11-28-2007, 08:06 PM
me too!

sai delgado
12-03-2007, 07:08 AM
hi

fernandito
12-03-2007, 07:09 AM
hi.

I like the upper part of your signature, it's quoted by Sean Bean's character in Equilibrium. :)

sai delgado
12-03-2007, 09:21 AM
it is indeed
i cant understand top part of your sig :lol: what does it say

fernandito
12-03-2007, 09:55 AM
it is indeed
i cant understand top part of your sig :lol: what does it say

Rough translation:

"..Because you suffered by my side all those times I felt defeated."

It's a verse from this song that Diego Maradona (World famous soccer player) dedicated to his mother shortly after her death. It makes me get all misty everytime I hear it. (sniff)

Darkthoughts
12-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Diego Maradona (World famous hand baller)
:P

fernandito
12-03-2007, 04:13 PM
:lol:

You won't get an argument from me on that one.

My grandfather was in the stadium that day (El Estadio Azteca) when Maradona performed his famous Hand of God.

Darkthoughts
12-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Far out!!

And :lol: for a good answer :D

sai blaine
12-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Sooooooo :innocent:

Storyslinger
12-11-2007, 12:16 PM
What are you planning :orely:

tamez
12-11-2007, 12:22 PM
/turns up the hot tub bubbles
:onfire:

Storyslinger
12-11-2007, 12:23 PM
*taps the keg and opens up the bar*

sai blaine
12-11-2007, 12:24 PM
*jumps in* Me? Planning?....now where would the fun be in saying eh?

*looks at tamez lost in fought..*

tamez
12-11-2007, 12:25 PM
i think we need another keg :excited:

Storyslinger
12-11-2007, 12:26 PM
*taps a second keg and fires up the grill*

sai blaine
12-11-2007, 12:30 PM
*sits on the grill...* Nice and cosy here :D

Storyslinger
12-11-2007, 12:30 PM
You sat on my steak <_<

sai blaine
12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
*sizzle sizzle* looks tasty :P :P :P *eats away*

Storyslinger
12-11-2007, 12:49 PM
:angry: :arg:

sai blaine
12-11-2007, 12:50 PM
:innocent: *sits in the hot tub eating steak and drinkin some blood stuff..*

Storyslinger
12-11-2007, 12:51 PM
*cranks the heat up in an attempt to boil David*

sai blaine
12-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Cheers! :D *relaxs*

Storyslinger
12-11-2007, 12:53 PM
*grabs a beer and goes sits in the corner by the fire*

sai blaine
12-11-2007, 12:54 PM
*blows bubbles at tamez* Hmmm think i need a real drink :D

Callahan From Salem's Lot
12-14-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm so bored, is there someone here ?

Edit:

W00t ! First Post and I get a TOTP !

Daghain
12-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Hey Callahan, welcome to the site. There are a lot of people here - just look down at the bottom of the main page. You'll see a list. :D

12-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Well I never saw it was my first post...It's not the first time I come here though...I'm not used to the interface and all, I'm an ex DT.net-er...

Daghain
12-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Welcome anyway. :D If you need any help figuring out how to use the site, just let us know. :D

12-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Well I'm the kind of guy who learns by him self, so I'll learn, I'll learn ! :D

sai blaine
12-19-2007, 03:41 AM
Davvvvvid! :ninja:

tamez
12-19-2007, 06:16 AM
:yawn: :yawn:

i'm sleepy
imma lay down on the floor in here
for a bit
don't step on me

sai blaine
12-19-2007, 06:48 AM
*covers tamez up with a blanket*

tamez
12-19-2007, 06:53 AM
awww, thank you
zzzzzzzzzz

sai blaine
12-19-2007, 07:00 AM
Anytime ;) *lights a fire and roasts marshmallows*

Darkthoughts
12-19-2007, 10:58 AM
*plays the guitar and sings campfire songs*

fernandito
12-19-2007, 11:00 AM
*spark-a-darks a J*

;)

Darkthoughts
12-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Two tokes and pass it on!

sai blaine
12-19-2007, 11:10 AM
*shoves a marshmellow in darks and feverish's mouth*

fernandito
12-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Two tokes and pass it on!

And always to the left!

Darkthoughts
12-19-2007, 11:11 AM
*tries to say "Fluffy bunnies"* :lol:

*And makes sure she is sat on Feev's left* :D

Wuducynn
12-19-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm so bored, is there someone here ?

Edit:

W00t ! First Post and I get a TOTP !

'Bout fucking time you got yourself over here! :harrier:

alinda
12-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi Guys, how are you feeling today?:huglove:

sai blaine
12-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Lusty Linda!!! HEEEEEY!!!! :cuddle: hows you? :)

alinda
12-19-2007, 01:43 PM
I am great wish I could be here for the party tonight , but I am at the library,
and the doors will be locked then.....say "hello" to everyone for me?
heres a ((hug)) for you!

sai blaine
12-19-2007, 01:45 PM
:huglove: I will if im still on :)

Been up to much dear? :wub:

ZoNeSeeK
12-19-2007, 04:38 PM
*hungover*

12-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Sorry Matt, it took me long before I had time to kill !

Darkthoughts
12-20-2007, 04:54 AM
*hungover*

*hugs* You and me both, mate!

fernandito
12-20-2007, 09:50 AM
There's going to be plenty of Tequila consumption come this Monday. :D

Ruthful
12-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Oh man, the "Stephen King killed John Lennon" nutbar is at it again.

This time, on the Dennis Miller Show.

:pullhair:

I like Dennis Miller, but why on earth does he give this lunatic a bully pulpit? I've heard this goofball call tons of talk radio shows, syndicated and local (NY), and Miller is the only host who doesn't cut him off after thirty seconds, forty, max.

Do I really need to know why this guy-who should be forcibly confined-is going to vote for Dennis Kucinich, or why thinks we should have more confiscatory tax rates?

fernandito
12-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Dennis Miller strikes again!

Ruthful
12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Dennis Miller strikes again!

He really needs to learn that there is such a thing as a "dump" button.

When someone completely out of his/her mind calls into your radio show-which occurs more often than you would think-you need to employ it.

alinda
12-23-2007, 05:58 AM
:huglove: I will if im still on :)

Been up to much dear? :wub:

Ouch! I had to leave the library, you only get to use the computer
for like a half an hour, I feel bad I didnt see your reply or say bye.
So, "not much David" & I hope to see you later!!"

Lyssa in the Sky
12-23-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm just doing this to figure out how the beam bucks work, also I need more slot machine money

Lyssa in the Sky
12-23-2007, 10:40 PM
ok, all xmas presents wrapped and under the tree with my name on them, fuck santa, my kids are gonna know who to worship when this all over with

Ruthful
12-24-2007, 09:06 AM
LOL.

Matt
12-24-2007, 09:18 AM

Me and Dora did some of each--some from Santa, some from us.

Nice to see you here Callahan, hope you get the format worked out.

Jon
12-27-2007, 02:54 AM
I MUST know the answer to this;

If you take a blue cigarette lighter and a red one. You weigh them and find that the blue lighter weighs 5 grams and the red one weighs 4 grams, which one is the lighter lighter? The red one of course but how do you refer to the blue lighter from that point on. You cannot call it a "lighter."
By the same token, if you take the blue lighter and set the red lighter aflame...then which one is the lighter "lighter?" The blue one of course but we have already weighed them and know the blue lighter weighs more. So how can we refer to it as a "lighter?"

Maybe I'd better put the Jim Beam down for a bit.

