PDA

View Full Version : Stephen King Audiobooks/Ebooks - All Formats

Dolan
09-12-2009, 07:13 AM
I am a subscriber to audible.com which is a site that you can get audiobooks cheaper than you would at a book store.

You can sign up as a new member and get 1 free audiobook of your choice. After that, based on your subscription level, you can get 1 audiobook per month for $14.95. If you want 2 audio books a month, its $22.95.

Now, audiobooks aren't for everyone, that I know. Even I have some specifications when it comes to audiobooks. Firstly, I love when the author reads their own work. When the author reads their book, it gives a whole new meaning to it... you are reading a book the way it should be read.

I also like audiobooks for scary books. I listened to "I Am Legend" and I couldn't sleep for days! Same with Jurassic Park, oddly enough.

Anyway - to get to the point of this long post, I noticed on the S&S website that they are coming out with 3 new King audiobooks:

The End of the Whole Mess (and other stories) By Stephen King
Read by Tim Curry, Stephen King, Matthew Broderick and Eve Beglarian (http://books.simonandschuster.com/End-of-the-Whole-Mess/Stephen-King/9780743598231)

Sorry, Right Number (and Other Stories) By Stephen King
Read by: Joe Morton, Stephen King, Joe Mantegna, Full Cast and Domenic Custern (http://books.simonandschuster.com/Sorry-Right-Number/Stephen-King/9780743598255)

and

It Grows on You (and Other Stories) By Stephen King
Read by: Stephen King, Frank Muller, Gary Sinese and Grace Slick (http://books.simonandschuster.com/It-Grows-on-You/Stephen-King/9780743598248)

Anyone else interested in getting these? Not really a collectible, per say... but I'd personally love to hear a real recording of Sorry, Right Number!

Randall Flagg
09-12-2009, 07:23 AM
I love audio books. I try to hear King's stuff on long drives. Most recent one I listened to was Blaze.

Dolan
09-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Apparently I was wrong.

S&S is just "re-packaging" of Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

Darn. Well it's an all star line-up of readers... Stephen King, Kathy Bates, Matthew Broderick, Tim Curry, Jerry Garcia, David Cronenberg, Gary Sinise, Joe Morton, Joe Mantegna, Grace Slick, Frank Muller, Tim Curry, Rob Lowe, Whoopi Goldberg, Yeardley Smith and Tabitha King.

They sell the book in 3 volumes though. That sucks. If you wanted to buy the whole thing, it's $70!!!!!

Patrick
09-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Don't pay $70, Dolan! Wait for it on audible.com and download it for cheaper!

Yeah, I'm a member and a fan of audible.com

Darkmaniscoming
09-12-2009, 08:57 AM
I love them too, they're great for drives as well as listening to while you need to do something else. I pick up "cassette" versions all the time for a dollar and as my old cassette player from the eighties has outlived many cd players which mysteriously break on day 382 (a few days after the warranty runs out) I think that even one listen is well worth the buck.
I got "on writing" read by King last month and actually rewind it many times as I really love the honesty in his voice, and the great info on this one. Highly recommend.

I have a few CD author read ones as well of great books...

ola
09-12-2009, 09:10 AM
I've also had good luck getting audiobooks for cheap through Amazon marketplace sellers...recently found one that was like $60 new for $8!

Dolan
09-12-2009, 09:13 AM

I didn't! I might - but not now. I did, however, download the Just After Sunset audiobook... Perfect to listen to at night, under the covers, in a rainstorm! :scared:

Cloysterpete
09-12-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm a big fan of all the King audio titles, I already have the ones mentioned but i'm still looking forward to the re-release as CD quality is so much better than the old cassettes.

Finally managed to download the BBC7 production of Blaze a while back, that took some finding!. It's only 1:23 minutes long though, now I didn't expect it to be anywhere near the length of the standard Blaze audio but I hope I haven't missed a part, I don't want to listen to it as i've not read the novel yet.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-12-2009, 09:22 AM
my old cassette player from the eighties has outlived many cd players which mysteriously break on day 382 (a few days after the warranty runs out)

It can sometimes be difficult to program the "breakdown after warranty date" in to the electronics. But it usually works. :)

Darkmaniscoming
09-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Yes, it's funny...my "first" Television I got given to me by my Uncle in 1983 just died last year. ...4 "new" satellite receivers have died in the last 5 years...I take them for service and they say "Well it will cost $75 for us to just look at it, but a new one is on sale for $119, so......." Its very scary to wonder where all these busted electronics go these days but thats a whole other thread.....

I have an extra "Fahrenheit 451" read by Ray Bradbury (6 CD's) original artwork on cover...pretty much new condition, I think $20 bucks shipped is fair if someone would like it. Let me know.
Let me know....

Patrick
09-12-2009, 09:33 PM

I didn't! I might - but not now. I did, however, download the Just After Sunset audiobook... Perfect to listen to at night, under the covers, in a rainstorm! :scared:
:panic: I mostly listen during my long commute.

They did a nice job on JAS with the different readers for each story.

I'm a big fan of all the King audio titles, I already have the ones mentioned but i'm still looking forward to the re-release as CD quality is so much better than the old cassettes.

Finally managed to download the BBC7 production of Blaze a while back, that took some finding!. It's only 1:23 minutes long though, now I didn't expect it to be anywhere near the length of the standard Blaze audio but I hope I haven't missed a part, I don't want to listen to it as i've not read the novel yet.
The unabridged audiobook is just over 8 hours. Check it out (http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/products/ProductDetail.jsp?productID=BK_SANS_000927&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes).

I never listen to abridged versions. Bleh.

Cloysterpete
09-13-2009, 02:20 AM
I've got the unabridged Ron McClarty one, 8hr 10m 37s lol

The 1hr 23min one I have is not an unabridged reading of the Ron McClarty audio, It's a BBC radio play/dramatization. While I can't speak for the quality of this one usually they are multi-cast affairs with music, sound effects etc.

While you wouldn't pick one over the standard audio-book there interesting (and FREE!) productions, certainly you can't compare them to a dis-jointed reading of the standard audio-book. There are a few of them Mist, Children of the Corn, Pet Sem etc, and as there radio plays you don't have to pay $20 or whatever for them!.

Aki
09-13-2009, 03:56 AM
Apparently I was wrong.

S&S is just "re-packaging" of Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

Darn. Well it's an all star line-up of readers... Stephen King, Kathy Bates, Matthew Broderick, Tim Curry, Jerry Garcia, David Cronenberg, Gary Sinise, Joe Morton, Joe Mantegna, Grace Slick, Frank Muller, Tim Curry, Rob Lowe, Whoopi Goldberg, Yeardley Smith and Tabitha King.

They sell the book in 3 volumes though. That sucks. If you wanted to buy the whole thing, it's $70!!!!!Wait wait wait, Yeardley Smith? I have only seen (heard) her in the role of Lisa Simpson, but I've also heard her using her "normal" voice. Her reading a horror novel (or ANY novel) would only make me laugh I believe... But I might be wrong.

Patrick
09-13-2009, 09:08 AM
I've got the unabridged Ron McClarty one, 8hr 10m 37s lol

The 1hr 23min one I have is not an unabridged reading of the Ron McClarty audio, It's a BBC radio play/dramatization. While I can't speak for the quality of this one usually they are multi-cast affairs with music, sound effects etc.

While you wouldn't pick one over the standard audio-book there interesting (and FREE!) productions, certainly you can't compare them to a dis-jointed reading of the standard audio-book. There are a few of them Mist, Children of the Corn, Pet Sem etc, and as there radio plays you don't have to pay $20 or whatever for them!.
In that case, I'd listen to the Ron McLarty unabridged reading first for the full story as King intended it. Then I'd listen the short BBC production for the entertainment value of the dramatization.

Cloysterpete
09-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Good compromise, I've listened to the first minute of the BBC production and it does sound a more interesting voice to listen to than Ron McLarty, though I hope everyone would either do as Patrick says or read the book first!.

It's anyone interested I can post it up here if i'm allowed, it's only from the radio so it's not something thats sold anywhere commercially for a profit (eg illegal audio-book CD rip).

mikeC
09-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Ron McLarty is the only reader to actually bore me while reading an SK book. Either that or it was Blaze the story.
Hello, some fo you might remember me as filibuster19 back in the day, i had to re register after the site redesign. Good to see everyone is doing well.
Bag of Bones is the only audio book i believe that would be considered a collectible b/c of the high production value for the packaging.

mikeC
09-15-2009, 10:47 AM
As far as the new re-released audio editions, i think they are very poor quality. The audio is very low, House on Maple Street has a clicking/clunking noise in the background the whole time and they never bothered to edit the music cues that were used for when you turned the tape over in the originals.
They readers/narrarators are great though. Yeardly Smith reads Rainy Season and is quite good.
I am not a big fan of the audible/itunes versions because of the audio quality. Most of the re-released audio editions on these sites were taken directly from the audio cassette versions and not from the master tapes, which mean that there was no cleaning up of the sound or anything, which is ridiculous!
Basically they are getting free money for those and quite insulting to me, really.
Also, they released Regulators and Desperation in abridgements, also insulting.

