PDA

View Full Version : VERSUS Battle #6 – J. Jonah Jameson Vs. Perry White ! Please Vote !

turtlex
04-11-2009, 04:32 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/623/JJJameson1.jpg http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/623/PerryWhite1.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, Comic-Geeks, Fanboys and Girls - Let’s Get Ready To Rumble !!!!

The sixth VERSUS battle is now open!

Please place your votes and make your claims!

This thread will be open for approximately two weeks of comments, grandstanding, and claims of the invincible!

Pick your winner and let us know why you did !

This battle proposed by Seymour_Glass

J. Jonah Jameson VERSUS Perry White

J. Jonah Jameson :
Jameson is an accomplished reporter, editor, and businessman, knowledgeable in virtually every aspect of print publication. He demonstrates surprising fitness, though he is subject to fits of rage, has had multiple heart attacks, and is a chain smoker of cigars. His brusque behavior, capitalistic outlook, and obsession with Spider-Man frequently mislead people into believing him less principled and compassionate than he in fact is.

Perry White :
Perry White was born in the slum area of Metropolis. He never had a father figure, his dad going to war overseas. He worked as a copy boy at the Daily Planet where he would commit to this newspaper company, working his way up to editor.

~ COMPARISONS ~
Because of several factors in Perry White's life — his profession, some of his personal habits, and the fact that one of the stars of his staff is secretly a costumed superhero — J. Jonah Jameson, the aggressive editor-in-chief of the Daily Bugle newspaper featured in Marvel Comics' Spider-Man stories, has often been compared to Perry White.

However, compared to Jameson, White is a much more easy-going man (despite White's gruff demeanor and his high devotion to his newspaper); additionally, White also displays a great deal more affection for his city's primary superhero than Jameson does for Spider-Man.

Jameson bears various similarities to the Superman mythos' Perry White (the editor-in-chief of The Daily Planet newspaper, and boss of Superman's alter ego, newspaper reporter Clark Kent). Jameson and White have been directly compared in several intercompany crossovers, including the second Superman/Spider-Man encounter published in 1981 and set in a universe where the DC and Marvel characters co-exist. Peter Parker briefly relocates to Metropolis and sells photographs to White, forming the opinion that White is just as tough as Jameson, but nicer, paying him significantly more for photos than Jameson would have done. Clark Kent, meanwhile, has moved to New York and is warmly greeted by Jameson when Kent applies for a temporary stint at the Bugle while investigating Doctor Doom's latest plot.

Jameson and White meet in the Marvel vs DC series (in which the two universes are initially separate but are briefly merged) after the mysterious new owner of the Planet fires White and replaces him with Jameson. In one frame, White and Jameson angrily confront the owner (Wilson Fisk, aka the Kingpin) and are drawn with near-identical clothing, wristwatches, hairstyles and cigars. At one point, Jameson even delivers White's trademark line, "don't call me chief".

The Lady of Shadows
04-11-2009, 04:35 PM
sorry but perry white is a pussy. end of discussion. :P

Sam
04-11-2009, 04:56 PM
I tend to agree with The Lady. Ol' JJJ is one harsh SOB. You might now like him, but he'd haggle with a corpse and held his ground no matter what.

turtlex
04-13-2009, 02:47 AM
I'm going with J.Jonah myself. Perry can be kinda wimpy, and J.Jonah is just kinda mean.

flaggwalkstheline
04-13-2009, 05:21 AM
wow didnt expect these two to be involved here

Jonah is responsible for the creation of the scorpion and he financed the spiderslayers
Therefore, if any other pussified newspaper editor got in his way he would see no problem with kicking them in the balls and moving on

and those marvel/dc crossover are craptastic sales-tricks

Gris
04-13-2009, 05:32 AM
JJJ all them way

turtlex
04-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Great Caesars Ghost ! I think this could be our first absolute blow-out!

flaggwalkstheline
04-13-2009, 05:58 AM
superman and all things/ characters superman related suck

the exceptions being: any story with superboy prime, and stories where he gets his ass kicked at the hands of doomsday or batman

Munchausen
04-13-2009, 07:00 AM
JJJ is a way more dynamic and developed character than White. Heck, the screen time in the applicable movies should tell you that.

turtlex
04-14-2009, 03:31 AM
I'm not sure I agree with flagg 100% but I do see a huge difference in the DC Universe as opposed to the Marvel Universe.

I'm a MarvelFanGirl, and I like my heroes to be angsty. The DC Universe tends to have characters who don't really have issues with thier own super-ness... The exception, of course, is the current incarnation of Batman. And even then, an arguement could be made because he doesn't have superpowers, but is a hero.