Ruthful
12-27-2007, 06:30 AM
OMG, I DESPISE NATIONAL PUBLIC RADIO!!!!

:panic:

Why the fuck does WNYC need to break into a BBC World Today special report about Benazir Bhutto's assassination to continue their obnoxious begathon-less than a week before the new year, no less?!

NPR has more money than fuckin' Croesus anyway, what's the point of importuning listeners for cash like a crack-addled transient on the A train when the most momentous event of 2007 just occurred?

:pullhair:

Brice
12-27-2007, 06:53 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but who is Benazir Bhutto. I don't watch or read news usually.

Ruthful
12-27-2007, 07:12 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but who is Benazir Bhutto. I don't watch or read news usually.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,318525,00.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/28/world/asia/28pakistan.html?ref=world

Brice
12-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Oh, so now you're gonna' make me read it, huh? :P

Ruthful
12-27-2007, 07:33 AM
I don't think she was mentioned in "We Didn't Start The Fire."

Neither was her father, which is strange when you stop to think about it.

Brice
12-27-2007, 07:40 AM
You are right. I just checked.

ZoNeSeeK
12-27-2007, 07:26 PM
She (was) Pakistan's hope for a democratic-elect government. Its an incredibly sad day for Pakistan's future, especially when they already need all the help they can get.

Ruthful
12-27-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm going to repeat what I wrote on someone else's LJ page earlier today, because I'm very unoriginal.

Screw that, I'm just going to repost the link to that conversation.

http://halosfan.livejournal.com/688684.html

Candice Dionysus
01-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Forgive me now for posting this huge thing...

Ok. So Thursday night Minion rented The Foundation downtown and we had a little rave thing. By the end of the night, there was just this small group of us left. It was like, Me and my brother, Rob the sponsor/our friend, Jesse who introduced us to Rob on New Years, Minion, Phil who I've hung out with once or twice before, and Andrew, who I think with the exception of my brother was the youngest person there, being that he is sixteen. Jay showed up as we were leaving.

So I spent the better part of the evening tooling around and smoking with Phil, because Phil is cool, and I haven't hung out with him in a long time. We took a walk, got back, and outside was standing Andrew, who I hadn't met previously. The three of us stood outside and smoked a bit, then we went in, and they were dancing, but I stayed off the floor to rest my legs from all the walking I had done with Phil, considering I was wearing heel's.

At the beginning of the night, I did dance. Someone gave me glow sticks, and I ended up dancing a bit with Rob, which was fun, and then on my own a little, and after a while I went and sat down and that was that, because shortly after I went walking with Phil. Once I got back into the club, taking into consideration the fact that I had worked six hours doing cash before getting to the club, danced once I got there, went for a walk, and then stood outside with Phil and Andrew for about twenty minutes smoking and chatting... I figured I had a right to sit for a little. I was watching everyone, and then Andrew comes over, grabs my hands, and drags me onto the dance floor. But, by this point, it was just the small group of us, and there was a lot of unused space on the floor. The minute he grabbed me, though, I knew I was screwed. Because while I don't normally get this way, I've begun to fall for this kid.

Here is the dilemma. I know that he's mature, and he's really kind, and I enjoy being around him. I also know his birthday is the day before mine, which is why we connected on the level we connected on. But I still think of him as a kid, because he's three years younger than me, almost to the day. He's my brothers age, besides, and for that its almost (not really, but bordering on) creepy.

Now, the reason I do know the things I've found out is because he had been kicked out of his house, and was going to sleep in a laundromat. Now, I'm a caring person, I don't like to let people do stuff like that, if I can help it. I probably shouldn't have brought him back here, but I did. And if I had my own place, I would do stuff like that far more often. Which is probably not a good idea. Essentially, my place would be the one place where my friends would always be welcome to spend the night, any night, for as many nights as they need. Which is what I was willing to do here for Andrew. He went home last night around six thirty, after adding me on facebook, and promising to message me his number as soon as he found his phone (which he believes he left at school). Oh, there's another thing. He's still in high school; I'd have graduated by now if I'd attended, but I didn't.

I mean, its not that this whole thing feels wrong, its just that for some reason I think its weird that I've connected with this kid like this, even though I usually (and by usually I mean always, even with girls) go for someone older, rather than allowing myself someone younger. Mainly because younger usually means less mature, not always physically, but usually mentally, and that is what bothers me most about people in general. The fact that they are mentally immature. But that might be what it is about this kid, the fact that, if he hadn't told me (which I'm glad he did) that he was still sixteen, I wouldn't have been able to guess it on my own. No way, no how. Except maybe by the acne, but thats not a big deal. Never has been; even I still have breakouts now and again, and I'm twenty on July tenth (making Andrew's birthday the ninth, obviously, at which point he will turn seventeen).

But all in all, I don't think the timing for this rave could have been better. I haven't had that much fun in ages, and not to mention seeing all the people who I know, but I don't get to see as often as I want, was really great. I mean, I walked up to the door and I was hugged by people I don't think I even know, even now, but I still hugged them back. And why? Because that is the spirit of the community, that is how raver's roll.

You know what, too? A lot of people are under the misconception that ravers take E. This is wrong, because while I ran into one or two acid heads, and snuck out to smoke a bowl with Jesse, Phil, Ben, and this other girl who's name I don't remember (but I think it was Ayla), I didn't run into a single people who was on, or advocated the use of, E. And that made the sense of community stronger, because we were really all there for the music, the dancing, the fun, the fellowship. And the small group out for pizza at one in the morning afterwards didn't hurt, either.

Wuducynn
01-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Forgive me now for posting this huge thing...

Ok. So Thursday night Minion rented The Foundation downtown and we had a little rave thing. By the end of the night, there was just this small group of us left. It was like, Me and my brother, Rob the sponsor/our friend, Jesse who introduced us to Rob on New Years, Minion, Phil who I've hung out with once or twice before, and Andrew, who I think with the exception of my brother was the youngest person there, being that he is sixteen. Jay showed up as we were leaving.

So I spent the better part of the evening tooling around and smoking with Phil, because Phil is cool, and I haven't hung out with him in a long time. We took a walk, got back, and outside was standing Andrew, who I hadn't met previously. The three of us stood outside and smoked a bit, then we went in, and they were dancing, but I stayed off the floor to rest my legs from all the walking I had done with Phil, considering I was wearing heel's.

At the beginning of the night, I did dance. Someone gave me glow sticks, and I ended up dancing a bit with Rob, which was fun, and then on my own a little, and after a while I went and sat down and that was that, because shortly after I went walking with Phil. Once I got back into the club, taking into consideration the fact that I had worked six hours doing cash before getting to the club, danced once I got there, went for a walk, and then stood outside with Phil and Andrew for about twenty minutes smoking and chatting... I figured I had a right to sit for a little. I was watching everyone, and then Andrew comes over, grabs my hands, and drags me onto the dance floor. But, by this point, it was just the small group of us, and there was a lot of unused space on the floor. The minute he grabbed me, though, I knew I was screwed. Because while I don't normally get this way, I've begun to fall for this kid.

Here is the dilemma. I know that he's mature, and he's really kind, and I enjoy being around him. I also know his birthday is the day before mine, which is why we connected on the level we connected on. But I still think of him as a kid, because he's three years younger than me, almost to the day. He's my brothers age, besides, and for that its almost (not really, but bordering on) creepy.

