PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Tower Rhyme

zenlectroslito
03-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Hello Katet. I wanted to share some music of mine with you if you are interested in listening. After having read The Gunslinger, I was inspired to write a song that expressed my imagination of the imagery King provided to us through his outstanding series. I was on book 7 by the time I finally felt I had enough to muster up a writing.

The beat was done by a very talented hip-hop beat artist named clockwork. I was the one that wrote and performed all the lyrics. Just follow the link for a listen. YouTube - "The Dark Tower" Rhyme

Drop me a line and let me know what you think (either on here or on www.myspace.com/mysourgrapes). This is just something I did for my own, and others' entertainment. So I having nothing to gain other than the enjoyment of sharing my passion for poetry.

mia/susannah
03-27-2009, 04:21 PM
I don't know if it is just my computer or what, but when I click on to this thread, there is nothing here but the reply box.

alinda
03-27-2009, 05:00 PM
It ia a video of music, Roland thought it was spam, it is qued for approval, and will show up soon.:huglove:

mia/susannah
03-27-2009, 06:06 PM
oh, ok, thanks,alinda. to bad my computer won't play videos

zenlectroslito
03-28-2009, 07:09 AM
Yes thank you. I apologize, but fully understand the reason for the delay on the video. Really it is just audio of my song on youtube, and the video is just a still picture of a watercolor cowboy of mine. The pic you see was created years before I had ever heard of, or read the Dark Tower series. It was quite eerie to me the resemblence of my cowboy to that of King's "Roland". As the old saying goes "There is nothing new that is under the sun".

When the song/video gets put up, I hope you all enjoy it. Thanks again for the filtering though, I know a lot of disrespectful people will post "crap" just to try and get people irritated. Take care and everyone enjoy.

Peace, love, and understanding.

Randall Flagg
03-28-2009, 08:08 AM
It should appear now.
I have to say I enjoyed it quite a bit.

flaggwalkstheline
03-28-2009, 08:59 AM
That was amazing
Do u know anywhere where I can download it so I can put it on my mp3 player?:rock:

zenlectroslito
03-28-2009, 12:09 PM
I can put it up on myspace.com/mysourgrapes sometime this week if you'd like, and I will set it to where you can download it. I really appreciate the good comments. I made the song really for my own enjoyment but thought, hey... there may be others who would like to hear it also.

That was amazing
Do u know anywhere where I can download it so I can put it on my mp3 player?:rock:

mia/susannah
03-28-2009, 01:39 PM
When I go to my girls house tomorrow I will chek it out!!!

zenlectroslito
03-28-2009, 05:01 PM
When I go to my girls house tomorrow I will chek it out!!!

Thanks Mia/Suse...hope you enjoy!