I am very happen that Under the Dome will be on audio.

Cloysterpete
09-15-2009, 11:33 AM
That disappointing to hear fili, lazy god-for-nuthin' audio producers lol.

I wonder how long the Dome audio will be, 40 hours?.

Randall Flagg
09-15-2009, 01:47 PM
That disappointing to hear fili, lazy god-for-nuthin' audio producers lol.

I wonder how long the Dome audio will be, 40 hours?.
24 CD's = 28 hours.

mae
09-15-2009, 05:55 PM
For which King titles did they released abridged audiobooks?

jhanic
09-15-2009, 06:05 PM
As far as I know, Regulators, and Desperation. If you want to be technical, the 3-D Mist is also a kind of abridgement, as is the radio version of Pet Semetary. I don't own any of these except The Mist, but I do own the full audio of Regulators and Desperation. There may have been an abridged version of Thinner, too.

John

Dolan
09-15-2009, 08:45 PM
The Regulators and Desperation are the only full length novels (according to Audible.com) that come abridged.

the 3D audio of the mist was really great.

Have you guys ever heard of those "Cape Cod Radio Mysteries?" They came only as cassettes. When I was a kid there was one I listened to that scared the shit out of me. I listened to it about a year ago and couldn't stop laughing... But they were scary!!!

Dolan
09-16-2009, 01:08 PM
another REALLY great audio book is "Airframe" by Michael Crichton.

Patrick
09-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Hello, some fo you might remember me as filibuster19 back in the day, i had to re register after the site redesign. Good to see everyone is doing well.
Welcome Mike C. aka filibuster19! You should not have had to re-register here at TDT.com. If you were thinking of the defunct TDT.net, this is not a redesign, but a whole new site altogether with a lot of familiar faces.

By the way, once you get to 5 posts, more member abilities will open to you.

- - -
On the topic of audible.com, I rarely have quality issues with the downloads, and I consider the low membership prices to be fair.

mikeC
09-17-2009, 05:52 AM
Thanks Patrick, I hadn't posted anything in 3 years so I figured my account didn't exsist anymore. Oh well.
Does anyone else think Lindsay Crouse is the best narrarator besides King?

mikeC
09-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Anyway - to get to the point of this long post, I noticed on the S&S website that they are coming out with 3 new King audiobooks:

Read by Tim Curry, Stephen King, Matthew Broderick and Eve Beglarian (http://books.simonandschuster.com/End-of-the-Whole-Mess/Stephen-King/9780743598231)

Read by: Joe Morton, Stephen King, Joe Mantegna, Full Cast and Domenic Custern (http://books.simonandschuster.com/Sorry-Right-Number/Stephen-King/9780743598255)

and

Read by: Stephen King, Frank Muller, Gary Sinese and Grace Slick (http://books.simonandschuster.com/It-Grows-on-You/Stephen-King/9780743598248)

Anyone else interested in getting these? Not really a collectible, per say... but I'd personally love to hear a real recording of Sorry, Right Number!

These might be delayed, they were supposed to come out 10/29 but my amazon cart says they will ship in 1 to 2 months, and that's usually a bad sign...S&S is not good.

mikeC
09-23-2009, 06:47 AM
Also, I had 10 of my SK audio books stolen out of my car (they left the money and golf clubs) but they took the most expensive ones salems lot, bag of bones, talisman, the shining...so if you see some on the cheap please let me know, thanks!

Cloysterpete
09-27-2009, 07:45 AM
Everybody there is an unabridged release of Desperation that came out in 1997 (or at least thats when the copyright is from), it's 20hr 54min and is read by King. Done by Recorded Books Inc, maybe the one's done by Recorded Books don't get picked up by Audible.

I think it's just the Kathy Bates (8hr 25m) one that abridged.

Dolan
09-27-2009, 09:14 AM

and

These might be delayed, they were supposed to come out 10/29 but my amazon cart says they will ship in 1 to 2 months, and that's usually a bad sign...S&S is not good.

Mike - I figured out that S&S is just re-marketing the Nightmares & Dreamscapes audiobook. There is nothing different about these audiobooks other than the title. For instance, "The End of the Whole Mess (and other stories) By Stephen King" is only Nightmares & Dreamscapes, Part 2 with a new title...

So if you want to download it now, just buy the N&D which is available now, but quite pricey if you ask me...

mikeC
09-28-2009, 06:43 AM
Thanks Dolan, yea, i know that's it just re-branding for cd that's what's so frustrating, because they spent zero time to fix up the audio, it's the same with all the other ones they released over the year (misery, gerald's...)

Dolan
09-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Here is a download to that Michael Crichton audiobook i was telling you about, Airframe. A good thriller!

Part 1 (http://rapidshare.com/files/17809056/MC-Airframe.part1.rar.html)
Part 2 (http://rapidshare.com/files/17809060/MC-Airframe.part2.rar.html)

(you will need WinRAR to extract the files... if you need, you can download that here (http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html).

mikeC
10-01-2009, 06:34 AM
Cool, thanks dude. Aren't his books abridged though?
I was going to buy dan simmons last book but his are abridged too, i think they will be releasing nu-abridged of DS books soon.
Did they release who's reading Dome yet?

mikeC
10-06-2009, 11:11 AM
amazon has pre-orders for alot of new audiobooks, some of which I don't think exsist in any form (It, danse macrabe and the bachman books)!@

Randall Flagg
10-23-2009, 06:53 AM
Under the Dome will be read by Raul Esparza. 30 CD's! $75.
Link (http://books.simonandschuster.com/Under-the-Dome/Stephen-King/9780743597302)

Dolan
10-23-2009, 07:21 AM
Link (http://books.simonandschuster.com/Under-the-Dome/Stephen-King/9780743597302)

Audible will probably have it in 2 or 3 volumes. Meaning if you are a member, you would have to use 2-3 credits (usually books are just one credit).

This is one of those books that I would rather read from the page...

Patrick
10-23-2009, 11:46 PM

Audible will probably have it in 2 or 3 volumes. Meaning if you are a member, you would have to use 2-3 credits (usually books are just one credit).

This is one of those books that I would rather read from the page...
Kenny, I've never used more than one credit for a single book at audible.com - no matter how long, or how many pieces the audio is broken into. Why do you think this audiobook would be any different?

Dolan
10-24-2009, 06:38 AM
Take Nightmares and Dreamscapes... they split it into three volumes and charged members three credits.

For me, one credit costs $11. If they did that for N&D, why not this new book? And if they don't - all the better for us!

Cloysterpete
10-24-2009, 07:06 AM
Take Nightmares and Dreamscapes... they split it into three volumes and charged members three credits.

For me, one credit costs $11. If they did that for N&D, why not this new book? And if they don't - all the better for us!

But it wasn't audible who split it was it?. It was split by the publisher, they treated it as three separate releases with different release dates.

It's easy to do that with short stories but who would do something daft like that with a novel?, especially a large book like Dome.

Cutter
10-24-2009, 07:35 AM

But it wasn't audible who split it was it?. It was split by the publisher, they treated it as three separate releases with different release dates.

It's easy to do that with short stories but who would do something daft like that with a novel?, especially a large book like Dome.

Yep, it's split into three different packaged cd's too. It's not just audible.

Dolan
10-24-2009, 09:50 AM

My experence is that with books that large, it is usually split... but I don't know that for sure. I assumed that it might be the case.

Let's hope it's not! :thumbsup:

Patrick
10-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Good points about N&D, but hopefully this complete novel will not be split up. My bet is that UTD won't be.

Dolan
10-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Even better!!!!

Randall Flagg
11-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Link in middle of page has an excerpt from the actual audio book.
http://books.simonandschuster.com/Under-the-Dome/Stephen-King/9781439148501

mikeC
11-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks for posting this.
Raul Esparza sounds like Mathew Brodrick a little. He sounds familiar though I can't find if he did any other sk books. He sounds ok, although i would have liked them to use someone familiar for a 1000 page plus book that costs 45+ dollars. I hope you can't hear his spittle in his mouth like you can in the excerpt the whole time.
I'm not a big fan of men changing their voices to sound like women in audio books. Actually this guy doing it, is pretty terrible.
Oh well.

Randall Flagg
11-04-2009, 07:23 AM
Info on Raul Esparza from the Internet Movie Database (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1654778/)

mikeC
11-24-2009, 09:20 AM
I hope steve reads some of these:

Danse Macabre by Stephen King and William Dufris
(Jan 26, 2010)
Publisher: Brilliance Audio on CD Unabridged Lib Ed; Library edition

UR by Stephen King and TBA
(Feb 16, 2010) S&S

Penguin Audio:
The Running Man Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(April 1, 2010)
Roadwork Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(April 1, 2010)
The Long Walk Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(April 1, 2010)
Firestarter Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(April 1, 2010)
Cujo Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(April 1, 2010)
The Tommyknockers Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(May 13, 2010)
It Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(May 13, 2010)
The Eyes of the Dragon Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(May 13, 2010)
The Dark Half Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(May 13, 2010)
Christine Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(May 13, 2010)

Cloysterpete
11-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Nice list dude!

mikeC
11-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks dude! i like making lists.
Have you heard this Danse Macrabe, it might already exsist.
Also, i remember hearing One for the Road but I can't find it, i think traded you something for it. Or is that just in my mind...
It wasn't a british play version though.

