch! I will definitely be ordering more when more money comes my way.

jhanic
03-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Just curious, Dan. What did you get?

John

AKC
03-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Yeah Dan! You gotta' show it off!!!!!

Shannon
03-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Yeah Dan, show it off, make the man an offer!

The Library Policeman
03-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah Dan, show it off, make the man an offer!

lol :)

Dan
03-13-2012, 06:01 PM
:smile: I will try to take some photos Thursday. It wasn't anything special, just filling some holes in the collection.

Merlin1958
03-13-2012, 11:21 PM
:smile: I will try to take some photos Thursday. It wasn't anything special, just filling some holes in the collection.

Tease!! LOL LOL LOL

wizardsrainbow
03-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Have a client asking for today's pricing on (would love to see what you people think):

I also could use an appraisal on a few items if you have the time. The items are:

"The Revenge of Lardass Hogan" published in The Maine Reviw in July, 1975
"Harrison State Park '68"
"It Grows on You" published in Marsh Roots. Fall, 1973
"Moth" copyright 1970
"Onan"
"Stud City" Ubris. Fall, 1969

jhanic
03-15-2012, 12:07 PM
The only ones I feel comfortable suggesting a price range are the Onan and Moth issues. I'd say in the $300-400 range each, retail, of course depending on condition.

John

wizardsrainbow
03-15-2012, 02:53 PM
It is from that "grandfather" collection that Alex (college stident) in Michigan is selling.

Dan
03-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Here's the books I got from David on Tuesday.

http://www.danandjessie.com/pictures/IMG_8945s.jpg

http://www.danandjessie.com/pictures/IMG_8946s.jpg

http://www.danandjessie.com/pictures/IMG_8948s.jpg

Like I said, nothing out of the ordinary, but needed to fill some holes in my starting collection.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-15-2012, 03:42 PM
It is from that "grandfather" collection that Alex (college stident) in Michigan is selling.

I might be in the market for some of these items, so I will not appraise them, for that reason.

biomieg
03-15-2012, 11:13 PM
David, does Alex indeed have the originals? What he/she showed over at The Collector's website were photocopies.

wizardsrainbow
03-16-2012, 04:08 AM
I want to ask her about that (photocopies) as a couple images I have seen look like they are indeed that.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-16-2012, 07:50 AM
David, does Alex indeed have the originals? What he/she showed over at The Collector's website were photocopies.

I remember them now. They are (poor) photocopies and not worth $1.

AKC
03-27-2012, 09:42 AM
A HOLY GRAIL of SK Collecting has just been listed at Betts.....

Likley not to see one again for awhile!

AKC

Pasiuk57
03-27-2012, 10:18 AM
VERY TRUE!
I am low right now...

Jimimck
03-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Wow good price too! Hope it goes to a deserved home.

AKC
03-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Looks like it already SOLD!!!!

Anybody here get it?

AKC

P.S. No, I DID NOT buy this one...

Shannon
03-27-2012, 03:34 PM
One thousand dollars more than the price I advertised the same book for is a "good price"? You guys are funny. That's a joke, right?

Randall Flagg
03-27-2012, 04:39 PM
One thousand dollars more than the price I advertised the same book for is a "good price"? You guys are funny. That's a joke, right?
I have no idea what it sold for, but Betts often sells things for more than what someone else sold the item for-otherwise David would be out of business. When David bought Betts, he purchased a tremendous amount of "good will". He has leveraged that Good Will, and has such an outstanding reputation as a seller that buyers want to purchase from him-he in essence has a 5 Star (well deserved) rating. That combined with and a large amount of previously ecstatic customers goes a long way.

Rahfa
03-27-2012, 05:43 PM

I guess it was listed for $7500? I seem to recall a recent thread where anything abouve $5K was regarded as unlikely to impossible...so, good price? I think not...

But - that's absolutely true that Betts is a place will confidently spend more money than on Ebay, etc, especially on a high-end item...so it's not that surprising.

Jimimck
03-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Sorry Shannon, I said good price because for some reason in my head, I thought the one you had listed first time around was a lot higher?
I didn't look it up or anything, was just basing the comment on my (bad) memory.

And I guess since it only took three hours to sell, it was a good price.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Don't forget that the seller would not have gotten £7500 for it. Betts takes their commission off of that.

It is still a good price considering the lettered version is physically the same as the numbered version. It's not like "The Regulators" or "Skeleton Crew" lettered versions which are dramatically different from the numbered versions.

Shannon
03-28-2012, 07:59 AM
No doubt, i love Betts Books and trust/respect David very mucho. I'm happy that it sold for that much, i just remember the "It's not worth more than 5k" conversation not too long ago.

But, no worries. I sold Sharon's Gunslinger to a great buyer (any guesses???) so I'm happy. :)

RIC #520
03-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Shannon.. what letter was yours? Do any single letters ever come available?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Shannon.. what letter was yours? Do any single letters ever come available?

If a single letter came on the market, I would have it.

Shannon
03-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Sharon's copy was AF.

Rahfa
03-28-2012, 12:12 PM
It's a great price for Betts...not a great price for the buyer, who probably could have done better.

On the other hand, that's the whole point...it's a book that very rarely shows up, and the market dictates different prices depending on different circumstances. Which is why I would never let a book like that go for a cut-rate price just to sell quickly.

Shannon
03-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Could have done better... maybe, if and when the book shows up again. :)

Rahfa
03-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Could have done better... maybe, if and when the book shows up again. :)

Exactly! And if you make all your buying decisions based on that philosophy, you probably won't ever own a book! Haha...

Tito_Villa
05-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Some great stuff just posted!