As far as characters go - give me the angst of Rogue over the super wonderfulness of Wonder Woman, anyday ( though I still say WW could kick Rogue's arse ).

Aaron
04-14-2009, 11:37 AM
This one is a no-contest for me. Much of a DC fanboy as I am, there is no doubt that Jameson would kick Perry's ass up and down the block.

Matt
04-14-2009, 11:38 AM
I agree. JJJ is one hard motherfucker. :lol:

razz
04-14-2009, 11:58 AM
15-0
owned

fernandito
04-14-2009, 12:20 PM
JJJ rules.

J.K Simmons, enough said.

turtlex
04-14-2009, 12:21 PM
J.K Simmons, enough said.

The man speaks the truth!

Seymour_Glass
04-14-2009, 01:13 PM
JJ's all bark. You'e seen the way he acts when he actually sees Spidey. But Perry?

Dude published a story about how much of a lying asshole Lex Luthor was while he was President. Ballsy.

turtlex
04-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey ! Someone snuck in and voted for Perry!

That's 2 !

Brice
04-20-2009, 04:06 PM
:lol:

Seymour_Glass
04-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Yeah!!!
Even though we lose.

turtlex
04-21-2009, 02:19 AM
I don't know Seymour, there could be a sudden surge in voting... things happen.

candy
04-21-2009, 12:52 PM
i snucked in and voted for perry
i was all set to vote for jjj as i agree with all the comments above, but in hind sight i also think he was all bluster. whereas perry was the quieter man he could be a mean son of a beatch when he wanted to be

turtlex
04-21-2009, 01:18 PM
candy !

Way to stand up and back your vote...

... as crazy as it was. :P

Seymour_Glass
04-21-2009, 08:00 PM
i was all set to vote for jjj as i agree with all the comments above, but in hind sight i also think he was all bluster. whereas perry was the quieter man he could be a mean son of a beatch when he wanted to be

You, sir, are fucking correct.

mystima
04-22-2009, 12:00 AM
I think Perry would win just because of his street smarts alone.

candy
04-22-2009, 10:57 AM
:wtf:

You, sir, are fucking correct.

i normally am:P
but its madam, unless i am having an identity crisis day:wtf:

Seymour_Glass
04-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Oh. Oops. Sorry. :doh:

turtlex
04-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Would you look at this comeback?
Perry is up to 4 points.
I think if I keep this poll open long enough... he could actually win!

flaggwalkstheline
04-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Who would even vote for perry? marvel fanboy biases aside, hes just not that interesting or developed of a character
what kind of a catchphrase is "dont call me chief"? its like a running gag from 1950 that noone thought was funny then either yet somehow continued!

turtlex
04-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Perry's up to 5.

It's the biggest come-back of all time!

Honestly, I think he's got spunk, but really feel that J.Jonah would just barrel over him.

obscurejude
04-22-2009, 02:55 PM
I voted for him Flagg. You wanna take this outside?

turtlex
04-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Oh, no, a J.Jonah/Perry throw down!!

Easy, gentlemen. They're EDITORS! :grouphug:

( who would have thought this would have touched so many nerves... honestly, wonder woman got beat by rogue and I didn't take anyone outside )

obscurejude
04-22-2009, 03:02 PM
:rolleyes:

No Pam!

*breaks beer bottle over bar counter*

Where is Flagg!!!

turtlex
04-22-2009, 03:10 PM

Okay, seriously, that cracked me up.

I can see Flagg now, making a shank from a melted down toothbrush and disposable razor ( gosh I watch too much bad prison drama on bbc america ).

obscurejude
04-22-2009, 03:11 PM

flaggwalkstheline
04-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Do I give off a maximum security prison vibe or something lol?
eh dc fanboys always win nerdfights with us marvel zombies
they dont care about continuity
super retcon punch fans can kiss my spidey underpants wearing ass :pirate:

obscurejude
04-22-2009, 05:15 PM
*assembles sniper rifle and waits for the wind to die down in New Mexico*

Sam
04-22-2009, 05:15 PM

Okay, seriously, that cracked me up.

I can see Flagg now, making a shank from a melted down toothbrush and disposable razor ( gosh I watch too much bad prison drama on bbc america ).

See, now... yeah. Too much prison drama Pam. Way too much.

I've actually seen shanks made from toothbrushes and razor blades taken from a single blade disposable. We used to have to do razor blade count in the segregation unit. Also saw a shank made from fence wire, one made from a flattened piece of fence tie down (imagine a band about 1/2" thick, 2" wide, and 8" long), and was told how to make one from cigarette butts. I've always wondered about that last one and even thought about making one, but have you seen the price of cigarettes lately?