Cloysterpete
11-25-2009, 10:21 AM
I only just got the audio for Danse not long ago, I hadn't even got round to checking it until just now, it's a low quality cassette conversion narrated by Merwin Smith. Runs to about 22hr but it's such low quality it would be hard to listen to for that long. I guess the CD release must be a nice new edition if it's narrated by William Dufris!.

As for One For The Road I have a decent quality mp3 of that one, 40min long and read by Colin Fox.

mikeC
01-06-2010, 06:54 AM
The guy that reads Under the Dome is horrendous! I'm not sure i can listen to it all. he reads maine cops like they are from the south, all woman like they are southern bells, all townsfolk like they are from a one act play in high school.
Boo, i say, boo.

Dolan
01-13-2010, 08:57 AM
I agree. I got the Under The Dome audiobook with audible since it was one credit and the guy isn't very good. I mean - I find him more bearable than Mike may - but it was hardly the best ever...

mikeC
01-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Thanks posting your view, I thought i was the only one. Raul must have his friends posting positive reviews of him on the web.
I thought the guy that read Blaze was boring but not terrible.
I hope they pick good ones for the upcoming books.
On a side note I started downloading documentaries from itunes (monty python, american experience) to listen to in the car, it's a good substitute for audiobooks sometimes.
I'm just listening to them, not watching the video while i drive.

lophophoras
01-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Her's a link to listen to a excerpt of the upcoming release of UR on audio:

http://books.simonandschuster.com/UR/Stephen-King/9781442303096?custd=33952

Randall Flagg
01-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks. We'll leave this up for a few days and then merge it into the Audiobooks thread.

mikeC
03-10-2010, 07:49 AM
UR was a great listen. Kind of a throwaway story, I think thats why SK fealt the need to throw in the DT stuff.
Anyone get Danse Macrabe? The discs are in individual envelopes.
I will start listening today.

Calla_Wolf
03-11-2010, 03:49 AM
interesting thread. I've had an almost complete collection of King audios for several years now, the notable items being the complete Bachman Books. I now see that penguin are releasing three of the hitherto unavailable four...

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-11-2010, 04:28 AM
Strange that the only novel not available on audio, is King's most popular work.
The Stand Uncut.

Damn you Doubleday :shoot:

Calla_Wolf
03-11-2010, 04:38 AM
Strange that the only novel not available on audio, is King's most popular work.
The Stand Uncut.

Is that the ONLY one not on audio (along with Rage) ?
(I have both on audio)

Ben Mears
03-11-2010, 04:51 AM
Too bad The Dead Zone isn't included.

mikeC
03-11-2010, 07:03 AM
the hitherto unavailable four...

what does this mean? Are you just saying that Rage is the only one they're not releasing?

I made an xl sheet to keep track of all of them, do you have something like this? This isnt something alot of sites have, even king's own is not very good.

mikeC
03-11-2010, 07:05 AM
"Too bad The Dead Zone isn't included"
yes very lame. Unless they are recording a new version.
I'm assuming the ones they are releasing in the upcoming months are just old recording on CD, is this what you guys think?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-11-2010, 12:08 PM
The Stand Uncut.

Is that the ONLY one not on audio (along with Rage) ?
(I have both on audio)

I have them both on audio as well, but it's The Stand (Bruce Hunti) and not The Stand Uncut.

jhanic
03-11-2010, 01:42 PM
There are a lot of ones coming:

http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Search/QuickSearchProc/1,,,00.html?strSearch=&searchProfile=US-590611-global&advSearchStr=author%3A%22fastpbfast+Stephen+King+f astpbfast%22&homeNav=&adv=0&textSearch=&retainableText=&path=&sortBy=pubdateDsc

John

mikeC
03-11-2010, 02:31 PM
nothing to see here..

mikeC
03-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Updated:

Penguin Audio:
The Running Man Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
Kevin Kenerly
(April 1, 2010)
Roadwork Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
Valmont Thomas
(April 1, 2010)
The Long Walk Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(April 1, 2010)
Kirby Hayborne
Firestarter Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(April 1, 2010)
Dennis Boutsikaris
Cujo Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(April 1, 2010)
Lora Rayer
The Tommyknockers Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(May 13, 2010)
Edward Herrmann
It Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(May 13, 2010)
Steven Weber
The Eyes of the Dragon Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(May 13, 2010)
Brosnon Pinchot
The Dark Half Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(May 13, 2010)
Grover Gardner
Christine Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
(May 13, 2010)
Holter Graham
I doubt all these will be released 5 at a time on these 2 days. Calla/Cloysterpete are these the ones that did the old versions or did Steve read these?
Thanks

thebumblerinblack
03-12-2010, 01:19 AM
Audio books are cool, but they can ruin a good book, like some people have already mentioned. A bad narrator almost made me not like the grapes of wrath, I mean damn.
I used to make fake teeth for a living, and they'd let me listen to headphones at work, I was really into audiobooks for awhile, and some of these people they pick to read, jeezus louisus! I heard this one (cant remember which book or I'd tell ya) where you could hear the woman narrator's stomach growling and making noise every once in awhile, gross huh? But the guy who reads the dark tower books, George Guidall, is awesome. And there's a fully dramatized BBC version of Pet Semetary that kicks ass as well.

ladysai
03-14-2010, 11:09 AM
But the guy who reads the dark tower books, George Guidall, is awesome.
If you enjoyed DT read by Guidall, you MUST hear the versions done by Frank Mueller!
Stephen King himself called Mueller the voice of the series, or something along those lines.

Ben Mears
03-14-2010, 11:24 AM
I like Frank Mueller and Ron McLarty for SK books on tape.

jhanic
03-14-2010, 01:09 PM
I think I've said this before, but I absolutely LOVE Frances Sternhagen's reading of Dolores Claiborne. She IS Dolores!

John

Brice
03-15-2010, 05:13 AM
Stephen King himself is always who I most want reading his stories to me.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-15-2010, 07:21 AM

...as he tucks me in at night?

mae
03-15-2010, 12:00 PM
I think I've said this before. I've tried many times to listen to audiobooks. I just cannot get into them. My mind wanders, for whatever reason. When I'm reading an actual book, I'm totally concentrated on reading. If I do let my mind wander as I read, I can always back up a paragraph and re-read. But for the most part, I'm in the zone. With audio, after a little while it becomes noise. I hear the words but after a while they just begin to sound like gibberish... :cyclops:

herbertwest
03-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Does anyone have the audiobook of "ASSASSINATION VACATION", by Sarah Vowell?

Apparently, in that book, Stephen King "plays" Abraham Lincoln...
And well, i guess that there isnt any writing by him with the CD?

Amazon.com: Assassination Vacation Abridged on CD in Box: Sarah (Author) Vowell: Books

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_Vacation

Patrick
03-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Does anyone have the audiobook of "ASSASSINATION VACATION", by Sarah Vowell?

Apparently, in that book, Stephen King "plays" Abraham Lincoln...
And well, i guess that there isnt any writing by him with the CD?

Amazon.com: Assassination Vacation Abridged on CD in Box: Sarah (Author) Vowell: Books (http://www.amazon.com/Assassination-Vacation-Abridged-CD-Box/dp/B002LCEP8S)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_Vacation
Yes. I downloaded it from audible.com of which I am a paying member. More info here (http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/products/ProductDetail.jsp?productID=BK_SANS_000577&BV_SessionID=@@@@0244564067.1268719061@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccckadejlkekdhgcefecekjdffidffj.0).

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-16-2010, 02:43 AM
Yes. I downloaded it from audible.com of which I am a paying member.

People pay? :ninja:

Brice
03-16-2010, 02:45 AM

...as he tucks me in at night?

Oh, he does the same for you? :lol:

mikeC
03-16-2010, 07:27 AM
Not sure why King didnt read Danse Macabre the guy that does read it is ok, but since it is in King's own voice the theatrics come off wrong.
I tried reading this book 3 times and couldnt get to the halfway point and I'm not sure the audio is the cure for this. I loved On Writing but SK read that himself which might have helped me get through Danse.
The extra stuff in the re-issue is just a list of King's favorite new movies in the last 10 or 20 years, I feel like I read it before maybe its from something else...like a long EW article or something.
Its great that the Under the Dome guy isnt reading any of the upcoming titles.

turtlex
03-16-2010, 07:29 AM
I'll tell you - a great voice artist can really make or break an audio book, for sure.

I listened to Matt Dillon reading On The Road, and I'm fairly sure that loud "thump" I heard was Jack Kerouac rolling over in his grave. It was horrible.

Patrick
03-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Yes. I downloaded it from audible.com of which I am a paying member.

People pay? :ninja:

Only in America. :lol:

(And then only sometimes.)

Gris
03-16-2010, 05:05 PM
About Rage...

