PDA

View Full Version : STEPHEN KING UNCOLLECTED STORIES

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-30-2009, 02:47 AM
I couldn't find a list of these, so I made one up myself.

STEPHEN KING UNCOLLECTED STORIES

For clarity, this is the list of Stephen King published collections:

People, Places & Things Volume 1 [1960]
Skeleton Crew [1985]
Night Shift [1978]
Different Seasons [1982]
Nightmares and Dreamscapes [1993]
Creepshow [1982] (Graphic Collection)
Four Past Midnight [1990]
Six Stories [1997]
Hearts in Atlantis [1999]
Everything's Eventual [2002]
The Secretary of Dreams Vol 1 [2006] (Graphic Collection)
Just After Sunset [2008]
Stephen King Goes to the Movies [2009]
The Secretary of Dreams Vol 2 [2010] (Graphic Collection)
Full Dark, No Stars [2010]

Published Short Fiction (Excerpts, poems, screenplays, recipes not included)

The Pit and the Pendulum [1961]
[Unknown] 20 page short story about fellow classmates taking of the school [1961]
The Star Invader

Bev Vincent
07-30-2009, 03:30 AM
Ur, For the Birds, The Revelations of 'Becka Paulson (only in LE of Skeleton Crew, so essentially uncollected for most readers)

herbertwest
07-30-2009, 03:57 AM
Good job MrRabbitTrick!

When I saw the name of Bev related to that thread, I thought that he was saying that he was reprinting in his upcomming book a story that would have been discovered

:-(

Brice
07-30-2009, 04:32 AM
Ur, For the Birds, The Revelations of 'Becka Paulson (only in LE of Skeleton Crew, so essentially uncollected for most readers)

Bev, wasn't The Revelations of 'Becka Paulson also in the anthology I Shudder At Your Touch?

Bev Vincent
07-30-2009, 05:27 AM
Sure, but never in a standard King collection. It first appeared in Rolling Stone.

And, actually, some of the material above IS going to be reproduced in my upcoming book. One complete story and parts of another.

Nerak
07-30-2009, 05:32 AM
OOOO....CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-30-2009, 06:56 AM

Thanks Bev. I will add them to the list. (I agree with you about Revelations)

herbertwest
07-30-2009, 06:58 AM
dooda dooda :nana: :nana:

____

an evening at god's and skybar are the same, right?

you forgot "the general"? except if it's a screenplay, i dont remember much
I hate mondays
jumper
little sisters of eluria, havent been published in a King collection. Only the limited ed.
squad d
the things they left behind (is it in JAS?)

i am sure that i thought about another story earlier, but forgot the name...

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-30-2009, 07:09 AM
i am sure that i thought about another story earlier, but forgot the name...

You've been wrong on all the rest :)

an evening at god's and skybar are the same, right? No.
"the general"? Screenplay
I hate mondays Unpublished
jumper Secret Windows
little sisters of eluria Everythings Eventual
the things they left behind (is it in JAS?) Yes

mae
07-30-2009, 08:42 AM
little sisters of eluria, havent been published in a King collection. Only the limited ed.

the things they left behind (is it in JAS?)

The Little Sisters of Eluria was previously collected in Everything's Eventual, and The Things They Left Behind is indeed collected in Just After Sunset.

You can check a rather complete list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_fiction_by_Stephen_King You can easily spot the uncollecteds.

Ari_Racing
07-30-2009, 09:02 AM
And the little sisters of eluria also was published in the short story collection by Silverberg: LEGENDS.

jhanic
07-30-2009, 09:06 AM
I don't understand why "Weeds" has never been reprinted, even in an anthology. The story itself is very good, and much, much darker than the graphic "Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill" in Creepshow. It was first printed in the May, 1976 Cavalier and later in the April 1979 Nugget. Those are the only two printings I know of.

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-30-2009, 09:24 AM
You can check a rather complete list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_fiction_by_Stephen_King You can easily spot the uncollecteds.

As usual with Wikipedia, its full of inaccuracies.

Hutch
07-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Who will publish the book?

Sure, but never in a standard King collection. It first appeared in Rolling Stone.

And, actually, some of the material above IS going to be reproduced in my upcoming book. One complete story and parts of another.

