PDA

View Full Version : Smallville fans *spoilers*

Mordred Deschain
05-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Alright, who is a fan of Smallville. Sometimes I hate to admit it I watch Smallville, but I'm a Superman fan, and I use to watch Lois and Clark too. So...who's with me?

Brice
05-14-2009, 04:46 PM
I used to watch Lois and Clark, but I don't think I've seen Smallville at all though we have a few seasons on dvd.

Mordred Deschain
05-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Brice, Smallville series starts out with Clark in HS in Smallville. They obviously rush things a little, like Lex Luthor's dad sends him to Smallville to get him away from trouble. So, Lex is rich kid in a small farm town. And Clark only has part of his powers. The reason why I'm trying to find fans is, so they are all out of HS at this point, Clark is working at the Daily Planet. He does not wear glasses, and he has not put on the costume yet (but his jacket and shirt are mighty close to the superman costume mainly not tights and no S) and he can't fly. So, if the writers want to stay on some what of a track with Clark wearing glasses and Superman not, I'm trying to figure out how they are going to do it since he's now already a big shot at the Daily Planet working with Lois. Sorry if this is spoiling it for you. Except, I can't remember but I think the original original superman might have had a mask over his eyes or something. So, that's the main reason for this thread.

DoctorDodge
05-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Gotta admit that when Smallville first started i loved the show. It was great to see a whole new take on the Superman mythos, plus Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor was brilliant. Always love a story where best friends become worst enemies.

But my big problem with the show is that it's gone on way too long. This is supposed to be Superman: The Early Years, and yet, as Mordred pointed out, he's now working at the Daily Planet! In the past few years he's already fought against
Zod, Bizarro, Brainiac, and this season's villain is even DOOMSDAY!

Considering he spends so much time in Metropolis anyway i'm now wondering why the hell they haven't got round to wrapping the story up and ending the show on a...well, not a high. Unfortunately the moment where they could've ended on a high was a long time ago. The first two seasons were absolutely brilliant, but now...now it's become too different, and yet at the same time, too repetitive for me to enjoy.

Mordred Deschain
05-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Gotta admit that when Smallville first started i loved the show. It was great to see a whole new take on the Superman mythos, plus Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor was brilliant. Always love a story where best friends become worst enemies.

But my big problem with the show is that it's gone on way too long. This is supposed to be Superman: The Early Years, and yet, as Mordred pointed out, he's now working at the Daily Planet! In the past few years he's already fought against
Zod, Bizarro, Brainiac, and this season's villain is even DOOMSDAY!

Considering he spends so much time in Metropolis anyway i'm now wondering why the hell they haven't got round to wrapping the story up and ending the show on a...well, not a high. Unfortunately the moment where they could've ended on a high was a long time ago. The first two seasons were absolutely brilliant, but now...now it's become too different, and yet at the same time, too repetitive for me to enjoy.

I agree. And even in continuing the series, eveyone in Metropolis knows what he looks like so if he becomes Superman, how the hell are they gona do that? I'm also wondering why they haven't had him fly yet.

obscurejude
05-22-2009, 09:08 PM
I liked the show the first four seasons, but then I began to lose interest. I agree with the above statement that Michael Rosenbaum is terrific but many of the other actors couldn't be more static, particularly Tom Welling. I just got to the point where I couldn't handle it anymore.

John Blaze
05-22-2009, 10:19 PM
i stopped watching it after season 3.

but the Nicodemus episode.....:D

DoctorDodge
05-23-2009, 05:10 PM
i stopped watching it after season 3.

but the Nicodemus episode.....:D

Oh yes, JohnBlaze! Who can forget the Nicodemus episode? Gotta be an all-time classic. Honestly, i really bought the 1st season box set JUST for that episode! :lol: