PDA

View Full Version : The Baronies--Individual Book Discussion **please read**

Matt
09-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Hopefully you guys have noticed that NuWiki (the product we loaded to handle the wiki) has all kinds of wonderful uses for our site.

So far we have the Towerpedia! which is in development--we expect this database to grow into THE place to find information on the characters, places and things that make up the world of The Dark Tower. I really hope everyone will make an effort to fill that one with any relevant information on the series you can think of. Please get in touch with Daghain if you want to help out.

We also have the tower connections page going that Darkthoughts has taken the lead on. This is a graphically represented list of all the connections in the series. She could also use help on that if you are interested. Towerpedia is an ongoing project that could take years, the tower connections is more static and will be completed as soon as all the entries are done.

As you have seen---both of these "wikis" are autolinked throughout the site for ease of navigation.

With that being said, the next one will be Individual Book Discussion--a forum in the Baronies. Here we will place an article for each book--plus a well written synopsis of the story (need help for that :lol:).

This "wiki" will be the one auto linked through out the forum so we don't get duplicates on the books--each entry will have a link to the tower connections page for more information on that front.

If you would like more information on our various "wiki's"--please the Wiki--How To (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=871) thread :D

Now, you may be thinking--why is he doing this?

A large amount of information organized and easily referenced. Instead of forums--articles.
Auto links will reference the book itself--a member written synopsis of the story and links to other information on the site (collections--connections--reread...stuff like that)
The ability to hold discussions on the books through the products "comments" feature.
Product encourages new users to view the opening page where they receive information on the possibility of spoilers.That's really just to name a few. So let me know if you have any comments or suggestions here :grouphug:

sarah
09-23-2007, 08:37 AM
wow matt. this site is just wonderful to no end.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/images/smilies/thank%20you.gif

Matt
09-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks Sarah :wub:

I am so proud of this thing and the people here. Its much more than I ever could have imagined.

We could all be on the ground floor of the Dark Towers version of mugglenet :lol:

Storyslinger
09-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Truly Matt, you do so much for this site
We all appretiate it so much :D

Matt
09-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Thank you again, its really about the members though. You guys make the community.

On topic: This thing is coming right along, you guys can check the progress in the baronies. Its a work in progress obviously :D

Daghain
09-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Hey you can ignore my PM now I think I just answered my own question. :lol:

I think that's a great idea. It keeps the discussion forum for each wiki page limited to discussing the content as it refers to that page, so we can collaborate if there are any questions/differences of opinions on an entry.

Brilliant! :D

Patrick
09-23-2007, 07:12 PM
This all sounds promising, Matt! :thumbsup:

MaraJShakespeare
09-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Haven't looked through it all yet, but this whole project sounds quite useful, whether just for recreational pleasure or for academic research. If I think of anything helpful, I'll surely drop a line, probably in here, as I still lack technical expertise. . .