PDA

View Full Version : calling all dog lovers

Sir_Boomme
09-07-2007, 01:32 PM
hey all,
don't know if you all read about this... but if you get time...
you animal lovers need to sign this petition and send this as an email to other animal lovers.
these sicko teenagers need the book and a cinderblock thrown at them. full story below the links.
this happened in New Braunfels, Texas... 30 minutes from where i live.

=>petition for just punishment<= (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/appeal-to-prosecute-under-new-tx-animal-cruelty-laws--teens-despicable-act-of-torturing-pup-to-death)

if above link doesn't work, copy/paste the below.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/appeal-to...ng-pup-to-death (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/appeal-to-prosecute-under-new-tx-animal-cruelty-laws--teens-despicable-act-of-torturing-pup-to-death)

3 boys held in puppy's fatal torture
Web Posted: 08/31/2007 02:08 AM CDT
Roger Croteau
Express-News Guadalupe County prosecutors are vowing to throw the book at three boys charged with torturing and killing a puppy that had been given to a neighbor's teenage daughter a few months ago.

"I was sickened, all of us were absolutely sickened," said Guadalupe County Attorney Elizabeth Murray-Kolb. "They found the easiest target, a friendly little dog. They were seen petting it."

The boys, ages 12, 14 and 16, took the 5-month-old Pomeranian mix named Toby on Tuesday to an abandoned house on Glenewinkel Road in Geronimo. What followed was a sadistic scene of torture and mutilation, according to officials at the Sheriff's Department and County Attorney's office.

They said the boys took the dog to the second floor of the house and twice threw it out a window, breaking its legs. Then they used a rope to hang the dog from a tree by its broken hind legs and used a lighter to burn its genitals.

"They got a board with nails sticking out of it and used the dog as a piņata," Murray-Kolb said.

Finally, they used a folding pocketknife to decapitate Toby. Murray-Kolb said she did not know if the dog was dead or alive when its head was cut off.

A deputy was called to the abandoned house by a neighbor, who reported suspicious activity at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. The deputy found the boys and noticed blood on their clothes, said Guadalupe County Sheriff's Department Lt. Kevin Jordan. The deputy then found the decapitated dog, still hanging by its hind legs from the tree.

The three boys are all charged with animal cruelty resulting in death.

If tried as adults, they could receive two years in jail and a fine for the state jail felony. But as juveniles, they could be locked up at a Texas Youth Commission facility until they turn 19. That's what officials hope to do.

"These boys are a danger to the community," said Assistant County Attorney Nan Udell, who will prosecute the case. "We want society to be protected as long as we have the ability to protect it. As children, the goal is always rehabilitation. I don't know if that's possible here."

"The only remorse I've seen is they are sorry they got caught," Udell said.

County Court-at-Law Judge Linda Jones on Wednesday ordered all three boys to be detained in the Seguin juvenile lockup for 10 days, until their next mandated court hearing.

The killing shocked the dog's owners.

Toby was a "very playful, cute little puppy," said Lenora Tavera.

She said the dog was a gift from a friend to her 16-year-old daughter, Stephanie, a couple of months ago. Toby had a habit of escaping from their fenced yard to play with neighbors and their dogs.

Tavera said her daughter "knows one of the boys. She couldn't believe they would do that to a dog."

tamez
09-07-2007, 01:36 PM
hmm, that's about thirty minutes from where i live too
:looks at clown pic: :ninja:

<< dog lover too

Matt
09-07-2007, 01:36 PM
I signed it, that is appalling to say the least.

Daghain
09-07-2007, 01:49 PM
I signed it too. They need to lock those boys up and throw away the key. :angry:

Matt
09-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Seriously, and its really about so much more. Studies show kids that do this kind of thing are much more like to become violent offenders in adulthood.

Daghain
09-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Exactly. Which is why they should be locked up now, before they get a chance to do anything else. Anyone who can do anything that sick does not belong in society, IMHO.

Telynn
09-07-2007, 05:43 PM
You don't have to be a 'dog lover' to see how sickening that is. I do like dogs by the way, but all you have to be is a normal human being for that to make you want to cry. And be scared of these three 'people'.

How can you be missing that part of you that winces when you see someone else in pain, even an animal? There is a huge chuck of these boys missing and it is the part that will make them very dangerous to soceity.:angry:

Jean
09-07-2007, 09:56 PM
You don't have to be a 'dog lover' to see how sickening that is.
Precisely. I am not a dog lover at all, but cruelty to animals is unforgivable. Petition signed.

Darkthoughts
09-09-2007, 04:49 AM
Its a sign of something much more sinister in their mental make up than simply cruelty to animals. I hope these boys recieve some serious psychiatric help before they get released.

Jean
09-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Cruelty to animals always is a sign of something very grave, of some fatal aberration of moral feeling, of dramatic shortage of humanity in a human. That's why it should be taken most seriously in each case.

ZoNeSeeK
09-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Studies have proven that children and teenagers who display sadistic and cruel behaviour towards animals (especially mammals) usually move up the food chain onto people when they are adults. Its displaying an inherent lack of concern for other forms of life and they should be sent to facilities to be rehabilitated immediately, whether they are 6 or 16. Its not something that should be left.