Are you sure it was never released as an audio book? I have all four Bachman Books stories as audio, but They are MP3 format that I downloaded somewhere along the line. I don't have the original media, but from the sound of what I do have, it was obviously cassette.

Patrick
03-16-2010, 06:32 PM
I'll tell you - a great voice artist can really make or break an audio book, for sure.

I listened to Matt Dillon reading On The Road, and I'm fairly sure that loud "thump" I heard was Jack Kerouac rolling over in his grave. It was horrible.

Matt Dillon reading ON THE ROAD was my introduction to both audiobooks and to Kerouac's work years ago. I loved it. :unsure:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-16-2010, 11:34 PM
About Rage...

Are you sure it was never released as an audio book? I have all four Bachman Books stories as audio, but They are MP3 format that I downloaded somewhere along the line. I don't have the original media, but from the sound of what I do have, it was obviously cassette.

I have what you have. I think they were only released on cassette as, The Bachman Books, and not individually.

turtlex
03-17-2010, 02:54 AM

Matt Dillon reading ON THE ROAD was my introduction to both audiobooks and to Kerouac's work years ago. I loved it. :unsure:

:couple: Oh.... gosh. I just hated every second of it. Maybe because I had already been a huge fan of Kerouac and really, that audio for me felt forced and the tempo just so off.

Regardless, though, respect must be paid to any avenue which leads to a Kerouac fan!

Blaine Da Pain
03-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Hmm.. I have The Stand uncut in audio form.. I got it from a friend who got it, God knows where.. The reader is not very good, mispronounces things like Pontiac Bonneville as "Bon-vill".. It's 150 tracks worth of mp3's.. But after awhile, you can still live with the drawbacks.

I remember SK reading the first three DT books when released thru NAL, and then Frank Muller redoing them. Love Muller's narration, but love the original Gunslinger before King went back and "corrected" it.. Oh well

mae
03-26-2010, 05:59 AM
S&S is re-releasing Blood & Smoke for some reason.

mikeC
03-26-2010, 02:01 PM
S&S is re-releasing Blood & Smoke for some reason.
Probably because of the 1408 tie-in they had a couple years ago.
Great set of audio stories though. Steve reads!

mikeC
03-31-2010, 07:05 AM
Not sure why but this week's releases come out on a thursday instead of the normal tuesday.

herbertwest
03-31-2010, 12:05 PM
I've recieved the brand new french MISERY, and the publisher will also do DOLORES CLAIBORNE & something else... cant remember wot though...

Randall Flagg
04-20-2010, 06:16 AM
Per Bev Vincent:

Bestselling and Iconic Author Stephen King Publishes New Novella “Blockade Billy,” Available in the Kindle Store (http://www.your-story.org/bestselling-and-iconic-author-stephen-king-publishes-new-novella-%E2%80%9Cblockade-billy%E2%80%9D-available-in-the-kindle-store-179804/)

Kindle customers can now download Stephen King’s “Blockade Billy” and begin reading in under 60 seconds

SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN) today announced that the new novella by bestselling author Stephen King, “Blockade Billy,” is now available in Amazon’s Kindle Store (www.amazon.com/kindlestore (http://www.amazon.com/kindlestore)) for $7.99. The Kindle Store now includes over 480,000 books and the largest selection of the most popular books people want to read, including New York Times Bestsellers and New Releases. Over 1.8 million free, out-of-copyright, pre-1923 books are also available to read on Kindle, including titles such as “The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes,” “Pride and Prejudice” and “Treasure Island.”

“We’re excited to be able to offer our customers Stephen King’s new novella in the Kindle Store, especially after seeing customer enthusiasm for King’s Kindle-exclusive novella ‘UR,’” said Melissa Kirmayer, Director, Kindle Content. “’Blockade Billy,’ a shorter format book with a limited physical print run, is not only a great example of the publishing freedom Kindle allows writers, but also the rich content Kindle customers can find in the Kindle Store.”

“Blockade Billy” tells the story of William “Blockade Billy” Blakely. He may have been the greatest baseball player the game has ever seen, but today no one remembers his name. He was the first—and only—player to have his existence completely removed from the record books. Even his team is long forgotten, barely a footnote in the game’s history. Blockade Billy has a secret darker than any pill or injection that might cause a scandal in sports today. His secret was much, much worse… and only Stephen King can reveal the truth to the world, once and for all. Publishers Weekly writes of the book: “As King’s fiction goes . . . a deftly executed suicide squeeze, with sharp spikes hoisted high and aimed at the jugular on the slide home.”

The Kindle edition of “Blockade Billy” features both the cover illustration by Glen Orbik and the interior artwork of Alex McVey from the limited-edition hardcover published by Cemetery Dance Publications.

Stephen King has written more than 40 books, including “Misery,” “The Green Mile,” “Cujo,” “IT” and “Carrie.” He is the winner of numerous awards, including the Bram Stoker Award, O. Henry Award, Horror Guild Award and was the 2003 recipient of the National Book Foundation’s Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters.

“Kindle is a great way for authors to make different lengths of their writing available and to reach diverse audiences with their work,” said Stephen King. “I’m excited to be able to offer ‘Blockade Billy’ in the Kindle Store.”

Kindle is in stock and available for immediate shipment today at www.amazon.com/kindle (http://www.amazon.com/kindle).

mikeC
04-21-2010, 06:16 AM
Per Bev Vincent:

Bestselling and Iconic Author Stephen King Publishes New Novella “Blockade Billy,” Available in the Kindle Store (http://www.your-story.org/bestselling-and-iconic-author-stephen-king-publishes-new-novella-%E2%80%9Cblockade-billy%E2%80%9D-available-in-the-kindle-store-179804/)

Kindle is in stock and available for immediate shipment today at www.amazon.com/kindle (http://www.amazon.com/kindle).

So....who narrates it?

Randall Flagg
04-21-2010, 06:23 AM
My screw-up. I suppose the user reads the Kindle. :orely:

mikeC
04-22-2010, 07:50 AM
Craig Wasson reads BB, not sure about Morality.

sleeplessdwarf
04-22-2010, 10:04 AM
I planned to go with the audio version after reading this thread a bit, but once I got to Amazon, I just bought the kindle version for my iphone. I can't wait to start reading tonight.

mikeC
05-14-2010, 06:00 AM
I'm confused of how they are releasing some of these audiobooks, are they rights issues?
they released the first 3 books then skipped dead zone and the stand, released a whole bunch in a row then skipped Pet Semetary.

Dolan
05-18-2010, 07:41 AM
I am also interested in an audiobook version of The Stand... I didn't realize until recently that there wasn't one (from Audible, anyway) of "IT."

I'm gonna ask a rep from audible about that....

Dolan
05-19-2010, 08:29 AM
From Audible:

We do our best to add the titles requested by our customers, but please bear in mind that there are titles we cannot add to our inventory. Some books are not available because they have not been recorded; fewer than 5% of all books published in print are also released in audio. In other cases, the book has been produced in audio, but the Internet distribution rights to that title are not available.

mikeC
05-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Thanks for that info.
Its been produced in audio but like most of the earlier audio versions i think they were for libraries only. I could be wrong though.
Interesting quote about the 5%. I bet SK books probably make up a huge percentage of audio books that are actually purchased.

Ari_Racing
05-29-2010, 10:11 AM
I've just received an email from Amazon with this.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51CfWADKAbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Even when it's really expensive, it looks cool :)

Amazon.com: The Tommyknockers (9781441738844): Stephen King, Edward Herrmann: Books

e_taylor
05-29-2010, 11:09 AM
You can also order direct from the publisher other editions and this one for much less.

http://www.blackstoneaudio.com/search.cfm?search=tommyknockers

Randall Flagg
05-30-2010, 06:40 AM
I guess the unit is called a 'Playaway (http://store.playawaydigital.com/)'

mikeC
06-01-2010, 06:44 AM
I was wondering if they still made those. Its an interesting concept but not sure why anyone would get one.
I believe the first one they made was Lisey's Story.

Cutter
06-01-2010, 09:45 AM
I was wondering if they still made those. Its an interesting concept but not sure why anyone would get one.
I believe the first one they made was Lisey's Story.
I agree, as far as I know you can't burn it to your computer so your stuck using the device. Digital and CD's are much more flexible.

Dolan
06-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Guys -

If you go here: http://ht.ly/23WV3 Audible.com is giving away a free audiobook (to current non-members only). No credit card required... no obligation. 50 books to choose from...

May want to check this out! I love this site. :nana:

mikeC
06-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Guys -

If you go here: http://ht.ly/23WV3 Audible.com is giving away a free audiobook (to current non-members only). No credit card required... no obligation. 50 books to choose from...

Thanks, The Road has been in my cart for months.
I've also been curious about Simmons' Hyperion series.
Most of his books are abridged.
The guy that reads the new version on Tommyknockers is awesome.

