PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Entry Contest!! Best Idea

Matt
05-16-2009, 05:57 AM
This is a last minute opportunity to win two entries into the giveaway.

For those of you that don't know, we did a presentation type drawing format last year and pounded out something like...54 short vids for the giveaway. This year it will be a little different.

The 4 Directors are going to make a lame attempt to re inact some of the scenes from King books as we draw. It's designed to be as cheesy and campy as it is fun and funny. :rock:

We have some really great ideas but we could use another. The contest is to simply submit your idea following the criteria below. The idea can come from any one of Kings books.

Scene Idea Criteria:

You don't have to spell it out word for word, just give us the scene and your overall idea.
Keep it short-these scenes should be under a minute
Describe camera perspective
Keep in mind there are only 4 of us
Keep Western Colorado landscape in mind for outside ideas, we can't travel
Please make it campy and funny if you can
We won't consider non serious ones like..."Do something from The Stand!"
Please consider wardrobe, we don't have many resources for that

That's it!

The Directors will simply choose one at our discretion.

If no one is up for this, that's cool. I just thought it would be a nice last chance and a great way to get everyone talking about our wonderful event tonight. :grouphug:

Hope you guys have some ideas.

Nerak
05-16-2009, 06:32 AM
I have always enjoyed the scene with Aunt Talitha presenting Roland with the cross necklace.

"Aunt Talitha came last. When she began to kneel, Roland caught her by the shoulders. "NO Sai. You shall not do." And before Eddie's amazed eyes, Roland knelt before her in the dust of the town square. "Will you bless me, Old Mother? Will you bless us all as we go our course?"

"Ay," she said. There was no surprise in her voice, no tears in her eyes, but her voice throbbed with deep feeling, all the same. "I see your heart is true, gunslinger, and that you hold to the old ways of your kind; ay, you hold to them very well. I bless you and yours and will pray that no harm will come to you. Now take this, if you will." She reached into the bodice of her faded dress and removed a silver cross at the end of a fine-link chain. She took it off.

Now it was Roland's turn to be surprised. "Are you sure? I did not come to take what belongs to you and yours, Old Mother."

"I'm are sure as sure can be. I've worn this day and night for over a hundred years, gunslinger. Now you shall wear it, and lay it at the foot of the Dark Tower, and speak the name of Talitha Unwin at the far end of the earth." She lipped the chain over his head. The cross dropped into the open neck of his deerskin shirt as if it belonged there. "Go now. We have broken bread, we have held palaver, we have your blessing, and now you have ours. Go your course in safety. Stand and be true." Her voice trembled and broke on that last word.

Camera perspective, up angle while they face each other. Mayhap the Driveway will suffice as the town proper

jayson
05-16-2009, 07:56 AM
I suppose acting out the scene with the Losers Club (you know the one) isn't going to happen? :P

Brice
05-16-2009, 07:57 AM
I suppose acting out the scene with the Losers Club (you know the one) isn't going to happen? :P

You read my motherfuckin' mind. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Heather19
05-16-2009, 08:01 AM
:lol:
Matt I pm'd my submission to you. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to post it here or not.

Sam
05-16-2009, 08:04 AM
I'll keep it short. I think it would be cool to re-enact the execution of Eduard Delacroix. Only instead of playing it seriously, play it funny. You have the inmate (read Matt) and three others to strap him in. You can have one of the officers (Dora) ask if he has any last requests and have him ask for one last lap dance. She agrees and gives him a short, really suck ass dance. He gets mad and starts fussing about the quality of the dance. She gets mad, tells him he should just be happy he got any sort of dance, slaps the dry sponge on his head, turns and says "Roast this pig." And we end with Matt as he starts jittering.

I know it's not really the scene, but you asked for campy and funny.

Dora
05-16-2009, 08:10 AM
some great ideas :dance:

Brice
05-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Dora! :huglove:

Matt
05-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Matt I pm'd my submission to you. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to post it here or not.

We can put them here, if you don't mind, I'll copy and paste.

And we do the Losers Club thing yearly...you just can't watch it for free. :borg:

Heather19
05-16-2009, 08:33 AM
sounds good :couple:

Brice
05-16-2009, 08:37 AM

We can put them here, if you don't mind, I'll copy and paste.

And we do the Losers Club thing yearly...you just can't watch it for free. :borg:

Wow! Just imagine if you'd have made that into auctions.

Matt
05-16-2009, 08:40 AM
sounds good :couple:

And here it is!