Room 217 Caretaker
07-30-2009, 11:04 AM
We should. Give the proceeds to the foundation. Maybe King will write a short story just for the book to help with sales since it's his foundation we are helping. :orely:

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Darkday
07-30-2009, 11:46 AM
This is probably debatable, but I don't consider a story to be published if it was only available as a mimeographed copy on a school yard, so I would cross off "The Pit and the Pendulum", the unnamed 20-page story and "The Star Invaders". On the other hand, "The Hotel at the End of the Road" was properly published, but not collected, so I'd add it to the list.

I would also add "Rush Call" and "Jumper", since "Secret Windows" is not a short story collection.

"Jhonathan and the Witchs" should be spelled like this.

Cloysterpete
07-30-2009, 11:59 AM

Dude!, I read the Calvin's Corner part of this site all the time but I didn't even know you were working on a new book.

Is there any more info about it on here?.

mae
07-30-2009, 01:24 PM

As usual with Wikipedia, its full of inaccuracies.

Then I'd urge you to correct those :)

Bev Vincent
07-30-2009, 01:32 PM

Dude!, I read the Calvin's Corner part of this site all the time but I didn't even know you were working on a new book.

Is there any more info about it on here?.

Yeah, there's a thread here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=8654) and my website has information here (http://www.bevvincent.com/sk-companion).

It's being published by Barnes & Noble this fall.

Room 217 Caretaker
07-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Bev,

Congrats on the new book. Members, check this cool puzzle you can do online of Bevs book. Very cool idea:

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/frame/frameset.html

Click on Everything Else
Look for Bevs book and Puzzle topic for link

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Brice
07-30-2009, 03:46 PM
We should. Give the proceeds to the foundation. Maybe King will write a short story just for the book to help with sales since it's his foundation we are helping. :orely:

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Now that would be brilliant...with of course the collectors here designing the limited. :)

herbertwest
08-01-2009, 06:44 AM

BTW... in the first post, there are some stories that have never really been "published" in the way, cannot be accessed now...
Hope the one that will be reproduced will be one of those :P

Brice
08-01-2009, 06:47 AM
Well, some are rather obscure, but were still published.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-01-2009, 02:30 PM

And most collectors have them in some form or another. (photocopies, scans etc)

mae
08-01-2009, 08:34 PM

And most collectors have them in some form or another. (photocopies, scans etc)

But it would be great having them all in a real book.

Cutter
08-02-2009, 05:27 PM
A very nice list Mr. Rabbit, this is something I will use as reference!

wahlers
09-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Any word yet on when and how UR is going to be available to non-Kindle people?

Also, has there been any word on when Throttle will be collected and if both Stephen King and Joe Hill will collect it or just one of them?

herbertwest
09-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Just wait to read next Bev's teaser about his book... :orely:

Cloysterpete
09-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Any word yet on when and how UR is going to be available to non-Kindle people?

Also, has there been any word on when Throttle will be collected and if both Stephen King and Joe Hill will collect it or just one of them?

Audio version in February. Don't think there's any word of a print release yet, perhaps there won't be one until King's next short story collection.

Randall Flagg
09-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Has King ever ever had a collaborative short story/novella in a short story collection?

jhanic
09-19-2009, 03:54 PM
None that I know of--of course, the only collaborations he's done in the short story/novella is with Joe Hill. I can't think of any others.

As far as novels, of course, there are The Talisman and Black House with Peter Straub.

John

jhanic
09-19-2009, 06:01 PM
On further thought, I think these can also be termed collaborations:

The Cat from Hell with Phil Bowie - Cavalier September 1977
The Cat from Hell with Mark Rains - Gent December 1977

These were the winner and runner-up respectively of the contest initiated in the March 1977 issue of Cavalier, in which King wrote the first 500 words of the story and readers were invited to finish it. King's version of the story was run in the June 1977 issue of Cavalier.

John

herbertwest
09-19-2009, 06:50 PM
what about the two followings ?
the furnace
skybar

i think both of them were started by King

jhanic
09-20-2009, 03:24 AM
But there were no published endings.

