PDA

View Full Version : If King were to write a fictionalized version of your life

BillyxRansom
10-04-2009, 08:50 PM
what would it be called?

This has probably been done before, my apologies if that is the case.

John Blaze
10-04-2009, 08:56 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?p=442914#post442914

sorry dude. :(

but if he did that for me, it would be a flop. Even the SK name wouldn't sell that thing.

IWasSentWest
10-04-2009, 10:03 PM
well this is different than the other thread i think. the other one is about books he has already written.

this would be a new book. hmmmmmmmmm, imma have to think on this

Jean
10-04-2009, 10:26 PM
well this is different than the other thread i think. the other one is about books he has already written.
If everyone keeps this difference in mind and follows it, both threads will remain; if not, they will be merged.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_cool.gif

IWasSentWest
10-04-2009, 10:39 PM
sir, yes sir!

pathoftheturtle
10-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Why King? :orely:
If I have a theory as to what a fictionalized version of my life by some other writer would be called, would that go in this thread? :beat:
I'm sorry; just saying that this seems like a pretty complex concept for a thread. :onfire:

TheCrisisKing
10-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Shadows in Glass. It makes sense if you know me

cozener
10-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Why King? :orely:
If I have a theory as to what a fictionalized version of my life by some other writer would be called, would that go in this thread? :beat:
I'm sorry; just saying that this seems like a pretty complex concept for a thread. :onfire: I kind of agree. I don't think King would enjoy writing about my life. Its not scary. Danielle Steele on the other hand...

Jean
10-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Mine has already been written, it is Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis.

If this thread proceeds along these lines, it will have to be renamed and moved to another forum (nothing wrong about that, though).

Lily-sai
10-09-2009, 05:11 AM
Mine would be a strange mixture of Bridget Jones,Narnia and Alchemist.

The title would be something like 'Lost Way Home', preferably by Neil Gaiman.

ICry4Oy
10-09-2009, 06:11 AM
"VAY GUP! VAY GUP!!!"

Brice
10-11-2009, 06:36 AM
The Dark Tower ;)

BillyxRansom
10-21-2009, 02:26 PM
If everyone keeps this difference in mind and follows it, both threads will remain; if not, they will be merged.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_cool.gif

Right, so do that everyone because that's what I intended. In fact I looked at the other thread and said "hmm how can I switch this up!"

:)

Letti
11-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Mine would be about an English school teacher (me) who realises that if she concentrates very hard she can make her favourite students write down the good answers in the tests.
She has a favourite student, a very shy girl Lindi who has a very nice heart knows everything but always gets stressed when it comes to writing a test. She has only low grades. The teacher tries to help her all the time but it's way too late when she realises she has given much more to Lindi than she wanted... she didn't share her thoughts with her. She transported them. She transported many of her memories and feelings, too. The teacher can remember neither her favourite poems nor her mother's face. Lindi starts to get insane and think she is the teacher and the teacher stole her life. Horrible and bloody fight starts between them. And who is who?
Neither of them is sure anymore. They together are one whole person and this must come to an end.

Brice
11-08-2009, 10:45 AM
SK needs to get busy with that story. :lol:

...or maybe you should. :couple:

Letti
11-08-2009, 10:48 AM
SK needs to get busy with that story. :lol:

...or maybe you should. :couple:

Not my cup of tea but thanks. :)

pathoftheturtle
11-10-2009, 08:54 AM
If Franz Kafka could be resurrected, I think he'd better be the one to put me into fiction.

Letti
11-10-2009, 12:59 PM
If Franz Kafka could be resurrected, I think he'd better be the one to put me into fiction.

Huh... I am crazy about Kafka but being in one of his books. I couldn't take it for long. Not as the main character.

Goblin
11-10-2009, 02:01 PM
what would it be called?

"Cholesterol Damage." :beat:

Sickrose
11-12-2009, 04:06 AM
I think mine would be about an office woker who is working Saturday overtime, alone - or at least so she thinks......... I always think empty offices are really spooky.

If I was in a horror novel i would be the person who all the shit is happening to and my stubborn other half wouldnt acknowledge the spooky goings on and just keep telling it's all in my mind or something.

pathoftheturtle
11-12-2009, 01:47 PM

Huh... I am crazy about Kafka but being in one of his books. I couldn't take it for long. Not as the main character.Yeh, tell me about it. ><

LadyHitchhiker
11-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Why fictionalize my life? Pretty dramatic as it is ;)

stone, rose, unfound door
11-15-2009, 12:26 PM
I don't think he'd like to write about mine. It'd be a regular student's story with travelling added :)

Lily-sai
11-19-2009, 08:22 AM
No-one is merely regular. :)

stone, rose, unfound door
11-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Right but you get it. That'd be entitled "Student days" or something cheesy like this :)

mdarkpoet
12-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Mine would have to do with dreams and dreaming in detail (sort of like a Freddy Krueger thing but vastly different) probably with a title like "Trapped" and the synopsis would essentially be a girl who has vivid dreams finds herself having a harder and harder time waking up until she essentially can't, so in life she's comatose but finds herself trapped in a dream world (if you've ever seen Monkeybone it would be a LITTLE like that only much more serious and terrifying)

Yes I gave this a lot of thought *nerd face*

Brice
12-11-2009, 04:17 AM
This is easy. If King wrote a fictionalized version of my life he couldn't sell one copy, not even to his own wife or kids...not even if he gave them the money for it. :lol:

pinkymcfatfat
12-13-2009, 12:26 AM
I don't think he'd get an entire book out of my life...but I could be a minor character in something.

candy
12-13-2009, 11:55 AM
i think king could right an excellent version of my life its been fucked up crazy scarey so far and shows no signs of calming down anytime soon, as to the name???

hmmm,,,,,,, 'sometimes you wake up'