PDA

View Full Version : Using song lyrics IRL situations

Girlystevedave
04-24-2009, 02:26 PM
I find myself quoting lyrics a lot in every day conversation. For instance...

When I answer the phone, a lot of times I say: "Hello, is it me you're looking for? I can see it in your eyes...."

If I say "How cool is that?", I have the urge to quote Weezer's El Scorcho and say: "How cool is that? So I went to your room, and read your diary.."

Alright class, time to share your own. :)

sarajean
04-24-2009, 03:11 PM
mostly beastie boys stuff.

the one i can think of that is used most often in our house is:

i say "hold it!" to one of the kids. i hear jeff respond with "now hit it!" from the other room, and i have to say "yo, leroy!" back at him.

obscurejude
04-24-2009, 03:13 PM
I like going,

"She said pass the jello and I'm jello baby"

fernandito
04-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Whenever I'm over at my friends house and want him to pass me a beer, I yell "Pass the brew motherfucker while I tear shit up!"

Girlystevedave
04-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Whenever I'm waiting on something/anything, I quote Tom Petty: "And the wai-ai-ting is the hardest part" :)

obscurejude
04-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Whenever I'm waiting on something/anything, I quote Tom Petty: "And the wai-ai-ting is the hardest part" :)

I'm listening to him right now. :thumbsup:

Girlystevedave
04-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Nice!
I love me some Tom Petty :wub:

obscurejude
04-24-2009, 06:40 PM
I don't really use any lyrics from his songs in real life situations, but I often think about his music in certain situations.

"Into the Great Wide Open" makes me think about country landscapes because I heard it for the first time when I lived in a very rural community.

Jon
04-24-2009, 10:28 PM
When I get impatient, I quote from Paul McCartney's No More Lonely Nights... "I can wait another day..."