CRinVA
06-30-2010, 06:33 AM
Guys -

OK I went to the site, selected a free audio book and now what; I go to my library and the book shows but I have no idea how to get it; i selected download and got a 369bit perl programming file. I try stream and get page error - what am I doing wrong?

ladysai
07-02-2010, 08:18 PM
CR-
you need to download the Audible Download Manager or similar software from the Audible site to download any title. Look for the software link.
Hope that helps.
:)

turtlex
07-14-2010, 06:00 AM
I'm listening to one of my favorite books on audio - Lord Valentine's Castle by Robert Silverberg ...

... and seriously, this is one of those instances where the reader of the novel is completely ruining the story for me. I'm bummed.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-14-2010, 06:46 AM
I'm bummed.

:scared:

(Must mean something else in the USA)

shnnrc01
07-14-2010, 06:50 AM
nice!!

turtlex
07-14-2010, 06:53 AM
I'm bummed.

(Must mean something else in the USA)

Yeah, likely. :lol: But thanks for the laugh.

Basically, it means that it makes me sad.

mikeC
07-14-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear. Was it Raul Esparza?
Anyone listen to the free streaming book available on CD?

ladysai
07-17-2010, 08:13 AM
I'm listening to one of my favorite books on audio - Lord Valentine's Castle by Robert Silverberg ...

... and seriously, this is one of those instances where the reader of the novel is completely ruining the story for me. I'm bummed.

I HATE when that happens! I've started listening to several audiobooks that were like nails on a chalkboard because the reader's approach to the written words was so dull, lifeless, and careless. To have that happen with a favorite book is horrible!

I've just had the opposite experience with "The Prince of Tides" by Pat Conroy as read by Frank Muller.
I've adored Frank Muller's talents with the spoken word since listening to his readings of the Dark Tower; but, I had no idea he had done a reading of Pat Conroy's wonderful book about the south. I'd read the book myself years ago, and it taught me much about my new home and the characters who thrive in the humid swamps of old traditions. I loved the story and the way Conroy brought the surroundings of the Wingo family into brilliant focus. I never realized how lyrical and poetic those descriptions were until I heard Frank Muller read the story. Somehow, he brought a tender depth and broad richness to the book; and the entire work was transformed into a sublime experience.
Amazing how much a voice interpretation can change the written word!

turtlex
07-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Frank Muller's work ... I've never been disappointed. He's the exception. So talented and really he BRINGS to a project and never distracts from it.

Room 217 Caretaker
07-18-2010, 03:24 AM
Frank Muller's work ... I've never been disappointed. He's the exception. So talented and really he BRINGS to a project and never distracts from it.

I agree. Frank was fantastic. RIP Frank Muller (May 5, 1951 – June 4, 2008 )

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Dolan
11-15-2010, 05:16 PM
I just finished "A Good Marriage" audiobook which was read by Jessica Hecht...

Jeez. I have to say... this woman ruined the entire story. Her voice was so ANNOYING. She talked like an adult would talk to a baby and when she narrated the voice of the husband, she groveled her voice to something equally as annoying.

This makes "Under The Dome" sound like a gem.

However, A Good Marriage was my favorite novella in the new book. Had a little "Dolores Claiborne" undertones to it...but still very good.

mikeC
11-16-2010, 07:26 AM
I never understand the need for the narrators to do "voices" like it's a play or something. Mueller did it a few times (mostly in the DT series) but mostly he read the book with passion and sensibility. Lindsey Crouse and Mare Willingham were awesome they should just stick with those 2.
I haven't listened to this book yet I couldn't afford new ones for a long time and started listening to the DT books again, I have to decide whether to finish up the series (i'm on disc 8 of DT2) or take a break from them and listen to this one.
Man I love that Barnes and Noble card, 30% off FullDarkNoStars, cheaper than amazon!

Randall Flagg
11-16-2010, 03:28 PM
How many CD's are in the audio of Full Dark No Stars?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-16-2010, 03:47 PM

Don't know how many CDs, but there are 13 mp3 files - 14 hours 50 minutes.

mikeC
11-17-2010, 07:35 AM

Don't know how many CDs, but there are 13 mp3 files - 14 hours 50 minutes.
MRT: still stealing eh?

RF: 12 cds.

Randall Flagg
11-17-2010, 08:00 AM
I believe Mr. Rabbit Trick always stays within the confines of the law.

Patrick
11-17-2010, 11:44 AM
audible.com is a great place to download legally. I rarely know how many CD's are in an audiobook anymore.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-17-2010, 04:13 PM

True.

I only have 2 King audiobooks on cassette, these are the S/L DT ones which I bought on ebay. I have every King audiobook on mp3, which have all been downloaded for no cost.

UK law allows you to download ANY file legally (other than kiddy porn). The illegal thing is to share or distribute these files.

... and I would never do that :)

thegreattim
11-19-2010, 05:37 PM
...UK law allows you to download ANY file legally. The illegal thing is to share or distribute these files.

Really? Huh, wow! That is a very liberal stance on copyright laws I was not aware of. I always hear Cory Doctorow (Boing Boing, EFF) talking about how the UK has the some of the most draconian copyright laws. Especially with the all the new digital revisions. Stuff about peoples net connection being shut off at the un-litigated request of Big Media for alleged and unproven acts of copyright violation. Then again, I'm not a UK citizen and could just be confusing that with what they are trying to do to us in the states. :)

mikeC
12-02-2010, 07:41 AM
The guy that reads the first story of No Stars was excellent.

mikeC
12-03-2010, 07:15 AM
Dolan, you are right, the woman narrator for this book is Brutal. She is still better than Sir Raul Esparza, the worst reader in all of the universe.
S&S is not good at picking narrators.

Dolan
12-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Dolan, you are right, the woman narrator for this book is Brutal. She is still better than Sir Raul Esparza, the worst reader in all of the universe.
S&S is not good at picking narrators.

It's so sad because I REALLY love this story... but this woman murders it. aye...

mikeC
12-15-2010, 07:28 AM
Dolan, I am almost done the last story and I started to think that maybe they picked this woman b/c she reads the stories as though she were reading a children's book on purpose. That the stories are so dark that they thought "hey wouldn't it be cool if she read these dark nasty sad stories as though she were reading a child a bedtime story".

But then I realized that S and S are terrible at the production of these audio books and they could never be that creative. I know that's a mean thing to say but they did make me suffer through some 30 discs of Future Golden Globe winner Raul Esparza, and they jam those audio cues right down your throat! Deh dehn dehhh, THE STORIES OVER!!! Here comes another story!!!

She did kind of grow on me after awhile.
These were some pretty f'd up stories though.

mikeC
01-03-2011, 08:17 AM
The guy that reads Running Man is great. I forgot how good this book was.
I am listening to The Hunger games book 1 now. It's pretty good so far.

WeDealInLead
07-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Does anyone listen to audio books? I bought my first one on Tuesday at a Goodwill. The Wolves.. in mint shape for $4. There are parts of it that in the actual book didn't do anything for me, that on CD give a whole new perspective on the text. Callahan's first words in the book were just some angry words from some angry old man but when the part "Shut up farmer!" came on, I had gooseflesh all over. Such a monolithic and powerful moment. Tian's reflections on his sister as a child was really emotional too.

Sooo... pro? con? Audio books will never take the place of the real thing for me but now I have something to do on the way to and from work etc.

jhanic
07-16-2011, 08:45 AM
I used to listen to audio books all the time while I was on the road for work. Since I've retired, I don't listen to them anymore, though.

Try Dolores Claiborne read by Frances Sternhagen. It's one of the best!

John

Patrick
07-16-2011, 09:44 AM
WeDeal, there's an audiobook thread here. I'll dig it up.

EDIT: Here it is. Posts moved. :)

WeDealInLead
07-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Thanks. I didn't know about it.

Ben Mears
07-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Does anyone listen to audio books? I bought my first one on Tuesday at a Goodwill. The Wolves.. in mint shape for $4. There are parts of it that in the actual book didn't do anything for me, that on CD give a whole new perspective on the text. Callahan's first words in the book were just some angry words from some angry old man but when the part "Shut up farmer!" came on, I had gooseflesh all over. Such a monolithic and powerful moment. Tian's reflections on his sister as a child was really emotional too.

Sooo... pro? con? Audio books will never take the place of the real thing for me but now I have something to do on the way to and from work etc.

Pro. I think Ron McLarty and Frank Muller are the best King readers. I'm currently listening to Dan Simmons' Summer Of Night and Dan John Miller is doing an excellent job. Makes my long drives pleasant.

Ben Mears
07-16-2011, 10:00 AM
I used to listen to audio books all the time while I was on the road for work. Since I've retired, I don't listen to them anymore, though.

Try Dolores Claiborne read by Frances Sternhagen. It's one of the best!

John

Agreed.

Patrick
07-16-2011, 10:12 AM
I do a lot of driving, so I listen to a lot of audiobooks. Now I'm listening to FULL DARK, NO STARS. The guy who reads the first story is perfect for the role.