Now, the reason I do know the things I've found out is because he had been kicked out of his house, and was going to sleep in a laundromat. Now, I'm a caring person, I don't like to let people do stuff like that, if I can help it. I probably shouldn't have brought him back here, but I did. And if I had my own place, I would do stuff like that far more often. Which is probably not a good idea. Essentially, my place would be the one place where my friends would always be welcome to spend the night, any night, for as many nights as they need. Which is what I was willing to do here for Andrew. He went home last night around six thirty, after adding me on facebook, and promising to message me his number as soon as he found his phone (which he believes he left at school). Oh, there's another thing. He's still in high school; I'd have graduated by now if I'd attended, but I didn't.

I mean, its not that this whole thing feels wrong, its just that for some reason I think its weird that I've connected with this kid like this, even though I usually (and by usually I mean always, even with girls) go for someone older, rather than allowing myself someone younger. Mainly because younger usually means less mature, not always physically, but usually mentally, and that is what bothers me most about people in general. The fact that they are mentally immature. But that might be what it is about this kid, the fact that, if he hadn't told me (which I'm glad he did) that he was still sixteen, I wouldn't have been able to guess it on my own. No way, no how. Except maybe by the acne, but thats not a big deal. Never has been; even I still have breakouts now and again, and I'm twenty on July tenth (making Andrew's birthday the ninth, obviously, at which point he will turn seventeen).

But all in all, I don't think the timing for this rave could have been better. I haven't had that much fun in ages, and not to mention seeing all the people who I know, but I don't get to see as often as I want, was really great. I mean, I walked up to the door and I was hugged by people I don't think I even know, even now, but I still hugged them back. And why? Because that is the spirit of the community, that is how raver's roll.

You know what, too? A lot of people are under the misconception that ravers take E. This is wrong, because while I ran into one or two acid heads, and snuck out to smoke a bowl with Jesse, Phil, Ben, and this other girl who's name I don't remember (but I think it was Ayla), I didn't run into a single people who was on, or advocated the use of, E. And that made the sense of community stronger, because we were really all there for the music, the dancing, the fun, the fellowship. And the small group out for pizza at one in the morning afterwards didn't hurt, either.

But, why?

Candice Dionysus
01-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Why what?

ATG
01-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Sorry, this post is for the $5.00 on blackjack because I suck at it, lol.

Brice
01-12-2008, 10:52 PM
:rofl: I've done that.

ZoNeSeeK
01-13-2008, 06:22 PM
lol ;)

IWasSentWest
01-16-2008, 12:08 PM
yo yoooo

Fall of Gilead
01-16-2008, 02:09 PM
It's Westie!

Candice Dionysus
01-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Ok! So last night I'm chillin' out in my room listening to my old cassette tape of Affliction by Econoline Crush. On the second side, during my favorite song, Sycophant, my friend Charlene calls me up.

"Hey! Guess what?" She says. "Econoline Crush is playing downtown at the Foundation night club at nine! Its five bucks to get in! Want to go?"

I was ecstatic, I couldn't believe it. So I said yes, of course, I'd meet her down there for eight forty-five, and we'd go to the show.

So I get down there, and she's hanging out with our friends Twiggy and Andrew (who, together with Casper, who I've known since I was twelve, make up the band The Fallen Fools), who we proceeded to go smoke a joint with before the show. They weren't coming with, though, they were just smoking us up. But that was fun.

We get in to the show, and the first band, The Quarry, start to play after about an hour and a half. They aren't too great. I don't hate them, but they are really, really pop-rock, and I'm not too keen on that. I clapped, a little. Just for show. The bassist was a cutie, though.

Unfortunately, after The Quarry Charlene gets a call and has to go home. So I walked her to the bus station, waited with her, went back to the Foundie, and Econoline Crush still weren't on yet. I hung around a bit, waited, dance a little to the bad rock music, with a good song every so often, and hoped and prayed to hear Trevor's gorgeous vocals any moment.
Then the music starts up, the band is playing, and with so much energy I almost had an orgasm right then and there, Trevor runs up on stage and starts to sing and bounce around. I have never been so happy to see an exuberant blond man bounce on a stage to hard rock music for two hours.

I was singing along, of course, until they played the new tracks off of Ignite. You see, I was at the CD release party, so I wasn't even positive there was a new album until Trevor said so on stage. And Dirty is such a great song, and I just love the new tunes. I'm buying a copy tomorrow.

So I'm standing up by the merch booth, and I see five dollar posters. Lo! And behold; I have five dollars. I purchased myself a pretty poster. After they leave the stage, they come back up and play two encore tracks. It was... Amazing. Then, finally, after it all, Trevor walks up into the area by the merch booth, followed loosely after by the other band members. I froze. What do I do? I've loved this man since before I was actually interested in men! Oh, but I can't just stand here like a moron. I got him to sign my poster. He spelled my name right without asking, and called me sweetie. After that I got the other members to sign as well, ending with Fitz, who's super cool. He used to play with Vince Neal, and with Theory of a Dead Man (who I'm not a fan of, but who cares?). So he's not an original member of the band, but who gives a fuck? Fitz on drums is like Botticelli with a paint brush; beautiful poetry in motion.

I hung about near the band for a while, went out for a smoke, came back, hung out some more. The end of the night, everyone's pretty much gone, I'm sitting there, and Fitz is over by the door talking to some girls. They're leaving, and I realize something. How can I make a lasting impression? Fitz had looked at me previously, and mentioned how quiet I was; this was true, I'm very shy, and I wasn't saying much. I take off my favorite necklace and walk over. I gave it to him, he was still wearing it when I left the club and gave him a hug goodbye on the street. I was pleased with that.

After I gave Fitz the necklace, I wanted to do something even better. I waited for Trevor to come back up, and when he was done talking to people, I gave him my copper bracelet, which is good for mineral absorption. He knew what it was for, which made my day. He wanted to be absolutely sure I was sure I wanted to give it to him, too. (So had Fitz. "Oh, are you sure? Really? Thank you so much!" How sweet! Such down to Earth guys, man... I tell ya.)

After I gave him the bracelet we got to talking. We talked about the fire's down town recently, and how neither of us could remember what was where the second one happened. We talked about snow and global warming. We talked about snowmobiling, and springs that appear in rivers that can sink you - how when you see one, you just have to floor it and hope you don't fall in. I told him I was listening to Sycophant when my friend called to tell me last minute that they were going to be playing, and how its my favorite song ever since I was like nine or ten or so. We talked about my brother being a musician, and how he likes to take my poetry and turn it into songs. Then we talked about a program for the mac, and how I want a mac so bad.

And then, the conversation turned to my writing, and my heart skipped a beat. He asked if I wrote stories too, and I said I did. Then I remembered. "Oh, wait, I have this with me, and its my first... I published this through Lulu.com, like nine people own a copy." And I handed him a copy of Web of Lies. He leafed through it, and he was really cool about it, and when I told him he could keep it, he was so sweet, again, "are you sure? Really? That's so sweet of you!" So not only does he have my bracelet, he now owns a copy of my first published novella, as well. Then they had to go, and so did I because the club was closed. That's when I hugged him goodbye, and he told me "I hope I get to see you again at our next show here in Barrie. You're cool." And I told him, if they come back, I'll be there, no chance of me missing it. And we hugged again, and I left.

On my way out, like I mentioned, I had the same little goodbye with Fitz. I hope you're at our next show, I think you're cool, thank you so much for the necklace, I'll wear it proudly, it was so nice to meet you... And I said the same thing to him, rabid dogs couldn't keep me from seeing them again. And we hugged, and I walked home. I have never, NEVER been so happy to walk up a hill at two AM.