John

wahlers
10-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Have the poems "Woman with Child" and the untitled one ever popped up anywhere else recently? Are there copies of them floating around out there or are they pretty much lost? Aren't these ones where the school no longer has microfiche or copies of them anymore?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-01-2009, 01:41 PM
These poems appeared in Contraband #1 & 2 but have never been published since. Several collectors on here have both copies of Contraband.

wahlers
10-01-2009, 01:46 PM
I don't suppose anybody has a text file of the two poems so I can just read them?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-01-2009, 11:17 PM
I don't suppose anybody has a text file of the two poems so I can just read them?

Giving out copies devalues the original. I would be surprised if anyone on here would give out a copy.

wahlers
10-02-2009, 06:38 AM
I definitely understand. I wouldn't ask somebody to photocopy it or anything, just a typed up text file or something. Since they're just two poems, I assume they can't be too long.

But again, I understand if nobody would want to assist, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

wahlers
10-05-2009, 10:33 AM
I was also wondering if anybody can advise on how different the original versions of "Stud City" and "The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan" are from what appear in Different Seasons.

Are they no more changed than some of his other stories from magazine to book collection and should therefore just be considered a revision and what appears in Different Season is the final version? Or are the originals worth seeking for somebody like myself who just enjoys reading the stories but is not a "collector" per se?

jhanic
10-05-2009, 10:38 AM
According to Justin Brooks' Bibliography, both stories were revised for inclusion in The Body.

John

wahlers
10-05-2009, 10:52 AM
I've read the entries for both in Uncollected & Unpublished and The Lost Works of Stephen King, and to me they sound more like revisions, like some of the magazine stories have been revised when put into collections.

I know that "Revelations of 'Becka Paulson" was not in a short story format when it was stuck into Tommyknockers, but that's the best example I can think of where a story was changed enough that I got a copy of the original version because I consider it significantly different.

I'm pretty much just wondering if somebody who actually has them can confirm if they just had small changes to grammar and maybe even some name changes to people or places, but had the structure of the stories themselves remain intact or if they are significantly different.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-05-2009, 11:22 AM
I was also wondering if anybody can advise on how different the original versions of "Stud City" and "The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan" are from what appear in Different Seasons.

There are huge differences. I checked the word count from the 2 versions of "The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan" and...

Maine Review = 5625 words
Different Seasons = 3862 words

jhanic
10-05-2009, 11:36 AM
That's significant!

John

wahlers
10-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah that's a few more words. It was only ever printed the one time and goes for a couple of hundred dollars usually doesn't it?

DanishCollector
10-05-2009, 03:47 PM
I have scans of the two poems and the Ubris version of "Stud City" and Maine Review version of "Lard Ass."If anyone's interested...don't think it's illegal sharing these, they are circulation among mant collectors.

"Becka Paulson" exists in three versions, actually. The original Rolling Stone version, then reappeared, revised, in I Shudder at Your Touch" (the same version ended up in the limited Skeleton Crew), and then, of course, as a heavily revised chapter in The Tommyknockers.

Randall Flagg
08-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Any update to this list?

Bev Vincent
08-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Here's my list (http://www.bevvincent.com/links/uncollected-stephen-king-short-stories/)

Randall Flagg
08-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks Bev.

Darkday
08-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Bev, here are some comments:

The following stories are missing in your list:
Slade (1970, The Maine Campus)
The King Family and the Wicked Witch (1977, Flint)
Rush Call (2000, Secret Windows; self-published in 1959/60)
Jumper (2000, Secret Windows; self-published in 1959/60)

Is "The New Lieutenant's Rap" missing on purpose? I guess it can be considered a self-publication and thus not eligible.

You list some edited novel excerpts like "The Revelations of 'Becka Paulson", "The Tale of Gray Dick" and "Lisey and the Madman", but others are missing, e.g. "The Monster in the Closet", "The Bear" and "Memory".

Since you list the incomplete "Skybar", I guess you should also list the incomplete "The Furnace".

Spellings: "Morality", not "Mortality". "Jhonathan and the Witchs", not "... Witches".

mae
08-16-2011, 03:21 PM
I think Rush Call and Jumper can be considered collected. Would love a book collecting all of these older stories, as all the newer ones will surely be in the next collection. Also of great interest are stories that were subsequently collected substantially revised, like It Grows on You, and some others.

Randall Flagg
01-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Mr. Rabbit Trick, care to update?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-21-2012, 02:16 AM
Mr. Rabbit Trick, care to update?