How about the opening scene to It where Georgie meets Pennywise.

We see a paper boat floating down the street. Cut to Georgie chasing after it wearing a raincoat. Cut to the paper boat falling down a sewer grate. Georgie runs over to peak down there looking for his boat.

Now since I'm assuming you have no means to actually get into the sewer, you could do a close up of Pennywise's face
Pennywise: "Hi Georgie, Would you like your boat, or how about a balloon?"
Georgie: "I'm not supposed to talk to strangers"
Pennywise: "Well let me introduce myself, I'm Pennywise the Dancing Clown, the storm blew the whole circus down here. Can you smell it Georgie?"
Georgie: "You sure bet I can!"
Pennywise: "So how about a balloon?"
Georgie: "Do they float?"
Pennywise: (with a sinister face) "They float, they float Georgie, and when you're down here with me, you'll float too"
Cut to Georgie screaming, we also here Pennywise laughing in the distance. And we see a balloon go floating up in the air.

mia/susannah
05-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Those are some great ideas. I like them all.

candy
05-16-2009, 08:52 AM
the bathroom scene from the shining

camera cuts onto scared woman, all wide eyed and screaming, pans out to see a man behind her trying to cut through a cardboard box with a steak knife,
finally gets through while shouting 'here's :insert own name;

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
or for all 4 of you
an aging couple on one side of a bed and a pair bald docs on the other side of the bed, the docs hold a pair of scissors each (for bald i am thinking swimming caps?) (and for old lots of talc in the hair)

camera goes to doc1#
'ralph, lois - we have been waiting for you, there is much to be done'

camera pans across to the old couple
man' who are you, whats going on, we wont help until we know whats happening,

doc 2;
' the crimson king is coming ralph and we need your help, only short timers can help us now'

camera pans across to old lady
'why what can we do?'

doc 1
the force is strong within you, use the force!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
ok i know they both suck. and i have used soo much artistic licence its untrue, but you wanted camp and funny = silly?

and i wont be able to be with you guys tonight, so wanted to get involved somehow,
have a fab night

and what ever clip you use - have a great time filming it and i hope there is a way to watch it tomorrow/

Matt
05-16-2009, 08:59 AM
All the vidoes will be posted on the site for a nice long time Candy, you should have plenty of time to watch them. Thanks for the great ideas.

Nerak
05-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Can we do more than one..

OOO OOO

If you want funny..the scene in Misery when she's going to cut off his feet, but instead of cutting them off, she tickles them!! Just a thought... :orely:

Matt
05-16-2009, 09:33 AM

Funny works, and two ideas is fine. If we use it, you win!! :excited:

Dora
05-16-2009, 09:36 AM

OOO OOO

If you want funny..the scene in Misery when she's going to cut off his feet, but instead of cutting them off, she tickles them!! Just a thought... :orely:

:rofl::rofl:

alinda
05-16-2009, 11:28 AM
:lol: I cant wait !!! I'm here for the rest of the day! *sits down*:clap:

EXPLORER
05-16-2009, 12:40 PM
One of the favorite stories I have heard Mr King recite a couple of times is ""The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan" which is played out in the movie "Stand By Me" I am not sure with the limited number of performers or a one minute segment you could build to the level of the film, However a pie eating contest could be portrayed...... Nice bluebery pies...and use your imagination ....

Matt
05-16-2009, 01:15 PM
the bathroom scene from the shining

camera cuts onto scared woman, all wide eyed and screaming, pans out to see a man behind her trying to cut through a cardboard box with a steak knife,
finally gets through while shouting 'here's :insert own name;

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
or for all 4 of you
an aging couple on one side of a bed and a pair bald docs on the other side of the bed, the docs hold a pair of scissors each (for bald i am thinking swimming caps?) (and for old lots of talc in the hair)

camera goes to doc1#
'ralph, lois - we have been waiting for you, there is much to be done'

camera pans across to the old couple
man' who are you, whats going on, we wont help until we know whats happening,

doc 2;
' the crimson king is coming ralph and we need your help, only short timers can help us now'

camera pans across to old lady
'why what can we do?'

doc 1
the force is strong within you, use the force!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
ok i know they both suck. and i have used soo much artistic licence its untrue, but you wanted camp and funny = silly?

and i wont be able to be with you guys tonight, so wanted to get involved somehow,
have a fab night

and what ever clip you use - have a great time filming it and i hope there is a way to watch it tomorrow/

OOO OOO

We're going to use both of these. :thumbsup:

Good job you guys, an extra couple of entries