So yeah, that's the story of how I met Econoline Crush. <3 I'm so happy with myself.

IWasSentWest
01-17-2008, 05:45 PM
cool

Candice Dionysus
01-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Haha, yeah, very cool.
Though upon reflection, I believe most people here wouldn't really know them very well, if at all, in terms of having heard their music.

ManOfWesternesse
01-18-2008, 04:08 AM
Sounds like you had a hell of a time Can.
Well done on having the bottle to go talk to them!

Wuducynn
01-18-2008, 05:49 AM
Ok! So last night I'm chillin' out in my room listening to my old cassette tape of Affliction by Econoline Crush. On the second side, during my favorite song, Sycophant, my friend Charlene calls me up.

"Hey! Guess what?" She says. "Econoline Crush is playing downtown at the Foundation night club at nine! Its five bucks to get in! Want to go?"

I was ecstatic, I couldn't believe it. So I said yes, of course, I'd meet her down there for eight forty-five, and we'd go to the show.

So I get down there, and she's hanging out with our friends Twiggy and Andrew (who, together with Casper, who I've known since I was twelve, make up the band The Fallen Fools), who we proceeded to go smoke a joint with before the show. They weren't coming with, though, they were just smoking us up. But that was fun.

We get in to the show, and the first band, The Quarry, start to play after about an hour and a half. They aren't too great. I don't hate them, but they are really, really pop-rock, and I'm not too keen on that. I clapped, a little. Just for show. The bassist was a cutie, though.

Unfortunately, after The Quarry Charlene gets a call and has to go home. So I walked her to the bus station, waited with her, went back to the Foundie, and Econoline Crush still weren't on yet. I hung around a bit, waited, dance a little to the bad rock music, with a good song every so often, and hoped and prayed to hear Trevor's gorgeous vocals any moment.
Then the music starts up, the band is playing, and with so much energy I almost had an orgasm right then and there, Trevor runs up on stage and starts to sing and bounce around. I have never been so happy to see an exuberant blond man bounce on a stage to hard rock music for two hours.

I was singing along, of course, until they played the new tracks off of Ignite. You see, I was at the CD release party, so I wasn't even positive there was a new album until Trevor said so on stage. And Dirty is such a great song, and I just love the new tunes. I'm buying a copy tomorrow.

So I'm standing up by the merch booth, and I see five dollar posters. Lo! And behold; I have five dollars. I purchased myself a pretty poster. After they leave the stage, they come back up and play two encore tracks. It was... Amazing. Then, finally, after it all, Trevor walks up into the area by the merch booth, followed loosely after by the other band members. I froze. What do I do? I've loved this man since before I was actually interested in men! Oh, but I can't just stand here like a moron. I got him to sign my poster. He spelled my name right without asking, and called me sweetie. After that I got the other members to sign as well, ending with Fitz, who's super cool. He used to play with Vince Neal, and with Theory of a Dead Man (who I'm not a fan of, but who cares?). So he's not an original member of the band, but who gives a fuck? Fitz on drums is like Botticelli with a paint brush; beautiful poetry in motion.

I hung about near the band for a while, went out for a smoke, came back, hung out some more. The end of the night, everyone's pretty much gone, I'm sitting there, and Fitz is over by the door talking to some girls. They're leaving, and I realize something. How can I make a lasting impression? Fitz had looked at me previously, and mentioned how quiet I was; this was true, I'm very shy, and I wasn't saying much. I take off my favorite necklace and walk over. I gave it to him, he was still wearing it when I left the club and gave him a hug goodbye on the street. I was pleased with that.

After I gave Fitz the necklace, I wanted to do something even better. I waited for Trevor to come back up, and when he was done talking to people, I gave him my copper bracelet, which is good for mineral absorption. He knew what it was for, which made my day. He wanted to be absolutely sure I was sure I wanted to give it to him, too. (So had Fitz. "Oh, are you sure? Really? Thank you so much!" How sweet! Such down to Earth guys, man... I tell ya.)

After I gave him the bracelet we got to talking. We talked about the fire's down town recently, and how neither of us could remember what was where the second one happened. We talked about snow and global warming. We talked about snowmobiling, and springs that appear in rivers that can sink you - how when you see one, you just have to floor it and hope you don't fall in. I told him I was listening to Sycophant when my friend called to tell me last minute that they were going to be playing, and how its my favorite song ever since I was like nine or ten or so. We talked about my brother being a musician, and how he likes to take my poetry and turn it into songs. Then we talked about a program for the mac, and how I want a mac so bad.

And then, the conversation turned to my writing, and my heart skipped a beat. He asked if I wrote stories too, and I said I did. Then I remembered. "Oh, wait, I have this with me, and its my first... I published this through Lulu.com, like nine people own a copy." And I handed him a copy of Web of Lies. He leafed through it, and he was really cool about it, and when I told him he could keep it, he was so sweet, again, "are you sure? Really? That's so sweet of you!" So not only does he have my bracelet, he now owns a copy of my first published novella, as well. Then they had to go, and so did I because the club was closed. That's when I hugged him goodbye, and he told me "I hope I get to see you again at our next show here in Barrie. You're cool." And I told him, if they come back, I'll be there, no chance of me missing it. And we hugged again, and I left.

On my way out, like I mentioned, I had the same little goodbye with Fitz. I hope you're at our next show, I think you're cool, thank you so much for the necklace, I'll wear it proudly, it was so nice to meet you... And I said the same thing to him, rabid dogs couldn't keep me from seeing them again. And we hugged, and I walked home. I have never, NEVER been so happy to walk up a hill at two AM.

So yeah, that's the story of how I met Econoline Crush. <3 I'm so happy with myself.

But, why?

Candice Dionysus
01-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks, Brian. It's freaking amazing what I can do when I just let go.

Wuducynn
01-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Jeeze Candice, you know I'm fucking with ya!

IWasSentWest
01-18-2008, 12:22 PM
yeh i'd never heard of em...sorry for the bore of a comment.

if i had ever met my favorite band (the avett brothers)..i would probably catch a chubby and piss myself

ATG
01-18-2008, 09:05 PM
yeh i'd never heard of em...sorry for the bore of a comment.

if i had ever met my favorite band (the avett brothers)..i would probably catch a chubby and piss myself

That's hard to do you know.

Still Servant
01-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Ok! So last night I'm chillin' out in my room listening to my old cassette tape.

What's a cassette tape?

IWasSentWest
01-18-2008, 10:00 PM
yeh it is.....the scene from "40 yr. old virgin" where he tries to do it is fuckin spot on perfect

and a cassette tape? yeh i agree, what the blue hell is that?

Jon
01-19-2008, 01:44 AM
A cassette tape is better than an 8 track.

TerribleT
01-19-2008, 07:18 AM
:rofl:

Which is better than a vinyl album.

Brice
01-19-2008, 07:20 AM

Is not! Vinyl is best. :thumbsup:

TerribleT
01-19-2008, 07:22 AM

Have you ever even seen one, or is that like some sort of myth for you?

Brice
01-19-2008, 07:23 AM

Have you ever even seen one, or is that like some sort of myth for you?

Actually, I collect records. :)

TerribleT
01-19-2008, 07:25 AM
Kewl!!!!

alinda
01-19-2008, 08:05 AM
On the morning after tomorrow, I am going to drive 2 hr 40 minutes away
from my town, and then I am going to meet Ladyhitchhiker!!! :excited:

Brice
01-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Have a good time Linda. :D

ManOfWesternesse
01-20-2008, 10:12 AM

Great Linda - have fun & take pics!