Updated.

The most recent short stories will be collected in the next collection called, "Chasing Darkness". To be published in the Spring of 2014 by Scribner. ISBN: 1-340-76581-7

herbertwest
01-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Should we consider this as a reliable information? Any source?

mae
01-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Bookfinder says that's an invalid ISBN. A little early for April Fools yet.

CRinVA
01-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Really - I find nothing on the net in reference to this book.

DanishCollector
01-21-2012, 02:53 PM
There is a collection of short fiction with that title by another author (who's name has slipped my mind) so I guess this is an early April's Fools Day joke.

now2blue
10-25-2012, 06:30 AM
Hello everyone. I was wondering if there are .PDF or .TXT etc. versions anywhere of these:

Codename: Mousetrap
The Killer
The 43rd Dream
The Old Dude's Ticker
Weeds
General

I have purchased everything else by King, so I'm not some freeloader / cheapskate. But I really cannot find these items anywhere. I figured this would be the place to ask.

Thank you.

Bev Vincent
10-25-2012, 06:56 AM
Weeds will be in Shivers VII from Cemetery Dance. The Old Dude's Ticker is in The Big Book of NECON from Cemetery Dance. 43rd Dream can be found in The Stephen King Illustrated Companion.

now2blue
10-25-2012, 07:15 AM
Thanks. I'm going to have to pass on the NECON book though. $175 is too steep for me right now.

When does Shivers come out?

Bev Vincent
10-25-2012, 07:28 AM
You can get used copies of NECON for $10 at Amazon.

Shivers VII should be out soon. I have a story in it, too.

ELazansky
10-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Thanks. I'm going to have to pass on the NECON book though. $175 is too steep for me right now.

When does Shivers come out?

The signed copy of NECON is that price. There is a regular trade edition.

mae
01-16-2013, 12:17 PM
We've often speculated on the next King collection. If I recall my calculations from years ago (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?15612-New-King-story&p=722772&viewfull=1#post722772), King has generally published a new collection every 6-7 years. If that trend holds, we could see one next year. I think it has the chance to be my second best King collection, following Skeketon Crew, with some absolutely spectacular stories of late, such as "Batman and Robin..." and "Premium Harmony", as well as the yet unpublished "Afterlife".

GaOutlaw
07-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Amazon has a collection called "Cavalier Archive Volume 1" available for Kindle. It collects sevral interviews the magazine had in the 70's and also collects King's short stories Battleground, The Cat From Hell, Suffer the Little Children, Trucks & Weeds.

Randall Flagg
09-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Update, archive, or leave the thread be?

Ari_Racing
09-11-2016, 07:05 AM
Let it be

surly
09-11-2016, 08:12 AM
Let it be

Speak those words of wisdom...

docchemistry
07-20-2022, 04:56 AM
Sorry, to necro a super old thread. A google search led me to this older thread. I noticed a discussion about the two poems listed in Contraband 1. I am have been looking for copies of these poems for years. I am even willing to fork out the money if I were to ever find a copy of the magazine (no luck on that front). Any thoughts on where/how I could at least read them?

docchemistry
07-20-2022, 04:59 AM
After reading further, I also noticed that there was a discussion about the originals of "Stud City" and "The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan." Same question as above...
Any thoughts on where/how I could at least read them? I am willing to fork out the money for original copies, but have had no luck finding them for sale.

docchemistry
07-20-2022, 05:06 AM
I have scans of the two poems and the Ubris version of "Stud City" and Maine Review version of "Lard Ass."If anyone's interested...don't think it's illegal sharing these, they are circulation among mant collectors.

"Becka Paulson" exists in three versions, actually. The original Rolling Stone version, then reappeared, revised, in I Shudder at Your Touch" (the same version ended up in the limited Skeleton Crew), and then, of course, as a heavily revised chapter in The Tommyknockers.

Would you care to help another SK collector/community member out? I have no idea if I have anything you would be interested in, but I am willing to share if I had something you were looking for.

nerdyclayton
10-03-2022, 05:50 PM

Would you care to help another SK collector/community member out? I have no idea if I have anything you would be interested in, but I am willing to share if I had something you were looking for.

I would love to have these too.

Ari_Racing
02-27-2023, 09:16 AM
Time passed by but I still have hopes that someday a copy of SK's version of The Pit and the Pendulum shows up.

