PDA

View Full Version : A short pocket story

Claude Clay
05-02-2009, 08:12 PM
I’ve heard tell in the past people use to wear cloths and put various items in things called 'pockets'. And they could take things out and put other things in as they’re needs changed. Of course this was before gene specialization made skin pouches proper.

Then, they had pants: some with as many as 7 pockets-- plus 3 hidden ones. One of these hidden ones we will call Amodio. It’s like: sure you will always find two of the hidden ones; but never the same two twice and never all 3 at once--even with the instructions that were translated in India from the Made in China to English.
VOP’s (vests-of-many-pockets) invented by photographers started the trend. Though photographers became extinct, their VOP’s were taken to heart by nearly every segment of society and made special unto their specific needs. So, along with your 10 (or 9) pocket pants you can wear the 37 ( 8 hidden—and don’t go there) pocket vest. I recommend you buy these in twos.

Practice is important cause what with 47 pockets (remember—your actual findable pockets may vary) you have to:
 Find at least that many things to actually put in them. Usefulness at this time is not as important as quantity.
 Remember which pocket you put what into
 And the items expiration date.

You have to practice till you not only remember what’s in which pocket but can actually get it:
 In time for it to be useful
 Before you forget what it is your looking for
 Before your expiration date

Now this is why I said buy in twos—your gonna wear one out by the time you can wear it out.

Now, since you are going to practice—you are going to practice before you go out in the world dressed like a Swiss army knife, right?? I’m gonna bet you practice in front of a mirror. Two things here to know:
The mirror will confuse left and right but as half the population does this already—what’s the big deal? You know which half you are and if you don’t, it still won’t matter.

And—THIS IS IMPORTANT—do not ever, never ever, put anything in the secret pockets. What with the mirror reversing things (and knowing this, you anticipate the reversen the reverse) and the ability of the hidden pockets to hide, one of the mars rovers (still working) stands a better chance of finding it than you do.
Sooner or later ( it’s as sure as taxes) an item or two will happen to go missing; as in turn up unfindable. It may even be that you can feel it (not knowing what that feel is, is unsettling but try not to dwell on it) So, empty out what you can -- bet there’s stuff there now you already forgot you had, and give the clothing to mom.

Cause, as we all know —everything comes out in the wash.

----> My car is my office during the work day. I put this thought out of mind as i went through the day looking for a item on my person. Somewhere amongst my cargo pants/shirt and ccc vest pockets I knew it existed. At each red lite and traffic delay I searched......
towards the end of the day I rather forgot what it was i was looking for. That, however, was not reason enough to abandon said search.

Jean
05-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Claude - thank you for posting, bears really enjoyed! http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif Do you want this to be indexed as a Short Story (fiction), or an Essay (non-fiction)?

Claude Clay
05-05-2009, 12:23 PM
bears rule and may your nights be pleasant
thank you for the kind comment

category--:orely:it started out normal enough, but by the time i arrived home it had Twilight Zoned. May it please ya, I'm gonna go with non-fiction till i find it.

---------------------------
thems of you in CT---Friday afternoons are Gunslinger time---
mention 'pockets' to me and try your hand with the 6 shooter rig pictured

PedroPáramo
05-05-2009, 01:19 PM
jajajja!
It was fantastic

Have you ever read Julio Cortazar's Cronopios and famas?

You could read one tale herehttp://epc.buffalo.edu/authors/blackburn/blackburn_translation_cortazar_cronopios.html

Try to read the book. Maybe you'd like it.(:

Jean
05-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Mokona, as usual, sees the point at once - I had a vague feeling of Cortazar, too, while reading!

PedroPáramo
05-05-2009, 11:36 PM
:ninja:
Mokona, as usual, sees the point at once - I had a vague feeling of Cortazar, too, while reading!

I have been reading too much tales lately :ninja:

I also remember a Kawabata book called "Stories on the palm of the hand"
or something like that (I saw it on spanish) but I haven't read it. Anyway it's only short stories.

Claude Clay
05-06-2009, 07:21 AM
dbl post, sry

Claude Clay
05-06-2009, 07:29 AM
Thank you for the direction--I have a vague memory of having come across those directions some time ago. Watch for the book i shall.
----the more keys you have; the more things own you. my dad

Julio's lark with words compares well with Escher's visual wit.
Both highly enjoyable.

------------------------
coming soon to a monitor near you: a young lady's tribulations following some dandelion wine at a country fair. Her Other Dead Self

PedroPáramo
05-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Thank you for the direction--I have a vague memory of having come across those directions some time ago. Watch for the book i shall.
----the more keys you have; the more things own you. my dad

Julio's lark with words compares well with Escher's visual wit.
Both highly enjoyable.

------------------------
coming soon to a monitor near you: a young lady's tribulations following some dandelion wine at a country fair. Her Other Dead Self

This kind of tales are kinda dificult 'cause they're more like essays or poems, one thing one must remeber is that a tale and a novel are very different. They are different spitirits. The tale is more like poetry. One must say everything on a shorter space than usual.
Julio, or like I usually call him "Julito":wtf:, was a genious, or I least he was. Cronopios and famas, specially is one of his best books.