Shannon
07-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Ever since I bought a bundle of audiobooks off eBay a while ago, I've been listening to the CDs in the car to and from work. I prefer to listen to the short stories, because they're short and you can finish one most of the time in a day, you know? But it's so weird how different people reading, and their voices, can change how much you like the story, either for better or worse. For example, I'm in the middle of Cujo right now, and the woman narrating it, Lorna Raver ... is quite irritating. To me, anyway.

LadyHitchhiker
07-16-2011, 11:10 AM
I'm listening to the Star Trek movie (the new one) on audio and it's quite good. Read by Zachary Quinto! :)

Patrick
07-17-2011, 08:52 AM
... it's so weird how different people reading, and their voices, can change how much you like the story, either for better or worse. ...
Totally true.

TwistedNadine
07-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Which one did SK narrate? I remember listening to that one and thinking he is a MUCH MUCH better writer than he is a narrator.

Shannon
07-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Which one did SK narrate? I remember listening to that one and thinking he is a MUCH MUCH better writer than he is a narrator.

LOL I agree wholeheartedly, I've only heard him on a few short stories but man oh man ... lol. Although I laughed out loud when he said this line from 1408 ...

"Was 'heebie-jeebies' short for Hebrew jeebies? But that was ridiculous. That would be 'Hebrew-jebrews ...'"

lol hebrew jebrews.

Ric
07-17-2011, 12:38 PM

King has narrated quite a few including the first three Dark Tower stories, Desperation, On Writing, and various short stories.

TwistedNadine
07-17-2011, 08:36 PM
It might have been one of the short stories (its been a while). In fact, I dont listen to audio books and this was a sort of experiment to see if I could listen while driving and still enjoy the story. Anyway I did decide I much prefer the book in my hand so havent listened to any others.

mikeC
07-18-2011, 06:35 AM
80 miles, 2hour and 20 minutes a day in the car.
Audio books have saved me from insanity.
Just finished re-listening to DT4, then going to IT, but it's summer time, and I think maybe Salems' Lot would be better and start my fall bi-annual listening of the Talisman before the November SK book.
That's why I was bummed about the length of Keyhole, that's only 10 days of driving.

TwistedNadine
07-18-2011, 06:46 AM

Every day???

blavigne
07-18-2011, 08:35 AM

Every day???

My drive varies from day to day but I average between six and eight hundred miles per week. Some days I can cover four to five CD's!! I have been stuck in a rut with The Dark Tower. I am just finishing the second time I have listened to the entire thing all the way through but I think I need something new. I need CD's for my car. Is it cheaper to buy them already done or download and burn them yourself? Also is that difficult.

mikeC
07-18-2011, 09:55 AM
Every day???

Yes. I've been doing it for 4 1/2 years now, sometimes I hear people that do that for 20 years, that always blows my mind.

mikeC
07-18-2011, 10:01 AM

Every day???

My drive varies from day to day but I average between six and eight hundred miles per week. Some days I can cover four to five CD's!! I have been stuck in a rut with The Dark Tower. I am just finishing the second time I have listened to the entire thing all the way through but I think I need something new. I need CD's for my car. Is it cheaper to buy them already done or download and burn them yourself? Also is that difficult.
That's quite a long time in the car. Good thing there isn't any construction and people are so nice on the roads...
If you want to own them, I think a good thing to do is buy them used, I bought a couple from amazon 2nd party that were about half price on cd.
Bargain hunting is good if you don't want a ceratin title but just want something, Bookstores usually always have bragain ones.
Dolan says audible is the way to go.
Also if you have a library that lends them out, free is always the cheapest.

Patrick
07-18-2011, 10:14 AM
My monthly mileage is on par with mikec.

audible dot com is totally the way to go. Check out the subscription choices rather than buying in the form of one-off transactions.

Randall Flagg
12-06-2011, 09:11 AM
11/22/63 is read by Craig Wasson. He also read some of Full Dark, No Stars, and Blockade Billy.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-06-2011, 11:25 AM
The next one, due in January 2012 is:

Mile 81 / The Dune - Edward Herrmann and Thomas Sadoski

CRinVA
12-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Ah yes audio books hav saved my sanity as well. I commute three days a week, 90 minutes each way. Right now I am working my waythrough the entire Dune series. Occassionally I insert something different in between! I am reading 11/22/63 in the evenings and have put on reserve the audio book. I'll probalby get it in about three weeks - just in time to re-read it! I aslso have IT sitting in the wings - 35 disks at approximately 70 minutes per disk! Yikes!

Patrick
12-07-2011, 03:49 PM
11/22/63 is read by Craig Wasson. He also read some of Full Dark, No Stars, and Blockade Billy.

I was pleased with his performance on both FDNS and 11/22/63. I can imagine he'd be good on BB as well.

mikeC
12-21-2011, 07:21 AM
Random House Audio will be releasing the long-awaited unedited audiobook edition of The Stand which will be read by Grover Gardner. The exact date of publication has not yet been determined, but is tentatively scheduled to be on February 14, 2012. The recording will be released for purchase digitally by Audible.com and iTunes and available in the library market on CD.

I was really hoping they would do a cast for this but
Gardner is ok, he's a little bland.
I enjoyed his Simple Plan reading.

Only a couple more to go!

http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=2824

Ben Mears
12-21-2011, 08:44 AM

King has narrated quite a few including the first three Dark Tower stories, Desperation, On Writing, and various short stories.

I just finished listening to SK read Needful Things and thought he did a decent job. Currently I'm listening to Apt Pupil, read by Frank Muller, with IT on deck.

Ben Mears
12-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Random House Audio will be releasing the long-awaited unedited audiobook edition of The Stand which will be read by Grover Gardner. The exact date of publication has not yet been determined, but is tentatively scheduled to be on February 14, 2012. The recording will be released for purchase digitally by Audible.com and iTunes and available in the library market on CD.

Would love to hear The Dead Zone read by Ron McLarty. He did an excellent job with 'Salem's Lot and Blaze.

mikeC
12-22-2011, 08:03 AM
I'd like AM Hall read the Dead Zone.
The Stand has Lib on amazon
Stand, the (Lib)(CD)
next to it, is that Library edition and if so wouldn't it be the old version that only exists on tape?

Have they said who is reading Keyhole yet?

mikeC
01-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Amazon.com says Mile 81 "Ships in 1 to 2 months" doesn't it come out today?

Randall Flagg
01-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Try this link:
http://pages.simonandschuster.com/mile-81-audiobook/

Let us know if it works.

mikeC
01-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Try this link:
http://pages.simonandschuster.com/mile-81-audiobook/

Let us know if it works.

Now it's down to 7-10 days. I hope they're not falsifying this just to sell more audible versions.

Dolan
02-09-2012, 01:42 PM

Can someone let me know what this "long-awaited unedited audiobook edition of The Stand" is? I already have an uncut audiobook (the narrator escapes me), but it sounds like this is the first audiobook of its kind... I know I one though. And I know it's uncut because the play time is over 50 hours!

Randall Flagg
02-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Scribner announce King would be reading The Wind Through The Keyhole.

EXPLORER
02-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Scribner announce King would be reading The Wind Through The Keyhole.

VERY HAPPY to hear this... King is my favorite narrator of his stories & his books..

Don't mean to correct you however I saw this posted as
SimonandSchuster.com Alert for: Stephen King

"Stephen King to narrate the audio edition of
The Wind Through the Keyhole: A Dark Tower Novel."

Is it produced by Scribner or Simon & Schuster ?

Randall Flagg
02-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Scribner is a part of Simon and Schuster (Corporate List here (http://www.simonandschuster.biz/divisions-and-imprints/divisions-and-imprints)). The S&S site does list the hardback as a Scribner and the audio as
Product Details
Simon & Schuster Audio, April 2012
Unabridged Compact Disk, 10 disks
ISBN-10: 1442346965
ISBN-13: 9781442346963

LostAlivE
03-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Does anyone know when The Stand is going to be released? Amazon.com said Feb. 14th but never had any and they are temporary out.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Does anyone know when The Stand is going to be released? Amazon.com said Feb. 14th but never had any and they are temporary out.

It's been out for a while. It's already on the usual Torrent sites for nothing.

mikeC
03-05-2012, 11:27 AM

It's download only. Audible.com and iTunes have it.

mikeC
05-22-2012, 11:15 AM
I just found that SK's Ballad of the Flexible Bullet is in the audio version of
Poe's Children: The New Horror: An Anthology
I'm not sure who reads it though.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-22-2012, 11:59 AM
I just found that SK's Ballad of the Flexible Bullet is in the audio version of
Poe's Children: The New Horror: An Anthology
I'm not sure who reads it though.

My version is read by Frank Muller.

Dan
05-26-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm listening to Horns by Joe Hill. This book didn't seem to get much love if I recall correctly, but I really like it so far.

Pasiuk57
05-26-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm listening to The Wind through the Keyhole with Stephen King reading it. VERY good reading-his reading os really great-
Funny-I've never read a single book in the dark tower series but have listened to them all on cd's.
I am really enjoying this one however...

Patrick
05-26-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm listening to Horns by Joe Hill. This book didn't seem to get much love if I recall correctly, but I really like it so far.
I haven't done the audiobook of this one, I read the ARC. I really liked it too!