Wuducynn
01-20-2008, 10:18 AM

Tell her that Mattttqhew said "hello!"

alinda
01-20-2008, 10:41 AM
will do, its pretty exciting to be able to meet her, to meet all of you I'd be
fairly delierous!

:grouphug:

Darkthoughts
01-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Awesome! Hope you both have a great time!!

jayson
01-20-2008, 01:59 PM

You've got that right Brice. When I worked at a radio station a few years ago I took the opportunity to use the equipment to transfer a lot of my old vinyl to cd. It is nice to be able to listen to some of those albums the way I remember them with all of their beautiful pops and crackles and hisses. It's part of the experience.

Candice Dionysus
01-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Oh man, Linda, tell her I love her a lot! :huglove:

Brice! I would totally kiss you if you were here, man! :huglove: I have some old Vinyl, but the needle on my record player is shot, and Drop the Needle, the DJ equipment shop downtown, flooded out and are gone, so I'm screwed. That was the only place in town I could actually find good needles.

Speaking of 8 Tracks, I have an old 8 Track player in the garage, but nothing to put in it! Haha. Man, that's always made me giggle, that I have it but I can't use it.

Man... Okay, West, Still Servant, Cassette Tapes came after Vinyl, but before Compact Discs. Remember when every car had a tape deck? That's what I'm talking about. Haha. Back when there was no caller ID, VCR's were rare and expensive, and cell phones were the size of a fuckin' full grown cat. I so love to still listen to my tapes. Its great.

Brice
01-20-2008, 06:01 PM

You've got that right Brice. When I worked at a radio station a few years ago I took the opportunity to use the equipment to transfer a lot of my old vinyl to cd. It is nice to be able to listen to some of those albums the way I remember them with all of their beautiful pops and crackles and hisses. It's part of the experience.

Ha ha! The pops, cracks, and hisses belong there. It is organic. A CD is lifeless. I have a feeling you'd like my modest little collection of a few hundred records (plus 45s) seeing as our tastes seem to be similar in so much. I only wish I could record mine all to cd though. Some of mine are pretty rare and never have been released on CD at all.

Oh man, Linda, tell her I love her a lot! :huglove:

Brice! I would totally kiss you if you were here, man! :huglove: I have some old Vinyl, but the needle on my record player is shot, and Drop the Needle, the DJ equipment shop downtown, flooded out and are gone, so I'm screwed. That was the only place in town I could actually find good needles.

Speaking of 8 Tracks, I have an old 8 Track player in the garage, but nothing to put in it! Haha. Man, that's always made me giggle, that I have it but I can't use it.

Man... Okay, West, Still Servant, Cassette Tapes came after Vinyl, but before Compact Discs. Remember when every car had a tape deck? That's what I'm talking about. Haha. Back when there was no caller ID, VCR's were rare and expensive, and cell phones were the size of a fuckin' full grown cat. I so love to still listen to my tapes. Its great.

If you can give me the model I should be able to locate some needles for ya'.

....and you can still kiss me anytime. :huglove:

Candice Dionysus
01-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Its just a silly Marantz Automatic Turntable TT-432. My grandfather gave it to me when his house burned down, and it worked... Then the needle went the first time, but I had Drop the Needle to help me find the right one. But its been so long, I forget what I need, and they're gone... So if you can find me some needle's, man, I will love you until the world explodes.

ATG
01-20-2008, 08:34 PM
http://i7.tinypic.com/6yb39qt.gif

Gunslinger smily.

It's all I got.

Candice Dionysus
01-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Its worth a kiss. :huglove:

Brice
01-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Its just a silly Marantz Automatic Turntable TT-432. My grandfather gave it to me when his house burned down, and it worked... Then the needle went the first time, but I had Drop the Needle to help me find the right one. But its been so long, I forget what I need, and they're gone... So if you can find me some needle's, man, I will love you until the world explodes.

http://www1.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML825770205

Marantz made a pretty good turntable IMO. Your needle will cost about $20 + s&h

Candice Dionysus
01-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Oh. My. God. I love you! :huglove: :huglove: Thank you so much! I can order on my next check.

Brice
01-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Oh. My. God. I love you! :huglove: :huglove: Thank you so much! I can order on my next check.

Awesome! I love you too Can! :huglove:

ATG
01-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Its worth a kiss. :huglove:

I'm just gonna assume you mean me!:panic:

Candice Dionysus
01-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Yes I did, ATG. ^_^

YAY! Brice loves me! <3 I need to like... Hunt you down and give you a giant kiss.

ATG
01-20-2008, 08:53 PM
http://i14.tinypic.com/6l97rrd.png

Brice
01-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Yes I did, ATG. ^_^

YAY! Brice loves me! <3 I need to like... Hunt you down and give you a giant kiss.

I'm hard to find. :(

516 Godwin Avenue
Lumberton, NC 28358

Candice Dionysus
01-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Hahaha, I love that... I promise, Brice, that I will try, in the next year and a half or so, to come and kiss you.

Brice
01-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Hahaha, I love that... I promise, Brice, that I will try, in the next year and a half or so, to come and kiss you.

I'll be waiting. :couple:

ATG
01-20-2008, 09:00 PM
http://i11.tinypic.com/7yn99oh.gif

Candice Dionysus
01-20-2008, 09:18 PM

Damn well better be. XD :huglove:

Brice
01-20-2008, 09:50 PM

Damn well better be. XD :huglove:

I already am. :D

Candice Dionysus
01-20-2008, 09:53 PM
:rock: :wub:

LadyHitchhiker
01-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Smoochies!

Candice Dionysus
01-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Smoochies back, babe! :huglove:

Fall of Gilead
01-23-2008, 01:32 PM
:onfire:

Wuducynn
01-23-2008, 01:57 PM
What has this thread become?? A lovey-doodle thread??

Candice Dionysus
01-23-2008, 02:03 PM
It has, in fact.

JOSH-EE! [megakisses]

Darkthoughts
01-23-2008, 02:07 PM

Lovey-doodle? :rofl:

Matt!!!! *smoochies* :P

Candice Dionysus
01-23-2008, 02:38 PM

!! [smoochies!] :couple:

Wuducynn
01-23-2008, 02:41 PM

:thumbsup:

Wuducynn
01-23-2008, 02:43 PM
!! [smoochies!] :couple:

Fresh! :thumbsup:

IWasSentWest
01-23-2008, 03:51 PM
so....anybody else tryin to bring back some manly dignity back to the thread? here here

so...how bout those jets...

Matt
01-23-2008, 03:57 PM
**gets it out** :ninja:

That's the only way I know to be manly

IWasSentWest
01-23-2008, 04:07 PM
well hell, i'll do it too ::gets his out as well::

this just went from mantastic to really gay quick

Candice Dionysus
01-23-2008, 06:59 PM
You guys make me giggle. But you shouldn't pull it out if you aren't going to use it.

Wuducynn
01-23-2008, 08:38 PM
so...how bout those jets...

They're going to get stomped and sent home crying like the little bitches they are.

Wuducynn
01-24-2008, 07:12 AM
It’s happened to all of us one time or another…
So I’m driving to work this morning,
and some DICK in a truck pulls out in front of me…

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/Los_The_Red/Dick.jpg

Candice Dionysus
01-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Oh. My. God.

Our neighbors built one of those in their backyard like three Christmases ago.