St. Troy
02-27-2023, 09:17 AM
Time passed by but I still have hopes that someday a copy of SK's version of The Pit and the Pendulum shows up.

I haven't heard of this; what's the deal with this?

Bev Vincent
02-27-2023, 10:00 AM
From Rocky Wood's book Stephen King Uncollected, Unpublished:

King wrote The Pit and the Pendulum, and he and Chris Chesley sold copies of it at Durham’s elementary school. It “novelized” the 1961 movie of the same name. All trace of the story has been lost. King tells its story (“…turned out to be my first best-seller”) in section 18 of the “C.V.” part of On Writing.

St. Troy
02-27-2023, 12:29 PM
Cool; thanks.

Herbie_Marsten
09-08-2023, 12:09 PM
hey,

Obviously Vhasing Darkness has NOT seen print / publishing. Is this Just after sunset, ot Bazaar of Bad Dreams possibly?

Herbie_Marsten
09-08-2023, 12:18 PM
how is this for an updated list??

• Untitled ("She has gone to sleep while...") (Contraband - #1, 28 line Poem)
• Untitled ("The Huffman Story") (unfinished, 71 pages.)

• 43rd Dream, The (The Drum, January, 1966. (Lisbon High School newspaper). Reprinted in The Stephen King Illustrated Companion.)

A
• A Hardcase Speaks (poem, Contraband #2, 1971)
• Accident (a play)
• After The Play (lost by King himself)
• An Evening At Gods (one minute play for the American Repertory Theater, 1990)

B
• Bear, The (The Dark Tower III, 1991)
• Before The Play (The lost opening chapter to The Shining) (Whispers Magazine, 1982 & TV Guide, 1997)
• Bird And The Album, The (A Fantasy Reader, 1981, an excerpt from IT)
• Blue Air Compressor, The (Heavy Metal, 1981)

C
• Charlie (This is a six-page short story written when King was 12. Unpublished)
• Chip Coombs (Unfinished)
• Codename: Mousetrap (Unpublished)
• Comb Dump (Unfinshed)
• Cookie Jar (included in the paperback edition of The Bazaar of Bad Dreams, 2015)
• Crate, The (text version) (Fantasy Annual III, 1981)
• Cursed Expedition, The (People, Places & Things, 1960)

D
• Dark Man, The (poem, Ubris, 1969)
• Demention Warp, The (People, Places & Things, 1960)
• Dino (poem, Salt Hill Journal, 1994)
• Do The Dead Sing? (Yankee, 1981, a.k.a. The Reach)
• Donovan's Brain (poem, Moth, 1970)

E
• Evaluation, The (Unfinished)

F
• The Fifth Step (Harpers, March 2020)
• Finn (Exclusive on Scribd, May 25, 2022)
• Float, The (Screenplay for Creepshow, later renamed "The Raft")
• For The Birds (Bred Any Good Rooks Lately, 1986)
• Furnace, The (The two first paragraphs in a story for others to finish. Weekly Reader Online. October 16, 2005)

G
• General, The (Screamplays, 1997)
• Glass Floor, The (Weird Tales, 1990)
• Gunslinger, The (The Dark Tower I, 1982)
• Gunslinger And The Dark Man, The (The Dark Tower I, 1982)

H
• Happy Stamps (written when King was young. Unpublished)
• Harrison State Park `68 (poem, Ubris, 1968)
• Heroes For Hope Starring The X-Men (comic book, 1985)
• Hotel At The End Of The Road (People, Places & Things, 1960)

I
• I Hate Mondays (In this six-page short story King and his son, Owen are characters.)
• I Was A Teenage Graverobber (Comic Review, a.k.a. In A Half World Of Terror, 1965)
• I'm Falling (People, Places & Things, 1960)
• In A Half World Of Terror (Stories Of Suspense, a.k.a. I Was A Teenage Graverobber, 1966)
• In The Key Chord Of Dawn (poem, Onan, 1971)
• In The Tall Grass (collaboration with Joe Hill, Esquire June/July & August issue, 2012)
• Insanity Game, The (Unpublished)
• It Grows On You (original version) (Whispers, 1982)
• I've Got To Get Away! (People, Places & Things, 1960)