I'm listening to The Wind through the Keyhole with Stephen King reading it. VERY good reading-his reading os really great-
Funny-I've never read a single book in the dark tower series but have listened to them all on cd's.
I am really enjoying this one however...
I first "read" THE GUNSLINGER and THE DRAWING OF THE THREE via audiocassette read by Stephen King. It was fun to listen to TWTTKH - another Dark Tower novel read by him after all these years (although this time it was a download to my iPod).

mikeC
07-26-2012, 01:34 PM
It looks like both Jack Sawyer books are being released on cd
(Nov 6, 2012)
Black House for the first time!

Amazon also has Desperation and Regulators being released on cd March 2013.
It doesn't say if they are abridged or unabridged.

Brice
07-27-2012, 08:09 AM
It looks like both Jack Sawyer books are being released on cd
(Nov 6, 2012)
Black House for the first time!

I wonder if maybe they're gearing up for the third. :orely:

*hopes*

mikeC
07-27-2012, 11:45 AM
I think it has to do more with licensing

Peter Straub: "The new editions of the first two came about because the 10-year licenses on the previous editions came to an end, freeing us to sell the books all over again"
http://www.liljas-library.com/section.php?id=33

I'm happy about BH though b/c I think the quality of the audible/itunes version is lousy.

Randall Flagg
10-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Cheap price...so far:

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mIxFyb3qjxbE61vSMOqNanw.jpg (http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNABRIDGED-READ-BY-THE-AUTHOR-STEPHEN-KING-DRAWING-OF-THE-THREE-BKZZ-QQZZ-/370667634997?pt=US_Wholesale_Music_Cassettes&hash=item564d834135) http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif UNABRIDGED/REA​D BY THE AUTHOR STEPHEN KING DRAWING OF THE THREE BKZZ QQZZ (http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNABRIDGED-READ-BY-THE-AUTHOR-STEPHEN-KING-DRAWING-OF-THE-THREE-BKZZ-QQZZ-/370667634997?pt=US_Wholesale_Music_Cassettes&hash=item564d834135)

Randall Flagg
10-22-2012, 07:52 AM
http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/m/moUDe7KBkC58ivUr5ksAsbQ/140.jpghttp://q.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gifTHE SHINING by STEPHEN KING~UNABRIDGE​D CD AUDIOBOOK (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SHINING-STEPHEN-KING-UNABRIDGED-CD-AUDIOBOOK-/390485051687?pt=US_Audiobooks&hash=item5aeab90927)

shaq
10-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Audible has a sale, Carrie, Needful Things and The Shinning all at £5.99 each.

Great value.

Currently listening to The Talisman, so cannot wait for the Black House release in November

mikeC
10-23-2012, 06:08 AM
cannot wait for the Black House release in November
Me too. Audible used to have it, maybe they took it off b/c the quality was so bad.

shaq
10-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Maybe, I get the monthly credit, so for 7.99 ill have about 25 hours worth.

Hopefully it'll be ok. Looking forward to it as its one of the few I need to read before I start the dt7 book.

Started the whole series from scratch about 6 months back, and want to complete the lot including tenuous linked books by Christmas! Great fun up to now.

mikeC
10-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Started the whole series from scratch about 6 months back

I did the same thing, stopping at 4 to listen to Keyhole. Just finished dt7 Friday. Every time I listen there's more I like and less I don't (maybe I just ignore things as small failures while looking at the whole picture and how much I enjoy it).

Ari_Racing
10-24-2012, 06:49 AM
Today Amazon has a discount of 60% on audiobooks.

shaq
10-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Started the whole series from scratch about 6 months back

I did the same thing, stopping at 4 to listen to Keyhole. Just finished dt7 Friday. Every time I listen there's more I like and less I don't (maybe I just ignore things as small failures while looking at the whole picture and how much I enjoy it).

I'm enjoying running through all the DT books & linked books, listening to one, while reading another.

Currently listening to Hearts in Atlantis. Finding William Hurts voice very hypnotic, and I can't be 100% sure, but think he yawned halfway through a sentence!!

Very relaxed style of narrating.

Just this, Black House, and Insomnia to read or listen to before I pick up my Grants numbered DT VII to finish the series in style! How decadent! Lol

Randall Flagg
05-06-2013, 05:26 AM
Apt Pupil by Stephen King (2010, CD, Unabridged) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apt-Pupil-by-Stephen-King-2010-CD-Unabridged-/221223786282?pt=US_Audiobooks&hash=item3381f7172a)

Roadwork by Stephen King (2013, CD) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roadwork-by-Stephen-King-2013-CD-/221223786065?pt=US_Audiobooks&hash=item3381f71651)

Bag of Bones by Stephen King (2005, CD, Unabridged) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bag-of-Bones-by-Stephen-King-2005-CD-Unabridged-/221223785786?pt=US_Audiobooks&hash=item3381f7153a)

From a Buick 8 by Stephen King (2002, CD, Unabridged) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/From-a-Buick-8-by-Stephen-King-2002-CD-Unabridged-/221223785424?pt=US_Audiobooks&hash=item3381f713d0)

Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King (2010, CD, Unabridged) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Dark-No-Stars-by-Stephen-King-2010-CD-Unabridged-/221223784864?pt=US_Audiobooks&hash=item3381f711a0)

The Stephen King Collection : Stories from Night Shift by Stephen King (2005,... (http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Stephen-King-Collection-Stories-from-Night-Shift-by-Stephen-King-2005-/221223784290?pt=US_Audiobooks&hash=item3381f70f62)

Insomnia by Stephen King (2008, CD, Unabridged) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Insomnia-by-Stephen-King-2008-CD-Unabridged-/221223784035?pt=US_Audiobooks&hash=item3381f70e63)

Cell by Stephen King (2006, CD, Unabridged) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cell-by-Stephen-King-2006-CD-Unabridged-/221223783771?pt=US_Audiobooks&hash=item3381f70d5b)

listedJust after Sunset by Stephen King (2008, CD, Unabridged) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Just-after-Sunset-by-Stephen-King-2008-CD-Unabridged-/221223783463?pt=US_Audiobooks&hash=item3381f70c27)

The Breathing Method by Stephen King (2010, CD, Unabridged) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Breathing-Method-by-Stephen-King-2010-CD-Unabridged-/221223783240?pt=US_Audiobooks&hash=item3381f70b48)

Lisey's Story by Stephen King (2008, CD, Unabridged) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Liseys-Story-by-Stephen-King-2008-CD-Unabridged-/221223782859?pt=US_Audiobooks&hash=item3381f709cb)

Randall Flagg
05-08-2013, 11:12 AM
No one wants cassettes anymore, but cheap at $5.99 BIN:
SONG OF SUSANNAH~STEPHEN KING~14 HRS~10 CASSETTES~UNABRIDGED AUDIO BOOK~MINT! (http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONG-OF-SUSANNAH-STEPHEN-KING-14-HRS-10-CASSETTES-UNABRIDGED-AUDIO-BOOK-MINT-/321122466831?pt=US_Audiobooks&hash=item4ac463fc0f)

Randall Flagg
05-09-2013, 11:12 AM
$6.99 BIN:
The Gunslinger Bk. 1 by Stephen King (1988, Paperback) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Gunslinger-Bk-1-by-Stephen-King-1988-Paperback-/111070203920?pt=US_Texbook_Education&hash=item19dc4cd010)

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mr7ScqbnG7K-kUO6hOImeLQ.jpg

mikeC
08-20-2013, 12:30 PM
I was able to get Poe's Children new on cd which includes Ballad of the Flexible Bullet for $8 through amazon's secondary store market. I was happy to have another newer reading of the Skeleton Crew stories, especially one of the longer ones.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-27-2013, 07:38 AM
For info:

Stephen King reads the Author's Note at the start, and also the Author's Note at the end of Doctor Sleep. It says he recorded it in his home.

mikeC
02-06-2014, 07:17 AM
Going through amazon it looks a lot of these are out of print now. I hope they either re-stock amazon or make more of these.
Some of them that were re-packed are cheaper so hopefully they do that to more.

Randall Flagg
03-17-2014, 05:52 AM
30 CD's, 1 bid, $9099:

(http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Tommyknockers-1st-Edition-1st-Print-Near-Mint-Condition-Stephen-King-/161251692913?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item258b599171)

~ 11/22/63 by STEPHEN KING ~ UNABRIDGED CD'S AUDIOBOOK (http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-22-63-by-STEPHEN-KING-UNABRIDGED-CDS-AUDIOBOOK-/380865212928?pt=US_Audiobooks&hash=item58ad55f200)

Drake69
12-11-2014, 10:09 AM
Along with my HC and limited edition collecting, I also have most of King's library on Kindle with a few exceptions. I figure Cycle Of The Werewolf, Creepshow, and Nightmares in the Sky probably won't make it to Kindle seeing as they are heavily artwork related, but Christine has yet to be released. I do know that Pet Sematary was JUST RELEASED earlier this year, so I suspect there was some deal with Nook or some other format reader that has Christine locked down for awhile before Kindle release. Can anyone confirm this?