Snow sculpting + body parts = :wub:

The funniest part is its actually very well sculpted. They done good. :rofl:

Darkthoughts
01-24-2008, 01:55 PM
:lol: Thats very funny!

Let's bring the testosterone levels back down *smooches Can* :D

Míchéal
01-24-2008, 01:56 PM
ha snowcock... legend...

IWasSentWest
01-24-2008, 02:51 PM
yeh the jets are horrible...its just a thing i got off the move "plains, trains, and automobiles" except i think they say ...how bout those bears

jets sounds better

Candice Dionysus
01-24-2008, 08:23 PM
:lol: Thats very funny!

Let's bring the testosterone levels back down *smooches Can* :D

YAY! [double smooches]:panic:

Wuducynn
01-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Let's bring the testosterone levels back down

Why would you want to do that? Thats no fun.

alinda
01-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Mattttqhew, Your so misunderstood.....:rose:

Fall of Gilead
01-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Anyone tried that chocolate cherry Dr. Pepper?? I almost picked some up but it's diet. :nope:

alinda
01-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi Josh, no Ive havent tried it...its not like adding 27 grams of sugar would help :beat: How are you doing?

ZoNeSeeK
01-28-2008, 06:59 PM
I remember when i first had Dr Pepper in year 5 or something, so around 1990. It tasted like medicine :(

fernandito
01-28-2008, 10:31 PM
I remember I said that once and people looked me as if I had just jacked-off an elephant.

LadyHitchhiker
01-29-2008, 12:15 AM
what a work out!

Fall of Gilead
01-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi Josh, no Ive havent tried it...its not like adding 27 grams of sugar would help :beat: How are you doing?

Trying to keep my fuzzy ass out of the cold!

ZoNeSeeK
01-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Feev: Thank god, someone else who thinks it tastes like urine, cough syrup and panadol mixed together.

Candice Dionysus
01-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Monday night I went to hang out with my friends Andrew and Brandon, and I made some new friends. The things is, I hadn't hung out with Brandon in like seven years or something. I was like 12 or 13 last time we spent any real time together. I was so happy just to see him again, I've missed him so much.

The new friends I made are Craig (Emo), Holly, and for some reason I can't remember the other girls name, but I'd know her if I saw her again. Emo's cool, we didn't speak much, but when we did, there was a connection. We were left alone at one point, and we were content to lay quietly on Andrew's bed and listen to my mini-disc player (Seabound and Shpongle, hooray for obscure music!), which was alright. We kissed at one point, but I kissed everyone who was there at one point or another (a few I had kissed at other times) so that was alright.

The part I'll remember the most, though, is the three kisses Brandon gave me right before he left... When I was 12 I had the biggest (and I mean BIGGEST) crush on him, and I don't think that's changed at all, to tell the truth... But to have a childhood crush kiss you years later, when you'd given up hope of ever even seeing them again, and forgotten just how much you really liked them... I don't think anyone can really know what its like to have your world just flipped right upside down like that... We're talking about a guy who I had resigned myself to never getting to ever have any sort of romantic contact with, kissing me out of no where.

I mean, I was happy enough when we first saw each other, and Andrew went to introduce us, and as soon as he said my name, Brandon smiled huge and said "and I know Candice! I haven't hung out with you in forever!" And just like... Gave me this huge freaking hug. I was so happy I think I wanted to cry right there, but I didn't, because I'm good at keeping that in. Haha. But just... I mean, I didn't think he'd remember me at all, and he did, he really did. It had been quite a while since I'd even thought about Brandon, but I knew he was going to be there, and to have him remember me like that... I wonder how much I've been on his mind over the last six or seven years?

It seems we have so much in common now, though. I mean, when we were kids I think it was just Dragon Ball Z and the fact that we lived in the same building that made us friends. But now, our musical taste, fashion sense, fetishes, television shows... A lot of it runs parallel, and I can hardly believe it.

It was so good to be around people who I honestly felt I fit in with. I mean, even when I'm with people who I have stuff in common with, I usually never feel like I fit in. I usually still feel there's some kind of wedge driving itself between us, and that I won't be around them for very long in terms of friendships. And I'm usually right. But with these people, with my real friend Brandon, with my good friend Andrew, with my pretty-boy Twiggy... I honestly felt like I belonged. I don't think I've ever truly been that comfortable, that much of myself, without fearing rejection. But there was no fear, and there was no rejection... Everything was accepted, everyone was accepted, it was... Real friendship, real fellowship. I've never, never been so happy. I've never been around people who liked all the same music as I do, and who liked me for who and what I was, and took me as I came, with no judgment and no disdain for any part of me. It was acceptance, plain and simple, and for once in my life I had no fear of anything, no worries they wouldn't like me, no hidden unsurety, or buried insecurity.

These people, these friends, are everything I've been looking for since I was a child. They remind me so greatly of the character I've written about and created for the Sick Cycle Karousel stories I started writing when I was 13, after the last time I'd seen Brandon. A group of friends who are open with their sexualties, free of inhibitions, so close and so in love with all of each other that it doesn't matter who's with who because everyone is always with everyone. I never thought I'd ever have the kind of friendship in real life as I had created in fiction; now that I do, I'm in shock, and I've never been happier in the whole of my life as I am now.

Not only that, but Brandon now has both my facebook and my cell phone number, plus my express interest in having him come over and see the instruments in my basement. I want us to hang out far more often, I want us to become close friends again, as we once were. And I think he might want the same thing, or maybe he wants more. Who knows? Who cares? I'm just happy to be around him again! (I might, ah, switch randomly from calling him Brandon to calling him Casper... Same person, Casper is just a nickname.)

So yeah! I just wanted to share how happy I am, and why. <3

fernandito
01-30-2008, 02:08 AM
Feev: Thank god, someone else who thinks it tastes like urine, cough syrup and panadol mixed together.

Might as well drink Pepto Bismol ™ with your meal, right?:pirate:

ManOfWesternesse
01-30-2008, 02:22 AM
Monday night ...... I was so happy ........I was happy ......... I was so happy........I can hardly believe it.....It was so good...... I honestly felt like I belonged...... Real friendship...... I've never, never been so happy.......I've never been happier in the whole of my life as I am now...... I'm just happy......So yeah! I just wanted to share how happy I am..... <3

But..... are you happy Can?
:lol: Glad to hear life is looking up for you.

Candice Dionysus
01-30-2008, 05:13 AM
Hahaha, d'you think I am, Brian?
Seriously... Thanks, though. :huglove:

Brice
01-30-2008, 05:30 AM
I'm glad to hear things are going so good Can.

ZoNeSeeK
01-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Brian: :rofl:

Shelbs
01-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Lost!

Tomorrow!

*pees her pants*!

Darkthoughts
01-31-2008, 03:18 AM
*pees Shelbs pants too*

*apologises and gets out of Shelbs pants*

*pees own pants*

Wuducynn
01-31-2008, 05:09 AM
Just a friendly reminder for Jon this morning -

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/Los_The_Red/a492_bm.jpg

Shelbs
01-31-2008, 05:15 AM
*pees Shelbs pants too*

*apologises and gets out of Shelbs pants*

*pees own pants*

11 hours 45 minutes. :excited:

Darkthoughts
01-31-2008, 12:22 PM
3 more days over here...can I keep up with the laundry in the meantime?

