PDA

View Full Version : Let the Right One In (Let Me In)

CyberGhostface
05-29-2009, 01:04 PM
http://rfplreads.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/let-me-in.jpg

I mentioned this in the Twilight thread, but I thought it warranted its own topic.

You may or may not have heard of Let the Right One In, which was a Swedish vampire film about a young boy befriends a girl vampire. It received quite a bit of press for a foreign film, and its already going to be remade in the US. (We can't expect Americans to follow subtitles, can we?)

Anyway, it was also based on a book by John Ajvide Lindqvist. He's been called the "Swedish Stephen King" if you needed any more incentive to read it. The book is fairly different from the film in a number of ways, although the core story is mostly the same. The book's quite horrific in spots, and deals with some troubling topics such as pedophilia and child abuse, so be warned.

American publishers changed the title to "Let Me In" on account of that they considered the original title to be too long. So if you want to get it in hardcover, the one I posted I above is the one to get at the moment. (The paperback released alongside the movie has the original title).