(P.S. - Bachman Books also won't be released either as a result of the pulling of Rage I suspect as well...)

Randall Flagg
12-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Drake69, I merged your thread into this one. Hopefully someone can answer your question.

Drake69
12-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Awesome. Thanks!

Be sure to note though, that it's not the Audiobook version of Christine, but the eReader one.

needfulthings
12-11-2014, 05:32 PM
Along with my HC and limited edition collecting, I also have most of King's library on Kindle with a few exceptions. I figure Cycle Of The Werewolf, Creepshow, and Nightmares in the Sky probably won't make it to Kindle seeing as they are heavily artwork related, but Christine has yet to be released. I do know that Pet Sematary was JUST RELEASED earlier this year, so I suspect there was some deal with Nook or some other format reader that has Christine locked down for awhile before Kindle release. Can anyone confirm this?

(P.S. - Bachman Books also won't be released either as a result of the pulling of Rage I suspect as well...)
IMHO..... I'm sorry but I can find NO reason to COLLECT books on Kindle:unsure::confused:
To read a NEW book or one you have never read....But if you OWN the BOOK already.... WHY?

Drake69
12-11-2014, 06:39 PM
IMHO..... I'm sorry but I can find NO reason to COLLECT books on Kindle:unsure::confused:
To read a NEW book or one you have never read....But if you OWN the BOOK already.... WHY?

1: If the copy you own is a special edition, signed edition, etc..., and you do not want to risk damaging it in any way, shape, or form through casual reading.
2: The portability and convenience in being able to read it anywhere, anytime.
3: Supporting the medium. Kindle is one of the most popular forms of electronic media out there, right along with MP3, FLV, and MKV files.

Do you have music on your devices? Movies that you or your family watch while "on the go"? Would you rather haul around 1000 CDs, 1000 DVDs/Blu Rays, and 1000 books wherever you go? Before 1995, music was only available in WAV format, on a CD, or cassette tape. Before 1993, electronic books were either pure TXT files or massive sized DOCs, both of which were extremely unwieldy as a portable system. And movie formats? There was nothing truly portable about them before 1993 either.

So there are a number of good reasons to own legitimate e-copies of media you've already purchased. I'm not bashing the audiophiles or bibliophiles either, it's just matters of convenience and supporting the existing technology.

Randall Flagg
12-12-2014, 05:54 AM
Awesome. Thanks!

Be sure to note though, that it's not the Audiobook version of Christine, but the eReader one.
I changed the thread title to include ebooks. Thanks.

goheat
12-12-2014, 08:18 AM

1: If the copy you own is a special edition, signed edition, etc..., and you do not want to risk damaging it in any way, shape, or form through casual reading.
2: The portability and convenience in being able to read it anywhere, anytime.
3: Supporting the medium. Kindle is one of the most popular forms of electronic media out there, right along with MP3, FLV, and MKV files.

Do you have music on your devices? Movies that you or your family watch while "on the go"? Would you rather haul around 1000 CDs, 1000 DVDs/Blu Rays, and 1000 books wherever you go? Before 1995, music was only available in WAV format, on a CD, or cassette tape. Before 1993, electronic books were either pure TXT files or massive sized DOCs, both of which were extremely unwieldy as a portable system. And movie formats? There was nothing truly portable about them before 1993 either.

So there are a number of good reasons to own legitimate e-copies of media you've already purchased. I'm not bashing the audiophiles or bibliophiles either, it's just matters of convenience and supporting the existing technology.

Agreed. I have hard copies of all SKs books for my collection, but have also purchased the Kindle copies of Full Dark, No Stars and newer books for the portability on my Paperwhite.

skyofcrack
12-13-2014, 12:00 PM
I collect all King audiobooks that have SK reading them.

Randall Flagg
12-13-2014, 12:05 PM
What formats?

Drake69
12-13-2014, 12:39 PM
What formats?

I actually have a few CDs of his books, but not all of them are read by him. I have (I BELIEVE, anyway...) the first 3 DTs on cassette read by him, but I've not seen them in a long while and fear for their condition.

I also have a slew of his audiobooks in MP3 format, again, read by various people.

Randall Flagg
12-13-2014, 12:42 PM
What formats?

I actually have a few CDs of his books, but not all of them are read by him. I have (I BELIEVE, anyway...) the first 3 DTs on cassette read by him, but I've not seen them in a long while and fear for their condition.

I also have a slew of his audiobooks in MP3 format, again, read by various people.
I have the first 3 cassette packages as well as a S/L of the first two. I'll never play them again for fear of the tape breaking.

skyofcrack
12-13-2014, 12:49 PM
What formats?

Jerome, I treat the audiobooks just like the first editions. Whatever is published first, if the same date then I prefer unabridged (obviously) CD's then cassettes if that's all that was released. I only get ebooks for re-reading books on the go.

herbertwest
12-14-2014, 06:50 AM

Do you know some "reading" from King, that I don't list in this thread : "Audiobooks and lines read by Stephen King" ?
>>> http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18568-Audiobooks-and-lines-read-by-Stephen-King

skyofcrack
12-14-2014, 07:25 AM

Do you know some "reading" from King, that I don't list in this thread : "Audiobooks and lines read by Stephen King" ?
>>> http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18568-Audiobooks-and-lines-read-by-Stephen-King

I'm currently working on my SK Chronology. When I'm caught up, I'll compare notes and let you know. :)

Drake69
10-14-2015, 02:12 PM
Bumping this thread.....

I was SOOOOOO HAPPY when I saw the notification that Christine would be released by Signet to Amazon Kindle earlier this year. I preordered it and was waiting patiently for its release....

...until the %$$#^ B^@$%RDS cancelled it. JUST FREAKING NOW!!!! @#$$#@!^@$^!@#^!!!!!!!!!!!

Bev Vincent
10-15-2015, 03:21 AM
Bumping this thread.....

I was SOOOOOO HAPPY when I saw the notification that Christine would be released by Signet to Amazon Kindle earlier this year. I preordered it and was waiting patiently for its release....

...until the %$$#^ B^@$%RDS cancelled it. JUST FREAKING NOW!!!! @#$$#@!^@$^!@#^!!!!!!!!!!!

The new deal with Scribner may have squelched that.

SkippyD023
01-22-2016, 09:53 AM
Amazon is currently offering the eBook Rage Against the Night for free. It contains King's Story "Fair Extension" as wall as stories by Bev Vincent, Peter Straub, Ramsey Canbell, and others.

http://www.amazon.com/Rage-Against-Night-Stephen-King-ebook/dp/B006P18LM2/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1453484890&sr=1-1&keywords=rage+against+the+night

craigobau
01-22-2016, 11:09 PM
It's also available for free in Amazon's UK store.

Dolan
03-27-2017, 06:45 PM
One of my favorite audiobooks is Night Shift and I've recently noticed after maybe 10+ years of listening to it (lots of times i listen to audiobooks to help me sleep), the story TRUCKS isn't in any of the audiobook recordings. Anyone know why? So annoying... I like Trucks.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-27-2017, 09:55 PM
One of my favorite audiobooks is Night Shift and I've recently noticed after maybe 10+ years of listening to it (lots of times i listen to audiobooks to help me sleep), the story TRUCKS isn't in any of the audiobook recordings. Anyone know why? So annoying... I like Trucks.

Just checked mins and its missing as well. Don't know why.

mikeC
03-28-2017, 05:51 AM
Trucks, I am the Doorway and One for the road are missing right? Although there is a version of the latter that is very good.
Prolly a rights issue / Maybe Kevin Quigley or Bev know.

Dolan
03-30-2017, 04:22 PM
Yeah - I was curious why it was missing. I like the story but always interesting when they don't have the full book.

Bev Vincent
01-22-2018, 07:28 AM
Michael C. Hall to narrate first unabridged Pet Sematary audiobook (http://ew.com/books/2018/01/22/stephen-king-michael-c-hall-pet-sematary-audiobook/)

Randall Flagg
01-22-2018, 07:45 AM
I love it. Great choice.

mikeC
01-23-2018, 06:40 AM
Michael C. Hall to narrate first unabridged Pet Sematary audiobook (http://ew.com/books/2018/01/22/stephen-king-michael-c-hall-pet-sematary-audiobook/)

Awesome! I had no hope this would ever come out.

daniel_pyle
02-21-2021, 06:41 PM
I wasn't sure where the best place to put this would be, but maybe this thread makes sense…

I finally completed my ebook collection!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/sk_ebook_collection.jpg

Rage is ill-gotten, of course, but I bought the rest on Amazon here and there over the years. Six months ago or so, I decided to reward myself with one new book each week until the collection was complete.

I have most (all?) of the available audiobooks in digital format too. The only audiobooks I've purposefully tried to collect physical copes of are the ones read by King, including the original Dark Tower cassettes, etc. I've grabbed several non-King-narrated books over the years at sales or received them as gifts, but I'm honestly not even sure which ones I have. I guess I have some inventorying to do!

Garrell
02-22-2021, 04:40 PM
Pretty cool.