Raron
01-31-2008, 03:35 PM
*A figure descends from the heavens riding upon a toaster with wings, a guitar is straped to his chest and he looks upon the area with a look a madness and hapiness, he reaches down and plays on note a the guitar that booms through the room*
LAMENT!
*his voice echos as he plays a series of notes on the guitar, somewhere children are laughing, somewhere people shout, but not here because the man is obviously inept with the guitar.*
OR REJOICE!!!!
*he tosses the guitar to the ground and leaps off the toaster posing.*
I HAVE ARRIVED! I am Raron... how you all doing?
fo those of you wondering who is this guy, why is he obsessed with toast? and is he MAD?!
I am Raron, brother to ladyhitchiker in real life, member of Darktower.net though I have been absent for a while.
I am the hugger of a thousand trees.
destoryer of minds and mimes alike.
I am he how knows no politics.
I AM RARON!
as to why the toast and am I mad...
I LIKE TOAST AND THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR YOU! DO YOU WANT TO MAKE SOMETHING OF IT! I HAVE A HAMSTER AND I AM NOT AFRIED TO USE IT!
... that should answer all your questions, and to those who just met me... I have on question for you...
How can I change your world today?*

*this is not now nor will it ever be a money offer.

Raron
01-31-2008, 03:42 PM
... did I scare everyone away with my awesomeness?

Matt
01-31-2008, 03:52 PM

Not me Raron--welcome to the site. Way to jump right in.

Shelbs
01-31-2008, 03:54 PM
I was just still sitting here in awe... *eyes wide*

:P Nice to meet you, Raron!

MonteGss
01-31-2008, 04:03 PM
I thought you'd make it over here eventually. :) Nice to see you Raron. :cool:

Daghain
01-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Welcome to the site, Raron. :)

Storyslinger
02-01-2008, 11:11 AM
*A figure descends from the heavens riding upon a toaster with wings, a guitar is straped to his chest and he looks upon the area with a look a madness and hapiness, he reaches down and plays on note a the guitar that booms through the room*
LAMENT!
*his voice echos as he plays a series of notes on the guitar, somewhere children are laughing, somewhere people shout, but not here because the man is obviously inept with the guitar.*
OR REJOICE!!!!
*he tosses the guitar to the ground and leaps off the toaster posing.*
I HAVE ARRIVED! I am Raron... how you all doing?
fo those of you wondering who is this guy, why is he obsessed with toast? and is he MAD?!
I am Raron, brother to ladyhitchiker in real life, member of Darktower.net though I have been absent for a while.
I am the hugger of a thousand trees.
destoryer of minds and mimes alike.
I am he how knows no politics.
I AM RARON!
as to why the toast and am I mad...
I LIKE TOAST AND THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR YOU! DO YOU WANT TO MAKE SOMETHING OF IT! I HAVE A HAMSTER AND I AM NOT AFRIED TO USE IT!
... that should answer all your questions, and to those who just met me... I have on question for you...
How can I change your world today?*

*this is not now nor will it ever be a money offer.

Awesome post.

We are well met. Welcome

Wuducynn
02-05-2008, 01:08 PM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s240/esfisher/sammich.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s240/esfisher/pool.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s240/esfisher/bike.jpg

sullivan19
02-05-2008, 01:11 PM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s240/esfisher/sammich.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s240/esfisher/pool.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s240/esfisher/bike.jpg

You nutter!!

Wuducynn
02-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Hey Sullivan, its good seeing you back on the board again.

sullivan19
02-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks. Good to see you too. How's things? Have I missed much?

Wuducynn
02-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah, but you can get up to speed by just reading through the threads. You missed the Eye of the CK necklace give-a-way..thats the big thing.

sullivan19
02-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Whats the eye of the CK necklace?

Wuducynn
02-05-2008, 01:37 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1841

Fall of Gilead
02-05-2008, 01:39 PM
:orely:

sullivan19
02-05-2008, 01:47 PM
That's a cool necklace. I'll try and catch you another time CK, I gotta go. I'll drop in more often.

LadyHitchhiker
02-13-2008, 08:38 AM
You should! :D

Matt
02-13-2008, 09:05 AM
That's a cool necklace. I'll try and catch you another time CK, I gotta go. I'll drop in more often.

It is very nice to see you and I really appreciate the support sullivan :couple:

alinda
02-13-2008, 09:16 AM
Hey there everyone! I'm back home again, and delighted to see you all.
I did not catch any fish, I did not even attend MONSTER MUDFEST!
Lake Okeechoobee is 1/2 dried up sadley, didnt even see any gators!!:angry:
Damned global warming. Anyway, it looks as if there are a few of you joining
in on the Duma Key give-a-way thats good. I'm taking names, and look forward to giving this thing away....I loved the story myself, and know you will too. I wish I didnt put such a long time waiting for it but maybe some more of you will join in the fun....I hope so. I've missed you all very much.

Storyslinger
02-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Welcome back.

MonteGss
02-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Linda! Welcome back lady sai!

Wuducynn
02-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Hey there everyone! I'm back home again, and delighted to see you all.
I did not catch any fish, I did not even attend MONSTER MUDFEST!
Lake Okeechoobee is 1/2 dried up sadley, didnt even see any gators!!:angry:
Damned global warming. Anyway, it looks as if there are a few of you joining
in on the Duma Key give-a-way thats good. I'm taking names, and look forward to giving this thing away....I loved the story myself, and know you will too. I wish I didnt put such a long time waiting for it but maybe some more of you will join in the fun....I hope so. I've missed you all very much.

Welcome back and I got your voice message, but you called over the weekend and I don't work weekends. Did you just want to chat or was it something serious?

alinda
02-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Thank you both!! I cant believe the post counter up page....
I have 5,053 posts to catch-up on. Best get busy....
Have I missed very much else?

Wuducynn
02-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Well you missed my post ;)

alinda
02-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Hey, you wouldnt believe me if I could tell you what I was doing, just
got into the phone more than usual....:beat: Hell, I'm not sure I remembered
it was the weekend, or that was a work # :doh: I'm better now! I just wanted to chat, ya know?

Welcome back and I got your voice message, but you called over the weekend and I don't work weekends. Did you just want to chat or was it something serious?[/QUOTE]

Wuducynn
02-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Hey, you wouldnt believe me if I could tell you what I was doing, just
got into the phone more than usual....:beat: Hell, I'm not sure I remembered
it was the weekend, or that was a work # :doh: I'm better now! I just wanted to chat, ya know?

:cool:

sai blaine
02-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Thank you both!! I cant believe the post counter up page....
I have 5,053 posts to catch-up on. Best get busy....
Have I missed very much else?
Linda!!! *smooches* hi hi :excited:

alinda
02-13-2008, 09:30 AM
I knew you'd understand :couple:

Hi David, good to see you, how ya been? *smooches back*

sai blaine
02-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Up n Down, Up n Down i'm a yo-yo :borg:

Hows about you? :wub:

alinda
02-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Mostly down, but hey I'm working it out! I've really missed all of you,
damned dreary old world without you guys in it!:huglove:

sai blaine
02-13-2008, 09:39 AM

Fall of Gilead
02-13-2008, 02:24 PM
*pounces on Linda*

Brice
02-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Welcome home linda! :huglove:

jayson
02-13-2008, 02:32 PM
welcome back linda!

ManOfWesternesse
02-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Welcome back Linda.:rose:

LadyHitchhiker
02-13-2008, 09:49 PM
LINDA!!!!!!! MISS YOU!!!!!!

Westy!!!! Could you pm me your addy sometime so I can send you another postcard????

