PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Show? Mr. Blow is more like it - The Mr. Show Thread

jayson
06-06-2009, 07:44 PM
So Fruno and I were talking about the great sketch comedy program Mr. Show With Bob and David and I thought it deserved its own thread.

It was one of the funniest shows on television and featured an ensemble cast of some great comedic talent (David Cross, Bob Odenkirk, Jill Talley, Tom Kenny, briefly Jack Black, Jerry Minor, and many many more). It also benefitted from having Bob's brother Bill Odenkirk on staff. Bill went on to write many of the greatest episodes of Futurama.

Here are a few clips, which are funny on their own, but in the context of the show as one skit moved seamlessly into another, had an even greater impact...

Fuzz: The Musical

Drugachussets

Titannica

Ventriloquists

Frunobulax
06-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Those video previews give away so many punchlines. Damn. Yes, Mr Show is one of the greatest sketch shows and one of the best TV shows of all time.

SigTauGimp
06-06-2009, 10:12 PM
I lloooovvveeed Mr. Show. :wub:

It's been ages since I've seen it.

jayson
06-07-2009, 12:24 PM
One of my favorite bits ever...

Swear to God

AIMB
07-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Hey, I know they don't have Hastings everywhere. If you happen to have one nearby all the Mr. Show seasons are on sale there for under 20$ each. Which you know is a steal if you buy a lot of TV. Just a heads up.

jayson
07-08-2009, 10:59 AM
definitely a steal at that price.

if i didn't already have them, i'd buy them now. :D

Lucifer's_Call
07-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Hands down the best sketch comedy show ever made. My personal favorites are The Fairsley Difference, GloboCem (swearing and Pit-Pat), and the Story of Everest.

Pure genius.

jayson
07-29-2009, 04:50 AM
the fairsley difference is one of the most brilliant pieces by far. :thumbsup:

globo-chem is also a classic, particularly for the whole "i don't come down to where you work and slap the dick out of your mouth" line.

honestly, i never really cared for the story of everest bit. to me it always seemed like a one-note joke and it went on for so long. could be just me though.

ola
07-30-2009, 11:50 PM
Everest is best with the commentary if I remember right. (I think this is the one where Jay Johnston says "yes, the stealers...the people that take.")

Lance
08-01-2009, 05:01 PM
If your a Mr. Show fan check out the movie "Run, Ronnie, Run"

jayson
08-01-2009, 08:41 PM
If your a Mr. Show fan check out the movie "Run, Ronnie, Run"

bob and david would probably prefer you didn't.

it was ok, but i agree with bob and david that troy miller made it his own. the ronnie dobbs stuff on the actual show was much funnier (esp. the musical one)