Sometimes I really miss that place. Just sometimes.

flaggwalkstheline
04-22-2009, 05:39 PM
*assembles sniper rifle and waits for the wind to die down in New Mexico*

good luck with that! the wind never quits here:thumbsup:

can anyone guess WHY its so windy in new mexico?

Because Texas sucks and Arizona blows

Har Har Har

if anyone happens to be from either of those places, then know this: I'm not sorry

but seriously I'm curious as to why anyone thinks perry white is in any way superior to JJJ
please, do elaborate

Seymour_Glass
04-22-2009, 07:02 PM
I voted for him Flagg. You wanna take this outside?

I love you. :wub:

I'm way too invested in this poll.

obscurejude
04-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Candy's explanation convinced me Flagg. Plus I tend to root for the underdog.

obscurejude
04-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Oh, and I was anxious to be loved by Seymour.

Jon
04-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Jameson would have a heart attack!

turtlex
04-23-2009, 02:50 AM
:lol: You guys are cracking me up :lol:

I've gotta find some kind of virtual Rock'emSock'em Robots so you guys can duke it out !

ETA: And Perry is now at 6 votes!

flaggwalkstheline
04-23-2009, 05:57 AM
this just proves that SOME PEOPLE prefer their comicbook supporting characters to have no personality:wtf:

candy
04-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Candy's explanation convinced me Flagg. Plus I tend to root for the underdog.

wooo hooo!!! someone listened to me:cool:

but if we are fighting over it i will be the one hiding under the chair with a big hat on!!

Seymour_Glass
04-23-2009, 02:37 PM
this just proves that SOME PEOPLE prefer their comicbook supporting characters to have no personality:wtf:

It's not that Perry has no personality, it's just that he's quieter and more dignified than JJJ, who spends his time verbally abusing everyone around him. But, as I said before, JJJ's all bark.
http://www.hembeck.com/Images/FredSez2007/JJJnamed.jpg

When he actually is face-to-face with Spider-man, he folds.

As opposed to my man Perry White, who looks Lex Luthor in the eye while calling him a liar and an asshole.

Also, Perry doesn't smoke as many cigars, so he's probably in better shape.

And he doesn't attempt to kill or ruin his local savior.

flaggwalkstheline
04-23-2009, 09:17 PM
I would say a guy who financed the creation of the scorpion and the spiderslayers has more than just bark!
Plus did u see what he did to the bookie recently? He tasered that wuss into unconsciousness! it was glorious!
and JJJ has stood up to norman osborne who is WAY more badass than lex luthor

that should be our next poll Lex versus The big G

turtlex
04-24-2009, 02:40 AM
With Perry up to 6 votes, I'm tempted to keep this poll open for another three or four months... with that kind of time, I can see Perry breaking "10" easy...

Sadly, though... Likely, we'll close this poll sometime this weekend.

candy
04-24-2009, 09:13 AM
no you cant close yet

PERRY PERRY PERRY

give me a P
give me an E
give me a R
give me another R
give me a Y

what have you got?

WINNER

turtlex
04-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Candy, you might need to gather some friends, get them to register and then come vote. :D

candy
04-24-2009, 10:55 AM
kicks toes together in a sad way and looks up under fringe

i dont have any friends

turtlex
04-24-2009, 10:56 AM
candy - look around! We're all friends! :grouphug:

candy
04-24-2009, 11:08 AM
awww - now i feel all warm and fuzzy inside. i even changed my feeling from angry (bad day at the office) to happy.

i love you all too - now vote for perry!!!!!!

Seymour_Glass
04-24-2009, 02:21 PM
I would say a guy who financed the creation of the scorpion and the spiderslayers has more than just bark!
Plus did u see what he did to the bookie recently? He tasered that wuss into unconsciousness! it was glorious!
and JJJ has stood up to norman osborne who is WAY more badass than lex luthor

that should be our next poll Lex versus The big G

We'll just agree to disagree. But Lex vs. Norman would be possibly the most epic thing EVAR.

turtlex
04-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Getting ready to close this battle out....

... When did Perry score another vote?!?

If you haven't voted by now... why I ask, why not?

Get yer votes in !!!

turtlex
05-01-2009, 03:21 PM
We have our winner. Perry White made a valiant effort to come-back, but alas, J. Jonah Jameson has won this battle!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2Y-BCmJL654/SXpW5p91ItI/AAAAAAAAG7E/PHxPKHVOUEc/s400/JJJ.jpg