Pleeeeeease?

alinda
02-15-2008, 06:31 AM
Well dang ! Thats a great welcome back, I love you guys so much!!:huglove:
Thanks, you sure know how to cheer me up!!

Ruthful
02-15-2008, 10:10 AM
A debate I'm having on other boards,

Does toast look more like Rob Reiner or Alex Keaton's father from Family Ties (Michael Gross)?

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/921/satelliteec3.jpg

Shelbs
02-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Rob Reiner, fer sure.

Ruthful
02-15-2008, 10:33 AM
That's what everyone else says.

Shelbs
02-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Who do you think he looks more like?

Ruthful
02-15-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm not sure, but he does sort of look like a fatter, Middle Eastern version of Michael Gross. I guess it proves how worthless these Rewards for Justice and Most-wanted fugitive posters put out by the FBI and State Dept. are, which is a point that a member of LiveLeak brought up during a discussion of al-Manar's and the Hezbots' eulogy for him. It reminds me of that SNL sketch where Norm McDonald played the police sketch artist who had drawn the Unabomber.

alinda
02-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Thats amazing, I wouldnt have thought that Rob Riener & Michael Gross looked alike at all....but this prooves it, and as you asked I think he favors
Rob Riener slightly more than the other guy.

Hi Ruthful, nice to see you & Hi Shelbs!!

Shelbs
02-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Howdy alinda :D

alinda
02-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Hey yourself ! How ya doing there girl?

Matt
02-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Linda! Great to see you, nice to have you back. :couple:

alinda
02-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanx, always so nice to be here.......

PS. Happy Valentines (a little late) *MWAH*

Ruthful
02-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Thats amazing, I wouldnt have thought that Rob Riener & Michael Gross looked alike at all....but this prooves it, and as you asked I think he favors
Rob Riener slightly more than the other guy.

Hi Ruthful, nice to see you & Hi Shelbs!!

Hey, Lin.!

What's up?

:)

Syd Barrett
02-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Sick? Sick's not a mood...

fernandito
02-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Look who's talking, Mr. LSD!!

Ruthful
02-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Sick? Sick's not a mood...

Perhaps, but it comes closer to describing my mood than "bad hair day" does.

Ruthful
02-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Upcoming event in The City involving yours truly, for those who care,

http://toddseavey.com/debates-at-lolita-bar/

http://indolentmick.livejournal.com/64052.html?mode=reply

Usually these things are pretty interesting, FWIW.

ZoNeSeeK
02-20-2008, 11:09 PM
I love all of Ruthful's pics of NYC, I can't wait to go in 2009! :)

Ruthful
02-20-2008, 11:18 PM
It's a fun place to visit, definitely.

If I had to rent an apartment I'd want to live in Berlin though.

Tell you what, if my friend from Brisbane makes it back here by next year we'll go out on a huge, citywide bender.

:harrier:

LadyHitchhiker
02-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Well I hurt myself Tuesday and don't know how. Back's out in eight different spots and my neck in 4... doing a quick run through of posts here because I probly won't be here for a while... Lots of bedrest I'm going to suspect and ice will be what fixes my back. Going to chiropractor today.. went there Friday and hopefully he will start making a difference. Trying to get into the masseusse because I'm desperate to start feeling bettter. It's never gone out this bad and I'm "too young for surgery"....

Love you all though and miss you

Liz

Ruthful
02-25-2008, 08:09 AM
Good luck, Liz!

Strangely enough, my hernia started acting up last night, which is never pleasant, although so far it's manageable.

Hope this isn't too bad for you.

Get well and come back at your leisure.

ManOfWesternesse
02-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Good luck with it Liz - get well soon.
Back problems I know all about.:arg:

jayson
02-25-2008, 08:15 AM
feel better soon Liz!!!!!

Storyslinger
02-25-2008, 09:06 AM
hope you're feeling better soon

alinda
02-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Liz,

I am only now reading of this, I hope by now your feeling much better.
Much LOVE to you, and your family, tell em' I said so kay? ((gentle hug))L.

Rjeso
02-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Feel better soon, L-Liz!

alinda
03-04-2008, 02:32 PM
ATTENTION : I have just hooked-up a computer @ home !! I can be on all the time now (haha) :excited:

Matt
03-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Woohoo!! That is great news Linda, always a beautiful day when you are here.

ManOfWesternesse
03-04-2008, 03:23 PM
ATTENTION : I have just hooked-up a computer @ home !! I can be on all the time now (haha) :excited:

Way to go Linda!!

alinda
03-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Thankyou gents, now to iron out some kinks....
I bought a DELL, yeah I know, but we only
have dial-up here in the woods, so suffer slow!
But, I am here and so happy. How are you guys?

Brice
03-04-2008, 05:21 PM

grouphug:

Ruthful
03-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Garfield without Garfield

That Internet fad is so three days ago.

:P

Candice Dionysus
03-04-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm posting this so Linda can see my avatar.

Bigger version:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d9/WinterBlack/pictures/IM000013.jpg

Odetta
08-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Soooo...

...my week was a bitch to which I flip the bird and so now I'm drinking!
Anyone care to join me?

theBeamisHome
08-01-2008, 10:48 AM
:excited:
I do, I do!!!!

I need to... i mean, wtf was up with this week??

Míchéal
08-01-2008, 10:49 AM
All this beer talk is making me thirsty.

theBeamisHome
08-01-2008, 10:50 AM
ew! who said anything about beer? i'm talking liquor! i'm bartender!

Odetta
08-01-2008, 10:51 AM
pardon my French, but this week sucked balls. Big fat sweaty balls!

Michie, did you already drink the other one I threw you?
*tosses out another*

fernandito
08-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Man, I completely forgot about this place!

(puts feet up on nearest table)

Odetta
08-01-2008, 10:52 AM
*pours a Pacifico over head to catch fp's eye*

Daghain
08-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Pass me a vodka martini, will you? :)

Odetta
08-01-2008, 10:54 AM
do you want an olive?

theBeamisHome
08-01-2008, 10:54 AM
alright! vodka.... vermouth.... :unsure:

Míchéal
08-01-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm goin to the fridge, I was on a 2 day roll ya feckers.

Daghain
08-01-2008, 11:21 AM
do you want an olive?

3 olives, please. I like a snack with my drink. :lol:

Míchéal
08-01-2008, 11:31 AM
touche razz...

theBeamisHome
08-01-2008, 11:32 AM
?!?!? razz's post disappeared!!

Míchéal
08-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Bring it back :( those songs were kickass.

Jean
08-01-2008, 12:05 PM
YouTube - Richard Cheese Singing Freak on A Leash
YouTube - Richard Cheese - Disturbed Cover - Down With the Sickness

Míchéal
08-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Woohoo!!!

Daghain
08-01-2008, 12:08 PM
I wonder if Roland caught it for some reason...let me go look.

razz
08-01-2008, 12:52 PM
the videos wouldn't show up. i figured there was something wrong so i deleted them. Jean put them back, i guess. thanx.

like i said, every lounge need lounge music :D

theBeamisHome
08-02-2008, 05:04 AM
c'mon in Alex. what do you want to drink?

razz
08-02-2008, 08:30 AM
would thedarktower.org by any chance condone underage drinking? because this week whipped my ass than tossed me down a stairwell.

razz
08-02-2008, 08:48 AM
something light. don't care what. :lol:

Odetta
08-02-2008, 09:25 AM
*tosses Alex a maitai (sp)*

Odetta
08-02-2008, 09:31 AM
nprb

alinda
08-02-2008, 09:35 AM
hello , whats going on? :D