PDA

View Full Version : A moment to consider our dear friend...Jae Lee

Matt
05-17-2009, 07:44 AM
This site has been lucky to have such a wonderful friend in Jae Lee.

Not only was he instrumental in this years fundraiser by donating some of our finest prizes, he's also just a flat out great guy.

Everyone at the Vegas gathering last year was lucky enough to meet the man in person and for someone as deeply talented as Jae Lee is, he came in like we were all old friends and WOW'd the place with his art.

We are so very fortunate to have his support, the items below are his contributions to our fundraiser this year, both breathtaking.

Auctions for comics with his signature on them from the gathering were also a very huge pull. :rock:

Thank you Jae, your support and friendship are much appreciated by the entire site. :couple:

His "Crimson King" on the top of the Grand Prize sig page (WOOHOO Ari!!)

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/Grand_Prize.jpg

His original comic sketch page which is on of the coolest things I've ever seen personally. :wub: (this is yours Lisa!! Way to go!!)

http://www.thedarktower.org/2009f/jae.jpg

sarah
05-17-2009, 08:04 AM
:dance: so cool!! congrats darkers!

Ari_Racing
05-17-2009, 08:10 AM
I think that neither of us really understand how much this forum achieved. What Jae Lee did was incredible and I'm really glad many of you met him last year in Las Vegas. I interviewed him some months ago for our spanish magazine and he was extremely kind and helpful.

And I think David (Wiz) deserves an applause. He was like "the agent" and I know I'm in debt with him :)

Daghain
05-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Jae truly is an awesome guy and very generous to do all this for us - many thanks to him and to all the people who donated their time and efforts for our fundraiser!

And Darkers, I hate you. :D

Erin
05-17-2009, 10:14 AM
A big, huge thank you to Jae Lee! :D

turtlex
05-17-2009, 11:04 AM
I've been a big fan of Jae Lee since before he took up the task of doing the DT comics. It was just a huge bonus for me that one of my all time favorite comic artists got involved with my dream comic-series.

He's an amazing artist... and it's very heartwarming to know that he's just a plain old good guy, in the true sense of the words.

It's great when you admire someone and they actually live up to expectations.

And many congrats, Darkers!

fernandito
05-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks Jae for all your contributions! It was an honor getting to meet you!! :D

Nerak
05-17-2009, 11:11 AM
kudos!!!

mia/susannah
05-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Thank you jae Lee for your support and contributions to this fundraiser!!!

Darkthoughts
05-18-2009, 12:43 AM
:clap: Thank you!!! Jae Lee, you rock beyond measure! :nana:

I'm going to have to redecorate my house so it does the artwork justice :lol:

Woofer
05-18-2009, 04:21 AM
Thanks, Jae Lee! I wish I could've come to Vegas for the gathering. Everyone says you're really cool - and you have totally proved them right. Your generosity is amazing. Once again, thanks for helping us help the Haven foundation.

wizardsrainbow
05-18-2009, 04:29 AM
Jae-

You ROCK the house dude! Thanks for being so generous with your talent and time to us here at TDT.com. It is a privilege to know you.

Jean
05-18-2009, 04:52 AM
yes, yes!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/bear_heart.gif

Patrick
05-19-2009, 06:29 AM
Thank you so much, Jae!

And congratulations to Ari and Lisa!

Patrick
05-19-2009, 06:29 AM
Thank you so much, Jae!

And congratulations to Ari and Lisa!