J
• Jhonathan & The Witches (First Words, 1993, King wrote this 1956)
• Jumper (Dave's Rag, 1959, a three-part story. Secret Windows, 2000)

K
• Keyholes (never finished, mid-1980s)
• Killer, The (Famous Monsters Of Filmland #202, 1994)
• King Family And The Wicked Witch, The (Illustrated by King's children, Flint Magazine, 1978)

L
• Land Of 1,000,000 Years Ago (1959)
• Last Of Here, The (never finished, a.k.a. Time In A Glass That Ran)
• Laurie (www.StephenKing.com, 2018)
• Lawnmower Man, The (Bizarre Adventure no. 29, 1981, comicbook)
• Lisey and the Madman (McSweeney's Enchanted Chamber of Astonishing Stories, 2004)

M
• Man With A Belly (Gent, 1979)
• Memory (King read from this at FSU, 2006. Tin House Summer Reading, 2006)
• Monster in the Closet, The (Ladies' Home Journal, 1981, an excerpt from Cujo)
• Mobius (a 3600 word complete Science Fiction story)
• Movie Show (Unfinished)
• Muffe (Unfinished)
• Music Room, The (Sunlight or In Shadow: Stories Inspired by the Paintings of Edward Hopper, 2016)

N
• Never Look Behind You (People, Places & Things, 1960, with Chris Chesley)
• Night Of The Tiger, The (Chamber of Horrors, 1984)
• Null Set, The (3,300 word long unpublished story)

O
• Old Dude's Ticker, The (Necon 2000 Commemorative Volume. With Edgar Allan Poe, 2000)
• One Slide Inn Road (Esquire October/November 2020)
• Oracle And The Mountains (The Dark Tower I, 1982)
• Other Side Of The Fog (The People, Places & Things, 1960)

P
• People, Places & Things (Triad Publishing Company, Self Published with Chris Chesley, 1960)
• Pinfall (script by George A. Romero after a story by King, 1986)
• Pit and the Pendulum, The (V.I.B. Book, Self Published, 1961, a novelization of the film with the same name)

R
• Reploids, The (Night Visions 5, 1988)
• Return of Timmy Baterman, The (Satyricon II Program Book, 1983, an excerpt from Pet Sematary)
• Revelations Of Becka Paulson, The (The original Rolling Stone version)
• Revelations Of Becka Paulson, The [Revised] (Skeleton's Crew (The Scream Press 1986) & I shudder at your touch, 1991)
• Revenge Of Lard Ass Hogan (Cavalier, 1975 & The Maine Review, 1975, an excerpt from The Body)
• Rock and Roll Dead Zone, The (Hard Listening, 2013)

S
• Silence (poem, Moth, 1970)
• Skybar (The Do-It-Yourself Bestseller - A Work Book, 1982)
• Slade (The Maine Campus from June to August, 1970)
• Slow Mutants (The Dark Tower I, 1982)
• Spear, The (King describes the story as "a modern-day revision" of Nikolai Gogol's story, "The Ring.")
• Squal D (written for The Last Dangerous Visions, written in the late 1970s)
• Stranger, The (People, Places & Things, 1960)
• Stud City (Ubris, 1969, revised version in The Body, Different Seasons)
• Summer Thunder (Turn Down the Lights, 2013)
• Sword in the Darkness (Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished, 2006)

T
• Tale of Gray Dick, The (The Dark Tower V, 2003)
• They Bite (a 116 page Screenplay in an Alien/Science Fiction style, 1976)
• Thing At The Bottom Of The Well, The (People, Places & Things, 1960)
• Thin Scenery (Ploughshares Summer 2017 Vol. 43, No. 2 edition)
• Throttle (collaboration with Joe Hill, He Is Legend, 2009)
• Time In A Glass Than Ran (a.k.a. Last Of Here, The)
• Turbulent Expert, The (Flight or Fright, 2018)

W
• Way Station, The (The Dark Tower I, 1982)
• Weeds (text version) (Cavalier, 1976)
• Willie the Wierdo (McSweeny issue 66, 2022)
• Woman with Child (Contraband - #1, 17 line)

**Mostly Copied from Lilja's Library: http://liljas-library.com/
then edited down to uncollected SHORT STORIES
does not include essays and forewords